awards
5,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
WINTER MASQUERADE [Holiday Event]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 14:10:07 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Is that why you didn’t want me to come into your room while you were putting on…whatever’s hiding underneath there… on?” he inquired, wondering if his boyfriend’s strange behavior prior to throwing the voluminous cloak on had anything to do with it.

“I’ll give you a kiss—only if we get out of the way, we’re literally blocking one of the main archways with mistletoe,” he continued with a smirk on his features.

And just to rile him up, he leaned down and switched languages for a few moments to whisper into the other man’s ear.

“I want to do naughty things to you under that voluminous cloak, you know. I think it’s big enough to hide me!”

He then leaned back and cackled, before winking very deviously in his boyfriend’s direction.

• tonight is Frog’s night to shine
• Bird is here for the support
outfit, only it’s in white and gold so they fugging MATCH & mask
• Carina the Ribombee is wearing the teeniest version of his mask

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,904 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 15:23:57 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Ah well if he had stolen her from her well hidden attendant then he wouldn't feel to bad about it. Though it did take away some of the fun of seeing her potential date get flustered, and jealous. Perhaps next time. At her words he cracked an easy smile as his fingers laced gently between the alien spines of her dress, and they continued the waltz as if her partner had never changed.

"This has perhaps been the most stress free evening I've had in a long while. No world ending meteors, articles, hitmen, or Legendary Pokemon trying to hack me into pieces." He chuckled partly in jest. How much of all that was truth was something he wouldn't elaborate on. "And with a lovely dance partner, such as you, I would be hard pressed to not enjoy it Ms. Glaus." A sly wink of the eye as they continued to converse a little.

It wasn't often he got to see her outside of the work sphere, so this was a rare chance to speak to her without having to worry to much about anything.

"What about you? How goes your evening? Any dashing young men, try to sweep you off your feet yet?" It was a joke of course....Right?

close tab

played by

mad

vel
she/her
thirty-seven
february ninth
veilstone city, sinnoh
demiro / pansexual
house of glaus
ceo / creative director
5’10” height
5’10” height
the show must go on.
awards
33 posts
velda glaus DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @velda
velda glaus
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 20:19:30 GMT
velda glaus Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","velda"]
[attr="class","top"]

at the mention of all the region’s strife, velda’s pearly smile never wavered, for these were all things other people were meant to worry about. besides, this was a night for celebration, not dwelling on their narrowly evaded doom.[break][break]
”oh, how sweet of you to say. and i’m glad to hear you’re taking a break from the chaos! gods know we all deserve a bit of fun sometimes.”[break][break]
her gaze drifted over her shoulder and briefly in the direction of ’s entrance. it was unmistakable, from the heads that turned to the daring number that had been designed for the evening. earth-shattering, really. taking mental note to catch the coveted model at some point during the evening, she then returned to ’s question.[break][break]
young men, trying to sweep her off her feet?[break][break]
”none have tried, but i do so love it when they do. fingers crossed.”[break][break]
meanwhile, louis roamed the dancefloor, the ditto finding it was too shy to try and steal a dance partner in the same fashion it had been robbed.

[attr="class","ooc"]
tldr:[break]

• fits
  • dancing with
  • ditto louis still searching for dance partner sadge

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".velda"]--accent: #ad8b96; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".velda blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".velda blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".velda blockquote b, .velda blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .velda blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .velda blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".velda .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".velda .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".velda .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".velda .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .velda .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .velda .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Officer / Gym Leader / INTERPOL
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
I've known you for a lifetime.
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,485 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 5:43:57 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

WINTER MASQUERADE

Been a while since he indulged in this.

With his drink in hand, the blonde man leaned back against the counter and subtly eavesdropped on the conversations nearby, hiding his disdain for the disgusting kalosian wine the folk in charge of the bar had decided to stack.

If nothing else, at least he knew his daughters wouldn't be getting drunk, what with such crap at the bar.

"Some tea would do me well..." He mumbled, dragging a snort out of his Gallade companion. A palette cleanser would certainly have been appreciated...

Suddenly, the blue Gallade's gaze shifted away from his trainer and towards the crowd, his unblinking gaze seemingly peering through the mass of people.

Amongst the crowd, he could sense them— his juniors and their charges, his nieces; one excited bouncing across the masquerade with boundless curiosity, the other languidly moving about, avoiding the unwanted affections of several others.

Business as usual.

A much, much less familiar character, however, stood out amongst the crowd... Much less familiar than Gwyar's family— but familiar nonetheless.

It took a good moment for the Gallade to remember these emotions, but when he did...

The humanoid pokemon slowly reached besides himself, slapping with the back of his palm at Gwyar's wrist before gesturing with his head and neck towards the crowd.

"Found something interesting, eh?" The blonde man responded simply, giving the pokemon a curious look before immediately downing his disgusting drink. "Alright, then. Lead the way."

Gawain did not look even remotely worried, so Gwyar knew the children were not in trouble. But that meant the Gallade considered someone among the mass of nobodies to be of interest.

? ? Either women's Gardevoirs?

As it turned out— neither.

"Ah." The blonde man intoned as he emerged behind his Gallade past the crowd and somewhat away from the dance hall, finding himself before two young women— one familiar, one unknown.

His gaze inevitably fell upon , a small smile drawing over his lips as he folded an arm over his chest and bowed, first at her, then at her companion.

"Evening, ladies. My apologies for intruding—" The man said. "I thought I spotted someone familiar, so I approached... and it seems I was not wrong."

He grinned at Brynn.

"It seems you've managed to stay out of trouble since we last met, madam."
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 16:14:03 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","revivedpog"]
[attr="class","top"]

and just like that, as easy as a simple punch, his night suddenly livens. he snaps into the moment as the punch connects, square across his jaw. his lip cuts open as a result, pain surging as his foot catches his weight, stopping him from taking a tumble.[break][break]

springing off the same foot, he lunges forward to throw a punch across bo's face, then another to his gut. a one-two combo, if you will.[break][break]

not once does the thought of come to mind. she will be lost to the sea of masked faces, dancing the night away.[break][break]

notes:[break]
- chatting with [break]

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-shedinja"]

[newclass=".revivedpog"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,904 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 16:53:17 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
He just chuckled a little at her answer, and then he felt the music's tempo.

"I hope you don't mind if we pick up the pace a little. The last Masquerade I attended, I didn't get to do much dancing. So I hope you will indulge my selfishness for a moment. Then you can cut me loose." And then he let out a small breath, breathed in fresh air through his nostrils, and began to let his body loosen up. The rigidity of his form giving way as his feet began to move into a faster paced waltz. Amor was confident that he could lead her through it easily enough, but had faith that she was just as skilled as he was in such things if not more.

Switching their position to that of a promenade stance the steps began slowly, building up in tempo to match that of the music which was getting a bit livelier. Perhaps he was being to serious for such a little dance, but it was a good way to relieve stress, and that was something that he was currently dealing with a lot of.

So with a flourish the two of them began spinning while keeping his hands clasped to her to make sure he didn't lose his grip. With a twirl of her away from him. His body shifted towards her placing her hand back on his shoulder, with their bodies back in each others personal space for a brief moment, before he dipped her down to the ending of the song. Did he need to end the song on a dip? Absolutely not, it was merely an aesthetic choice, a trope if anything. But it was a trope that he enjoyed, and so he did it.

Gently pulling her back upright he was all smiles.

"Thank you for the lovely dance Lady Glaus." It was sincere, and so he settled into a light swaying motion. "I do hope I didn't accidentally step on your toes during it?"

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
we sewed all the holes we had to breathe
awards
645 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 4:15:28 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

she's still feeling warm after her dance with , even if their topic of conversation leaves her pained for him. his off-the-shoulder cape swishes as he turns and her gaze follows him as he wanders off. they'd disengaged by the edges of the dance floor so she manages to sidestep others quite easily, lingering gaze finally leaving her best friend to scour the rest of the room. 

at the far end, she spots a swath of red hair and recognizes . at that, she turns back in the other direction and heads back to the banquet table where she'd last seen lance and bo. 

on her way, she's offered a glass of champagne by the rotating waiters. feeling light on her feet, she opts to take it with a smile and has a healthy dose of bubbles settling in her tummy when she spots the pair of men.

her glass nearly slips from her hands when someone walks by her and the next thing she sees is bo lurching forward to punch her boyfriend in the face. the full-blown slugfest puts her at a standstill and then all at once she is in front of them, eyes rimmed red with anger, and the rest of her champagne is soaring in the air to drench the both of them. 

"stop it! stop it! what the hell do you think you're doing?"
close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-nine
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
long black tulips, born in your blue tints. lemongrass eyelids, smoke in your slick lips.
awards
1,040 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 4:27:10 GMT
fern delaney Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","star1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]In the wake of his brief interlude with , several things seemed to happen in rapid succession. For starters, the dance floor itself officially opened up– making his activity suggestion that much more relevant. Really, Fern wasn’t exactly meaning to extend an outright invitation so much as make conversation about dancing itself. And then if it led in some direction, it would come to that.[break][break]

Really, though, he wanted first and foremost to dance with his date. But as they shifted their glance toward , they caught the first flickers of disappointment. Largely concealed by his ability to keep a straight face, and also the mask in place on his face. It was still there, though, and then gone in a flash. Just as quickly as he excused himself. Behind his own mask, Fern frowned, fingers drifting up to ghosted over the other’s as they settled on his shoulder. “Okay..”[break][break]

There wasn’t time to debate it.[break][break]

Fern turned then, to direct his attention back to . Though they supposed they would not mind sharing a dance, if only to help the beast improve his mood about the whole affair. But before he could do much of anything, another masked stranger was intercepting and dragging a helpless Oscar away. All they could do was shrug helplessly at the other man, clearly unable to stop this person who was on a mission to dance with Oscar.[break][break]

All this led to a confused, slightly despondent Fern wandering through the crowd again, frown settled on his face as he wove his way to the bar. Only, he didn’t find there, as implied. And when he looked out toward the dancefloor, there was someone else with him.[break][break]

Something uneasy and annoyed twisted in the pit of his stomach.[break][break]

An arm looped through his, though, and he turned to find Yumi again. The sight of his friend was a welcome distraction and he let her pull him away until he could flop on his end of the sofa dramatically. Please, I would like nothing more.” A long sigh escaped him. “Got anything good?” Probably better than him, at least.
[break][break]

+ outfit // hair // dragapult isp. mask[break]
+ open to interaction!![break]
+ is in a state of lamentation and confusion, let's yumi pull him for a gab sesh[break]

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5fb2c9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-two
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmhand
ex-ranger captain
oh, honey
like the summer sunshine
6'5'' height
6'5'' height
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,112 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 4:56:13 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
both seemingly deaf to the startled shrieks around them, lance hit back, and bo rolled with it, settling into what he knew and sending it right back. one, two, three if he could. he was seeing red, and it wasn’t just blood. it was an R, obscuring his vision and taking control. he was vicious. the mask had come flying off.

so engrossed in the their dance, it took a second for bo to register there’d been a drink thrown on them. it was the voice that snapped him out of it, just about the only thing that could have stopped him short of brute force.

he looked over, perhaps opening himself up to one last hit if lance took it. either way, he ducked back, face bloody as he gawked at her. 

”will…”

he was wide-eyed, something there that wasn’t normally. dark and disorder. despite coming to, and noticing his surroundings, he was somewhere else.

”i’m sorry.”
tldr:
- unmasked, bloody, still dateless
- punching until throws champagne on them
- apologizes to will ONLY :<
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 8:01:12 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar

RotomTV Recap: 2.3

"The exhibits are juuuuust about to open!" exclaims a masked announcer on behalf of 's media network, the proclamation underscored by the bright flash of Rotoms behind her. "I hear we have some particularly interesting items loaned from the League's head scientists..."

OOC EXPLANATION

This thread serves as an OOC mid-round recap of events that have occurred so far in the mega-thread, stylized ICly as recaps of footage shown on RotomTV.

The goal of these posts is to make it less overwhelming for those joining in to follow events as they happen. Due to this, the nature of the recaps will be in a brief, TLDR format, and included on an as-needed basis.

PREVIOUS RECAPS

Review previous recaps from the event's start.
[attr="class","ynospace"]

ROUND 2.3 RECAP

📷 Highlight Reel 📷

Below is a list of most recent masquerade actions to-date for round two.

[break][break]

📷 Complete Footage 📷

Below is a list of complete masquerade actions to-date for round two.

PROMPT TRACKER

PROMPT STATUS: COMPLETE![break][break]
❄️ CONGRATULATIONS! Everyone who participates in this round will be eligible for prompt rewards! ❄️

PROMPT 1 - DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY - COMPLETE!
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

PROMPT 2 - BREAK OUT THE BUBBLY - COMPLETE!
1)
2)
3)
4) @girard
5)
6)

PROMPT 3 - HEARTBREAKER (Reject a Dance)
1)

PROMPT 4 - MISTLETOE (kiss!) - COMPLETE!
1)
2)
3)
4)

PROMPT 5 - MAY I CUT IN? (Cut in on a dance!)
1)
2)
3)

PROMPT 6 - SPILL A DRINK - COMPLETE!
1)

PROMPT 7 - MUSIC APPRECIATION - COMPLETE!
1)
2)
3)

PROMPT 8 - XOXO, GOSSIP GIRL (Gossip about events!)
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

PROMPT 9 - MASTER OF DISGUISE (Mis-identify someone!)
1)
2)
3)

ROUND TWO:[break]CLOSED!

ROUND TWO HAS ENDED:[break][break]DEC 23, 2022 @ 11:59PM PST[break][break]
🎁 REWARDS WILL BE REVEALED WITH THE ANNOUNCE OF THE NEXT ROUND! 🎁

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 8:06:15 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]WINTER MASQUERADE: ROUND THREE

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

HOLIDAY EVENT
OPEN MEGATHREAD
ENDS JANUARY 31th, 11:59PM PST

A BRIEF INTERLUDE

Dancing has not been the only promised activity this evening. As the masked event coordinator prepares to announce the opening of the museum's advertised exhibits, several other non-musical events entertain the gathered guests, instead.[break][break]

A briefly disabled security camera (courtesy of the Rotom of one ) distracts enough of the Anvil Security guards to leave the brewing tension between and unnoticed, until words become repeated blows. The champagne-soaked reprimand of is fortunately enough to settle things before their return.[break][break]

All else goes as anticipated. The discovery of mistletoe results in multiple pairings, unexpected and expected alike. The Howling at the Moon staff refill endless drinks, glasses rarely running dry. Partners exchange, the sea of masked faces parting and returning like a shift in tides. A lone suited Ditto roams the ballroom, hopelessly seeking a waltz.[break][break]

Dramatics cease as the ringing voice of the coordinator brings everyone's attention to the previously roped-off doors to the exhibits, which now swing open wide. They reveal the following options to those who tire of the dance floor, though all can stay here to enjoy the music as long as they desire.[break][break]

All such advertised exhibits reside in the Hall of Geology, Gems, & Minerals, and touching is strictly prohibited.

THE EXHIBITS OPEN!

THE PRIMAL[break]CRYSTAL EXHIBIT:

Loaned courtesy of League Head Scientist .[break][break]
Set up as the pre-cursor to 's METENO 99943 exhibit, different cuts and facets of the multicolored opulent stones known as PRIMAL CRYSTALS lend themselves to the understanding of how the League's meteor plan came into existence. At the center of the exhibit lies a fragment of meteorite, found in the heart of meteor falls in the ruins of what is known as the remnants of meteor village.

THE METENO[break]99943 EXHIBIT:

Loaned courtesy of League Senior Head Scientist .[break][break]
Those who had been present for the descent of METENO 99943 might recognize the TERASTAL CRYSTALS showcased in this astonishing display case, having been salvaged from the mineral vein of the meteor. It is a hauntingly beautiful reminder of how close Hoenn came to the brink of collapse, embodied in the newfound power that has emerged in the wake of that survival.

THE NAUTICA EXHIBIT:

Loaned courtesy of & .[break][break]
Showcasing all manner of oceanic treasure, the pièce-de-résistance lies at the center of the exhibit atop a pedestal - on the right, fragments from the sea queen's staff from Sea Hoenn; on the left, a pearl retrieved from the ruins located in the rift between our world and Sea Hoenn. Other shipwrecked artefacts surround them, from mysterious chests to gilded, ancient coins.

THE CROWN OF[break]KING GERALT IV[break]EXHIBIT:

Loaned courtesy of Galarian Ambassador .[break][break]
An ancient Galarian crown that predates the Renaissance era, studded with diamonds and jewels, sits at the center of a cushioned pedestal. It has been crafted using a unique ore said to be found only in Galar.

TERASTAL EXHIBIT

THE TERASTAL EXHIBIT

Another previously unadvertised exhibit is made available in the Hall of Pokemon Life, which has been briefly repurposed and rearranged to accommodate the TERASTAL EXHIBIT. Unlike the previous exhibits, no display cases nor jewels dazzle the eye here. Instead, VIRTUAL REALITY headwear stamped with the logos of SILPH CO. () and RAICORP () are sectioned off in pairs, an explanation for their use discussed on a hologram of the masked coordinator that welcomed you into the museum.[break][break]

"This hands-on exhibit is designed to allow for you to experience one of Hoenn's newest phenomenon's firsthand -- Terastallization. Those who wish may pair up and compete with one another using the power of virtual technology to explore the use of TERA ORBS and TERA SHARDS in this limited demo, in order to get a glimpse of this fascinating new aspect of our Pokémon's capabilities."[break][break]

A selection of twelve Pokémon then lights up on the screen for download. Spectators may watch the ensuing battles on the screens here, if they like.[break][break]

TERASTAL EXHIBIT[break]POKEMON

[break][break]

[break]

TERASTAL EXHIBIT RULES

• This is the only part of the masquerade event that allows for battling, and this MUST be done in a SPIN-OFF thread.
  • Choose one Pokemon from the offered selection to demo Terastallization. Each Pokemon has a limited moveset but you are free to select any ONE Tera type for its use for your spin-off thread.
  • This Pokémon will have the gender, ability, and movesets pre-defined in the hover-text.
  • You and your thread partner must activate your TERA ORBS on YOUR FIRST POSTS of this thread.
  • Pokemon may attack ONCE PER POST, including the first post where they Terastallize.
  • After each person has written FIVE POSTS for a Terastallization demo spin-off thread, the thread MUST END, indicating the end of the VR demo, regardless if a Pokemon has fainted or not.
  • You can write as many VR demo spin-off threads as you like.
  • Hint: Treat this mini-game as more of a way to explore Terastallized Pokemon ICly than a real battle! There are no prizes for winning, nor penalties for losing, drawing a battle, or ending it incomplete.
  • PARTICIPATION IN THIS MINI-GAME IS NOT NECESSARY. It is simply designed as a way to allow for characters to learn about Terastallization and explore it in battle, if they have not yet gotten an opportunity to do so ICly!

INSTRUCTIONS

OOC INSTRUCTIONS

• Please read the following carefully to participate!
  • All of your characters may participate in this holiday event; however, only one character can get a reward should a prompt be met. In other words, each reward from the event can only be redeemed by one character.
  • Note, one character CAN NOT CONTRIBUTE MORE THAN ONCE TO A PARTICULAR PROMPT, but they can contribute to ALL PROMPTS.
  • AS OF ROUND TWO, YOU ARE LIMITED TO ONE PROMPT PER POST.
  • There will be several group prompts that need to be met in this megathread to earn rewards. Those who are included in the prompt resolution post will be able to claim the rewards in the SITE SHOP by linking to the post indicating this.
  • Do not spam the thread with multiple posts from your own characters, please! Give others a chance to engage and respond!
  • Please include a TLDR at the end of your post, for ease of tracking the thread!
  • HINT: You can coordinate on Discord for dance partners, or indicate in your TLDR you are looking for dance partners!

IC INSTRUCTIONS

• Your character must arrive in FORMAL WEAR and MASKED!
  • Pokémon battling is strictly prohibited at this event, due to being a charity gala, EXCEPT IN THE TERASTAL EXHIBIT! UNIQUE RULES APPLY.
  • You are not allowed to unmask anyone, physically or verbally, without their consent.
  • This doesn't mean you can't privately guess ICly! But don't ruin the fun for anyone else!
  • You are allowed to unmask yourself, physically or verbally, if you like -- either to the room at large or to select individuals.
  • Spin-off threads may be marked (MASQUE) to indicate their tie to this event.
  • YOU ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO USE SPIN-OFF THREADS FOR DANCING, AND REQUIRED TO DO SO FOR TERASTAL EXHIBIT PARTICIPATION!
  • Please remember to be courteous and polite when coordinating with thread partners regarding things like dancing, etc.
  • Have fun!

PROMPT TIERS & REWARDS

TIERS & REWARDS

Depending on how many participants engage, reward tiers will be unlocked for the event! These are achieved as a GROUP, but may be redeemed on an individual basis.

• ROUND ONE: Introductions & Arrivals (COMPLETE!)
  • ROUND TWO: Refreshments & Dancing (COMPLETE!)
  • ROUND THREE: Unveiling of Exhibitions
  • ROUND FOUR: Dining in the Insectarium (AUTO-UNLOCKS: Jan. 6th)
  • ROUND FIVE: Final Dances & Farewells (AUTO-UNLOCKS: Jan. 18th)

ROUND 2 REWARDS

REWARDS UNLOCKED!

As you pass into the ballroom, you receive a gift bag of assorted items: INCENSE, a FORM CHANGE, and a packet of SPARKLING DUST.
[break][break]

[break][break]
[img src="https://i.ibb.co/fNWbQVQ/Bag-Pure-Incense-Sprite.png" title="1X INCENSE" style="border:none;box-shadow:none;float:none;"]
[img src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msikma/pokesprite/master/items/key-item/makeup-bag.png" title="1X FORM CHANGE" style="border:none;box-shadow:none;float:none;"]
[img src="https://i.ibb.co/5jTDs33/sparkling-dust.png" title="1X SPARKLING DUST" style="border:none;box-shadow:none;float:none;"]

WINNERS OF ROUND TWO REWARDS:[break]
[break][break]
🎁 @girard @rosie @albrecht 🎁

ROUND 3 PROMPTS

ROUND THREE PROMPTS:

WORK TOGETHER AS A GROUP to complete the following prompts below! These must be completed before Jan. 6, 2022 at 11:59 PST to earn full round three rewards![break][break]

❄️❄️❄️
[break]

PROMPT 1: ALL THAT GLITTERS - COMPLETE![break]
❄️ Comment on or admire the METENO Shard or Primal Crystal exhibits. Alternatively, discuss the events of PAAA.(x3)[break][break]
(Hint: Does looking at the exhibit maybe remind your character of some of the events of PAAA? Are they concerned for the impact on Hoenn? Or do they just like shiny things?)[break][break]
PROMPT 2: HEAVY LIES THE CROWN - COMPLETE![break]
❄️ Comment on or admire the Crown of King Geralt IV exhibit. Alternatively, discuss the current state of Galar.(3x)[break][break]
(Hint: Is your character concerned about the state of Galar after the Darkest Day? Do they have opinions on the Galarian monarchy, or perhaps, one ?)[break][break]
PROMPT 3: SAVE THE DITTO'S LAST DANCE - COMPLETE![break]
❄️ Find the lost suited Ditto on the dance floor and dance with him. (1x)[break][break]
(Hint: Consider tagging Louis's trainer, , when you do so!)[break][break]
PROMPT 4: GRINCHMAS - COMPLETE![break]
❄️ Green is the color of the season -- express either greed or envy in some form. (2x)[break][break]
(Hint: Do you covet one of the treasures of the exhibits? Are you jealous of someone else's dance partner?)[break][break]
PROMPT 5: TERASTALLIZE ME - COMPLETE![break]
❄️ Either use or comment on the VR headsets in the TERASTAL EXHIBIT. Alternatively, discuss Terastillization, Tera Shards, or Tera Orbs. (3x)[break][break]
(Hint: You don't necessarily have to make a spin-off thread to achieve this prompt.)[break][break]
PROMPT 6: PIRATE'S HOARD - COMPLETE![break]
❄️ Comment on or admire the Nautica exhibit. Alternatively, discuss the Lilycove-based maritime salvaging and exploration company Nautica, or Sea!Hoenn. (3x)[break][break]
(Hint: Does the oceanic treasure make your character remember any similar adventures of their own? Are they familiar with and 's business? Have they encountered Sea!Hoenn?)[break][break]
PROMPT 7: CAN'T STOP DANCIN' - COMPLETE![break]
❄️ Keep dancing on the dance floor! It's still open! (2x)[break][break]
(Hint: Poke around the RotomTV recaps to see if there any wallflowers that might be looking for a partner!)[break][break]
PROMPT 8: DRUNKEN FOOL - COMPLETE![break]
❄️ Make too much use out of that open bar and get a little bit tipsy, or perhaps... drunk. (1x)[break][break]
(Hint: You don't have to make a total idiot out of yourself if you don't want to. But if you want to, that's also okay!)

FAQs ABOUT ROUND 3

FAQ

1) Can I join even if I wasn't in round one?[break]
Yes! You're free to join this event at any point of its duration![break][break]

2) Was round two the only dancing part of the event?[break]
No -- the ballroom will remain open for the rest of the event. You can ignore everything else that opens up and just stay here and dance if you like![break][break]

3) Do we have to do the Terastal Exhibit?[break]
Nope! It's completely optional. The masquerade could go on with absolutely no one participating, and that would be a-okay. It's just a fun thing you can use or not![break][break]

4) How long will the Exhibits be open (Including the Terastal Exhibit)?[break]
For the rest of the event! So don't feel rushed to check everything out if you're currently having fun.[break][break]

5) I can't seem to find a dance partner![break]
We recommend asking on Discord if anyone is looking to pair up, or alternatively, indicating in your TLDRs that you are open to being danced with! You can of course also simply ask IC and see what response you get.[break][break]

6) Can I recognize other masked people IC? I'm not sure how to interact.[break]
The best method is always to ask the writer of the character how noticeable they want to be! However, we strongly encourage indicating in your TLDRs or in your posts themselves how recognizable you want your character to be.[break][break]

7) What happens if we don't fulfill all the prompts?[break]
The event will continue as usual; it will simply affect the types of rewards you earn at the end of the round. That's literally all they're for, and to help guide things along![break][break]

DEADLINE

ROUND 3 DEADLINE

JAN 6, 2023 @ 11:59PM PST[break]
🎁 REWARDS WILL BE REVEALED WITH THE ANNOUNCE OF THE NEXT ROUND! 🎁

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 9:35:50 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","heartfancy"]
[attr="class","heartpicfancy"]
[attr="class","heartpkmnlistfancy"]

[attr="class","heartpkmnfancy"]

[attr="class","hearticonholderfancy"]
[attr="class","hearticonfancy"]
[attr="class","heartnoteboxfancy"]
[attr="class","heartnotesfancy"]

- dancing with
[break]
- the disguised latias offers to dance with ' ditto
[break]
- open to interaction
[break]
- locke outfit and mask
[break]
- latias disguise, outfit, and mask

[attr="class","heartsidefancy"]

[attr="class","hearttagfancy"]@open

[attr="class","hearttextboxfancy"]

[attr="class","hearttextfancy"]
"I'll trust your lead then," he said with a smile.

[break][break]

In truth, the dance wasn't that bad. Nobody's bones were broken, at least, and he'd daresay he was even having a good time, despite spending most of it staring at his feet.

[break][break]

"So is this all people do at these things?" the courier eventually asked. "Doesn't seem all that special, really."

[break][break]

---------------

[break][break]

Elsewhere, while was distracted by one stranger on the dance floor, another approached Ms. Assistant.

[break][break]

She crouched down to meet the Ditto, glancing around to make sure no one was watching before flashing her eyes into their usual golden color. They were just as quickly disguised again with a wink, and a gloved hand was extended to the suited blob.

Nano

[newclass=.heartfancy]position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background: #b9aaaa; padding:2px; border-radius:100px 5px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpicfancy] position:absolute; height:250px; width:500px; background: linear-gradient(-90deg, #b9aaaa, transparent), url("https://i.imgur.com/7yoEf9P.png") no-repeat center; border-radius:100px 0px 0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticonfancy] height:100px;width:100px;background-image:url("https://i.imgur.com/LbWTOSy.png"); border-radius: 50px 50px 50px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartpkmnlistfancy] width:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartpkmnfancy] position:relative; top:0px; right:-220px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color: #b9aaaa; border:solid 1px #cd422d; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextboxfancy] height:310px; width:260px; position:relative; right:100px; top:10px; padding:20px; background:#fff; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextfancy] overflow:auto; text-align:justify; height:310px; font-size:12px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#56535A; padding:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextfancy b] color:#cd422d; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartsidefancy] position:absolute; top:490px; right:-10px; background:transparent; width:190px; padding:10px; max-height:70px; text-align:justify; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnoteboxfancy] position:absolute; top:390px; right:10px; background:#fff; border:solid 1px #cd422d; width:150px; padding:10px; height:72px; overflow:auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotesfancy] height:65px; overflow:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; color:#56535A; padding:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttagfancy] position:relative; display:inline-block; background:#fff; margin:1px; padding:5px; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearticonholderfancy] border-radius:100px 100px 100px 100px; border:solid 1px #cd422d; padding:10px; border-right-color: #FFFFFF; position:absolute; right:40px; top:260px; background:transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextfancy::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#fff 1px solid; [/newclass]
[newclass=.hearttextfancy::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#cd422d; [/newclass]
[newclass=.heartnotesfancy::-webkit-scrollbar] width:2px;background-color:#313131;border:#fff 1px solid; [/newclass] [newclass=.heartnotesfancy::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] width:2px;background-color:#cd422d; [/newclass]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

she / her
august 1
Goldenrod City, Johto
power
casino owner
executive
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
When someone says you can't do it, do it twice. And take pictures.
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yumi
Yumi Hasegawa
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 20:00:35 GMT
Yumi Hasegawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yumi"]
[attr="class","yumitext"]

[attr="class","yumipkmn"]

After a truly riveting conversation with , Yumi parted ways with them, promising to find them later in the evening for a second round of gossip. Her friend slipped into the crowd, supposedly going to find the man who'd dumped him all night.[break][break]

"If you can't find your boy, I'll be around the exhibits," was her parting comment to Fern.[break][break]

Though several guests remained in the ballroom and continued dancing, Yumi made her way into one of the chambers just recently opened. In the center of the room was a single, cushioned pedestal; sitting atop it was an ancient relic, the crown of a bygone king of Galar. Glass encased the entire display, with velvet rope preventing anyone from standing too close.[break][break]

Yumi approached the jewel-laden headpiece and stared at it for a long moment. Then she took out her phone, opened the camera, and snapped a few photos for her Instagram. When she tried to take a selfie with the crown, however, she struggled to find a flattering angle.[break][break]

She scanned the room, looking to see if anyone could take a photo for her.

[attr="class","yumiooc"]
+ anyone else!
[break]

NOTES

Open to interactions![break]
Dress + hair + mask[break]
Says bye to Fern for now and takes photos in the Crown of Galar exhibit[break]
PROMPT 2 FULFILLED

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.yumi]--accent:#B76E79;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yumi]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yumi b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".yumi a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yumi i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".yumi u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".yumi h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".yumi h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".yumi .yumitext b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yumi .yumiooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".yumi .yumipkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Nike
He/Him
December 1
Lilycove City
Homosexual
Music Retail Worker/DJ
Civilian
You May Say I'm a Dreamer, But I'm Not The Only One
awards
99 posts
Niky Racz DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun4
Niky Racz
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 22:57:08 GMT
Niky Racz Avatar
Sadly, he didn't have too much of a chance to start something with the nervous wreck. With the exihits starting, he too started to move. Albiet slowly...Niky did have a bad leg. Though when he did look back, he found that the man () had vanished! Oh well. Lets see what all the commotion is all about. The first one the blonde looked at was the Meteno Shard. All the hard work that the rangers and League officials did to stop the end of the world paid off. Which certainly pissed off some of his customers due to the fact that they had refused to pay up for Niky's services. Now they had to or face criminal charges. HA! Showed them right!

The next one that the musician saw as the crown of King Geralt IV. Niky had no real opinion of Galar aside being obsessed with Pokemon battles. Though his concerts did well enough there when he toured it. It was still a bit over the top. And a lot of Applin being tossed at him with adoration. Poor pokemon...being used a symbol of one's "love" for someone. Sweet...but it's also a Pokemon...leave them be! The last exibit he found was the Nautica Exhibit. He could never be a treasure hunter, especially right now. Still, the prospect of finding treasure still had its appeal. Good on them for not being greedy and show off what they found. Some things just belonged in a museum...

TLDR
Abandons :(
Goes see the exibits!
Glitter and Gold, the Meteno Shard was checked out first!
Then the crown!
Then the Ocean Treasures!
Open to interaction, preferably a dance!
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,408 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 0:54:51 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

At last, the moment Gavin has been waiting for.[break][break]

Like a child on Christmas, excited and waking their parents from SLEEP, Gavin seeks out in the crowd to tug him toward the museum exhibits. He doesn't care for the members of the League who'd donated them but marvels them all the same.[break][break]

It's the crown of King Geralt the IV that draws his attention most.
[break][break]
"I hope Circhester will still be there when we go." It's unlike Gavin to mourn his homeland, but Galar was not the parents who'd raised him there. Though he possessed a bitter hatred for Quinn Court and its residents, he longed to see the icy mountains of Circhester or the city's ancient architecture once more. He'd talked often with his husband about what they might do on a trip to the region, from snowboarding to relaxing in the King's Bath, and the thought that it might be impossible weighs heavy upon him.[break][break]

Fingers tighten around his husband's, seeking comfort.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]WINTER MASQUERADE

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Tailored black suit + 'Corviknight' mask[break]
PROMPT #2 ❄️ Comment on or admire the Crown of King Geralt IV exhibit. Alternatively, discuss the current state of Galar.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP