challenge

[break]
ATTACK THE REUNICLUS AND REMOVE ITS HELD ITEM(S).[break]

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r8m8ee7VCP1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break]
"Battle Villa Rewards" - Pokémon Masters OST

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU MOVE TO THE FIFTH FLOOR. A lady splattered in paint greets you all with a sloppy brush coated in colour. On the floor, several other paintbrushes rest, pitifully unused, for the Reuniclus that hovers above it much prefers finger painting. Such an inclination is evident from the way its gelatinous hands drip with pigment.[break][break]

The Reuniclus picks up the brushes, at first, like it is a dirty tissue. Although it only as two limbs, it uses its psychic abilities to lift the others. "kalos is a region with so much history! so much art! in particular, i like to pull inspiration from the anistar sundial." The Reuniclus sighs and tightens its hold around the paintbrush. Gorilla grip. "find a way to make my reuniclus drop all of its paintbrushes!"[break][break]

Around the room, an inscription is written:[break]

"The more we flourish, the more[break]
spotlit we are in the silence of space.[break]
And to our illumine peaks they soar, [break]
Heeded by the ascension they so chase."

INSTRUCTIONS

READ CAREFULLY EVERY ROUND

• Please refer to sign-up thread for more information.
  • BOLD applicable Pokemon moves, abilities, held items, etc.
  • You can only send out ONE POKEMON in this round.
  • All of your Pokemon must be sent out at the same time.
  • Each Pokemon can only use ONE MOVE; some Pokemon may opt not to use any moves.
  • You may only post once this round (tentative to change).
[break]

PLEASE POST IN THE TIERED TEA ROOM SIGN-UP THREAD AFTER EVERYONE HAS POSTED.
[break]

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
TIERED TEA ROOM #6
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 3:21:25 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrianwt"]
[attr="class","adrianwtw"]
Adrian has never been to Kalos himself, and has only heard of it by reputation, but the anistar sundial rings a bell. It was one of the greater wonders of their world, said to have come from space. His parents honeymooned there once, and that was how he'd come to learn of this curious landmark. Beyond that, he knew little and cared less.[break][break]

"Is that all?" What they were asking them to do was something of a specialty for anyone with a proclivity for dark-type moves and pokemon. He doubted any of them needed to be told, so he quickly filed over to the chamber's rotomi, withdrawing a Scizor for himself to use. If any had needed, Adrian also possessed a number of other specimens with the appropriate move for the occasion.[break][break]

Upon releasing the Scizor, he commands: "Use Knock Off."

[break][break]
[attr="class","adrianwttag"]ADRIAN orders SCIZOR to use KNOCK OFF[break]KNOCK OFF removes the target's HELD ITEM

[attr="class","adrianwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.adrianwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt b] color: #723849; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #723849!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #723849; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #723849; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #723849!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #723849; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #723849; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #723849; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
TIERED TEA ROOM #6
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 3:55:53 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Needless to say, after their encounter with Mr ‘I’ll pretend I’ve never met any of you and refuse to tell you where my cat is’, Mars’ paranoia is on high. Which, says a lot, considering it had already been on high before, but this is definitely one of those turning up the dial sort of situations.
[break][break]
So, how does he react when their next opponent is a painter who goes on about Kalos?
[break][break]
Outwardly, he simply smiles, watching the woman and her Reuniclus while listening to her explanation about the challenge of this floor. Internally, on the other hand, he sure wonders if there’s anything hidden in her words – picking them apart one by one.
[break][break]
”The Anistar sundial, hm? Quite beautiful. I’ve been to Anistar a few times myself.” That much is true indeed, and he means his every word. But, why the Anistar sundial? Is there anything special about it? Mars quickly goes through all the knowledge he has regarding the city in eastern Kalos, but nothing particularly concerning comes to mind. ”I’d love to see one of your paintings sometime.”
[break][break]
That much is also true, fond of art as he is, but instead of continuing to chat, he approaches the Rotomi one more time. This time, he takes a moment to go through his list before finally grabbing a Luxury Ball containing a Corphish.
[break][break]
”KNOCK OFF.” The crustacean’s quick yet ever short legs make a tapping sound on floor with every step when it runs towards the Reuniclus, there’s something angry in its gaze, and it’s with a surprisingly high jump that it reaches for one of the floating brushes and smacks it down to the ground – sending it far away from the Psychic type.
[break][break]
Mars doesn’t bother with praise, his attention instead being on reading the inscription around the room and writing it down. He pauses at the halfway point, staring at the words he just typed into his phone:

The more we flourish, the more[break]
spotlit we are in the silence of space.

The silence of space.
[break][break]
"In spite of the best human efforts the universe remains silent."

S I L E N C I U M U N I V E R S I

Intentional? In Mars’ mind, it’s all too likely, but even if it hadn’t been, the constant mentions of space are already concerning.
[break][break]
And, what are these illumine peaks?
[break][break]
Inevitably, it makes him think of Arceus and Mt. Coronet, perhaps out of simple association thanks to having been born and raised in Sinnoh, perhaps because of how often Arceus has come to mind as of late.

[break][break]
[attr="class","textwtnotes"]

notes

[break]HELD ITEM: Ring Target ♡
[break]POKÉMON: CORPHISH
[break]MOVE: KNOCK OFF - The user slaps down the target's held item, and that item can't be used in that battle. The move does more damage if the target has a held item.

[attr="class","textwttag"] [break]

[attr="class","textwtpokes"][break]
[break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: center; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
TIERED TEA ROOM #6
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 4:01:40 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
After the tension of the last floor, the painter waxing poetic about Kalosian inspiration seems almost comically ordinary. Unless that's what they want us to think. Let our guard down, and then they'll strike...

Gavin does not let his guard down. He remains tense, muscles taut, and wonders if is thinking the same.

Psychic-types have always made him uneasy due to an uncomfortable history within Rocket, so he draws out one of his own in answer. The Delphox sports a wand of black crystal that seems to drink in light without reflection.

She lifts it at his command, a simple click of the tongue, and a gout of purple SHADOW FIRE streams from its tip to bathe the Reuniclus. Utilizing the distraction, the sly MAGICIAN snatches a paintbrush with her psychic power.

She floats it to Gavin, who flips it around to offer it handle-first to the painter.

NOTES
Delphox is NOT holding the Ring Target.
When a Pokémon with Magician hits another Pokémon with a damaging move, it will steal the held item of the Pokémon that it hit.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
TIERED TEA ROOM #6
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 5:00:15 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
An unfortunate circumstance, this infringement on what was to be an otherwise pleasant event. Barnaby was still unsure exactly what he needed to be careful of; portals to other dimensions opening? League avatars? Ultra beasts appearing from nowhere? The list could go on.

One thing was certain, though. Barnaby could feel the shift in his companions' moods - especially . They all outwardly appeared unbothered, masters in deception as all ROCKETs should be. And yet... there was a thinly-veiled tension in the air.

As they reached the fifth floor, Barnaby listened to the woman prattle on about her love for Kalosian history. To say he was unimpressed by her proclamation would be an understatement. With a sigh, he too ventured over to the Rotomi and retrieved a barely-used Poké Ball.

HARIYAMA.

Not a Pokémon he adores by any means, but one that provides the appropriate skillset at the moment. Perhaps that's why Barnaby's instructions were dry and without embellishment, relaying a simple, "Knock Off."

A paintbrush is struck from the air and clatters against the stone wall. Barnaby barely notices, as his attention has already shifted to the inscription around the room.

This one made less sense than all the last. He still studied it, taking a moment to try to connect the prose to those from previous floors.

holding PROTECTIVE PADS
HARIYAMA - used Knock Off: a damaging move that removes the target's held item
outfit check

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,585 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
TIERED TEA ROOM #6
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2022 20:22:06 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
is a hell of an actor but Temp knows his partner well. It's hard for him to hide his concern; what he had hoped would just be a fun day of battling seems to be leaning towards something else. Why did weird shit always have to happen? Why not just a normal outing?

Oh, well.

Temp visits the Rotomi next, clicking around until a Dive Ball is tossed.

A Tentacruel hits the ground with a wet 'slop', soaking the ground in water from his preferred home. It gives those in the room a nasty look.

"Knock Off! Take that last brush!"

The tentacruel rolls his eyes but glances at the other pokemon. Sighing, those long tentacles stretch out- one smacks the Reuniclus and the other takes the chance to snatch the paintbrush.

- Tentacruel used Knock Off
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #6
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2022 3:50:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","userPkmn"]
[attr="class","userHealth"]
[attr="class","userHP GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]06: SPIKY BARBS

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]
[attr="class","inactive"]

[attr="class","status NONE"]
[attr="class","th th-fire"]
BRN

[attr="class","raidText"]

[attr="class","gardenStats"]
challenge

[break]
ATTACK THE IRON BARBS ABILITY TOGEDEMARU[break]THAT IS USING SPIKY SHIELD AT LEAST 3 TIMES.[break]
SPIKY SHIELD WILL FADE AFTER 1 ATTACK.[break]
YOU CAN NOT SUFFER DAMAGE FROM IRON BARBS OR SPIKY SHIELD.
[break]

[break]

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU MOVE TO THE SIXTH CHALLENGE. A tough man dwarfs the Togedemaru standing ahead of him. Its body is perfectly rotund. Smooth, with triangular markings scattered throughout its grey back.[break][break]

He crosses his thick arms, but he seems friendly in face. "hey." The trainer does not speak much, but when he does, his voice booms deep and rich. "your pokemon have to strike my togedemaru three times without hurting themselves. got it?"[break][break]

The triangular markings are excited, pushing outward into spikes as the Togedemaru executes, SPIKY SHIELD.[break][break]

Around the room, an inscription is written:[break]

"Throughout our worlds, plates lie scattered—[break]
plates with powers all diverse.[break]
Forever lasting, each inscribed[break]
with eternal prayer's verse.[break]
Through space and time will they bear[break]
secret wishes for the universe."

INSTRUCTIONS

• Each Pokemon can only use ONE MOVE; some Pokemon may opt not to use any moves.
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
TIERED TEA ROOM #6
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 0:52:45 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Their journey to the next floor was uneventful, as was the newest challenger they faced. Barnaby appreciated his plain way of speaking and ability to get right to the point. Their obstacle this round seemed less straightforward than the rest, which wasn't totally unexpected. It showed they were making progress up the tower. How many more challenges awaited them?

Before beginning Barnaby returned HARIYAMA's ball to the Rotomi but, rather than retrieving another Pokémon from the machine, he plucked a capsule from his coat pocket. This time he planned to call upon one of his favorite companions: Gabrielle, his PERSIAN.

She emerged in an elegant flash of light, languidly stretching out all four limbs before rubbing against the front of Barnaby's legs. A contented purr thrummed through her chest as she greeted her owner - a sound which continued as the feline took stock of the other humans present and, upon seeing him, beelined for one in particular.

was the only other man in the room the PERSIAN was familiar with. Gabrielle remembered his soft caresses from their last meeting and, being the spoiled princess that she was, demanded the same treatment now. She butted her head into the palm of his hand, practically begging for pets, still purring all the while.

"Now, now, love. We have work to do. Mr. del Mar will have to wait." He cooed to his beloved cat, stroking her topline both as an affectionate gesture and as a way to get her to regain focus.

"Take these," Barnaby began, retrieving the PROTECTIVE PADS and fastening them to his PERSIAN. "And be careful of the spikes. Feint when you see an opening, then withdraw back."

Momentarily thrown off-guard, Gabrielle shook her body several times as she attempted to get used to the feeling of the protective equipment. She paced a hesitant line between Barnaby and Mars once, twice, and on the third had finally started to move more naturally. She was ready.

Turning, the PERSIAN uttered a throaty growl before lunging forward to do as instructed. She was surprisingly lithe and graceful despite the extra padding and, without receiving damage herself, was able to successfully break through the TOGEDEMARU's Spiky Shield.

holding PROTECTIVE PADS
PERSIAN - used FEINT: hits a target even if it is protected by Spiky Shield
outfit check

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
TIERED TEA ROOM #6
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 1:45:12 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Through space and time will they bear
secret wishes for the universe."

An innocent enough line for someone who wasn't involved with the plates uncovered in the bowels of the earth. But Gavin's thoughts are drawn immediately to Katherine and her obsessive quest, to the Church of Arceus and all that had happened there.

Was she involved, somehow, in whatever this was?

Any hope might've had for a cute bonding experience between them is dashed across the rocks of his suspicion. There's no drawing the underboss from the depths of paranoia once he's taken the plunge, and it's only a desire to see this mystery through to the end that keeps him from lashing out on the trainer who might have nothing to do with the others' conspiracy.

Gavin, proficient with Steel-types, knows an easy way around the Iron Barbs.

A Weezing is retrieved from the Rotomi, its NEUTRALIZING GAS spreading like a haze around the room. With the ability effectively nullified, it surges forth on command to land a DOUBLE HIT on its opponent.

NOTES
Neutralizing Gas nullifies the Iron Barbs ability, allowing physical attacks to land safely.
Double Hit is a physical move that hits twice!
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
TIERED TEA ROOM #6
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 2:19:12 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

It’s disturbing thoughts of ancient deities and the powers of the universe that fill Mars’ mind when the Persian appears, and if only for a moment, because of the way she so sweetly and lovingly reaches for him, demanding his affection, Mars is able to pull away from those all-consuming depths.
[break][break]
He sighs, he smiles faintly, and he pets Gabrielle, a fond glance being spared for before his attention turns to the battle, watching the Persian start things off by getting rid of the SPIKY SHIELD that had been raised by the Togedemaru.
[break][break]
”Great job, trésor. He praises with a playful wink, and without a need to approach the rotomi, his next pokémon is called out from a Luxury Ball Mars always has with him. Also a Persian. One that all too often spends time with him at his office.
[break][break]
”This one’s courtesy of POG Bank.”
[break][break]
Dollar’s crimson gaze fixes on the Togedemaru, and it’s through the Weezing’s NEUTRALIZING GAS that he attacks – sharp claws delivering merciless FURY SWIPES.
[break][break]
It really is too bad that that moment where Mars was able to push past his suspicions and paranoia is gone as soon as it comes, and all it really takes is one look at ’s expression after the underboss has read the inscription.
[break][break]
Without asking the obvious question out loud, he approaches too, recording the written words, and it’s with every verse he reads that his uneasiness grows.

Through space and time will they bear[break]
secret wishes for the universe.

Space and time once more.
[break][break]
How are these plates linked to Palkia and Dialga?
[break][break]
What are Arceus’ wishes?
[break][break]
Once more, just like before, a plethora of Unown Report entries fill Mars’ mind, but one rises above all, his gaze remaining fixed on the very same word written on the room’s floor:

U N I V E R S E

[break][break]

notes

[break]HELD ITEM: Ring Target ♡
[break]POKÉMON: PERSIAN
[break]ABILITY: Disabled due to Neutralizing Gas
[break]MOVE: FURY SWIPES - Physical Move / Makes Contact / 2 to 5 Hits

[break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: center; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,585 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
TIERED TEA ROOM #6
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 2:47:03 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Temp sighs. He knows that look on 's face. He wishes he could be frustrated but he knew what he was getting into when he agreed to marry the blond dork.

Well, at least he could still use this to learn.

"Hmm... So the attack made the shield go down. Then, the gas makes it so you won't be poked by the spikes...." Approaching the Rotomi, he tapped a few things before getting another pokeball. A pudgy Psyduck was called out. Watering Can gave a yawn before waddling forward.

"Hey, buddy! Can you use a Fury Swipes for me?"

The Psyduck honked before doing just that, swiping at the other pokemon with tiny claws. Honestly, it wasn't much of an attack for attack's sake- but it did get the job done.

That done, he stepped closer to Gavin. A light touch of the hands, just brushing them together, before he tried to squeeze his shoulder and pull him in close. A quick peck on the cheek was given, too.

"You're getting all tense. I'll rub your shoulders when we get home." Murmured just for the two of them.

- Psyduck used Fury Swipes! Thank you Barnaby and Gavin for doing the hard work
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
TIERED TEA ROOM #6
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 4:45:36 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
Adrian follows after the sound approach of his teammates, tossing out a Decidueye of his that hadn't seen a battle since the Hoenn Star Tournament. He supposed now might be a good time to stretch its wings. "Decidueye, use Dual Wingbeat. And mind the spikes..."[break][break]

Taking off in a flash, the owl struck with the the arrow-like protrusions jutting from the tips of its wings, striking the Togedemaru in close-quarters while avoiding the brambles and barbs of its hide. And then it returned.

[break][break]
[attr="class","adrianwttag"]LONG REACH DECIDUEYE uses DUAL WINGBEAT[break]Effects triggered by CONTACT cannot activate![break](I was tired from a nap so this post is a reflection of that.)

[newclass=.adrianwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt b] color: #723849; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #723849!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #723849; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #723849; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #723849!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #723849; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #723849; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #723849; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.adrianwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
TIERED TEA ROOM #6
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 20:21:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]07: POLTEAGEIST

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]

[attr="class","status NONE"]
[attr="class","th th-fire"]
BRN

[attr="class","raidText"]

[attr="class","gardenStats"]
challenge
[break]
THE WEAK ARMOR POLTEAGEIST HAS USED SUBSTITUTE.[break]
CAUSE THE POLTEAGEIST TO EAT ITS SITRUS BERRY WITHOUT DMG.[break]
PREVENT THE POLTEAGEIST FROM HEALING.[break]
DO NOT BREAK/DAMAGE THE SUBSTITUTE.[break]
HIT THE POLTEAGEIST WITHOUT AFFECTING ITS STATS.[break]

[break]

EXPOSITION

WELCOME TO AFTERNOON TEA

YOU ASCEND TO THE SEVENTH CHALLENGE; HOWEVER, THE NEXT FLOOR IS AN UNEXPECTED DEPARTURE FROM THE PREVIOUS TIERS. It is pitch black, save for a few candles scattered about the room. They illuminate the arena and reveal a Polteageist floating in its center. Its owner is obscured in the pitch— but when she speaks, the voice can be determined as feminine.[break][break]

From her chair, she speaks, "congratulations on climbing this far. the dark is comforting isn't it? you're concealed by prying eyes. anonymity is an oft forgotten blessing, as we've realized by way of the ultra beast war." She talks calmly, voice enunciating each syllable with refined clarity and tone. Any attempts to identify her will be futile, for the darkness around her seems... impenetrable. "your challenges will become more complex from this point forward. consider this to be the great filter of the fleur tea atelier."[break][break]

She explains the challenge.[break][break]

Around the room, there is no inscription visible.

INSTRUCTIONS

[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
TIERED TEA ROOM #6
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 21:15:23 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
Another auspicious challenge with a stranger begging the special attention of his discerning eye; though he cannot expect to know who this is, Adrian grows weary of his continued ignorance, attempting to take a gander at their aura for future reference. If nothing else he would learn that they were, on the surface, an ordinary human being.[break][break]

...If a rather dodgy one at that.[break][break]

After they hear out the challenge, the team agrees on a method of approach, and Adrian swiftly seeks out a rotomi to retrieve one of his many Klefki. His own personal one was unsuited to the task, so he chose one from a batch of gacha he'd pulled some time ago, making sure to teach it the necessary moves before continuing on with the challenge. Tossing the pokemon out in the murk of the dimmed room, Adrian's familiar voice calls out to it:[break][break]

"Klefki, open up with MAGIC ROOM!" His voice carrying through the dark was more obvious than the apparent magicks at work, which were difficult to discern through the pitch. But he could be sure it had worked.

[break][break]
[attr="class","adrianwttag"]PRANKSTER KLEFKI uses MAGIC ROOM[break]Effects of held items are SUPPRESSED!

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
TIERED TEA ROOM #6
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 21:43:56 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

The fact that the opponent they had faced at the last floor had been what could almost be considered “normal” should have perhaps been a warning, because the moment they step into the room where their seventh challenge awaits, whatever remnants of a sense of normality that there may have been are thrown out the window. Are there even any windows in this place? It sure doesn’t seem like it.
[break][break]
It’s dark. Too dark.

U M B R A

Once more, one of the words from the Unown Report takes the spotlight in his mind. Mars has never been one to be unsettled by shadows or darkness, and in this case it’s not the obscurity that surrounds him that brings a feeling of uneasiness to him – it’s the woman they can’t see and the words she speaks.
[break][break]
”The dark is comforting isn't it? You're concealed by prying eyes.” She says.
[break][break]
”My old companions have left me behind, their faces faded into spaces seen by no eye.” The inscription at the waiting room had said.
[break][break]
Let’s not even get started on the mention of the Ultra Beast War.
[break][break]
Are those responsible for the Unown Report somehow connected to the Megalopolans too?
[break][break]
All these things and more are what Mars considers while discussing strategies with the rest of the team, his gaze inevitably searching for an inscription that apparently isn’t to be found in this room. Later there will be time to share concerns, but for now, they need to make sure they move on to the next challenge, even though he sure is tense.
[break][break]
So, the Luxury Ball containing a pokémon he had acquired solely for this tea room visit is retrieved from the rotomi, and a Polteageist much alike that of the mysterious woman is released. Once a MAGIC ROOM is set around them by ’s Klefki, a simple command is given.
[break][break]
”Teatime, Ca’lida.”
[break][break]
And so, despite the lack of their healing effect, the woman’s Polteageist would get to enjoy the well-rounded flavours of a sitrus berry before things got a little more… unpleasant.

[break][break]

notes

[break]HELD ITEM: Ring Target ♡ (Effect suppressed)
[break]POKÉMON: POLTEAGEIST
[break]ABILITY: WEAK ARMOR
[break]MOVE: TEATIME - Causes all Pokémon on the field to eat their held Berry.

[break]