awards
174 posts
part of
TAG WITH @msdumot
LORELEI DU'MOT
‹ bloody arena › [base]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 0:54:37 GMT
LORELEI DU'MOT Avatar
SECRET BASE GUARDIAN: LORELEI'S FAVORITE HOUNDOOM, WEARING A HEAVY CHAIN COLLAR AND LOOKING FEROCIOUS - READY TO FIGHT AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT.

DECORATIONS: Steel bars making the entire base look like a huge kennel, pokedolls with their heads ripped off and bloodied, various houndooms playing and romping around in the background.

TRAPS: FAKE FLAG, the REAL FLAG is fetched by the houndoom upon offering it a treat or other means to appease it.
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,776 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
‹ bloody arena › [base]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 8:53:29 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Entering this secret base makes her feel as if she's walked right into a pokemon shelter of sorts. One filled with many, many disgruntled Houndooms who find ripping pokedolls to shreds fun.[break][break]

She can't quite blame them. There was lots of joy that she had derived from ripping some other kid's pokedoll when they picked a fight on the playground. Still, she's not here to pick a fight against some angsty canines. She's here to claim her flag and then get a move onto the next secret base. Pulling a lunchbox from her backpack, she offers the most prominent looking Houndoom a few pieces of chicken.[break][break]

"You wouldn't happen to know where the real flag is, would you?"[break][break]

As the Houndoom starts to walk away from her, she doesn't quite know if she's disappointed or relieved. So she starts to look around, half certain that she'll have a bit of time before she gets mauled. But Eyja barks to catch her attention, drawing it back to the returning Houndoom with a flag in its maws.[break][break]

"Oh, thank you... We're still not friends, are we?"[break][break]

A ferocious growl sees her grabbing the flag and hightailing it out of there.
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"]secret base delving

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/zU3xbnI.png);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/zU3xbnI.png);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
‹ bloody arena › [base]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 14:28:46 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
This was Hell. A steel cage filled with infernal dogs rabidly running around with no leash, tearing Pokédolls to shreds, marking their territory, and even making... Houndour babies. It was just like that one wrestling match of Botchamania fame.

"Hi, doggy. Who's a good boy?" Meekly approaching the Houndoom that looked like the alpha of the pack, Andrea offered it a rare bone. Presumably appeased with the offering, the quadruped devil moved to the back and fetched a flag, before barking at the costumed human to get lost.
//flag captured
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,070 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
‹ bloody arena › [base]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 21:02:26 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh returned from 's Gym astride Komainu, his Moundoom, minding his speed on the municipal roads. He got stares from motorists and others riding more common Pokémon due to how unusual his mount was, though he got an equal number of waves from people recognizing him as Mauville's Gym Leader. As he made a turn eastward toward highway 116 and Rusturf Tunnel, he heard the sound of canine Pokémon fighting.

His Ranger instincts taking over, Josh turned his Houndoom mount toward the noise, finding a fierce-looking kennel with a Houndoom that was also Komainu's size. The two growled at each other, Josh's Houndoom bucking him off for his own safety. "Hey, what's gotten into you?" he asked the dark-type. When it looked like the two were about to get into a fight, the Elite Ranger remembered he still had some leftover sweet treats from his visit to @micah 's Secret Base. Unwrapping two hard candies, he fed one to Komainu and attempted to feed the other one to the snarling, horned canine guarding the base.

Provided his offering was enough to end the confrontation, Josh would gratefully accept the fire-type's flag, mount up, and flee the iron kennel on Komainu's back.

{WC: 202}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Komainu        Honudoom        Good

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,448 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
‹ bloody arena › [base]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 21:30:44 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
There was an unexpected delay from Verdanturf's tanner, necessitating a trip to the nearby Mauville City to finish the saddle for Grimmie, the Houndoom that had taken over two months to warm up to her. The vicious-looking dog was almost as big as Caprice was, the Ninetales and Houndoom chasing one another with the golden fox bringing Shalin along for the rush in the process.

The trainer and her two Pokémon, on the way to a pit stop in Rustboro city while waiting for the delivery to arrive in Verdanturf, happened upon a long tunnel that she sworn she could have heard the howls and barks of canine Pokémon coming from, she withdrew Caprice, landing on her feet as her mount disappeared from underneath her. Walking alongside Grimmie, Shalin saw a pack of vicious-looking Houndoom at what appeared to be quite rough play, a spike-collared one similar to an Alpha Pokémon in size watching over the rest.

A reckless but fun idea got into the girl's head. While the alpha was distracted not only by a sour treat she intended to give to Grimmie, but by the tough talk Grimmie was retorting with after the large one's attempt to belittle her, Shalin thrust her hands onto the black dog's sides and mounted it without warning! She moved her hands to the backs of the Pokémon's horns, as though she was steering Grimmie.

The wannabe cowgirl whooped as the smaller Houndoom retreated to the edges of the kennel, watching as the uncooperative duo put on white the show for them. The larger Houndoom lt out a terrifying howl before running in sharp circles around the arena, sliding and swerving to reverse direction and use the unwanted rider's momentum against them. It only took a few sudden turns and about-faces to unseat her, the Houndoom flinging her out the tunnel entrance and bopping her shoulder with the pole of the base's flag before retreating to her rightful place in the den.

{WC: 333}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Grimmie        Houndoom        Good
Caprice        Ninetales       Good

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
‹ bloody arena › [base]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2023 13:48:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"BABY BABY GIIIIIRL!" Danny shouted at the Houndoom he'd recently grown familiar with.

He can't help but run forward towards the creature, but Lorelei's prized Houndoom, Mother, pounces threateningly on him. He can't help but grin up at the doglike pokemon before he reaches up and rubs her face, unaware of the possibility that Mother could snap at him. But he's so blissfully unaware and stupid that Mother can't help but allow her guard down. Danny switched their positions to scratch the dog's stomach as he knelt at her side. The Houndoom seemed to absolutely be eating it up though. It was like the hardened creature was a simple pup again, happy to accept the attention Danny gave her. He couldn't help the way he continued to baby talk the proud creature.

It wasn't long until the proud fire/dark type got up and wandered away from Danny. He seemed sad at first, but pleasantly surprised when the dog returned with a flag for him. Danny grinned at the creature before he gave her another firm pat on the maw.

"Good girl, give Lorelei my regards!"

PROMPT COMPLETED: INTERACT WITH THE SECRET BASE GUARDIAN
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,322 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
‹ bloody arena › [base]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2023 16:11:41 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Another day, another Secret Base to uncover. What wonders awaited Isaac today-[break][break]

"Nnnnnnnope."[break][break]

Isaac promptly turned on his heel and walked away from that madhouse, because he enjoyed being alive.[break][break]

When he returned, he ensured that he was properly armed. Restaurants felt like throwing out perfectly good food? Not on Isaac's watch! After doing a little tour around the city, Isaac was armed with nearly every cut of meat known to man. If he slung those around as distractions, surely he'd be able to sneak through the kennel and look for the flag.[break][break]

The good news; as soon as he started slinging meat around, the alpha Houndoom rewarded him with the location of the flag.[break][break]

The bad news; there was an expectant look in his eyes after. There were expectant looks in all of their eyes. Perhaps Isaac had been a little overly generous . . .[break][break]

Isaac ran like hell before his insides were turned into his outsides.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
‹ bloody arena › [base]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2023 16:17:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Gaultier allowed his presence to be known so the Houndoom didn't opt to attack. With a hand outstretched to show his palm, he carefully approached the dog to show that he meant no harm. With the familar scent, the Houndoom seemed to sit at attention. Perhaps this Houndoom belonged to someone he was acquainted with? The scars upon the creature's maw showed that to be just the case. He looked down at the bag he'd carried and frowned. Seemed he'd have to share his lunch with the Houndoom for a flag. After he dug out the bag that held his steak au poivre, a Kalosian dish he'd prepared himself, he ripped off a chunk and offered it out to the Houndoom. She sniffed it curiously and then ripped right into the chunk.

"Tell you what, I'll give you the other half of it if you can go give me your flag, hm?"

With the offer made, the Houndoom wandered off, then came back with the base's flag in her maw. Gaultier carefully accepted it, then offered the other chunk of the filet mignon to the dog. While she was distracted with ripping it apart, Gaultier took his leave.

PROMPT COMPLETED : ENTER A SECRET BASE OWNED BY A ROCKET MEMBER
close tab

played by

balance

Al
he/him
twenty-six
June 17
Blackthorn City, Johto
bisexual
gym leader
gym leader
53 height
53 height
This soul of mine breaks over and over ...
awards
291 posts
alec foster DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alec
alec foster
‹ bloody arena › [base]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2023 0:15:04 GMT
alec foster Avatar
This might have been one of Alec's craziest escapades to date. However, he was fairly certain that he'd be able to get the flag here with no problem. Alec walked inside the large the kennel, catching the attention of the houndoom to snarl at him, however, despite their snarling, Alec continued his steady pace inside without even faltering. Alec spotted the Alpha chained up, making his way towards it, stopping a fairly safe distance as the houndoom attempted to lunge at him, only to come up a few feet short of him.

"Now is that any way to treat a friend who brought ya a treat?" Alec had said, grinning while flashing a lollipop in front of the alpha houndoom, making it whine. Putting a treat in front of any dog-like pokemon was the best way to earn their respect. "If I give you this, how 'bout you give me the flag, yeah?" Alec grinned. At first, the houndoom seemed hesitant, but seemingly enough it sat down on all fours, conceding to Alec's exchange. Alec tossed the lollipop in front of it, letting the houndoom go to town. Once it was finished, it got up to go get the flag, returning it with it in its mouth, and dropping it in Alec's hand. Alec gave the houndoom a good petting and then decided to make his leave before the houndoom got bored of him. Inferno won't like the fact that I gave the last lollipop away, but it was either that or beat the crap out of the entire kennel ..." Alec thought to himself, and as much as the latter seemed enticing, he'd rather not deal with the headache.

Notes:
- Flag Captured!
- Prompt Completed: Interact with the secret base guardian.

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

She/Them
15 (Estimated)
April 5th
Route 119/Fortree
???
Wandering Wildchild
Cadet
N/A
Uninterested
87 height
87 height
HABABABABA
awards
562 posts
Ettie DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ettie
Ettie
‹ bloody arena › [base]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2023 6:30:15 GMT
Ettie Avatar
It was an imposing sight, the large houndoom - and Anne, safe to say, did not take kindly to the more hostile reception it presented. When the hellhound curled its lips at her, she'd curl her lips back - standing straight and tall, holding her head high. Both canines were posturing at each other with clear tension, and things were quickly looking as though they were about to break out into a fight for the flag...

... But Ettie wasn't about to let that happen. Stepping between the two canids, Ettie would gently push Anne back by the snout - murmuring "Relax," with a gentle smile. Then, with her opposite hand, she'd extend the houndoom a peace offering - some jerky, which the hellhound briefly sniffed at. "Friend?" Ettie offered warmly, as she glanced to the dark-type.

Slowly, the houndoom accepted the jerky - and both canids would reluctantly, begrudgingly, turn away from one another. Tension lingered in the air, but things began to calm - especially when the houndoom retrieved a flag for the duo. Either this was their own peace offering, or this was their way of just telling them to leave already. Regardless, Ettie would accept the flag - chirping "Thank you!" before she hopped back onto Anne's back, the duo making their departure before either canid could start getting agitated all over again.