awards
3,860 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
rangers rising
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 22:57:39 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

There… was a reason why he didn’t want to speak right now.

The reason lay mainly inside the envelopes that were still mostly stacked around the table—but seeing as some of the curious (maybe impatient) ones had decided to take a peek inside, there was—there was nothing else to it.

The legs of the chair he was sitting in scraped back as he stood up from his position at the table, holding up a hand and trying to silence everyone because—well, this was it.

Mamma mia, he thought with the tiniest of sighs, before taking a deep breath and composing himself (heh) before he opened his mouth.

Truthfully, he had to be careful about what he wanted to say because had been there at the meeting after all.

“Settle down, settle down,” he began quietly, his voice cutting through the room.

Once everyone had managed to settle down (or most, anyway) he looked around the room. His gaze lingered for more than a few seconds on , because holy fucking shit he was not going to like the words that would next spill forth.

“I came back from a meeting with the higher-ups. As it is, we’re one man down because took a paternal leave to take care of his family,” he continued, a very measured sigh escaping him.

At least he was sure , and would get the hint and keep quiet about what really happened a few days prior.

“All of you in this room, to some extent, is aware of the incoming threat that’s coming towards this region, I trust you all do,” he went on before gesturing at the envelopes.

“Because I’m going to need everyone’s help.”

He then went over to the projector and flicked it on, where a map of the entire region then loaded up and displayed in holograph form. Should anyone take a look at the map within the envelope, the marks matched the locations that were also marked on the bigger visual.

He had to restrain himself from spitting forth the tirade of curses that was on the tip of his tongue as he continued on.

“The meeting that happened a few days ago discussed these locations—as this is where the League is going to be setting up the countermeasure to take the meteor elsewhere.”

Elsewhere. He spat to one side in the back of his mind. Couldn’t reveal everything now can he. At least, not everything that was vital to everyone knowing.

“At these locations, there would be installations set up—I’ve gone on a run myself with over here to help get them set up—however the thing is, with the way these installations are set up, it’s going to cause the local populations to go, for lack of a better word, crazy.”

He then pointed out Mount Pyre, the (Great) Desert, Granite Cave, and the general Petalburg area.

“Four out of the five locations are approximately where large concentrations of local wild Pokémon populations live, so clearly anything man-made that’s set up in their environment will cause a disruption, an imbalance—and they’re going to attack it, to get rid of it. Which is why I need all of your help.”

His gaze lingered again, for a few seconds, on the new Fortree Ranger Captain.

Another deep breath before he goes silent, and then he allows himself a singular hiss of noise before he lets it out anyway.

“The la puttana picked Fortree. I’m—I’m sorry. The decision is out of my hands. I know that Sénon and his family live somewhere in the area; but since he’s not here at this meeting, I’d need your help now, more than ever, to keep the Eagle’s Nest safe.”

He belatedly realized something else, too, but—he wasn’t going to talk about that. At least not until he was prompted to do so.

“If anyone has questions, the floor’s open.”

this is a lot of internal screaming, Lars
• has to compose himself (lol) for a few moments, actually rewording what he wanted to say, before calling the meeting to order
• outlines a brief summary of what the hell happened during AAPT3 (mostly, just the discussion of the points)
very tired sigh
• the floor is now open for question/s, comments, violent reactions

@tag

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
rangers rising
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 23:11:19 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Just when Josh was settling in, Small Josh would pop up out of nowhere and speak up without warning. Josh nearly jumped out of his seat, but would manage to save his food.

And save Small Josh from being zapped to oblivion by Lightning who was very much about to for scaring him. Seriously, the meeting had already started, didn't he see people sitting down?

"Likewise" Josh remarked bluntly when Devlin would advise him to "be careful" when people had food in their hands. He knew how terrifying Izumi was from the stories Josh had told, what the hell was the kid thinking? If he scared the Gengar out of her, he wasn't going to be conscious to hear what the boss had to say. "I heard about your promotion. Congrats. Go get a seat, it seems our business has begun."

And what a business it was. As grim as anything. So the rumors about the meteor were true, then. That was already grim as it was, but the fact their countermeasure involved disturbing so many Pokemon habitats... It didn't sit right with him. But if it was necessary in order to save both people and Pokemon, then it was necessary.

Josh reached over to squeeze Izumi's hand tightly.

Wait, was he planning to drop this and THEN put him on the spot? Seriously? After all that?

Shit.

- Tells to go sit his ass down.
- Squeezes the hand of out of stress
- Realizes he has to follow this act.

close tab

played by

yams

callie
she/her
february ninth
celadon, kanto
lesbian
former kanto champion
civillian
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
180 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calliope
Calliope Marks
rangers rising
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2022 23:24:35 GMT
Calliope Marks Avatar
Callie ends up wandering away. Sorry fam. There was so many posts and so much happening.

She sits next to , pushing some of his things out of the way to make more room for her own plates of food. She was going to get her grub on. The Envelope is ignored. So if the announcement. It's a very fine one, sure, but if it doesn't effect her she doesn't really care.
Sorry, folks. That's just how she is.

When speaks, she does at least pause in her chewing to listen.

In the end, she just shrugs.

"I don't know who that is and I don't care. Just tell me where to go and what to do."

She didn't understand this shit.
close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,527 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
rangers rising
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 0:05:17 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","annal"]
[attr="class","annalluck"]
[attr="class","annalpostbody"]
annalise fidgets with the crinkled corner of her envelope as the rest are passed out. she isn't sure if they're allowed to open it yet, but a stolen glance at the paper in 's hand prompts her stick her nail under the lip and flip it open.
[break][break]
"a map?" she mumbles under her breath, tilting her head as though examining it from a slightly different angle will make the circled locations any more meaningful. idly, she spoons a forkful of macaroni into her mouth.
[break][break]
whistles and her map conspiracies float off the center stage of her brain like a child letting go of a balloon, attention drawn towards him and his cookie-eating pikachu. at his gesture, she rests her fork on her plate and rises from her chair. guillermo seems to lag a heartbeat behind, but he snaps to his feet right as she thinks to check on him.
[break][break]
she reaches out for him — for a hand or an arm — to ground them both for the big news. fortree captain. mauville captain. the congratulations flood in: a round of applause, a messily-scrawled congratulations on a cake, a warm hug from when they finally reunite, an elbow against her arm that prompts her to break away from matt and wrap her arms around guillermo. [break][break]
"congrats to you, bestie! i'm surprised you didn't become one earlier!"
[break][break]
, the man who had accompanied (and been in her peripheral during her time in that cybernetic world), approaches.
[break][break]
"thanks!" she says in turn as he congratulates them both. her smile broadens as he announces his transfer to mauville. "oh, really? i'm super excited to work with you! and congrats on graduating from rookie!"
[break][break]
she nods attentively as he returns with his plate, delving into a little bit about himself. a minor gym leader, huh? she can't help but wonder if was ever this bright-eyed before he joined the major league.[break][break]
speaks before she can comment on how cute his passion for search and rescue is. she turns to listen, the amused expression on her face withering into growing concern, then to grave. she shoots a look as he's singled out, extending silent support. then she shifts her gaze towards , wondering if lars told him any of this ahead of time.
[break][break]
in a lull between rangers speaking up, annalise addresses , "mauville rangers will help deal with any issues with the wild pokemon in the desert."
[break][break]
the map rustles in her hands as she sits up in her seat. 
[break][break]
"though, if it's not, like, confidential — what's being installed at these locations?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","annalooc"] + confused about map[break]
+ gets promoted pog?[break]
+ hugs , hugs , talks to [break]
+ volunteers mauville rangers to the desert pog [break]
+ asks whats being installed [break]

[attr="class","annalaccent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bookmark"]

[attr="class","annallyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","annalswarmbottom"]
[attr="class","annalpkmnbar"]

[newclass=".annal"]--accent:#d4a53c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .annalluck .annalpostbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .annalluck .annalpostbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .annalluck .annalpostbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annallyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .annalluck .annallyrics span {transition:1s all;} .annalluck:hover .annallyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalluck .annalaccent"]font-size:90px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px; } .annalluck .annalaccent img { height:90px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalswarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .annalswarmbottom .annalpkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".annalluck .annalpostbody .annalooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
rangers rising
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 0:11:42 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

. .
[break][break]
He has worked with the former, never with the latter. They both get a polite nod all the same. Being Ranger Captain is not an easy job, especially not when young and dealing with catastrophes. He hopes they’ll both do well.
[break][break]
This potluck/meeting of theirs takes a much different turn when addressed them all, however, and it’s at this point that Tam finds himself pausing. He leans in closer to , who he’s sitting next to, and given how close they also are, @arashi and may also be able to hear the question that is then whispered to the cadet:
[break][break]
”Remind me… Am I supposed to know who that is?”
[break][break]
As has been previously stated, Tam is terrible at remembering people’s names, especially people he’s never interacted with.
[break][break]
At least Calliope shares his sentiment.
[break][break]
And, speaking of where they should go…

PETALBURG CITY AND WOODS[break][break]
THE DESERT[break][break]
GRANITE CAVE[break][break]
FORTREE CITY[break][break]
MT. PYRE

All locations mean the same to him. They all are at potential risk. Tam has read HNN, he knows what Lars is probably trying to hint at here.
[break][break]
Still, a couple of them do stand out for their own reasons. He raises a hand just so slightly to get the Head Ranger’s attention. His expression is as impassive as ever. When speaking, his tone is neutral and levelled:
[break][break]
”I recommend Slateport be put in charge of Granite Cave due to proximity.” He tries to ignore his own distaste for caverns. He tries to ignore the gruesome memories that come to mind. His expression remains unchanged. Codenames aren’t used for the sake of the newer rangers. ”We can also take care of Mt. Pyre if needed. Shadow pokémon attacked the mountain at the end of last year. Two of my rangers were there. Some of the terrain is still tricky to navigate and we also can't be certain that all wild Shadow Pokémon are gone after Necrozma's attack. If there's still any wandering in the vicinity, the primal point could draw them to Mt. Pyre.”
[break][break]
Sorry, and .
[break][break]
Once he’s done talking, he sighs, and to those who know Tam, having heard him say this much all at once is probably a surprise.
[break][break]
He sure found it exhausting.

[break][break]
[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
OPEN TO INTERACTION[break]
[break]- Mental congrats to Memo and Annalise
[break]- Recommending Slateport Rangers for Granite Cave (proximity) and Mt Pyre (ranger raids involvement)
[break]- Sorry, Orion and Hailee

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twt2] --accent: #688592; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 11.5px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
rangers rising
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 0:40:40 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
Orion sits in stereotypical sour silence as the meeting progresses, particularly when begins to speak. Not because of the man, but because of the implication behind words whose lines Orion reads between.

An A.Q.U.A meeting, I'd bet. He wasn't invited.

His mood is lifted somewhat when leans over to whisper something to him, a startled laugh bubbling in his throat. He'll play it off to onlookers as if Tam had just told him a joke, but whispers back to his boss, "Head Ranger. The other one."

He'd only ever met Senon in passing, himself.

Orion isn't one to approach others, even for purposes of congratulations, but should or catch his eye, he'd offer them a tight-lipped smile (because he's socially awkward, not because he disapproves) and a nod.

When sits next to him, shoving his stuff aside, he doesn't complain Nor when Tam offers them up to the metaphorical wolves of Mt. Pyre. Perhaps might be upset, based on how she'd reacted to seeing him on their recent assignment, but Orion sees it as an unfortunate, if uncomfortable, part of the job. He has experience with Mt. Pyre, however unpleasant.

"Wouldn't matter where they chose," he mutters to the Slateport Squad. "People are going to be affected."

close tab

played by

Jun

Ollie
He/Him
June 29
Blackthorne City
Homosexual
Ranger
Cadet
Pain makes you stronger, heartbreak makes you wiser, and fear makes you braver
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun2
Oliver Shrakes
rangers rising
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 1:05:09 GMT
Oliver Shrakes Avatar
Before he knew it, and before he and could continue, the meeting started. First up came the promotions, which Oliver applauded. He hadn't done anything really deserving, so he didn't expect one. He hoped to up his game though. The red head continued to eat though, paying attention to the meeting as best he can. The Head Ranger started however. He revealed five locations to set up a device that would send the incoming meteor elsewhere. Oliver wished he knew where the elsewhere was, but as long as it wasn't Johto or any other region, decided he didn't really care. What he didn't like was the reaction it was going to cause for the local population of Pokemon. They were going to go crazy. Of course there would be a catch. And one of the locations just happened to be where one of the rangers happened to be taking paternal leave to be with their family.

Oliver had mixed feelings on that one. On the one hand, if it was the most viable spot, okay then. But if not...surely another location could have been chosen. The Head Ranger himself didn't seem to like the decision either, but Ollie also understood that some things were just out of your control. The floor then became open for questions. So far, the only question he heard was what was being installed there. Ollie nodded at that one. Though in the end, he was just going to go wherever he was needed and defend the location.

TLDR
just...listening.

close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
Homie better put your pride aside I’m a Benz and you’re more like a Volvo
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
rangers rising
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 1:15:43 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar
Wow everything was turning into a whirlwind of a show. Matt looked very uncomfortable about this. He knew the news, how it sparked panic with the ones who did know. It wasn't fun. It wasn't his first thought though when he joined up, honestly.

Starting to feel like it was getting warmer in here, Matt was trying to scoot his way to the back of the room. Hoping to just blend in and disappear off and out the door. It wasn't to be rude- it was just feeling very intense to him and he needed air. Yes, air was good. But he didn't realize he had just vanished on and . Hopefully they wouldn't be upset with him for going out to get some fresh air.

He hurried out so fast he still had his plate, blinking at how everything was messed to the side from his hurrying to get out. Shrugging, he still ate it, or at least a bite of it. It hit his stomach wrong, so he went to toss it in the trash. Rubbing his eyes and taking a very deep breaths. He just needed a few minutes..

TLDR: Matt is bab and flees scary talk
left and to the wind! sowwi guys
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
rangers rising
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 2:32:37 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest2"]
[attr="class","calebtest2text"]

[attr="class","calebtest2pkmn"]

and are strangers to Caleb. "Good on them getting promoted, I guess," he murmured, tone dry. The reality was, he didn't give much of a crap about anybody other than and his fellow Slateport crew. Well, seemed allright, he supposed. The Verdanturf Ranger had taken a seat next to him, and Caleb stole a glance at the tall, willowy man, wondering what he thought of all this. Jack seemed oddly familiar, Caleb realized, as if he'd heard his name or seen his picture before. Wait, doesn't he review things? Right, a blog. He'd learned about Moonblast Microbrew that way. A side hobby, then? Or was being a Ranger the hobby?[break][break]
When began speaking in a serious tone, Caleb figured he'd better start paying attention to the meeting. He leaned back in his chair and took a long sip of beer, trying to make sense of the map that was now displaying for all the Rangers to see.[break][break]
Oh, right, the goddamn meteor.[break][break]
looked slightly troubled - which was concerning, as Tam usually looked pretty neutral about everything - when he spoke up about Granite Cave and Pt. Pyre. Caleb leaned forward in his chair - he was sitting right behind Tam and , and now , who had flounced over to sit next to Orion - and muttered to his peers, "Definitely send me to help, what could go wrong?" He flashed them a wry grin, but found that his desire to go was, in fact, genuine. Did he actually...care about the fate of Hoenn?[break][break]
It was more selfish that that, he realized. He simply wanted to make sure the other Slateport Rangers - his friends - made it out of this mess alive.[break][break]
Maybe he was remembering how to care.[break][break]

[attr="class","calebtest2ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

+ Caleb earned a Move Tutor for bringing more beer to the meeting and speaking to two people (he's also about to grab some pizza)[break]
+ Caleb earned a Green Shard for reacting to the promotions and the Ranger news

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.calebtest2]--accent:#3AD1E1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.calebtest2]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .calebtest2text b"]color:var(--accent); } .calebtest2 .calebtest2text a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .calebtest2 .calebtest2text i { color:var(--accent); } .calebtest2 .calebtest2text u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc"]} .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc b { color:var(--accent); } .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc i { color:var(--accent); } .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .calebtest2 .calebtest2ooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest2 .calebtest2pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
rangers rising
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 3:05:24 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

As Lars takes the center of the meeting, Kaida sits up, almost smiling at the familiar face but aware this was likely a serious issue. She was right. The meteor. Supposedly the same meteor that would plunge all life as they knew it into nothingness if they diverted it.

Her thoughts quickly switched to the present as a snarl tore her face. It seemed she still had some leftover aggression from previous events. If nobody else was going to say it, she would. She was just a nobody with a snake, might as well use it!

"Are you serious, Lars!?" She sorta forgot he was their boss, and not her friend here, "A flying sanctuary in Fortree, and we have to defend something!?" She had many problems with the idea already, namely the amount of Pokemon that would likely be hurt in the process, but with the humans present, she figured they wouldn't care. Speaking of not caring...

"Wait, no...I know, they don't care, not about the Pokemon." Her head lowered bitterly, then suddenly rose, "At least let me be there, I know it, I-I know the Pokemon."

Notes: Kaida is being a little to familiar with , and protests the Fortree location on account of the giant amount of Pokemon present.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
rangers rising
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 5:09:40 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","revivedpog"]
[attr="class","top"]

"excuse me," he says to and , leaving them and the delicious honey he brought behind only to venture across the room.[break][break]

he first stops at to say: "congratulations, guillermo. well deserved."[break][break]

then, he stops at to say: "took you long enough."[break][break]

and after that? he listens to 's announcement, processing it for a few moments while the others share their thoughts.[break][break]

eventually, the lilycove captain speaks up as well.[break][break]

"surely you aren't referring to , are you, lars? because i would think our head ranger would show a little more respect than that."[break][break]

then, he addresses .[break][break]

"i appreciate your eagerness to help but you'll be spread too thin. lilycove can and should handle mount pyre. i'm sure the terrain won't be too tricky for us."

[attr="class","ooc"]- says congrats to memo and anna[break]
- tells lars to be careful monka[break]
- states the lilycove rangers can handle mt pyre[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-combee"]

[newclass=".revivedpog"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,636 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
rangers rising
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 7:09:14 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Promotions were congratulated. People got seated and spoke among each other. And then Lars broke the grim news. His choice of words for their dear commissioner was not lost upon her. But she would not comment on it.

Elinor watched the various reactions from those around her. Some seemed indifferent, others perturbed by the choice of locations, all together in concern for the wildlife.

Elinor’s eyes moved to as she heard the accusation. She wanted to speak up, to deny those allegations. But she could not, for were they truly wrong? And so she looked away in silence, turning her attention to Lars instead.

Yet she said nothing, for though she was a Ranger, she was also a member of the council, and she had a feeling that if she commented on any of it. They would tear into her like a pack of ravenous Mightyena.

OOC: Elinor has so far acquired the Move Tutor + Green Shard (added to inventory)
TLDR:
- Quietly observes.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,565 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
rangers rising
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 7:33:10 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan placed his plate down, wiping his hand with a nearby tissue as he moved to listen to Lars' update on the higher ups. He watched the map with keen interest, moving towards the seat nearby from Elinor's position to get a closer look at the spots.

They were not optimal positions. If it were up to him, he would have made the four points cast the widest net possible over Hoenn. But he assumed it may have something to do with proximity limitations. Or at least he had hoped that was the case.

He moves to address everyone after . "Congratulations Anna, Guillermo." He speaks in turn, before turning towards the screen. Callan does not comment on the insult.

"As Lilycove is close to Mount Pyre, I'm also willing to help out Captain Vollins, if he'll have me." Callan begins. Actions aside, there was another thing he wanted to ask Lars.

"Are the primal nodes permanently active?" He began. "I imagine guarding it becomes much easier if the device itself doesn't actively cause havoc until the time when it's needed."

@rangers

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Open Sans]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
rangers rising
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 13:41:58 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Guillermo felt the weight of Lars’ gaze, and it took every piece of him to not wilt beneath it.

Something bad was coming. He knew it.

He had to swallow his words and not say something smartassed when Lars asked if they knew what kind of danger they were in; like he’d told Alex, I’m gay, not blind, deaf, or senile.

At least he had a little bit of his spark left.

It fizzled and died under Dahlia’s boot.

His world spiraled and crashed around him. Oh, god, he was going to have to tell Alex.

But he was still doing such a good job of faking. He hugs back; he smiles politely at her.

Someone ( ) says something tone-deaf and brash and he has to swallow his retort to that, too. Sounds like I’m not the only one faking it.

Oh, god, he’s going to have to tell Alex. And given his last interaction with Dahlia there was no way in hell Alex’s wasn’t going to see this as a retaliation. A way to crush dissenters.

But he has a position of responsibility now. He has to be smart. In what he says. In what he does.

“You have to understand, this is going to seem like a punishment for something. Like we’re being targeted.” His voice is measured, tone even. "The only populated area being selected? Because I'm assuming Petalburg Woods is going to be the main area of focus? Regardless of whatever tactical point being made, the populace at large isn’t going to see that. And,” he paused, to allow the weight of his next words time to settle in, “that is going to fall back on its leadership.

On Alex. And him, now, but he didn’t so much care. He could take those blows. Would, willingly. He was born to be a scapegoat.

And then.

And then.

launches to his defense. Well, not his, really, but-- Alex’s city. The Sanctuary. His, by proxy. He warms like first spring, oily tendrils of fear soothed by the fervor of her words.

"I expect the League’s full support in loss mitigation. Possibly even moreso than the other locations. As I said before, we’re the only city proper that’s been chosen. People will need to be evacuated. Pokemon, too. And, after, infrastructure to be rebuilt.”

Quid pro quo, Clarice.

He wasn’t going to argue the plan because nothing was going to change. They were running out of time-- collectively, as a whole.

wearing
> here's how this is gonna go
> they're going to get special treatment because they're the only human populated locale to be affected.
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Lady

Sach
He/Him
December 23
Oreburgh City, Sinnoh
Bisexual
Ranger
Cadet
Widowed, Not Looking
5 height
5 height
awards
37 posts
SACHA ROSIER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sacha
SACHA ROSIER
rangers rising
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2022 14:06:49 GMT
SACHA ROSIER Avatar
Sacha gave a bit of an apologetic look to when the meeting started and their conversation was cut short. Truly, he was interested in continuing, but it would have been rude to keep talking now. Later, he might grab the guy's number so they could continue or even do a few missions together. That thought stopped in it's tracks when Laurence did begin to speak.

Taking his envelope, the man opened the packet and followed along on the papers. Seeing Fortree on the list made the man go immediately tense beside @laurence, but he didn't turn his head to look at the man. He was too focused on the map and listening. Afraid he would quite literally explode in his chair if he looked at anyone, the man actually pushed his mostly untouched food straight away from him so that he could read and listen.

Fortree had been chosen. For... Whatever this was to divert the meteor.

Fortree.

There was a stark ringing in his ears that didn't subside easily. Even when he had opened the floor to questions, all Sacha could really hear were the sounds of his own breathing while panic welled up in his chest. Putting his palm flat down on the paperwork in front of him, Sacha finally turned his gaze to Lars, an unmistakable anger there.

"With all due respect, sir," Sacha started, "You're talking about endangering Pokemon and uprooting an entire city of people. Some of us have children there, and additional wards we take care of," Sacha said, "I'm more interested in why a populated area was chosen. If you're looking for a location with the least amount of fallout, this clearly isn't it," the man noted and then leaned back in his chair. He needed a smoke. Desperately. And to figure out what he was going to do with his kids, his mother-in-law, and freaking .

Tl;Dr
- apologetic smile at Oliver
- building frustration, anger, and agitation over the local
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP