awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 12:00:16 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The Draconid civilization had existed for many years. The shrine possessed elements of traditional Johtonian architecture, while the submerged statue looked even more ancient in origin. Who's to say that those were the only relics left behind? Old murals had been found in both Granite Cave and Sky Pillar, but not in Meteor Falls. At least not yet...

Andrea's Haxorus diligently scrubbed the dirt and mold off the stone walls of the cave using its tusks. "Keep at it, Mirabelle! You're doing great!" The dragon enthusiast shouted words of encouragement, while illuminating their surroundings with the light coming off her Rotom Phone.

Once that section had been completely cleaned, the girl leaned forward, as if shoving her face in an imaginary camera. "No murals?" They could either keep going at it till they actually found something, or take a break by the shrine. Not wanting to tire her Pokémon out over what could be a worthless cause, she chose the latter.
//Haxorus forgets Slash and learns Draco Meteor

close tab

played by

inmediasres

Eddie
HE/HIM
Thirty-eight
MAY 18th
Cascarrafa
GAY
Military Recruit
Private
the day is beautiful
and so are you
6' 3" height
6' 3" height
i'm the ugliest guy on the lower east side, but i've got wheels and you want to go for a ride.
awards
390 posts
part of
TAG WITH @eddieh
Eduardo Hisakawa
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 15:10:43 GMT
Eduardo Hisakawa Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eddieh"]
[attr="class","eddiehtag"]

@/tag

[attr="class","eddiehmain"]

It had been hell trying to make it to the shrine. Navigating through the falls was perilous, between the craggy walls he had to climb and the rushing currents of water he had to cross. But it was apparently a Hoennian tradition to visit this most hallowed site, and Eddie was eager to learn about a new local custom. So when he finally reached the quaint, weathered shrine guarded by the odd effigy, all he could do was beam with pride. He examined the cord used to ring the bell, and turned to the Lucario standing next to him, [break][break]

“You wanna do the honors, Batou?”[break][break]

He'd brought the Lucario along as something of a bonding exercise, having recently captured the Pokemon near his home. The Lucario, for his part, seemed a little surprised to have been presented with the opportunity. Eyes wide, the lupine Pokemon nodded, and reached a paw out to tug on the cord. The bell rung with a satisfying, clangorous tone, and Eddie slung an arm around his Pokemon's shoulders to pull him into an affectionate hug, [break][break]

“Atta boy! Now ya've got the dragon's blessing!” [break][break]

The Lucario gave a bark of apparent embarrassment, but Eddie didn't pay him much mind. They had survived the trek and made it to their destination. He was confident that the auspicious blessing of the shrine would offer them good luck for the new year, and the new chapter of his life ahead.

notes[break]
Batou the Lucario learns DRAGON HAMMER[break]

[attr="class","eddiehpoke"]

[newclass=.eddieh]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehtag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddieh a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eddiehpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
Fox tails hidden under wedding dresses
awards
571 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 22:50:03 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Another year had passed, and many things had changed since. Their place in the world, their life... And the pokemon that accompanied them as well. Bit by bit, their pokemon were growing both in number, and in strength.

How will their life look, another year from now? Would they be happier, then?

It's hard to say, whether or not they're happier, but... In certain ways, it's becoming more comfortable, here. So perhaps they are?

Here's to another year, then; and the hope that next year will be an improvement, too.
Ryuko the Eevee learns Dragon Hammer
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 7:30:17 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Today, Andrea made another attempt at moving the mysterious Regi statue, this time banking on Tyrantrum's Strong Jaws that were capable of uprooting trees. The way the T-Rex's head was submerged in the lake, while its gigantic hindquarters were sticking out, was kinda comedic.

"Did you grab it?" Andrea asked as the dinosaur pulled its Jurassic noggin out. The fossil Pokémon shook its head in response. All it had gotten was a bunch of water in its mouth. "It's okay, Regina. I know you tried your best." The dragon-hooded girl comforted her reptilian partner.

By this point, it had been firmly established that the effigy could not be moved under any circumstances. Which meant that the powers that be wanted it to remain in this exact spot for reasons that would likely be revealed whenever the time was right.
//Tyrantrum forgets Giga Impact and learns Draco Meteor

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 17:30:10 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

@

[attr="class","frannmain"]

Deep within the vast mountain caves and waterfalls that overtook the western portion of the region, Yuina had heard of a shrine that was meant to be a sort of tradition to those who believed in the power of dragons, and the influence that Draconid had on the early times of Hoenn.[break]
Ever since the holiday party, she had been doing some general reading on the topic, ever the growing historian, since it seemed that the League was trying to give back to the heritage of Hoenn, the society that came long before they all did. Visiting this shrine was supposed to be a sort of pilgrimage to those who could make it through the dangerous waters and vast tunnels. But for those that could make it, and ring the old bell, it was said to bring prosperity, and good tidings for the new year...[break][break]
Anything was worth trying once, right?[break][break]
Taking the time to make the careful journey through the tunnels and across the waters, Yuina finally arrived on Daikenki's back, shivering against the cold of the cave, but the shrine was there, nestled amongst the chilly rocks. She wished for the best tidings that fate might give her, as she reached out and rang the bell, listening to the sound echo and drift through the cave and tunnels, bouncing off of the ancient walls for as long as the sound carried.[break]
Ringing in the new year...

notes[break]
Ayashi forgets STOMP and learns DRAGON HAMMER[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 10:30:14 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
If moving the statue was impossible, perhaps they could gleam something from looking inside it. Dragapult were remarkably adept swimmers, lending to the theory that they used to be aquatic Pokémon in prehistoric times. Upon making it underneath the shrine, Stella's ghostly form merged with the Regi effigy using Phantom Force.

Soon, the fighter jet dragon came back out of the water, meaningfully pointing at a bunch of rocks on the ground. "So the inside's really just made of stone, huh?" Andrea surmised, looking mildly disappointed. Their options were running thin. "Well, it was worth a shot. Let's come back here tomorrow."
//Dragapult forgets Last Resort and learns Draco Meteor
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 12:10:10 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]
@tag

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
SHINOBI MEANS ONE WHO ENDURES

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

My Lord does not know that I make this pilgrimage.[break][break]
He has died once already, this human to whom I have pledged my life. When I peer into his eyes, I know that he will die again before the year is out.[break][break]
If I am to prevent that, I must grow stronger. Within this place is an offering of power. I traverse fast rivers. I skip over stones placed precariously above the water. I cling to stalactites. Swimming in the water beneath me is Grendel’s kin – Dratini. Lounging by the falls sits Smaug’s kin. Bagon and Dratini alike look at me with curiosity and derision. Their eyes speak a wordless rebuke.[break][break]
This is no place for you, shinobi. Their eyes say. This place belongs to dragonkind.[break][break]
There is a legend I have heard my Lord tell, of a little thing. It climbed a waterfall. It swam against the tide. It saw destiny’s course and endeavored to fight. For its indolence, it became a dragon.[break][break]
Perhaps I, too, can be a dragon.[break][break]
Before me stands the bell. I jump up, grab the rope, and I ring that bell. As it hums out across the falls, I say a prayer with no words. Words are not for Pokemon. I pray my feelings reach him.[break][break]
You saw worth in me where others did not. For that, I will fight for you. You see what I do not see in myself. For that, I will become what you see. You swim against the tide. For that, I will swim with you.[break][break]
I feel stronger when the prayer has been said. I give a passing nod of respect to the effigy nearby. I return to the world above. My Lord has not yet noticed my absent in the distant town the humans call Dewford.[break][break]
For just a moment, I feel like a dragon.

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Greninja learns dragon hammer!
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 17:00:14 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
There was more research to be done here. Andrea's approach to the scientific method was rather unorthodox. All field work. No notes. Writing things down was troublesome, so she just memorized everything. She was the living definition of fuck around and find out.

From previous visits, she had concluded that the shrine had some kind of effect on Dragon-type Pokémon, amplifying their draconic spirit. But what about those that channeled the Dragon typing through other means? Could they too possess some form of latent draconic spirit?

"Dragon Memory Install!" The self-proclaimed scientist slotted a small disk into her Silvally's head, activating its RKS System. The creature's tail fin and crest feathers changed into a deep blueish hue. "Now, Kimmy, use Outrage!"

The artificial chimera roared like a true dragon. Bathed in an aura of pure power, it rammed into a large boulder, reducing it to smithereens upon impact. "Yep, that's the power of a dragon alright!" The eccentric trainer nodded to herself, considering this test a success.

The Ultra Beast Killer could change its typing on a whim, so it should have come as no surprise. That ability made it more flexible than other Pokémon capable of learning Dragon-type moves. Who knew what other moves Kimmy could emulate when equipped with the Dragon Memory?
//Silvally forgets X-Scissor and learns Draco Meteor

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 11:40:34 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Out of all Dragon-types, the Duraludon line looked the least like actual dragons. Heck, they hardly looked like reptiles. Some conspiracy theorists believed them to have been created in a lab somewhere. Nonetheless, those walking hunks of metal possessed enough draconic spirit in them to rival pseudo-legendaries.

Andrea's Archaludon (affectionately nicknamed Archie) lumbered behind her, its heavy feet leaving square footprints on the ground. "Here we are!" The dragon-costumed girl said, admiring the old Draconid shrine from a distance. "What do you think, Archie? Beautiful, isn't it?"

Inspired by the abundance of draconic spirit in the area, the Alloy Pokémon let out a booming, excited roar. Its Dragon Cheer roused the many Dratini and Bagon frequenting this place. If that did not prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was a Dragon-type, nothing else would.
//Archaludon forgets Outrage and learns Draco Meteor

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
406 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 15:00:03 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
As luck would have it, he would make the trip to Meteor Falls, riding on the rumors that there was a place deep within these sacred grounds that could grant a wish… or something along those lines.

Either way, fact of the matter was that he was here to check out the rumors, and wanted in on this too! Even if it was just a little ol’ tale stirred up by people who had a certain belief that the place could grant one wish, well…

He was accompanied by his strange new companion, the literal embodiment of living thunder. He knew right from the get-go that keeping them cooped up was a bad idea, and so let them run around as much as possible because holy crap on a cracker, if left alone long enough they could wreck an entire house.

(Sometimes he was glad he didn’t have a permanent place to call home, then and there!)

Either way, the two—Pokémon and human—would find their way down here and walk up to the bell…

And ring it.

To make a wish.

+ @tag
+ zeraora leared dragon hammer, replacing close combat!

[newclass=".iggy b"] color:#e6194e;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".iggy i"] color:#e6194e;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".iggy a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2024 16:20:09 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Hnghh... how do you open this thing?" Andrea struggled to pry a Hisuian Pokéball open. She had recently acquired that priceless piece of history from an antique store, but not even the elderly owner knew how it had gotten there. It was as if it had just appeared one day.

After much trial and error, the archaic ball finally popped open, unleashing a Goodra. Except it was no ordinary Goodra; it too had undergone a mutation that made it resemble its Hisuian ancestors. Its tail had curled up and hardened into a tough shell, granting it the Steel typing.

"What do you think of this shrine, Slushie? Does it unlock any memories from your past life?" The draconic trainer inquisitively asked, observing her Goodra as it tentatively approached the old Draconid temple, its large shell bobbing to and fro.

The Shell Bunker Pokémon did not seem to have any recollection of this place--past lives' or otherwise--but being here filled it with inexplicable joy, making the snail-like dragon bounce up and down. Could this place's vibes remind Slushie of home, whatever 'home' might mean in this context?
//H!Goodra forgets Water Pulse and learns Draco Meteor

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 11:10:10 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
As far as unconventional Dragon-types went, Hydrapple stretched not only the definition of a dragon, but also the definition of a Pokémon. This species that had recently gained popularity in Hoenn was actually seven wyrms burrowed into the same giant, candy-coated apple.

It was the Dugtrio conundrum, except worse. Did the seven of them count as one Pokémon? Did having Hydrapple in one's team violate the six party members rule? How did the apple fit into the equation? Was it the reason for their partial Grass typing?

And the most important question of all: Could those wacky syrpents channel the power of the draconic spirit? Only one way to find out.

"C'mon, Wormy, we're almost there!" Andrea visited the old shrine yet again. Her newly evolved Hydrapple followed close behind, dragging its large ball of candy along. Upon hearing the sound of the bell ringing, all seven syrpents popped their heads out and roared in unison, their Dragon Cheer echoing against the walls of the cave.

"That settles it!" The dragon enthusiast enthusiastically nodded to herself. "You're a real dragon, Wormy, no matter what anyone else says!" Was there anyone who even refuted that? She liked to think that there were some Hydrapple deniers out there. And now she had proven them wrong.
//Hydrapple forgets Double Hit and learns Draco Meteor

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
989 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 1:10:04 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu4"]
[attr="class","star1tsu4"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu4"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu4"]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]The plinking of coins in the donation box. [break][break]

The clang of a bell. [break][break]

The clasping of hands.[break][break]

The dripping of stalactites.[break][break]

Running water deeper in the cave.[break][break]

"Tsutsu. I remember yours, too."[break][break]

Baki opens her eyes.[break][break]

The giant black draconid purrs in supersonic frequencies that make her heart flutter. She can feel the matriach's hot breath on her cheek as they understand each other implicitly, no need for words.[break][break]

'To taste the blood of the poachers who took your kids.' [break][break]

Baki reaches out and runs her hands along her cheek, rubbing the membranes of her sensitive ears. [break][break]

Then, another prayer.[break][break]

"You'll have plenty of chances this year, too, girl."[break][break]

+ drabbles

[attr="class","star3tsu4"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu4"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu4"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
309 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2024 21:31:21 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","roythread"] As tradition calls, Roy returns to the shine but with a new dragon to accompany him. This time, it's an archaludon that contributes to the visit. With every step made, the bridge-like creature squeaked like an old door hinge. While infuriating to some of the visitors that preferred the peace, Roy paid no mind.

"It's 'bout time you start acting like the dragon you are." He motions his pokemon to the bell in front of the two. The archaludon groans with a digital roar and prances towards the bell.

Unlike the other pokemon visiting the shrine, this particular dragon appeared too modern. It seemed more robotic than reptile, but the draconid's intuition went further than appearances. Despite what everyone else thought, this archaludon was a dragon to him.

Once the living bridge reached the sanctuary's interior, it was ready. It was delicate and gentle, which was different from its journey to the bell. Using a post with no fingers, the odd creature pulled on the string and rocked the bell. And like that, the monster embraced its roots. It was more than just a living bridge; it was a dragon.

[attr="class","hgssnote"]Hydrapple learns Draco Meteor!
[attr="class","hgssnotearw"]

[attr="class","roypkmnlist"]

[googlefont=Lato]
[newclass=.roythread]border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 5px; background-color: #2b2b2b; padding: 50px; margin:25px 75px 0px 110px; letter-spacing: .25px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 15px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/vHgHpBo.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom left; font: 12px Lato; letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roythread b]font-weight:bold; color: #32b1e4;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roythread img]width: 100px; height: 100px; border-radius: 3px; margin: 4px 15px 7px 1px; overflow: hidden; padding: 9px; border: solid 1px #aaa; float: left; background: #232323; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypkmnlist]display:flex;justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-top:-25px; margin-left: 35px; opacity: 0.9; filter: grayscale(10%);margin-bottom: -50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hgssnote]text-align:left; border-image-slice: 22 22 22 22; border-image-width: 22px 22px 22px 22px; border-image-outset: 22px 22px 22px 22px; border-image-source: url("https://i.imgur.com/XNXdQk2.png"); border-style: solid; background: #aaa; font: 11px Calibri; letter-spacing:.5px; color: #232323; padding:5px; margin: 10px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hgssnotearw]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/f2hSe9a.gif"); width: 7px; height: 10px; float: right; margin-right:-19px; margin-top: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roythread .vdice-box]background:#272727;[/newclass][newclass=.roythread .vdice-value]color: #32b1e4;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2024 14:10:12 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Paradox Pokémon were shrouded in mystery. What is a paradox? Why is a paradox? Had Roaring Moon manifested from Andrea's cherished memories of Meatloaf and her desire to see her Mega Salamence again? If that were the case, how could there be more than one running around? Did their creation draw from more than one individual's wishes? Could Hoenn's collective unconscious be causing such aberrations to come to life? What if those beings actually existed in one of the multiverse's infinite timelines? Too many questions...

One thing the dragon expert was almost certain of was that it had something to do with the Tera Crystals that had spread throughout the region almost like an infection. Even in Meteor Falls, if one were to dig deep enough, they would surely find a hidden cluster of those glimmering minerals. Perhaps that was why Savage seemed so excited to be there, flying in circles over the pitched roof of the Draconid shrine.

"Does this place make you happy? Me too~!" Andrea giggled, ringing the bell and wishing that every Pokémon in Hoenn--Paradox or otherwise--could find a trainer that loved it and raised it with care. She liked to think she was that kind of trainer in the eyes of her Roaring Moon, even though the prehistoric dragon could be wild and rambunctious at times. Those poor things were not abominations as many people called them. They were just looking for a home.
//Roaring Moon forgets Dragon Dance and learns Draco Meteor