[attr="class","inactive"]

[attr="class","status NONE"]
[attr="class","th th-fire"]
BRN

[attr="class","raidText"]

[attr="class","gardenStats"]
challenge

[break]
THE MOVE YAWN MUST HIT & INFLICT[break]THE DROWSY STATUS ON ALL OF YOUR PKMN.[break][break]
PREVENT YOUR PKMN FROM FALLING ASLEEP[break] ON THE SECOND TURN OF YAWN.
[break]

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r8m8ee7VCP1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break]
"Battle Villa Rewards" - Pokémon Masters OST

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU HAVE SUCCEEDED AND ARE USHERED TO THE THIRD FLOOR. Here, a man and his Torkoal await you all. Oddly enough, this room seems hotter and more humid than the rest. All around on stands, pedestals, canvases and antiquities, Fire-type Pokemon are depicted. Slugma. Blaziken. Heatran. Moltres. The man welcomes everyone with a warm voice:[break][break]

"welcome to the third floor. i am farhan, the regent of the kindlers." He pats his Torkoal's shell and ushers him toward the field. "if you've come this far, you may be tired. however, scaling mt. chimney by foot is a harrowing ordeal. one must be alert at all times— for our volcano is an unpredictable, living force. endure a YAWN from my torkoal- but do not succumb to its effects."[break][break]

There is no inscription written in this room. However, paintings and carvings of a Moltres being birthed from Mt. Chimney's molten crater can be seen.

INSTRUCTIONS

READ CAREFULLY EVERY ROUND

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information.
  • BOLD applicable Pokemon moves, abilities, held items, etc.
  • You can only send out ONE POKEMON in this round.
  • All of your Pokemon must be sent out at the same time.
  • Each Pokemon can only use ONE MOVE; some Pokemon may opt not to use any moves.
  • You may only post once this round (tentative to change).
[break]

PLEASE POST IN THE TIERED TEA ROOM SIGN-UP THREAD AFTER EVERYONE HAS POSTED.
[break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 1:58:11 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","snu"]
[attr="class","top"]

eyes trace the scene playing out against the wall. the birth of a diety was always something that piqued ones interest, and especially moltres, in this case. considering his connection to the woman who was part of it. he hoped she was okay.
[break][break]
with a grimace, he turns back to the climb. bringing out riley, his boltund, he watches the YAWN begin to take hold. his lips quirk into a smile.
[break][break]
"okay riley! let's give everyone the zoomies!" she responds in kind, releasing an ELECTRIC TERRAIN, ensuring NO ONE on the field would succumb to the effects of his yawn.

[attr="class","ooc"] | | [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-boltund"]

[newclass=".snu"]--accent:#0093af; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:10px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 3:04:41 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
they entered the next room, and he found himself looking for the words this time, engraved on the walls or on the floor. here, instead, there were etchings of fire pokémon. his eye lingered on heatran, the one he was most familiar with.

yawn? shit, he didn’t have much this time, either. his kangaskhan tended to be difficult to put to sleep, though it was certainly possible. deciding to take a chance anyways, he released the pokémon. he was on a good team. surely, someone had something to handle this for all of them.

of course, it was .

bo sat back this time, patting the baby kangaskhan’s head. ”guess i didn’t need you guys, after all. next time.”
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,053 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 4:34:22 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

interesting.[break][break]

if anything, matias would've thought it'd be groudon who'd emerge from the depths of mount chimney. is that where moltres is, then?[break][break]

"focus up!"[break][break]

a quick swaperoo brings his hypno into the fray. even without the ELECTRIC TERRAIN, the psychic-type suffers from INSOMNIA. maybe it needs some relaxing asmr to help it sleep?

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-hypno"]

[newclass=".sixeyes"]--accent:#5d464e; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2022 13:37:19 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]

Temptest disappears back into her pokeball as they are out of this particular room. Completing another challenge means moving on to another floor. Eva is anxious to inspect the next room’s inscription.

Much to her disappointment, there is none. Her brows furrow, but soon relax as she spots the various fire-type paintings. Her memories drift back to Mt. Chimney, and their encounter with Groundon. She quickly glances towards Matias and Greyson to judge their reactions. She can tell Matias, at least, has similar thoughts.

Oh right, a challenge!

Eva’s the last the crack open a pokeball. The Electrivire lumbers forward to joint the others. The Yawn strikes, and his senses dull. The ELECTRIC TERRAIN cracks to life, snapping at his yellow fur. Combined with his VITAL SPIRIT, the electric-type remains awake.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2022 2:04:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","userPkmn"]
[attr="class","userHealth"]
[attr="class","userHP GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]ANCIENT RESPITE

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]

BRN

challenge

[break]
CHOOSE TEAM NAME - SELECT OR DO NOT SELECT A HELD ITEM[break]

[break]

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU ASCEND TO THE NEXT FLOOR. There, a blond man strolls in with his serving cart. A Slurpuff dressed in similar chef's attire hops along too, its tongue lazily tipped over its bottom lip.[break][break]

"you made it this far? not like it's a big accomplishment. feel free to pick from the cart. trade out an item for another or relinquish them entirely. be my guest." He rubs his stiff shoulder, the hand dangling from that painful joint licked by his Pokémon.[break][break]

Should you have encountered him before, he feigns ignorance. He does not answer questions. Simply, he waits for you all to finish before directing you to the next floor. However, there is no rush. You may chat amongst yourselves as you and your Pokémon take rest.[break][break]

Like before, around the room, an inscription is written:[break]

"For my own beloved is now gone from me,[break]
departed to a place I cannot reach.[break]
My old companions have left me behind,[break]
their faces faded into spaces seen by no eye."

SELECT ONE HELD ITEM:[break]
[break]

HELD ITEMS

A NEW MECHANIC FOR THIS EVENT

IN THIS ITERATION of the "tower challenge" style of events, held items have made an appearance. Your character can only HOLD 1 HELD ITEM AT A TIME. They may utilize the held item at any time on any of their Pokemon.[break][break]

Occasionally, there will be opportunities to switch the held item with another in between rounds. You do not need to select a held item nor use one.

INSTRUCTIONS

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information about trading rules and more.
  • On this floor, have your characters converse with each other. You may post MULTIPLE times.
  • You are allowed to select ONE HELD ITEM from the list above. You may also opt out of choosing a held item. If you already possess a held item, you must trade it for another.

[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,053 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2022 9:35:56 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

and they're through![break][break]

"good job, team."[break][break]

onto the next.[break][break]

the blond man that greets them is familiar, and it's only now that matias starts to put the pieces together. fleur tea atelier is likely run by the same people as the ones who organized the cook-off a few months ago.[break][break]

the same people who likely distributed the unown report.[break][break]

"you look awfully familiar."[break][break]

he casts a knowing glance at but does nothing beyond that. he focuses on the items ahead of them and chooses the PROTECTIVE PADS.

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-machamp"]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 3:09:01 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","snu"]
[attr="class","top"]

greyson pats the boltund's head, giving her an electricfying scratch behind her ear. "good girl, now get some rest," he says, letting the dog disappear back into her ball. with that, he stands and approaches the cart, giving the man a short look. "ah, thanks for these. perhaps less commentary next time?" the snide remark hadn't gone unnoticed, and a tinge of irritation flares.
[break][break]
moving off, he joins the others.
[break][break]
"i think it gets harder from here, huh?"

I TAKE THE PROTECTIVE PADD

[newclass=".snu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:10px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 4:08:50 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 With another challenge behind them, it’s finally time for a break! With a heavy sigh, Eva returns the Electrivire, “Yes, great work, team!” she echoes Matias as they enter the next room.

Her head tilts curiously as the man enters. She recognizes him, just as Matias does. She returns her partner’s look equally, frowning at the stranger’s feigned ignorance.

“Oh? More goodies?” Eva follows Matias over to the cart. After careful consideration, she trades her previous item for some PROTECTIVE PADS. They seem the most useful out of the others.

“I imagine it does!” she agrees with Greyson, “But we got this,” she shoots him a playful wink, fully confident in their abilities.

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2022 4:21:48 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
kangaskhan and her baby were returned to their shared pokéball. 

he’d never met the man with the cart, but he did find him a tad rude. his head tilted to one side with a smirk. they’d make it to the top, no problem.

walking over, he took the FOCUS SASH. ”thanks, man.” his grin wasn’t overly friendly, but had enough kill-them-with-kindness to appease his mother, arceus rest her soul.

he went to join his team again. would the rounds get harder from here? probably, but they'd make it through, easy. 

”yeah, no problem.” his tone was light. he knew he hadn't carried himself entirely, but this was a collector's game. still, it made him realize there were things he might not be prepared for. in a world with evolving new phenomena, maybe it was time to move past rock-types and expand his arsenal.

if, of course, they made it out alive. 
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 23:31:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]05: 1HKO

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]

BRN

challenge

[break]
SURVIVE A 1HKO MOVE WITHOUT USING PROTECTION MOVES.[break]

[break]

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU MOVE TO THE FIFTH FLOOR. Here, a Black Belt Trainer stares you down with an icy glare. Their Beartic raises its fists too, beard weathering the frosty breath that surges down its icy rampart.[break][break]

"i have trained in the cold of coronet for years! even hoenn's sun can't melt us." The Black Belt grabs the edges of his uniform and pulls it apart, exposing his bare chest. "take a SHEER COLD head on and live to tell the tale!"[break][break]

Roaring, his Beartic mimics the movement before unleashing a horrid cold toward the party.

Around the room, an inscription is written:[break]

"The more we flourish, the more[break]
spotlit we are in the silence of space.[break]
And to our illumine peaks they soar, [break]
Heeded by the ascension they so chase."

INSTRUCTIONS

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information.
  • BOLD applicable Pokemon moves, abilities, held items, etc.
  • You can only send out ONE POKEMON in this round.
  • All of your Pokemon must be sent out at the same time.
  • Each Pokemon can only use ONE MOVE; some Pokemon may opt not to use any moves.
  • You may only post once this round (tentative to change).
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 23:38:28 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","snu"]
[attr="class","top"]

greyson already knows who to call on for this challenge. his steelix, chlo, makes a reappearance, her eyes narrowing in defiance. "take this one on the chin and show 'em you're a badass, chlo." she roars, taking the brunt of the OKHO attack, but remains standing, STURDY as a pillar.
[break][break]
greyson finally addresses the donphan in the room.
[break][break]
"any idea what the poems mean, anyone?"

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,053 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 8:02:57 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

they move to the fifth floor, and it's here that his magnemite floats into existence, swapped in to tank the freezing SHEER COLD with its STURDY body.[break][break]

naturally, it survives the hit.[break][break]

"great job, small one."[break][break]

the magnemite, not .[break][break]

taking a moment to read the inscription around the room, matias hums in thought, shaking his head.[break][break]

"i think it might be referring to the sinnoh legends."

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-magnemite"]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2022 0:48:37 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
he had the focus sash, and that would be enough to keep him in the game regardless of who he chose. still, this was a good excuse to let golem do some showing off.

”mt. coronet is just a big pile of rocks!” not that it was bad thing. ”we can take the cold, too!”

like its teammates, golem weathered the SHEER COLD with its STURDY stone build.

”good job, golem!”

was bringing up the poems, then. it was weird, wasn’t it? not just eccentric decor. he did not want to further acknowledge his own suspicions.

”yeah, i don’t know.”

he looked back to the black belt trainer, briefly thinking to ask considering mt. coronet's location, but then deciding to turn to , instead. surely, she would have some kind of insightful answer.

”what do you think, doc?”
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2022 0:50:34 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva smiles at the sight of the massive Beartic. It is a beautiful specimen, strong and confident in its abilities. Eva plucks a pokeball off her belt. An Onix joins the other pokemon just before the Sheer Cold washes over them. Like the others, the STURDY pokemon withstands the icy blast.

When prompted, Eva takes note of the poem inscribed in the wall. After a moment of consideration, she nods her head, agreeing with her beau, “That’s one of my guesses too,” she hasn’t dove much into the Sinnoh legends, but her research on space-time distortions has brought some of the information forward.