6,123 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Knights of Thunder [AU][S][C/Elise]
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 6:06:11 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The view from the second floor lounge of Mauville Gym, while not as spectacular as the one from the Gym Leader's office, was still breathtaking. The north-facing windows let those resting from pickup races, battles with Gym Trainers such as , or even those simply relaxing while waiting for their appointments to come, to take in the grandeur of the facility that had been constructed with copious amounts of Mauville taxpayer money. It was windy and overcast, but otherwise pleasant outside.

"Celadon has a really good ball club this year, don't they, Elise?" Josh idly asked, finishing up some leftover macaroni salad from a recent party his Gym had hosted. Baseball had changed a lot, the new pitch clock rules making the game a lot more offense-focused rather than defense-focused. It made games more exciting for players, for coaches, and for fans alike. The game Josh had on the lounge's big-screen TV was no exception: an untimely hit-by-pitch from the rival Cerulean City team had loaded the bases with only one out. "This guy can hit the ball a mile, too," Josh remarked. "You throw the ball over the plate and he'll hit it outta the park. Grand slams are--"

The young man was interrupted by the sound of creaky hinges as a big gust of wind howled through an open window. "Whew, it's getting nasty outside!" Josh cried over the wind. "Might have to call everyone in until this front passes. Elise, can you crank that window shut, please? I don't like the way it sounds."

AU: An alternate Hoenn timeline in while the Kanto Rocket Invasion was unsuccessful, meaning Kanto is intact.

{WC: 258}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS 
                                  ♥♥♥♥♥
Josh            Human             ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Saber           Manectric         Good
Blitz           Luxray**          Good
Braver          K!Arcanine        Good
Craggro         H!Arcanine        Good
Raiden          Zebstrika         Good
Raikiri         Zeraora           Good
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,359 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON May 16, 2023 8:35:41 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Since the day’s work as a gym trainer for the Mauville gym left her a bit tired, most of the gym’s other staff were taking in the grandeur of the second floor lounge which had a relaxing view. The gym leader was watching a game between two of the popular cities in Kanto while he asks her idly about Celadon having a good ball club this year. “They do though I don’t know much about sports other than my father showing me matches being played in his home country of Galar.” She responds with a nod as she watched the match play out on the big screen television. [break][break]

His remark about the way that the player on the TV hitting the ball in a good pitch was interrupted by a big gust of wind blowing in that the hinges creaked. “I will get that for you, Josh.” The royal would waste no time in making sure the window was completely shut, so that the wind wouldn’t disturb him when he was watching the game on television.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,123 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 6:15:29 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]KNIGHTS OF THUNDER

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

AU THREAD

MAUVILLE GYM

AS SHUTS THE SECOND-FLOOR WINDOW, a deafening thundercrack pounds at the ears of those nearby. Glass goes flying everywhere as many north-facing windows are blown out. Others in the lounge flee in a panic, dashing for the stairwell with all due haste. Strangely enough, no flash of lightning is anywhere in sight.[break][break]

THOUGH MUCH OF THE SKY AROUND THE GYM IS CLEAR, a yellow-and-purple, billowing, ominous cloud visibly expands from the north, headed directly toward Mauville City. The closer the cloud gets to the Gym, the more the wind grows in intensity, turning what glass remained of the windows into deadly projectiles flying through the lounge.[break][break]

SECONDS LATER, A BRILLIANT FLASH ECLIPSES THE GYM, accompanied by a THUNDER attack so powerful that those who witness it can feel its reverberations despite its great distance. Emergency sirens blare as a second THUNDER attack strikes much closer. A mild to moderate tremor rocks the Gym, leaving a giant, almost crater-like dent in the Gym's main battle court. Within the blinding light is a dark, feline silhouette that many Johtonians and those well-educated in mythology would recognize as RAIKOU.[break][break]

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,359 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 4:48:30 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The woman hears the thundercrack outside when she shuts the second-floor window and the sounds of glass breaking from the other windows make her jump a bit with most of the staff going to run in terror to the stairwell. For a storm, there wasn’t any lightning in sight. Her ears rung from the loud sound of the thundercrack while the winds howled in the open broken glass windows as she was a bit brave enough to look outside to the yellow and purple cloud moving over the city while the skies were clear.[break][break]

Yet, the silhouette following the bright flash of light would be a familiar beast, one that the Johtonian legends spoke of with the creation of the three fallen Pokemon revived by Ho-Oh at the burning of the Brass Tower after the bright flash of light and a Thunder attack happened. A second Thunder made an almost crater-like dent on the gym’s main battle court.[break][break]

“Did you see it too, Josh? I’m sure Raikou’s presence has to be here…but I don’t know what led him to come here to Hoenn.” She spoke over to the Mauville gym leader since he did know more about Raikou than anyone else and had chased him for a longer time.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,123 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 5:41:32 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had experienced the Beast's presence once before, though as a replica. His familiarity with the Emergent's facsimile of Raikou helped prepare him for this moment. "He's... Elise, he's right there!" Josh managed through much trembling. After thirteen tireless years, was this at last the Gym Leader's time to shine? "It's the Kanto War. Rocket tried to invade his homeland. I imagine he is searching for a partner to return the favor. He's already appeared to me in dreams several times. I think I'm the one he's looking for." He cleared his throat. "I'm going out there. I'm not passing this opportunity up."

Josh took the elevator down to the ground level, flying past challengers and Gym employees taking cover. "You should take cover, too." Of course, Elise was free to follow him to the Racing Grounds proper if she wanted. Stepping outside, she may have been able to hear Josh in prayer:

"O Great One, hallowed bird of rainbow colors, thy will be done. Impart me with thine FORESIGHT, thine JUDGMENT, and thine INSIGHT to carry out thy will, and to deliver Hoenn from thine enemies. O Great One, impart thy faithful servant with the Blessing of Thunder, and make me a messenger of the new kingdom to come. A kingdom where thine Blessed serve thy Great Will for ever and ever. Amen."

Josh whistled for his very fastest Pokémon: his Manectric, Luxray, Zeraora, Zebstrika, and both of his Arcanine. Hopping onto Saber's back, he slowly guided the electric wolf toward Raikou. As the wind picked up, the silhouette would turn full-color, revealing the Beast in all his glory.

"Great Beast of lightning, I beseech you. While you and your brothers have kept Kanto and Johto safe, Hoenn is on the brink of collapse at the hands of the same bad actors that invaded your homeland. If I am the one you are looking for, then I shall serve you in the best capacity I can. Together, we can make not only Johto, but Hoenn, a safe place to live. Great Raikou, I wholly offer myself to you."

AU: An alternate Hoenn timeline in while the Kanto Rocket Invasion was unsuccessful, meaning Kanto is intact.

{WC: 350}
{PC: 2}

♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,359 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 6:08:38 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Nodding to Josh when he affirmed that it was the presence of Raikou that came to Mauville City, the legendary beast of thunder wanted him since he thought the gym leader was worthy of granting him his power. “That is a greater honor to be chosen by Raikou himself.” She follows him to the elevator down to the racing grounds where the gym leader was heard making a prayer to Raikou once she stepped outside. [break][break]

The attempted invasion of Johto by Team Rocket was luckily stopped, so the legendary beasts were still alive and kicking than she wouldn’t want to see them perish in the conflict. Releasing Sayori out of her Pokeball, the woman joins Josh in mounting the feline dark type when he mounts on Saber with the female Absol following the Manectric with keeping up with the electric type canine’s pace. Now that one of the legendary beasts of Johto were here in the Hoenn region, seeing Raikou himself in the flesh made for a good story to tell to her mother back in Johto.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,123 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2023 4:58:15 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

AU THREAD

MAUVILLE GYM

RAIKOU'S RED EYES GLARE DOWNWARD at Mauville's Gym Leader as he pleads his case. A loud purr reverberates across the Gym grounds unlike anything or had felt in their lives. While the Beast fails to recognize Josh's prayer to the Great One, it does reply with a nod before taking two steps toward him and his MANECTRIC.[break][break]

A BLINDING FLASH OF LIGHTNING DESCENDS from the yellow and purple sky, 's MANECTRIC shielding its rider and by way of its LIGHTNING ROD. The electric deity's eyes shift toward her. Her hair stands on end as its fierce gaze meets her and her ABSOL. Gale-force downdrafts threaten to flatten the duo against their Pokémon mounts or even unseat them completely.[break][break]

INTRIGUED BY THE MANECTRIC'S GRIT, the RAIKOU's maw opens, exposing the knife-like fangs protruding from its upper jaw. Sharp enough to shatter bone and long enough to fully pierce a human limb, they are natural weapons just as feared as its lightning. With a ROAR loud enough to leave all those present with ringing ears, the electric tiger beckons those courageous enough to remain in its presence to give chase. With a flex of its bulging leg muscles, the legendary Pokémon makes a low leap over the Gym's eastern fence. Whatever preconception Josh had from riding 's Raikou-familiar fails to hold a candle to the sight of the real Beast. As it flees, the storm cloud seems to follow and expand around it, exposing more and more of Hoenn to the harsh weather beneath it. The sound of rapid thunderclaps continues to ravage the ears of those present, particularly those who give chase. A trail of lightning bolts sets the surrounding grass ablaze in an electrical fire that threatens to engulf the Gym. If not handled promptly, it could spread to Mauville City's northwest district![break][break]

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

BELOW are a list of prompts you must incorporate into this thread.[break][break]

• Interact with the electrical fire. WATER-type attacks will have limited effectiveness against the fire. Through experimentation, characters may discover GROUND-type attacks are highly effective.
  • Get on the RAIKOU's trail. If the electrical fire is extinguished directly, characters may discover the RAIKOU's footprints and find following the trail easier.
  • An intense lightning storm must be incorporated into the thread in some way.
  • 's Virtues of Foresight, Judgment, and Insight must be explored in some way.
  • 's Johtonian heritage must be pivotal in some way.
  • Ultimately, Josh and Elise will catch up to the RAIKOU on the beaches of Route 118. While they will not be able to end their chase here, they will need to make a decision on whether it is more advantageous to lure the RAIKOU toward Route 119 or Route 123.

[break]
Reasons for why Josh and Elise may want to lure the RAIKOU toward Route 119:

Route 119 is more wooded and has a well-defined trail, restricting the RAIKOU's speed.[break][break]

's knowledge of the presence of a nearby shrine dedicated to RAIKOU may lead him to believe the legendary is attracted to it.

Reasons for why Josh and Elise may want to lure the RAIKOU toward Route 123:

Route 123 is more wide open, making the RAIKOU easier to track.[break][break]

The significantly more sparse vegetation along Route 123's wetlands greatly reduces the risk of another electrical fire taking place.

There is no right or wrong choice.

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break]

• You can only fulfill ONE PROMPT per post.
  • In your final posts, please ROLL.
  • Afterward, RAIKOURIDER will reveal the outcome of 's and 's choice.

[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,359 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 19:53:17 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Watching the sight of the great beast of thunder give out a loud purr that reverberated through the gym’s grounds before the legendary electric type gives a nod towards the gym leader and his Manectric, the Raikou takes two steps towards the other duo. A bolt of lightning from the black and purple cloud would be absorbed by the Manectric’s Lightningrod ability in his attempt to protect both Josh and Elise from being electrocuted before the red eyes of the large cat make her hair stand on end from the static of its electric power while it stares at her and her Absol.[break][break]

Feeling the powerful downward draft which would threaten to unseat her from her Absol, she held on until the draft stops and the series of thunderclaps boomed in the city with an electrical fire started on the grass by a trail of lightning bolts. If this was not taken care of, the fire could burn down the Mauville gym, so she sends out her Dragonite to help attempt to put it out.[break][break]

“The water from Ice Punch might be enough to douse it out.” Elise spoke over to her Dragonite as Saffira’s Ice Punch creates water from the fire melting ice to have it drop onto the electrical fire burning the grass around the gym.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Doing the interact with the electrical fire prompt.[break]
- Saffira the Dragonite uses Ice Punch to create water for an attempt to douse the electrical fire.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,123 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2023 7:34:53 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Saffira's melted ICE PUNCH created enough water to at least prevent the fire from spreading in one direction, though the dousing didn't have as much of an effect as common sense would expect. "Ugh, all my water Pokémon are out and about," Josh groaned loudly enough for Elise to hear, rolling his eyes. "Think! What other Pokémon do you have that could put the fire out?" Remembering the day he helped with putting out a forest fire helped; while Josh used water Pokémon, Paxton had used ground Pokémon. Unfortunately, he was without his ground-types, too.

Then, an epiphany.

"It won't exactly be clean, but I do have an idea," Josh notified Elise with a hint of dejection in his tone. "Braver, come here," he called out to his Kantonian Arcanine, cupping both his hands around his mouth for projection. The fire-type fearlessly bounded toward the disaster waiting to happen. "Braver, can you cut this fire off with your SCORCHING SANDS, please?" While it wasn't a great solution, surrounding the electrical fire with the heated, hard grains of rock would deprive the electrical fire of fuel. The sands would need to be cleaned up eventually, and that was going to be a big project. The main battle court would no longer be usable, meaning Josh would need to come up with a temporary location for battle challenges until it could be repaired.

Once the fire had been extinguished with the two working together, Josh noticed a deep set of footprints where the center of the fire was. The claws came together at a single point, and were deep and long. More similar footprints, albeit less prominent, led away from the Gym and to the east, along Mauville Bay. "Look how far apart these are," he pointed at the massive gap indicating how long the creature's strides had to be. "I think we've got our answer. Let's follow this trail out of here. The rest of my staff can batten down the hatches." He withdrew the rest of his Pokémon and took a seat on Saber's back; as much as he wanted the added speed of an Arcanine, the protection from stray electric attacks would be far more valuable. After all, they were dealing with a god of lightning.

- Get on the RAIKOU's trail. If the electrical fire is extinguished directly, characters may discover the RAIKOU's footprints and find following the trail easier.

{WC: 383}
{PC: 3}

♥♥♥♥♥

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,359 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2023 3:41:38 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The Ice Punch from the Dragonite did help keep the fire from spreading and causing damage to the gym, but it wasn’t putting it out. Josh asks if she has any other Pokemon since this was the answer in dealing with something an electric type would do. “I don’t think I have any others that could put this fire out, but I’ll continue to have her help cut off the spread.” Her response to the Mauville gym leader came with a sigh, she definitely wasn’t prepared in dealing with something the Beast of Thunder would’ve put the gym in danger for.[break][break]

Seeing Josh try something with Braver, his Arcanine, the Scorching Sands move from the fire type made the rocks cut off the electrical fire’s spread, but made a mess with the sand. Saffira helps to cut off the fire with the water coming from her Ice Punch until the fire was completely out. There were deep footprints with the claws coming together while the other set led out of the gym, going east to the Mauville Bay.[break][break]

“That does appear to be the likely path we’re talking, I’ll follow you.” The female royal returns Saffira back inside her Pokeball since the Dragonite would be needed a bit later if they would come across something that the stronger dragon would be able to deal with. The Absol would get herself ready to ride along with Josh and Saber out of the gym since Sayori worried a little about how powerful the beast was if he was able to almost knock her rider off.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,123 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2023 7:00:07 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's skin tingled as he and his Manectric picked up the pace, beckoning Sayori to match it. "Look how far apart these footprints are," he pointed beneath his feet. The sheer speed of the creature that made them had to be extraordinary. Supernatural, even. Though they had taken the time to look at the first set of footprints before they had given chase, it was worth it for Josh to understand his confidence was well-placed; it was his honed JUDGMENT in action.

"Saber, faster!" Josh cried, squeezing the Manectric's sides and getting a feel for the length of the electric wolf's strides at full speed. While they weren't longer than his quarry's, full running speed wasn't everything. Burst speed mattered a lot. Though the Beast was far faster, Josh had a secret weapon: the discharge of Z-Power in the form of a HYPERSONIC PLASMA CHARGE. That was a move that surely no wild Pokémon could use, as the power of Z-Moves required the trainer and Pokémon to be in perfect sync. It was his honed INSIGHT in action.

Even so, Josh had a plan but he also had to plan to be adaptable. As the outskirts of Old Mauville's roads gave way to the sands of Mauville Bay, he knew he had a choice to make. Would it be better to draw Raikou toward the north, in Fortree's direction, or toward the east, in Lilycove's direction? His instincts leaned toward the more open path toward Lilycove. The immense speed of his Z-Move would be more controllable there, but that would also put Raikou in his element. He also had to respect 's comfort with speed, as well. With how fast the electric-type could go, it might not be possible for Sayori to keep up. As counterintuitive as it was, north might be their best shot. It was his honed FORESIGHT in action.

- JOSH DEVLIN 's Virtues of Foresight, Judgment, and Insight must be explored in some way.

{WC: 314}
{PC: 4}

♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,359 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2023 20:31:46 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The speed of the Absol would pick up after the electric canine gets told to go faster by his rider. By being beckoned from the sheer speed that the Manectric was going, she wanted to match with his speed as much as possible while Josh noted how far apart the footprints of the large creature was. Both of their mounts would be going towards the outskirts of Old Mauville’s road giving way to the Mauville Bay, there were two choices in what to choose to lure the legendary beast of thunder to. Up north was the direction of Fortree and in the east, the direction of Lilycove was another spot to lure the bigger creature.[break][break]

Although her hands were holding the reins of her Absol and couldn’t properly pray without stopping the speed of the dark type, the female royal still can ready herself to do what her mother’s ancestresses did in the past. Priestesses of her mother’s maternal bloodline asked the legendary bird, Ho-Oh, for divine clairvoyance where their Pokemon were more than capable to grant their power of insight with a certain move.[break][break]

“O Divine Rainbow One, I ask that you lend me your guidance and grant me the clairvoyant powers used by my mother’s ancestresses from ages long past.” A solemn prayer to the legendary Ho-Oh came with fervent devotion as Sayori’s red eyes glowed light blue. The power of the Absol’s Future Sight move would let both her rider and the dark type herself see into the future. [break][break]

A clairvoyant vision showed the legendary beast they were pursuing where he was coming a little closer to the path in Route 119…presumably where the shrine dedicated to it was. Once the vision ended, the female gym trainer turns to her employer when the Absol would try to get close enough to Saber. “I very much think going to Route 119 will be my decision too. The vision Sayori showed me had a shrine dedicated to Raikou I think.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- 's Johtonian heritage must be pivotal in some way.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,123 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2023 6:35:40 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Like Elise, Josh worshipped the Great One, though the two called the same god different names. Similar, yet slightly different tales. Though Raikou was the one the Gym Leader desired above all else, it was the glory of the Great One, Ho-oh, to whom Josh dedicated himself.

The mention of Route 119's shrine dedicated to Raikou sparked memories of to the forefront of the Gym Leader's mind. It was at that very shrine that the path leading to his current positions, both as Mauville's Gym Leader and as one of Hoenn's most prominent Rangers, had their seeds planted. How fitting that Elise suggest they head that way. "Then we should ride closer to the shore," Josh suggested, reining his Manectric from the grass to the beach. With every stride, the electric-type kicked up a cloud of sand behind the two.

Not long after they had set foot on the shores of Mauville Bay, the sky erupted in yellows and whites, Josh flinching as lightning struck all around him, booming thunder compromising his hearing. One bolt forked directly above Saber, dancing between his halters. Josh's skin tingled as his steed's LIGHTNING ROD directed the divine-strength THUNDERBOLT into the ground beneath. A second boom echoed across the bay, though this one was not accompanied by a flash of lightning. He peered up to see the source of the noise. It was the Pokémon he had dreamed to meet for the last thirteen years. The Champion's familiar could not hold a candle to being in the presence of the real thing.

It was Raikou.

Josh's heart thumped, the Gym Leader feeling like it was going to pound out of his chest at any moment. This was it. If destiny was real... this was the only chance he was going to get. He had to seize destiny's reins, for they would not magically attract themselves to his hands without effort. Fangs wide open, electricity danced from them as another maelstrom of lightning circled Josh, even endangering Elise. Once the lightning storm let up, he rode next to the Galarian. "You're right. I have fond memories of that place. Let's go for it. On my lead. One... two... three!"

With that, Josh spurred his Manectric mount toward Raikou at an angle that he hoped would encourage the Beast toward Fortree City.

n4uKZxUE

- An intense lightning storm must be incorporated into the thread in some way.

{WC: 388}
{PC: 5}

♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,359 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2023 14:23:38 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Elise followed her employer across the beach’s shore since Josh suggested they should ride a bit closer towards Route 119 as the Absol is reined to get across to the sands of the beach from the grass. On their way to the bay, an intense lightning storm calls down the lightning and thunder though the Lightningrod ability from the Manectric would be able to redirect the lightning, so she and Sayori wouldn’t get majorly hurt by the strikes. The storm itself would herald the arrival of Raikou soon since they were both luring it toward the shrine that the vision showed her.[break][break]

“I’ll follow you as best I can.” The Galarian royal nods along to Josh and spurs her own Absol mount to follow along with Saber’s speed with Quick Attack. The Absol kicks up sand on the bay’s shore as she would attempt to follow the Manectric since the dark type wanted to see Raikou a little up close. Saber’s Lightningrod would keep them away from being harmed by the lightning strikes in the area, which Sayori was grateful for since she didn’t want to worry much on her rider’s safety.[break][break]

dhAHLcn1

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,123 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2023 4:02:20 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

AU THREAD

MAUVILLE BAY

WHITE LIGHTNING DANCES AROUND and his MANECTRIC, its LIGHTNING ROD shielding and her ABSOL from harm. The electric wolf bravely gallops toward the RAIKOU. The Johtonian god of speed lifts its intense, red gaze from underneath its blue, bolt-like muzzle, a flash of lightning from the surrounding thunderstorm brilliantly reflecting from its metallic crown. Used to thunder and lightning as he may be, its brightness blinds the Gym Leader for a split second. That split second of lapsed courageousness is all the RAIKOU needs to break away from the faster of its two pursuers.[break][break]

THE ROYAL'S PRAYERS to the Great One are answered: whether by happenstance, by instinct, or by premonition, 's approach from the coast dissuades the RAIKOU from the wide open flats of Route 123. Without 's help, though, she is unable to end the chase just east of Mauville City. As fast as her ABSOL's QUICK ATTACK is, the RAIKOU seemingly flies ahead with a QUICK ATTACK of its own with speeds almost no ordinary Pokémon can hope to achieve. The crackling noise of split trees disturbs the air as the Johto legendary Pokémon bolts toward Route 119. [break][break]

EVEN THE RAIKOU'S SPEED IS LIMITED by the rainforest; the twisty road linking Mauville Bay with Fortree City did not play well to their divine quarry's primary strength. Speed was not the electric tiger's only strength, though; it was craftier than any common feline predator on the planet. Nearby trees whip past it in a dizzying blur, four loud popping noises accompanying gigantic sparks that explode out of its paws in a majestic leap over a wide and deep ravine. Before its pursuers can even reach the gorge, they see the RAIKOU clear it with plenty of runway to spare.[break][break]

's VISION CONFIRMED THE RAIKOU'S LIKELY DESTINATION: a shrine dedicated to Hoennians who worshipped the Beast. It was poetic that her friend's path to his position as Gym Leader, Elite Ranger, and now perhaps a meeting with the Pokémon he sought above all else, could take place there.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

BELOW are a list of prompts you must incorporate into this thread.[break][break]

• Leap across, descend and climb, or find some other way to handle the gorge the RAIKOU leaped across. Time is of the essence, though; slower methods may risk losing sight of the RAIKOU.
  • The RAIKOU will attempt to hinder your pursuit by striking trees with lightning, threatening to crush you or block you with them. This obstacle must be handled in some way.
  • A MEGA EVOLUTION or Z-MOVE must be utilized in an advantageous way.
  • 's past nightmares about an encounter with RAIKOU must be explored in some way.
  • 's experience as a Gym Trainer of Mauville City Gym must be pivotal in some way.
  • Ultimately, Josh and Elise will catch up to the RAIKOU at a small shrine west of Fortree City, and it will challenge them to combat to test their worthiness. They must decide whether or not to accept the RAIKOU's challenge. A rapidly-closing circle of lightning bolts will force the two to make a decision quickly.

[break]
Reasons for why Josh and Elise may want to accept the RAIKOU's challenge:

The RAIKOU may be seeking allies after the attempted invasion of Kanto. Given Ho-oh's alignment with the League, it is possible that the RAIKOU may be seeking an Avatar.[break][break]

may suspect the RAIKOU may be aware of his connection to and may be seeking an audience with Ho-oh.

Reasons for why Josh and Elise may want to decline the RAIKOU's challenge:

The RAIKOU is showing no signs of holding back in battle. and may be putting their lives, and the lives of their Pokémon, in peril.[break][break]

and may not wish to bear the burden of the companionship of a legendary Pokémon, given their past experiences with their wielders.

There is no right or wrong choice.

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break]

• You can only fulfill ONE PROMPT per post.
  • In your final posts, please ROLL.
  • Afterward, RAIKOURIDER will reveal the outcome of 's and 's choice.