Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,006 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Five Days of Remembrance
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 14:05:17 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]FIVE DAYS OF REMEMBRANCE

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

MINI-EVENT
ENDS NOVEMBER 30TH, 11:59 PM PST

EXPOSITION

IT'S BEEN A YEAR SINCE THE PROJECTED IMPACT OF THE 99943 METENO METEOROID, which would have brought cataclysmic devastation to Hoenn and decimated its human and Pokemon population. Since then, the people of Hoenn have faced numerous other emergencies, disasters, and life-or-death crises that have brought confusion, chaos, and panic. For many, those times of sabotage and strife, travail and trauma are best left behind to be buried and forgotten.[break][break]

Yet, forgetting isn't always the easiest thing to do — or the healthiest response to stress and struggle, either. Instead of trying to bury these harrowing experiences, a few enterprising souls are trying to reforge them into something more cheerful and hopeful. A new tradition: a celebration of endurance and survival, even in the face of impending doom, faction warfare, and multiversal peril.[break][break]

During the month of November, friends and loved ones can exchange a series of five gifts in remembrance of the five days when Hoenn civilians were evacuated into bunkers and shelters in anticipation of 99943 METENO's predicted impact. Like a mini advent calendar, one gift is opened and enjoyed each day. The days and themes for each gift are as follows:[break][break]

• Day 1: In memory of Hoenn's cities and towns going dark as civilians were evacuated, the gift is something that holds or gives off light.
  • [break]
  • Day 2: In memory of the suspense and anxiety inspired by a potential apocalypse, the gift is something to entertain and amuse.
  • [break]
  • Day 3: In memory of the pain and grief caused by faction clashes, the gift is something to soothe and comfort.
  • [break]
  • Day 4: In recognition of new rifts to other worlds being opened and new discoveries being made, the gift is something for travel.
  • [break]
  • Day 5: In recognition of everything that was lost and won, the gift is something to eat, drink, or both. A small portion should be left as an offering in honor of the sacrifices made to ensure Hoenn's ongoing existence.

GUIDELINES

INSTRUCTIONS

• Respond to this thread using the template outlined in the post below.
  • [break]
  • The gifts will be immediately delivered to their recipient upon posting.
  • [break]
  • You are allowed to give whatever you like to the recipient, but please try to make sure they generally fit each of the five days' themes.
  • [break]
  • There is no limit to the number of recipients you may give gifts to.
  • [break]
  • Be sure to tag the recipient where indicated on the template below.
  • [break]
  • Feel free to change the pictured icons as you like. (They are size 55x55, for reference.)
  • [break]
  • Have fun!

REWARDS

REWARDS

EACH OF YOUR CHARACTERS can send any number of remembrance gift collections to friends, family, and loved ones. Each character can REDEEM THE FOLLOWING REWARDS ONCE after participating. These rewards can be placed into your PCs immediately (without needing to be redeemed in the Site Shop):[break][break]

Reward for Participation (Giving a Full Sequence of Gifts to 1 Person)[break]
1 TM/TR[break][break]

Reward for Participating 3 Times (Giving the Full Sequence of Gifts to 3 People)[break]
1 Premium Gachapon Ticket[break]

TEMPLATE

REMEMBRANCE DAY GIFTS

Celebrating survival and hope in the face of hardship[break][break]
TO: @tag[break][break] FROM: @yourtag[break][break] MESSAGE: "May these gifts bring you joy and strength to face whatever lies ahead." (Or whatever message you'd like to send!)
Day 1 Gift: You open your gift and find:[break][break]
EXAMPLE: A decorative hanging lantern no larger than a woman's hand, with glass sides painted in delicate watercolor strokes with a pattern of red and orange leaves. When the small candle inside is lit, the undulating flame makes the bright leaves ripple, bringing a sense of everlasting autumn into the room.

Day 2 Gift: You open your gift and find:[break][break]
EXAMPLE: A book filled with hundreds of logic puzzles and riddles

Day 3 Gift: You open your gift and find:[break][break]
EXAMPLE: A thick, cozy velour blanket lined with fluffy white fleece.

Day 4 Gift: You open your gift and find:[break][break]
EXAMPLE: A book containing dozens of useful everyday phrases (with handy phonetic pronunciation guides and photos) in different languages, from Johtonian to Kalosian and Paldean.

Day 5 Gift: You open your gift and find:[break][break]
EXAMPLE: A box of chocolate truffles with various fillings: hazelnut, orange cream, raspberry cream, lemon, caramel, and espresso.

Gifts Template

[nospaces][blockquote][h1]REMEMBRANCE DAY GIFTS[/h1]

[b]Celebrating survival and hope in the face of hardship[/b][break][break]

[b]TO:[/b] @tag[break][break] [b]FROM:[/b] @yourtag[break][break]
[b]MESSAGE:[/b] "May these gifts bring you joy and strength to face whatever lies ahead." (Or whatever message you'd like to send!)

[quote][img style="max-width:100%;border:#cccccc solid 1px;padding:5px;height:55px;width:55px;" src="https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/768524645766397953/1141475563945603124/55x55candle.png"][b]Day 1 Gift:[/b] You open your gift and find:[break][break][spoiler]SOMETHING THAT GIVES OFF OR HOLDS LIGHT. (Rewrite as desired!)[/spoiler][/quote]

[quote][img style="max-width:100%;border:#cccccc solid 1px;padding:5px;height:55px;width:55px;" src="https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/768524645766397953/1141475585453994115/55x55dice.png"][b]Day 2 Gift:[/b] You open your gift and find:[break][break][spoiler]SOMETHING TO ENTERTAIN AND AMUSE. (Rewrite as desired!)[/spoiler][/quote]

[quote][img style="max-width:100%;border:#cccccc solid 1px;padding:5px;height:55px;width:55px;" src="https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/768524645766397953/1141475609718042675/55x55bear.png"][b]Day 3 Gift:[/b] You open your gift and find:[break][break][spoiler]SOMETHING THAT SOOTHES AND COMFORTS. (Rewrite as desired!)[/spoiler][/quote]

[quote][img style="max-width:100%;border:#cccccc solid 1px;padding:5px;height:55px;width:55px;" src="https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/768524645766397953/1141475631541002331/55x55boat.png"][b]Day 4 Gift:[/b] You open your gift and find:[break][break][spoiler]SOMETHING FOR TRAVEL.(Rewrite as desired!)[/spoiler][/quote]

[quote][img style="max-width:100%;border:#cccccc solid 1px;padding:5px;height:55px;width:55px;" src="https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/768524645766397953/1141475674100613140/55x55cake.png"][b]Day 5 Gift:[/b] You open your gift and find:[break][break][spoiler]SOMETHING TO EAT OR DRINK, OR BOTH. (Rewrite as desired!)[/spoiler][/quote][/blockquote]

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,644 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Five Days of Remembrance
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 22:52:14 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
[nospaces]

REMEMBRANCE DAY GIFTS

TO: , , [break][break] FROM: [break][break]
MESSAGE: "League or Rocket, we all lost something that day. May these gifts bring you comfort and hope for a better tomorrow."

A SCENTED CANDLE WITH A FUECOCO'S FLAME BURNING. A small note comes with the gift that reads: "May Hoenn see warmer days and the never-melt ice thaw."

A TOY POKEBALL. When you open it, a tiny Fuecoco figurine pops out. Now that's amusing!

A PORTRAIT OF AN ADORABLE FUECOCO. For some reason, looking at it fills you with comfort.

A THERMOS WITH A FUECOCO STICKER ON IT. Great for staying hydrated while traveling!

A HOMEMADE RAYQUAZA CAKE. The note that comes with it reads: "A tribute to our lord and savior Rayquaza, who saved Hoenn from certain destruction."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,723 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Five Days of Remembrance
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 8:42:00 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]

REMEMBRANCE DAY GIFTS

TO: [break][break]

Day 1 Gift: Left on the kitchen counter with a plate of freshly baked cookies, there's something carefully wrapped up in a lavender-scented cloth and a card with the words 'With you in the dark'. You open your gift and find:[break][break]
A glass orb with an Aggron carefully carved within. When held in the dark, the Aggron glows softly.

Day 2 Gift: The gift wrapping is just that little bit off. You can tell by the way it's crinkled just slightly in a corner, the kind of way that you wouldn't notice if you had simply just opened the package without hesitation. There really is quite a bit of tape on it, huh? You open your gift and find:[break][break]
What looks to be a baking cookbook, filled with many cute recipes on treats shaped or decorated just like pokemon. But perhaps, the sender had been in the children's section when they were looking for this. You wonder if it's because it's the only shelf they could reach without asking for assistance.

Day 3 Gift: It's sitting on the table in the morning, right beside a plate of still warm pancakes shaped and decorated like a Yamper's butt. You realise that it's:[break][break]
A handmade Wooper amigurumi. You swear you've seen it around before, the memories of it is pretty fresh. Maybe it's because Eris keeps giving you a squint and a slight pout, before tucking it away when you catch her in the middle of messing with string.

Day 4 Gift: There's knocking at your door. If you missed it the first time around, it'd get louder. Leave it for a little longer, and it'd get audibly loud but seemingly more sparse. As if whoever outside is worried that they might just be interrupting something. You open your door and find:[break][break]
A pair of biker goggles left hanging on the door knob. You can still spy the culprit scurrying away from the scene of the crime, trying ever so hard to duck behind the doorways and hide.

Day 5 Gift: Your little gift fairy can't keep getting away. You walk right into the kitchen and find:[break][break]
Eris carefully holding a brush and painting something right on the counter. Looking up, she pouts.[break][break]

"Well, someone doesn't have to go hiking around the entire region for these. But you could've at least waited till I was done."[break][break]

The Quagsire macarons have little Woopers dangling off them too, the dopey facial expressions drawn out of sheer memory. She seems a little nervous when you take a closer look at them, fidgeting with the brush in her hands even when she gestures for you to try one.[break][break]

"Do you like it...?"

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
Five Days of Remembrance
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 6:48:57 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]

REMEMBRANCE DAY GIFTS

TO: [break][break] FROM: [break][break]

DAY 1 GIFT: You find a small packaged gift at a former hideout you once used with ADMIN FOX. Upon opening it, you find a LITWICK CANDLE.

MESSAGE: "Something told me you might like this. Thanks for partnering up with me during these tough times."

DAY 2 GIFT: You open your gift and find a PSYDUCK BOBBLEHEAD.

SOMETHING THAT SOOTHES AND COMFORTS. (Rewrite as desired!)

SOMETHING FOR TRAVEL.(Rewrite as desired!)

SOMETHING TO EAT OR DRINK, OR BOTH. (Rewrite as desired!)
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
Five Days of Remembrance
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 16:17:03 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]

REMEMBRANCE DAY GIFTS

TO: , , , , [break][break] FROM: [break][break]
MESSAGE: "Thank you all for welcoming me to the region in such a warm and friendly way. It is comforting to know that even in the midst of such strife, true relationships can stand the test of anything."

Day 1 Gift: You open your gift and find:[break][break]A candle modeled after a Master Ball, the rarest and strongest Pokeball ever made. Strong enough to capture the most enduring and meaningful relationships and make sure they can remain strong.

Day 2 Gift: You open your gift and find:[break][break]A coloring book filled with relaxing sceneries and images to color in with any medium your heart desires, letting go of the outside world for just a moment to get lost in the colors that need to flow!

Day 3 Gift: You open your gift and find:[break][break]Whether it be to keep out the cold or have a sense of comfort and safety, this scarf will make sure that you can keep your warmest and most thoughtful feelings close to you in spite of the harshness outside.

Day 4 Gift: You open your gift and find:[break][break]No matter where you find yourself, hopefully you will always be able to find warmth and comfort and solace with this thermal blanket.

Day 5 Gift: You open your gift and find:[break][break]Taiyaki cakes!
[/spoiler]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
what would you trade the pain for? i'm not sure.
awards
219 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
Five Days of Remembrance
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 18:11:47 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]

REMEMBRANCE DAY GIFTS

MESSAGE: "a small token of appreciation. it's not much, but i hope you still like it."

a three-wick candle, with the scent of 'dreamy autumn sunset.' Despite its name, the fragrance is subtle and sweet, and there is a cute depiction of a pumpkaboo and an autumn sawsbuck on the label.

TO: @saturn [break][break] FROM: [break][break]
MESSAGE: "we've had a lot of fun together, haven't we? here's to more fun times in the future."

a metallic puzzle cube, serving as both a fancy fidget toy but also as an easy way to mentally challenge yourself. Heavier than it looks!

MESSAGE: "a small thank-you gift for your hard work on my tattoo, on top of everything. i hope it's to your liking."

incense and an incense holder! There are multiple scents: teakwood, sage, citrus, and rose!

MESSAGE: "since you and i are always on the road, i had this gift with that in mind. enjoy."

a pair of blue, finger-less gloves that are durable and made for travel. They're good for handling poke balls as well as protecting your palms from dry arid air!

MESSAGE: "i figured with how busy you are, you could use the occasional pick-me-up."

a dual pack of pokemon-themed energy drinks! Unlike usual energy drinks, these ones are low on sugar and are promised to still be delicious, somehow! The cans also feature cute pokemon designs on the labels, too!
close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
Coordinator
Civilian
i have a dream where you and i have the same dream!
awards
175 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
Five Days of Remembrance
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 18:56:57 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar
[nospaces]

REMEMBRANCE DAY GIFTS

MESSAGE: "hi big sis genny! i just wanted to say thank you so much for being there for me! i got you a little gift as a show of my love and appreciation! let's have even more fun together!!"

a nightlight lamp in the shape of a pikachu! It has a setting that changes colors, and is just super cute, besides that!

MESSAGE: "heya maki! thanks so much for teaching me dance moves and just being a really cool friend! i don't know how much you like video games, but i got you the latest installment in a rhythm game series that reminded me of you! i hope you like it!"

a popular rhythm game for a commonly used video game console. The game itself features cute idols that dance along to various songs, and the player has to hit all the right notes in a timely manner! The physical gift is wrapped up in a pink bow, too!

MESSAGE: "shigure!!! it's so great that we're in the same region again!! i'm always happy to hang out with you!! i realize that it's been so long since i last made you something, so please enjoy this poncho i made with you in mind!! hope it's as comfy as it is cute!!"

a black and dusty yellow poncho, with a black fringe along the edges. It's very soft and comfortable, but durable and airy for any type of weather! There's no clothing tag but instead a tiny note is stuffed in the pocket, written in pink gel pen: i love you so much!! also washer settings don't matter but hang dry only pls <3

MESSAGE: "hi riley! i was just thinking of you, so i got you a teensy little gift! i hope you like it, i was thinking you could put all sorts of stuff in that bag, maybe even your camera!! much love from momo!"

a leather cross body bag! It's light and durable, perfect for any occasion on-the-go!

MESSAGE: "josh, thank you so much for helping me retrieve my bulbasaur from those psychic pokemon! i feel like any gift i give is never gonna be enough, but i hope this little token of appreciation is a good place to start! enjoy some delicious and refreshing boba tea for your busy days!"

a pack of six boba teas! The flavors are various, but they're said to be the most premium ones on the block! Super delicious and refreshing!
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,582 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Five Days of Remembrance
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 2:50:35 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]

REMEMBRANCE DAY GIFTS

A tiny pink unicorn nightlight.

Unicorn wrist hugger wrap.

Glittering unicorn stress ball.

Glittering unicorn waterproof stainless steel water bottle (with travel cozy).

Unicorn cookies with special edible glitter frosting.
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,006 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Five Days of Remembrance
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 4:07:58 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[nospaces]

REMEMBRANCE DAY GIFTS

MESSAGE: "With friendship, gratitude, and affection for all the help, comfort, good advice, and wonderful company you've given me this past year. With love, from Aurelie."

A delicate paper lantern painted with black cherry blossom branches flourishing with vivid vermilion flowers.

A DVD compilation of several famous wrestling matches, entitled "Best Tag Team Moments, Volume 1."

A small bottle of fragrant oil, smelling of lavender, jasmine, and chamomile.

A versatile, lightweight multi-tool with a screwdriver, pocket knife, pliers, scissors, bottle opener, rope cutter, spoon, and other attachments.

A box of sugar-dusted madeleines.
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,006 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Five Days of Remembrance
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 18:20:32 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[nospaces]

REMEMBRANCE DAY GIFTS

MESSAGE: "Because you deserve nice things in your life. And because you're one of the nicest things in my life. Love, Aurelie."

A small vintage stained-glass table lamp sculpted like a shining lighthouse.

A hand-crafted steel letter opener shaped like a Honedge, complete with a tasseled blue ribbon.

A small, electric massage pillow that fits against the back of a chair or couch and offers options for varying types of massage and levels of firmness, as well as heat.

A historical travelogue consisting of a hundred essays encompassing journeys through every region, including the great cities and many natural wonders of the world, with beautiful full-color photos and maps.

An assortment of chocolate-covered strawberries, raspberries, orange slices, and other fruit.
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,006 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Five Days of Remembrance
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 16:09:15 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[nospaces]

REMEMBRANCE DAY GIFTS

MESSAGE: "Family supports each other's hobbies and passions, even when they're apart. And friends are the family you choose." The message is left unsigned.

A lightweight headlamp on an adjustable buckled headband, useful for providing hands-free illumination for hiking, running, camping, exploring, doing repair work, or just looking around the house.

A copy of the Player's Handbook for her favorite fantasy tabletop roleplaying game, which is very similar to the one you played together before but (in her opinion, anyway) has better rules, mechanics, and storytelling.

A modest gardening gift basket in a terracotta planter pot, containing gloves, small trowel, hand rake, bottle of sunscreen, and several seed packets for crocuses, impatiens, zinnias, and echinaceas (coneflowers).

A set of large, fluffy, soft towels. Simple, but massively useful.

A pint of cookie dough and caramel ripple ice cream.
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Five Days of Remembrance
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 23:00:57 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

REMEMBRANCE DAY GIFTS

MESSAGE: Inside of the box that should have heralded Eris' first gift is simply a note.[break][break]

"What? You didn't think I'd just give these to you, did you? Gonna have to try a little harder than that, sis![break][break]

"But, if you really want a hint, the first one's a lot closer than you think."

On the beach where Eris and Isaac shared her birthday celebration, she would find a treasure trove: boxes and boxes of fireworks, stacked up in a great pile on the sand. Unfortunately, the payload inside the box would be a bit less impressive than what the outside suggested: a little mix of sparklers, ground spinners, and cone fountains.[break][break]

"Don't worry, we can light the rest of 'em up together. Safety in numbers. 'Til then, I gotta sit on 'em a little longer.[break][break]

"We found where you had your big night, but now you gotta find where I had mine if you wanna get your next gift."

The second gift, sure enough, would be deep in Petalburg Woods, where the healing rains first kissed the decayed land. Here, both the damage that had caused the land to fester and the blooms of new life were both at their strongest, a living yin and yang. It would be here that Eris would notice a scarecrow with a note pinned to its chest and a monstrous looking leafy green mask.[break][break]

"I saw a bunch of masks from a traveling trader. Said they told the story of some far-off legend. He warned me this one's the bad guy's, but, I know you don't mind that. The heroes looked weird and ugly, anyway.[break][break]

"Speaking of heroes, here's your next hint. Where does yours like to sleep?"

Hoenn had a lot of caves, but Dewford's Granite Cave was one of its most notable. Much of the cave was still on lockdown after the Ultra Deep Sea war, but since when did that stop Eris? A flash of reflective red would tip her off to where her gift was kept: a large stuffed Luxray, looking expectantly towards her. It was even on a little velvet cushion to make sure it didn't get dirty.[break][break]

"I know it's nothing compared to the real deal, but let's be honest. We both know Rei's one of a kind.[break][break]

"Bet you gotta be tired, too. Maybe you should catch a good night's sleep somewhere familiar."

The Mossdeep House. Eris hadn't been there since their little plan to catch Chu-e, but surely it would still be fresh on her mind. It would also be where her fourth gift awaited: a book of myths from around the globe, separated out by region and city. Most of them Eris had surely already heard, but the ones that it seemed like she'd especially like were marked with little sticky notes.[break][break]

"There ya go. Something to help you drift off. Maybe, once this is all over, we can use it as a travel guide, too.[break][break]

". . . Crapbaskets, I'm running out of scavenger hunt riddles. Uh . . . text me when you find this?"

No wonder Isaac had been too tired to work on any other riddles. He was too busy putting his own gifts to proper use. After all, Eris had gotten him a cookbook, and Isaac knew there was nothing she'd love more than to see how much he appreciated it. He was still getting a handle on the aesthetics of baking, but the plate of Wooper whoopie pies he had ready were clearly made with love.[break][break]

"See? Knew you'd figure it out! Just in time, too. Not a cloud in the night sky. How about you sit back, relax, and have a bite, while I get this big box of fireworks taken care of?[break][break]

". . . Ugh, you're gonna keep giving me that look until I let you light one, huh? Fiiiiine. But I'm gonna be right here to make sure nothing goes wrong, okay?"
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Five Days of Remembrance
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 23:18:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

REMEMBRANCE DAY GIFTS

MESSAGE: I know this'll never make up for all the Christmases and birthdays I missed, but words can't describe how proud I am of you for how far you've come. I wish we could've given you a better Hoenn, but you're always gonna be the shining star of it. Thanks for giving me another chance, El.[break][break]

A book containing tutorials on how to implement light into various cosplays, both through reflective materials such as metals and mirrors and through actually weaving lights into more traditional materials.

A portable power bank for gaming on the go, easily rechargeable by most electric types and compatible with many types of hardware.

A weighted blanket, patterned to call to mind a slumbering Ursaluna.

A new walking stick, made from polished wood taken from Ceres the Torterra's branches. Little carvings of El's Pokemon line the length of the stick.

A thermos full of hot, hearty, flavor-loaded soup, perfect for taking into a ranger mission as the days grow shorter and colder.
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Five Days of Remembrance
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 23:46:17 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

REMEMBRANCE DAY GIFTS

MESSAGE: Thank you for being why I was even strong enough to make it this far. If I can give you even half of the strength and confidence that you've given me, then all of this has been worth it. If you ever need anything, I'm always going to be here for you, okay? [break][break]

A crystal of Nevermeltice frozen from Suicune's waters, its prismatic surfaces seeming to reflect rainbow light through its surfaces.

Two tickets to an outdoor climbing gym, obstacle course, and adventure park, where Caleb will finally be free to flex his stuff.

A spare key to Isaac's new home, along with the implicit promise that wherever Isaac goes, Caleb will always be welcome and will always be his brother.

A Tinder profile, potential matches already lined up from every city in the region.

A select few food and drink recipes that Isaac can remember from the dearly departed Howling, a last secret act of rebellion against between these brothers.
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Five Days of Remembrance
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 23:53:25 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

REMEMBRANCE DAY GIFTS

MESSAGE: We're gonna save this region, and I can't think of anyone I'd rather let have my back.[break][break]

A novelty headlamp shaped like an Unown-Q. Rotating its little tail changes how diffused or focused the light is.

A ticket for a motorcycle rental, redeemable for a few days whenever Nomi sees fit.

Brass knuckles . . . ? Wait, was this gift sent by mistake? Or is the cheeky bastard just that confident that he knows exactly who Nomi's comfort is?

A scientific atlas of the Pokemon world, listing every city's most noteworthy discovery and inventions.

A beer in an unremarkable looking can, labelled "test batch #7." Mediocre as it may be, it was clearly made with love and care.