Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
LANTERNE OF LIGHT
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 22:11:13 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

[break]
communion with a malevolent spirit
[break]

The three birds fled in three cardinal directions: ARTICUNO to the north, ZAPDOS to the east, and MOLTRES to the west. [break][break]

There was little time to react. [break][break]

After all, ROCKET had been chasing after these particular Pokémon for months, with almost nothing to show for their efforts save for the inception of 's PROJECT INFINITY. Even now, the birds only congregated because of the serendipitous manifestation of CALYREX and its colossal tree at the center of Sootopolis City.[break][break]

Lured here to the DYNA TREE to partake in its forbidden fruits, the birds did not linger once CALYREX waved them off. After shaking Mint from his petrification, wasted no time in resuming his months-long chase. Within moments he was astride his CHARIZARD, flying headlong toward the waning sun. [break][break]

[attr="class","gscnote"] ADMIN BEE: [break][break]

I'm following Moltres. Keep me updated on your status.[break][break]

... Good luck, Neon.

[newclass=.gscnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px; margin-top:20px; min-height: 100px;[/newclass]

[break][break]

and would have to face their respective gauntlets alone.[break][break]

Though MOLTRES appeared as an amorphous, black figure on the horizon, the monitoring device created by PROJECT INFINITY's scientists allowed Barnaby to track the beast to an uninhabited island in the waters surrounding Sootopolis. When he finally touched down, dusk had faded into an inky darkness. [break][break]

Tension and uncertainty hung thick in the air as Barnaby followed after signs of telltale magenta light. He pushed through a maze of scraggly trees and underbrush until the vegetation eventually parted to reveal an ominous glade.[break][break]

At its center was MOLTRES, its enormous, avian frame perched atop a massive boulder jutting from the earth. Watching. Waiting. [break][break]

For the third time, the bird's malevolent stare pieced through , its wicked aura threatening to send the admin to his knees — a small taste of its power and what was to come.[break][break]

MOLTRES was done running away.

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]

[attr="class","barnaby-pkmn"]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 440px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
LANTERNE OF LIGHT
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 3:54:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]LANTERNE OF LIGHT

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

SPECIAL EVENT THREAD

ROUTE 126

[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/LEGENDARY%20BIRD%20BATTLE.mp3[/player][break]
Battle! Galarian Legendary Birds - Pokémon Sword & Shield

SET IMMEDIATELY AFTER[break]"TALES BENEATH THE DYNA TREE"

THE GALARIAN MOLTRES LOOKS LIKE IT IS SMILING. Perhaps it is pleased by 's relentless pursuit. Pleased that a man like him was willing to give chase despite the dangers hiding beneath its darksome plume. Surrounded by dusk, the Admin endures the oppressive aura that emanates from the malevolent creature.[break][break]

Nearby, wild Pokemon flee by sea and air. The lights of CHINCHOU fade by distance—and fatigue.[break][break]

may wonder if this GALARIAN MOLTRES bears any connection to Hoenn's MOLTRES, its past ability to ULTRA BURST, or the GALAR REGION far away. However, this creature appears to be separate. Unique. The Malevolent Pokemon has manifested in part, due to 's own desires—and the chain reaction of creation instigated by THE VIOLET BOOK. Dynergy, power spots, The Dyna Tree, and Team Rocket's Calyrex...[break][break]

It spreads its sinister aura once more and takes with it into Tartarus.

GUIDELINES

LIST OF GUIDELINES

BELOW are a list of guidelines. The narrative's concept has been established between Dove and prior to this thread's creation.[break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 🔥 barnaby will enter an underworld-like realm to be tested by the galarian moltres.
  • 🔥 should barnaby survive the trials and tribulations and avoid becoming a shadow of himself, he will be able to capture the galarian moltres and be bestowed its power.
  • 🔥 the galarian moltres is not a benevolent creature, but will ally itself with those it deems worthy or conducive to its own desires.
  • 🔥 in this realm, unlucky spirits galarian moltres has consumed can be found, referenced, and incorporated.

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • After completing your thread, please let know.
  • Feel free to ask any questions.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
LANTERNE OF LIGHT
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 2:43:03 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]
[break]

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1205934982258753546/1205936193259184149/howls_moving_castle_theme_dark_version.mp3?ex=66118d99&is=65ff1899&hm=ee75664927cabbb8f9bcb7c63392b788720cef77dafc8de8631af2a1ac76d4ff&[/player]
Merry-Go-Round of Life (Dark Version) — Howl's Moving Castle

[break]

Along with MOLTRES' sinister aura, shadows beneath the giant bird extended past the limits of its body and toward the object of its curiosity. Magenta flames quickly blotted out Barnaby's vision, searing it red, but it was an abysmal darkness that eventually took him in.[break][break]

Everything went black. The sounds of wind and surf faded into muted nothingness.[break][break]

When he regained his composure moments later, the ROCKET admin soon realized that he'd been dragged into some liminal space by MOLTRES' dark powers.[break][break]

"What is this place...?" Barnaby muttered under his breath, taking in his hellish surroundings. [break][break]

[break]

It was a dilapidated waste. There was no life here, only remnants of what was. Strangely, the crumbling ruins included what looked like an elevated railway, not dissimilar to what one might find in MOTOSTOKE, GALAR. A fuchsia miasma lingered on every surface, curling around every stone column or lifeless snag. It was a suffocating and draining — yet unavoidable — thing to breath in. [break][break]

Even more concerning was the way the darkness crept in from the edges of Barnaby's peripheral vision, only to withdraw with the turn of his head.[break][break]

The shadows, too, moved in unnerving, unnatural ways. Where everything else appeared decayed and stagnant, these were the only things to approximate life.[break][break]

Dread seeped into 's bones. It clutched his heart in a vice grip, filled his chest to bursting. It was all he could do to ground himself and focus on the logical, here in this illogical plane.[break][break]

If it wanted to kill me... it would have done so by now.
[break]

Above, MOLTRES loomed upon its perch — now distorted into a barren husk of a DYNA TREE — at the center of its umbral realm. With a curious craning of its massive head, the shadows in front of Barnaby suddenly began to shift and bubble over. Inky wisps intertwined together until... a vestige of a person emerged from the gloom.[break][break]

A person knew well. [break][break]

Could MOLTRES probe his consciousness here, in this shadowed place? How else could it have known to conjure someone so embroiled in Barnaby's psyche?[break][break]

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 440px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LANTERNE OF LIGHT
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 4:36:31 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal shadowelisa"]
[attr="class","top"]

So many shadows, all existing amongst one another. So many faces, shrouded in unknowable mystery.[break][break]

Barnaby Finch. Admin Bee. Barnaby L'oiseau.[break][break]

A shadow could not exist without something to defy the light; a mask could not exist without a face to shroud.[break][break]

All personas had a point of genesis. This shadow desired to unmask his.[break][break]

Like smoke, this 'other' Elisabeth drifted across the wide expanse towards him -- as silent as any shadow, when light first beckoned it back into the world. The peculiar being defied the ways of both humanity and darkness, forever shifting and moving in ways neither ought to move in the presence of light or gravity.[break][break]

Yet this hazy shadow was, without a doubt, .[break][break]

He simply knew her, the way that anyone knew how to recognize the face of someone who loved them.[break][break]

Wild curls of raven hair danced in a windless storm; vestiges of night-black matter clung to her bare form like a mockery of clothing, hiding everything and nothing about her all at once. Strangely, the empty light of her eyes shone as twin flames, glowing a fierce magenta that burned like undying cinders.[break][break]

The tangible sense of perpetual melancholy haunted her every movement like a ghost, palpable with the ache of unrequited yearning.[break][break]

"What a fragile vessel this one is," the shadow spoke then, and when this Elisabeth grinned, her teeth flashed like the glint of a crescent moon. "So devoted. So turbulent."[break][break]

She raised a hand, examining each inky strand that served as her fingers, before curling them into her palm. A familiar mocking laugh sang out from her lungs, but an ugly cruelty rang behind it. Its persistent echo rendered her an uncanny and imperfect likeness of the woman she embodied.[break][break]

He'd never known such contempt from her.[break][break]

"What is this pathetic creature to you, I wonder?" the shadow taunted as she lingered closer, drawing a fingertip across his cheek. "You risked so much for her, and for nothing."[break][break]

He'd feel her seize his chin then, forcing his cobalt blue eyes to meet hers. How pitiless those magenta lights seemed now, this close and this terrible to behold.[break][break]

"Will you let her drag you into the pit of her own despair? Will you pursue that Beast the next time it seeks to claim her?"[break][break]

The temptress dipped her head low, whispering into his ear a veiled threat with all the tenderness of a lover's confession:[break][break]

"Answer wisely, for the light reveals all lies, and nothing here can hide in shadow."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".shadowelisa"] --accent:#C44FA1!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#C44FA1; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
LANTERNE OF LIGHT
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 20:38:59 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]
[break]

MOLTRES watched from above in a theater of its own making, perched in the gods to take in the show that unfolded below.[break][break]

Its predatory gaze was locked on , the hunger in its eyes unmistakable. It was a ravenous creature, never sated, always on the hunt for more.[break][break]

Was that why it'd been roaming around Hoenn for months on end? Had it found what it was looking for?[break][break]

Or was it still seeking it here — in him?[break][break]

Barnaby wondered at MOLTRES' intentions for conjuring this shadow of . The shade attacked with neither fists nor force, but with scathing words, meant to test his resolve in this hellish plane. [break][break]

When a cold finger slid across his cheek, Barnaby's body stiffened and his own eyes leveled on the two sparks of magenta flames that composed this Elisa's face.[break][break]

What is this pathetic creature to you, I wonder?
[break]

"A tool to be used." [break][break]

There was no hesitance in his response. He had a feeling that lying here would serve no purpose, anyway.[break][break]

"As everyone is." She grabbed his chin, muttered thinly-veiled threats in that sultry voice he knew so well, yet yanked himself out of her grip before continuing his reply.[break][break]

"To further my ambitions. To consolidate power. To solidify my control." [break][break]

From on high, a low, approving hiss rang out through the darkness.[break][break]

Suddenly, the miasma to Barnaby's right twisted and began forming into discernable shapes. A RING, a DAGGER, a COLLAR. Melded by shadow and offered to him by MOLTRES itself. [break][break]

Props to continue the show. He perused them briefly, weighing 's words in his mind, before plucking the RING from where it floated in the gloom.[break][break]

"Elisabeth will not be allowed to fall into despair, let alone take me with her. She's yoked by the trust she has in me. She and the gods who claim her are bound to me."[break][break]

Reaching out to touch the approximation of flesh that was the shade's hand, Barnaby slid the shadowed band onto her left ring finger.[break][break]

"Her love is her greatest vulnerability. With it, I can do with her whatever I please."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,350 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LANTERNE OF LIGHT
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 21:38:52 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal shadowelisa"]
[attr="class","top"]

Despite the seemingly intangible nature of the shade before him, the wrist he gripped was as solid as flesh in his hand. The woman tied to it writhed and squirmed, all of her blurring and shifting like wind-blown flames as he recited his damnation of her aloud.[break][break]

Everything in this Elisabeth resisted him without words.[break][break]

The malevolent spirit that had animated her before vanished, replaced by wide-eyed confusion and panic as her magenta eyes met his with unmistakable terror. A familiar emerald was visible in their depths, flickering with the slow-dawning realization of betrayal.[break][break]

This Elisabeth began to shake and tremble as the truth unveiled before her, weeping invisible tears as she jerked away from him in futile attempts to escape, until her misery burned away to rage.[break][break]

The shriek that ripped through her throat pierced through this hellish plane like the throes of the dying.[break][break]

Enraged, she threw her fist against him in violent protest of the ring being shackled upon her captured hand. When her free hand struck him at last, however, there was no impact from her blows.[break][break]

Her fist phased through as if she was nothing more powerful than a shivering ray of stray moonlight.[break][break]

The ring slid onto her finger without protest.[break][break]

Penumbral chains wrapped around her all at once, extending from that origin point to slither across her arms, her torso, her legs, and finally suffocating her throat. The darkness of them began to glow with hateful fire.[break][break]

Stop, she begged him mutely, but she had no voice any longer. The scream had stolen her last breath from her.[break][break]

The theater of shadows gathered eagerly for its finale, waiting with bated breath.[break][break]

He ignored her pleas.[break][break]

She immolated before him in an anguished inferno of magenta-and-black flames. She'd never been so beautiful.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".shadowelisa"] --accent:#C44FA1!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#C44FA1; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
LANTERNE OF LIGHT
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 1:56:35 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]
[break]

Though she was but a mere imitation of the real thing, relished the way burned before him.[break][break]

Firelight danced in his eyes, their cobalt blue depths overtaken by the blazing of magenta flames. Her screams of defeat and betrayal echoed through the dark expanse of MOLTRES' realm, sounding much like a dulcet aria to his ears. It was a beautiful thing.[break][break]

To see her succumb to his selfish desires.[break][break]

It had been almost cathartic, to speak his truth aloud. Too often Barnaby's schemes were relegated to the shadows, where he and he alone could puppeteer his plans into being. [break][break]

But here, MOLTRES made a gluttonous audience. It deigned to see the depths of this mortal's depravity.[break][break]

Behind , another shadow emerged from the dark recesses of this liminal space.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
LANTERNE OF LIGHT
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 19:30:56 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caleb-shadow"]
[attr="class","body"]

[break]
"Perhaps this is happiness."[break][break]
Strong arms wrapped around from behind, shadows coalescing into the shape of a man - tall and athletic and familiar. There was a routine poetry to this embrace, a storied history of tangled bodies perfectly suited, lips that smiled wryly against Barnaby's neck, every breath a whispered promise of undying devotion. Rich, honeyed affection permeated every syllable spoken, the sincerity so palpable it could be savored, decadent in its sweetness.[break][break]
Chest to back, flesh to flesh, the shade of pressed himself close and his desire was an endless well, one that Barnaby was free to drink from for all eternity - should he choose to. And why wouldn't he? Here, now, in this sinister purgatory, the bond between them was so very, deeply, undeniably real.[break][break]
"You loved him then and you love him now. You lie to him but you cannot lie to me."[break][break]
Kisses trailed their way to the sensitive spot just below Barnaby's ear. One hand moved - not to seize, but to caress - thumb dragging along the curve of Barnaby's jaw, the other slipping gracefully beneath the waistband of the Admin's pants - just enough to tease.[break][break]
"For twenty years you lived a different life. You were his paramour, and in the absence of a greater purpose, you found one with him - because of him."[break][break]
This echo of Caleb, the unlikely king that had folded so neatly before his courier's whims, radiated with all the passion of a raging fire - but not just any fire. The sort of fire that tempted rebirth, its love language a phoenix, stubborn in its insistence on continuing to rise again and again and again.[break][break]
"But worry not," the voice grew soothing, placating, dripping with an exaggerated endearment. "For it is not so insurmountable a thing - to have loved. It is not a weakness in and of itself. What matters now, is what you will choose to do in spite of it."[break][break]
The hand that nestled against Barnaby's jaw moved down to his neck once more, only this time, it gripped the Admin in a sudden chokehold. Tight enough to elicit memories of shared arousal, but not tight enough to prevent him from speaking. Fingertips danced along the line between seduction and violence, a razor-thin edge Barnaby himself was well-acquainted with.[break][break]
"So tell me: will you let the love you hold for this man chain you to mediocrity? Hold you back from true glory? The past cannot be undone, but your future can still be written. What story will you tell?"

TAGS[break]
NOTES[break]
"These violent delights have violent ends[break]
and in their triumph die, like fire and powder,[break]
which as they kiss consume."[break]
- William Shakespeare

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".caleb-shadow"]--accent:#2d9eaa;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb-shadow b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb-shadow i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb-shadow u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb-shadow a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb-shadow h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb-shadow h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb-shadow .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb-shadow .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
LANTERNE OF LIGHT
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 5:10:19 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]
[break]

Of all the men MOLTRES could have summoned from his subconscious, was unsurprised to see make an appearance here, juxtaposed so fittingly against . The ranger tested his resolve in the outside world on a near daily basis — so why not in this shadowed realm as well?[break][break]

Umbral hands clutched at the most sensitive parts of his body, possessive, seductive. Barnaby could feel his energy being siphoned from within him wherever shadow touched flesh; weariness and fatigue threatened to buckle his knees, to have him succumb to this dark shade of .[break][break]

His words were cloyingly persuasive, evocative of a bygone time. They wished to touch upon a feeling long forgotten — long suppressed. But from somewhere deep in the recesses of 's memory, pieces of a ruined GALAR began materializing to the forefront of his mind.[break][break]

He'd festered there in that poisoned place for twenty years. Let the filth drag him down to the basest level. And, as this Caleb so rightly, insufferably claimed, allowed a noxious emotion to sneak its way into his heart. [break][break]

Remembering it now was a revolting reminiscence. [break][break]

After all, love made one vulnerable.[break][break]

Love was a liability. A crutch for the weak.[break][break]

But most of all, love was a means to an end.[break][break]

It was not something Universe 820's would ever allow someone to hold over him.[break][break]

"Whatever I felt for that man should have died in Galar. Dredging up a nightmare serves no purpose now."[break][break]

His voice was low and venomous, and as he spoke the shadows flamed around them, as if reacting to his disgust and animosity. In fact, every defiant word that left Barnaby's lips returned a modicum of strength to his body, until he was eventually able to break free of the shade's grasp.[break][break]

"He can languish with that love for all eternity. He means nothing to me."[break][break]

And here, in MOLTRES' theater, no truer words had been spoken.[break][break]

"His feelings? I'd rather burn them away. Cut them out of me and be done with it."[break][break]

The shadow of balked at the assertion. Magenta flames flickered inside of its open mouth, as if it was preparing some sort of rebuttal, but the words died in its throat.[break][break]

At the crescendo of their argument, MOLTRES' spectral DAGGER found itself plunged in the space where the shade's heart would have been. It was a familiar sight, as if prophesized by FATHER WINTER's recent visit.[break][break]

"...I refuse to be controlled by something as insignificant as love."

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
LANTERNE OF LIGHT
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 20:05:21 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","caleb-shadow"]
[attr="class","body"]

[break]
Shadows danced, darkness pulsed, and magenta flames surged in triumph.[break][break]
Tendrils of gloom reached for the Rocket Admin, the last lament of a lover's touch, but as the dagger embedded itself into the shade of , there was a distinct severing - as if Atropos herself had snipped a thread of fate right before 's cruel sapphire eyes.[break][break]
Caleb's form seemed to sharpen, then. Blood - a watercolor blotch of stark crimson - blossomed across his chest, and he coughed once, body shuddering violently.[break][break]
In the moment right before his demise, the eyes that found Barnaby's were so realistically his: for in the absence of anger and denial, there was only a sorrowful acceptance. Here was the self-loathing that had always ruled the real Caleb's heart, that had made room for Barnaby precisely because it believed that all love would - should - come hand-in-hand with pain.[break][break]
Love will break me every time, the shade seemed to whisper as its form began to sink back into the shadows, as if drowning in a sea black with ink. It melted away, leaving alone with the knowledge that he had passed his second trial - for good or for ill.[break][break]
had once been named a king, but he had no power here.[break][break]
Glory be to the eternally damned: long may they reign - unyielding, transcendent, and freed from the shackles of love's embrace.

TAGS[break]
NOTES[break]
"These violent delights have violent ends[break]
and in their triumph die, like fire and powder,[break]
which as they kiss consume."[break]
- William Shakespeare

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".caleb-shadow"]--accent:#2d9eaa;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb-shadow b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb-shadow i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb-shadow u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb-shadow a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb-shadow h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb-shadow h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb-shadow .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".caleb-shadow .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
LANTERNE OF LIGHT
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 2:48:36 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]
[break]

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1205934982258753546/1217996378693697566/High_Quality_Shadow_of_the_Colossus_OST_19_-_Creeping_Shadow.mp3?ex=66060e85&is=65f39985&hm=ebd5169171f87532eb133b39d07cd99a69c14f127a8d67ff766c0ebc578106a5&[/player]
Creeping Shadow — Shadow of the Colossus OST

[break]

The imitation of sunk into the gloom, killed and discarded for a love that could never truly be reciprocated.[break][break]

Once it's body had succumbed to the darkness, all that was left of the creature was the stark redness of it's blood splattered on 's hand. But it did not simply stain his flesh; instead, every drop suddenly morphed into inky tendrils of shadow that burrowed and phased into him.[break][break]

It felt as if his arm had ignited. Groaning in pain, Barnaby clutched his wrist in the other hand and grit his teeth against the escalating agony. He could almost feel the tendrils moving beneath the skin, wriggling higher and higher until...[break][break]

They reached his chest. All at once, the pain subsided.[break][break]

From above, a crooning call rang out, snapping his attention back up to MOLTRES.[break][break]

When their eyes met, swathes of magenta flames bloomed all around , ringing him in a hellish light.[break][break]

From the fire came the next shade to challenge him.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,697 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
LANTERNE OF LIGHT
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 3:39:59 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","penny-wrap"]
[attr="class","penny-main"]
[attr="class","penny-words"]

[break]
The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.
[break]
Out from the fire and brimstone, a silhouette of ravishing smoke approaches.
[break][break]
She is different than the ghosts before her. No smoke tethers her bones, no shadows sew her flesh. She is wildfire; a torrent of flames basking in the pride that comes with self-assured certainty. She is a manifestation of forgone memories, of precarious futures, all with amber eyes burning with silent mockery.
[break][break]

Like a grandfather clock, a ribbon of scarlet swings with every step toward him, obnoxiously ticking down the time spent enclosing their spirits.
[break][break]

"You speak so highly of yourself," the flame hisses, a smile creeping along her face, "as though you are worth the praise."
[break][break]

Without warning, the silhouette melts into a puddle of smoldering smoke and races through his legs, taking shape just behind his right shoulder, vanishing and reappearing in a single breath.
[break][break]

Low and menacing, she whispers into the shell of his ear, "Even with the same beginnings, you continue to dance like jester for a world who couldn't care less about you, all while she rises to the top, claiming more power than you could ever imagine."
[break][break]

Again, the flame vanishes, kicking to the left side of his shoulder blade, reappearing with one arm hanging over him in languid ridicule. She spreads open her fingers, palm facing the skies, and materializes a small modal of a woman born from ruinous contempt and pathetic groveling. A singular ring of gold entraps the woman's neck.
[break][break]

"For what? An organization that overlooks you? Underboss, two gods - how many times will you go unnoticed, playing in the shadows, while even your own tools rise to their potential."
[break][break]

The ring snaps, falling off from the woman's neck, and she stares out at him, wielding the same disparaging look the flame carries. No love carves her eyes, nor weakness to be exploited - there is only hollow disappointment. Potent as any poison.
[break][break]

This image hovers for a second longer before dissipating into a pile of ash, moving with the silhouette that now slides around his left side, with firelight echoing off from her path.
[break][break]

Velvet flames stroke his chest as her arm extends outward, cradling his cheek gingerly.
[break][break]

"You were discovered before," she coos at him, "and you'll be discovered again. So I ask you," her fingers crawl downward, fire biting at his skin as it makes its descent, finding purchase around his neck. Immediate pressure envelopes his neck, guttering with the growing reality raging all-around. One without promise of victory, or rebirth. A reality written with a pre-established end.
[break][break]

"What will you do then?"

[attr="class","penny-notes"]

[newclass=.penny-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 440px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.penny-wrap b] color: #a83333; [/newclass]
[newclass=.penny-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.penny-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.penny-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.penny-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.penny-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.penny-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #a83333; [/newclass]
[newclass=.penny-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #a83333; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
LANTERNE OF LIGHT
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 4:19:58 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]
[break]

The fires that composed this manifestation of made for a fitting puppet, personified as she was into the flames that her sentient counterpart had chosen to drown herself within. She talked of lost power, of tools growing beyond their scope, of all the ways he could fall in the face of those that considered themselves better.[break][break]

She represented everything abhorred.[break][break]

Outside this shadowed place, the councilwoman was a driving force within the LEAGUE that needed to be subdued if ROCKET was to claim Hoenn as its own, as they'd done to Kanto. Her influence — and by extension the LEAGUE's — had grown over the years, in no small part due to CHI-YU's attachment to her.[break][break]

How to tip the scales, then, in ROCKET's favor - in his favor?[break][break]

Though a fiery hand clutched his neck, Barnaby reached for the COLLAR suspended beside him: the last of the three shadowed tools provided by MOLTRES.[break][break]

Her grip tightened as he did so, fingers curling maliciously around his throat, threatening a bleak demise here in this purgatorial plane. [break][break]

Persistent even as his chest burned and begged for reprieve, Barnaby unlatched the COLLAR — but just as he was about to bind the shade and all she represented to his will, a moment of hesitation made him pause. After all, the flagrant flame before him was simply an instrument controlled by a larger puppeteer.[break][break]

The magenta inferno that ensnared them burned brighter all around, casting the MOLTRES above in an eerie light. [break][break]

For a moment, he considered the tool in his hands. [break][break]

had been born into a cage. Shackled from birth by the binding chains of TEAM ROCKET and contingent familial obligation. There was neither choice nor free will where his upbringing was concerned. His entire life had been dedicated to working within the confines of an organization that demanded obedience, to pivot and ploy and pander just to survive and garner the small influence he did have.[break][break]

He had never been allowed to choose his own master. Never had enough power or autonomy to do the sorts of things he truly wanted to do.[break][break]

His gaze broke from the COLLAR to look up toward the withered DYNA TREE looming above. From there, the weight of MOLTRES' ravenous stare pressed down upon him. Inherently, Barnaby knew his next decision would decide his fate.[break][break]

When he finally replied, it was not to the shade of . Now, he spoke only to MOLTRES.[break][break]

"We can give one another what we most desire."[break][break]

He raised the COLLAR to his throat—[break][break]

"Together."[break][break]

—and bound himself to the shadows.[break][break]

Immediately, he felt himself suffocating against the bite of hot metal pressed against his trachea. It was an escalating constriction, tighter and tighter and tighter, until it caused his surroundings to blur at the edges of his vision and his body to weaken. He could practically feel his lifeforce fading away.[break][break]

Just as he had in the Cave of Origin — where he and MOLTRES had first locked eyes — fell to one knee in the presence of the LEGENDARY BIRD.[break][break]

Suddenly, an otherworldly roar pierced through the umbral realm.[break][break]

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1205934982258753546/1222009258741338132/gmoltres_roars.mp3?ex=6614a7cf&is=660232cf&hm=f9d932f7c0172b3eecda84d62b7f0f2357d464756290e3f4d20ecc91bbdd4f55&[/player][break]

With a great movement of its shadowed wings, the malevolent spirit swooped down from on high. Within seconds it landed with a fiery flare of magenta flames, its massive talons slamming into the shade of , causing it to dissipate in a plume of fire and ash.[break][break]

Staring down its hooked beak, MOLTRES regarded with a pleased eye.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,781 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
LANTERNE OF LIGHT
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 1:34:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]LANTERNE OF LIGHT

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

SPECIAL EVENT THREAD

TARTARUS

[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/LEGENDARY%20BIRD%20BATTLE.mp3[/player][break]
Battle! Galarian Legendary Birds - Pokémon Sword & Shield

AND THE PLEASED EYE BEHOLDS ITS NEW INCARNATION. As every shade is dispelled, the sanguinary underworld hearkens to their fateful communion. The hooked beak opens. A stentorian cry demands attention—and announces the coming of infernal power.[break][break]

An aura of magenta-black emanates from its body. At first, it tugs at 's spirit. Threatens to tear soul from flesh and bone. However, the chthonic current shifts directions. Twisted energies surge through the Rocket Admin's body as the two become wicked one.

[attr="class","chosen"]YOU ARE WORTHY
[attr="class","chosen2"]
galarian moltres has chosen , the infernal, as their avatar.
[break][break]

Barnaby receives the following perks:

• Barnaby can create, shape, and manipulate darkness. He can create areas of total darkness, create short-lived constructs out of darkness, and has increased mobility within this created dark.[break][break]

Barnaby can cause the darkness he wields or summons to "burn" flamelessly. Targets in contact with the dark can be damaged over time.[break][break]

This ability is different than Rocket Boss 's. 's AVATAR STUDIES will reveal that the Boss' abilities are based around nightmares and shadows, which revolve around nightmarish hallucinations and sources of light.
  • [break][break]

• Barnaby can manipulate the infinity energy (or energy in general) from both people and Pokemon. This requires physical contact; longer contact causes escalating levels of fatigue.
  • [break][break]

• Barnaby can conjure a hypnotic flame in the palm of his hand to influence people and Pokemon. Those that are influenced can not completely remember his voice/face. (REQ: RPER PERMISSION)
  • [break][break]

• Barnaby can change superficial aspects of his appearance (e.g. “shadows playing tricks on you,” Zorua’s illusion ability).
  • [break][break]

• Barnaby can unleash a powerful burst of shadow-infused flames ONCE PER THREAD, creating a persisting area of effect that damages enemies and hinders movement by inflicting deep fatigue.
  • [break][break]

• You may add GALARIAN MOLTRES to your personal computer and choose its moves like a gachapon pokemon.

EVENTUALLY, the underworld dissipates around them. For a moment, may feel as if the GALARIAN MOLTRES would be fade too. How it wears the darkness, the stygian and sanguine so well. Yet, the Malevolent remains in reverence for the man—and so it shall until the end of days.

GUIDELINES

RULES

YOU MAY CONTINUE POSTING IN THIS THREAD AT YOUR LEISURE. If you would like to end the thread here, you may request archival through Moderator Requests.[break][break]

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
LANTERNE OF LIGHT
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 21:57:52 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]
[break]

MOLTRES’ blessing sealed their infernal pact.[break][break]

And what a dark coalescence it was. As shadows flared and magenta-black flames blazed all around them, reveled in the feeling of raw energy coursing through and infiltrating every cell in his body. Pain subsided into ecstasy. It was almost overpowering in its intensity, uniquely foreign in the way it completely and absolutely changed him.[break][break]

With this union, the COLLAR around his neck was no longer suffocating; instead, it dissipated into inky wisps as MOLTRES’ shadowed realm began to fade into reality. [break][break]

Soon enough, the two were returned to the craggy island where Barnaby’s gauntlet had begun. Empowered now rather than subdued by his patron’s presence, he pushed off of his bended knee and regained a confident footing before the LEGENDARY BIRD.[break][break]

MOLTRES craned its massive head down toward , deigning to stoop to his eye level as they faced one another on new, mutually beneficial terms. He held his hands up for the mighty creature to rest its beak between his palms; juices from its earlier DYNA FRUIT meal stained the crimson surface a murky purple. [break][break]

Their eyes met, his flashing an electric blue. [break][break]

There was something primal and predatory and voracious in MOLTRES’ stare, now reflected in Barnaby’s own.[break][break]

Because with this inhuman power came a price: a constant undercurrent of insatiable hunger. For power, for control, for everything he'd expressed within the confines of that shadowed place.[break][break]

It would all be his.[break][break]

It had to be. [break][break]

The devil demanded it.