shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS: ULTRA PLANT

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

DESERT RUINS[break]→ ULTRA PLANT

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1055328024813371442/showdown.mp3[/player][break]
Power Showdown! | Pokemon Journeys (2019) VOL 2
[break]

THE ULTRA PLANT IS A DARK WORLD that is wracked by frequent thunderstorms. Lightning spears the desolate canyons and valleys of this world and massive cord-like structures bridge the gaps. Whenever lightning strikes, lights attached to these cords light up too. In the horizon, large Xurkitree can be seen, dwarfing the area you arrive in...[break][break]

Several abandoned power stations can be found throughout the area, but they seem to be deactivated...

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 21 discover and/or explore a subterranean level of the world through a power station or the natural landscape. this dangerous level is reminiscent of a vast board of circuitry.
  • 26 involve the use of old, broken down megalopolan technology that is reminiscent of a tesla coil or faraday cage.
  • 29 clear the xurkitree wiring in the crashed spacecraft, though the party will find they are active, dangerous and "alive". doing so will allow the party to explore the ship and the unfortunate fate of its crew.
  • 31 involve a segment where some or all of the party must swiftly or dexterously bypass an obstacle (animate or inanimate) that is electrified or unelectrified depending on the timing.
  • 🗺️ utilize a terastallization in an advantageous way.
  • 🗺️ THE BLACK AUGURITE can be used to cut through xurkitree cording or other difficult obstacles with ease and without putting your pokemon at risk.[break]
  • 🗺️ 's interest in calamities and what attracts them will allow him to perceive that this realm was not in this relatively dystopic state before. at least, not to this extent. he may discover signs of more organic material having existed before, or organic material that has been scorched by the ever present lightning storms.[break]
  • 🗺️ must explore her connection to her mother's legacy in some way.[break]
  • 🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT: will be able to encounter and catch a STAKATAKA or XURKITREE (one or the other); capturing these ultra beasts can influence the severity of the world's hostile environment by diminishing power, current connection, security, etc.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,428 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
ULTRA PLANT: SEJ
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 5:42:52 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Two trips into the Ultra Plant was enough for Josh to realize just how dangerous Ultra Space was. wasn't kidding. It was far more dangerous that he could have imagined. The lightning storms were a problem ordinary electric Pokémon could not solve. Those wire-like... creatures, could one even call them Pokémon? They were faster than many ordinary Pokémon. As much as he loved his Pyroar, he could not risk them again in a storm like this one. Thankfully, both and had experience riding at high speeds on Josh's Pokémon. They knew what they would be getting into when signing up to head into the desert rift with him.

Seated on his Dragonite's back, Josh was flanked by two more flying Pokémon: a Dragonair and a Togekiss, both geared up and ready to carry his partners into the sky. "Hi there, Elise and Sven," the Gym Leader greeted them, though they may not have been able to hear him due to a loud crash of lightning. "The last time I was here, I found a derelict spacecraft due east of here. It's clear that the spacecraft is worth further investigation. Unfortunately, we won't be able to get there through a direct approach. I've already done some scouting, and the... whatever those things are, can you even call them Pokémon?" He described the physical forms of Xurkitree and Stakataka. "As risky as it is, our best way to get to the spacecraft is to fly. Strap on and get ready to EXTREME SPEED, because we're gonna need it out there." That was easy for Josh to say, in a SYGNA SUIT that let him withstand high speeds more easily. "Don't worry! Resheph and Mastema here will make it as gentle as possible."

{WC: 228}
{PC: 1}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Saber          Manectric       Good
Tiamat         Dragonite       Good
Resheph        Dragonair       Good
Mastema        Togekiss        Good
Raikiri        Zeraora         Good
Braver         K!Arcanine      Good
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
this feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and i'm ready to fall into the sky
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 16:17:42 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
As he looked upon Resheph, Sven beamed and gave the Dragonair a gentle pat on the head. He hadn't seen the dragon in a while! Good to know it was still in decent health. While he'd gotten accustomed to pokemon mounts in his friendship with Josh, it was still heartracing to strap in and get a taste of the speed that the Master of Faster knew how to offer. Sven approached carefully and strapped himself in. Though it wasn't long until the blonde came to a pause. Shit, maybe he should have asked if their companion wanted Resheph first? He turned and gave an awkward smile to Elise. She was a familiar face, he'd seen her around Josh's gym before, but never got a chance to introduce himself.

"Hey, name's Sven!" he greeted. "If you wanna switch off at any point, let me know! Sorry to sort of take the first choice there."

Given the surroundings, it seemed like once they got to the spacecraft, it would be worthwhile to try and use it to craft something. Sven dug into the bag he brought along and flashed a grin. Little devices he'd managed to put together in some of his spare time. They came with an ear piece that the trio could wear so they could not only keep track of one another in case the need to split up came, but they could also communicate along distances.

"It might be worthwhile for us to keep in contact if we split! The handheld bits will help us keep track of one another. Josh'll be yellow. Elise? You'll be purple. And I'll be green."

Once the devices lit up, it showed a green radar that flashed their three positions. In the distance, there was a red dot. It didn't seem to move whatsoever. However Sven's eyes lit up in joy at the discovery. So it seemed there was some sort of power spot in the area! They'd have to discover it at some point.

"Don't mind the red dot. That just means there's a power spot nearby. I'd love to come back and investigate, but the ship takes priority right now!"

tl;dr
- introduces self and takes Resheph as his mount / offers to trade if Elise wants the Dragonair
- gives the team some radars and ear pieces so they can keep communication with one another
- mentions a nearby power spot but mentions the spacecraft takes priority

⚰︎ divider made by milky!
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,510 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 19:15:45 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

While her employer was seated on his Dragonite when they had gotten to the desert rift, there were two other flying type Pokemon who were more than happy to give her and the other young man a ride as the other member of their group introduced himself to her. “A pleasure to meet you, Sven. My name is Elise and since you’ve seen me around Josh’s gym, I am also Galar’s new royal ambassador since my elder cousin has stepped away from his position to be free to do his archaeological studies.” To the guy saying that he was sorry for taking one of the choices for Josh’s flying mounts to ride, she gave him a nod. “Don’t worry, I can take Mastema since you picked his Dragonair first.”[break][break]

She takes the little device with an earpiece given, so there would be some communication between the group to find where they were if they were split up. The red dot onto the device was obviously one of the power spots nearby. “Thank you, I think getting to the spacecraft will be much of a priority as long as we can come back to the power spot later.” The royal responds as she strokes the head of the male Togekiss.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,428 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 19, 2023 7:59:09 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Tracking devices were a wonderful idea, Josh thought, given the sheer speed the three would be traveling at. "A Power Spot? Haven't heard of them. I'll have to ask you about that later. For now, though, we should take off and make a beeline for that spacecraft before those strange... things... can you even call them Pokémon? Whatever they are, they're gonna chase us down and they're nasty." Even from their perch near the rift's exit and above the valley, he could see the Stakataka and Xurkitree gathering. The moment they went down there, the trio would be stalked.

"Hold on tight, everyone! Resheph, Mastema, Tiamat, EXTREME SPEED!" The Pokémon didn't use the ultimate speed move right away, doing their best to ease their guest riders into their already-swift normal flying speeds. As the Togekiss' speed leveled off, Josh gave the signal. From an external perspective, it appeared that the three Pokémon and riders had blinked out of existence. From the saddle, they experienced an almost fish-eye perspective, the riders' vision warping from the surreal speed that could have been unpleasant toward exposed skin. Power stations came and went, the hum of Tiamat's vibrating wings the only sound overpowering the roaring wind.

Josh sharply reined Tiamat back when the spacecraft came into sight, the three Pokémon exiting EXTREME SPEED and eventually touching down near the spacecraft's entrance. Once everyone was on their own two feet, Josh would withdraw his flying Pokémon, swapping to being astride his Manectric. The hum of a SYNC STONE activating broke the stormy ambience.

Treading close to the wiring, Josh held the BLACK AUGURITE in his hand much like a sword he had learned to use at 's school. With amateur but solid skill, he sliced away at the many Xurkitree cords blocking his path. Sparks still flew from the live stumps, but they were no longer a threat to the explorers as long as they were careful.

🗺️ THE BLACK AUGURITE can be used to cut through xurkitree cording or other difficult obstacles with ease and without putting your pokemon at risk.

29 clear the xurkitree wiring in the crashed spacecraft, though the party will find they are active, dangerous and "alive". doing so will allow the party to explore the ship and the unfortunate fate of its crew.

{WC: 327}
{PC: 2}

Saber          Manectric       Good
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 0:26:53 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
Before he could even speak up, the trio took off at a breakneck pace. Somehow this had been even faster than his ride with Alphamax. He was almost relieved that they had strapped themselves in, otherwise who knew where the unlucky souls would have found themselves? Sven couldn't help but lurch back due to the velocity of takeoff, but the way that the wind whipped through his open mouth which forced the corners of his mouth to flop around was proof enough that he was excited to move at such speeds.

"THIIIIS IIIIIIS AWESOOOOOME!" the blonde managed to sound out against the velocity.

When they finally came to a halt and faced their destination, Sven was quick to disengage from the cocoon. However he wasn't as quick to the spacecraft as Josh was, and the sound of wailing deep within the ship forced him to his knees as he covered his ears. They sounded like they were suffering, but more importantly, they sounded angry. After Sven managed to gain his bearings once more, he caught sight of roots in the ground, perhaps enough to show that this realm wasn't simply an electric-charged wasteland. This offered some sort of hint that this realm wasn't always this way. However... His attention soon turned to Josh as he stood up and dusted himself off.

"I... Don't think you should've done that, this is gonna be dangerous."

Nonetheless, they had to attempt to bypass the wires that writhed about. He didn't really have a ground type to neutralize the wires, they'd have to time this just right. Eyes watched as wires swung to and fro, and as he bounced in place, Sven mentally prepared himself to take the jump. One, two, and go! The blonde leaped straight into danger and twisted his body in response to slip through the wires. Now that he was in, he pulled a pokeball out and tossed out Zircon, the Cranidos he'd recently acquired. The rock-hard pokemon charged up an Ancient Power and shot it at the writhing limbs of the circuit-like pokemon that served as some sort of invasive species.

Soon enough, the tendrils began to retreat from the onslaught from the Cranidos. It freed up space for both Josh and Elise to make their way in.

"Well, with that out of the way, gotta admit I'm a little surprised to have a royal in our midst, but this ain't Galar so I hope you don't mind if I just treat you like a normal person!" he beamed. "So what I can gather from this place on a visual aspect, it hasn't always been this wasteland, something else was once here. But it bears the question -- were these species of beasts native? Or are they an infestation of sorts? That's the beauty of research cause I'm assuming we'll find out!"

tl;dr
🗺️ SVEN KOROLEV's interest in calamities and what attracts them will allow him to perceive that this realm was not in this relatively dystopic state before. at least, not to this extent. he may discover signs of more organic material having existed before, or organic material that has been scorched by the ever present lightning storms.

31 involve a segment where some or all of the party must swiftly or dexterously bypass an obstacle (animate or inanimate) that is electrified or unelectrified depending on the timing.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,510 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 7:23:06 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

With the two other young men riding on their mounts, Mastema the Togekiss flies up with Josh’s command as the royal holds onto the flying fairy type. The trio of flying type mounts would fly over to the entrance of the spacecraft where the woman could tell Mastema was being gentle than she thought a Togekiss using Extreme Speed would fly at a faster speed. When they landed near the entrance with the spacecraft towering over them, there would be a good time to have a little talk with Sven.[break][break]

“I don’t mind being treated like a regular person than being called by my royal title. It’s also why my boss told me not to call him by a stuffy title like Captain Morales and wanted me to go with Ollie.” She lets out a small laugh since Ollie called her by her family nickname with her response to Sven. Letting the guy talk to Josh and ask if those beasts were native to the land and whether it was an infestation, the woman did own one of those beasts where hers evolved in the Battle at Dewford Town between both league and Team Rocket.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,428 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 8:04:02 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
With the wiring mostly out of the way, Josh and his Manectric led the way to the ship's bridge and cockpit. The remains of its crew were scattered throughout the dilapidated vessel, the skeletons of its pilot and copilot almost completely intact. "Arceus, look at all these electrical burns..." Josh gasped. "I wonder what--"

Without warning, the sound of a cracking POWER WHIP boomed throughout the vessel, the thick cord of a Xurkitree smashing the cockpit's thick windows to bits. Shrapnel went flying everywhere, Saber whining as two thick pieces of glass embedded in the Manectric's sides. Blood ran down his sides. Faster than Josh could react, the Ultra Beast lifted Josh out of the saddle and started flinging him about. He wailed in pain when the feline-shaped Xurkitree's "paw" recoiled, violently whipping him through the air. Blood rushed to the top and bottom of his body. Though his SYGNA SUIT was designed for him to withstand even supersonic speeds for extended periods of time, it was not designed to withstand such violent motion. That was what his friend's suit was designed to do.

The whiplash was so powerful that its force caused the release button on Braver's Poké Ball to depress, the Arcanine emerging and immediately attempting to save Josh from the electric Ultra Beast's wrath. Flicking SCORCHING SANDS at the three other "paws", the Ground-type attack put the Xurkitree in enough pain to loosen its hold on Josh, Braver catching him as he fell. His consciousness fading, the Gym Leader hurled an Ultra Ball toward the alien. If the creature settled in, he would have a live specimen for the League to research... and perhaps find a way to bond with. With the Xurkitree's cords as thick as they were and the tendency of this one to take a feline shape, it could make for a sweet mount if he put the time and effort into it.

Once the battle was over, if Sven and Elise were to look beneath the visor of Josh's SYGNA SUIT, the two would see an unconscious, blood-red face beneath.

🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT: JOSH DEVLIN will be able to encounter and catch a STAKATAKA or XURKITREE (one or the other); capturing these ultra beasts can influence the severity of the world's hostile environment by diminishing power, current connection, security, etc.

Xurkitree catch!

{WC: 347}
{PC: 3}

♥♥♥♥♥
Josh           Human           ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Saber          Manectric       Fair
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 15:44:42 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
It was good to see that Elise seemed like one of those nobles who were down to earth. He'd seen some who were pretty stuffy and made their title act as their indicator. Though before the rest of them could properly react, one of the Xurkitree that seemed to bend and mold itself into a feline stance had grabbed hold of Josh. Eyes widened as he attempted to send Zircon to help combat, but thankfully Josh had somehow sent out his Arcanine to combat the creature. Once the creature managed to let go of Josh, Sven sprinted forward with his arms out in an attempt to catch the gym leader.

Of course he didn't have the overall strength to actually maintain a grip on Josh's unconscious form. So when Josh plumetted down, Sven's own body crumpled beneath.

"Ouch..."

Though as Sven managed to withstand the fall, it seemed Josh had no sense of consciousness in that moment. The blonde managed to pull his way out from beneath the sygna suit clad man and dusted himself off. His body naturally hurt from breaking Josh's fall, but he was quick to bounce back. Soon enough, he glanced over to Elise and then to Braver. If the two could get him onto there, at least they could move him about. He didn't want to bother touching the sygna suit too much in fear that he might do something wrong, as it was technology he hadn't been accustomed to.

"Hey you wanna help me get him onto Braver here? I'll grab him by the shoulders if you don't mind getting his legs."

Sven reached up and attempted to prop up the visor so Josh's face could get some air and hopefully help him wake up. After that, he carefully looped his arms under Josh's, squat down, and waited for Elise to help him lift.

"I think I'm gonna start using some of the inner parts of this ship to build a faraday cage. These things are out for blood and I don't think I want to be another casualty."

tl;dr
🗺️ SVEN KOROLEV's interest in calamities and what attracts them will allow him to perceive that this realm was not in this relatively dystopic state before. at least, not to this extent. he may discover signs of more organic material having existed before, or organic material that has been scorched by the ever present lightning storms.

31 involve a segment where some or all of the party must swiftly or dexterously bypass an obstacle (animate or inanimate) that is electrified or unelectrified depending on the timing.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,510 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON May 20, 2023 20:44:40 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Looking over to Josh as she sees him catch a strange looking beast after being thrashed around with its whip-like arms, Sven asked if she could help Josh get onto Braver with the blond young man taking his arms while the royal would be taking his legs. “I’ll help with his legs since it looked like he took some heavy blows.” She responds to the blond and takes the legs of the Mauville gym leader over to lift him on the back of his Kantonian Arcanine. Whatever that thing that Josh had been trying to subdue into its capture, they were absolutely not going to let up on their attacks.[break][break]

Avoiding the shrapnel that showered from the cockpit’s glass breaking, the royal hears Sven speak of using some of the inner parts to build a faraday cage to keep back some of the other beasts. “For my part, I'll send out one of my other Pokemon if they’re needed to fend them off.” From her belt, she presses the button to release Minverva, her Noivern who was her main flying mount as the bat dragon gave a small chitter.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,428 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 6:37:40 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
While flipping up Josh's visor was an important part of Sven waking him up, it did have an unintended side effect: it exposed him to Ultra Plant's toxic atmosphere. It was an atmosphere those without Sygna Suits had to keep in mind when exploring the rifts. He knew; getting funding for his own Sygna Suit was contingent on him documenting the rifts. He would have a lengthy report to submit to when he was done, after all. Even with just his trip to The Border and here, the report went on for pages and pages.

Eventually he came to with an Ultra Ball in his hand. It was the Ultra Ball he had used to make the Ultra Beast that attacked him his own. So much time had passed that Sven had to be done constructing his cage by now - a tool that would prove invaluable for where they were to go next. Staring at the Ultra Ball after he mustered the strength to sit upright on Braver's back, he breathed a deep sigh of relief. Even among the Ultra Beasts of this strange realm, he knew he had captured a powerful one. "Welcome to the team, Jiujiu."

With the direct path back to the rift's exit blockaded by yet more Xurkitree, not to mention a deadly lightning storm, they would have to take an alternate way back. While the electrical wasteland's subterrane would eventually lead them back to the upper level, the cavern would prove to be far from free of electrical hazards. The natural rock gave way to a completely foreign landscape akin to the inside of an enormous computer, circuit boards and all. The constant crackling of electricity forced the injured Josh awake. One thing was certain, though; he was passing out as soon as he returned to Hoenn.

21 discover and/or explore a subterranean level of the world through a power station or the natural landscape. this dangerous level is reminiscent of a vast board of circuitry.

{WC: 303}
{PC: 4}

♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 23:43:49 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
While he had his Fuecoco out to help bend and mold the framework to their faraday cage, it was rudimentary at best but would serve its purpose. With the final piece welded to the edge, Sven began to position the cage over where the rock had given out. If they could avoid the fallout from these wild creatures, then more power to them. It took him a bit, but he managed to fit the cage through. Not only would it protect them from the wrath of the wild Xurkitree, but it would act as cover for them as they dropped down in. Sven was eager to take the plummet first and soon offer a hand out to his fellow companions.

"Let's get going, ladies and gents!"

While they'd managed to avoid the Xurkitree that crowded the ship for the most part, a Stakataka managed to break through the floor above and push the team back into a corner. The obelisk-sized pokemon made a surprisingly quick advance towards the trio, which caused Sven to throw out one of his Sprigatito. Indica stood proud and ready to take on the behemoth of a creature. Unfortunately it was a bit in over its head, as the grass-type cat was sent flying back, to which Sven jumped in the path of the Sprigatito and caught it. The poor thing had been knocked out in one hit.

"Sheesh, these things aren't messing around. We're gonna have to get some bigger firepower in here, folks!"

It was a shame he didn't come as prepared as he wanted to be. Thankfully Josh and Elise were likely to have stronger pokemon in their ranks.

tl;dr

26 involve the use of old, broken down megalopolan technology that is reminiscent of a tesla coil or faraday cage.

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,510 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 22:37:31 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Seeing Josh come to after the the strange-looking wire Pokemon thrashed him around, he didn’t appear to be in a state to talk with her and Sven as the rest of the group were being followed by a Stakataka after they managed to avoid being entirely crowded by the other Xurkitree. Realizing that Minerva may not be able to fight this thing alone, the royal sends out her Mismagius as the witch ghost waits for an order. “Ready yourself, I’ll terastalize you in a bit.” She tells her Mismagius as the light of her Tera Orb transforms the ghost with a pink glow with the crown of the fairy type atop her hat.[break][break]

Seeing this, the Noivern flies off to attack the Stakataka with Dark Pulse, the rings of darkness launching from the maw of the flying bat dragon as the Fairy Tera typed Mismagius goes in to support her teammate with confusing the beast with Confuse Ray. The rainbow-hued ray of light made the beast confused as the two female Pokemon worked together with their own combined attacks of Shadow Ball and Mystical Fire to keep the beast at bay before it finally retreats off from having been outnumbered without any of its other buddies, particularly her Mismagius' Mystical Fire's flames dancing in the air reminded her of one of the ritualistic dances her mother did for Ho-Oh.[break][break]

“It’s a relief that it didn’t have any of its cohorts to back it up.” The woman sighs a little with Minerva joining her and her Mismagius returns back to her unaltered state before speaking to both Josh and Sven. "I don't think I talked a bit about how I got my partner. My mother gifted her to me when she was born as the daughter of her Mismagius, so she's always been with me. Right now, mother is training her protege at the Ecruteak dance theater, she's a very capable dancer when she was younger...as a former Kimono Girl."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Prompt(s) cleared:[break]
🗺️ utilize a terastallization in an advantageous way.[break]
🗺️ must explore her connection to her mother's legacy in some way.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,428 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 3:33:31 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was clear from Sven's Sprigatito's lack of experience that the researcher was in way over his head in the computer-like tunnel. Perhaps over lunch, they could talk about a training plan to get Sven's team in shape. While his Gym was unusable, Josh had Mauville's outskirts to play in. They were already his playground when he wanted to let loose with high speed. What was stopping them from doing some sparring together?

Elise's Mismagius, brilliantly gleaming a crystalline pink, worked together with Minerva to keep the Stakataka at bay. That was all they needed, as the tunnel eventually became narrow enough that the taller Pokémon couldn't fit through it. It was a bit of a tight fit for the Arcanine, too, Josh forced to bring his legs off Braver's sides and put himself in a crawling position on the fire-type.

For now, they were in the clear; a flashing light at the end of the tunnel led them back to where they came from. The rift's exit was just ahead, and the Gym Leader's SYGNA SUIT was again not properly repelling the toxic, ionized atmosphere. It was very fortunate that was a cost he could offload to League taxpayers, as his suspension left him with very little discretionary income.

d6ktY5F7

{WC: 211}
{PC: 5}

♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

howitzer

lev, svenergy
he/him
april 20
phenac city, orre
oblivious
dj / researcher
rising star
awards
183 posts
sven korolev DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sven
sven korolev
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 20:25:30 GMT
sven korolev Avatar
"Whoa!"

Sven hadn't gotten the chance to see teratalization in action, so when he saw Elise use her tera orb on her Mismagius, it came as a surprise. The creature seemed stronger, sturdier even. And it managed to take down the Stakataka with no problem. He kept a mental note to look into teratalization at a later date. What power could it bring? As Elise spoke about her mother, Sven was happy to listen to her further explain. So her Mismagius had been a gift from her mother's own Mismagius. He admired the sentimental value it held. And even more, it seemed that it was in capable hands.

"Ecruteak huh? Given you're a foreign ambassador, I imagine you need some backup, so if you ever need a travel buddy, lemme know, yeah?"

He flashed a grin in a way to insinuate that he'd love to take a visit and check out Ecruteak City. He'd heard all sorts of stories about it, but never had the pleasure of visiting. As the flash of light caught his attention, Sven turned to the pair. He figured it was time to get out of there before backup decided to rear its ugly head their way. Sven drew his exhausted Sprigatito back into its ball and rushed on ahead.

And good timing too. Their way out had started to crumble behind them given the Xurkitree that attempted to force their way through.

vHFYk6Py

tl;dr

26 involve the use of old, broken down megalopolan technology that is reminiscent of a tesla coil or faraday cage.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay