6,123 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Knights of Thunder [AU][S][C/Elise]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 0:50:55 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Both Josh and Saber had bled profusely from absorbing the divine Z-Move too fast for even the Master of Faster to follow. The difference was Saber was in front of Josh, bravely ferrying him and protecting him to the very end. "Saber..." Josh sniffed.

He felt the static in the air from the Beast's presence, making his hair stand straight up. The one he had chased for well over a decade was living and breathing in front of him, the feline's dagger-like fangs longer than his hand. With regal calm, the Beast never ceased eye contact with him, as if staring into the Gym Leader's soul. "Saber...!" Josh continued to sniff.

As the Beast lowered his head toward him, beckoning Josh to touch its metal-hard faceplate, thoughts swirled through his head like a maelstrom of lightning and thunder. This was his chance to be friends with the one he had dreamed of since he was a child. Were their wills to align, he would get to saddle up the fastest land Pokémon in the world. Was it worth the price, though? The price of his best friend's life?

"SAAAAAAAAAAABERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!" he wailed, subconsciously slamming both his palms onto the Raikou's crown as his companion's blood stained his clothes.

AU: An alternate Hoenn timeline in while the Kanto Rocket Invasion was unsuccessful, meaning Kanto is intact.

{PC: 12}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS 
                                  ♥♥♥♥♥
Josh            Human             ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Saber           Manectric         Deceased
Blitz           Luxray**          Good
Braver          K!Arcanine        Good
Craggro         H!Arcanine        Good
Raiden          Zebstrika         Good
Raikiri         Zeraora           Good
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,123 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2024 2:12:11 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]KNIGHTS OF THUNDER

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

AU THREAD

ROUTE 119

THE GYM LEADER VENTS HIS FRUSTRATION, hurling the palms of his hands into the yellow Beast's crown. As glances toward the RAIKOU, the Johtonian deity adds to 's mental suffering with a cruel-looking surge of electricity that makes him visibly glow yellow and white. Yet he shows no sign of being harmed. Not even a flinch.[break][break]

THE AURA PERSISTS FOR A SHORT TIME EVEN AFTER FADING FROM THE RAIKOU, the bleeding MANECTRIC a sacrifice that the austere Beast accepts. The world shifts in slow motion, its surroundings crawling as a Ribombee would perceive them. Impressed by his strength, courage, purity of heart, and sheer force of will, it crouches on all fours, beckoning him to sit atop its thundercloud.[break][break]

And so he does. A shard of the Gym Leader's humanity electrolyzes as an everlasting pact is formed between Beast and rider, the void filled by the sacred tiger's acuity needed to take in his environs at the speed his newfound power blessed him with.

[attr="class","chosen"]YOU ARE WORTHY
[attr="class","chosen2"]
Raikou has chosen , the Cavalier, as their Avatar.[break][break]
Josh receives the following perks:
[break][break]
  • Josh can conjure a lightning-bolt sword in his hand. He can wield it to deal ELECTRIC-TYPE damage.
  • Josh cannot be dismounted from his Pokémon against his will. While mounted, he and his mount can gain INCREASED SPEED AND EVASION.
  • Josh's Pokémon are immune to TRAPPING moves, and their SPEED cannot be lowered, including by the PARALYSIS condition.
  • PRIORITY MOVES used by Josh's Pokémon have INCREASED STRENGTH and cannot be interrupted.
  • Josh can create a personal BULLET-TIME effect, perceiving his surroundings as though they were moving at a snail's pace. This gives him GREATLY HEIGHTENED REACTION TIME, but leaves him considerably drained afterwards, both physically and mentally. It can render him completely defenseless if engaged for too long.
  • Josh gains a WEAKNESS to GROUND-TYPE attacks.
  • RAIKOU is added to Josh's party.

EVENTUALLY, the remainder of the storm dissipates, the skies near Fortree sunny and blue. With its absence, the burden of responsibility grows for the Gym Leader. RANGER, GYM LEADER, and now CAVALIER: each title on the list bears a heavy weight. He need no longer bear that weight alone, just as the RAIKOU bears his.

RULES

YOU MAY CONTINUE POSTING IN THIS THREAD AT YOUR LEISURE. If you would like to end the thread here, you may request archival through Moderator Requests.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,359 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON May 8, 2024 7:22:44 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

The ambassador can’t imagine what it was like to lose her beloved Pokemon in a heart-wrenching death though the rain from the clouds poured onto her and her Absol. She watches the beast of thunder look at Josh and while he was wordless, the Raikou knew that he picked Josh to be his patron. Power is given by the Raikou when her boss receives the beast’s blessing. [break][break]

While she hasn’t been there to witness her elder cousin becoming his patron’s avatar, the sight of the Raikou bestowing powers onto Josh was a sight to behold. In an instant, the rain stops and the dark clouds part to let the sun shine onto her and the gym leader of Mauville City.[break][break]

“Congratulations, Josh.” She was not sure whether it’ll be a little bad timing, considering Saber just died to his wounds. “I know that Raikou has chosen you for a reason and you deserve everything that he gives you.”[break][break]

Avatarship was something that she wouldn't want to do anyway, not until she could prove herself a little more in becoming a bit stronger.

TAGS [break]
NOTES[break]
Prompt(s) done: N/A

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".elise"]--accent:#D0BDF0;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,123 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 8, 2024 21:24:46 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's emotions were a swirling thunderstorm; just sitting on the Raikou's back made his hair stand on end as he let the purple thundercloud form around him, almost like a harness. He grabbed its two outermost tufts and held them like one would reins. "Elise..." Josh trailed off, tears still cascading down his red face. "I would have ran away with you, had I known Raikou was going to take Saber's life," he lamented. "I... I let him control me. But nothing's bringing him back now. He'll... he'll live on inside Raikou."

What a whirlwind of events. The price of Avatarship was the life of his most trusted Pokémon. Had he been aware of that price when pledging his loyalty to Raikou, he may not have agreed to it. No -- he wouldn't have. This was what warned him about all this time, wasn't it? The price of being an Avatar was often steep. "I need time to process all of this before I speak to the Council about AQUA. I'm not even sure I want to join AQUA. I might remain independent. But for now, we should get back to Mauville City."

The young man scooted forward on the legendary feline's back. "Let's saddle up and get out of here."

AU: An alternate Hoenn timeline in while the Kanto Rocket Invasion was unsuccessful, meaning Kanto is intact.

{PC: 13}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS 
                                  ♥♥♥♥♥
Josh            Human             ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Saber           Manectric         Deceased
Blitz           Luxray**          Good
Braver          K!Arcanine        Good
Craggro         H!Arcanine        Good
Raiden          Zebstrika         Good
Raikiri         Zeraora           Good
Swift           Raikou            Good
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 9, 2024 19:43:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: