[attr="class","inactive"]

[attr="class","status NONE"]
[attr="class","th th-fire"]
BRN

[attr="class","raidText"]

[attr="class","gardenStats"]
challenge

[break]
ATTACK THE IRON BARBS ABILITY TOGEDEMARU[break]THAT IS USING SPIKY SHIELD AT LEAST 3 TIMES.[break]
SPIKY SHIELD WILL FADE AFTER 1 ATTACK.[break]
YOU CAN NOT SUFFER DAMAGE FROM IRON BARBS OR SPIKY SHIELD.
[break]

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r8m8ee7VCP1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break]
"Battle Villa Rewards" - Pokémon Masters OST

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU MOVE TO THE SIXTH CHALLENGE. A tough man dwarfs the Togedemaru standing ahead of him. Its body is perfectly rotund. Smooth, with triangular markings scattered throughout its grey back.[break][break]

He crosses his thick arms, but he seems friendly in face. "hey." The trainer does not speak much, but when he does, his voice booms deep and rich. "your pokemon have to strike my togedemaru three times without hurting themselves. got it?"[break][break]

The triangular markings are excited, pushing outward into spikes as the Togedemaru executes, SPIKY SHIELD.[break][break]

Around the room, an inscription is written:[break]

"Throughout our worlds, plates lie scattered—[break]
plates with powers all diverse.[break]
Forever lasting, each inscribed[break]
with eternal prayer's verse.[break]
Through space and time will they bear[break]
secret wishes for the universe."

INSTRUCTIONS

READ CAREFULLY EVERY ROUND

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information.
  • BOLD applicable Pokemon moves, abilities, held items, etc.
  • You can only send out ONE POKEMON in this round.
  • All of your Pokemon must be sent out at the same time.
  • Each Pokemon can only use ONE MOVE; some Pokemon may opt not to use any moves.
  • You may only post once this round (tentative to change).
[break]

PLEASE POST IN THE TIERED TEA ROOM SIGN-UP THREAD AFTER EVERYONE HAS POSTED.
[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,053 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2022 7:00:50 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"hey."[break][break]

matias mirrors the man's stoic greeting, his own voice equally as deep and rich. maybe even more? the rest of the team can be the judge of that.[break][break]

"i'll deal with this rotund binch."[break][break]

his skarmory charges forward, FEINTING to slip underneath togedemaru's crafty SPIKY SHIELD only to peck at its head. protected by PADS, skarmory should be fine.[break][break]

with the SPIKY SHIELD now down, it's easy pickings for them.[break][break]

focusing on the poem, matias settles in silence and thought.[break][break]

"plates lie scattered..."[break][break]

time to find them, then.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-skarmory"]

[newclass=".sixeyes"]--accent:#5d464e; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 5:01:13 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The string monotone greetings is broken by the peppy blonde. With a smile she ducks past Matias, “Helloooo!” she sings, immediately turning her gaze to the inscription curled around the perimeter of the room. She commits it to memory along with the others. It does seem to be coming together. The talk of plates has be considering the type-plates she’s come across since coming to Hoenn.

“Oh! Thanks, babe!” she coos, after the Skarmory Feints the Togedemaru into dropping he Spiky Shield.

The doctor snatched a pokeball from her belt and released a pink colored Dratini, “Blast that binch!”

The shiny Dratini gathers energy and then releases it in a powerful, bright HYPER BEAM.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 17:32:56 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","snu"]
[attr="class","top"]

he thanks himself for the foresight in his item selection earlier. it'd been the only one that stood out to him, and confused him, all in one go.
[break][break]
with a brief shining of light, a marowak stands before him. greyson slowly fits the PROTECTIVE PAD snugly around the pokemon, then stands back.
[break][break]
in a dash of tiny little feet, the pokemon uses BONE RUSH, barraging the protected little bugger with TWO strikes.

[attr="class","ooc"] | | [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-marowak"]

[newclass=".snu"]--accent:#0093af; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:10px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 6:18:15 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
eva’s HYPER BEAM glowed in his eyes, widened at the power behind her choice of attack. two strikes after that was well enough, maybe—but he’d already sat out one round. he wasn’t going to do it again so soon.

”just in case, then: cradily, ANCIENT POWER power!”

a ball was tossed, and his blossoming fossil was soon swaying before the opponent, suctioned to the ground. from within its petal-like appendages, in the dark hole of what looked to be its face, it glowed. silver energy shimmered and exploded against the togedemaru.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 20:21:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","userPkmn"]
[attr="class","userHealth"]
[attr="class","userHP GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]07: POLTEAGEIST

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]

BRN

challenge
[break]
THE WEAK ARMOR POLTEAGEIST HAS USED SUBSTITUTE.[break]
CAUSE THE POLTEAGEIST TO EAT ITS SITRUS BERRY WITHOUT DMG.[break]
PREVENT THE POLTEAGEIST FROM HEALING.[break]
DO NOT BREAK/DAMAGE THE SUBSTITUTE.[break]
HIT THE POLTEAGEIST WITHOUT AFFECTING ITS STATS.[break]

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r8m8ee7VCP1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break]
"Battle Villa Rewards" - Pokémon Masters OST

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU ASCEND TO THE SEVENTH CHALLENGE; HOWEVER, THE NEXT FLOOR IS AN UNEXPECTED DEPARTURE FROM THE PREVIOUS TIERS. It is pitch black, save for a few candles scattered about the room. They illuminate the arena and reveal a Polteageist floating in its center. Its owner is obscured in the pitch— but when she speaks, the voice can be determined as feminine.[break][break]

From her chair, she speaks, "congratulations on climbing this far. the dark is comforting isn't it? you're concealed by prying eyes. anonymity is an oft forgotten blessing, as we've realized by way of the ultra beast war." She talks calmly, voice enunciating each syllable with refined clarity and tone. Any attempts to identify her will be futile, for the darkness around her seems... impenetrable. "your challenges will become more complex from this point forward. consider this to be the great filter of the fleur tea atelier."[break][break]

She explains the challenge.[break][break]

Around the room, there is no inscription visible.

INSTRUCTIONS

• Each Pokemon can only use ONE MOVE; some Pokemon may opt not to use any moves.
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 1:45:39 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","snu"]
[attr="class","top"]

the next floor is a stark difference to the routine they'd built up. only the feminine voice pulls his ever-wandering attention onto something concrete.
[break][break]
this challenge would require more forethought than the last, and he takes a moment to consider his options. he could do a number of things to assist the team, but...
[break][break]
"i'll handle the recovery aspect," he says, releasing a masculine delphox, "fall - MAGIC ROOM!" the darkness around them keeps the cube of sky-blue energy hidden, but he can feel the tangible power around him. the healing effects of that berry were effectively NEGATED. hell, it'd probably taste as bad as a protein bar, now.
[break][break]
"matias, you're up!"
[break][break]
wait, what was that about an ultra beast war?

[attr="class","ooc"] | | [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-delphox"]

[newclass=".snu"]--accent:#0093af; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:10px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".snu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,053 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 1:57:00 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

with no inscription visible, matias focuses on the challenge instead.[break][break]

"good job, greyson!"[break][break]

with the path now made clear by MAGIC ROOM, matias calls out his polteageist, pointing only to realize it probably can't see him.[break][break]

"let's drink some tea~!"[break][break]

and so commences the TEATIME.

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-polteageist"]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 2:47:16 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
it was dark in the next room. the voice of a woman called their attention to more shadows, only wavering the lightest bit over shapes from candlelight. this was fucking weird. he wasn’t big on mysteries, with everything that had happened recently.

with the hair on the back of his neck raised, he went to consult with his team prior to their attack. soon, he was releasing a chandelure per .

”OVERHEAT.”

through the permeating darkness, a phantom fire engulfed the teapot like a kiln.
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 3:42:02 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 This room engulfs them in darkness. It’s a stark contrast from the previous floors. Eva sticks close to , keeping within reach of her beau. The feminine voice congratulates them, but she finds her words disturbing.

The Ultra Beast War? Eva tenses, growing uneasy. Hadn’t she just spoken to about this?

This floor certainly proves to be more challenging than the last. Organized teamwork is required for this task. Luckily, lends her something to help the team along. She releases the Noibat in a flash that briefly lights the darkness. She was hoping to get a glimpse of the woman but the darkness is unrelenting. Oh well.

”Hurricane!” the Noibat INFILTRATES the pokemon’s Substitute, and strikes with draconic power.

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2022 1:18:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]08: PROTECT & PSN

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]

BRN

challenge
[break]
AVOID BEING POISONED BY THE TOXIC SPIKES UPON ENTRY.[break]
CLEAR THE TOXIC SPIKES FROM THE FIELD.[break]
POISON THE IMMINENTLY ATTACKING DRAGALGE USING A CONTACT MOVE[break]
(YOU CAN CHOOSE WHICH PKMN IT HITS)[break]
BY USING A PROTECTION MOVE.

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r9sipcNOHN1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break]
"Shadow Triad Encounter" - Pokémon BW2 OST

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU MANEUVER THROUGH THE DARK TO THE EIGHTH CHALLENGE. It is dark here too, save for the fading light of waning candles. The trainer ahead of you has their Dragalge before them.[break][break]

TOXIC SPIKES are scattered across the Fleur Tea Atelier's floor. You can hear the sound of a coin being flipped before it is pocketed.[break][break]

"i thought my time was being wasted here— but i finally have some visitors." The voice is muffled somewhat, obscured by some covering of fabric across the mouth. Then again, it is impossible to discern who this person is in the dark. "here's your challenge. if you fail, don't cry when you go home empty-handed. springtime blessing, bah."[break][break]

The mysterious man explains the challenge. Any attempts to find or identify him through light or physical touch will result in him disappearing into the dark.[break][break]

Around the room, there is no inscription visible.

TIP: if there are characters or pokemon left who have yet to act, but have not participated in the completion of a challenge, feel free to have them knock out the opposing pokemon.

INSTRUCTIONS

[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 3:37:57 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva frowns as the darkness continues into . . more darkness. There is no other inscription, just another complicated challenge she can barely make out through the dim light.

Poisonous spike threaten to keep them away, but luckily Matias had gifted her a pokemon that could help with that. She doesn’t bother to answer the obscured voice – they won’t be going home empty handed.

A pokeball opens, temporarily illuminating the darkness. A Swanna hovers effortless over the sharp points, “Clear these spikes!" the Swanna flutters forward, stirring up a strong wind to clear the path and DEFOG the threat for the others to safely move forward.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 3:07:35 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
he felt like he was in one of those horror mansions you pay $10 to see in October. admittedly, the vibes were kinda immaculate.

the challenge is difficult once more, and finds gimself pondering its meaning. when he figures it out, greyson realizes he's ill prepared.

that's when Matias tosses him one of his. "Just cause I'm leading the team, doesn't mean you need to call me sir," he complains half-heartedly to his friend, "but thanks for this."

calling out the wingull, he orders it to strike. a gushing, juicy SOAK covers the other pokemon, changing it to a WATER TYPE.

hopefully his trainer would get him a towel
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,053 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2022 16:50:25 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"no problem, sir."[break][break]

with the dragalge now changed to a pure water-type with SOAK, it leaves it susceptible to toxapex's BANEFUL BUNKER. poison seeps into dragalge's seaweed-like skin, tainting it an unnatural shade of purple.[break][break]

turning to , matias gives the ranger captain a thumbs up.[break][break]

"all clear for you to knock it out, sir."

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-toxapex"]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
TIERED TEA ROOM #5
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 0:34:40 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
bo’s brow furrowed at the voice across the room. a bit edgy for a cute little tea joint, but surely it was part of the performance.

”good job, matias,” he praised.

”sigilyph, your turn. PSYCHIC.”

the psychic-type was released, hovering in front of the dragalge. purple-pink energy glowed, though suppressed by deep shadow. it lifted the dragon into the air further and slammed it down into the ground hard.