challenge

[break]
ESCAPE THE BINDING MOVE WITHOUT A GHOST-TYPE POKEMON.[break]

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r8m8ee7VCP1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break]
"Battle Villa Rewards" - Pokémon Masters OST

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU MOVE TO THE FIFTH FLOOR. Here, a Chef claps his tongs together, making them resound with tinny chiming. There are no Pokemon to be found on this floor.[break][break]

"i train my chefs in galar completely different to anyone in hoenn." He clacks his tongs together again. The sound is piercing. A nuisance. "my young chefs, when they come to the kitchen, the first thing they get is a blindfold. they get blindfolded and are asked to identify what they are tasting. if they can't identify it? they can't cook it. serve your pokemon to me, please."[break][break]

In a rather unorthodox way, he asks you all to send your Pokemon out. As soon as they are summoned, a GALARIAN STUNFISK attempts to SNAP TRAP them.[break][break]

"escape the binds of my stunfisk, or you will fail!"

Around the room, an inscription is written:[break]

"The more we flourish, the more[break]
spotlit we are in the silence of space.[break]
And to our illumine peaks they soar, [break]
Heeded by the ascension they so chase."

INSTRUCTIONS

READ CAREFULLY EVERY ROUND

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information.
  • BOLD applicable Pokemon moves, abilities, held items, etc.
  • You can only send out ONE POKEMON in this round.
  • All of your Pokemon must be sent out at the same time.
  • Each Pokemon can only use ONE MOVE; some Pokemon may opt not to use any moves.
  • You may only post once this round (tentative to change).
[break]

PLEASE POST IN THE TIERED TEA ROOM SIGN-UP THREAD AFTER EVERYONE HAS POSTED.
[break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2022 10:13:45 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
"Speaking as someone who died, I'd take the boredom and loneliness over the pitch-black of death."

Death permeates through the small tiered tea room. Thick, invisible clouds hanging low in the form of unsettled memories or fears that have taken root like old gnarled vines.

And Angelo is no exception.

He can still vividly remember the feeling of steel piercing through his jugular, the arrow tip coated in weeping ichor clogging every desperate attempt at breath.

Stealing resolve. Extinguishing hope.

When his memories had become his, a part of him had experienced falling to those pitch-black depths, too.

Burying his memories beneath an easy, featherlight smile and a diversion of focus, Angelo turns his attention towards their well-dressed teammate's curious statement.

You can't just casually drop something like that without giving us the whole story, suit.” A calloused hand claps against his shoulder, walking with up to the next floor. 

Their next challenge has the pilot releasing a lanky reptile, Morse regarding the Stunfisk that snaps onto his tail with but a disinterested sigh. With a stylish pivot and dramatic flap of its cape, the Inteleon U-TURN's out of its steel maw.

And to our illumine peaks they soar,
Heeded by the ascension they so chase.

Angelo, meanwhile, decides this passage around the wall is his favourite so far.

notes;

- inteleon uses u-turn
- held item focus sash

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,420 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2022 18:20:23 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Could be,” Hideo shrugged. It was really just a guess, so he couldn’t actually guarantee it was right. “Wouldn’t surprise me with how much weird stuff’s been in Hoenn.” And there was a lot of weird stuff in Hoenn, as he’d found in the past year.

As for who the writer was? He’d agree with . “It’s gotta be the same person. Or Pokemon. The poems have a similar writing style, and they make sense if they’re all from the same person.

Though the other thing Xander said caught Hideo off guard, earning a moment of silence from the boy. It’s only when asked the obvious that Hideo chimed in. “Yeah, man. You can’t just tell us you died once and stop there.

Their next challenge was soon upon them. As Hideo presented his Pokemon - his Zarude - the challenge was set. The Zarude glanced down at the Stunfisk, clearly unamused by its Snap Trap. Its response was to flick the flat fish off itself, U-turning and just walking away.

The Beheeyem was too distracted reading the poem to notice, until the Zarude oh-so-helpfully picked him up and plopped him up front - like a proper post-U-turn switch should work.

Though by then, the message had already been passed to Hideo. “I guess this poem says they live in space, so it can’t be a Pokemon that’s already in Hoenn.” His middling knowledge on mythical Pokemon wasn’t doing him any favors here, but surely the number of space-bound Pokemon wasn’t high.

Zarude U-turns out of the Clap Trap
Protective Pads still held

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2022 14:31:41 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"We're all waiting for your story, Painter Boy." A luminous gaze finds as they ascend into the next room, not unlike a Sharpedo sensing blood in the water. Her eyebrow quirks in lieu of the actual question, silently prompting the redhead to expand upon his story.

While the captain herself had skirted death a handful of times and come out (thankfully) victorious, she'd never actually ceased breathing. At least not long enough to be, well, dead.

The lines, she muses, get blurry after a certain point.

Their next challenge brings a smirk to Skyler's lips, heightened by memories of her several past - and often disastrous - attempts at making an edible meal. In this at least, Skyler is wholly confident in her own incompetence. Not that she ever allows that stop her, unfortunately for .

Oblivious to the menace in their midst, the chef issues the challenge, pincers snapping in a strangely threatening manner. Balthico is hastily recalled before he's turned into some fancy fish dish, replaced by a wide-eyed bird.

Roc squawks in alarm when the Stunfisk snaps its steely trap around him. Skyler looks on, skillfully ignores the momentary chaos of flapping wings and shrill bird cries as the harried Archen manages to U-Turn, hopping back to the captain's shoulder and looking none-too-pleased about it.

Honestly, the only thing she's missing is the eyepatch and perhaps the peg leg.

"I gotta admit, I'm a bit lost on this one." Skyler tilts her head as she reads, but the gesture fails to bring any bit of loose knowledge to the surface. Despite having historians as parents, their lessons had never quite stuck. 

probably had the right idea. "An alien?" The notion brings an unpleasant shiver.

skyler's archen uses U-TURN
skyler has the ring target

close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
Lately I get the feeling nothing works cause we're cursed.
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2022 20:53:36 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xander"]
[attr="class","xander-big-img"]

[attr="class","xander-1"]
[attr="class","xander-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","xander-tagged"]

[attr="class","xander-subtitle"]
i am the astro-creep, a demolition-style hell american freak. i am the crawling dead, a phantom in a box shadow in your head.

[attr="class","xander-pkmn"]

[attr="class","xander-post"]

They make it sound like he's dropped a massive bomb on the conversation. But Xander couldn't look any more indifferent. The haunting visage of death greeted him twice so far. It numbed him on the first visit and desensitized him on the second. An uncomfortable realization hammered home by Angelo's hand against his shoulder.[break][break]

His lips narrow to a line. "It's nothing, really." he replied dryly, "When I was a ten, my sister and I got separated from our parents and lost in a blizzard." The memories take him the second he speaks. Their icy tendrils pull him seamlessly into the past. [break][break]

The blistering snow on his skin, his limbs so cold they threaten to freeze in place if he stops for even a second. Kiara's hand in his own, her grip tight as a vice. The barely audible sound of her cries over the howling wind. Xander recalled it all vividly. [break][break]

"I managed to find us a cave, but it didn't make a difference. One of us was going to freeze, and I chose myself. So I give my sister my winter clothes and waited." [break][break]

What happened next is so clear. Crisp. Yet despite how traumatic, Xander says it with a matter-of-fact and distant tone. Almost as if he's trying to minimize the impact. [break][break]

"Before I know it, I'm numb and starting to get sleepy. Everything starts to dim, almost like someone's turning the lights off slowly. The heavier my eyes feel, the darker the world gets. Then, suddenly, there's nothing - no sound, no cold, just blackness." [break][break]

The rest is left hanging as they reach the next floor. In silence, Xander released his Gliscor. The scorpion followed the lead of others with a U-Turn against the Stunfisk.

[attr="class","xander-bot-1"]

notes about this post

GLISCOR USED U-TURN[break]

HOLDING PROTECTIVE PADS
[attr="class","xander-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.xander]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.xander-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.xander-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.xander-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.xander-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#EF6A87;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.xander-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.xander-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.xander-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.xander-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.xander-tagged a:hover { color:#EF6A87!important; }.xander-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.xander-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.xander-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.xander-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.xander-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.xander-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.xander-post i { color:#F596AA; }.xander-post b { color:#EF6A87;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.xander-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.xander-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.xander-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.xander-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.xander-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#EF6A87;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.xander-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.xander-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.xander-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#EF6A87!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 0:58:34 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
Locke listened to ’s story in uncomfortable silence, the stairwell feeling much smaller than the rest as the group ascended. They hoped they’d never reach the point they could talk about such dark topics without so much as twitch.

”That must’ve been hard,” they offered dumbly, unsure of what other condolences they could give the man hadn’t already heard.

Despite the promise of more difficult challenges ahead, this room provided far less of a headscratcher than the previous one. Undeterred by the other Pokémon’s grasp, De-De simply began pirouetting in place, Rapidly Spinning until the Stunfisk was thrown off entirely and she was free to waddle ahead to the exit.

Locke lingered for a bit, taking in the newest inscription with a wistful expression. ”I hope we get to check out the roof of this place…How many floors do ya reckon there are?”

- Holding: Shed Shell
- Listens to Xander trauma dump
- De-De uses Rapid Spin to escape the Snap Trap
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 1:24:33 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]
[attr="class","userPkmn"]
[attr="class","userHealth"]
[attr="class","userHP GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]06: SPIKY BARBS

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]
[attr="class","inactive"]

[attr="class","status NONE"]
[attr="class","th th-fire"]
BRN

[attr="class","raidText"]

[attr="class","gardenStats"]
challenge

[break]
ATTACK THE IRON BARBS ABILITY TOGEDEMARU[break]THAT IS USING SPIKY SHIELD AT LEAST 3 TIMES TOTAL.[break]
SPIKY SHIELD WILL FADE AFTER 1 ATTACK.[break]
YOU CAN NOT SUFFER DAMAGE FROM IRON BARBS OR SPIKY SHIELD.
[break]

[break]

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU MOVE TO THE SIXTH CHALLENGE. A tough man dwarfs the Togedemaru standing ahead of him. Its body is perfectly rotund. Smooth, with triangular markings scattered throughout its grey back.[break][break]

He crosses his thick arms, but he seems friendly in face. "hey." The trainer does not speak much, but when he does, his voice booms deep and rich. "your pokemon have to strike my togedemaru three times without hurting themselves. got it?"[break][break]

The triangular markings are excited, pushing outward into spikes as the Togedemaru executes, SPIKY SHIELD.[break][break]

Around the room, an inscription is written:[break]

"Throughout our worlds, plates lie scattered—[break]
plates with powers all diverse.[break]
Forever lasting, each inscribed[break]
with eternal prayer's verse.[break]
Through space and time will they bear[break]
secret wishes for the universe."

INSTRUCTIONS

• Each Pokemon can only use ONE MOVE; some Pokemon may opt not to use any moves.
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 21:44:28 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
's story was far from the 'nothing' that he so indifferently claimed. Whether it was said in abashed modesty being under the spotlight or from a place of distance over an event long in the past, would remain unknown and unquestioned.

At least, Angelo wouldn't be the one pressing. Not when their well-dressed teammate falls silent. 

Instead, Angelo gives one more pat on the man's shoulder in silent respect. From one elder sibling who knew a little something about sacrifice, to another.     

Well, I'm glad you survived long enough to challenge a Hoennian tea room with us.” He smiles wryly. Lucky .

Angelo walks up the rest of the stairs in silence and as per routine, there awaited their next challenge.

And a new piece of the poem, otherworldly.

Maybe we should've bartered a little harder, huh?” He utters on hushed tones to , their shards of a plate that may 'bear secret wishes for the universe' long traded away.

Maybe he could've gotten two planes out of it.

From his pocket, Angelo throws a pokeball containing a shiny Decidueye, its yellow eyes piercing beneath the shade of its hood.

Like a hunter, it trains its unblinking eyes on the Togedemaru - only to disappear in a wisp of shadow.

Beneath the small spiky creature, darkness erupts, ripping its beachball body through the ink on the ground. It bounces back on the floorboards a moment later, ejected from the PHANTOM FORCE portal above, its shield no more.

notes;

- decidueye uses phantom force
- decidueye has the long reach ability
- held item focus sash

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,420 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2022 23:24:35 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"Oh." Hideo hadn't known what to expect from a temporary-death experience, but he felt a bit guilty prodding into telling it, even if the guy didn't sound too concerned about sharing it. "Sorry to hear that happened to you," was all he could think of to say at that moment.

He could only awkwardly force himself to answer . "Could be an alien," he shrugged, "Doubt it's the first we've had show up in Hoenn." His Beheeyem glanced over at him for a moment, before continuing to guide Hideo up the stairs.

"Here's hoping it's not a 100-floor gauntlet," Hideo joked, his answer to 's question. "But they didn't say exactly how high this went, and I guess you can't tell how many it is from the outside, so who knows."

All they could do was take them one at a time. Their new challenge arrived, and Hideo already had a Pokemon ready for it: his Meowstic looked over at the very-spiky Togedemaru, then at the set of pads the Beheeyem held up.

He didn't look very enthusiastic about what he had to do, but he was ready to do it, donning the Protective Pads. The Meowstic made sure he was completely padded-up - he didn't want to feel even a single barb - before putting his skills as an Infiltrator to use and delivering a (padded) Fake Out to the bouncing Togedemaru.

"What kind of plates is that poem talking about?" Hideo asked, his Beheeyem having read the poem to him while they dealt with the challenge. "Can't just be the kind you eat off of."

Meowstic Fakes Out the Togedemaru, avoids Spiky Shield thanks to being an Infiltrator
Protective Pads ensure Meowstic is not harmed by Spiky Shield or Iron Barbs

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2022 23:33:44 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
”So a little less climbing than the average Sootpolis delivery then, ” Locke deadpanned back . Truly, he had trained his entire time in Hoenn for this.

You know the drill. New room, new puzzle. was quick to resolve the first half of the puzzle for the team, and Locke positively beamed as he laid eyes on his friend’s Pokémon. ”Your Decidueye looks so cool! I’ve never seen a shiny one before,” he exclaimed, admiring the blue plumage of its hood.

With the Spikey Shield down, De-De was free to Freeze-Dry her opponent from a safe distance, though the Togedemaru seemed largely unbothered by the sparkling frost that now coated parts of its metallic body.

”I dunno, my grandpa collected those novelty plates with like Champions and Elite Four members on them. A couple of em were even signed!”

- Holding: Shed Shell
- De-De uses Freeze-Dry to attack the shield-less Togedemaru from a distance
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 8:01:06 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Like Angelo, Skyler isn't one to press when Xander reveals his story in an indifferent, distanced tone. And she's certain that most of the people in this room have tasted enough of trauma to at least share a sort of silent solidarity with the man. So she simply nudges him, lopsided smile in place. "Glad you're here with us. Won't see much snow 'round here."

Then again, who knows? Hoenn has yet to fail her when it comes to strange, otherwordly events.

The new verses bring a sour expression to her face, made worse when Angelo approaches. "I should've gotten a ship out of it." Her nose scrunches up, glacial cold stealing over her eyes for a sliver of a moment. She'd been too preocupied at the time, having found the first shard of what would become her Blue Orb in that expedition.

Maybe she'll pay a visit soon.

Though the challenge is as good as finished by the time she releases Noivern, the captain still takes part in it. Maybe she shouldn't, given the growing ominous whistling of the wind that precedes an overpowered Hurricane...

skyler's INFILTRATOR noivern uses HURRICANE
skyler has the ring target

close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
Lately I get the feeling nothing works cause we're cursed.
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2022 6:10:58 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xander"]
[attr="class","xander-big-img"]

[attr="class","xander-1"]
[attr="class","xander-title"]

[attr="class","xander-tagged"]

[attr="class","xander-subtitle"]
i am the astro-creep, a demolition-style hell american freak. i am the crawling dead, a phantom in a box shadow in your head.

[attr="class","xander-pkmn"]

[attr="class","xander-post"]

Xander didn't focus too much on what the others had to say. Not like it would be anything he hadn't heard before. "Thanks." he muttered, "But its really nothing." and that be the last he talked of his passing. The Togedemaru on the next floor required more attention than he did. [break][break]

A click of a Poke Ball released one of Xander's aces. Gloomtail the Dragapult set his sights on the spikey rodent. Dragon Darts launched like torpedos at Togedemaru. An explosive assault capable of Infiltrating the most stalwart of shields.

[attr="class","xander-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Dragapult has Infiltrator[break]
Dragapult used Dragon Darts[break]

HOLDING PROTECTIVE PADS
[attr="class","xander-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.xander]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.xander-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.xander-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.xander-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.xander-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#EF6A87;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.xander-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.xander-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.xander-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.xander-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.xander-tagged a:hover { color:#EF6A87!important; }.xander-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.xander-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.xander-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.xander-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.xander-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.xander-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.xander-post i { color:#F596AA; }.xander-post b { color:#EF6A87;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.xander-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.xander-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.xander-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.xander-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.xander-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#EF6A87;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.xander-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.xander-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.xander-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#EF6A87!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 6:06:01 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]07: POLTEAGEIST

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]

[attr="class","status NONE"]
[attr="class","th th-fire"]
BRN

[attr="class","raidText"]

[attr="class","gardenStats"]
challenge
[break]
THE WEAK ARMOR POLTEAGEIST HAS USED SUBSTITUTE.[break]
CAUSE THE POLTEAGEIST TO EAT ITS SITRUS BERRY WITHOUT DMG.[break]
PREVENT THE POLTEAGEIST FROM HEALING.[break]
DO NOT BREAK/DAMAGE THE SUBSTITUTE.[break]
HIT THE POLTEAGEIST WITHOUT AFFECTING ITS STATS.[break]

[break]

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU ASCEND TO THE SEVENTH CHALLENGE; HOWEVER, THE NEXT FLOOR IS AN UNEXPECTED DEPARTURE FROM THE PREVIOUS TIERS. It is pitch black, save for a few candles scattered about the room. They illuminate the arena and reveal a Polteageist floating in its center. Its owner is obscured in the pitch— but when she speaks, the voice can be determined as feminine.[break][break]

From her chair, she speaks, "congratulations on climbing this far. the dark is comforting isn't it? you're concealed by prying eyes. anonymity is an oft forgotten blessing, as we've realized by way of the ultra beast war." She talks calmly, voice enunciating each syllable with refined clarity and tone. Any attempts to identify her will be futile, for the darkness around her seems... impenetrable. "your challenges will become more complex from this point forward. consider this to be the great filter of the fleur tea atelier."[break][break]

She explains the challenge.[break][break]

Around the room, there is no inscription visible.

INSTRUCTIONS

[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 11:16:27 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Hey, looks like you've got a fan.” Angelo smiles brightly at 's compliment, giving the Decidueye by his side a little knock with his elbow. Sagitta, stone faced as ever, gives the postman only a subtle dip of its head - but that's more emotion than most days. 

No way,” comes a chuckle when he returns the Decidueye to its pokeball, attention pulled towards his courier friend once again. “Does he have that guy who was champ that had a bunch of Bidoof on his team? What was his name again?

Up the stairs they go, to a world shrouded in darkness, met by their host with a smooth, velvet timbre. 

Lucky number seven sees the challenges take a sudden - and perhaps apt with the mysterious atmosphere - turn into something more serious.

Within the darkness, Angelo releases his Lunatone and a glitter ripples from one corner of the room to the next. MAGIC ROOM briefly illuminating every crack.

And yet, the woman remains shrouded...

His eyes narrow, focusing on the unseen with piqued attentiveness, caution.

Someone's really serious about that blessing of anonymity, huh...?” Angelo's voice slips low, flat, into the dark.

notes;

- lunatone uses magic room
- held item focus sash

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,420 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 11:44:45 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
With the death-experience story complete, it was time for the group to head to the next challenge. “I’ll take your word for it,” Hideo joked to , “I haven’t delivered anything to Sootopolis yet. But I did go there for the gym, and that was tough to find. Felt like I was walking for hours!

And who knows: maybe there’s a big ship waiting for us at the top!” Maybe would get what she wanted when they were done.

While Hideo wasn’t exactly aware the room was darkened, he realized something was up when his Beheeyem’s information wasn’t as clear as before. Still, he received enough information to know what their objective was. And that the first step was already filled in by ’s Pokemon, the Magic Room already set up.

Alright, Polteageist, you’re up.” His Pokemon nodded, moving forward and taking a nice big sip out of its teapot, indicating is was now Teatime for itself and the opposing Polteageist.

Polteageist uses Teatime after the Magic Room was set up
Protective Pads still held (albeit with a few holes)