awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
the registeel in the room
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2022 11:36:00 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
At one end of the long table resided Derek and his Sobble, who looked worriedly at it's trainer as he sat quietly with tented fingers. Every chair at the conference table, currently empty, was provided with a copy of the reports logged and filed on behalf of the rangers present during the incident at LEAGUE BARRACKS 2B. Likewise, they wouldn't be needing copies of the other reports they made themselves quite some time ago.

Some of the rangers there that day were asked to be present in order to answer for any particular portions of the report (though it wasn't mandatory). It was the other witnesses called upon that were, more or less, being forced to make an appearance. After all, this gathering might benefit them as much as it would the rangers.

Knowing his superior all too well, Derek had ensured an abundance of alcohol would be present. He'd already fashioned a drink for himself, akin to a whiskey sour, which was half empty by the time any of them arrived. For those who harbored an appetite? Fiore's Finest gourmet pizza from a newly opened restaurant in Slateport was sitting on a hotplate, smelling of the many native ingredients that made their pizza the latest hit.
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 14:49:16 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","top"]

Katherine's had all the closure she needed concerning the titan's tomb. A night spent drinking with gave the experience a proper finale: it was a shitshow.
[break][break]
So naturally, this wasn't needed. It was pointless. Agreeing to a meeting to rehash a story that Katherine had relived in her mind countless times would have been meaningless.
[break][break]
And yet, here she was, likely the first arrival out of many.
[break][break]
Lured by the stories of others, the potential missing pieces for her puzzle, she arrives with an intent to discover what it is that she'd been fostering in the distortion world.
[break][break]
"Oh."
[break][break]
imagine her disappointment when she sees that was the only person in the room other than her. "Am I early or is no one else coming?"

[attr="class","ooc"] @registeelintheroom [break]

[attr="class","pkmnparty"]

[newclass=".katherine"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote"]width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:13px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote b, .katherine blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .katherine blockquote b { font:13px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote img"]filter:grayscale(1%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine blockquote img:hover { transition:0.6s all; filter:none [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:480px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; border-top:1px solid; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .pkmnparty"]margin-top:-20px; text-align:center; } .katherine .pkmnparty img { filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine .pkmnparty img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.6s all; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 15:22:50 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"...Good evening." But of course, out of all those who could arrive first, it was her. Though not enough was known about the individual, her attitude towards others suggested a 'doesn't play nice' demeanor. Something that both was and wasn't beneficial to the meeting, or the league in general. It sort of depended on the subject matter, didn't it?

"And yes, you're the first to arrive. I may be the one here to head the meeting as it was my initiative, but it's the league who requested your presence. So please, don't blow it off just because you seem to be the only one whose punctual, Fairburne."

For all he thought of her at the dinner with , when he thought about it, this was actually rather curious she would be the first to show. "There's new material for you to consider, if you'd be so polite as to take a seat and take a gander at one of the ranger dockets."

Inside she would be able to see what transpired at League Barracks 2B. Events that had yet to be known to the public, for they happened far out of sight of anyone.

ooc: nobody has actually suggested the presence of registeel, it is derek alone who understands that the beeping sounds were those of a pokemon he'd seen long ago while partnered with for a routine mission underground. she has not been seen since. the timeline of this thread is roughly one week after the events at league barracks 2b.
THE REGISTEEL IN THE ROOM
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2022 19:42:18 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
He wasn't all too keen to dig up past graves, long buried beneath blood-stained sand.

Money had taken the edge off returning to the desert last time. Persuaded into reliving the origin point of his nightmares for a price he'd deemed worthwhile.

This time, the only paper Angelo had received is one of demands with a fancy, official League emblazoned header.

He had fought the temptation to set it alight with Salamence fire right then and there. Their attempt to force him here, to steer his direction, had been utterly unnecessary...

But he doesn't decline.  

Just because they didn't offer anything in writing, didn't mean that Angelo couldn't leave the meeting with something of value.

Whether that be information, a promise of business connections or just some free drinks, he'd make his time here worth the trip. 

Approaching the restaurant on a casual, intentionally unrushed stride, Angelo looks to the back of a scarred hand beneath the glow of a street light.

There, the name that he'd hastily scrawled this morning to remind himself has become illegible, ink smudged from a day's hard work beneath the sun.

's name now reads... Derk. Derk O'Man. 

His lips quirk slightly in petty amusement.

Hey.

When Angelo enters, his expression is easy and relaxed. Blue eyes fall upon first, greeting her with a nod. They'd only really met one another in passing, by this point.

, he didn't know. Must be 'Derk'.

I'm Angelo. Guessing you're the one who's been assigned to play host tonight?” He holds out his hand towards him, lips quirk into a lazy, knowing smile.

Good luck.

Clearly Angelo had been enlightened to League gatherings by this point.

@registeelintheroom
[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2022 0:10:46 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"please," with an eye-roll, Katherine settles into a seat despite Derek's eagerness to chastise her already. "I'm the first to make it, am I not? Spare me the lecture, love. I am not blowing anything off."
[break][break]
It's hard not to be the villain in everyone's story when she's already treated as such, but besides, Katherine never shied away from the role. She certainly seemed to enjoy the attention at the very least.
[break][break]
"And to think I actually thought that would get you people under control. What is it with you rangers and your inability to treat your superiors with respect, hrm?"
[break][break]
She opens the docket just before arrives to steal her attention.
[break][break]
"Ah, I never thought I'd say this but... It's good to see you, Angelo," surprisingly, she's not being sarcastic. "I was scared I'd have to deal with all these rangers by myself." Her eyes flutter several times before she realizes that the pilot attended the meeting all by himself, "Wait."
[break][break]
"Skyler's also coming, right?"

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[newclass=".katherine blockquote"]width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:13px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote b, .katherine blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .katherine blockquote b { font:13px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote img"]filter:grayscale(1%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine blockquote img:hover { transition:0.6s all; filter:none [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:480px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; border-top:1px solid; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .pkmnparty"]margin-top:-20px; text-align:center; } .katherine .pkmnparty img { filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine .pkmnparty img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.6s all; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2022 1:09:20 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

”deal with us, huh?”

bo arrived, looking a touch more mischievous than usual as he caught the tail-end of ’s reprimanding. their lunch hadn’t happened yet, unfortunately. in person, he hadn’t seen her since the night her whimsicott trent had broken into his house. 

his smirk leveled out quickly enough, replaced with something more respectful as he greeted the room, ”how’s it goin’.”

casually, he went for pizza, appetite clearly not impeded by the emotional memories of what had brought them all here. maybe it was how he coped.

as he passed by, a hand went out to pat on the shoulder.

”hoffman.”

he didn't stop to expand on his acknowledgement, focused on fixing himself a plate, but the tone was there. they'd shared a tragedy.
@registeelintheroom
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2022 5:00:10 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
She makes sure to arrive after the agreed upon hour. Well, agreed would be too strong a word for the summons she'd received. It'd been more akin to having her arm twisted behind her back. Politely, of course.

Truthfully, the captain had nearly send the invitation to the depths, and good riddance. She wouldn't have thought about it twice either, except for the fact that apparently some of her good friends were to attend.

Angelo too, for some Arceus damned reason.

So when she arrives, it's with storm-tossed eyes and a knife-sharp smile whetted on a low simmering fury, which seems far too easy to stir as of late. Unwilling to pretend and play nice for the sake of it when she'd been all but coerced into attending.

At least, she thinks, there's booze. And food.

She finds first, doing a small detour to procure herself an approppriately strong drink before lightly sliding her fingers across the pilot's biceps in lieu of greeting. Affection spills past the cracks in her mercurial mood, there one moment and gone the next as she acknowledges the other people in the room.

Catching the tail end of 's question, Skyler's mouth twists into a sardonic grin. "Unfortunately."

and the other ranger - huh, she's pretty sure she's seen him before ( ) - are given a short salute and a 'cheers' before the captain downs the drink.

If this is anything like any other League meetings she's had the misfortune of attending, she won't make till the end of it sober.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2022 11:19:54 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

A meeting with the Rangers. [break][break]

Sounded interesting as this didn't seem to happen often. Last big meet up they had it was a party thanks to but this seemed much more official. He was a few minutes late but seeing as he does always have to report into Rose in the morning who decided to go on and on about some eggant berry juice he had or something it wasn't too surprising. [break][break]

As he arrives he takes in the people of the room and glad that he is on good terms with most of them. Though Salem perks up at the food in the room as the Meowstic moves to pick a seat for them near because of course the cat wants to sit near his Dragon Rider rival. After Salem grabs himself a piece as Razz moves to the seat.[break][break]

"Afternoon," he simply greets to everyone there, his tone professional as there is a captain in the room. Noting the report he takes hold of it, "This is why we're brought here right?" he questions as he opens the folder to skim it over.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 9:38:12 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

One would wonder—

Where was the last person they were all waiting for?

To be honest, he’d actually come from another part of the city, holding a paper bag that clinked with the sound of bottles within.

If today was going to be a long day, and he certainly hoped it wasn’t—

It was imperative that he bring along something alcoholic.

He couldn’t fault about this meeting, though—and then he saw who else was showing up… mamma mia. So this was going to be talking about—that, huh?

He knew that he’d already sought some form of closure about this entire thing with Katherine, having already filed this damned experience under ‘I’d rather fucking forget this, but can’t forget because I almost fucking died underground during this entire shit show’ and now someone wanted to bring everything all up again?

Holy shit…

At least they weren’t meeting underground. That was the lone consolation about this entire thing. Either way—

He showed up late, wondering if he wasn’t too late to this entire thing…

At least everyone who appeared were people he was familiar with. He could already feel this sense of dread settling down as he took one of the last unoccupied seats and pulled out one of the two tequila bottles from the paper bag, and fished out a couple of shot glasses from the paper bag as well.

“You better have a good reason why you’d want to talk about this, Derek…” he drawled as he poured himself a shot and knocked it back in one, before sliding a filled shot glass towards Sky.

Hoo boy.

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 12:40:01 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
"I am." Derek gives a nod to Angelo as they make their awaited entrance, offering the ranger some words of good fortune. "...Thanks."

In contrast to his trainer, Jonesy seems to shy away after all the things 'the mean girl' had to say. She had a commanding presence, attitude, and much more that encourages the meek Sobble to give into his cowardice. It's place atop the table was now vacated, instead choosing to hide on the headrest of Derek's seat, ducking behind him whenever she looked their way.

Likewise, Derek couldn't help but give an expression that asked 'are you done yet?' towards Katherine. Her desire for respect was apparently great, but always seemed to lack reciprocation whether offended first or otherwise. His words may have been viewed as a slight, but it was the fact he valued her presence here that he spoke in such a manner. Perhaps she'd be more agreeable if he sounded desperate, doubtful as it was.

Fairburne's mentions of Lars also go without verbal retort. Whatever she thought the head ranger should've been doing, it wasn't something for Derek to entertain. If they ever tried to put a leash around his neck, he'd sooner choke and drag than obey. He joined the rangers as a service to Hoenn, not for rank.

These thoughts are interrupted when four more members of this meeting make their way in through the door, hardly separate from one another in their timing. The ranger captain gets an affirming nod as they acknowledge one another, while the others are greeted directly when they arrive. "Dross. Kingsman. Anderson."

The fourth, and last in such a short interval happens to be his boss. An unbecoming gripe escapes their open maw, which downs a shot before offering one to Skyler. "It's not ideal, but I think you'll understand why I wanted you all to be here."

Adjusting himself to sit upright, Derek opens his docket while answering the question posed to him. "For the most part, yes. The first two pages cover what we saw during the planned investigation at the barracks, which contained some of 's pokemon." Past tense because now they were on the loose. "As far as we know, they're still at large." The brevity of this portion denoted everything of significance, though wasted little time on minute details.

"If you flip to the next side, you'll see what we encountered deep in the woods of Fortree's route 120 after receiving a distress call. Well, there were many at the time, but this call in particular brought us here." Pointing to the paper, an area that none had laid eyes on could be seen in the photo, as well as some kind of barrier surrounding the temple in the center.

Those in the room were likely privy to the knowledge of what that barrier was, or what it did. Not that Derek and them had no clue, but a better understanding of it's nuances would be of use. "Do you all recall something similar, or does this example differ in some way?"

ooc:
- derek acknowledges everyone
- begins presenting the ranger team's findings (ultra beasts, etc)
- elaborates on the dynergy phenomenon some don't fully understand
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 14:28:24 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
He's met with the fluttering eyes of one , the pilot stepping right into the midst of the Elite Four exuding the commanding, sharp edge of her presence onto their poor ol' host.

Likewise, it's good to see you.” Angelo simply smiles with an air of mischief, unconcerned by the twinge of bitterness in the air. “Never would've pinned you as the type to be scared of socialisation. Or is it just the Rangers specifically?”  

As she questions the arrival of his significant other, fingertips brushing against his bicep in a familiar greeting has Angelo's attention diverting.

She's - Ah, speak of the devil.

Shards of blue, softened at the corners, crinkle in 's direction. And there for but a slow blink, sentiments are silently mirrored.

He wasn't happy about the circumstances of their attendance, either. But unlike her grievances worn bold on her sleeve, Angelo's fosters beneath the surface of his skin, unseen and intrenched with whetted intentions.

Guess I better get at the drinks while I have the chance, now that you're here,” he grins with a flirtatious roll of his tongue towards Skyler, so easy and effortless.

You want anything, Katherine?” An offer is extended to the Elite Four member (after all, he's not paying), the pilot reaching for the bottles on display.

He pours himself a generous glass of whisky, neat, while others begin to trickle into attendance.

First comes a face that Angelo knows should be familiar, but as isn’t referred to as ‘Mr Maher!!’ in the echo of a cave, recognition doesn’t click.

and Salem sit beside him, the young ranger filing straight into business mode, ever dutiful.

Next files in , sounding very much like he’d rather be anywhere else. Although Angelo’s more questioning over why he'd bring his own drink supply when they had free booze on tap, rather than the Head Ranger's dismissive greeting.

As Derek begins his explanation Angelo reclines, takes a sip of whisky and reaches out to ruffle the fur between Salem’s ears. A lazy eye following the dossier contents…

And lingering on the picture of a temple. His interest somewhat piqued.

@registeelintheroom
[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 0:22:42 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"It's the rangers specifically. They tend to think they know everything—" Katherine answers just as enters the room, her eyes fluttering rapidly. She didn't think he'd be here, but then again, she shouldn't be so surprised. He was a ranger, and Derek provided them with a file with the names of those involved.
[break][break]
"..Hey. Erm, yeah. I guess I should've mentioned that I am not a big fan of your coworkers, huh?" however, it's hard to lead with that after breaking into someone's house.
[break][break]
At the offer of a drink, she merely nods and adds, "sure, whatever you're having is fine." It's delivered just in time for Derek to begin questioning them, drawing out a sigh from the woman.
[break][break]
It's going to be a long meeting, isn't it?
[break][break]
"There was something similar in the tomb, yeah," she confirms reluctantly, "but i doubt any of us know what it was." she didn't. And knowing her company? Neither did they. "I'm more concerned about the ultra beasts. Why were they there?" intrigued might be a better way to phrase it.

[attr="class","ooc"] @people [break]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-one
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmer?
retired ranger captain
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,098 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 7:33:25 GMT
boruta maher Avatar

bo chuckled at ’s explanation sending her a grin. ”that’s alright. some of them are an acquired taste, i’ll give you that.”

he didn’t recognize until he sat down. when the realization hit him, it was only when an equally familiar blonde, , brushed against the pilot. she was the one from the bonfire, with leaves in her hair. the angry one.

of course she was with the guy that had nearly killed him on accident. with an aerodactyl. of course he remembered the face.

and oh, bo’s poor aerodactyl... none of these were great memories.

averting his stare, he took a bite of pizza, sitting drinkless, not much for alcohol—especially after @hei had stopped by that one day recently and pressured him into too much scotch.

entered, and bo acknowledged him with a nod, still finishing his food. then arrived, bottles clinking in a paper bag. he had not yet drunk with lars, or seen him drunk for that matter, but he’d heard of the man’s affinity for tequila. he looked stressed. bo couldn’t blame him. same as to razz, he nodded in his direction.

wiping off his hands very thoroughly, he opened the report, and listened to begin his recounting of that terrible day.

at ’s question, he answered from across the table, ”maybe they were attracted to that barrier for some reason, or that temple.” had that temple been there before? he didn’t want to ask. the last thing he wanted was to look unfamiliar with the scene. ”my aerodactyl got sucked right into it. maybe it has some kind of pull on the pokémon. like gravity, or something like that.”
@registeelintheroom
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 9:06:41 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
It seems Angelo's concerns regarding their lack of sufficient alcohol are unfounded, especially when slides a tequila shot her way from across the table. "Nice to see you too, spiky," she drawls, raising her glass briefly with a quicksilver smirk before downing it in one go.

is treated to a grin and a small wave that is meant more for the mischievous feline that follows after him and stations himself next to .

People gather around the table, and chatter dies down as presents the information. Whatever festering storm had been brewing beneath sun-kissed skin is (mostly) put aside to make way for sharp scrutiny. Silver eyes quickly skim through the report. 

Without really meaning to, she finds her gaze drawn to the picture of a forest-bound temple. Greed rears its ugly head as she wonders at what could possibly be hidden inside...

Leaning back against the chair, Skyler's boots hit the table with a silent 'thump', allowing the conversation to flow around her. The mention of Ultra Beasts creates a crease between her brows, however.  "These Ultra Beasts - were they normal-sized? Or bigger than usual?" 

She has to make an effort not to look at . Subterfuge had never one of her best qualities, but maybe she'd learn yet.

During the war, the captain had seen bloated, building-sized Nihilego. Fought against them. And she'd witnessed the same phenomenon again, within the Regirock Temple. It could be a coincidence, but it wasn't very likely.

close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 16:18:40 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Questions were directed towards the Ultra Beasts, and though Boruta answered, there was some small amount of information he hadn't been privy to. "I can't speak to the exact reasons why." Things had gone from bad to worse to fucking crazy in as little as an hour or two. Due to the nature of the distress call, Derek hadn't the time to properly drop off the evidence and info gathered during their time at the crime scene.

"But it appeared they either broke out from where Bailey's pokemon were held, or someone broke in. There were smaller footprints present, which have yet to be properly examined. All of our efforts have been directed towards dealing with the poison trailing from the scene, the injured, and, well...the others." At least for him and Bo, there were those that needed buried. For a Johto native that took priority. "But the trail leading to the temple was riddled with apparent conflict between the two beasts."

Hoping this was adequate enough for the moment, Derek turns over to Skyler. This time his answer would be more precise.. "Both. The Ultra Beasts seemed to grow when they breached the barrier, whereas our pokemon...didn't take it well." A separate article of paper is tossed to the table for them to pass around or check from their seat, revealing photos of Derek's Charizard in a pile, mostly inside-out.

"That's why I was hoping some of you may have more insight on the barrier. It seems to have great effect on pokemon, but my worries also reside in the possibility it may be able to harm people as well. Can any of you speak to that, or should I move on to the next part?"