2,340 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
A TRANSFER OF POWER PT. 2 (ROCKET)
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2021 17:09:02 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam would've wanted front row seats to everything, but the talk about brownies was enough to bait him not to pull the rocket beast all the way up to the front. either way, he was too engrossed on their talk to listen intently anyways, so the back row was probably for the better.

he was expecting actual smokes from the case, but his sweet tooth wouldn't say no to free candy. he takes one from 's case and quickly sticks it in his mouth.

"what? that's too absurd?!" he protests with a lollipop on his mouth. he takes a moment to taste the fruity flavor of it before taking it out by the stick from his mouth and continuing. "missile launchers on its back. that's the way to do it."

watching cartoon shows in the morning may have influenced his decision to suggest it, though he can't say that it wouldn't fit the lugia aesthetically.

"you think we're here for a beach party?" he asks him. "i'm ready for a beach party."

@tags
close tab

played by

NPC

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
207 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2021 7:23:36 GMT
NPC Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]A TRANSFER OF POWER PT. 2

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

PLOT THREAD
ROCKET-EXCLUSIVE EVENT

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_qf8uw0HIZB1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player][break][break]

FLOETTE

INITIALLY, THE FLOETTE seems scared. However, it resigns itself to its duty. Quietly, the flower Pokemon settles in the cannon-like machine. As it enters its little slot, the front opens up like a blooming flower, revealing a sharp barrel that looks like a flower's stigma.[break][break][break]

"COTILLARD WAS KIND ENOUGH TO HELP US DEVELOP A MACHINE, CALLED AN 'ABSORBER'. THESE MACHINES WERE INSTRUMENTAL MEANS OF TRANSPORT FOR THE MEGALOPOLANS. USING THE ENERGY THESE MACHINES ARE ABLE TO SIPHON, THEY WERE ABLE REACH HOENN DESPITE THEIR LACK OF RESOURCES." Declan moves closer to the machine. "THEY REQUIRE BIOENERGY OF POKEMON TO FUNCTION. INFINITY ENERGY." A sharp shnnnk! noise traps the Floette in the machine: "THANKFULLY, WE HAVE LIMITLESS SUPPLY OF THAT."[break][break][break]

The Floette begins to scream. Visible pulses of energy sweat from the Pokemon and into the machine itself. With every vibrant pulse, the barrel charges with violent reverberations. Finally, the energy is discharged. It strikes the Shadow Lugia with fierce speed. A purple-blue cloud billows out from the creature and as the smoke dissipates into the salty air, the Lugia, less frenzied in gaze, reveals itself as unharmed.[break][break][break]

Nevertheless, something has changed. For the first time, the Lugia speaks— but no one but can hear. Telepathically, the Diving Pokemon speaks with a deep, comforting voice, but one that is twisted slightly by the poison running in its veins:[break][break][break]

"YOU HAVE BEEN KIND TO ME WHILE OTHERS HAVE NOT.[break]I FEEL CONFIDENT IN MY CHOICE OF STAYING BY YOUR SIDE."
[break][break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","chosen"]YOU ARE WORTHY
[attr="class","chosen2"]
shadow lugia has chosen , the harbinger,[break] as their avatar.[break]
[break][break][break]

gavin receives the following perks:
[break][break]

• gavin receives 10 infamy.
  • gavin can teach any of their non-shadow pokemon or another's pokemon ONE SHADOW MOVE, even if they are not able in the pokemon colosseum franchise. trading these pokemon to others must be done icly and requires staff consultation.
  • gavin himself can conjure a SHADOW MIASMA that can be directed like a powerful gale thanks to shadow lugia's own dominion over the wind. within the SHADOW MIASMA, gavin and his shadow pokemon are camouflaged but not intangible. within the SHADOW MIASMA, gavin and his pokemon have raised EVASION and SPEED.
  • every time gavin and his pokemon faint another pokemon, he is able to POSSESS the pokemon with his SHADOW MIASMA. for a brief period of time, gavin is able to reanimate the pokemon and use its moves before the possession concludes. around the fainted pokemon's body, the SHADOW MIASMA will persist for a period of time.
  • all of gavin's shadow pokemon have INCREASED STRENGTH.
  • owned shadow pokemon will not be aggressive to gavin. furthermore, most shadow pokemon will be obedient to gavin as long as he can direct that aggression onto a target and if shadow lugia is on the field.
[break][break]

DECLAN CROSSES HIS ARMS as the Lugia flaps its mighty wings. A deep purple fog swirls around Gavin like a spectral mist. Pleased, the Rocket Boss's face is adorned with a handsome, content smile. He explains further, that the Shadow Lugia has been imparted with a particular lifeforce that has allowed it to take control of more of its faculties. However, this Lugia is strong enough to handle the brunt of the Absorber. If used on a weaker Pokemon in this current state of testing, it may kill it.[break][break][break]

XERNEAS REMNANTS

IN THE MACHINE, the Floette remains shriveled, like a husk. However, it quickly reanimates with a throbbing pulse of blue. Filled with life once more, this immortal Floette shivers back to full vibrant life. "THIS FLOETTE WAS CREATED BY RESIDUAL ENERGIES LEFT BY WHAT WE BELIEVE TO BE A XERNEAS' LIFE TREE. EVEN BEFORE ITS APPEARANCE IN LITTLEROOT, ITS BIOENERGY HAS SPREAD ACROSS THE REGION'S SOIL."[break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

Declan fishes out a BEAST BALL from his pockets and tosses it to a youthful looking man with blue hair. ", AS A REWARD FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS IN LITTLEROOT, I WILL ENTRUST YOU WITH THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABOUR. ENCLOSED WITHIN THAT CAPSULE IS A GROWING GUZZLORD ONCE OWNED BY DUMONT." The previous Head Scientist had also been transferred to Kanto; in the mean time, Declan discretely searches for Xanders among the crowd.[break][break][break]

"HER BLUE MULCH IS ALSO YOURS TO USE AND EXAMINE AS A POSSIBLE LEAD. I WOULD LIKE YOU AND ANY OF YOUR ALLIES TO SEARCH FOR MORE ORGANIC REMNANTS OF XERNEAS. GROWING IVORY TREES. DO NOT DESTROY THEM. SECURE THEM FOR ROCKET INSTEAD." He casts his hand across the entire crowd.[break][break][break]

"AND THIS GOES FOR ANY OF YOU. SHOULD YOU FIND ANYTHING RELATED TO THIS INFINITY ENERGY, SECURE IT IN ROCKET'S NAME. IT IS PARAMOUNT THAT WE CAPITALIZE UPON THIS RESOURCE TO EXPAND OUR OPERATIONS." Declan looks to the sky— or perhaps, he looks further than that toward the stars. "THIS SPECIAL ENERGY WILL ALSO PROVE TO BE HELPFUL FOR BEAST AND HEAD SCIENTIST AS THEY REBUILD NEW MAUVILLE IN OUR ORGANIZATION'S NAME."[break][break][break]

Several grunts have been hoisting cargo onto the smaller stage. They pry the hard wooden faces with crowbars to reveal cages. Within them, a myriad of Shadow Pokemon growl against the bars. However, upon sighting the Shadow Lugia in the air— they become subdued. Almost subservient. In these cages, a Shadow Dodrio, Shadow Alakazam, Shadow Mime Jr., and Shadow Gardevoir await their fates.[break][break][break]

"THESE SHADOW POKEMON WILL SURELY GO TO WASTE IF THEY HAVE NO TRAINER." Declan extends a hand toward the selection. "SHOULD YOU DESIRE ONE, NOW IS YOUR TIME TO SPEAK. TELL ME, HOW WILL THE ACQUISITION OF POWER HELP YOU SERVE ROCKET?"[break][break][break]

INSTRUCTIONS

IF YOU POSSESS A TEAM ROCKET CHARACTER, you will be able to post in this thread! Feel free to reply to one another. For this ROUND OF POSTING, feel free to post with character reactions or introductory posts. A QUESTION AND ANSWER section will come later.[break][break][break]

If you would like your Rocket character to take one of those Shadow Pokemon (which can be found here), have them state their case to Declan Walsh.[break][break][break]

There will be rewards for participating.[break][break]

There are no deadlines to post yet; however, will publish moderator posts when appropriate.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,378 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2021 8:00:30 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
TRANSFER OF POWER PT. 2

Lulu glanced over her shoulder at as he walked up behind her, revealing the trace of a bruise on her cheek from the angle under her shades.

“Fine, Sir. And you?”

But her attention was stolen again in favor of the ‘Absorber.’ She watched Walsh’s cruel show before them with little empathy. As the dark energy swirled around her brother, , her jaw was left agape. She was utterly envious. An Avatar? Fuck, Cil. Talk about living in someone’s shadow.

Lulu had to pave her own way, in the other direction. She couldn’t sit around here anymore. She needed to find Dialga, go back and fix the one mistake that she cared to fix, and then come back. It made sense, because nothing else mattered. Then, she could burn the rest of the world down, guilt-free, carrying out vengeance until her bitter end. Fuck it. That was the plan.

But she had to make it work for them.

Her assistant, , was given his mission, which she cared little about except for the fact that she might need a new assistant. This sounded like a lot of travel time.

When the floor was open, Lulu, highly unlike herself, stood tall and with an unfamiliarly commanding sense of confidence.

“Sir: Let me take infinity energy further and use it for our own transport. I’d like to pursue astronautics and aerospace technology. Who knows what limitless power is to be found off this planet?” She pushed the sunglasses up on the bridge of her nose some. “Maybe we can even unlock another dimension. We all know after The War, anything is possible. ” She might sound crazy, but, things had happened to this woman. There were a few screws loose, now. Nothing Rocket wouldn’t be used to. Nothing they weren’t known to use to their advantage.

“One of these pokemon would be much appreciated for protection off the sub while I continue my research, regardless of what that is to be.” Walsh would surely know about her vulnerabilities, being a fugitive and all. Things had not been well or safe, lately. “The Alakazam would be my choice. Its high intelligence could prove useful in the lab, as well, but I'm sure they all have their strengths.”

Please, give me something fun and dangerous to play with.

close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2021 8:36:21 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar

The familiar voice of that creeps up behind her pulls a smile to her red lips. Lex always gets a kick out of his playful banter. Her amber eyes turn to catch a glimpse of his profile, “Hmph, curiosity got the best of me,” she responds playfully. Her head shifts to motion towards the main stage, “Shouldn’t you be up there with your people?” she asks, referring to the higher-ups that line the stage beside Declan.

Lex shifts from against the tree as approachs, her smile widening at the sight of him and Loveless. Her lips part to introduce Killian to Valerio but much like her lover, the words are lost at the sight of Gavin’s Lugia. The commanding presence of the beast is heavy. Lex instinctively moves to grab Killian’s arm, taking a step closer while her eyes and locked on the strange pokemon, “What the hell is that?!” she mutters to Killian. Well-educated and well-versed, she expected him to know the answer, or perhaps even Valerio knew. His question elicits a frown, but no response.

She has no fucking idea.

The events that transpire are disturbing, to say the least. The scream of the Floette is piercing, the suffering palpable. Its shriveled body is difficult to tear her eyes away from but the seemingly indestructible Lugia in all its glory is, well, magnificent.

Lex doesn’t know too much about what transpired in Littleroot, nor does she know anything about Xerneas. She doubts she ever really will. Perhaps Killian has read something in his books? She could pick his brain later. That was, if he still wanted to stick around after all this.

Declan then offered four pokemon to those that may be worthy of acquiring them. Lex had no interest in obtaining a violent, barbaric shadow pokemon. Those weren’t in her wheelhouse; she couldn’t dream of controlling such a beast.

That was, until she saw her. The Gardevoir.

There was . . . something about this one that called to her. The thief released Killian’s arm and slowly walked forward, amber eyes fixated on the strange pokemon. Its scarlet eyes bore into Lex with a haunting emptiness. Although their locked gaze was void of any meaningful connection, Lex’s intuition had her on autopilot. A whisper in the back of her mind grew louder with every step. She had to have her, she needed her. It wasn’t the Gardevoir’s power she was after, it was her talents.

“The Gardevoir,” she spoke clearly, coming to rest in front of the pokemon’s cage, “I sense a greater purpose than mere power,” power wasn’t everything, her eyes tore away from the Shadow Pokemon and up to Walsh, “I’m sure The League has plenty locked tightly away they wouldn’t want us to get our hands on,” she smiled, turning her attention back to the pokemon, “Nothing we couldn’t handle to turn the tide in our favor,” she smirked, implying the combination of her skills and the Gardveoir’s unique abilities would be an unstoppable pair.

Notes: Lex bids for a claim on the Shadow Gardevoir

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2021 8:46:00 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar couldn't believe what he saw next, Gavin's accent into avatarhood was nothing short of bone chilling. It was truly a testament to the underboss's skill as a trainer, and as he applauded with the crowd Oscar could not be more eager to follow him into battle. The sight of the dark legendary, Rocket's greatest weapon to date, was truly something special.

Something Walsh had said intrigued Oscar though. A machine that ran on pokemon bioenergy? That sounded similar to Oscar's new generator designs, if he could get a look at this 'absorber' perhaps the remaining pieces to the puzzle will become clear. Even more interesting was the task leveled toward , an honor that Oscar was more than happy to celebrate. The beast smacked Priam's back, grabbing his shoulder encouragingly as he quietly expressed congratulations.

"You totally deserve the recognition, congratulations Priam. Oh, and don't hesitate to hit me up when you go looking for trees." Xerneas, the master over life itself. What secrets could its remains hold?

Oscar's attention was drawn back to the stage as Walsh spoke his name. His efforts with were being recognized, a fact that caused Oscar to blush. He was glad that their project had caught Walsh's eye, and he couldn't wait to report the final results. Walsh concluded by bringing forth a variety of shadow pokemon, requesting that the servants of Rocket make their case to claim them. Oscar sneered, how could he not make an attempt.

When given the chance, Oscar stepped forward. He raised a hand to his chest, staring at Walsh with reverence. He spoke clearly, despite the butterflies fluttering in his stomach. "I am a loyal servant of Rocket, chosen to serve among its elite. My skill as a trainer has been proven time and time again, earning me a place amomg the Four Beasts. Yet my capability in battle is not my only merit. I have shown myself to be a valuable asset, proven by my efforts to take control over Hoenn's power grid in the name of Rocket.To obtain a new weapon for my arsenal would be invaluable as I expand my ambitions. The shdow dodrio looks especially promising. With its power I will crush all who stand in the way of our path to domination!"

Oscar's crimson eyes remained on Walsh, waiting patiently for his decision.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,862 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2021 8:56:53 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's gaze shifts to Walsh when the Rocket boss begins to speak, resting there despite the looming threat of the leviathan above. Aside from a near-imperceptible press of his lips at Floette's scream, he does not react.

When Lugia is struck by a violent pulse of energy, however, Gavin's composure falters. His muscles tense, lips parting as if to protest, eyes wide and fixed upon the legendary he'd come to command and respect. All Pokemon exist for the glory of Team Rocket, but Gavin remembers terror in facing down Necrozma and the sharp contrast of Lugia's ferocity that had ensured both of their survival. Years of conditioning to respect and obey clash hard with this knowledge, and Gavin watches the cloud of miasma disperse with jaw clenched.

And then Lugia speaks to him.

Though no other would hear the reassuring timbre of its telepathic voice, the shift in his expression is immediate and obvious: worry, to anger, to shock, and finally something that settles on awe, or perhaps his own stilted expression of joy.

He blinks, and the tension leeches from his limbs as dark fog swirls around him and pools at his feet. He feels the surge of power and knows, without being told, that he has at last been judged and found not wanting, but worthy.

Breath escapes him in a soft huff, almost a laugh, and he turns to Declan to bow his head.

"This blessing will not be forgotten." In defiance of the wind, the dark fog around the underboss remains. "Thank you."

His gratitude toward Lugia is internal, personal, but he is sure that it knows.

He settles back into a silence that brims with repressed energy, then turns to regard with a nod when the youth is entrusted with Dumont's former Ultra Beast. "Congratulations. I can't wait to see what you do with it."

His lip twitches, betraying amusement. Priam was a force of chaos that couldn't be contained; what might he accomplish with an Ultra Beast at his disposal?

Though hunger burns within the amber eyes of the underboss when the shadow Pokémon are revealed upon the stage, he is relaxed when there is breath enough to make his case. "I have chosen to study and understand these Pokémon and their unique conditions. I'm familiar with the Gardevoir, in particular; is this not the one that belonged to our admin?" A pang of sorrow and a twist of something like regret settles in Gavin's stomach, but he does not visibly react at mention of Marcel. "I have proven myself a capable commander of their aggression, and no shadow Pokémon has gone rogue under my care. Entrust one to me, and it will be as much a benefit to Rocket as I have been." He looks to Lugia, then back to Walsh. "It seems our presence calms them. Though Rocket has revealed its presence to the region, we aren't looking to inspire dread in the fragile minds of the masses. Should one of these Pokémon lose control under an incapable master, the League might utilize the incident against us."

Confident in his plea, he awaits Declan's decision with no aspirations of bitterness. He has been granted a blessing with no equal, and no amount of disappointment would take that away from him.

close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
You don't wanna see me bratty~
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2021 9:19:01 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[googlefont=Lato:300|Playfair+Display]
[attr="class","hearmenand11"]
[attr="class","hearmenand33"]
Serena's Outfit
[attr="class","hearmenand22"] Serena's dark orbs were locked onto the stage or rather the Shadow Lugia to be exact. The feeling of utter fear and reverence formed in the pit of her stomach the longer she looked at the beast. She was impressed, to say the least. But what took her by surprise was the rest of the demonstration. The Floette's demeanor grabbed her attention as she watched it take part in what could only be described as pure horror, at least to Serena.

It's scream was piercing, far worse in her mind than any of the other's she heard before it. The strength of the beam floored her as she watched the impact. Her jaw could only drop as the smoke cleared and she saw with her own eyes the sheer power and majesty this Shadow Lugia exuded. It was hardly phased by taking the brunt of that beam. Once again she saw a familiar sight as she watched an aura envelop Gavin which she could only assume it was the same as what she saw at the festival.

Tearing her eyes from Gavin, her dark orbs landed back on the limp husk that was once the Floette before it seemed to...reanimate. Another cold chill ran through her bones and Serena felt her stomach churn. This Rocket would be different right? She questioned again before a glare settled on Declan as he continued his speech. No, it was clear it would be different, but Serena would be lying if she said she didn't wish she knew more.

She'd need to do more, be present more. She'd have to be way more active than she was in the past and she would need to get over this silly excuse of PTSD she had. She was too far gone already, and she owed Rocket too much. Her gaze was more determined than when she first arrived as she watched some grunts bring in some wooden crates. She watched as they cracked them open to reveal several shadow pokemon in cages. That's when Declan extended an invitation towards the crowd.

Well, if she was going to prove herself now would be the time wouldn't it? She couldn't help but wonder if she had any place to do so. Surely there were people more capable than she was. But if she wanted to get stronger this was a good first step. Beside, Declan wouldn't have extended an invitation to the masses if he didn't mean for them to accept.

After hesitating one moment more she saw another step up first. Finding the courage to step up as well she walked towards the Shadow Mime Jr. that peered back at her. There was something in it's gaze, fear? No, caution, calculation. Almost as if it was sizing her up as she approached. Laying a hand on the bars she straightened her shoulders back. "Nothing ventured nothing gained," She said to herself before turning her attention back to the main stage.

"You said it yourself. You desire this energy so Rocket can benefit. Then capable people need to be prepared to carry out that mission." She spoke clearly and didn't hide her gaze. The longer she spoke the more she felt her nerves melt away. "The sooner we get our hands on that energy the better. We don't have time to twiddle our thumbs right?" She asked. That's right, if she wanted to make a difference she couldn't afford to sit around and look pretty, even though she was good at doing just that.

"If it produces the desired results, I'm willing to do whatever it takes." Serena said as she glanced back at the Shadow Mime Jr. "If I had the power to accomplish my goals. I believe I'd be able to make a better name for myself." Serena said a bit softer now, but she was still able to be heard. "That in itself would be a boon for Rocket. The more influence Rocket is able to spin up the more Rocket can sway the public's mindset. And if you can use that influence to shatter the public's belief in the League and it's faulty ideals then surely..." She trailed of as she balled her hand into a fist. "Surely Rocket would be able to accomplish it's goals, if at all, a bit more freely. " That's what she believed anyway. She was fairly new, but if given the chance Serena believed she'd be able to rise up to be one of the greats. Let's be honest, she wouldn't settle for any less.

---

EVENT: A TRANSFER OF POWER PT. 2 | Serena makes her claim for the Shadow Mine Jr.

F*CK A PRINCESS,
i ' m - a - k i n g .
dandy ♫

[newclass=.hearmenand11]float:left;margin-top:-25px;background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/60/9a/0PbdCvTn_o.png);width:250px;height:450px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand22]margin-left:12px;width:230px;height:355px;overflow:auto;padding-right:8px;text-align:justify;font:9px Verdana;color:#EEE;[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand22::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px!important;background-color:#999!important;border:0px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand22::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:5px!important;background-color:#fef5bd!important;border:0px;important;[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand22::-webkit-scrollbar-track]border-left:2px solid #131313;border-right:2px solid #131313;[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand33]z-index:10;position:relative;float:left;margin-top:363px;margin-left:-240px;opacity:0;background-color:rgba(25,25,25,0.8);width:150px;padding:10px;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass][newclass=div:hover .hearmenand33]opacity:1;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
what's wrong? does nobody here love you? do you feel alone? need somebody to hold you?
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2021 9:49:14 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The moment of fear in the face of Gavin's legendary is followed too closely by the screams of the Floette. Plank's hands ball into tight fists at her sides. She holds her breath, this time on purpose, until the sound stops. The whole time she stares at the ground -- hopes doing so conceals how hard she's shut her eyes.

When Plank opens them again it's like she's traded her hearing for her sight. The world around feels muffled, like she's listening to it through an unseen wall. Still staring down, she watches intently as her fingers unfold -- winces at the small cuts her nails leave in her palms before shoving her hands in her pockets to hide their shaking.

She takes a slow breath (In, two, three, four. Out, two, three, four.) and then wills herself to look up. To focus. Her surroundings fade back in in time for Walsh to unveil a set of cages.

Even now that she's paying attention, Plank can't find a reason to participate in the pleas to be gifted one of the Shadow Pokemon on display. After seeing 's Lugia she can't say she's eager to add one of those monsters to her team.

She's not sure she could bare to look at one for another second.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #f9993d[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
History repeats itself—first as a tragedy, then as a farce
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2021 12:47:08 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
“What are you talking about, sweetie? Everyone here is my people!” His banter is interrupted with the presence of another who the redhead is not familiar with.

Charming friend, if you may add.” He extends his hand to , smile plastered on his face. “You can call me Valerio.”

Eventually, all of them are bewitched by the presence of the organization's legendary. Declan operates the strange machine that he has seen in the laboratory for the past few months, upon which a familiar floette is trapped by the contraption only to cause it shrieking in pain. He winces, observing how the act give the impression of siphoning the life out of the small creature, before all the energy hits the Lugia.

And it has never been like before.

Gavin's Shadow Lugia is a miasma of corrupted power. It is a gale that brings forward a resolute change. There is no doubt that , the revered underboss of Team Rocket, would be the harbinger of such cataclysm.

But the last time he meets the creature, he recalls how it becomes overpowered by the unknown tricks up the Lunala's sleeves. They both had to halt their battle, if not to destroy Mt. Pyre itself. He wonders if this would finally bring a conclusion on which creature is the most powerful.

Many applauds Gavin as he ascends to avatarship—Valerio is one of them. Although his words are not audible from his distance, he gives him a warm smile as if saying the same message.

Everyone's attention shifts to the group of shadow mons being brought up the dais.

He follows 's lead, if only to choose one of them as well.

“Uh, can I still pick one? I'd like a playmate for shadow togepi here.”

There is no other explanation besides having a shadow Mime Jr. playing with Eggnog. He can only smile at the thought of such disaster.

EVENT: A TRANSFER OF POWER PT. 2
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,340 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2021 14:11:01 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam claps his hands jubilantly at the coronation of as an avatar, similar to what had happened to the last meeting they had. he whistles amongst the crowd at the back.

and then his name was called.

priam freezes on the spot as he processes what was happening, relying only on muscle memory to catch a pokeball tossed his way with both his hands. he only thaws at 's heavy smack in the back. he turns to him with a huge smile, taking a while to comprehend the invitation or form words in his mouth.

"i got guzzy... i got guzzy!" he tells the rocket beast, before he turns to the underboss that congratulated him. "i got guzzy, gavin!"

while he celebrates on the ultra beast he helped cultivate from the fruits of his labor, noises about interests for shadow pokemon start to fill the air, with the person beside him chipping in with the topic. it'll be a riot, given how selfish rocket people usually are, especially since there are overlapping interests.

though no one else seems to hammer in their attention to one particular shadow pokemon besides his friend, priam decides to put a nail in the coffin on any other's claim on it. "i got this," he tells oscar before he waves his hand at the rocket boss. "if you give oscar his shit, it'll help a ton with our thing!" he shouts from the back.

surely, his charm will amount to something. whatever oscar and were planning on, he's there to back them up.

@tags

close tab

played by

giz

emilee, vivian, brianne
she/her
twenty-three
october 17
Castelia City, Unova
n/a
admin/businesswoman
executive
151 height
151 height
It ain’t easy being mean. In effete morality, I maintain a masquerade of earnestness and modesty.
awards
181 posts
marie jules DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marie
marie jules
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2021 19:19:58 GMT
marie jules Avatar
Lightly, she sighs, her attention slowly beginning to flutter off, eyes trailing away until the presentation of power the machine they had displayed. A smirk couldn’t help but creep onto her lips, the furthered explanation forcing her to rise.

Her finger taps a receiver on her desk, a light hum sounding before she speaks into it, pinging her secretary.

I’ll be taking the day off. Direct all my calls to voicemail.

Coming to a stand, she dons a blazer and recalls the Xatu, the pokemon teleporting to her location before it reappears with her in tow, the woman standing to the side of Delcan.

She takes a moment to look up to the man, a smirk on her lips forming before she faces forward, arms behind her back as she speaks to the man.

Finally ready to hop into action, Delcan?

Her question is more of a prod than anything. The woman chuckling as she furthered on with her reasoning for appearing.

I wanted to keep out of sight but seeing everyone froth at the mouth in 4k isn’t comparable to seeing it with my own eyes.

A half truth told to hide her true intentions. Her eyes were set on Cotillard, further prodding intended when the dust settled on their small soiree.

close tab

played by

Pilo1

B
He/Him
July 9th
Little Root
Gay
Beast
Rocket Beast
Priam conrad
nappy pals
637 height
637 height
Well if it's war that you want then you got it, if it's pain then I got what you need.
awards
1,659 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bryan
bryan delarosa
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2021 6:12:15 GMT
bryan delarosa Avatar
[nospaces]

[break]

I BET MY LIFE ON YOU

[break]

I KNOW I TOOK THE PATH THAT YOU WOULD NEVER WANT FOR ME

[break]
[attr="class","lovemad2"]

Bryan watched in amazement at the events that were occurring during this...convention. He kept to himself like an edgy anime protagonist, as he silently watched the events transpiring. Once given the chance he'd walk up to and placed a hand on his head "Good job handsome. Seems like you got rewarded pretty nicely." he said as he played a bit with his hair and ruffled it. [break][break]

He then went on to speak to delcan walsh "Sir, I dont believe we've had the pleasure to officially speak before so I'd like to introduce myself, Bryan delarosa from little root." he said as he bowed slightly to the man. "I would like to ask for yours and Priam's permission to assist with the exploration for xerneas. I recently spent a year in kalos learning of some mythos of the pokemon and I hope to prove helpful if you'd allow me to, hopefully with a shadow pokemon seeing as I do not currently own one?." [break][break]
He continued as he nodded his head at priam to acknowledge him.  "I'd also like to ask you about something if you would share such knowledge with me. Do you know about this creature and this one?" he asked curiously as he released his shiny silvally. He also handed over a manilla folder which contained pictures of the blue and white creature from The Hoenn Historia event, it was the only proof Bryan had that this occurrence was not just a dream....well that and Silvally. Hopefully delcan held answers that Bryan had been long seeking.

[attr="class","lovemad1"]
NOTES:

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2021 8:03:05 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Baskerville:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-rt]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
TRANSFER OF POWER PT. 2

[attr=class,lyric1]
silver leaves in the air

[attr=class,lyric2]
of starseedlings

[attr=class,bulk]
[break][break]

Dressed in a loose white long-sleeve, black trousers, and sandals, the admin sits poised on a chair near the front of the stage. The Murkrow that serves as his lookout and courier keeps itself quietly perched on his right shoulder as they observe the presentation. Seeing 's Shadow Lugia up close was certainly something to behold. Though Muninn didn't seem all too fazed by it, oddly enough.[break][break]

There were many interesting things to note, and a number of characters to acknowledge as they placed themselves forward in service of their leader. Remiel offered a silent nod of approval for his official promotion. As for the head scientists, however, the admin waited to see whether they would prove their worth to the organization in the coming days.[break][break]

At least one of them seemed like they wouldn't last very long, for one reason or another. But that was the nature of most positions in current day Rocket, wasn't it? People came and went. Most high-ranking spots weren't filled for very long. It took a great degree of loyalty, power, will, or all of the above, for some people to keep. It was a somewhat precarious habit for an organization to have, but somehow Declan managed.[break][break]

Case in point: the abandoned shadow pokemon.
[break][break]

On one hand, Remiel would be content to see one of the new recruits obtain such an asset. Fostering the growth and improvement of their members was something he supported, and granting them a shadow pokemon would surely place them in situations that could help grant them both.[break][break]

On the other hand, however... perhaps one or two of the shadow pokemon presented deserved to be in the employ of proven masters. Those who had forced their will upon these dark mutations before and, more importantly, actually put them into action.[break][break]

He raises his hand.
[break][break]

"Maeda's Gardevoir... it is a Ghost-type now, is it not?" He pauses to shift his nonchalant eyes towards its flickering form in the cage. "Aside from dragons, I specialize with Ghost-types extensively." His Murkrow caws in agreement, but the admin doesn't turn his gaze away from the caged specter. "I can see the void in this one's eyes... my training method has never depended on an emotional connection or bond between myself and my pokemon." Ever indifferent, just like him.[break][break]

Looking up to regard their leader and Underboss Merlino, he nods. "While I have no doubt in my comrade's ability to handle and place this one into play well, I firmly believe it would benefit most in my employ. Aside from my experience, and the training regimen it requires, I only have one other that shares its... condition. I can give Maeda's Shadow Gardevoir the attention it deserves: use it to continue strengthening our control over Hoenn's smuggling syndicates and develop our anti-avatar protocols. This would leave our Underboss to focus on... greater things."[break][break]

He regards the Shadow Lugia once more, sizing up the beast with a calm stare before flicking his eyes back to Walsh. "But, of course, I trust your judgement, sir-- whomever you choose." The Murkrow bows its head at the big boss. Big Honchkrow energy there.[break]

[break]

notes:[break][break]

— primarily known as an 'executive' outside of his disguise, for security reasons[break][break]
— only a handful know Remiel to be 'Admin Fox'

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-rtcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .accentbg"]background: #316084;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .accentborder"]border-color: #316084;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline a, .punkianger-rt .bulk b, .punkianger-rtcredit a"]color: #316084;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image"]background-image: url('https://pile.randimg.net/2/195/173989/skycrashtemplate.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 14px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 16px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 42px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Baskerville'; color: #999999; font-size: 16px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 18px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rt .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 38px; font-family: 'Baskerville'; font-size: 12px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rtcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rtcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,743 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2021 12:53:52 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]
[attr="class","vivalyric"]花散らせ今吹くこの嵐は
まさに春泥棒
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]
@ rocket! [break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]THEME
[break]
vibe! [break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]
POG?

Perhaps, there is something absolutely wrong with her head. Throughout the entire time that she witnesses the Floette's treatment, Eris finds herself lost for words, her eyes forever glued to the sight as she burns it deep into her memories. So this is what is means to do things in the name of Team Rocket, or so she figures, her curiosity for fate of the creature growing ever stronger as she attempts to snatch a glimpse through the crowd.
[break][break]
Twisted, shrivelled, resembling something like a fallen leaf in late autumn, she almost assumes that the Floette has died. But the higher-ups sure do love to keep surprises up their sleeves, the pokemon soon blooming before her eyes once more. Xerneas' life tree? Infinite energy? Just thinking about how many explosives could she make with that… She takes a mental note to snag a piece for experimentation if she ever chances across it.
[break][break]
Finally, she sees a moment to shine, a bid for trainerless shadow pokemon cast to the winds as various members begin calling out from the crowd. Nimbly clambering to her feet, Eris steadies her heart and sucks in a deep breath, her balance upon the Luxray impeccable as she raises her voice over the ruckus.
[break][break]
"If I get the opper…" She pauses for a brief second, her brows furrowed in thought as she searches her mind for the word. "Opper tuna tea! To have the Shadow Dodrio join my team, I think we can really make chaos that everyone will remember! With my big explosives and Dodrio's ass kicking skills, no one is gonna stop us! For Team Rocket!"
[break][break]
Even as she stumbles over the complicated words that adults use to argue their point, Eris can't help but follow up with a smug grin, her fist punching the air as she proclaims her utter devotion to the cause. Who cares if Reiner's shaking his head at how she acts? If there's a chance for her to gain destructive power, she's sure as hell gonna take it!

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800][googlefont=Hachi+Maru+Pop]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#b76e79;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 14px Hachi Maru Pop;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2021 15:48:25 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e opens his mouth to reply to , yet action cuts him off before he can get the words out. The Floette, the machine, 's rise to being worthy in the eyes of a god, the shadow pokemon... he keeps his quiet and listens, observes the proceedings. He does feel a surge of pride of Gavin, claps his hands and knows he will congratulate the other in a more private setting later.

For now, he glances at the surrounding Rockets making their claims, asking questions. Chu-e glances at the shadow mons himself, mostly the Gardevoir and Mime Jr, which would fin in with his specialties...

"Sir, if I may?" Raising his voice above the din of the crowd, Chu-e steps forward with back straight, eyes raised and confident. "I propose that the shadow pokemon go towards members of Rocket who have none. This could be an excellent chance for our newer stock to prove their-selves. And if they fail, we simply take them back and pass them to ones more worthy."

It was not anything personal against any of the higher ups or more decorated Rockets in attendance vying for the Shadow mon. He just knew the group as a whole would stagnate if only a few kept amassing power who stayed at the top and did not allow those to prove themselves. Something something late-stage-capitalism symbolism.

tldr: chu-e vies for none of the shadows, but expresses that Declan should give them to people who don't have any