fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
rose-colored glasses [bar crawl]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 0:46:31 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
What a truly surprising turn of events.

had always been somewhat secretive about his love life. Forthcoming that he had one, of course, but not about the specific partners he entertained. He’d always waved Gideon off when the elder Graves brother would pry for more detail.

Tonight presented an anomaly to this status quo. Somehow Gideon had gotten Gunner to admit to seeing a woman and, more surprisingly still, submit to a night out with her, brother in tow. Perhaps Gunner felt some pressure given that Gideon expressed what a wonderful holiday present it would be to go out as a group, but still. It was all for fun and borne out of brotherly concern.

They’d arrived to Moonblast Microbrew a little earlier than the planned meeting time, just to make sure they got a good seat inside the bar. thumbed the glass handle of his Winter’s Kiss, his head tilted to the side as he spoke to his sibling sitting across from him in the booth. The seats beside either Graves brother were empty and waiting for their dates to arrive.

So tell me more about this girl you’ve been seeing.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 13:46:15 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]
[attr="class","gunnertext"]

[attr="class","gunnerpkmn"]

"Love life" was the term Gideon used. Gunner wouldn't exactly call it that himself, because he felt no attachment — romantic or otherwise — toward any of the men or women with whom he occasionally had dalliances. They were hookups, plain and simple. He paid for most of them, too, and avoided seeing anyone on a regular, recurring basis.[break][break]

Summer was the only exception. In fact, ever since Gunner had reconnected with her after the masquerade, she'd become his primary dalliance. After all, if he wanted to get close to her, he had to make time for regular visits.[break][break]

Normally, Gunner would not have mentioned any of this to his older brother. However, Gideon's expressed desire to spend an outing together as a holiday present had indeed put pressure on Gunner to cave, though the younger Graves would never admit it. Filling Gideon with guilt was not something Gunner wished, and besides, it was just one time.[break][break]

Of course, he was not about to make Gideon a third wheel, so when informing Summer of the plan, Gunner had asked if she could bring a friend. He'd explained that Gideon was an outdoorsy, bookish man, so a single woman with keen intelligence and an interest in the natural sciences would be ideal. Gunner wondered if Summer knew such a person, but she was a wealthy CEO with many people at her disposal. Surely she had her connections.[break][break]

At the microbrewery, Gunner sipped his own beer, stalling while he decided on what to say. Instead of opting for a Winter's Kiss, he'd chosen a Scotch Ale, which seemed more to his taste when he read it on the menu.[break][break]

"Hmm, she's…" He paused. The best information to share was probably what was most relevant. "She's the CEO of Prescott Industries," Gunner finished, speaking casually as if it were the most ordinary statement in the world. "Her name is Summer."

[attr="class","gunnerooc"][break]

NOTES

NYE Bar Crawl (Mission: Sleepless in Slateport)[break]
Outfit

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.gunner]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnertext b"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnerooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnerpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 22:14:25 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
When invited to join Mr. at the Moonblast Microbrewery, Summer agreed to join him and his brother. , he mentioned. Described as an outdoorsman, one of literary interest. And her date of choice for the man was quite easy to pick out.

"Dear, you look amazing. Quite darling, if I do say so myself," Summer spoke to , kissing both of her cheeks in greeting. Both of the women were used to this Kalosian custom, after all.

Ever the more dressed up, she entered the bar, heels carrying her forward with Elisabeth's arm wrapped with hers. Her amber gaze only did one span of the area when she spotted her date and his brother, waiting for the women to show. She leaned closer to Elisa, whispering in her ear.

"The Graves brothers. Do they meet your taste, hmm? The younger one, he quite literally swept my off my feet at the masquerade. Couldn't stop eyeing my breasts in that dress of mine," she whispered, smirking as she kept her gaze on the two men.

"Let's go meet them, shall we?" Walking forward, Summer didn't let go of her friend until they were standing right in front of the two.

"Good evening. How are you both tonight?"

- outfit
- hair
- nails
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 23:24:28 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]

"You're sweet to say so," Elisabeth replied fondly, returning her friend's kiss of greeting with her own. "And you're stunning as ever. Let's hope your company is deserving of it, hm?"[break][break]

There was no outshining , the sparkling jewel that was the CEO of Prescott Industries.[break][break]

Prescotts were not in the habit of asking for anything. To be asked to do a blind date with Summer was flattering; it meant she trusted the admin enough to ask her for favors. So Elisabeth treated it as the honor it was, despite her own personal distaste for such things.[break][break]

In essence: Elisabeth Fiorelli was here as a wing-woman, not a prospective date.[break][break]

Where the other woman dazzled in a gown that brought the bar around them to shame for its splendour, the blonde had chosen more muted apparel in her dress and coat, allowing the elegance of simplicity to speak for itself.[break][break]

Golden hair was tied up in a burn with curls purposefully escaping -- some at the nape of her neck, one or two artfully framing her eyes. A Kalosian manicure was her favored nailcare of choice, as anything more extensive proved troublesome in her garden.[break][break]

"You must like him," she commented lightly, her own kitten heels much softer in comparison to the 'clack' that echoed Summer's every step. "With any luck, his brother is half as tolerable."[break][break]

Elisabeth held no great expectations beyond that.[break][break]

Ideally, she and what's-his-face would have a decent enough conversation that didn't make her want to claw her eyes out, and that would make the night a ringing success, so long as Summer was happy.[break][break]

"I'm sorry, he did what at the masquerade?" Elisabeth said belatedly, blinking as the words registered a moment too late. Summer had already bounded off to their table, obviously delighted at the sight of the two men already seated and waiting for them.[break][break]

Then the florist's eyes met that of her partner for the evening, and slowly, a profoundly amused smile creased her lips.[break][break]

"We live in a small region, Director. An unexpected pleasure to make your acquaintance again."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Bar Crawl: Microblast Brewery (Winter's Kiss).[break]
- Resolution: Affection.[break]
- Outfit.

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 1:45:21 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
As spoke, Gideon sipped his own drink and nodded along, his expression even and unbothered. No hint of the excitement and pride that brewed beneath the surface.

Nonchalance was the name of the game, after all. Gideon didn't want to scare his brother off when he was finally being so forthcoming. This outing already was more than he'd ever dreamed of getting out of his more secretive sibling.

"Summer," Gideon repeated, a thin smile curling the edges of his lips. "A beautiful name for an impressive-sounding woman. I can't wait to meet her."

The glint of two pale forms approaching from the front of the dimly-lit bar caught Gideon's eye.

"Speak of the devil…" He said quietly, beginning to stand from his seat. If only he knew how literal the statement was.

The clack! of their heels announced the girls' arrival to the table. Gideon's curiosity was nearly killing him by this point, so he wasted no time with his introductions. The lamp above their booth illuminated the faces of both women, revealing…

. His library companion and one-time dance partner. Of all people, it was the clever florist whom, after doing his best not to let his eye linger too long, Gideon thought looked absolutely stunning in her form-fitting dress.

His smile widened and he shook his head, obviously just as amused as Elisa by this turn of events.

"Fate leads the willing… a pleasure to see you again, Miss Fiorelli." There was a warmth to his deep timbre that hadn't been there when talking with his sibling.

Not to leave her friend and Gunner's date out of the greeting, Gideon soon shifted his attention to , extending his arm for a welcoming handshake.

"It's nice to meet you as well, Summer. I'm Gideon, Gunner's brother." He greeted, outwardly friendly with a tempered pleasantness to his words and demeanor.

"Please, join us." Gideon's umber eyes slid back to meet Elisa's own as he gestured for the girls to sit in the open spaces beside either brother.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 2:34:48 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]

Gideon's calm demeanor in the face of Gunner's reveal was suspicious. The elder Graves had always advocated for the younger's happiness in the love and companionship of another. Though such encouragement had always been in Gideon's gentle, compassionate manner, nagging was still nagging. Especially since Gunner knew Gideon wanted to see his little brother married, and with children.[break][break]

That had been Gunner's dream for a long time, after all.[break][break]

But people change.[break][break]

The sharp sound of women's heels on hardwood flooring drew Gunner from his thoughts. Like Gideon, he stood from his seat to greet their dates. But as soon as he saw Summer in her gauzy dress, his throat went dry. So distracted was he that he barely noticed that her friend was none other than , the florist.[break][break]

Quickly coming back to his senses, Gunner stepped up to Summer and gave her a quick, chaste kiss on the lips. "You look stunning," he murmured to her, his mouth curling into a sly, private grin that eased into a more cordial smile as he turned to Elisabeth.[break][break]

"Oh, Elisabeth! I should have known." Gunner chuckled. After all, she had mentioned she and Summer were friends during his recent visit to her flower shop. "It's nice to see you again so soon."[break][break]

The unexpected warmth in Gideon's voice as he greeted Elisabeth was not lost on Gunner. As the four of them took their respective seats — Gunner and Summer on one side of the booth, Gideon and Elisabeth on the other — the younger brother tried to communicate telepathically with the older brother, through a subtly raised eyebrow and a lightning-quick glance between the florist and the professor.[break][break]

Regardless of Gideon's telepathic response back, Gunner plucked the small drinks menu from his side of the booth and handed it to Summer so she and Elisabeth could look over the options.[break][break]

"Do you two like beer? This place is a small microbrewery so there aren't too many choices. They're all house specials, too. The Winter's Kiss is the signature beer this season." Gunner turned to Gideon. "You're liking it, right, Gideon?"

NOTES

Outfit

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.gunner]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnertext b"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 2:47:07 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer was quick to spot Gunner's gaze on he and her only. It was hard to fight back a smirk on her lips as she turned to looked at his companion, his brother, who greeted her and Elisabeth.

Though she did grant him full attention as he rose and stepped closer to her, leaning in to kiss her. She met his lips, though the kiss was quick and chaste as he leaned away. Of course, they were in public. There was no one around to turn off cameras or to hide away in a private room.

"Thank you. It's nice to see you as always," she spoke back, her voice kept low for the two of them to hear. She slipped into her seat, listening in on Elisabeth and Gideon's conversation as she settled.

"I didn't realize that you both knew each other already. I suppose that it worked out in our favor, then." Summer clasped her hands together, smiling pleasantly as she crossed her ankles under the table.

Looking over the menu selection, there really wasn't much to pick from. However, since it was a special occasion, she decided she'd try the WINTER'S KISS.

"I'll try one of those. It's in season, so I figure it must be good."
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 3:39:19 GMT
[nospaces]

All intentions to focus on her friend's objective for this outing had evaporated seemingly in an instant.[break][break]

Another more interesting game had presented itself.[break][break]

"You did mention you had an older brother," Elisabeth said to with a smile, though her eyes only briefly left her quarry for a moment. "How funny, for the stars to align in this way. Fate leads the willing, indeed."[break][break]

She slid next to in a single, smooth motion, brushing against him slightly as she seated herself in the booth. Emerald eyes flitted up to meet umber, considering him within sudden proximity.[break][break]

"Although as I recall," she continued with a teasing lilt, "it's said that Fate leads the willing, and drags the unwilling. I suppose it remains to be seen, which force brought us all here tonight?"[break][break]

Speaking of the unwilling...[break][break]

Beer was not Elisabeth's favored drink, in any capacity. This was yet another compromise she had made for on a night that was promising to become more and more unexpected the longer it went on. A mildly bored mien overtook her for a moment as she skimmed the menu, only for 's words to interrupt her thoughts: [break][break][break]

"The Winter's Kiss is the signature beer this season. You're liking it, right, Gideon?"
[break][break]

The florist's gaze lowered to the drink loosely held in her companion's grip, a plan forming as Summer proclaimed her own desire to order it aloud. Elisabeth's stare once more returned to Gideon's, resolved on its intent. Then, without warning or permission, she slowly reached for the handle of Gideon's Winter's Kiss, never breaking eye contact with him as she did so.[break][break]

"I think I'll try it as well," Elisabeth said with a sly smile, and moved to drink from his glass.[break][break]

Her eyes openly dared him to refuse her.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 6:30:56 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
"I suppose it remains to be seen, which force brought us all here tonight?"

Quick on the uptake after catching his reference with ease, Gideon was once again impressed by . It was a relief to see that her wit was not contingent upon faux-anonymity. The mask was gone but the spitfire beneath was still well and alive.

' telepathy was not lost on his elder brother, either. They'd grown up with this silent language, developed it over time; it had become especially useful when one or the other was being scolded by their parents. A quick look, a small shift in body language, was telling. So Gunner would easily notice the slight declination of Gideon's head, acknowledging the other and answering him all in one. Yes, we know each other.

Apparently they did, too.

"I didn't know you and Miss Fiorelli were already acquainted, Gunner. A small region, indeed."

As for his opinion on the beer and whether might like to try it:

"I am, yes." Gideon's gaze passed from Gunner to Summer and finally onto Elisa as he spoke. "It has a few subtle flavors that really embody the spirit of the holi… days…"

Delicate fingers overtook his own where they gripped the handle of his mug. Even such a chaste touch sent a shock of something - some electrifying feeling - up his arm. Although he acquiesced and relinquished his beer, Gideon held Elisa's gaze, unwilling to completely back down from this playful challenge of hers. He was a man who appreciated boldness, after all, and she had that in spades.

"Your thoughts?" Gideon asked, his tone colored by amusement.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 14:20:40 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]

Gunner nodded in acknowledgement at Gideon's observation. "We met by chance one day and she let me know she has a flower shop outside Petalburg, so I went there to buy a bouquet for Summer a couple of weeks ago," the younger man explained.[break][break]

As he spoke, he rested his hand on Summer's thigh under the table. The skin-on-skin contact sent a thrill through Gunner and made him wonder if she felt it, too. Briefly, Gunner made eye contact with his date, but Gideon's faltering speech drew the younger Graves' attention back to their conversation.[break][break]

Just in time to watch take a bold sip from his brother's glass.[break][break]

Gideon had confirmed through telepathy that he and the florist knew each other, but the Elisabeth that Gunner knew was very different from the one seated across from him at the table. Automatically, he began readjusting his understanding of her personality. In fact, her behavior seemed to align remarkably close to the mysterious blonde woman who'd kissed Gideon under the mistletoe during the Winter Masquerade at the beginning of the month.[break][break]

An employee at the microbrewery arrived at their booth to take their orders: two Winter's Kisses for the ladies. They returned soon after with the beers and a complimentary platter of assorted cheeses.[break][break]

"So how do you two know each other?" Gunner asked Gideon and Elisabeth, finally removing his hand from Summer's leg so he could take a proper sip of his own drink.

NOTES

Outfit

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.gunner]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnertext b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 20:49:25 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer listened to the three as they realized their connections. Elisabeth was an impossible person to miss. Her flower shop was well known in the region, and she had the personality to match. Of course, Summer was the only one at the table who understood how ruthless her friend could truly be.

She dove into her thoughts for a moment. Perhaps she was too busy with her work. Of course she was going to be busy. She was the CEO of a damn industry, after all. Yet, she almost felt like the odd one out, despite knowing all of them at the table aside from the eldest Graves brother. Silently, quietly, and hiddenly, she picked at the edge of her nails, at her skin.

Until she felt a hand touch her — very exposed — leg. Her amber gaze looked over to the side from the corner of her eye, where she caught his gaze. Summer was unable to hide an almost amused smirk, choking back a laugh behind her hand that was propped by her elbows on the table.

"Hmmm...?" A curious and almost playful hum left her lips as she watched Elisabeth drag Gideon's drink to her lips and drink it without his permission. A bold move. She loved it. She hoped that she was able to rile this one up, play with the gears in his head a little bit before they left.

"You know, Miss Fiorelli's been my friend for quite some time. She and I first met chasing POOCHYENAS and a great MIGHTYENA out of Oldale many months ago. She's not one to be messed with..." Summer teased, taking her drink by the handle and drinking as if she said nothing intimidating.
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,405 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 21:19:20 GMT
[nospaces]

No resistance was met to her theft whatsoever, so Elisabeth took the Winter's Kiss and drank it leisurely, enjoying it as the prize it was.[break][break]

"Subtle," she agreed with at length, pressing the drink back into his open hand with affable surrender. "I find I often prefer a bolder palate, but I am nothing if not open to new experiences."[break][break]

Pale pink lipstick stains rimmed the glass, silently marking her territory.[break][break]

"Your brother and I met in the Slateport University library," she said then, turning to with far less intensity in her gaze. "He proved distracting. A concerning trait in someone supposedly devoted to his studies, I think."[break][break]

This crafty reframing of events would not be how remembered their encounter in the library, and the quick darting of her eyes to his indicated she knew this, and wondered if he might challenge her on it.[break][break]

Provocation thrilled Elisabeth, in that way.[break][break][break]

"You know, Miss Fiorelli's been my friend for quite some time. She and I first met chasing POOCHYENAS and a great MIGHTYENA out of Oldale many months ago. She's not one to be messed with..."
[break][break]

's mentioning of their adventure in Oldale briefly interrupted the florist's benign machinations, and Elisabeth laughed, startled despite herself. Mentioning any part of her Rocket life in civilian company was something she endeavored to do as little as possible, but to hear Summer describe it -- was what they had done much different than what regular people in Hoenn did, really?[break][break]

Hoenn was a strange region, and its people had become strange to match.[break][break]

"Gardeners are tenacious by trade, I'll concede that. But I don't think it is wise to sell yourself short, Summer. Your leadership was impressive even back then, before you became CEO of Prescott Industries."[break][break]

A second Winter's Kiss was ordered and placed before the blonde, who lifted it to drink in toast.[break][break]

"Cheers to your first successful year as chairwoman."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Outfit.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 4:39:13 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar
"I'm distracting? If memory serves, you were the one dropping your pen onto my book." Gideon challenged with a teasing undertone to his voice, his attention fully wrapped around 's finger. He couldn't not point out her misconstrued telling of their initial meeting, but perhaps she already knew that would happen.

As she talked, he saw her relinquish his mug and retook it in his hand. The professor's umber eyes lingered for a second on the pale pink stains at the rim, but that didn't bother Gideon. In fact, his next sip found his lips echoing hers, covering the imprint like a secondhand kiss. He held her gaze as he did so, listening intently as she responded to Summer's story.

Chasing rabid dogs from the streets… not exactly in a florist's job description. He didn't think much of it, though. Perhaps a group of wild Pokémon had accosted them and they needed to protect themselves. There were all manner of normal excuses for such an adventure, after all. Any possible skepticism came and went like a petal on a breeze.

"Cheers!" Gideon raised his mug to toast and her accomplishments, adding afterwards, "So what sort of business is Prescott Industries, Summer?"

was a good brother. He couldn't monopolize all of Elisa's time and leave Gunner's date out of the conversation. That would just be rude. Still, he found himself more interested in learning about this tenacity and boldness that Elisabeth used to describe herself.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 20:02:23 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner"]

Distracting was not a word Gunner would ever use to describe his brother. Gunner raised a skeptical eyebrow at Elisabeth at her word choice, but the amused smile did not come until Gideon expressed a different interpretation of events.[break][break]

"Are you a professor at Slateport University as well as a businesswoman, Elisabeth, or just a student there?" Gunner asked. He guessed her field of study was botany, if her profession as a florist was any indication.[break][break]

Of course, he was not about to ignore his own date for the entirety of their conversation. When Summer piped up about her first meeting with Elisabeth, Gunner gave the blue-haired woman his full attention. When Gideon and Elisabeth raised their glasses in toast to Summer's success, Gunner joined them, his free hand giving her leg a gentle squeeze under the table again.[break][break]

"Cheers, darling." A rare warmth suffused Gunner's voice as he flashed her a proud smile. Her feats really were impressive — and not because he did not believe she was capable of them. No, Gunner's impression of Summer from the very beginning was that she was a force to be reckoned with. She knew precisely how to wield her charisma, intellect, money, and resources to achieve her goals.[break][break]

That made her dangerous, and also incredibly alluring. Gunner had to take care not to be drawn in by her magnetism.

NOTES

Outfit

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.gunner]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner .gunnertext b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 15:58:53 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
Summer couldn't help a small scoff at Elisabeth's words, though the flattery was certainly something she ate up. She smirked behind her glass, taking a sip to hide her pleasure.

"Thank you, thank you. I hope business goes smoothly this coming year, compared to how my father left things."

With wallowing loyalists, needing to be taken down, and a network of trade that was no longer substantial in her or 's eyes. It was quite disgusting. But the deeds were done, thanks to partnering with and . All lost to the wind...

She raised her gaze to Gideon, smiling as though as was interested in sharing her information about her business with him. "We are a business liaison. We serve as many connections between individuals needing jobs or trades. However, we also specialize in certain trades from other regions as well, though that had been put on hold for a while given the past circumstances. Luckily, we had stocks saved so we didn't crash when the dome came over the region."

Elisabeth would know that Summer was only sharing her legal details. And she was being careful about it as well, since Summer had been informed as of late that there was a mole around trying to find out the dirty details of her business to expose her or arrest her.