awards
249 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cade
Cade Atreides
THE MAINSTAGE (SPLASHFEST)
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 3:58:26 GMT
Cade Atreides Avatar

"I don't think it's proper to invite someone you don't know out just like that. Despite your Pokémon clearly having good choices."

Oh? Cade turns to acknowledge the man who's stepped forward out of caution for 's safety. A little perplexed and shocked, sure, but not insulted. "My apologies to you both if that was a bit too forward," He responds over the roar of the crowd. "It seems I'm still learning to navigate the customs of this region."

PALDEA, of course, was different from Hoenn in many ways. These differences went far beyond such things as the prevalence of fútbol and siestas. It included the general behavior of its people, too. Even without the DOME having trapped him in here, however, Cade would have COPED. He always did.

Regardless, just before he unclips his ball to return his Oricorio to him, the young woman speaks. Her laughter breaks the awkward silence that had been building. He smiles back, and his hand parts from the moon ball against his hip. "Yes, I certainly don't mind the company." He adds, offering an approving nod.

Reaching out for a handshake, he introduces himself. "My name is . And you two must be... siblings, right?" The young man certainly gave off a protective older brother vibe, anyway.

TL;DR

♛ participate by INCOPORATING OR QUOTING the TERAVOLT lyrics above &/OR BY INCORPORATING THE THEME OF "COPING" in your post in some fashion - 1 CROWN (REDEEMABLE ONCE)
💎 apologizes and introduces himself to both and ; invites to come along with them, too

MAINSTAGE + SOFÍA

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
Diamond sparrow, my moonlight majesty, come flying back to me.
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 9:09:58 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","danny"]
[attr="class","top"]

danny suddenly feels dread when he locks eyes with . shit. it's not surprising that he'd run into familiar faces here but he was really hoping not to.[break][break]

how will he ever cope with this?[break][break]

"um—yes! yes, let's get drinks."[break][break]

good timing. he reaches for 's hand and tugs her towards the bar.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-heracross"]

[newclass=".danny"]--accent:#ada3ab; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".danny .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 9:54:56 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[googlefont=Fira+Sans|Playfair+Display]
[attr="class","bbb"]"far more than yours, surprisingly."

but not too surprising considering two of them are siblings. in fact, most of the rocket higher-ups are rather close to each other, so in that regard they triumph over the league.

he supposes the league will just have to cope with that somehow.

"and among the council? how do you get on with each other?"

falling like ashes the the ground, ground

[newclass=.bbb b]color:#d5d5d5;font-family:playfair display;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Marsh, Slade
he / him
April 12
Castelia City, Unova
bisexual
Orthrus gang member
civilian
126 height
126 height
i like the feel of gettin' dirty / i like the feel of high octane
awards
348 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marshall
Marshall Slade
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 10:06:00 GMT
Marshall Slade Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marshallpost"]
[attr="class","marshallposttext"]

"Allrightallrightallright, this is how it went down," Marshall shouted at over the noise of Teravolt's music and audience's cheering. "So Tam and I were in Lilycove at the fish market, right? Getting lunch and stuff, when this massive, and I mean massive flock of Wingulls appeared out of nowhere."[break][break]

He spread his arms to emphasize the size, though the gesture was awkward with how many people were jostling them.[break][break]

"They swoop down to steal the crayfish we bought for lunch when WHAM!" With a wide grin, Marshall punched his own palm at the same time. "Tam just fucking clocks one right in the head with a fist!"[break][break]

The music intensified, the sung lyrics drowning out all other sounds.[break][break]

It's a lie, a kiss with open eyes[break]
And she's not breathing back[break]
Anything but bother me[break]
(It takes my pain away)[break]
Never mind these are horrid times[break]
Oh, oh, oh[break]
I can't let it bother me
[break][break]

Marshall ignored the song, however, as he finished relaying the story to Noah. "Of course, I had to get some swings in myself — what kinda friend would I be if I let my buddy Tam do all the hard work? We chase away the Wingulls eventually and get our crayfish back, and that's that."[break][break]

He beamed, first at Noah and then at Tam. And then, unable to contain it anymore, he burst out laughing. "Okay, okay, so our Pokémon helped a lot. Still, it was fucking heroic."

[break]

[attr="class","marshallpostooc"]
[break]

NOTES

+ The Mainstage[break]
+ 👑 for quoting the Teravolt song lyrics

[googlefont=Roboto Flex]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.marshallpost]--accent:#D45A40;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marshallpost]font:13px Roboto Flex;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallposttext b"]color:var(--accent); } .marshallpost .marshallposttext a { font:13px Roboto Flex;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .marshallpost .marshallposttext i { color:var(--accent); } .marshallpost .marshallposttext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostooc"]} .marshallpost .marshallpostooc b { color:var(--accent); } .marshallpost .marshallpostooc a { font:13px Roboto Flex;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .marshallpost .marshallpostooc i { color:var(--accent); } .marshallpost .marshallpostooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .marshallpost .marshallpostooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 11:41:20 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He was still busy hiding under the sunflower umbrella working his way through another ice cream sandwich.

Look, it was maybe his way of coping with the heat because holy mcfucking shit the summer sun bearing down on them was literally toasting him alive, despite so many layers of sunblock at this point.

“How much—how much extra sunblock you got there?” he asked the other around a mouthful of ice cream and cookie.

“I feel like I’m baking. And yes, I already applied enough sunblock on myself I feel like I’m on a kebab grill just marinating in the fucking heat,” he added with a pointed eyeroll as he reached for yet another ice cream sandwich.

• coping with the heat, by devouring so many ice cream sandwiches (theme prompt)

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 14:57:30 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Ah, there he was!
[Break][break]
Penelope's eyes brightened as she saw the familiar blonde emerge from the crowd. Beside him stood a taller, darker man -- the brooding type, maybe?
[Break][break]
Turning, she gave both and a lopsided smile. "Gotta go. But let's try to catch up later then, okay?" For a second, this giddy smile dimmed, replaced by a flash of consolement. Hopefully the night would lighten up for the doctor.
[Break][break]
When she turned back, she's already in a mini jog across the remaining space between herself and . "Hey," she beamed, "I'm glad you could make it."
[Break][break]
Though, with this new found proximity came newfound questions. Specifically, questions about the unknown man beside him. "Ah, hello, I don't believe we've met. I'm ."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] + [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,434 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 15:26:53 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Well, whoever had sung about, he could only hope things went well for her. If this was how she coped with a messy breakup, then he wouldn’t stop her.

As for himself? He was still trying to cope with everything that he’d gone through the past few months. Massive revelations and losses of some of his Pokemon were a tough combination to deal with, and even he was questioning how he was able to stay sane through all of it. Perhaps spending time with his other Pokemon had been helping out a lot, yet there were many lingering doubts running through him. And with so many of his friends gone or preoccupied, he was short on people to talk this stuff over with.

And he didn’t feel like doing it here. Not in the middle of what was supposed to be a giant celebration. He didn’t want to bring everyone down.

Going back home was becoming more and more appealing. But he knew the moment he went back, his parents would chain him there, and he wasn’t even sure if that would be purely metaphorical at this point. He could only wonder how his parents were coping with everything going on, on top of searching for him.

Were they handling things better than him?

1 Crown for referencing "coping"

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,315 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 15:55:11 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","currage"]
[attr="class","currage1"]
[attr="class","curragetop"]
[attr="class","curragelyric"]

take it down
break it open spread the pieces all around

[attr="class","currageimg"]
[attr="class","currageimg2"]

[attr="class","currageimg3"]

[attr="class","curragetag"]

written for @ mainstage

[break][break][break]
[attr="class","curragepost"]

She came to the Mainstage in disguise. Not for any real reason other than she was, honestly, tired of all the Splashfest antics, all the familiarity and the fun, and a little hungover to boot. The red hair looked good on her, made her look younger, less tired, somehow.
[break][break]
Dahlia’s speech was… "Utter bullshit,” Cyg mumbled, under her breath, uncapping her bottle of water and taking a long pull. It actually was water, this time. Another thing that made her basically unrecognizable in the crowd.
[break][break]
Melody started singing and she tuned most of it out. The bubblegum-haired songstress was not Cyg’s favorite musician, nice enough though she seemed. She did perk up a bit when Teravolt came on but had to move away from the stage because it was just so loud and her head hurt.
[break][break]
Leaning over the table she said, ”I need something wimpy,” and though the attendant had a confused face, she pulled back and began a concoction of peach schnapps and sprite. While Cyg waited for her drink, she stared out into the crowd, spotting a few different, familiar faces: , surrounded by people; a brief glance at as the throng of people broke and revealed him close to the stage. Everyone is surrounded by people. Everyone seems… happy, at this party for the end of the world.
[break][break]
She takes her drink with thanks and exchanges tickets, cutting across the ruffled edges of the main host, out to where the air was cooler and she could actually breathe.

[attr="class","curragebot"]hi i wanted crowns [break]
+ 1 crown for reacting to dahlia[break]
open to interactions -- she's in disguise because I wanted to use one of lux's skins LMAO
[attr="class","curragebot3"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
[googlefont=Roboto Condensed:400,700]
[googlefont=Mr Dafoe]

[newclass=.currage]padding:19px;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;background-color:#f3f3f3;width:502px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.currage1]padding:5px;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;background-color:#f7f7f7;color:#444444;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragetop]background-color:#af2718;background: linear-gradient(to bottom right,#af2718, #E45946);-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 0, 100% 100%, 0 75%);-moz-
clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 0, 100% 100%, 0 75%);clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 0, 100% 100%, 0 75%);padding:65px 45px 75px 0px;height:50px;color:#ffffff;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px rgba(0,0,0,.05);text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragelyric]font:50px Mr Dafoe;line-height:40px;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragelyric div]font:bold 10px Roboto;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;padding-top:1px;padding-right:5px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragelyric div span]margin-right:23px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.currageimg]height:110px;width:110px;padding:15px;background-color:rgba(245,245,245,.35);border-radius:100%;margin:-135px 0px 10px 40px;position:relative;z-index:10;[/newclass]
[newclass=.currageimg2]border-top:dotted 5px transparent;border-right:dotted 5px #ffffff;border-left:dotted 5px #ffffff;border-bottom:dotted 5px transparent;border-radius:100%;height:130px;width:130px;margin:-15px;position:absolute;-webkit-animation: LILIKASPIN 7s linear infinite; -moz-animation: LILIKASPIN 7s linear infinite; -o-animation: LILIKASPIN 7s linear infinite; animation: LILIKASPIN 7s linear infinite;[/newclass]
[newclass=.currageimg3]height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;background-color:#ffffff;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.currageimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragetag]font:bold 11px Roboto;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:10px;color:#cccccc;float:left;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;background-color:#f3f3f3;border-radius:5px;padding:14px;margin-left:40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragetag a]font:bold 11px Roboto!important;line-height:10px;color:#af2718!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragepost]padding:15px 40px 35px 40px;font:10px Verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragepost font]font:bold 11px Roboto;color:#af2718;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragepost b]font:bold 11px Roboto;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragepost i]font:11px Roboto;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragebot]border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;background-color:#f3f3f3;padding:19px;font:bold 11px Roboto;text-align:right;color:#bbbbbb;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 40px -30px 85px;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragebot3]background-color:#af2718;height:80px;background: linear-gradient(to bottom right,#E45946, #af2718);-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 60%, 100% 100%, 0 100%);-moz-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 60%, 100% 100%, 0 100%);clip-path: polygon(0 0, 100% 60%, 100% 100%, 0 100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.curragee] }@keyframes LILIKASPIN { 0% { -ms-transform: rotate(0deg); -moz-transform: rotate(0deg); -webkit-transform: rotate(0deg); -o-transform: rotate(0deg); transform: rotate(0deg); } 100% { -ms-transform: rotate(360deg); -moz-transform: rotate(360deg); -webkit-transform: rotate(360deg); -o-transform: rotate(360deg); transform: rotate(360deg); }[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 16:21:08 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
He wondered how Alex could put down so many ice cream sandwiches and taiyaki without getting a brain freeze. Probably from the same genetic ability he possessed to drink an entire handle of unflavored vodka and not throw up or be the slightest bit drunk.

“A bunch,” he assured because he wouldn’t have forgotten it for the world. “I also have aloe, in case you do get burnt. But we can leave before that happens.” He finds Alex’s unused hand (the other busy shoveling cold snacks into his face) and weaves their fingers together, happy just to be.

And he realizes, with a warming fascination, that this is how he copes. By spending time, and taking care of, his favorite person. No matter what.

👑 - copium

close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 16:30:27 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”You telling me my Captain here, this holy man right here, fought a flock of Wingulls bare handed!?”
[break][break]
”That’s not–...”
[break][break]
"So Tam and I were in Lilycove at the fish market, right? Getting lunch and stuff, when this massive, and I mean massive flock of Wingulls appeared out of nowhere."
[break][break]
”It wasn’t–...”
[break][break]
"They swoop down to steal the crayfish we bought for lunch when WHAM! Tam just fucking clocks one right in the head with a fist!"
[break][break]
”Hm.” Tam stops himself this time, realising that there’s no point to his protests when he won’t even bother with shouting over the sound of the crowd. Heavily, he sighs, and while continues telling , , and the story of what supposedly happened back when they had lunch together at the Lilycove fish market, Tam gives him the most deadpan stare known to man. Unfazed and unimpressed.
[break][break]
”Yeah. That’s exactly what happened.” It’s said in the most matter-of-fact way possible, as if he had come to accept it as the truth. He hasn’t, of course, but this is easier, since at this point Tam is starting to feel like he needs another cigarette to cope with what this whole conversation is doing to him. Or, maybe a drink… or two... or three.
[break][break]
Why does socialising always have to be so exhausting?

[break][break]
[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Talking to Marshall, Xiura, Noah, and Nomi hehe[break][break]
Crown for incorporating COPING theme 🌟

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twt2] --accent: #688592; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 11.5px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 17:10:44 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He idly wondered if attending this concern out at the beach was his cousin’s way of coping with what had happened back in Sootopolis.

Sure, it put her within striking range of one of Hoenn’s biggest names in music, but…

Holy fucking shit, Callan, what was with the condiment abuse, man?!

Lars wanted to have a word with the other man because of that… strange… addiction to ketchup, of all things.

Idly, he reached for a Blue Hawaiian snow cone and began eating through it, his own way of coping with the heat. Ugh.

At least he didn’t get sunburned.

• ponders about what makes a coping mechanism, actually work (theme prompt)

with a mention of

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 21:32:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE MAINSTAGE

SPLASHFEST

the first go around was fine. the message is implicit. but as the conversation devolves into a repetition of lyrics, fernando starts to question if they’re on the same page.

COPING with his target audience, fernando breaks the peace once and for all.

lopez, you do realize that was a metaphor, right?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Zero

Ad
He/Him
May 21st
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
Pansexual
Private Investigator
Civilian
Open-eyed, burn the page, my little dark age.
awards
202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aidan
Aidan Hereford
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2022 23:36:32 GMT
Aidan Hereford Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","edgethorn"]
[attr="class","edgethorn-top"]

[attr="class","edgethorn-top-1"]
[attr="class","edgethorn-top-back-img"]

[attr="class","edgethorn-top-front-img"]

[attr="class","edgethorn-top-lyric"]EDGE
OF
THORNS

[attr="class","edgethorn-tag"]

#

THREADING WITH

[attr="class","edgethorn-border"]
[attr="class","edgethorn-mid"]

[attr="class","edgethorn-icon"]

[attr="class","edgethorn-lyric"] i don't think about you anymore

[attr="class","edgethorn-post"]

Apologizing was in fact the best way to go forward from this so Aidan himself would take the same approach as the man in front of him. "I too apologize for my forthrightness in the matter." They both ended up being foreign so at the least they had something in common. "I understand." Aidan would nod in a somewhat silent agreement. "Let's just say that I've seen things go grim way too many times."[break][break]

Both of his past works had been dark and brooding to say the least. He didn't want to end up being hired to search for someone that he could have prevented from going missing, it was never a pretty sight when people were found, truthfully it just wasn't a pretty sight whenever the truth was handed to people in general. So perhaps trying to stop anything bad from happening to strangers around him had become one of his COPING mechanism to keep him going on the daily.[break][break]

Either way. Snapping back from sudden Viet style flashbacks as Lia spoke up to accept the drinking invitation with the small plot twist of also inviting Aidan, who on earth could decline such a smile with the Oricorio giving out +10 charm buffs. "Yeah. I wouldn't mind going for a drink. Hoping to Arceus that the bar would be a little quieter and calmer. [break][break]

Reaching out for the handshake with a small chuckle in response to the question. "I'm Aidan Hereford and this here is not my sister... In fact I don't even know her name either." He would say looking towards Lia who he had never met. In hopes that she could introduce herself and take the conversation away from him and towards the bar and herself.[break][break]

[attr="class","edgethorn-notes"]
[attr="class","edgethorn-notes-1"][attr="class","th th-chat-bubble"]

[attr="class","edgethorn-notes-2"]

Copium for everyone ;-;

[attr="class","edgethorn-bot"]
[attr="class","edgethorn-bot-back-img"]

[googlefont=Roboto+Condensed:400,700]
[googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
[newclass=.edgethorn]background-color:#e9e9e9;width:600px;color:#393939;text-align:justify;border-radius:3px;overflow:hidden;position:relative;margin:25px 0px; }.edgethorn-top { height:165px;width:600px;background-color:#393939;position:absolute; }.edgethorn-top-1 { height:165px;width:600px;mix-blend-mode:lighten;position:relative;z-index:1; }.edgethorn-top-back-img { height:165px;width:600px;position:absolute;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/xYLht6Q/Thinggy.png); }.edgethorn-top-front-img { border-right:solid 5px #304c50;border-left:solid 5px #304c50;overflow:hidden;background-color:#304c50;height:165px;width:165px;transform:skew(-10deg);position:absolute;margin-left:375px; }.edgethorn-top-front-img div { height:165px;width:205px;margin:0px -20px;transform:skew(10deg);background-image:url(https://imgur.com/N08gUSu.png);mix-blend-mode:multiply; }.edgethorn-top-lyric { text-shadow:.75px .75px 0px #393939, .75px 0px 0px #393939, 0px .75px 0px #393939, -.75px 0px 0px #393939, 0px -.75px 0px #393939, -.75px .75px 0px #393939, .75px -.75px 0px #393939, -.75px -.75px 0px #393939;letter-spacing:-2px;width:500px;text-align:center;font:bold 75px Roboto Condensed;position:absolute;color:#e9e9e9;line-height:65px;padding:60px 50px 0px 50px; }.edgethorn-top-lyric div { color:#304c50;border-top:solid 5px #474747;font-size:45px;height:47px;line-height:65px;display:inline-block;margin:0px 15px 0px 15px; }.edgethorn-tag { position:relative;overflow:hidden;background-color:#333333;padding:15px 35px;height:10px;color:#aaaaaa;text-transform:uppercase;font:10px Roboto;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:1px; }.edgethorn-tag h1 { color:#393939;margin:-26px -15px;padding:0px;font:70px Roboto;position:absolute;line-height:65px; }.edgethorn-tag div { position:relative;z-index:15;margin:-5px -5px -5px 10px;background-color:#393939;padding:5px;float:right;border-radius:2px; }.edgethorn-tag div a { font:10px Roboto;line-height:10px;color:#e9e9e9!important;text-decoration:none;-webkit-transition: all .5s ease; -moz-transition: all .5s ease; -o-transition: all .5s ease; }.edgethorn-tag div a:hover { color:#304c50!important; }.edgethorn-tag span { position:relative;z-index:15; }.edgethorn-border { border:solid 1px #304c50;margin:-186px 20px -26px 20px;position:relative;z-index:10;padding:215px 30px 56px 30px; }.edgethorn-mid table { border-spacing:0px; }.edgethorn-lyric { border-bottom:solid 1px #304c50;padding-bottom:14px;font:bold 24px Roboto Condensed;line-height:20px;margin:20px 140px 0px -50px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#333333;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-1px; }.edgethorn-post { font:12px Roboto;text-align:justify;color:#333333;padding-top:17px }.edgethorn-post b { color:#304c50; }.edgethorn-post i { color:#aaaaaa; }.edgethorn-icon { height:100px;width:100px;float:right;background-color:#333333;padding:10px;border-radius:2px;margin:0px 0px 20px 20px; }.edgethorn-icon img { height:100px;width:100px;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(67%) brightness(120%); }.edgethorn-notes { background-color:#333333;margin-top:20px;border-radius:2px;padding:30px;color:#aaaaaa;font:12px Roboto;text-align:justify; }.edgethorn-notes-1 { position:absolute;background-color:#304c50;color:#333333;font-size:20px;line-height:20px;width:20px;padding:15px;height:20px;border-radius:2px;margin:-40px 0px 0px 428px; }.edgethorn-notes-2 { padding-right:25px;text-align:justify; }.edgethorn-bot { height:41px;width:600px;border-top:solid 5px #333333; }.edgethorn-bot div { height:41px;width:600px;position:absolute;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/xYLht6Q/Thinggy.png);background-position:center center;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 3:21:20 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

A few months ago when had tried to take her hand, Luka politely refused. Now she almost seeks out his grasp, fingers twining with his as though trying to leech out the comfort of another human soul.[break][break]
It's not his fault that she's lonely, but he and the small group waiting at the bar are the unfortunate recipients of her coping with the loss of .[break][break]

She grabs the first shot placed in front of her without questioning what's in it, and downs it with nary a flinch. It's only then that she remembers her manners and greets , , and with a sheepish smile and a soft, "Hello."[break][break]

's slurred introduction is a whole different kind of vibe though.[break][break]

"Oh..."[break][break]

She blinks. Her face reddens.[break][break]

"Thank you?"

[break][break]

[break][break]
@mainstage[break]open to interactions!

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]

|sh754PH
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2022 3:36:33 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lovelike"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","subtxt"]SO YOU'RE BACK, [break] FROM OUTER SPACE

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","textbox"] even though he's somehow the best standing out of the three of them, the liquid courage that runs through his veins still is enough to make him buzz to life. a person who is normally so apathetic suddenly sparks with energy as he hollers over at his good friend .

[break][break] at 's words, he nods in agreement. "she is very pretty." his compliment is washed over by the crowd's roar, though it still sets his skin to life as he knocks back yet another drink.

[break][break] as his gaze looks out for his pink-haired friend, it takes a second later to realize that she's with a date and then that her hands are intertwined with theirs, something stuttering in his chest, but the alcohol is enough to numb that feeling far, far away.

[break][break] he looks back towards his childhood friend. "whoopie do da?" he echoes, brows pinched together in confusion, but as luka and her friend wander near, the distraction is enough. he blinks — the boy she's with looks familiar. " ?"

[break][break] a pause - as neurons attempt to fire in his alcohol-addled brain - before a drink is lifted towards the rocket in disguise ( ). "here you go. drink with us!"

[break][break]

DpM6z4_R

[break]

HP: 88/150

[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","drop"]

[attr="class","oocnotes"]
[attr="class","fas fa-crow"] #MAINSTAGE [break]
open for interaction! [break]
+1 CROWN coping

[newclass=".lovelike"]width:505px; margin:0px auto; background:#2b2b2b; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lovelike"]--accent:#6b3fbc; --speech:#966dff[/newclass]
[newclass=".lovelike .main b"]color:var(--speech); font:bold 13px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".lovelike .main i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lovelike .main u"]color:var(--speech); letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lovelike .top"]background:url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/664104315262337034/964532912861118535/unknown.png); background-size:cover; height:300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lovelike .subtxt"]text-align:center; margin-top:-48px; color:var(--accent); font:45px/35px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:-2px; text-shadow: -2px -2px 0 #fff, 1px -1px 0 #7dbdff, -2px 1px 0 #fff, 1px 1px 0 #fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lovelike .main"]color:#fff; font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.2px; text-align:justify; padding:20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lovelike .textbox"]padding: 40px 60px 30px; border: 1px solid #222; font: 11px/14px 'Roboto'; color: #f1f1f1; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 0.3px; } .lovelike .textbox a { color:#fff; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".lovelike .bottom"]background:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; padding:0px 20px 10px; position:relative; overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lovelike .oocnotes"]margin-right:20px; color:#ffff; font:10px 'Consolas'!important; padding:20px 0px 10px 40px; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lovelike .bottom .drop"]height:0px; width:20px; background:#fff; position:absolute; transition:2s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lovelike:hover .bottom .drop"]height:70px; transition:2s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lovelike .oocnotes span"]font:12px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lovelike .oocnotes a"]color:inherit!important; font:12px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lovelike .oocnotes b"]color:#c09eff; font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".lovelike .pkmnteam"]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-20px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lovelike .pkmnteam img"]filter:grayscale(100%); margin:0px 10px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lovelike .pkmnteam img:hover"]filter:none; transform:rotate(30deg); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lovelike .fa-crow"] padding-right:5px; font-size:14px; border-right:10px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.5); [/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Quicksand|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500i,600,700|Heebo]