awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
BIOME BADGE GYM CHALLENGE - URBAN [BC]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 16:26:01 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
now it was time to head back to the rest of the group in earnest. it took him a bit to find his way back but eventually he did thanks to joycon navigating him back. it was easier than expected really. but now it was time for the question and answer portion of the contest and really he was just tired and wanted to go lay down. but he'd still do it. after all he came this far and was willing to do as much as he could to at least attempt to get another portion of the badge.

"i think i used it the best i could, whether or not that was the fullest or not i'm not sure because there's a lot of stuff involved in urban areas that a lot of people don't even think about. i know i didn't really think about it until i got out here. but i think at the heart of it all electricity is what helps keep these places running so i think i used it well."

"i learned that even in urban settings there are still places filled with greenery and natural life that need to be preserved. after all there was a whole ecosystem living near one of the drainage tunnels, but i sent you a video of all that so you can check it out. i think the trubbish twins are going to be happy there really."

"i did have fun! i don't really explore much in urban settings because you always figure if you see one brick you've seen them all. but there are a lot of hidden treasures in places like this."

he hoped those answers were good enough as he flopped down on the ground, waiting to hear the results.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 19:08:39 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Now that he had a naughty Mime Jr on his hands, he had to find someone—anyone—who had the patience to handle such a…fine specimen. Of course, what he didn’t realize was that—

Fishing out his wallet with his other hand, he then whistled and called Mike over. He could fucking swear this Pelipper was way smarter than he looked.

“Go find some food for our guest, will you?” he said as he dropped some bills into the huge-ass bowl beak of the Pelipper before pointing. “Hurry back as soon as you can, okay?!” he continued, and with a warking noise Mike was off.

This left him with the Chandelure, who was staring at him like he had gone mad.

“What? What is it?” he asked—before one of the Chandelure’s spindly limbs gestured at his now-empty hands.

AH! Where the hell did it run off to?!” he shrieked, and for a few moments he looked around the area in a panic. How was he supposed to get the shelter and support part of this challenge done when the main attraction itself had made an escape attempt?!

The Chandelure then spotted something, before quickly firing off a Shadow Ball in a certain direction. The moment Alexei heard the sound of ‘shattering glass’, he looked in that direction and saw the—there it was!

“Get back here!” he yelped as he chased the Mime Jr down and exaggerated his gestures; because he was sure he was going to crash into an invisible Barrier or something. Eventually he’d managed to get his hands back on the naughty little one, before the Chandelure glared at it with its soulless eyes.

“Don’t run away like that! I asked Mike to get food for you!” he scolded, as they continued their walk around the city proper.

Damn it.

As the Chandelure continued to hover slightly above and ahead of them, keeping one of her two eyes on the tricky Mime Jr, another shadow announced its presence—the Pelipper had returned.

Its beak had a drool-soaked plastic bag containing an assortment of food once Alexei had retrieved it one-handed (Pelipper drool is gross, okay) before settling down somewhere and cracking one of the cans open.

It was a can of peach-flavored treats, however when it was offered to the Mime Jr…

Alexei had never seen something so small projectile-spit so far. The food hadn’t even spent five seconds in its mouth!

“What?!” he exclaimed as he buried his face in his hands. “Are you kidding me?” he groaned a few moments later, before reaching for another can of baby food—this time, banana-flavored.

Surely bananas would go over well with—

“Not again!” he screeched, as the Mime Jr had made another run for it. “Go get ‘em back!” he said, and the Chandelure took off again, aiming another Shadow Ball in the direction where it had started to ‘mime’ barriers into existence.

Several failed attempts later, another loud, shattering noise indicated where the Mime Jr had gone, and Alexei ran off to grab the danged thing. The Pelipper stayed behind where the food had been haphazardly assembled while the flustered man eventually returned with a naughty, naughty Mime Jr in his hands again—followed once more by the Chandelure.

“You know, at this rate nobody’s going to want you! Stop escaping! he groaned again as he sat down on the sidewalk corner, reaching for the can of banana-flavored treats and attempting to wheedle the Mime Jr to eat a piece.

And just like earlier—

Another projectile-spit, ladies and gentlemen.

“Oh, come on! That’s ridiculous!” he grumbled as he bit back another tirade of swears. The Pelipper then took off before eventually alighting atop a street light, waiting for him to move. The Chandelure was nearby just in case the Mime Jr took off again.

“You can’t be serious? You don’t like peach, you don’t like banana—what do you want?!” he wailed as he hid his face in his hands once more.

The Pelipper let out a loud squawk, another warning that the Mime Jr was going to make a break for it—however a warning glare from the Chandelure, along with a half-materialized Shadow Ball, made the danged baby stay put.

Grabbing a can at random, Alexei then opened it and jammed a wooden spoon inside it, before holding it out in surrender. “I swear if you don’t like this flavor…” he groaned as he peeked at the Mime Jr sniffing it first.

Slowly, slowly… very cautiously…

The food disappeared, bit by bit.

“So you don’t like peach and banana… what flavor is—” he trailed off as he looked at the jar, scooping up another spoonful and letting the Mime Jr eat it.

…butternut squash?!

“What the fuck,” was all he could exclaim a few moments later. Hoo boy, this was going to be a time.

While he kept the Mime Jr busy, he pondered on how best to find someone who would take in the Mime Jr and let them grow. He knew his time was running short, however he had to make it quick otherwise—

It didn’t take too long for someone to approach him, however he couldn’t help but notice that there was something—a little off about this person. Not in a bad way, though.

A few seconds later he realized that he was communicating with a deaf person.

The way they were gesturing at the Mime Jr that was currently eating its way through the jar, before they reached into their pocket and revealed their companion—a full-grown version of the Mime Jr he had with him.

“Oh,” he said quietly, before looking through his pockets and finding a pen and paper.

‘Are you interested?’ he scribbled down, before showing it to them—and getting a nod of approval, before gesturing at the Mr. Mime that was with them.

A flurry of hand signs later, before Alexei blinked again and wrote once more under the first message, ‘Are you sure? This one keeps running away… ran away too many times, and only my Chandelure giving it a glare keeps it in place,’ before he showed the message once more.

The person continued to gesture at the Mr. Mime, before Alexei looked over to see what was going on between the two.

The Mime Jr had stopped eating in wonder, before looking up at the bigger version of itself with stars in its eyes. Then the ‘showdown’ began, with the two miming Barriers into existence around each other, and eventually performing like exaggerated clowns after all those ‘walls’ appeared.

He could tell the other was laughing at the Pokémon’s shenanigans, the way they were shaking in barely-suppressed mirth. He chuckled sheepishly before adding more to the paper.

‘Well, since you have a Mr. Mime of your own. And it seems to like your Pokémon…’

He then quickly tore off a piece of paper before scribbling something down on it.

‘Keep an eye on the baby. Loves running off. Maybe scare it a little. It doesn’t like peach or banana, but would go for… butternut squash. Weird.’

He then handed the paper to them, before allowing the Mr. Mime to wander off with the Mime Jr in tow. After the person gave them an embarrassed bow of gratitude and another flurry of hand gestures, he knew he had to speak slowly. His guess was that they could read lips.

“It was nothing,” he said before taking a bow as well. Now that he’d managed to find everything for the Mime Jr, it was time to head back.

Mime Jr is a picky eater + constantly tried to escape!

Also, he knows a little sign language because one of the Sanctuary's staffers is hard of hearing in case anyone was curious.

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 1:39:07 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

It's only the moment they’re out of sight of the judges where Zorua finally lets go of the illusion. The fox nearly collapses to the ground and it causes the Mime Jr. to panic a bit as it clings to their fellow psychic type in worry. But the experienced cat pats their head in reassurance, letting them in on their little secret of their trainer not being there. Though they were more than enough to teach the Mime Jr everything it needed to know as they explored the city. [break][break]

For now though Salem would let Sable rest as she has been holding the illusion of their trainer for hours now. So the cat would quickly go over to one of the alleys and start collecting some cans. Salem would explain to the baby pokemon on how if they ever want anything the humans were pretty wasteful and they could get things like cans and bottles to turn them in. And when they did they could pay for stuff. [break][break]

Life lessons! Something important to learn from one generation to the next. Salem would even go as far to teach the little mime jr on how to properly read the lights to cross the street as they went until they finally made it toward the liquor store. Though unlike in the soccer match where he would’ve stolen the drink because time was a factor, right now he was being a good role model in teaching the little one. It wouldn’t be long before they were back to Sable with a Zapsi to help energize her once more. [break][break]

Now with both of them here it was time to show her the cherry on top which was the outdoor market place near the city’s park. It was a place in which they knew the Mime jr could thrive. There it was lively, trainers and their pokemon everywhere. And along with the people in the Market selling goods there were other people there performing tricks, and music and it was clear the Mime Jr wanted to partake and it ended up looking to Salem for permission. [break][break]

Salem of course pushes the others to go play and interact to make friends, not seeming to realize just how clingy the Mime Jr. was becoming to him. It danced with a Grookie and it’s trainer played, and was fascinated by the tricks the magicians were playing. The mime Jr even watched curiously as people passed by and threw the same coins in hats for them. Mime Jr looks back to the leftover change they had from the Zapsi and seems to question Salem. Sable answers them but they don’t seem to respond the same way as when Salem responds. Making the Zorua worry a bit. [break][break]

After feeling like they showed them the ropes all they could, Salem tried to say his goodbyes to the Mime Jr and both him and Sable were to head off. But the Mime Jr is quick to follow. Uh-oh. Salem shakes his head telling them that this was their home, but there were tears in the baby pokemon’s eyes. It wanted to keep following Salem. [break][break]

Honestly the whole thing was making the Meowstic tear up too as they were growing attached to the baby pokemon but Zorua makes a comment about how they couldn’t just adopt them, it wasn’t the point. “So Grooky how much did we make?” one of the performers asked, when the group of curious pokemon looked they noticed the way their eyes were glazed over. [break][break]

The Mime Jr. seems to ask why that was before Salem covered his eyes to give an explanation on how some humans had problems. The Mime Jr watched as they were looking for their hat and feeling inside. “Doesn’t seem like much,” they comment almost sadly, “Think you can go more?” he asked, hopeful, but the three legged grooky was tired. They couldn’t keep going and there was both disappointment but understanding in their voice. [break][break]

[break]

Sable seems to make a comment about how ‘if only someone could help,’ kind of way before it seems to get the baby to think that they could help! Salem showed them earlier with the whole dancing thing and so they would go up to them, communicate how they would ask them to play their keyboard. The musician looks confused but thanks them for the help. So they play, and with a DAZZLING GLEAM they were able to help catch the attention of the crowd with it as the musician played as the Mime Jr helped put on a show with Teeter Dance. It seemed to draw in several more, but who's to say they couldn’t help pazazz it a little more. Salem instructs the Mime Jr and shows off with PSYCHIC and makes the water of the fountain dance with them. [break][break]

Eventually even the one arm grooky would help, playing the area like the drum while it began to dance along with the Mime Jr. Eventually the hat would become more full, and the musician would thank those listening before he’d turn toward where he’d assumed the Mime Jr still was. “Thank you so much, will you be coming again?” he asks, but the Mime Jr. seems unsure. They look to Salem clearly still wanting to go with his big kitty bro, but they had fun here, and they helped the human just like how Salem helped him. [break][break]

It seems unsure as it gives Salem a question of ‘should I?’ and Salem gives encouraging nods, knowing they would be happy here. Much more than they’d be with Salem. As the black pair of pokemon leave there are tears in the Meowstic’s eyes. They grew up so fast!

[break][break]

+ Biome Badge [break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 2:05:25 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

“Oh, please. I’ve already spoken to your Minior cameramen and explained my motivations. Is it really necessary to—fine, if you insist. Your questions are as tired as the leftover babies in the back of that van, but here’s my answer.

“Everything I touch is the biome, Zac Ramsay. The city is literally made for human convenience—I can’t make a right turn without accidentally using the biome. The real biome is invisible and intangible, and it’s what sets Pokemon who can make it here apart from those who don’t. Humans created this place, and navigating human convention is the true sign of mastery.

“Mundane actions speak more for their suitability to the biome than any moves, abilities, or special attributes. A Voltorb, with its volatile body, couldn’t have come with us into a public facility. A Zubat, which can only feed on fluids, couldn’t have eaten at the drive-thru. If anything I’ve done today read as normal to you, knowing me, I’ve already succeeded.

“Your attempts to educate me are as transparent and futile as always, Zac Ramsay. Not only did I not learn anything, I have developed a new method of unique astral projection that allows me to steel my will and guard my thoughts like an iron trap, preventing even the slightest sliver of learning from getting in. Your Urban biome should be intuitive to anyone with a junior high school level of education and a driver’s license.

“Pokémon themselves continue to exist at all because they serve an array of useful functions for us, or we would have developed ways to destroy them long ago. Pokémon in the urban biome have to take this reality to the next level.

“There are only three options. Be functional to humans, like Corviknight with its ability to provide safe aerial transport.

“Be similar to humans, like Jynx, who has every human attribute besides actual speech. Even her texts are nonsense.

“Or, be able to live independently of humans by operating in a niche people don’t occupy— typically, this means nighttime. Ghosts, nocturnal predators like cats or insects, and so on.

“Pokémon who threaten humans are swiftly captured or eliminated in a city like this. In this category, the highest step in evolution is not evolving at all. Trubbish is no threat, but a Garbodor is. A Wingull is small and maneuverable enough to avoid cars in a parking lot as it forages for scraps, but a Pelipper isn’t. I’ve seen my fair share of roadkill to confirm that.

“Your so-called boon could have been calculated sabotage, Zac Ramsay, but you fail to intimidate me. Pokémon aren’t a threat when bound by human conventions. A Gengar bound by corporate contract is hardly more than an underpaid worker.

“Did I have fun? I relish any opportunity to disrupt these little Contests and show how ridiculous you are. I have no interest in the outcome of this biome charade, I’m only here to bother everyone with Jynx and flaunt my superiority.

“...but, yes. As always, I did.”

“Now, before I go, Jynx will translate everything I just said into Jynxese, for the aid of any local Jynx viewers tuning into the grand finale. I believe in being inclusive.”

<JYNX TRANSCRIPT BEGINS HERE>

“everything bow touch es the biome, zac ramsay. The city es literally made for human convenience—i can’t make a right turn without accidentally using the biome. The real biome es invisible aey intangible, aey it’s hooba sets pokemon who can make it poof apart from those who don’t. Humans created dis place, aey navigating human convention es the true sign of mastery. mundane actions sperk zor for their suitability to the biome than any moves, abilities, or special attributes. A voltorb, with its volatile body, couldn’t have gerb with na into a public facility. A zubat, which can only feed on fluids, couldn’t have eaten sol the drive-thru. If anything i’ve done today read as normal to depwa, knowing bow, i’ve already succeeded. your attempts to educate bow woka as transparent aey futile as always, zac ramsay. Not only did bow not learn anything, bow have developed a new method of unique astral projection wibbs allows bow to steel my will aey guard my thoughts like an iron trap, preventing even the slightest sliver of learning from getting so. Depper urban biome should xor intuitive to nashna with a junior high school level of education aey a driver’s license. pokémon themselves continue to exist sol all because they serve an array of useful functions for na, or we would have developed ways to destroy them long ago. Pokémon so the urban biome have to take dis reality to the next level. there woka only maka options. Xor functional to humans, like corviknight with its ability to provide safe aerial transport. be similar to humans, like jynx, who has every human attribute besides actual speech. Even her texts woka nonsense. or, xor able to live independently of humans by operating so a niche people don’t occupy— typically, dis means nighttime. Ghosts, nocturnal predators like cats or insects, aey zo on. pokémon who threaten humans woka swiftly captured or eliminated so a city like dis. So dis category, the highest step so evolution es not evolving sol all. A trubbish es neeshga threat, but a garbodor es. A wingull es small aey maneuverable enough to avoid cars so a parking lot as it forages for scraps, but a pelipper isn’t. I’ve seen my fair share of roadkill to confirm wibbs. your so-called boon could have been calculated sabotage, zac ramsay, but depwa fail to intimidate bow. Pokémon aren’t a threat when bound by human conventions. A gengar bound by corporate contract es hardly zor than an underpaid worker. did bow have bum bum? bow relish any opportunity to disrupt these little contests aey show how ridiculous depwa woka. Bow have neeshga jowlen so the outcome of dis biome charade, i’m only poof to bother everyone with jynx aey flaunt my superiority...but, spanewash. As always, bow did.”

“Thank you for that, Oona! You have a brilliant way with words.”

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 4:07:38 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

After watching the person with the Mr. Mime walk away (who for some reason had managed to pick up the Mime Jr and was now holding it in their arms) the Pelipper came swooping down again from its perch.

“Oh? Yeah—let’s go back,” he said as he pulled himself up, before cleaning up the rest of the litter and disposing of it in a nearby dumpster.

The odd trio eventually made their way back to where the contest was held, and he couldn’t have felt even prouder—if somewhat tired.

Upon their return, the Chandelure hung around one of the broken street lights, while the Pelipper flew around, warking like some demented bird and going on ‘garbage clean-up duty’ while Alexei faced down the jury judges and stood to answer their inquiries.

“The biome? Well, clearly Mike took full advantage of it. I mean you did see what he started doing even way back during my introduction. He’s not the kind of Pelipper who would leave trash lying around, and cleans up after himself. As for Chandelure, if-if there was more of a ‘blackout’ situation she’d have definitely scared the daylights out of everyone present.”

Yeah, there was a skew towards Pelipper, but he had never been so proud of the ‘bowl bird’ as it was jokingly called.

“Well, what did I learn asides from Pelipper being absolute shitlords in the city? Clean up after littering, people! Half the time Mike here was scooping up trash and throwing it into the nearest open dumpster. That, and people should really watch out for litter more. Accidents and hazards waiting to happen. Also—also at the same time, Chandelure aren’t that scary now, are they?”

As for the last question…

“I certainly did. Also taught Mike how to pay for the shit he grabs without permission from the convenience store we were at earlier! Can’t have a bunch of thieving seagulls hanging around all the time now can we.”

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 7:04:50 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

Before heading back to the judges Sable would lift her tail to create the illusion of their trainer again. If she never created a complex illusion like this again it would still be too soon. She looked to Salem who still seemed to be tearing up about the Mime Jr they left. She pushes him to snap him out of it. Complaining that they needed to plan to know what to say. Salem seems dejected at first but he ponders considering, then remembering how the judge complained because he was dumb and clearly against the speech impaired. [break][break]

Salem searches his tail to see what he could find. [break][break]

[break]

The next time the judges would see them they'd be accompanied by a young woman who was probably no older than Razz. She seemed a tad confused by the whole thing, but she was the one that agreed to help. "Uhh yo! Name's Serina, so this guy told me maybe more than one of you can't understand him or something and you needed help," she introduces herself as she blows a bubble with her gum. [break][break]

Sable has their trainer sign =happy?= the sarcasm radiating off her illusion rather than herself, making Razz seem pretty out of character for those who knew him. But damn it finding a translator was hard. "He ask if you're happy?" he has no clue who the one who couldn't understand them was so she'll address them all. [break][break]

"Did you use the biome to its fullest?"
[break]

"Yes," Sarina would start as he looked at 'Razz' to translate what the two pokemon had come up with, "We took the Mime Jr out to see the sights, showed them how to recycle for some money in order to buy things they'd need. Even showed her places where entertainment was provided in the park and we put on a little show there to help someone. The Mime Jr is now in safe hands" [break][break]

"What did you learn?"
[break]

At this question Salem seems to be tearing up again, and Sable is giving the Meowstic an annoyed look before scolding him herself. Now was not that time for that. 'Razz' doesn't seem to do much but look at his two pokemon before Sable starts thinking again and starts signing. "We learned that Salem gets easily attached and should be looked into for his own sake?" the translator isn't sure she saw that right, but she was pretty sure she was right. Salem shoots Sable a glare but doesn't do much else. [break][break]

"Did you have fun?"
[break]

"Yes, getting to explore Slateport was fun, with the job demanding a lot sometimes it was nice to slow down and get some better interaction," this was more a feeling from the pokemon rather than something they knew their trainer would tell them. "Thanks for listening and the experience." [break][break]

With that they were off to wait for the results, Meowstic paying the woman in a gift card he forgot he had in his tail. It was good enough for her at least.

[break][break]

+ Biome Badge [break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 9:45:19 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Judging would always be the hardest part. It was lucky for Chu-e that he had learned to be cruel and ruthless. This skill would serve him well today when he may need to cut down friend and foe alike for their performances. Most of his time when he wasn't reviewing the footage was used to look up cool facts about the contestant's pokemon. He felt very educated and prepared. This is all why he did not give two fucks about going first.

would be his first victim.

"Melody, you gave a baby a knife." He says it with a severity, almost like that wasn't what he wanted... but then he laughs. "And it was fuckin' rad! That Mime Jr. is going to be the BOSS of these streets when he grows up." Another small chuckle as he checked over a few notes he had made. "I think you, Mime. Jr, and Mr. Rime did a really good job. I would have liked to see Joltik in action a little more, but I did like the quick thinking with the Garbador."

His attention was turned next to .

"Alexei, that baby spitting on you was funny as hell." May as well be blunt about it. "I did like how you handled the situation and it was good you were able to pick up that the man you met was using sign language! You'd be surprised how many people can mistake that for something else." He gave an almost sad shake to his head. "But! I think your game with using your Chandelure could have been a little stronger! Pelliper did a fine job by using that big mouth to carry back a lot of food, like they do in the wild, but Chandelure could have been subbed in for any ghost type that can learn Shadow Ball."

Then came .

"Chryssa. What the fuck. You know what you did. Full points."

"I like that you found a wild, natural area for the pokemon to survive in rather than a home with humans! It'll keep it's wild nature without having to rely on humans like a lot of the other pokemon in this contest will. I do like the use of your pokemon to keep your charge from escaping. Much like with Alexei, I wish I could have seen a little more of your Corviknight as I think the Klefki outshone it a bit."

Then he turned to ' '.

"You two do know that Minior Cameras followed you around for the last part, right?" Vaguely, he motioned to the one that still seemed traumatized by 's Jynx. Could a pokemon even win a badge? Would it still count for Razz? Whatever, he would still judge them anyway.

Almost done! was next.

"Like with Patrick, I liked that you found the Trubbish a natural home in the environment and not relying on humans. Using the internet and stores, which are things the biome provides, to find the smaller, more niche area was a good idea, too. It was excellent use of your Porygon and really showed you know how to use him! My only nitpick is I would have liked to have seen your Electrode be used more, but, the performance overall outshines that. Full points."

Last but not least was mister champion himself: . Why did he even need badges if he was already the top dog, anyway?

"Rotom-Dog? Really cute. What would have been better? Rotom-Cat. Your dogs are also stylish as hell. Keep up the good work at doing whatever a Champion does."

With his deliberations deliberated, Chu-e sat back to let Sprinkles have her turn as bonus judge. The Skitty did this by knocking everything off the picnic table the judges had been using, be it cups or papers or pens. She then hopped down and walked over to , rubbing on his pants leg and purring. It was sure to get a lot of cat hair on his nice pants.

Suddenly she stopped, making a horrible retching noise that was like a star dying, body arching and convulsing, until she hacked up a hairball, cutely, onto his shoe.

Gavin has gained 1 bonus Sprinkles Point!
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 14:49:17 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING @contest

[attr="class","pokkenger"]

"man it seems like mime jr is the popular choice for today, don't you think fellas?" at least three contestants chose the little mime pokemon as their charge for this challenge, an interesting choice to say the least as they seemed to be the ones that gave a fair bit of trouble for each of them.

seemed to be the first to make use of an important tool that an urban resident would need. a map, more specifically a gps to navigate their way around the city. unfortunately for them they ran into a common problem with gps, it was never quite exact in telling you where you were going. finding what seemed to be a canal with a sewage pipe was the last place anyone would probably think about taking a baby. however it seemed like it was the perfect place to find a family looking for a little trubbish as it was the home to many others like it. "oh man, tugs on your heartstrings doesn't it?"

"speaking of trubbish it looks like our friend is busy with one of the dangers of this biome. gang wars! seriously don't mess with a gang of trubbish and garabador. that's how you get whole city blocks turned into the new dump site. they do not give up that easily." at the very least she showed that taking care of a baby is a very dangerous job.

for all his cynicism for using capitalism for his challenge kyle did do something that not many know about this biome. he was resourceful in calming down his baby with a toy, that was parenting 101, but now because of him it seemed like that brand of toy dogs was starting to get crazy recognition. wasn't just the champion of hoenn, he was trendsetter as well.

was an interesting take. she was definitely a wild card in these contests but at the same time she was definitely the most resourceful of the bunch what with taking her baby to work at a factory of all things. "you think they have child labor laws for pokemon? cause like its not a bad idea, i like it. still should she still be driving?"

as for he was probably the one that kaz had his eye on the most as he noticed the man was doing more of teaching his little charge how to survive in this biome more than the others. now that was an important thing for a youngling to know if it was going to live around here after all. "kudos to patrick sensei for teaching that baby the ways of being a city folk."

seemed to have the same train of thought making sure that the little one knew how to survive as well, and a good way to do that was be part of the rare group of specimens that one finds around the city. street performers. naturally the mime jr took a shine to that instantly and kaz couldn't be more than happy for it.

last but not least was who seemed to have trouble with his own charge just not really taking a shine to him initially. "maybe we should have given the leash to him instead. still gotta love the maternal instinct to keep trying again and again to please a baby." kaz remarked as he ate a spoonful of butternut squash baby food himself, "still i think his challenge had the happiest ending, a lady gets to have an extra translator with her and the mime jr gets a big brother for himself. ain't that a hallmark movie ending."

finally his duralodon went about snapping photos of each contestant to commemorate a job well done.

[newclass=.pokkenger b]font-weight:bold;color:#44d4e4;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 4:00:51 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar seemed less than enthused about the favoritism toward Mime Jr. Especially when one of his favorites was an option. "No one took the spinarak? Really? Throwing away brownie points right there, sheesh." Oscar folded his arms, his sourpuss mood tainting a bit of the start of the third round. Toward the end however, he was as engaged as his fellow judges, and his pettiness had cleared enough for him to give fair verdicts. 

He started with first.

"The fuckin' tenacity on this one. Would have left the little shit in a ditch myself, no patience for brats. Handled it well though, and your pelipper took advantage of the biome really well. I thought chandelure did a great job too, without it taming that tyke would have been more of a hassle. Still, poor thing didn't get a chance to shine. Right biome, wrong environment I guess. Solid work overall."

Next was .

"I'd say you thought well out of the box completing your task, those trash babies have the perfect home because of you. The way you connected to the internet with your porygon was top notch too, honestly had no idea they could do that. Fuckin' excellent use of the biome, though as Chu-e said I would have liked to see more action from the electrode. Full marks nevertheless."

Then came --I mean Patrick.

"I was impressed when you used your knowledge of the pokemon you chose to relate to it. Absolutely a stand out when it came to taming your babe. Also I guarantee that fuckin' nickit is gonna be the poke-boss around here. Every stray in the city is gonna be taking orders from him and those rats before long just you wait. An entertaining watch, though as a corviknight fan I could have used more of it."

came up after.

"Dear fuck that was--shocking. See? Hurts don't it? Anyway I thought you were a bit too quick to trust that shopkeeper, but then again I never trust toy shop retail workers. Fuckers are weird. I'd say you used the biome as well as anyone else, after all capitalism is an important tool in the Urban biome. Using your dogs to teach the rotom was a nice touch as well. Excellent job overall."

was the next to face judgement.

"You sneaky fucks, I bet you thought we wouldn't see that zorua drop that illusion but the camera caught it all! And Zapsi? It doesn't even have half the electrolytes Charga cola has! The fuckin' nerve! But I digress, you two did a great job boosting the confidence of that Mime Jr. I think he truly found a nice home, and a couple of good friends too. Nice work."

would not be spared Oscar's wrath.

"Is your life a musical? Like do rhythmic fights with wild pokemon gangs happen often for you? What a hell your life must be. You have both my pity and admiration. Like the others that Mime Jr. is going to be in good hands. The manager's kid? He's never gonna have to worry about walking through back roads or alleys, that mime has him covered."

The only one Oscar had to really think about was , whose misadventure had confounded him on a deep and personal level. When he felt he was ready, he finally put in his two cents.

"This bitch talks a lot of sense Zac. Top marks.

The most valuable part of her performance was reminding him that Genka existed, and they shouldn't. They won't tomorrow.

Oscar sat back, waiting for to give his own opinions.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 12:49:25 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

BIOME BADGE GYM CHALLENGE - URBAN

ROUND 3 - RESULTS

HIGHLIGHTS

Zac closed the doors to the van, sealing the unwanted babies inside. "Don't worry," he said, looking meaningfully around at the contestants. "I'm sure they can wait until the next Urban Biome Contest."
    There was a tense moment before he laughed. "I'm just messing with ya! I've already listed the babies on PokeBay. They'll all be going to loving homes."  

WINNER

CONGRATULATIONS!

"Every contest needs a winner, and today we are crowning the winner of the Urban Biome Contest!",
Zac said, as he fixed Chryssa with his brightest, least-offended smile. "She has once again shown unparalleled understanding of what biomes truly are, and how people and Pokemon fit into them. Hell, you could write a bloody book with her answers in this third round, and everyone here would be better off having read it." Zac walked over to Chryssa and extended a huge hand for her to shake. He also shook Oona's hand, and gently prodded the blanket of receipts that made up Maxwell's current disguise. "You two were fantastic! Between Mimikyu's natural versatility, and the humanous personage of Jynx, you two were able to integrate with or utilize every part of the urban biome."

Zac handed Chryssa a Crown made of discarded aluminum and pre-scratched lottery tickets, and set with a Biome Badge.

"Congratulations Chryssa. Your usage, creativity, and understanding of the biome are second to none."

Chryssa has been awarded the Biome Badge! 
She also receives the City Circlet!
It lets the wearer hear the Rhythm of the Street.

She also receives a Lifetime Supply of Charja-Cola!
Applicable to Charja-Cola Classic, Charja-Cola Zero,
and any flavors that may be released in the future.

She is invited to help judge the next biome contest!

BADGES

"Throughout this contest, you have all shown your ability to use the biome wonderfully. However, as mentioned before, these additional badges are for outstanding biome usage. If it were just for usage you would all get one, but these are for those contestants who went above and beyond in that final round."

" ! I have never seen anyone play to their strengths as consistently and to such great effect as you do, my friend. You know what you like, you know what you're good at: dogs. And when you encounter a problem, you bend it until it's dog-shaped, and then you bloody solve it." Zac shook his head in amazement, grinning the whole time. "Last contest you showed teamwork and mastery by force. This time you showed mastery through understanding. Both of yourself and of the biome. I'm proud to award you a Biome Badge!"  

Zac awarded the Biome Badge!

"And . Wow. If there was an award for 'most improved' you would bloody win that too. Twice now you've competed, you've tried your hardest, and you've taken our advice to heart." Zac beamed down at the popstar as if he was a proud father. "Every step of the way, you used your Pokemon. There wasn't a problem they couldn't solve together. You trapped foes with web, protected allies with screens, crossed long distances in seconds with the use of Mr. Rime's cane, and you found a perfect home for your baby. You didn't bring a pair of Pokemon," Zac chuckled, "you brought a bloody multitool!"
    "I knew you had in in you the whole time, and I'm certain that I'll have that opening number stuck in my head all week!"

Zac awarded the Biome Badge!

"Just like last time, everyone who made it to the third round gets a little something!" Zac said, pulling out a crate full of metallic slabs. Some of the trainers present would recognize them as the illusive Z-Plates. "These are gonna be important later, so grab whichever you want. Electric, Ghost, Dark or Fighting."

THANK YOU

A massive thanks to everyone who participated in the third Biome Contest! You absolutely floored me with your creativity and biome usage.

It is a pleasure to run these contests, and it wouldn't be possible without the help of the judges. Thank you and for your time, effort, insight, and biomular badassery. 

Anyone with a Biome Badge is eligible for a spot at the Judging Table in future contests, so hit me up on Discord if you're interested.

Keep an eye out for the next Biome Contest - Coastal!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2021 1:42:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]CONGRATULATIONS!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
[break][break]