part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 4:03:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

SCHEDULED END: JANUARY 31ST, 11:59PM PST
LIMITED TIME EVENT

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1063956351778308176/dragonden.mp3[/player]
[break]
THEME SONG: 🎼 Dragon's Den: Remastered ► Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver | Zame

METEOR FALLS

DEEP WITHIN METEOR FALLS, an old Draconid shrine rests therein. Some make it a habit to visit in the new year in order to strike an old bell. It is said that ringing in the new year this way can confer joy, luck and good health to trainers and their Pokemon.[break][break]

Similar to the one in Johto's Blackthorn City, whirlpools and cold underground rivers cause traversal to the subterranean shrine difficult, especially as it is surrounded by cave water. Around the shrine, rare Dratini and Bagon can be found among the usual fare of cave-dwelling Pokemon.[break][break]

Lastly, whispers have begun spreading about the shrine's ability to bless Pokemon with ancient knowledge of the Draconids. This year, more than ever, DRACONIC SPIRIT, the mythologized energy of dragons in this world, seems to be in surplus.[break][break]

CURIOUSLY, beneath the shrine and in the cold waters, a REGI EFFIGY rests dormant. Nothing is able to activate it, nor is it able to be removed due to its immense weight and the surging currents. Perhaps, the Regi related to this sculpture is far, far away...

INSTRUCTIONS
DEADLINE

INSTRUCTIONS

THIS LIMITED TIME EVENT will allow ONE OF YOUR CHARACTERS' POKEMON to freely learn the move, DRAGON HAMMER regardless of whether they can or not. However, in order to learn the move, you must heed the following criteria:[break][break]

• Publish an IC post when the time ends in 0 (e.g. 1:00, 2:10, 3:30, 23:00, etc.)
  • [break]
  • ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS can participate.
  • [break]
  • ONLY ONE POKEMON PER CHARACTER can learn the move, DRAGON HAMMER.
  • [break]
  • If you fail to post at the right time, you may try again.
  • [break]

If you wish, you may post in this thread without redeeming the move reward. You may also post in this thread once a day after winning the reward if you wish to post drabbles in this setting.[break][break]

IN CONTRAST TO LAST YEAR, characters are able to teach DRACO METEOR to Pokemon who are naturally able to learn the move. Please heed the following criteria:[break][break]

• Publish an IC post at any time.
  • [break]
  • ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS can participate.
  • [break]
  • There is NO LIMIT to how many Pokemon per character can be taught the move, DRACO METEOR.
  • [break]
  • Only one Pokemon can be taught per IC post.

If are teaching DRAGON HAMMER & DRACO METEOR to the same Pokemon, feel free to use ONE POST to teach them both.

THIS LIMITED TIME EVENT WILL END JANUARY 31ST, 11:59PM PST.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 4:40:41 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Tempest chewed on his nail as he peered at the effigy in the shrine.[break][break]

It was old tradition to come here and ring the bell...[break][break]

Had this always been here? Had he just never noticed it before?[break][break]

Regardless, he snapped a few quick pictures on his phone. Opening up his text thread with , Tempest pushed past the silly memes he and the Admin sent each other. The few pictures were forwarded to him.[break][break]

'u seen this?' was asked after before he tucked his phone away.[break][break]

He still needed to ring the bell.

[attr="class","tag"]@ tag

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 teaching DRAGON HAMMER to Hati the Eevee, replacing Take Down!

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 9:40:32 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea was determined to visit the old shrine again this year, her red Gyarados navigating the familiar currents with relative ease. On their way there, she caught a glimpse of a peculiar statue submerged in the cold lake waters.

"What's this? Could it be a Pokémon?" The eccentric girl muttered to herself. The Draconids had lived in these very grounds thousands of years ago, yet they knew so little about them. At best, they could make guesstimates based on the murals left behind.

Upon reaching the shrine, she jumped off her serpentine mount, and approached the bell with her treasured Fuecoco in tow. "Wanna ring the bell this year, Jalapeño?" The red croc cried excitedly, reaching towards the rope with its small, stubby arms.
//Fuecoco forgets Outrage and learns Dragon Hammer
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

She/Them
15 (Estimated)
April 5th
Route 119/Fortree
???
Wandering Wildchild
Cadet
N/A
Uninterested
87 height
87 height
HABABABABA
awards
558 posts
Ettie DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ettie
Ettie
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 21:50:20 GMT
Ettie Avatar
Another year, another visit to the shrine, it seemed. Ettie wasn't sure what to make of the effigy that sat beneath the waters - besides that none of her more aquatic packmates could get too close to it, let alone move it... But, it was nonetheless a curious sight.

In the moment though, she was focused on making sure her newer packmates, and more or less those who weren't present before, were able to partake in ringing the bell - the pack enjoying the quiet festivites that came with it as one.

And if yet another of Ettie's packmates ended up touched by the draconic spirit that seemed to fill this cave, well... That would make this trip all the more exciting then, right?
Teaching Gard the Appletun Draco Meteor, teaching Mina the Greavard Dragon Hammer
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
989 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 1:00:30 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu4"]
[attr="class","star1tsu4"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu4"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu4"]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]A lotta work to come all the way here just to ring a bell. Seeing how quaint it all was, she couldn't help but give a sheepish smile at how dumb she felt making the trek. [break][break]

Luckily for her, the cave was dark. She'd kill anyone that saw her make a face like that. [break][break]

"Guess Navy and Freya are rubbin' off on me. Or maybe I'm just goin' crazy."[break][break]

She whispers under her breath, and her Salazzle looks up in her direction. [break][break]

"Got anything in mind you wanna pray for, girl?"[break][break]

Baki already knew the answer. There wasn't a doubt in her mind. A wish to burn down that oppressive world and build a new one amid the ashes. [break][break]

How could she forget? [break][break]

They'd both settled on that, back in the old city they came up in.[break][break]

"Got people we care about now. I'll pray for their safety."[break][break]

She rings the bell once and clasps her hands together in prayer. [break][break]

+ Fuji (Salazzle) learns Draco Meteor

[attr="class","star3tsu4"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu4"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu4"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,013 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 2:00:33 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]Year of the dragon
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Aurelie had never made the trek to the Draconid shrine in Meteor Falls before, but this year, it seemed especially fortuitous and advantageous to do so. Besides, it wasn't as if she couldn't use as much health, joy, and good luck as possible, which the shrine was said to bestow on visitors and their Pokemon. Such blessings, even if they were just rumor and tradition, made the chilly, difficult journey seem worthwhile.

She gave the bell a quiet ring and listened respectfully to its resonant, musical tone. Out of the corner of her eye, she couldn't help speculatively eyeing the Bagon and Dratini wandering about, though she had the feeling it'd be disrespectful to actually try catching any of them. Instead, Aurelie turned her gaze to the murals around the shrine and then the effigy beneath it.

I wonder what any of these mean, the redhead muttered aloud to herself, staring fruitlessly at the shrine's worn, ancient features. Maybe if I were as smart and knowledgeable as or , I'd have more of a clue.

Perhaps that was something to pray for in the coming year, along with the safety and well-being of her loved ones, her Pokemon, and her own self. Wisdom and education also seemed like things you could never have enough of, after all. Bowing her head, Aurelie pressed her hands together and whispered a short but heartfelt prayer, wishing for good things in the months to come.

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

Teaching DRAGON HAMMER to SALAMENCE

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 2:20:06 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstempbarnaby"]
[attr="class","body"]

It was 's second time here, in this sacred place. [break][break]

Instead of his beloved Isobel, the AMPHAROS, by his side, this time a curious metal creature joined him. It was a stowaway from his time at that odd island with the buried ruins beneath it. [break][break]

Though the MELTAN was small, Barnaby figured there must be some hidden power within it to have survived below ground for as long as it did — in a place with a REGICE, no less. In fact, noticing the REGI EFFIGY in the cool waters below the shrine, the admin was reaffirmed in his choice of Pokémon.[break][break]

Both he and the Meltan (after a little coaxing) bowed beneath the eaves of the Draconid shrine before ringing the new year's bell.

[break][break]

THE DRAGON'S DEN

[attr="class","credit1"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby"]--accent:#796477;font:13px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby i"]color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby u"]font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby a"]font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;color: #AAAAA6[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstempbarnaby .credit1"]font-size:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
309 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 4:59:17 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","roythread"] He had been here before; years ago. Unlike everyone else, his visits were more than just annual. His grandmother made it more than just tradition. It was a way of life.

With Balmung at his side, Roy navigates both the cave and its shrine by memory. With small Bagon prancing in the distance, he's reminded of how his grandmother would offer feed to the cavern's inhabitants. The shrine's structure and its blood-red exterior was all the same. To Roy, this was a place untouched by time. It was as if his memories had risen from the dead.

"Remember this?"

Balmung affirms with a subtle growl.

Roy reaches out and places his hand on the ancient bell before them. Again, he's reminded of his past by the texture of the metal.

"Me too."

[attr="class","hgssnote"]Charizard learns Dragon Hammer!
[attr="class","hgssnotearw"]

[attr="class","roypkmnlist"]

[googlefont=Lato]
[newclass=.roythread]border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 5px; background-color: #2b2b2b; padding: 50px; margin:25px 75px 0px 110px; letter-spacing: .25px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 15px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/vHgHpBo.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom left; font: 12px Lato; letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roythread b]font-weight:bold; color: #32b1e4;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roythread img]width: 100px; height: 100px; border-radius: 3px; margin: 4px 15px 7px 1px; overflow: hidden; padding: 9px; border: solid 1px #aaa; float: left; background: #232323; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypkmnlist]display:flex;justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-top:-25px; margin-left: 35px; opacity: 0.9; filter: grayscale(10%);margin-bottom: -50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hgssnote]text-align:left; border-image-slice: 22 22 22 22; border-image-width: 22px 22px 22px 22px; border-image-outset: 22px 22px 22px 22px; border-image-source: url("https://i.imgur.com/XNXdQk2.png"); border-style: solid; background: #aaa; font: 11px Calibri; letter-spacing:.5px; color: #232323; padding:5px; margin: 10px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hgssnotearw]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/f2hSe9a.gif"); width: 7px; height: 10px; float: right; margin-right:-19px; margin-top: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roythread .vdice-box]background:#272727;[/newclass][newclass=.roythread .vdice-value]color: #32b1e4;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 10:10:09 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea returned to the Draconid shrine the next day, intent on doing more research on that strange statue. Her Dragonite dove underwater, trying to move the ancient effigy, but the thing just wouldn't budge.

"It's okay, Huggles, you tried your best." The girl comforted her dragon after it came back out. "Let's go ring that bell now."

Since they were here, they might as well, right?
//Dragonite forgets Dragon Rage and learns Draco Meteor

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 5:30:07 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
’s phone beeped with a message from Howard Slayte. Something that normally took several days only took a few minutes.

‘Vaguely. Busy. I’ll check it later. Snap some photos of the shrine as well, it’s a cultural site. Thanks for the heads up.’

The Admin wasn’t a particularly good texter, though he was rapidly improving. Virtual glyphs and texts were nothing compared to the physical ones. With dozens of languages under his belt, learning the language of texting wasn’t particularly hard.

Yet that was a story for another time.

Leather boots clacked against stone. Clack. Clack. Clack. The sound scraped hollowly against the sacred site of the Draconid people. The Galarian walked towards the shrine, before passing it without sparing it so much as a glance. Howard’s visit was not to celebrate the New Year, though he highly respected the tradition.

His visit was a promise, made to . Months ago, he had made the Head Scientist a promise.

Splish. Splash. Splish. Leather boots splashed against freezing water, which quickly turned to ice. Bagons and Dratinis fled from the extreme cold eminating from the figure behind the archaeologist. Regice, a shard of a primordial era, long gone, silently followed the archaeologist.

It was a glorious artifact, representing an era of history.

Howard Slayte loved Regice as an artifact. He tried to love it as a Pokémon. That was the all there was to say.

It's here. Temp was right.” His voice was pleasantly surprised, as if he had expected it to be a joke. Tempest Quinn would not betray Howard’s trust, but he hadn’t accepted that yet. It was hard to accept the word of a married murderer.

He still did, though. Why did he trust Temp? Why did he trust Amor? He should’ve hated them both.

...” The thought was pushed aside for now. His position within Rocket was best left unspoken. He reached for his belt, and took out a Pokeball. Howard threw it. “Alright, let’s get to work.

In a flash of light, a Claydol emerged. Crumble looked at Howard with several of its eyes, and Howard allowed himself a wry smile. This was not just an artifact, but it was a friend. He remembered using its Rapid Spin to clean the dust off fossils.

This would be a broader application.

Rapid Spin.” Crumble span on the water’s surface like a top. Faster and faster, it spun, until the water began to part iin front of the shrine. As soon as the ground below was visible, Howard took a step down, dodging the spinning Claydol. Regice followed.

As soon as the Regice grew close to the parted water, it immediately froze, creating a parted path towards the statue.

Boots clicked against ice and frozen stone. Click. Click. Click. Howard adjusted his hat, and smiled as he approached the statue. Regice floated behind him, yet it began to beep in a shrill tone as it approached the statue.

⠃⠗⠕⠞⠓⠑⠗

Do you recognize this? Excellent! Splendid! Spectacular! This is a major historical discovery! I’ve never seen a statue like this before, but I suppose you’re close enough, Defender of Hoenn?

⠃⠗⠕⠞⠓⠑⠗

I don’t know what that means. Understanding you is harder than I thought. Translating specialized braille into a verbal code isn’t easy! Hundreds of postgrad hours, and it’s still impossible.

Howard sighed and stepped towards the statue with Regice. The Rocket Admin’s outfit was covered in frost. His proximity with the automaton caused his hat and hair to freeze over. He was still getting used to it, but Howard had grown familiar with the artifact known as Regice.

Pokémon. He silently corrected himself. Pokémon.

⠺⠓⠑⠗⠑ ⠁⠗⠑ ⠽⠕⠥

The two touched the statue. Nothing happened. Howard deflated slightly.

What? C’mon! gets a crazy freakout? gets a snail? Where’s the fanfare? I want a crazy artifact to react when I touch it too!” As he complained, Howard felt a slight pull. Regice’s beeps grew frantic as something clicked. A connection that transcended space and time between two distant beings.

Beings that swore to defend Hoenn, long ago.

⠛⠕⠝⠑

Whatever power was within the effigy was gone. To one more experienced in sources of energy and the state of Hoenn and the multiverse, it was as if whatever energy was within the statue now existed in a distant world, in another plane.

To Howard, it made him feel… odd. What was that?

Drip. Drip. Drip. Howard felt frozen water drip down his neck, freezing him to the core. With a yelp, the archaeologist looked up, seeing Regice tower over him. The frozen obelisk stared at the statue like a machine. Yet it dripped water.

Regice!” Howard stammered, taking a step back and forth, struggling between his need to preserve the artifact and his fear of the primordial shard. “You’re melting!

had mentioned this to him, in that laboratory. That Regice was a Pokemon worthy of respect. She had invited him to view it not as a boon from Rocket, but as an entity with feelings. A Pokémon capable of forging connections and bonds. It was one of several defenders, after all.

He had found that impossible to believe. Yet Regice did not melt.

You’re… crying.” Howard’s voice was hoarse as he looked up at the automaton.

It looked down at him. It blinked at him in a language that he did not know.

⠙⠑⠋⠑⠝⠙ ⠓⠕⠍⠑

CRUMBLE IS FORGETTING ANCIENT POWER FOR DRAGON HAMMER

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 9:10:20 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
On the third day of the new year, Andrea found the statue emerged, the surrounding water held at bay by a sturdy ice dam. "That's strange..." Someone or something must have been there before them. But what Pokémon could have frozen the water so efficiently?

"Stay still, Lola." Said the dragon-hooded girl, while sliding down the length of her Alolan Exeggutor's ridiculously long neck, until her feet touched the exposed lakebed. She placed a hand on the Regi effigy. Its surface was still damp. "There's no reaction..."

Noticing that the ice was beginning to melt, she climbed back up. "C'mon, Lola, let's visit the shrine." Hopefully its ceiling would be tall enough for the walking palm tree lest they made a big hole through the roof.
//Exeggutor forgets Dragon Pulse and learns Draco Meteor

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,300 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 1:30:01 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Since Elise had been looking forward to visiting the old Draconid shrine this year, the royal ambassador brought along her Lurantis when they would reach the site of the old shrine. Misaki is happy to look over the decorated shrine which the new year brings a lot of resolutions that the female royal wanted to do. Her position as Galarian Ambassador meant that she’ll have a lot of work to do if she wanted to ensure that Hoenn and Galar will have an alliance together.[break][break]

Clasping her hands in prayer, the Galarian princess makes a silent new years resolution over her future in being Galar’s royal representative and desiring to bring a future where both her country and Hoenn can work together. "Did you want to ring the bell? I won't stop you if you like, Misaki." Elise asks with little smile as the Lurantis goes over to ring the little bell inside the shrine and makes a delighted noise when Misaki hears the chime of the golden bell ring.

@tag [break][break]

NOTES

- Misaki the Lurantis learns Dragon Hammer and forgets X-Scissor!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#D0BDF0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 12:30:20 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The next day, things seemed to have gone back to normal. The mysterious ice had melted. The lake was once again calm. Andrea sat on the edge of the platform where the old shrine rested, rocking her legs back and forth.

As she pensively stared at her distorted reflection on the water, the young woman pondered who the Draconids were and why they had left so many inscrutable ruins behind. Were they trying to warn future generations from beyond the grave about an incoming calamity? Did they know how to stop it?

Her shiny Kommo-o lumbered behind her, pulling the draconic trainer out of her reverie. "Sorry, Kokoro. I got lost in my own thoughts for a moment. Let's ring that bell together!" She said, the dragon's pink scales vibrating with excitement.
//Kommo-o forgets Dragon Tail and learns Draco Meteor

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-six
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Trainer
Civilian
Single
6'01" height
6'01" height
get out of my way
awards
309 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 20:12:57 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","roythread"] Once again, he finds himself back at the shrine. Celebrating the new year is not enough. There are far too many memories tied to this place and its rituals.

This time he's accompanied by his giant snail. Unlike Roy, his Goodra was friendly. She longed to play with the other dragon-type pokemon that considered the shrine home. In a way, Egida was mother-like, even in the ways that she protected her trainer.

"We can rest here."

Usually, Roy didn't talk to his pokemon to this extent. They already understood each other, at least for the most part.

The giant snail watched as a few hatchlings scamper off into the cave before withdrawing into her shell. Her trainer collapsed alongside her and used her shell to support his back. They'd stay here for a while, just to embrace the scenery.

[attr="class","hgssnote"]Goodra learns Draco Meteor!
[attr="class","hgssnotearw"]

[attr="class","roypkmnlist"]

[googlefont=Lato]
[newclass=.roythread]border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 5px; background-color: #2b2b2b; padding: 50px; margin:25px 75px 0px 110px; letter-spacing: .25px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 15px; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/vHgHpBo.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom left; font: 12px Lato; letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roythread b]font-weight:bold; color: #32b1e4;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roythread img]width: 100px; height: 100px; border-radius: 3px; margin: 4px 15px 7px 1px; overflow: hidden; padding: 9px; border: solid 1px #aaa; float: left; background: #232323; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roypkmnlist]display:flex;justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-top:-25px; margin-left: 35px; opacity: 0.9; filter: grayscale(10%);margin-bottom: -50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hgssnote]text-align:left; border-image-slice: 22 22 22 22; border-image-width: 22px 22px 22px 22px; border-image-outset: 22px 22px 22px 22px; border-image-source: url("https://i.imgur.com/XNXdQk2.png"); border-style: solid; background: #aaa; font: 11px Calibri; letter-spacing:.5px; color: #232323; padding:5px; margin: 10px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hgssnotearw]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/f2hSe9a.gif"); width: 7px; height: 10px; float: right; margin-right:-19px; margin-top: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.roythread .vdice-box]background:#272727;[/newclass][newclass=.roythread .vdice-value]color: #32b1e4;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
THE DRAGON'S DEN (2024)
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 12:00:07 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","remy-lb"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-pkmn-2"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannertop"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-w"]
[attr="class","remy-lb-img"]

[attr="class","remy-lb-w-1"]

Despite his excitement, the archaeologist knew this sacred site was no playground. revered this place more than anyone could know. It was why he visited just one month out of the year: to honor the traditions and make his offerings proper to the DRACONIC SPIRIT. It was a great honor and privilege to be able to come here at all.[break][break]

On this, the first of his visits, the royal tosses away any notion of conducting work or taking notes. He navigates the treacherous subterranean caverns upon a canoe, as the DRACONIDS of old once did, before finding shore at the shrine's island. Juvenile DRATINI peer up at him from the waters, brimming with curiosity as he carefully dismounts his canoe before ascending the ancient stone steps.[break][break]

At the entrance to the shrine, he summons his GARGANACL, RAPHAIM, to stand guard. And, once inside, he removes his shoes before unbuckling the green APPLIN strapped to his chest. "You behave while we're here, understand? I won't stand for any tomfoolery, HERSCHEL." He gently warns.[break][break]

With its large yellow eyes, the Applin looks up at him innocently before nodding itself. Afterward, it is set down on the polished shrine floor to roll about freely. Remiel, in the meantime, proceeds to ring the BELL before finding an altar to present his offerings:[break][break]

[break]

Something old: a relic from the DRACONID ZODIAC he'd unearthed last year and shared with HOENN. Something new: fertile ground from the CALCIFET DRACIARY and its blossoming partnership with the LEAGUE. And something returned: a now-defunct DRACONIUM Z-CRYSTAL he'd used to fight for his IDEALS. With these neatly organized on a folded cloth before him, begins to meditate and chant below his breath:[break][break]

DRACONIC SPIRIT protect me.[break][break]

DRAGON SCALE my being.[break][break]

DRAGON FANG my enemies.[break][break]

DRACONIC SPIRIT guide me.[break][break]

I have served, I will be of service.[break][break]

Scorch the path to our IDEAL WORLD,[break][break]

And I will be the one to pave it.
[break]

BLESSINGS OF THE DRAGON'S DEN 🐉[break][break]

HERSCHEL the ✨ APPLIN learned DRACO METEOR![break][break]

RAPHAIM the GARGANACL learned DRAGON HAMMER!
[break]

[attr="class","remy-lb-bannerbottom"]THE DRAGON'S DEN♔

[break][break]

[newclass=.remy-lb]border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;border-radius:5px;padding:24px;width:500px;box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #363636,-2px 2px 0px #363636,2px -2px 0px #363636,-2px -2px 0px #363636;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb b]color:#d49736;letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb i]color:#cecece;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb u]text-decoration: none;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans;letter-spacing: 3px;color: #d5ad40;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn]background-color:#272727;padding:10px 10px 3px 10px;margin:-24px -24px 0px -24px;border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:flex;height: 25px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div]height: 8px;margin: 0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn div:hover]color:#d49736;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2]border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px!important;border:solid 1px #232323;border-bottom:none;padding: 10px 5px 10px 5px;background-color:#2b2b2b!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-pkmn-2 img]margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop]text-align:right;margin:0px -24px 24px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding: 16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannertop div]padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom]text-align:right;margin:24px -24px -25px -24px;border-bottom:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;font:800 20px Poppins;line-height:20px;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom a]font:800 20px Poppins!important;line-height:20px!important;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right, #d49736, #d5ad40);-webkit-background-clip:text!important;-webkit-text-fill-color:transparent!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-bannerbottom div]font:bold 9px Quattrocento Sans;line-height:10px;padding-top:5px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w]display:flex;gap:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img]height:70px;width:70px;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-img img]height:70px;width:70px;filter:grayscale(50%) contrast(80%);border-radius:3px;max-width: none !important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.remy-lb-w-1]font:11.7px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;padding: 10px 25px 10px 15px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]