POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 3:06:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE GRISEOUS GULF

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

SCHEDULED END: NOVEMBER 30TH, 11:59PM PST
LIMITED TIME EVENT

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1169100930914988084/distort.mp3[/player]
[break]
THEME SONG: 🎼 Distortion World - Pokémon Platinum

MT. PYRE

IN NOVEMBER, rifts to the DISTORTION WORLD continue to open. Not all can be trespassed and those who have managed to cross the veil into that accursed place are eventually thrown from its nonsensical landscapes to solid Hoennian ground.[break][break]

Yet, there is a peculiar rift that can be uncovered in a discreet crevasse within the mountain, away from the masses of graves. One can not travel into this malevolent rupture, but one can bestow an OFFERING to one of the old ones.[break][break]

Curiously, there is a scattering of stones around the rift. Hints of DYNAMAX ENERGY can be sensed in this eerie expanse. Unbeknownst to everyone, the REGIROCK that had resided in 's DISTORTION WORLD has been reactivated. Using its innate DYNERGY, the titan makes its escape back home.[break][break]

⠠⠙⠠⠑⠠⠋⠠⠑⠠⠝⠠⠙ ⠠⠓⠠⠕⠠⠍⠠⠑ ⠠⠙⠠⠑⠠⠋⠠⠑⠠⠝⠠⠙ ⠠⠓⠠⠕⠠⠍⠠⠑

INSTRUCTIONS
DEADLINE

INSTRUCTIONS

THIS LIMITED TIME EVENT will allow ONE OF YOUR CHARACTERS' POKEMON to freely learn the move, SHADOW SNEAK regardless of whether they can or not. However, in order to learn the move, you must heed the following criteria:[break][break]

• Publish an IC post of your character presenting an OFFERING at the rift.
  • [break]
  • The IC post must be published at a PALINDROME TIME (e.g. 01:10, 12:21, 11:11, etc.). Otherwise, your character will not earn the reward. You may follow YOUR OWN TIMEZONE.
  • [break]
  • ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS can participate.
  • [break]
  • ONLY ONE POKEMON PER CHARACTER can learn the move, SHADOW SNEAK.
  • [break]
  • If you fail to post at the right time, you may try again.
  • [break]

If you wish, you may post in this thread without redeeming the move reward. You may also post in this thread once a day after winning the reward if you wish to post drabbles in this setting.[break][break]

THIS LIMITED TIME EVENT WILL END NOVEMBER 30TH, 11:59PM PST.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
THE GRISEOUS GULF
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 6:11:22 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I see. A spacetime transition event? No wonder was interested in this place." Howard frowned as he crossed his arms and stared down into the abyss. He felt something pulling, a residue of the world that was on the other side of the mirror.

He didn't know what had caused this, but he was sure that someone like Amor Rose or the other Head Scientists would know.

Mt. Pyre. A mountain where the souls of the deceased departed into the afterlife. In a sense, it was a portal to the afterlife for the deceased. Despite the mountain being a resting place for the deceased, Howard viewed it as an unyielding obelisk for time itself, a place that gave future archaeologists the best chance of understanding the modern times.

The mountain rumbled as distortions continued to open, and he stood before one, hat fluttering in the wind.

"There has to be something here..." Howard had, when he joined Team Rocket, mocked the concept of interdimensional gateways. The current world was enough for him to research, why go beyond space and time? Leave that for the boldest academics, which Howard did not count himself as.

Yet that too, had changed.

He had seen what else was out there. What was beyond the veil? Ages. Epochs. Infinity. "Dreams are infinite until you wake up." Howard's eye glared at the distortions before him. Howard turned. "Don't you agree?"

TIME: 11:11
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,580 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
THE GRISEOUS GULF
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 7:30:08 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Tempest crosses himself in an X pattern over his torso, muttering quiet prayers into the nothing. His face is painted with swirled lines, a small vial of hand harvested sea salt placed as an offering. To the dead, to whatever being looked down on them, for their own protection.[break][break]

He is not ignoring , only listening keenly as he finishs out his rite.[break][break]

With it done, Tempest steps back and shrugs.[break][break]

"The Border's entrance is around here. You might slip right in." But that wasn't really the thing they were here for today, though, was it?[break][break]

"Can't dream if you die." Temp paused, crunching his face up a bit.[break][break]

"Would you stay in a dream forever if you got the chance, Howard?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 teaching shadow sneak to hati the purified eevee! time: 03:30

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,866 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
THE GRISEOUS GULF
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 16:21:09 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Griseous Gulf

"We should quarantine this thing." He suggested into the comms as he crouched before the rift. "Don't need to know exactly what it is to know it's trouble."

Leaving it alone was just begging Team Rocket to do something with it.

"I don't guard stuff anymore, I'm a medic." He scoffed as he leaned in a little closer, trying to peer inside the rift. "I'm not above it, I've just got other stuff to do!"

A groan left his mouth, his eyes rolling as far back as they would go before he huffed.

"Know what, forget I said anything. See you later." He said with a huff, dropping the call before kicking a pebble into the rift in frustration. "'Not enough personnel'. He really said it just like that. Haaah..."

12:21 p.m. (gmt-4)

Teaching Namegon the Shadow Accelgor 'Shadow Sneak'.

proof 1proof 2

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
THE GRISEOUS GULF
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 16:22:36 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Something big must be happening in the Distortion World, because allegedly little tears to the most elusive of alternate dimensions were popping up across Hoenn. Oscar had developed a fascination for the land of Distortion ever since he got a taste of it in Sootopolis, so he has taken to checking in on these tear reports whenever they come in. He is always one step behind though, usually arriving at a location when the portal had already closed. Or perhaps it was never there at all and he has just been chasing wild geese.

This time was different though. He lucked out when he followed up on a sighting on Mt. Pyre. It took him a while to find it, but once he did there was no mistaking what it was. Sitting within the foggy slopes of the mountain was a small wavy circle emanating a familiar energy. Approaching it gave Oscar the same feeling he received when he was nearly imprisoned within the hostile world forever by . It was a rush of adrenaline, like staring down from an immeasurable height and suddenly getting the urge to jump.

Oscar popped a squat near the rift, staring intently as its undulating vibrations distorted the normal terrain it sat upon. He was admiring it, taking in the sight as if it were a rare piece of art in a museum. Unlike in a museum though, he knew that if he so wished he could reach out and touch it. Oh the temptation was great, but was it safe? Would touching it bring him into that backwards place where few could claim to tread?

Oscar smiled, pushing his hand against the rift without hesitation. Yet as his hand approached, he would feel a force push it away. The rejection was gentle, gentle enough for Oscar to place his hand against it as if it were a solid surface. The force made his hand vibrate, recreating a sensation similar to the opposite sides of two magnets rejecting each other. After a moment of contemplation, Oscar slowly pulled away.

This shall require further research.

---Not claiming the move yet, further research is required.
close tab

played by

Meggy

She/Her
November 13th
Lumioise City, Kalos
Heterosexual
News Reporter
Civilian
Single
14 height
14 height
awards
107 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sierra
Sierra Benoit
THE GRISEOUS GULF
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 19:20:05 GMT
Sierra Benoit Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sierra"]
[attr="class","body"]
The chilly wind whispered through the mountain crevasse, carrying an eerie symphony of otherworldly whispers. Sierra Benoit, clad in a thick jacket and a determined expression, stood at the mouth of the rift to the Distortion World. The air felt charged with an unnatural energy, sending shivers down her spine.[break][break]

Sierra adjusted her hat, a futile attempt to ward off the unsettling vibes that permeated the area. The mountain loomed above, a silent witness to the mysterious happenings that had gripped Hoenn in the clutches of distortion. Gripping a boomstick tightly in her hand, Sierra took a deep breath.[break][break]

"This is Sierra Benoit, reporting live from the Distortion World rift. As you can see, the veil between our world and this twisted dimension is thinning," she announced into the microphone, her voice steady despite the underlying tension.

Sierra glanced around, the gloomy atmosphere making her uneasy. With a cautious step, she approached the rift, the distorted reality on the other side seemingly reaching out for her. She hesitated for a moment, then made a bold decision.[break][break]

"I'm going to try something unprecedented. I have here a specially designed boomstick equipped with state-of-the-art recording equipment. I'll stick it into the rift and see if we can pick up any sounds from the other side," Sierra declared, her eyes focused on the ominous rift.[break][break]

With a swift motion, she extended the boomstick toward the rift, the air crackling with strange energy. As the boomstick crossed the threshold, a sudden force seized it, pulling it into the Distortion World with a voracious hunger.[break][break]

Sierra stared in disbelief as the boomstick vanished into the unknown. A moment of silence lingered, broken only by the haunting whispers that echoed from the rift. Then, Sierra's frustration surfaced.[break][break]

"Great, just great! That was my last boomstick! Do you know how expensive those are? And now it's gone, swallowed by whatever madness lurks in there," she grumbled, a mixture of irritation and resignation in her voice.[break][break]

Undeterred, Sierra turned back to the camera, maintaining her composure. "Well, folks, it seems the Distortion World has claimed another victim. I'll keep you updated on any developments. Sierra Benoit, signing off." As she concluded her report, she couldn't help but glance at the rift with a newfound wariness, wondering what other secrets it held within its enigmatic grasp.

[break][break][break]

TAGS – @charname [break]
NOTES [break][break]
02:20pm, storing the shadow sneak to be used on paradox redeem from RT
– In use –[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".sierra"]--accent:#e66b19;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sierra .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
THE GRISEOUS GULF
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 2:01:17 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
so this is where she ran to. 

freya stands at the edge of the world, staring into the veil, an ever-shifting prison harboring a coward. there is a hungry satisfaction there, laced with the remnants of a bitter resentment.

her own veiled lids had stared through thick fog, around others beckoned by a shared call. flimsy lies barely held together the tarp over their own self-interests. had any of them stood by 's side out of a sense of loyalty?

true loyalty?

in the end, even his right-hand woman had run away from him. from all of them

she offers the last vestiges of her spite and the snarling black dragon of her nightmares rears its head and sinks into the shadows.
THE GRISEOUS GULF
skaadi learns shadow sneak
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
THE GRISEOUS GULF
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 20:58:15 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"is it wrong of me to despise you?"

"..."

"he trusted you. maybe more than all of us. i could...taste it on him."

"..."

"i remember the way you looked at me. i was so far beneath you, beneath all of you, and you wanted me to know it."

"..."

"when did you start to question him? did you? or was your disappearance just happenstance? just your breaking point? was there ever a part of you, even then, that wondered if it was worth it? if he was worth it?"

"..."

"did you take from him?"

"..."

"did he take from you?"

"..."
THE GRISEOUS GULF
drabbles
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,344 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
THE GRISEOUS GULF
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 21:50:41 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mintemp elisa"]
[attr="class","top"]

She'd spoken to , once, about what it meant to be deserving of gods and monsters.[break][break]

How strange it was to stand here in this place dedicated to that woman's patron, now blessed-and-cursed by two patrons of her own.[break][break]

Elisabeth knelt on the ground beside her Ruinous Beast, its ochre eyes seeming to glow as its Avatar's offering was left to feed another god's hunger -- a flower that had become unrecognizable in the wake of her reverse-Midas's touch. The faint sense of jealousy-tinged resentment pulsed in the air before Wo-chien sensed the mood of its chosen vessel and adjusted itself, seeming pleased with what it had discovered.[break][break]

This wasn't a holy offering; if anything, it was a quiet acknowledgment from one demigoddess to another.[break][break]

"I think I have my answer for you," Elisabeth said to the crackling shadows. "I don't know that any of us are deserving or worthy of the fate we're given. There is only ever power, and those who can make use of it."[break][break]

Wisps of darkness danced around Wo-chien as she spoke, its silhouette fading into a penumbral mist that scattered and dispersed into nothingness.

[attr="class","ooc"] Griseous Gulf 05:50pm EST (Dark Pulse > Shadow Sneak for Wo-chien)[break][break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa"] --accent:#D14C4C!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mintemp"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mintemp blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mintemp blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mintemp blockquote b, .mintemp blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .mintemp blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .mintemp blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mintemp .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mintemp .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mintemp .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".mintemp .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mintemp .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mintemp .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .mintemp .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mintemp .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
what would you trade the pain for? i'm not sure.
awards
219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
THE GRISEOUS GULF
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 0:51:09 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mikanakayama"]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

THE GRISEOUS GULF

mika had heard the rumors, and she doesn't know if an offering will actually work or mean anything, but passing through mt. pyre, she thinks she could at least try. [break][break]

her lycanroc is a quiet, reverent being beside her. the two of them leave a small offering in the form of a bouquet, in the place where time and space warps and her feelings are muddied by darkness. will this work...? [break][break]

[attr="class","mikanakayamaooc"]

NOTES

time: 05:50 PM (PST timezone / GMT -8)[break]
eventually going to teach shadow sneak to komainu the shiny-dusk lycanroc! once i unlock his 7th move slot in a bitty... [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.mikanakayama]--accent:#596DB3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mikanakayama]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .post b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
There are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy
awards
527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
THE GRISEOUS GULF
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 3:32:07 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]
[attr="class","nenet1body"]

Had Nenet caught one of her coworkers doing this, she would have them fired on the spot. But she isn't them so here she stands before the gaping crevasse.
[break][break]
Rock entombs her all around, making her skin itch with sweat that she does her best to ignore. In her palm she clutches a miniscule chunk of the METENO meteor, and with careful fingers, picks it up and holds it out towards the rift.
[break][break]
An unexpected judder of energy shakes the meteor chunk, and it spills from Nenet's hands and onto the ground, where it rolls and then disappears into the vast gulf before her. She holds her breath, anticipation thick on the air, and misses the dark, shifting shadow of her accompanying Clefable move all on its own.

NOTES

- Time - 23:32 GMT -0400 Eastern Daylight Savings.[break]
- Clefable forgets Cosmic Power and learns Shadow Sneak.[break]

[attr="class","nenet1pkmn"]

[attr="class","nenet1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1"]--accent:#EDE574;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,720 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
THE GRISEOUS GULF
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 4:20:18 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Day after day, the reports of rifts to the distortion world appearing seem to be the newest buzz around town, but the one that has gained the most traction is that of the strange rift buried deep in Mt Pyre.[break][break]

Tugging at the strap of her backpack, Eris continues her climb up the mountain with only one goal in mind. Never mind the fact that she's never gotten the chance to see them, or ask them just what their preferences are. In her hands is a box filled with an assortment of homemade cookies, placed right before the rift as curiosity beckons her to wait and see.[break][break]

It seems so ominous, as if something malicious might be brewing within. But she will not shy away from the unknown, if only out of a desire to understand the pokemon that lurks within.[break][break]

"I hope you'll enjoy the cookies. If you don't though, I'll make sure to bring something else next time!"[break][break]

[break]
02:20 PM AEST[break]
Wooper (Socks) learns Shadow Sneak!
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"]griseous gulf

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
THE GRISEOUS GULF
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 5:01:34 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Dreams don't cost money." Howard scratched his chin thoughtfully, imagining the perfect world where he didn't have to pay rent. Then, he shuddered. His dreams had been murky recently, and nightmares plagued him because of the incident with that man.

This place reminded Howard of that man. Unnerving. Unnatural. He hadn't fought in the Distortion World. He did not know of Katherine's accomplishments, but did that even truly matter? Out with the old. In with the new. She was a relic. One whose memory would be preserved, but whose purpose had been handed down to a new generation.

An offering? Guh. Didn't he have a nice piece of artisan's granite?

"A dream is something that becomes oh so fragile once it becomes reality. I'd rather mine be an impossibility, that way it can't be taken away." Howard smiled as he flipped through a book with a Relicanth on the cover. The book was on marine anthropology that Temp had got him as a gift. "This is a splendid gift, by the way. Thank you."

10:01

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,580 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
THE GRISEOUS GULF
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 5:10:50 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I guess I always preferred more concrete things. You get complacent if you think you can't change your life." To Temp, a dream was useless if it couldn't be reality someday. If he couldn't even take some steps towards grasping it in his hands.[break][break]

Maybe he would fail. Maybe it wouldn't turn out like he expected. But he could always at least have the closure of trying.[break][break]

But, Temp wasn't good at that existential stuff either. Grasp in his hands, and all that. A glance over at his face crinkling into a toothy grin.[break][break]

"I'd hoped you might like it. Hoenn's Ocean Ecology is my specialty."

[attr="class","tag"]@ tag

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
THE GRISEOUS GULF
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 5:09:49 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

SUPINE

the stage is mostly barren. the backdrop is painted ruddy browns and tans, giving the appearance of a mountainside. any path along its ridges is indistinguishable from the rest, lacking notable footprints.

a black, whirling vortex rests center stage. there are oddities set before the vortex - waxen candles, half-melted and wicks curling smoke, a children's teddy bear, a bottle of homemade brandy, letters tucked inside weathered journals, and the like.

a woman enters from stage right. she has silver hair, spun like starlight, and amidst the low lights, she looks almost ethereal. but her features are gaunt and strained. exhaustion rests heavily on her shoulders. as she nears the vortex, her spine straightens.

FREYA sometimes i think about throwing myself in there with you.

a light emanates, and will continue to emanate, within the vortex as THE VOICE speaks.

THE VOICE is that so?

FREYA yes. and would you spit me back out if i did?

there is a pregnant pause.

THE VOICE you would want me to spit you back out.

at this FREYA seems affronted. she crosses in front of the knickknacks and sits down with a huff, facing the audience.

FREYA does everyone know me better than i know myself?

THE VOICE you know the answer to that.

FREYA does not speak. she folds her arms over her drawn knees and stares listlessly at the floor. the voice does not interrupt. off-stage, there is the sound of murmurs.

FREYA are there others with you?

THE VOICE you're not at the liberty to know.

FREYA could i find out for myself if i found a way in?

THE VOICE i would spit you back out.

she turns, looking triumphant.

FREYA aha! so you do wish i would leave you alone. 

THE VOICE i wish you would all leave me alone. 

the voice sounds very tired. FREYA's triumph bleeds from her face. she rests back on her palms, stretching out her legs. she is dressed in a silver gown, with barren legs and bare feet. her toes point straight out.

she continues her stretch as the silence lingers. first, she slides onto her forearms, then her upper arms, held aloft by her shoulders, blades of her back only just gracing the floor.

THE VOICE do you think i will be forgotten?

FREYA's form wavers. she sucks in a breath and her lungs expand. her toes dip. she cranes her neck back and closes her eyes.

FREYA would it be so terrible, being forgotten?

THE VOICE perhaps not.

slowly, gently, her shoulder blades touch the floor. then the rest of her spine. her hands stretch, palms splaying. the vortex spins. the light dulls.

FREYA i won't forget you. 

the light wavers. silence stretches. FREYA's eyes open and her head turns away from the audience, towards the vortex. she reaches out a hand.

THE VOICE you can't remember me. not as you are now. and you won't find your answers here. they're out there, in the waking world.

the curtain falls.
THE GRISEOUS GULF
drabbles