AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 1:40:21 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","olllies"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

'i want to trust .'

[break][break] ollie glances across the table at as she answers his question. the nuance of her words isn't lost on him either. how bittersweet it was — it hadn't been that long ago that he felt the same way. maybe he still felt the same way.

[break][break] his eyes flickered to who sat next to him. for a long time, she was the only reason that he didn't feel as bitter as he used to be about groudon's avatar. ENVY gnawed at him, gently, fraying at the edges, but he took a breath to clear his head. the meeting moved on.

[break][break] when speaks to , admonishing him for his silence, ollie can't help but feel sympathetic for his friend. he bumps his knuckles against the other man's knee, to show his support.

[break][break] "we got your back," he agreed. ollie didn't know what he could possibly do to help the other head ranger accrue the loyalty of his deity again, but whatever it was, ollie vowed to be there for him.

[break][break] when speaks of and the topics of the submarine's layout, he pipes up. "i can also ask any rangers in the reform program if they know about the layout," he says. a flash of sadness crosses him as he remember before continuing onwards.

[break][break] "i agree with greyson," he says, mulling over his words. "i can't say i feel great about attacking the city with citizens in it."

[break][break] "but i don't see us having a choice. the alternative is to keep waiting, and i don't think any of us can do that." his fingers curled into fists; he felt antsy, had felt antsy ever since he'd entered the meeting, but also ever since 's capture. "i think the best idea is to cause a controlled disaster, like everyone said."

[break][break] "the rangers can also release a notice saying that there's warning of a natural disaster, to help citizens and pokemon avoid that area. and razz is right, creating an evacuation squad should also be no problem. but if you need extra hands - "

[break][break] he looked over at and .

[break][break] "i wouldn't mind providing extra support if you need back-up in that cave."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] + ollie is like 'i agree with greyson but i don't think we have a choice'
+ rangers can help mitigate the danger by veering citizens and pokemon away if possible
+ thinks sadly of all the ppl captured tehe
+ offers to support illie and skyler in dah cave

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-heartbeat"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@aqua-assembly

[attr="class","milkhcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".olllies"]--accent:#FFB24D;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .postbody img"] float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin: 5px 21px 11px 1px; height:90px; width:90px; filter:grayscale(0%); transition:0.5s all; } .luck .postbody img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:0px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody .ooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkhcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkhcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkhcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,796 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 4:41:43 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]

It felt as though she was caught in a fever dream. The world spun around her much like the conversation orbited a finite topic when there’s so much more at stake. Familiar voices melded together until he couldn’t discern one from the other. Accusation flew freely and the sharp sting of a looming presence invaded her mind. Her palm pressed to her temple to mitigate the pressure as she slowly sank back down into her chair. The drone of The League’s most notable voices disappeared, and only one remained. The words were never clear, but the impression left was enough to parse through her patron’s own musings.

THESE ARE THE ONES WITH WHICH WE ARE TO DEFEND HOENN?!

Irritation forced on her by her god crept up her throat until she could taste bile on her tongue.

MORTALS ARE HINDERED BY THE INSIGNIFICANCE OF THEIR LIFESPAN. THE WORLD, THE UNIVERSE, AS WE KNOW IT IS THREATENED AND THEY SQUABBLE OVER AN ISLAND OCCUPIED BY RATTATA.

Rats that counter them at their every move - but even the most insignificant pokemon can be of use. They have knowledge the League needs, and resources that could help defend their world.

This is all so much bigger than them.

Rocket either needs to be eliminated swiftly or used to their advantage so that they may focus on the larger threats at hand, “It’s not hard to turn people against Rocket,” she finally spoke up in regards to the concern about Rocket sympathizers, “An Arbok doesn’t change its color. Back them into a corner where they're forced to show their true self and they will do the rest for us. Worked well enough in Kanto recently,” she was referring to her report and the unrest as a result of Rocket’s actions in response to it, “But don’t think for a moment Kanto Rocket won’t come to their aid -unless they already have,” her goal to distract Kanto Rocket with more to do across the sea had worked for a little but it wouldn’t work indefinitely, “If we warn them, I’m fairly certain they’ll put the protection of themselves and their resources over the safety of Sootopolis’ residents.”

Eva waved her hand in irritation, “If we are doing this, we must do it swiftly. Every second we waste focused on Rocket, the more time we lose focusing on what really matters,” the pause she leaves is heavy with caution, “What can actually destroy the world as we know it.”

“If we must focus on Sootopolis then my patron and I are at your disposal. We will happily rid Hoenn of this plague,” they did it in Petalburg Woods, they could do it again, “Of course, this would hinder me from focusing on other duties,” she briefly glanced towards and . She had spoken about an excursion to The Cave of Origin with Illeana before and would love to accompany them, but Eva would do her duty to Hoenn where she was needed most.

@aquapt4

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
3,064 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 16:11:02 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4

The latest installment in the franchise.

So tense.

He had little to add to the planning at the current time, but there was something had suggested, and acknowledged, that he wished to nip in the bud.

Immediately, if possible.

"I would rather we not grant any legitimacy to their claims over the city by putting an embassy in there." He pointed out, taking a sip from his coffee.

We're trying to reclaim some part of Sootopolis, no?" He said, turning his gaze over to the commissioner, recalling her exact wording. "We ought to prioritize making sure that whichever area we choose to reclaim serves as a sufficient foothold for us to fortify."

Even if they attempted to put an embassy there, which they really should not in his opinion, Team rocket would be gunning for anyone inside anyway.

Best to just hunker down, fortify and serve as a launch pad for more offensives from inside Rocket's 'territory'.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,909 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 21:23:33 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Penelope heeds for caution were outright dismissed by the table as a whole. It made sense - all but one were not privy to the information that loosened the binds around her tongue, and that one was none other than an angel who saw no evil, no wrong, in a man maddened by his own wax wings. But the councilwoman could never see the same.
[break][break]

She heard the way he spoke of the lives forgotten in the invasion, the disregard in which he offered their memory. She saw how, in the face of further power, he turned his head, readied to accept whatever role now fitted his newfound desires.
[break][break]

A long, held-in breath bellowed out from her nostrils.
[break][break]

The battle had been won - a plan, once weighed down by the threat of volatility , had been discarded. Waved away with a simple shrug of the commissioner's shoulders. But it wasn't enough. Far from it.
[break][break]

Whether it be the spite that still lingered within her heart, or the deep beating envy that now flooded her veins, the councilwoman couldn't move past the slight still wet off the perpetrator's lips. For a moment, while the conversation continued to ebb and flow around, no different from rippling waves just outside her first Lilycove Apartment, Penelope's eyes found 's.
[break][break]

And, it was in that moment, a decision had been made.
[break][break]

The flittering of opinions continued to pingpong across the table, carrying the topic of conversation from the original take of the invasion onto the method itself. There weren't many militaristic matters in which the councilwoman felt comfortable in involving herself in opinion-wise, but for this one, she made an effort. [break][break]

"It's not hard to turn the people against us as well," She glanced at , brow raised. "Even if we give the citizens a proper warning to evacuate, Rocket will have all the leverage they need to create a new onslaught of propaganda."
[break][break]

Even if they guarantee a slice of victory with this siege, there'll be years worth of embedded distrust left to unravel. Distrust that's moldable to any cause. New or old.
[break][break]

"Not to say I'm in a disagreeance to the proposed plan. But 's right. We should be aware of the facts: hundreds of innocent families will be caught in the crossfire of this. Homes will be lost, lives displaced all over again, all in a very public manner. There will be no avoiding the anger this attack will ensue, and if Rocket is left equipped, there is no doubt this event will become a centerpiece to their future message."
[break][break]

A pause nestled the finality of her words.
[break][break]

"If we follow through with this, we'll need to be prepared with the consequences. Even if we fund a rehousing plan for the effected families, which I suggest we do, it'll take years to repair what we'll be losing with this decision."
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] @charname [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,565 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 4:48:15 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan pauses as the conversation stills to a relative pause before he speaks up.

On the suggested con:

: "Team Rocket may choose to not evacuate, though. They're not shy about their confidence." He said to Callan. "If they think they can stop Matias, I don't think they'll bother evacuating— they might even keep the civilians inside just in case; wouldn't be the first time they try blaming any fallout on the league."

: "I like the idea Callan, but I worry what effects it might have on how the public will view matias going forward if we do that plan."

: "Still, I don't believe a con like this would work in the first place. We're relying on a single-point of failure, and from the actions of one man, who regardless of personal feelings, holds the title 'The Volatile.' JOHN SULLIVAN's point of alerting them, should this fail, would also mean that we wouldn't have another shot."

: "greyson's right," he says. "sootopolis is your home, and you know it best. do you trust matias silph?"

: "though doug is worried team rocket may not fall for the bait, i can bet that some of the populace will heed the warning. after all," She looks at EVA MORALES, SKYLER DROSS, MATIAS SILPH. "we have the means to create a controlled 'disaster' of some kind. head ranger kingsman and councilwoman morningstar, your familiarity with sootopolis will prove pivotal in this operation."

Callan pauses, "I agree that the plan is risky," Heb egins, "But all plans achieve merit in execution. If I were to critique my own idea, it would be in regard to how Matias is painted, how Matias can enter and escape, the message that will be sent out, monitoring, and backup plans, and so on and so forth." He taps his index against the table as he emphasises each point. "That being said, your concerns are valid, my risk tolerance is fairly low, sometimes, that is necessary."

On Matias' Reputation:

: "you guys are low for suggesting to use someone as a scapegoat." and talk about him like he wasn't a person in front of his face, nonetheless. "it's practical, i guess, so i can't say it's bad, but i can offer an alternative if we're going that path."

: "I dunno why everyone's singling Matias out—" Nobody told him anything, and relationship drama did not make it into any reports, so— "But I would like to second the champ and ask everyone to stop. Infantilizing one of our longest serving elite 4 right to his face is just asinine. We cannot simultaneously trust a man to be one of our top trainers and also demand for him to have a babysitter."

Callan shrugs, "Matias has a reputation," He begins, "we can use it for the benefit of the League. I see no moral quandary about managing impressions. We are all doing it, right now. How I act as a rock star and how I am in this meeting are two different things."

On Dynamaxing:

: “That pink light did something funny to my Metagross. Literally blew him up several times bigger—much bigger than normal Mega Evolution can. However, it’s only happened once, during that time—and never again since then.”

: "if artifacts of this nature have already been found, then what councilman silph had feared may already be true. that the dynamaxing phenomena already naturally occurs in our hoenn. that power spots may already exist."

: "if power spots might already exist naturally in hoenn, i recommend employing expeditions into areas that have been known to hold high energy levels - places like littleroot, lilycove, meteor falls, mauville, and the primal point locations to name a few. detection devices or, perhaps, the artifacts SKYLER DROSS and LAURENCE ANDERSON have could alert us to existing dynamax energy within the earth."

: "If we are doing this, we must do it swiftly. Every second we waste focused on Rocket, the more time we lose focusing on what really matters,” the pause she leaves is heavy with caution, “What can actually destroy the world as we know it."

Callan had no further inputs regarding this. If the power was already out, there was no choice but to act and incorporate the power for their own use as fast as possible.

On the operation:

: "the optimal decision, with little risk to us, would be the announce a disaster ahead of time. akin to what young has proposed, but without making contact. evacuating and moving their resources will take time and keep them on the move. likewise, moving back into sootopolis would take just as much time. we can damage the city from afar, if needed, to assure we do not sustain damage while busying team rocket."

: "give me primal energy," he says. "i think i can undo 'collateral damage' if things go south."

: "if we play this smart, then hopefully we won't need to risk using champion KYLE LOPEZ's sacred powers. hopefully, no one will be hurt. i am not comfortable using elite four matias as a scapegoat or singular distraction as elite four greyson warned, having a single point of failure is a massive risk. as councilwoman PENELOPE LIVY stated, a full frontal offense is dangerous. but a tactical approach elite four callan delineated in the form of some announced disaster as councilman FERNANDO SILPH has suggested, may be the best action we take. even if we do not seize back control of sootopolis, we can make a case that an embassy," She faces Councilwoman FREYA MORNINGSTAR, "or some kind of mutually beneficial deal can be made for sootopolis' people. as head scientist reyes said, there may be information related to sea hoenn still present within the crater city."

: "CIAN MAHER might also be of use here - he has schematics of rocket's submarine still handy... he could offer more, perhaps."

: "Disaster simulation aside — could we not rely on emotional manipulation ourselves? You don't join a terrorist organization without your fair-share of an ego."

: "if we were to create a controlled disaster, the rest of our forces can sneak into the city using the underwater tunnels. rocket utilized them for their invasion, so let's use them for our liberation."

: "as GREYSON CONNORS pointed out - should public opinion of the league falter after the assault on sootopolis, we can still use the controlled disaster to our advantage regardless. with that in mind, i'd like to accompany skyler to the cave of origin and look for information surrounding sea hoenn's connection to sootopolis. if we can find information during the attack, it will better equip us for the future with less time wasted."

: "However if that ends up being the case I was helping run escape routes for citizens when Rocket first raged war on the city to take it over. and the rangers are specifically trained for such natural disasters, given time I'm sure LAURENCE ANDERSON, OLLIE MORALES, and I could train a good group of rangers for the evacuation while this is done to try and weaken Rocket."

: "i think the best idea is to cause a controlled disaster, like everyone said. the rangers can also release a notice saying that there's warning of a natural disaster, to help citizens and pokemon avoid that area. and razz is right, creating an evacuation squad should also be no problem."

: "if we follow through with this, we'll need to be prepared with the consequences. even if we fund a rehousing plan for the effected families, which i suggest we do, it'll take years to repair what we'll be losing with this decision."

Callan absorbs the plan, then provides an addendum, "I would like to add to this, if you are all in agreeance with the controlled disaster approach." Calln begins, "We start with verbal warnings, then make a warning shot several days, or a week, in advance. Small tremors, increased tidal waves-- if , and are so willing. This will evacuate a majority of the population espcially if , and collaborate for such an event. Even diehard rocket believers will not stake their lives on this. Afterwards, we can decide if it is necessary at all to destroy the city, when we are able to approach without casualty."

AQUA

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
with you
i am born anew.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,445 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 15:51:13 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"how quickly you change your tune, eva. were you not advocating for peace with team rocket mere moments ago?"[break][break]

talks with such certainty that for a moment he actually believes her capable. when he looks at her, he does not see the war medic and head professor responsible for saving countless lives both in kanto, hoenn, and potentially across the world, he sees the woman he had left behind because she wasn't strong enough.[break][break]

nothing shows but amusement that fades at his next words.[break][break]

"but i'm with you. it's time we rid hoenn of this plague."[break][break]

he leaves her with a smile before glancing down at his phone that had buzzed with a text message earlier. the lull of their discussion allows him to check only to find a scandalous image sent by . even if his phone is under the table, it takes him a good few seconds before he puts it away.[break][break]

it appears his florist requires a visit.[break][break]

[break]
- evias day pog[break]
- calls eva out a little bit hehe[break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,064 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 15:57:22 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4

He slowly turned to look at , hands gathered together on his lap.

Did he really need to add the back-hand to that compliment?

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,796 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 17:20:17 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]

“I wholeheartedly agree, Councilwoman,” Eva’s eyes smile at , though it doesn’t seem friendly, “Sounds like our PR team needs some alone time to sort through that mess . . . and whatever mess we plan to make attacking Rocket in Sootopolis,” it won’t be hard for any logical human to deduce where an unexpected natural disaster came from. The allegiance of the weather trio is no secret.

In truth, she hadn’t really paid much attention until this point, but when a familiar, volatile voice lunges like a dagger, her sharp gaze snaps towards him, parrying the attack with a twitch of her pink lips, “I’m advocating to deal with Rocket - one way or the other so we can focus on what matters. I’d rather not stoop to their level and attack a city but it seems the esteemed council has made up their mind and I’m obligated by contract to do what’s asked of me,” the faintest hint of disdain lingers. Eva is ultimately a peacemaker, but sometimes peace means war it seems and she’s playing the end game.

“Peace or war it doesn’t matter,” her voice drops, an ethereal power resonating in it as the influence of her patron slips through the cracks, “WE WILL NOT ALLOW THEM TO THREATEN THE SAFETY OF THIS REGION AGAIN.”

@aquapt4

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,064 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 19:42:36 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4

He released a low exhale in the otherwise silent room, Eva-quaza's little mask off moment having left the hairs on the back of his neck standing on end.

Leave it to the exes to up the tension in the room, am I right? Haaa...

He was beginning to wonder how much control the weather trio's avatars truly had over themselves, let alone their patrons.

He really didn't feel like backtalking Eva while she was... possessed or whatever by the temperamental god of meteor nibblers, but something she had said stuck with him.

He had known he would regret whatever came after this meeting the moment he opened his mouth and the end-rocket vomit came flowing out.

He couldn't even stomach killing a single man, and yet had chosen to be the first one to argue for targeting rocket. 10/10 moment on his part, the commissioner must've been wondering if he been talking out of his ass last time they met almost 3 months prior.

But— sticking to his gutless guns and deciding to be a pacifist in a war room wouldn't solve any problems.

Rocket was never going to leave on its own. The attack on Sootopolis was never a matter of 'if'— only when.

"Hoooh..." He breathed out, smoothing the hairs still standing on end on his forearms. "W'all who feel the same as doctor Morales are justified in doing so. Innocents may— will die if we take action. They will die if we don't."

He breathed out slowly.

"But having those feelings don't absolve us from responsibility. Contracts or not." He said. "S'I sees it... if we see the decisions made here through, we share the responsibility. 'Just following orders' don't cut it."

They could speak up. Walk out. Refuse to follow the orders, risk something, risk everything

If it truly was something they stood against, surely it would be worth the punishment.

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,186 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 20:30:57 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

they squabble over each other like children and freya is once again shocked that matias' words resonate with her the most. but she has to believe he's postulating about damage control. his state of mind is made up of ever-shifting fractals and she knows what sort of man he is on the battlefield. 

how the war cries and spilled blood sing to him. 

it's 's words that finally make her falter. she drags a tired hand over her face and sighs. 's voice takes on a rough quality and freya looks at her out of the corner of her eye - concern, admiration, pride, all of it there and gone in a flicker. 

"we must be tactical. calculated. we must know restraint. our ethics, laws, morals - these are ideals meant to set us apart from rocket. plans will go awry. hard decisions will be made. we know this."

she grits her teeth. "but we cannot resort to razing the entire city. resources aside, sootopolis is an epicenter of hoenn's cultural significance. those bluffs are centuries old; the cave of origin is inextricably tied to kyogre and groudon. we destroy this, we lose answers."

she looks to . "you fear giving them legitimacy over sootopolis when they already have it. it's no secret kanto is rocket-controlled. the league failed sootopolis once before. its people know that. if there is even a chance we can work our negotiations, we can put more time and effort into other areas that require our attention - like the distortions, like the dark triad."

her brows furrow. "and if they do not parlay, we follow through with our threats."
AQUA ASSEMBLY
✦ letting a bit of her personal bias get in the way; abhors the idea of razing sootopolis

✦ pushes again for negotiation tactics as a first step before the planned disaster
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 21:27:38 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]

Did Eva need a cough drop?

"People such as , me and , we're weapons. No need to pretend otherwise - or talk of peace." Everyone present seemed eager enough to puppeteer them like pieces in a chess board anyway. Arceus, she could use a strong drink right about n-

Fuck it.

Skyler takes a swig from her flask and kicks back, balancing precariously on her chair as she glances at the rest of the weather trio avatars. 

"Parlay with Rocket if that gives us any advantage. A flash of disdain flashes over her eyes at the thought. "But you might as well point us in the direction where we can be most useful."  

Most destructive. Most calamitous. 

The thing about a living weapon is that, of course, it'll turn against you if you misuse it enough. Skyler had never pretended at civility, and sees no point in starting now. Enough opinions had been made shipwrecks against the shore of her indifference.

's stance on out-of-control avatars being one of them. 

"If you're amenable to trying out a mobile power spot, Nautica can help. We're already patrolling the waters."

was right - it hadn't been a no and Skyler has no shame in latching onto that. 

- the weather trio are destructive, use that in whatever strategy you're concocting 
- parlay with rocket, but don't expect anything out of it
- freya sucks, boo
- power spot on a ship? yes/yes?

[newclass=.skyler] [/newclass][newclass=.skyler b] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler i] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler a] text-transform:uppercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-three
july 26
alto mare, johto
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
6’2 hair down, 6’4 hair up height
6’2 hair down, 6’4 hair up height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,860 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 23:50:25 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He looked over at , wondering why he had to bust out his paperweight strange space rock and just his alone.

“I’m sure asides from my rock,” he began in ’s direction, “you can also have the other scientists examine ’s space rock as well. Faster if you have more samples to examine with, wouldn’t you say? Rather than have just one team focusing all their attention on one rock—more heads thinking, faster we can all make use of this down the road.”

He then pursed his lips into the same thin, quiet line—he was used to being burned by most around him. however, when spoke up, he couldn’t help but give the other a rare, fleeting smile—one the other would know was genuine enough not to be one of the ‘faked’ ones he would use all the time.

His look alone towards his best friend was more than enough while he processed the information that was being laid out in front of them to best gauge the next plan of attack.

“Should we succeed in taking the city back, though,” he said once most everyone had given their input, “…wouldn’t that leave Team Rocket open to take another in its place? Won’t that lock us into the same cycle of sieging, and recapturing, whatever city falls next?”

First it was Slateport, now it was Sootopolis. He didn’t even want to think about the potential fallout should the City in the Crater be razed—after all, even though he wanted to deny it to his dying day, the place was still home for him, at some point.

“We have to end this between them, once and for all. However, should there be a way to take the city back without it looking extremely suspicious that the Legendary Pokémon on our side are the ones behind it and it looks planned, then I’m all ears for that.”

No matter how flawed it would be, a plan was still a plan, at least.

mentions that there’s more than just one ‘space rock’ that the science team can examine + work smart, not hard since there are 2 rocks, why not have more teams look into the phenomenon so that the turnaround time is quicker in general
• he doesn’t want to be the red herring in all of this, however he does bring up a point mentioning that should they get Sootopolis back, won’t another city fall in exchange?
it’s time to cut off the Hydra’s heads once and for all, so edgewise he’s agreeing that the city has to be taken back
• provides his sort-of agreement with the ‘natural disasters’ shaking the city option as opposed to an outright raid because wouldn’t a direct ‘attack’ on the city by League cause uprest for the civilian population still residing in there?

@tags up there as mentioned

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 0:22:50 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelotag"]
[attr="class","angelomain"]“Then while we use the tunnels to invade Sootopolis from the inside, we station League forces around the island perimeter. That way if any of 'em tries to escape or backup tries to get in through the water routes, we can cut them off.” He responds to 's concern.

Back and forth the provided pen weaves between his fingertips, much like how the conversation swings endlessly back and forth. 

Between the repetitive beats of the background squabbles, Angelo thinks to the calamity that lingers like a dark spot in the horizon. Its shape yet unknown to him.

Could the catalyst be in the rifts? Maybe its beginning was being orchestrated by the DRK triad as they bicker around this very table?

Or there may be a slither of possibility yet, that the incoming storm festers within Sootopolis’s bone white cliffs, biding its time…

losing control of herself is given but a side-eye when returns to proposing her peace talk agenda further.

Negotiations with Team Rocket is a waste of time,” Angelo cuts to the chase, smooth and direct. “Doesn't matter what you offer them, any assets you end up handing over will only be used against us in the future, when they decide they’ve gotten their fill of an alliance.

If they get rid of Team Rocket, then they get rid of not only a thorn in his side but also a potential source of the calamity. Or, at the very least, a group of opportunists who’d only get in the way of finding it.

One less stone to turn in a quarry of hidden, possible threats.

Better to put that time into building a sound strategy for Sootopolis and keep our resources to ourselves. We'll need all we can get to look into the list of other problems we’ve got going on.

flush out the rats and bonk them on the head. disagrees with negotiations with rocket. thinks its a waste of time/impractical use of resources.
[attr="class","angelopoke"]
[newclass=.angelo] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.angelomain] margin: 0 auto;width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass] [newclass=.angelotag a] color:#272727!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.angelotag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelopoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
628 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 1:34:44 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

AQUA INTIATIVE

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1137904132229976094/area_zero_remix_zame.mp3[/player]
[break]
AREA ZERO: Remix ► Pokémon Scarlet & Violet

THE MEETING 'CONCLUDES'

'S NON-RESPONSE TO THE DISCUSSION INVOLVING HIM, ARTICUNO, AND HIS LACK OF TRANSPARENCY HAS BEEN GRAVELY NOTED BY .

"we can afford more time for this operation's planning. utilizing our rangers, nautica's generous assistance, research and intel, we can ensure that this operation is a careful one."[break][break]

The multitude of ideas have already been typed. Like the city's crater, the various approaches and concerns surrounding Sootopolis begin to clarify the shape of the League's future operation. Evacuation routes can be revisited, redrawn by Rangers. Water routes can be surveyed and defended by Nautica. Politics and sciences can investigate deals and dynamax, while disaster is feigned and pulsed, depending on which of the two options Councilman has provided are chosen.[break][break]

"we can offer a negotiation, but with the understanding that it would likely be a symbolic gesture. we should not aim to raze sootopolis no. in the end, if we can strengthen the league's presence within sootopolis, i will be happy."[break][break]

Her gaze falls upon , , and : past residents of that beautiful seabound city silently weeping for its abandoned estate, home and gym.[break][break]

"we already have officers stationed there. regardless, an embassy or consulate will be needed for sootopolis citizens for visas, administrative duties... and emergency situations."[break][break]

Dahlia's fingers hover over to her laptop's trackpad and the cursor swipes off screen. As she looks for the next document, she speaks, still distracted by her searching on the screen:[break][break]

"there are a few other matters i need to discuss with you all, one involving the rad—"

THE MEETING COLLAPSES

SUDDENLY, the entire chamber quakes. There is no time to react. No time to prepare. TERASTAL CRYSTALS erupt from the ground and spike up the walls with violent speed. The bodyguards present within the room are lanced through by these sharp crystals, instantaneously killing them. Their limp bodies hang from glittering peaks.[break][break]

and her roundtable feel their platform tilt and crumble as crystals crawl up its structure like a surging explosion. If your characters are not tossed from the platform by the force of this Trastal eruption, they willingly take the jump off the crumbling platform to the depths of this chamber...[break][break]

Curiously, the fall continues past where the ground should be, much to 's surprise.[break][break]

MEANWHILE, THE TERASTAL CRYSTALS surge throughout the rest of the building. Outside the chamber, crystals narrowly impale and ; however, is walled off from the two by the sudden Terastal formations. The floor gives way underneath him, forcing him into the same dive as the AQUA Initiative members.

NOTE: may participate in the following rounds by fighting alongside the AQUA Initiative if their player would like to. Please select AT LEAST ONE POKEMON to participate with and include their information in AQUA ASSEMBLY PT 4 SIGN-UPS or in their post.[break][break]

and are allowed to make a post in this round as a reaction.

IT TAKES AWHILE FOR EVERYONE TO LAND, but when they do, they are quick to realize that they are within a TERASTAL CAVERN: one of many that have fantastically appeared within Hoenn's earth. Bright crystals provide their own light, casting an eerie bluish glow on cave walls. There is some time to recuperate. Some time to gather their bearings.[break][break]

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1146255723676839966/awoowowo.mp3[/player][break][break]

An echoing cry from within the cave tells them that they are not alone.

OPTIONAL PROMPT

PLEASE BOLD a thought that your character has after they land.

RULES & GUIDELINES

PRELIMINARY RULES

CURRENTLY, this event will have the following rules:[break][break]
[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • there is no posting order; however, be conscientious to some degree of other players' response time. however, preserving momentum should take priority.
  • remember, in-character actions (or lack of actions) will have natural narrative consequences.
  • you can only bring 3 POKEMON.
  • 1 pokemon out at a time.
  • 1 move per pokemon.
  • too long; don't read (tl;dr) notes are required.
  • bold/highlight Pokémon moves/abilities in posts.
  • please only POST ONCE per round.
[break][break]

Please remember, these rules are tentative and subject to change.
[break][break]

DEADLINE

There will be no specified deadline before the next "moderator post". However, try to post within three or so days.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
3,064 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 2:00:52 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

AW SHIT

Here we go again.

The entire chamber quakes, and a revolting sense of dejavu hit him as the years of living in Hoenn he thought half-forgotten came back full force.

People were dead before he could even shout his surprise.

Any hopes of helping the impaled guards had been thrown out the window the moment the platform they were sitting on was upturned with a surge of power, throwing them all off into the deep, dark depths below.

Somehow, he doubted that was part of 's decor.

He doesn't get enough time to feel scared for his life— he feels her familiar presence even before he sees her, Lele's psychic grip wrapping around him.

Though she does not stop his descent just yet, her presence alone was like a soothing balm for his rushing brain, giving him the breathing room to think.

He wouldn't make it back to the guards in time to save them; those that hadn't died immediately would be going into shock right about now... they were a job for to hopefully fix at this point.

So what could he do right now?

'The commissioner!'

Everyone else could be trusted to handle themselves in high stakes situations— but the commissioner was not a field agent.

'Lele!'

He feels his matron react before he's done asking her to. Perhaps feeling the same kinship with as her siblings appeared to, the Tapu was quick to find the commissioner amongst the falling group and grab her, pulling the woman towards herself and her avatar.

"Ya okay, ma'am!?" He asks over the roaring winds.

It takes a while before they land. There's caverns around them that he's not familiar with on any level once they do, but that's not of immediate concern for him. Plenty of others could take care of that. As soon as they land—

'Gotta help everyone!'

"Any o' y'all injured?!"

TL;DR:
-the guards are impaled? guess I'll he—
-Fall to my death*. Not cool.
-Saving cuz she's the only one that ain't street certified.
-bolded thought: Gotta help everyone!
-If anyone landed on their ankle, now's the time for ur quick fix!!!

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing