Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,401 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
BATTLE OF PETALBURG: MAIN EVENT
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2024 15:59:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Underboss Fiorelli and Admin Fox gave in to their shared mania, decimating each other under to pursue their selfish agendas. Eventually, one had to give, and the junior usurped his senior in grisly, devastating fashion. Perhaps Rocket would hear his judgment and agree. Perhaps they would see a legend and an Underboss missing and hang him from the gallows.[break][break]

In either case, what they had done lay illuminated in the light of the golden aurora.[break][break]

Finished as 's business may have been, Isaac's was still not. He pushed off of 's shoulder, narrowly avoiding a headbutt right to the nose. As he drifted back, he turned Tangaroa's trick against him, popping up a little to try and knee him right in said nose. "Trust me. We wouldn't be fighting if I did," he said, as much a barb as it was an acknowledgment of the other man's power.[break][break]

Whether he'd hit or miss, Tangaroa's hands groped for his shoulders. Isaac would be seized, his attempt at a fading strike leaving him at the mercy of his foe's superior wingspan. That wasn't the only pull he felt on him. Regirock's burning light had also settled back on him, Isaac practically feeling invisible crosshairs surrounding him. "Psh. You're looking at the least special man in Hoenn," he admitted, even as he looked past Tangaroa and towards the master of the Regi duo.[break][break]

"Though it seems like your boss disagrees."[break][break]

He wouldn't try to escape Tangaroa's grapple. Not yet. He'd throw up a hand to block the palm swing to the ear because he wasn't suicidal, even as Tangaroa's might drove his own wrist into the side of his head. But he wouldn't escape. Not while Regirock stayed locked on. Not while a golden opportunity presented itself. Not while the unspoken promise of mano e mano combat threatened to be broken.[break][break]

When Regirok fired, Isaac would apply every lesson of leverage taught him, trying to sweep Tangaroa into its path at the last minute.[break][break]

Yet there were two Regis. Isaac couldn't cover himself from both. More importantly, he couldn't cover the city of Petalburg from both. How much more time could he buy this thrice-damned city? It would take a miracle, but Isaac was never one for relying on those. He was more the ace in the hole type, and he still had one more of those smuggled away.[break][break]

Knuckles' final teleport would be spent not in helping with 's evacuation plan. The Mega Lucario had been using her borrowed power to alternate between saving the townsfolk and checking on her trainer from afar. He'd had it all under control, for a given definition of under control, up until this point. But now was when she'd truly need to intervene.[break][break]

She'd wait until the Regice was just about to fire. Then she would teleport right in front of its face, matching its technique with an Aura Sphere born of her love, her rage, and all of her sorrow. Its reprisal would surely devastate her, even as she pushed against it with a blast of her own. But if it could buy this city, buy her trainer, just one more moment . . .[break][break]

They each sat, tensed and ready, prepared to enact their final gambits.[break][break]

Like trainer, like Pokemon.[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
The golden light of Isaac's aurora ensures Howard and Lis' struggle plays out in full, highlighted view.[break]
Isaac narrowly avoids a headbutt, countering with a knee to the face. Sticking around for the counter leaves him grappled as Tangaroa planned, and even his attempt at blocking drives his own wrist hard into the side of his head. They're going blow for blow now.[break]
As Howard seeks to intervene, Isaac returns to Plan A: shift Tangaroa into the path of Regirock's attack.[break]
NOTE: The aim is still on Isaac, not Tangaroa. If Tanga breaks the grapple, whips Isaac back into the path of the attack, or isn't shifted in the first place, he's all good and Isaac's toast. So up to you how this plays out![break]
Knuckles the Lucario, after having helped El with the evacuation plan, returns to interrupt Regice for a beam struggle. As her last seen attack is no longer Bibidi's Teleport, she can't warp her way out of this one.[break]
Both Isaac and his most trusted Pokemon prepare these insanely risky gambits just to buy Petalburg one more moment.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG — @ [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Rustboro Captain
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,869 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2024 16:54:27 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ecalcifet"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","mmilkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","avatarimg"]
While riding on Meatloaf, she could hear the fighting down there. There were shadows of people, but the Galarian royal can’t make out the voices. All of them were a cacophony of violence and with the footsteps in the city, she knows that they’re fighting a losing battle to protect Petalburg. ’s words ring into her mind even when the Sheriff of Dewford Town and member of Hoenn’s Elite Four was fighting another war in another place.[break][break]

The Sheriff had always told her that she wasn’t meant for fighting. That she was a woman whose heart was gentle as her personality. That she wasn’t meant to be in a war zone filled with people fighting for the city, fighting their lives in Petalburg. Her role to fill was to be the medic, someone who tends to the injured.[break][break]

was the fighter, he was born to be on the front lines. A Galarian crown prince that would fight for his ideals along with his patron, Zekrom. He is everything that she wanted to be, or at least she wanted to be when she tried to follow in his steps.[break][break]

But she’s finished with running and chasing after his shadow, a man who wouldn't take the mantle of king because his mother told him to and had abandoned the people he was meant to rule over. The League’s Calyrex would tell her to think for herself than to think on the words of others. She wanted to follow her own decisions, her desires, and protect everyone that she’d cared for, even her own people. [break][break]

The Galarian countrymen that she meant to fight for, to protect, and to care for as their leader figure, a princess who was not next in line for the Galarian throne.[break][break]

Someone who would fight for her own people even when she's far away from the country that she cared about.[break][break]

“I wonder if the rest of our girlygang friends are okay.” She says to Andrea while she worries for the rest of the other girls. They were so wrapped up in war that she’d go to hell and back to fight for them too. “I am so worried for them.”[break][break]

To her beloved knight who was so weakened from the poison, the princess talks to him. “I know you’ve protected me before, but it is my turn to protect and tend to you. You are the only person that matters most to me.”[break][break]

Charles’ Aromatherapy keeps enveloping the poisoned red-headed knight as the sweeter fragrance attempts to push off the poison from overtaking his body.

[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

♔ Elise talks with her girlygang friend, Andrea, and Cadeyrn.[break]
♔ Charles the Calyrex shard keeps using Aromatherapy on Cadeyrn.

[attr="class","bottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnlist"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

[newclass=".ecalcifet"] --accent:#D0BDF0; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ecalcifet"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background-color:#1a1a1a; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; position:relative; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden;} .ecalcifet .textbox i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .ecalcifet .textbox a { font:500 13px/10px 'Poppins'} .ecalcifet .textbox b { font:bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); font-weight:600; } .ecalcifet .textbox u { text-decoration: underline solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1.2px; text-underline-offset:1.5px; font:13px/10px 'Roboto';} .ecalcifet .line { height: 5px; background: #333; width: 300px; margin: 20px auto 0px; opacity:0.8; } .ecalcifet .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding:40px 60px; padding-bottom:40px; } .ecalcifet .bottom { height:45px; background-color:#922761; border-top:1px solid #333; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-size:cover; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; } .ecalcifet .pkmnlist { text-align:right; margin-top:-20px; } .ecalcifet .pkmnlist img { filter:none; } .ecalcifet .pkmnlist img:hover {filter:none;} .ecalcifet .tagline { margin-top:-25px; margin-left:20px; } .ecalcifet .tagline i { color:var(--accent); font-size:12px; font-family:Poppins; background:#222; padding:2px 20px; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #333; z-index:99; position:relative;} .ecalcifet .tagline a { color:var(--accent)!important; font-family:Poppins!important; } .ecalcifet .oocbox { border-top:3px solid #333; padding-top:10px; width:260px; margin:20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=".mmilkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:60px; right:10px; opacity:0.5; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .mmilkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#6b6b6b!important; } .mmilkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ecalcifet .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; float:left; margin:0px 20px 10px 0px[/newclass]

[newclass=".ecalcifet .tag"] text-align:center; } .ecalcifet .tag a { font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins';!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ecalcifet .top"] height: 50px; background-image: url(https://file.garden/ZY7WxFwX3wOZkLYA/blueflowers2.png); background-size:cover; background-position:top center; opacity: 0.8; position:relative; filter:brightness(1.0); [/newclass]

[googlefont="Playfair+Display"]
close tab

played by

solo

Violence/Violent
April ???
???
Combatsexual
Punching
???
6'5 height
6'5 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
78 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gaius
gaius marcellus
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2024 17:49:51 GMT
gaius marcellus Avatar

It boiled within him like steam trapped in a pot, and the release was almost there before the man said something curious to him.

His words stopped Gaius, and the smile on the bloodied mans face widened.

A proper fight.

One on one.

Glorious combat.

"Then I will seek you out. I expect you to be stronger then. Do not disappoint me." He said to the man, and that was enough to sate his thirst for now.

Gaius had found new opponents to devour this day. , , and . They all proved to be powerful enough to warrant his attention properly.

Ripping the blade out of his side, he left it on the ground covered in his blood. His faithful Hound approaching him, and extending a paw to his body, and using Heal Pulse to staunch the bleeding, and mostly seal the wounds shut. It made them livable until they healed on their own.

Returning the Lucario to it's ball he released his second Hound. An enormous Arcanine that he got on the back of.

"I will find you three again...." And his crimson gaze would turn to Monroe. "And you Apex of this Battlefield....I will devour you one day...." With those words his Arcanine would race through the chaos.

That man had promised to become strong if he helped him that one time, and it would seem that he held up his end of the bargain by taming that beast. Gaius cared not for the woman who challenged an Apex, and was slaughtered. That was the way of life, that was the rule of nature.

She was weak, and thus she perished.

Gaius would have to become stronger than her so that when he challenged the Titan Tamer, he would not wind up the same.

TLDR
Gaius has found worthy adversaries!
Gaius yaps a little to .
Lucario uses Heal Pulse on Gaius to heal him a little!
Gaius gets on his Arcanine, and GTFO after promising to "devour" Monroe one day whatever that means.
Gaius sees get squished to paste, and just shrugs. She shoulda learned to parry!
Thanks for all the interactions , , and ! The chaos was awesome!
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,073 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2024 18:15:40 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Isaac Merlo put up far more of a fight than Elisabeth Fiorelli.

Good.

That was his purpose. Better that he fought for Petalburg rather than the League. If he had done that in Dewford, the city would still be standing and Howard would be dead. Isaac's resolve had wavered then, and it was up to the admin to capitalize on that now. At least, until the fight was over and this could all return to normal.

Right. When it was normal, this would all return to normal.

"Where was this before, when it mattered? You could have ended this months ago! You're fighting me now, when the city is ours? Go! Get out!" Regirock fired a blast, its Lock On firing towards as it flew towards the Alolan, resulting in a nearby explosion. "JUST LET ME WIN!"

Regice, meanwhile, was knocked back slightly by the Aura Sphere, the frozen golem's attack detonating in its face. The titan stilled for several moments, unblinking, as Petalburg citizens and members of the Pokémon League fled the battlefield.

Stalling brought life. If Elisabeth had simply delayed, she would still be kicking. But she was a traitor to Team Rocket. She had attacked him first. She threatened to bring Ruination into this world. Such an apocalypse could not come to pass.

It would interfere with his and 's dream.

"Isaac."

His voice was soft.

"Isaac."

Slowly, Regice leaned forward, its face cracked heavily as it grabbed at the Lucario and began to squeeze on Isaac's Pokémon. Its pattern flashed red as the pressure increased, a Superpower squeezing every ounce of life from the Liberator's stalwart ally. Howard frowned.

"If you persist, you and Suicune will follow the fate of your siblings." A heavy sigh followed as Regirock continued its march. "Do you really want to meet Kyle and Raikou so badly?"

and were both tied to an era that would never come again, back when myth fought against the invasion of their home from another region. Johto's story had ended. Kanto's had ended, and yet this incessant epilogue from Monroe persisted.

"You have people to protect. People that she..." Howard gestured towards the distant tomb of Elisabeth. "...did not. You're going to do this?"

Dynergy flared.

"You're going to lay down your life to prevent me from achieving my dream?"

Regirock misses Isaac, is aiming for (fate is up to Monk)
Regice facetanks the attack like a pro, pauses, allowing people to escape
Eventually repairs itself to grab Lucario and squeeze it with Superpower
Howard loves to yap

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2024 18:49:35 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

"FUCK YOUR DREAM.”
[break][break]
It was a heavy right, Kouji threw everything he had behind it; his broken arm swinging pointlessly beside him, his body spun enough that he almost fell onto his arse, all aimed at a singular person.
[break][break]

[break][break]
It was always the whims and wants of other people, their dreams, their wishes, their feelings…It was always about somebody else, he wouldn’t have been standing here if it wasn’t for the man standing there. All of this wouldn’t have happened. He sucked in a deep breath, filling his lungs with the air it so desperately needed, his mind clearing just a little bit from the red he had seen for a moment.
[break][break]
Wasn’t he the same?
[break][break]
When had he started putting his own feelings in front of that of Rocket, his dreams? His hopes? It might’ve begun at Dewford, and it might’ve been set in stone within that Galarian Haze. He only realized this in Ever Grande, why had he struggled so much with something so simple; he glanced down at the Pokeball by his side, Urshifu standing beside him.
[break][break]
”With all due politeness Admin Fox, fuck your dream.”
[break][break]
In all truth, it was time for Kouji to let go of his own dream, a world made for him wasn’t possible. He exhaled slowly. There wouldn’t be room for it, there wasn’t room for him in it anymore.
[break][break]
”Fuck your feelings.”
[break][break]
He didn’t need them anymore, Kouji spoke to himself as he talked to Howard, the anger that had distorted his features cooled, an unreadable expression were the ashes leftover from the inferno of his rage. The pressure on the ball in his hand increased, and small cracks appeared on the sphere in his hand, holding his closest friend.
[break][break]
”Do you believe the crap spilling outta your mouth right now?” He hadn’t heard everything, seen everything, but he had seen enough. The Giants, Regirock, and Regice; whatever they were, might have been behind it. Or perhaps it was the battlefield itself, he couldn’t tell.
[break][break]
But did Kouji believe what he himself was saying?
[break][break]
”Are you happy with this bullcrap?”
[break][break]
Happiness had been a chance meeting in a forest. Shooting the shit while on watch. Getting chased by a horde of Garchomp and surviving. Exchanging fists and dreams. Watching an idol show in a break room. Picking strawberries. Reuniting with a childhood friend. Exchanging a promise upon a boat. Catching his first Pokemon.
[break][break]
But he had a role to play, weakness couldn’t be tolerated anymore, he had been weak for too long; fretting over what he should have been. Should instead of doing, that had been his problem. He didn’t have time for that now, not when everything they’ve worked for could collapse, he had a job to do. He was rocket.
[break][break]
Did he even have to power to do what he was about to?
[break][break]
”Admin Fox, you’re under arrest for the murder of a Superior. I ain’t no cop, so you don’t have the right to remain silent. I can’t promise crap if you resist.”
[break][break]
He crushed the pokeball in his hand, wishing goodbye a goodbye to many things, Absol foremost amongst them. He put aside his fears of the future, put to bed his grudges against the world, and the envy he felt towards those who could live a normal life.
[break][break]
Only Rocket mattered, it was all that mattered
[break][break]
He had finally become the perfect little soldier his father had long wished for. An almost unfeeling machine, a monster in human skin; all the things Shuuji Matsubara had pushed him to be since birth, and Kouji Matsubara hated himself for it.
[break][break]
Kanto had well and truly arrived.

[attr="class","fakebqooc"]
@tag
[break]

NOTES

Kouji goes to punch Howard, questions Howard while questioning himself. [break]
He counts through all of his experiences since joining rocket, reaches a conclusion of his own, and realizes of far he'd drifted from what he was supposed to do. Arrives at a different conclusion. Hates himself for it. [break]
Urshifu is just standing there menacingly.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

Mega

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
9,098 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2024 19:52:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

BATTLE OF PETALBURG

FLASH RAID

THE ICE HOLDS ONLY FOR A MOMENT. even the inorganic cannot resist the powers of death. a brittle rain of broken ice pelts him down below, but how can he feel it when his lungs are constantly burning from the poison in his veins? their mild stab is nothing to the constant wear and tear of petalburg’s SANDSTORM.

the call for another attack comes right after but they are interrupted by the converging rockets. many start to come out of the woodwork, literally, as they’re thrust into a losing battle. one he no longer cares for now that the outcome is obvious. they cannot hold this town, much less this position.

now is a time to retreat. and so he falls back, oblivious to skirmish that breaks out shortly after. after all, a rocket victory should mean her safe return.

right?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]
h4RNjyZ5

- flees once more rockets start to show up
close tab

played by

MonkGarbage

He/Him
Feb 24
Seafoam Village
Pansexual
Team Rocket Member
Grunt
6'6" height
6'6" height
awards
79 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tangaroa
Tangaroa Emzar
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 2:04:22 GMT
Tangaroa Emzar Avatar
Banished From Alola
Tangaroa continued with his attempt, grinning as he had almost bit down on his tongue as Isaac had countered with a knee. Good, the kid was scrappy. Hunu could appreciate another individual who would grit their teeth, and swing back on him just as much as he would. “That’s a first, everybody in this region has some God Decided role. Where’s the pride in being just YOU?!” Hunu barked out loudly, he felt the eyes of the Titans on both him and the Leaguer. He grumbled, he didn’t want Howard interfering, if he couldn’t swing back earlier why come fight when they’re distracted! Although lacking emotion, the Mercenary felt a wash of ignorance flood his body. Almost ignoring the danger as he lacked the self preservation due to his lack of fear.

He grappled with Isaac, swinging his arm into his as he grinned. With imminent danger continuing to loom over the battle, the Trainer for the first time grinned at the Leaguer. “We’ll fight next time.” He boasted, as the Avatar had attempted to sweep the Alolan. He quickly attempted to perform a heavy front kick to Isaac’s chest, to throw him out of the direction of the attack. Within a hair’s length, the attack would have missed and it was as if Hunu had pushed the Avatar out of the way. Violently, the explosion missed its original target and found itself in close proximity of the Alolan. He lacked that self preservation, and stared at it.. Lack of Fear was a hell of a thing.

Like a rag doll, the Alolan was thrown around into the dirt like a small ball of fire. Spinning around violently before his momentum was stopped by a boulder, almost imprinting his body and cracking the stone from impact. Hunu laid slumped on the boulder, red trickled from his head and body. Was he unconscious, or dead?

OOC
tag

TLDR;
Hunu took the knee
Hunu hit Isaac and attempted to kick him out of the way of the blast
Hunu was hit by explosion and sent flying
Hunu is unconscious and bleeding
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,401 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 2:33:25 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]When booted Isaac square in the chest, he figured the mercenary had the same idea he did. He could already feel Knuckles' aura spiking as Regice withheld its beam, instead opting to squeeze the life out of her. As Regirock roared to life, Isaac knew he was left. He squeezed his eyes shut and threw up his guard, prepared to meet a good death.[break][break]

But nothing came.[break][break]

The battlefield for some was a place of nightmares, yet for others was a place of brotherhood. Tangaroa rewarded Isaac for putting up such a fight by knocking him out of harm's way, taking the brunt of the blow. Isaac skid to a halt, his fingers drawing tails in the ashen dirt as he practically forced him to land. The faster he could move, the faster he could see what just happened.[break][break]

He was breathing. Tangaroa had escaped 's fate. Isaac released a sigh of relief he hadn't realized he'd been holding, smiling as he looked down at his foe. The permafrost that had once settled upon his own wounds melted, his skin lightening back to its normal tone as it flowed to his fingertips. He wasn't going to hoard the waters of life for himself. Not while the man's head was cracked open. Isaac let them flow, trailing behind the boulder and toward the man's head injury. The infirmary'd have to finish the job, but it was a start.[break][break]

"We will."[break][break]

All the while, ranted and raved. He asked why Isaac couldn't let him win, why he seemed so insistent on dying, why he was so willing to put it all on the line just to oppose his dream. Before Isaac could even answer, another voice rang out. . He saw a man turn on his own, once as collateral and once through intent. Where would the line be drawn? Where would this madness end?[break][break]

To Kouji, it ended today. Mr. Survival of the Fittest himself had finally put something above himself, and Isaac knew not whether it was something to celebrate or to fear.[break][break]

What he did know was that this wouldn't be answered alone. He took a heavy, staggering footstep - fuck, when did he hurt so much? Now that he wasn't plugged into his own healing supply, his war wounds and his freshly-fought brawl were hitting him like a hangover on a Monday. Still, he refused to let that stop him, standing beside Kouji with his head held high.[break][break]

"Buddy, I believed in your dream since day one. And I believe in it enough to know this ain't it." He sung a different tune to Kouji, yet in the same tenor. Both the unwilling hero and the unwilling villain had made their judgment; Howard's might was tested and found wanting. "So high on your own supply that you lost it worse than she did."[break][break]

"One of these days, you're gonna figure it out. And til you do, I'm gonna fight you to the ends of the earth."[break][break]

TEAL DEER;[break]
Tangaroa is a fucking badass. Isaac heals him, promising that they will face this fight.[break]
Howard speaks, Kouji answers. Isaac stands by his side, backing up his frequent foe.[break]
Respect era is so back?[break]
Knuckles is most likely having an awful time but at least the Red Chain is going to knock the poor Lucario free before she explodes probably. That's for later though so don't worry about it.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG — @ [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,073 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 2:59:40 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
'FUCK YOUR DREAM!'

The words rang through the air as struck the floor, unconscious. He had been stuck between two titans and an avatar. The mercenary had done well, all things considered. Still, his defeat was unfortunate. He had spunk.

Still, he deserved his fate for interrupting the admin's countdown. He had defied Hoenn's will to partake in Monroe's incessant browbeating, and he deserved to be humbled. It was a lesson that the muscle-brained Alolan would have to carry with him, and it would shape his future from this moment on.

To be humbled was to experience growth. That was something that would experience now.

"Pardon?" Howard's voice was soft, barely carrying over the whisper of the sand. His eye flickered with Dynergy as he regarded the toy soldier denouncing him. "You have no right. I am your superior officer, and Underboss Fiorelli was assaulting me."

Stones rumbled, clacking over one another as they towered upwards. Howard's dream would not be denied. He had forged it in blood and stone and ice. Rocket had promised it to him, and Kanto would not deny him what Howard had denied himself for twenty-eight years.

"But if you denounce my dream, then it's up to you to shred it." The admin's eye gleamed with rage as Dynergy roared around the duo. "Fool's Gold, you become your name."

Regirock swung a fist towards Urshifu, its Hammer Arm slamming down. Kouji's face was reflected in Elisabeth's blood.

"Buried."

HALT: THE RED CHAIN AND ISAAC'S DENOUNCMENT IS INCOMING. Howard is interfacing with Kouji
Howard turns to face Kouji, enraged at his denouncement
Regirock uses HAMMER ARM on Urshifu
Dynergy pressure increases

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 3:13:53 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Rights, and the lack of them…
[break][break]
He might have had a lot more to say about them now, but he only saw himself as having a job. He had to fight, to march on; to be another gear, and to keep that gear running well. was dead now, so one of them would have to burn the world down one day, but until then he'd have no choice but to keep doing his part in the Warmachine.
[break][break]
Urshifu jumped out to meet the blow, a giant fist was met by a fist made up of dark energies that swirled, a wicked blow but the ursine legendary began to glow as Kouji drew out his knife, the stone within shining.
[break][break]
”Not that I don’t appreciate the support. But leave this guy with me for a second, I’ve got a couple of things to knock into his nogging.”
[break][break]
His knife finished glowing as his Dark-Type bear finished evolving, the dark-type met the Regirock’s fist, and through its struggle, the coalescence of darkness grew deeper as a Wicked Blow became a G-max One-Blow the vestiges of Gigantamax apparent within its Mega-evolved form and attack.
[break][break]
”Are you going to bury me? Or that rock? If you’re my superior, how about proving your superiority to me.” He said as he threw a knife with his only good arm, aiming for the Admin directly; men could fight each other while the Pokemon crushed each other.
[break][break]
”Right now, you look like a bullied kid who finally managed to get a Garchomp. You’re not stronger, or any closer to your dream. I’ll shred it just fine, like everything else I’ve shredded today.” He rolled his shoulder, ready to charge into the gap between the two of them.
[break][break]
”Prepare for Path B, into Route CH. Watch my back, we’re going for the kill if we need to.” Urshifu roared ascent as he equalled the force of the gigantic fist, darkness washing over the area.

@tag
[break]

NOTES

Urshifu meets hammer arm with wicked blow in a struggle, mega-evolves and it changes to G-max one-blow for cool effect and a clash.[break]
A bit of shit-talk between frienemies, tells Isaac he'll handle it, talks down to Howard.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

Mega

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,401 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 3:29:51 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"I know."[break][break]

His vote of confidence was backed up by naught but a single knife of ice, floating over Kouji's good arm.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,073 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 3:44:13 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Kouji rushed forward, faster than the admin could blink. Even on the verge of death, even as his body hung limp. Kouji was limp to his left, but the right was full of enough vigor to thrash Howard within an inch of his life.

Everyone was betraying him. The one time that he displayed loyalty to Rocket, and everyone was turning on him. Victory was in their grasp. They were going to win, and Kouji was allying with Isaac? Here? Now? WHY? The Liberator's long shadow had finally found a Rocket willing to heed his call.

Treason.

Yet he did not want to kill Kouji.

He was loyal.

"A bullied kid..." Howard whispered as Fool's Gold punched him in the side of the head, the admin's skull rattling around in his Sygna Suit's helmet. Oscar was a good engineer, but there was nothing that he could do when faced with a standard beatdown.

He felt a knife. Warm blood through his belly. Dynergy leaked alongside the latent remains of Ting-lu's corpse. Even now, fear dictated his actions. Yet he was Howard Slayte. When did that not?

Regirock's arm shattered when faced with the Urshifu's Z-Move, stones spraying the battlefield and knocking several grunts on their backs. The titan would rebuild, but the force of the blow reminded Howard of Elisabeth's Ruination or one of Jayden's many blades. When had Kouji gotten this strong?

When he had forsaken his weakness?

No.

"Fucker. I earned this. I EARNED THIS!" He roared as he staggered to his feet. His body didn't function. His legs hardly worked. His arms barely moved. That was fine. "I am stronger! All of these tribulations to reach this moment were forced against me."

A shaking hand picked up a piece of rubble from the ground, red lines of Dynergy flowing through the stone.

"I will continue to struggle because I am human." A deep breath. "My dream is just. AND I WILL NOT WAKE UP!"

SMASH!

He slid to Kouji's left and bashed the grunt on the side of the head with a piece of Regirock's corpse.

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 4:00:37 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

It was like thunder, the vision in his left eye flashed white, he could barely even see for a moment as his head was rocked to the side; the rest of his body almost followed along. He was forced to look at a splatter of his own blood, the vision in that side ruined by a stream of blood that ran down the side of his face.
[break][break]
”How many times do I need to tell you…FUCK….YOUR….DREAM.”
[break][break]
It wasn’t a matter of not liking his dream, he didn’t know what it was. But any dream that would take strength away from Rocket, was not a dream the present him was allowed to tolerate. He forced himself to move. This was just simple pain, he’d dealt with worse when had tortured him in that dream…
[break][break]
Getting angry about a damn dream, how pitiful of him. He’d have to apologize to the War God if he managed to survive this. Even that unpleasant memory was giving him strength now, listening to Howard, he wondered if this was how felt looking at him on that beach. What could he even say?
[break][break]
”So what if you didn’t choose this? The people we crushed didn’t choose to die, we didn’t choose to attack this place. We were all forced to do something. I don’t care if you earned it.” He gripped the knife of ice, and swung back at Howard; but it was merely a feint; something to open the man up.
[break][break]
He stepped down on the ground hard, his other limp arm swung beside him. He clenched his fist, bit down on his jaw. He had always been this strong, he had just forgotten it in his fear, in his hatred, in his envy. He had forgotten how to be reckless, he had begun to value himself.
[break][break]
He threw that away with this punch, he was just another soldier, an expendable piece. His bones creaked, the broken bones pierced through his skin and he released a scream of pain as he threw it anyway.
[break][break]
In that time, Urshifu decided to jump on the falling pieces of rock, to reach higher towards the Giant Rock, ready to use a Close Combat.
[break][break]
"Appreciate the support, Isaac!"

@tag
[break]

NOTES

Kouji gets hit by rock, recalls stuff, gets new boost of strength, uses the knife as a feint and punches with his broken arm breaking it way way worse. [break]
Urshifu prepares for a Close Combat.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

Mega

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,073 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 4:18:46 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Thud. The punch smashed the admin's visor, embedding shards of clear material and metal into the grunt's knuckle as he knocked the admin backwards. It was a desperate, ugly punch. In another world, with his old body, the admin would have been punched through the socket.

But it was different now. It was a different form, made of a different material. Striking Howard Slayte was like beating on stone.

Still, he fell anyway. He sat there for a moment, tasting Kouji's purpose. It was a good one, but misguided. It described much of Rocket, the admin thought.

"I will not yield. I did choose. I chose Rocket to chase what I wanted from life." The admin rose steadily, his hand grasping onto the Dynergy-infused stone as he turned to face the grunt. "That is what Rocket offered you. A chance to choose your own destiny. To choose the form your soul would take."

A heavy breath. Regirock thrummed with power as it blasted Urshifu with a Dynamax Cannon. Red energy engulfed the martial artist.

"But it doesn't matter. We're here. You and me. We did this." Howard breathed raggedly as he smashed Kouji again, stone shattering bones and flesh. "We chose."

A deep breath.

"We chose to be cogs in a greater machine."

Kouji breaks Howard's visor, ouch!
Regirock uses Dynamax Cannon on Urshifu
Howard continues to bash Kouji with ROCKA

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2024 4:44:42 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

It hurt, he found himself wobbling on the spot; it wasn’t the kind of rock that simply broke on one’s head, but rather the body that formed a legendary giant. Kouji had his fill of them, and yet he was being forced to eat more.
[break][break]
More of this man’s words, he just wanted to set him straight. ”Then be a good gear and fall in line. Who cares about what we deserve? Cogs aren’t put in a machine to be happy. We just turn.” Another hit from a rock; his left side was completely useless now, he was sure that a couple of his tendons were torn because he couldn’t even make a fist.
[break][break]
Instead, he used the knife that was gifted to him, kicking out at the admin’s legs, he stabbed down with the knife aimed at Howard’s shoulder, to make it more annoying to hit him with that darned rock.
[break][break]
”Stop complaining about being forced then, if you choose Rocket. Everything, all of it, came from your choice to join, to chase your dream.” Then again, when would that dream clash with Rocket? Was that this moment, tomorrow, next year?
[break][break]
Urshifu wasn’t faring much better, already at the edge of its mega evolution, being hit by the Dynamax cannon was pushing it even further. It was a terrible strike; one that forced it to crash into the earth with a great eruption, sending dirt and wind everywhere.
[break][break]
But it had no choice but to stand up, forcing itself up to its knees, now back to its base form, black fur matted with blood; steam rose up from it as it turned damage into strength. Using a Z-move immediately after being struck like this would mean collapsing, but he could leave everything after this to his trainer.
[break][break]

Ultimate Counter[break]
pushing itself to the limit, urshifu takes all built up damage from the previous three rounds and converts it into dark intentions in order to return the damage twice-fold.

[break][break]

@tag
[break]

NOTES

Kouji gets hit by regi's rock, he's stabbing down with his ice-knife [break]
Urshifu gets Dynamax Cannon'd, ends up falling out of Mega but uses his Z-move. [break]
Sem viverra aliquet eget sit amet tellus cras.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

Mega

[attr="class","credit"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP