2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 12:54:36 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler pauses at the threshold, stalling her progress as their next challenge presents itself in the shape of a pitch-black room.

This alone wouldn't have been enough to deter the ship captain, being used to the ocean's lightless depths. No - it's the sight of the floating ghost that stops her short, sailor superstition taking shape in tensed shoulders and white knuckles.

"'m not sure one would fit in the building." The captain keeps her voice light when speaking to , but she keeps her gaze stubbornly fixed on the Polteageist. A bead of sweat runs down the back of her neck. "But if I'm wrong, ice cream's on me."

She can't quite decide if her alertness is due to the ghostly presence or if there's something else going on...

That the feminine voice mentions the ultra beast war does not help her already heightened sense of looming threat.

's Lunatone keeps the darkness at bay, but only just. While having yet another ghost lingering nearby ( 's) ramps up the sensation of being watched, the tea pokemon does prove useful. Taking it as her cue, Skyler releases Melusine, the Primarina's serpentine body immediately fading amidst the darkened room. 

"Now, Melusine."

The Disarming Voice echoes in the darkened room like a siren's call, comforting and seductive.

skyler's primarina uses DISARMING VOICE
skyler has the ring target

close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
Lately I get the feeling nothing works cause we're cursed.
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 10:41:14 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xander"]
[attr="class","xander-big-img"]

[attr="class","xander-1"]
[attr="class","xander-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","xander-tagged"]

[attr="class","xander-subtitle"]
i am the astro-creep, a demolition-style hell american freak. i am the crawling dead, a phantom in a box shadow in your head.

[attr="class","xander-pkmn"]

[attr="class","xander-post"]

The next challenge is one of non-participation for Xander. Instead, he watched, the room illuminated by the tail of his Charizard. His teammates are impressive trainers. He hadn't noticed before, caught between his thoughts and the tasks. [break][break]

"A big ship? That be interesting." he murmured, barely loud enough to hear. [break][break]

When mentioned ice cream, he spoke louder. "You buying for everyone or just the kid?" he'd empty her wallet if so. Partly out of spite, mostly due to a ravenous sweet tooth.

[attr="class","xander-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Charizard is released[break]
Charizard does nothing[break][break]

HOLDING PROTECTIVE PADS
[attr="class","xander-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.xander]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.xander-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.xander-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.xander-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.xander-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#EF6A87;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.xander-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.xander-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.xander-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.xander-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.xander-tagged a:hover { color:#EF6A87!important; }.xander-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.xander-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.xander-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.xander-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.xander-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.xander-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.xander-post i { color:#F596AA; }.xander-post b { color:#EF6A87;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.xander-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.xander-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.xander-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.xander-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.xander-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#EF6A87;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.xander-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.xander-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.xander-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#EF6A87!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 1:30:06 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
Locke’s eyes lit up with nostalgia. ”That was Norman! Mom and I waited at the docks all day to get it for Pop-Pop when he heard his ship was stopping in Vermillion. He even let me get a picture of his team!”

Both photo and plates were long gone now, left behind in a past life. But the memory sat warm in his chest regardless.

”We probably would’ve seen a ship from outside,” he added, though with a twinge of disappointment. ”I could go for some ice cream after this though.” De-De chirped in agreement.

Locke hesitated at the threshold of the dimly-lit room, quietly entering at the back of the group and nearly missing the prompt as they dug around for another Pokémon. They managed to find the one they were looking for, and hurriedly released their Volbeat to light up their end of the field a bit more.

Try as they might though, they couldn’t quite wrap their head around this one. Luckily their teammates seemed to have it well-handled, letting them hang back in the comfort of Volty-Volty’s light with .

”Did you follow any of that?”

- Holding: Shed Shell
- Summons their Volbeat to light up their side a little more
- Doesn't understand a single thing
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 23:37:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","userPkmn"]
[attr="class","userHealth"]
[attr="class","userHP GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]08: PROTECT & PSN

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]
[attr="class","inactive"]

[attr="class","status NONE"]
[attr="class","th th-fire"]
BRN

[attr="class","raidText"]

[attr="class","gardenStats"]
challenge
[break]
AVOID BEING POISONED BY THE TOXIC SPIKES UPON ENTRY.[break]
CLEAR THE TOXIC SPIKES FROM THE FIELD.[break]
POISON THE IMMINENTLY ATTACKING DRAGALGE USING A CONTACT MOVE[break]
(YOU CAN CHOOSE WHICH PKMN IT HITS)[break]
BY USING A PROTECTION MOVE.

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r9sipcNOHN1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break]
"Shadow Triad Encounter" - Pokémon BW2 OST

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU MANEUVER THROUGH THE DARK TO THE EIGHTH CHALLENGE. It is dark here too, save for the fading light of waning candles. The trainer ahead of you has their Dragalge before them.[break][break]

TOXIC SPIKES are scattered across the Fleur Tea Atelier's floor. You can hear the sound of a coin being flipped before it is pocketed.[break][break]

"i thought my time was being wasted here— but i finally have some visitors." The voice is muffled somewhat, obscured by some covering of fabric across the mouth. Then again, it is impossible to discern who this person is in the dark. "here's your challenge. if you fail, don't cry when you go home empty-handed. springtime blessing, bah."[break][break]

The mysterious man explains the challenge. Any attempts to find or identify him through light or physical touch will result in him disappearing into the dark.[break][break]

Around the room, there is no inscription visible.

TIP: if there are characters or pokemon left who have yet to act, but have not participated in the completion of a challenge, feel free to have them knock out the opposing pokemon.

INSTRUCTIONS

READ CAREFULLY EVERY ROUND

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information.
  • BOLD applicable Pokemon moves, abilities, held items, etc.
  • You can only send out ONE POKEMON in this round.
  • All of your Pokemon must be sent out at the same time.
  • Each Pokemon can only use ONE MOVE; some Pokemon may opt not to use any moves.
  • You may only post once this round (tentative to change).
[break]

PLEASE POST IN THE TIERED TEA ROOM SIGN-UP THREAD AFTER EVERYONE HAS POSTED.
[break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,421 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 23:50:27 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
There’s been weirder stuff in Hoenn,” Hideo joked, “Maybe they got a flying ship up on the roof. Or they’ll lower it down after we win it.” Sadly, he didn’t actually expect to get a ship out of this, but no harm in a bit of joking. “Maybe they just hid it really well.

Joking aside, the next challenge was soon upon them. Another case of Hideo not getting much information from his Beheeyem. It was probably just as dark as the room before this.

First things first, make the room safe enough to actually move around in. “Smokes, you’re up,” he said, the Galarian Weezing beside him floating forward. The Toxic Spikes were harmless towards the part-Poison-type, but just so Hideo wouldn’t get a foot-hole and an antidose dose on the way to the next floor, he Defogged the area.

And maybe if there isn’t a ship up there, there’s plenty of ice cream waiting for us.

G!Weezing unaffected by Toxic Spikes d/t Poison-typing
G!Weezing used Defog to remove the spikes

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 0:09:32 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
Locke kept close to light of his Volbeat as the group pressed on through the darkness, fighting the urge to reach out for his teammates. His anxiety crept with every blind step forward, and it didn’t seem like the lights were turning on any time soon.

If he jumped at the sound of a mere coin flip, he just hoped everyone else would be kind enough to ignore it.

”H-Hey. Is it me, or has the mood seriously one-eightied?” They whispered, reaching into their bag and shakily pulling out their Pelipper’s Pokéball. The pelican yawned loudly as he was summoned, barely remembering to fly above the Toxic Spikes littered around him.

”Get it Soaked, Peli-Peli.” For a moment it seemed as though the Pelipper hadn’t heard his trainer, blinking slowly between them and his opponent. Finally though, the order registered, and he turned and spat a glob of water at the Dragalge, changing its type and making it more vulnerable.

- Summons Pelipper
- uses Soak on Dragalge

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 9:15:05 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
The captain side-eyes , huffing in short-lived amusement. "How did this become a 'let's all have ice cream together and make Skyler pay'? I only offered it to ." Pause. "Fine, but only one scoop each."

was right. The mood in these challenges had done a whole one-eighty and Skyler wasn't too sure she liked it. In the darkness she couldn't see their opponent very well - or at all. She wasn't against theatrics, but this felt threatening, ominous. Real.

It doesn't help when, between one blink of the eye and the next, she could've sworn she'd seen the bright glint of a familiar coin toss.

Dread pools in her gut as a drawling voice greets them from the darkness. Thoughts of ice cream and floating ships all but abandon her mind, her reply lost to a rapidly rising suspicion. Skyler squints into the darkened room, searching, but ultimately fails to discern any features.

She's taking a step forward without really meaning to, and only her teammates' rapid response prevents her from stabbing herself on spikes. Anger and fear are an ugly combo on the best of times - maybe it's for the best that the room is awash in darkness, if only to hide her visceral reaction. Even from . Especially from Angelo.

Misgivings are put aside long enough to summon a Toxapex, its Baneful Bunker raising a flimsy barrier between them and whatever, or whoever, stood on the other side of the room. Her hand drifts down to touch the sharp blade strapped to her leg. It's a cold sort of comfort.

skyler's toxapex uses BANEFUL BUNKER

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2022 18:13:16 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Angelo had never been afraid of the dark. Even if his fears often featured the absence of light, it had never been the cause of what made his throat tighten and heart rate furiously quicken. 

Yet here, in this bleakly oppressive room, he's struck with those very same reactions. Dread a silent visitor, its cold hand squeezing his windpipe in an old greeting.

The atmosphere alone was suffocating.

Suddenly, the room feels like a cage.

Familiarity however, has blue eyes as glacial as what pulses through his veins, piercing through the darkness. Sharp, focused, towards where a coin had flickered in the candlelight but finding nothing.

A hand rests on 's shoulder, as much an attempt to reassure his stuttering friend as it was a reminder for himself. To not let the festering resentment steer his path.

Not now.

When Angelo takes a breath, it's steady. Nothing out of place. “Vega. Dragon Pulse.

Wings as dim as their surroundings stretch wide, the Noivern pinpointing the Dragalge through sound alone and advancing on silent flight. Then, he strikes.  

notes;

- noivern uses dragon pulse
- held item focus sash

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2022 13:37:50 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xander"]

i am the astro-creep, a demolition-style hell american freak. i am the crawling dead, a phantom in a box shadow in your head.

"What little I could see, yeah." Xander replied, scratching at his cheek. He'd seen enough to know it was impressive. [break][break]

From to , the conversation flows freely on the way to the next floor. "If your wallet can't handle two scoops, I'll hold off on the ice cream." he chuckled dryly. [break][break]

Much like the previous challenge, Xander left his allies to handle the bulk of things. Once Hideo and the others had Dragalge poisoned, he joined on the attack. [break][break]

"Agni, Dragon Claw! [break][break]

The Charizard soared across the darkness to his prey. Draconic power crackled in his claws as they tore into Dragalge's flesh for the knock-out.

notes about this post

Charizard used Dragon Claw[break][break]

HOLDING PROTECTIVE PADS

[newclass=.xander]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.xander-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.xander-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.xander-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.xander-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#EF6A87;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.xander-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.xander-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.xander-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.xander-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.xander-tagged a:hover { color:#EF6A87!important; }.xander-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.xander-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.xander-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.xander-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.xander-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.xander-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.xander-post i { color:#F596AA; }.xander-post b { color:#EF6A87;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.xander-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.xander-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.xander-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.xander-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.xander-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#EF6A87;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.xander-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.xander-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.xander-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#EF6A87!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 1:19:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]09: EMERGENCY EXIT

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]

[attr="class","status NONE"]
[attr="class","th th-fire"]
BRN

[attr="class","raidText"]

[attr="class","gardenStats"]
challenge
[break]
WITHOUT NULLIFYING THE GOLISOPOD'S ABILITY, EMERGENCY EXIT,[break]
ATTACK GOLISOPOD WITH AT LEAST TWO MOVES,[break]
WITHOUT HAVING ITS ABILITY, EMERGENCY EXIT, ACTIVATE.[break]
ACT AS IF THE FIRST INSTANCE OF DAMAGE[break]WILL LOWER THE GOLISOPOD'S HP TO UNDER 50%.[break]

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r9sipcNOHN1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break]
"Shadow Triad Encounter" - Pokémon BW2 OST

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU MANEUVER THROUGH THE DARK TO THE NINTH CHALLENGE. The ceiling is high here— and although the room is engulfed by the same darkness as the previous rooms, one can see a starry, ethereal pattern cast above. Upon further inspection, one can find digital projectors on the ground. Trendy star lights oft found advertised underneath viral social media posts.[break][break]

"all eyes are on you, folks! for making it this far!" The obscured figure says. With a laugh, she summons her GOLISOPOD onto the arena. "let me explain your challenge."[break][break]

The mysterious figure explains the challenge. Any attempts to find or identify them through light or physical touch will result in them disappearing into the dark.[break][break]

Around the room, there is no inscription visible.

TIP: if there are characters or pokemon left who have yet to act, but have not participated in the completion of a challenge, feel free to have them knock out the opposing pokemon.

INSTRUCTIONS

READ CAREFULLY EVERY ROUND

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information.
  • BOLD applicable Pokemon moves, abilities, held items, etc.
  • You can only send out ONE POKEMON in this round.
  • All of your Pokemon must be sent out at the same time.
  • Each Pokemon can only use ONE MOVE; some Pokemon may opt not to use any moves.
  • You may only post once this round (tentative to change).
[break]

PLEASE POST IN THE TIERED TEA ROOM SIGN-UP THREAD AFTER EVERYONE HAS POSTED.
[break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,421 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 1:22:29 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo could only shrug at 's concern. "The room feels the same as all the others to me," he said, "even if the guy telling us our challenge was a bit rude."

Though what really got him dismayed was telling everyone they could only have one scoop. Hideo frowned, though once declined a scoop, Hideo was quick to take the opportunity; "If he doesn't want it, I'll take his scoop."

Ice-cream-based concerns aside, it was time for the next room. While Hideo still didn't get much from his Beheeyem this time either, there was one distinct detail he did get: the ceiling was covered with stars, as if to mimic the night sky. A lovely sight, according to his Pokemon, yet it was an experience that Hideo wouldn't be able to enjoy.

As for the current challenge, Hideo sent out his Steelix. "Hit'em with something it can't run from," he ordered, the large Pokemon nodding and rushing in, attacking the Goliospod with the Sheer Force of her Iron Tail.

"Gotta wonder why everything's been so dark for a while," Hideo wondered aloud, "Think maybe they just can't pay for the electricity up here?"

Steelix with Sheer Force uses Iron Tail
This somehow prevents Emergency Exit from activating because I don't know it just does

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 15:15:57 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
there was a post here but i accidentally edited it away OOPS

- dying

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 16:27:27 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Higher and higher they climb.

It should bring Angelo some comfort, imagining himself beneath the stars, but the crude interpretation of Hoenn's skyline does little to shake the heaviness that had settled in his gut.

Remnants of tight spaces and coin flips and dark, vacant worlds finding its way into the cracks of his mind, like unsettled dust.

He falls into an old back-and-forth as a distraction. As comfort.

Kid's got a sharp head on his shoulders.” Angelo comments off-handedly to and , while their younger teammates complete the challenge at 's suggestions.

Tell you what, sunshine. If you can figure out the next one,” the proposition the dangles from a curved mouth towards his wife, is far too sharp to be anything but a dare. I'll pay for the second scoop.” 

Still out of his capsule, Vega's dark shadow releases another Dragon Pulse onto the Golisopod.

notes;

- noivern uses dragon pulse
- held item focus sash

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 18:20:10 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
The darkness doesn't abate, even as they move past the previous room to face the next challenge. If anything, it seems to gather close like it's grown comfortable and bold with its own existence. This does little to assuage Skyler's own discomfort, and she keeps her hand lingering close to her blade. Just in case.

Though 's quip does bring forth an amused snort, after which her eyes slide over to . Some of the tension in her shoulders melts away. "I think you've just been outsmarted, Painter Boy. Maybe next time." Whether or not she'll still buy Xander a scoop of ice cream remains a question hidden behind impishly curled lips. But the possibility is there.

"Alright. Two scoops it is, pipsqueak." She barely stops herself from ruffling 's hair. "But if you get a stomachache don't blame it on me."

and do all the hard work this floor, and Skyler's more than happy to hang back and let them. Without realizing it, she drifts closer to . As someone who's used to navigating by starlight, these fake pinpricks of light make her weirdly uneasy - their positions odd and alien. She can't even see Kyogre's ass.

"You're on, Vestri." 

The idea of a challenge, especially one uttered by , brings about a keen glimmer to her eyes.

More out of a desire to have these challenges done with - and because she finds herself equal parts curious and greedy about the final prize whether it be a floating ship or not - Skyler has her Toxapex use Liquidation on the opposing Golisopod.

skyler's toxapex uses LIQUIDATION just to be mean

close tab

played by

Ditz

Xan
Him/His
Nov 24th
Neos City
Pansexual
Ranger
Ex-Gym Leader
awards
394 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xander
Xander Belmont
TIERED TEA ROOM #4
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2022 12:53:28 GMT
Xander Belmont Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xander"]

Another floor, another challenge, and a third time taking a backseat. Not that Xander is bothered by it. He and Charizard don't mind acting as a light source for the others. [break][break]

"How about I pay for the ice cream? Three scopes for everyone." Between family money and the league salary, Xander's wallet could take the blow. [break][break]

On the subject of lightning, Xander shrugged. "I wouldn't believe everything you see in the movies, kid. But I think you're right. The darkness is part of the tests" What they were testing for, he couldn't tell you.

notes about this post

Charizard does nothing[break][break]

HOLDING PROTECTIVE PADS