5,971 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 18:07:57 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh wished he was as fortunate as . The Power Spot had come up right over the Main Sector of the Mauville Racing Grounds. He would have to keep access to the Power Spot tightly controlled. "I'll also see about getting in touch with Mauville's mayor. Mauville's unique, tri-level architecture makes Dynamax an enormous problem. A single stray use of a Dynamax Band could level city blocks and crush people and buildings on the lower levels. If it was up to me, I would pass a law restricting their use outside the Gym grounds." If only it were that simple.

Josh's eyes lit up when brought up a concept stewing in the back of Josh's head. "Thank you for bringing up what won't." He shouldn't have namedropped the Elite Four, but he couldn't help himself; Matias' opinion on Rocket was one of the biggest clashing points between them. While Josh was starting to become more understanding of their interactions, that was one thing he would not budge on. "That's what I've been trying to say for a while now. Rocket as a whole doesn't need to be flattened or carpet-bombed. There are specific people, whether or in leadership or prominent figures within the organization, that need to be brought to justice. Put in particular behind bars for a long time. He's a murderer and a psychopath. And as much as I don't want to, having Dynamax training will let us understand the best weapon we have to combat them. Let me call my scheduler and see if there's a good week in February I can close the Gym for everyone to run Dynamax tests. Including myself if I absolutely have to. We can not only learn how to use them, but learn what their weak points are."

's words stung, but they were very necessary. Health risks or no, Dynamax was here to stay. There was no closing Hoopa's Box once it had been opened. Dynamax's discovery simply could not be undone. Even the dangers of Avatarship echoed in Josh's mind. It didn't change his mind on the subject. Avatar or no, he still wanted to be Raikou's friend. If the only way he could be Raikou's friend was through Avatarship, then so be it. "Of course. During downtime, I will ask any willing Gym Trainers to make use of the Power Spot, in order to get acclimated to it. Once I get the new challenge drafted and revised to my liking, I will submit my request to you, , and the rest of the Council for review."

It was then that brought up the Galar Memory. "I don't remember a lot of my trip, but I do remember I was there. If any of you there want to share. I don't know how much help I can be, but if you need me to help, I can." Though much of the Galar Memory was fleeting by now, he still had things to remember the trip by: his experiences as the Knight of Thunder, his run-ins with Dynamax Pokémon, and, of course, he had the hilt of his Lightning Sword to remember his experiences by. It would never again dance with electricity, but sitting astride the Raikou ride-on stuffie in his office and holding that hilt kept that memory fresh in his mind. The memory of him heroically cleaving through countless Slowpoke and Slowbro with the scary strength of Raikou's Extreme Speed and his own Electro Balls. It was his first taste of true power.

- Josh pledges a week in February to leave Mauville Gym open to Dynamax testing.
- Josh responds to and  , then offers to help in what limited ways he can.

{PC: 4}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Blinky        Jolteon        Good
Clyde         Flareon        Good
Janus         Espeon         Good
Basil         Leafeon        Good
Inky          Glaceon        Good
Pinky         Sylveon**      Good

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 6:44:26 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]
@tag

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
IF YOU WANT BLOOD, YOU GOT IT

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

Josh.” Josh’s name is spoken with a slow, even voice. Navy’s eyes, which have been moving with the conversation, settle on the gym leader. What comes next is a sour cup of wine, best drunk quickly and moved on from.[break][break]
Not here.” Sharper words, quicker. Eyes pivot to , praying that the one warning will suffice. Her fury is far more terrible than his. They return to him, settling there. “We’re trying the best we can to capture Rockets. Problem is, soon as one gets captured, someone else is right there to take up the mantle. Rocket, big R, the org, is like a weed.” And like a weed, it has to be pulled out by the roots. It is a cancer, spreading through Hoenn’s cells.[break][break]
Got no choice but to use Dynamax – the League, I mean. Rocket’s gonna use it. Councilwoman Morningstar’s right there. There’s a question there, that you should all ask yourselves. One I ask myself sometimes.” The eyes sweep across his fellow gym leaders. Each of them is a stellar trainer. Each of them, he has seen, have Pokemon who are paragons of their kind. Loyal, loving, powerful.[break][break]
One day, things are gonna settle down. We’ll all start getting older. For all we know, the, uh,” a momentary pivot towards , who understands scientific terms far better than he ever will, “cell changing that comes with mega evolution could give our Pokemon cancer. Z-Moves force them to move faster than their bodies can handle, could break the muscles down long-term. Terastallization, well, don’t understand any of that one.” And he doesn’t need to, not to win this war.[break][break]
Are you guys comfortable with that? Knowing your Pokemon could suffer all that just so we can win?” Perhaps it would be better to leave it on that note, let them stew. Leave well enough laone. He can’t, not with what’s at stake.[break][break]
Reason I’m not gonna dynamax my Pokemon’s this: I’ve seen where that power comes from. Lived in a world where every bad thing that could come from dynamaxing happened. Eternatus is bad news. It's right next to Dewford through the rift, and shit happens non-stop thanks to Him being there. If you guys need to see what I've seen with your own eyes too, or have compelling evidence, sure. or will be able to make sense of Baki’s notes.

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Chides for the Matias point. He then offers his perspective on Rocket, and dealing with them. Briefly touches on the arms race, ruminates on the long-term effects that mega evo, tera, and z-moves will have on Pokemon. Explains his perspective on dynamax, hopeful that one of the Head Professors can make sense of 's notes.
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,422 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 3:42:16 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
A chill ran through Hideo's spine, hearing talk about the risks of Mega Evolving and Z-moves - let alone allude to the potential side effects of Terastalization. 's mention of Dynamax's proximity to poison only served to intensify that anxiety; he didn't know there were those kinds of risks to using them. The most he knew, they just tired out his Pokemon, so he used them sparingly.

He didn't even consider long-term effects.

Hideo's opinion on Rocket wasn't far off from 's - but Navy cut off any chance the boy had to voice his opinion on that matter.

"...Rocket's gonna use whatever they can to try and take over Hoenn." Hideo's voice was low; it wasn't a comfortable thought, Rocket pushing their Pokemon like that - but he'd dealt with enough Rockets to know there were ones that would let their Pokemon suffer for a small chance at victory. "They're gonna Mega Evolve and use Z-moves and Terastalize and Dynamax all they can…and it's not easy to fight against that kind of stuff without using it ourselves."

"...not unless we got Pokemon strong enough to overcome that kinda stuff on their own power."

He felt his "Ralts" shifting atop his shoulder - finishing up a slice of pizza it was gorging on.

Hideo's learning a lot right now
Voices his concerns - gotta use that stuff if Rocket's gonna use it
Or they need really strong Pokemon
Uxie just wants to eat pizza
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,623 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 15:29:33 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

tsubaki continues to speak out of turn, but freya's tongue-in-cheek look falls away. to most, her expression is unreadable, but to some - like , and perhaps even - there is a glimmer of admiration as she quietly listens to her assistant. 

how long has she been sitting on this because freya hasn't put her on a platform like this before? how much time have they lost because after all of this, she can't look at tsubaki and think you're just like delta?

when she finishes, freya scribbles, circles the message, and nudges the tablet in tsubaki's direction.

conversation sprouts just as quickly and she looks in turn from to . the latter has much to say again, but freya's brow arches at the mention of , and 's quick interception. her gaze catches navy's and she holds her tongue. 

"dynamax pokemon are harder to take down, but they're not subtle, and our gym leaders will have the home field advantage if they try to stage an attack. that is why it's impertinent that we familiarize ourselves with this power.

"rocket is like a weed, but it's one we're pruning with each passing day. the amnesty program incentivizes redemption-seekers to defect. there is no catch-all solution to taking care of rocket, but we can support programs that will weaken them in the long run, and support hoennians we have failed in the past."

she wets her lips. 

"thank you, . i look forward to reading the proposal. , , will you be following suit?"

she leaves out and and , who have already recounted their willingness to acclimate to dynergy.
GYM JAM
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 3:38:33 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He was about to say something to little Josh about the animosity he could pick up from the younger man however Navy beat him to it; he shook his head in the tiniest little motion he could muster before grabbing another slice of pizza for himself.

He could only furrow his brow when Hideo mentioned how Rocket would resort to practically anything to get the upper hand—he would agree quietly to that because it was true.

Hell, who knew if they also had access to the ‘sygna suits’ that had been so popular despite being so expensive.

The frown on his face deepened for a few moments before he had something to say about it.

“Unless there’s actual word from the science department that the Dynamax phenomenon is safe to use, then I’ll have to defer from using it for now. Navy’s got a point about not rushing head-on into something that could potentially kill our own Pokémon in the long run if we overuse it or lean on it too much.”

That was his stance on the matter.

“However. if you need help with people who want to test it out, like if someone else is using Dynamax and you need someone else to test attacks against it and develop strategies on how to use it in a defensive manner then I can help with the… with the testing phase and all that. I can help with testing over at Lilycove should that be the case,” he added as he looked over at the greenette.

• Alex makes his case about using Dynamax himself (he’s in the same camp as Navy)
• however, if there would be tests to check what kind of firepower is needed to contain Dynamax then he can help with the test/s as needed
• pitches in to help with the Lilycove power spot as needed (hi )

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,783 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 4:22:04 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sunboy ciannyday"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","leftcolumn"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","tagnotes"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"]

to 's question, he nods.[break][break]

"of course. we've been advocating strongly for it, and the artificial spot in the weather gym's almost done being built."[break][break]

cian not using DYNAMAX during the vital star tournament had been for unrelated reasons, not to be confused with his lack of support for the gimmick.[break][break]

"i think my...complicated history allows me to say that the solutions we have in place now for rocket work. i know of rockets who turned to the amnesty program and defected, knowing now that there is a chance of a better life for them."[break][break]

he thinks of , and how she had defected with the help of the program.[break][break]

"i think it's important as gym leaders and educators that we continue to provide solutions, and to do so without bias and judgment."[break][break]

the latter of his statement is meant more so for as he recalls their previous interactions.[break][break]

[break]

notes:[break]
. siting next to noah[break]
. agreege w freya re: dynamax[break]
. vouches for the amnesty program[break]
. tries to urge other gym leaders to be less hostile re: rocket

[attr="class","oocnotes"]GYM JAMBOREE

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","dashdash"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".ciannyday"] --accent:#FFB546!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy"]--accent:#FFB546;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .inner"]display:flex;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; transform:rotate(-40deg); transition:2s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 5:45:02 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]GYM JAM

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

GYM LEADERS

[player]https://file.garden/ZaGpjXeHfDeFela_/Battle_Gym_Leader_with_IntroOutro_Pokemon_Scarlet__Violet.mp3[/player]
[break]
GYM LEADER BATTLE - Pokémon Scarlet & Violet

THE MEETING CONTINUES

takes the reigns of the conversation once more, speaking with the council’s authority. Navidson listens, as is his wont, and nods along. When Freya speaks of supporting Hoennians we have failed in the past, approval flashes across his face. This is neither the time nor the place to bring up what he sees as the failings of Ulysses Monroe’s tenure as Pokemon League commissioner, but an older man remembers his younger self’s fury at life in lower Slateport.[break][break]
Perspectives are given. Dynamax is discussed. Gym leaders state where they stand on the latest hot button issue, one among so many facing this battered region. Outside their window, in an arena close by, a crowd’s cheers reach a fever pitch. The Dynamaxed Pikachu seems to have secured an impressive win, and shrinks afterwards. Navidson muses about how what can make the people cheer one day might make them scream in terror the next.[break][break]
But the conversation must move on. They’ve other things to discuss, and can’t be kept from the lists for too long.[break][break]
It should probably go without saying, but it’s nice to hear everyone’s opinions.” Pride seeps into his voice. There was a time where he didn’t think much of Hoenn’s gym circuit. Looking across the table, he sees capable defenders of the region.[break][break]
I noticed plenty of you were there during the…” He struggles to think of a proper, official sounding term for the battle in the Silent Icelands, a swarm of paradox pokemon emerging, and ’s ascension to avatarship. “…Kyurem thing.”[break][break]
There’s been plenty of battles like that before, and there’ll be plenty more. It’s our job to help out when stuff like that happens, if we can.” Again, he looks across the table, settling on no one in particular.[break][break]
Whether it’s against Rocket or whatever god’s decided it wants to square up that day. Been thinking, there’s always plenty of civilian volunteers wanting to help out. Me, personally, I think it’d be a good idea to establish protocol where the gym leaders lead those civilians, make sure they don’t run around the battlefield like Torchic with their heads cut off.” He’d been one of those Torchic, back when Dewford was first attacked.[break][break]
But that’s just my opinion. What do you guys think a gym leader’s job should be in a region-wise crisis? Like what happened with Kyurem, or when pretty much everyone got into a skirmish at the Ancient Tomb?

note: In between 'mod' posts, will make regular posts with his normal template as time permits. Still try and direct questions and answers to one another as much as possible.[break][break]

Furthermore, verbalized answers are heavily encouraged. Please try to avoid being silent icly as much as possible.

RULES & GUIDELINES

PRELIMINARY RULES

CURRENTLY, this event will have the following rules:[break][break]
[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • there is no posting order; however, be conscientious to some degree of other players' response time. however, preserving momentum should take priority.
  • remember, in-character actions (or lack of actions) will have natural narrative consequences.
  • 1 pokemon out at a time.
  • 1 move per pokemon.
  • too long; don't read (tl;dr) notes are required.
  • bold/highlight Pokémon moves/abilities in posts.
  • until stated otherwise, you may post multiple times within a single "round".
[break][break]

Please remember, these rules are tentative and subject to change.
[break][break]

DEADLINE

will try make a ‘mod’ post every Thursday or Friday to move the event forward, but there is no official deadline.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,422 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 19:08:51 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
The mention of the amnesty program by both and brought his conversation with to mind - yes, the League had an amnesty program to help rehabilitate Rocket members that wanted to get out, but it still kept those people under a crosshair.

Just how reliable was the system, if they kept such a tight leash on the people within it?

But brought the discussion elsewhere - mainly towards Kyurem's attack.

And questioning what a Gym Leader's duty should be.

Hideo's answer came by quickly.

"I guess our job is to help minimize the damage from the crisis? It could be stuff like helping heal up people or Pokemon that got hurt, or helping with rescue efforts. Or even going in and stopping whatever's causing the crisis. We gotta work together with people, and we especially gotta work together with each other."

His own involvement in the Kyurem attack was initially helping keep people from falling into the ravine. He'd even managed to save at one point. Afterwards, it was helping stymie the flow of feral Paradox Pokemon that were emerging from the ravine.

He'd missed out on a lot of what happened…though he did end up getting a decent summary of what appeared and what people in the League learned.

One detail stood out in his mind very distinctly.

"I, uh, heard a member of the Lake Trio was spotted during Kyurem's attack…"

Seemed beat him to the punch there. But he didn't expect her to out herself so publicly.

The "Ralts" on his shoulder looked down at him, as if waiting for him to do something.

Hideo has some concerns about the Amnesty Program, but doesn't voice them
Hideo's Answer: Gym Leaders have to minimize damage caused by crises through cooperation
Hideo brings up Mesprit showing up during the Kyurem raid
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,623 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 5:19:04 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

freya's gaze darts to ; their years together in the league spare him the worst of her glare, but a look of disapproval is clear on her face. her lips crease and she holds her tongue, finding his acquiescence to training sufficient. 

the only way we held our own in galar was by dynamaxing. one person could make all the difference, at the end of the day. 

the topic shifts. 

addresses the gym leaders themselves and she brushes stray crumbs off of her tablet. her brows crease when he suggests the ludicrous thought of leading civilians in battle, and she scribbles on her notepad, waiting for other gym leaders to speak up before taking the spotlight again.

but then speaks and she raises her chin. "yes, and we were fortunate enough to have palkia bless with avatarship. aqua will look into handling this new information about mesprit."
GYM JAM
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 2:29:23 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","noahjam"]
[attr="class","noah"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"gym leaders gotta lean into their skillset, right?" noah leans forward and his elbow thuds onto the table. every word is weighted by an open palm. "not everyone's a fighter. not everyone's involved in the league's officer academies."[break][break]

his hand swings back. fingers tap against his sternum as he continues:[break][break]

"depending on the situation, i think we're either the first line of defense, or the support for heavy-hitters." he says.[break][break]

he turns to face hideo. "or the ones close enough to get any new deets on the situation."

[attr="class","tag"]
      gym leaders  [break]
      + says gym leaders can lean into their skillsets/depends on situation (first line of defense or support or scouts - linking to mesprit convo).

[break][break][break][break]

[attr="class","symbol"]
          [attr="class,"cp cp-notes"]

[attr="class","milkycred"]
MILKY

[newclass=".noahjam"] --accent:#b04385; --speech:#b04385; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam"] width: 450px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody b"] color:var(--speech); font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody i"] color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody u"] color:var(--speech); font-style:italic; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .top"] border-top:20px 20px 0px 0px; background-color:#2B2B2B; height:50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody"] padding:40px 50px; text-align:justify; font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.2px; color:#eee; background:#222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:5px solid var(--accent); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody img"] height:85px; width:85px; float: left; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter:grayscale(0%); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .tag"] font:11px 'Poppins'; color:rgba(250,250,250,0.5); border-top:1px solid #333; text-align:right; margin-top:30px; padding-top:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .tag a"] font: 10px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:5px; text-transform:uppercase; color:inherit!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .symbol .cp"] font-size:15px; margin-top:-49px; position:absolute; background:#2B2B2B; padding:10px; border:1px solid #333; color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .milkycred"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee; background:#222; padding:2px 10px; position:absolute; top:25px; right:-40px; transform:rotate(90deg); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .milkycred a"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,783 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 6:35:40 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sunboy ciannyday"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","leftcolumn"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","tagnotes"]

[attr="class","tag"]

"i agree."[break][break]

he nods in accordance to what has been said so far. he looks to , , , and then , before settling on the elite four.[break][break]

"but we can't expect every gym leader to respond to situations. it's a balance we have to find, i feel, and i know that when situations like those happen, the instinctual feeling is to want to respond and help. i felt it too, with meteno, with the resurfaced island, and with kyurem."[break][break]

he bumps his shoulder with 's beside him.[break][break]

"like noah said, we play to our strengths, and it's entirely dependant on the situation, but staying in our city and ensuring our civilians remain calm and safe should also be a priority. it's been mine, at least. it's crowd control in a way, i suppose."[break][break]

after a brief moment, he adds:[break][break]

"also stops any backdoor attempts."[break][break]

his gamer speak leaks through but there's no better way to say it.[break][break]

[break]

notes:[break]
. siting next to noah[break]
. agreege w what's said so far[break]
. suggests crowd control within cities

[attr="class","oocnotes"]GYM JAMBOREE

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","dashdash"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".ciannyday"] --accent:#FFB546!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy"]--accent:#FFB546;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .inner"]display:flex;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; transform:rotate(-40deg); transition:2s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,971 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 22:48:37 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's eyes lit up at 's remarks. "This is why you're so good at your job, Noah. You get it," his fist struck the table three times in sync with his last three words. "The stereotypists and naysayers think all we do is be generals of Hoenn's army. That the Gym circuit is about raising an army of soldiers to deal with Rocket or whatever god thinks they can rain on Hoenn's parade. It's far from the truth. There's so much more to this. Noah for Council in 2024, please. There's an open seat that's got your name on it."

"Ultimately, a Gym Leader's top priority in a crisis should be protecting their municipality. As Gym Leaders, we are responsible for keeping our cities safe," the Master of Faster continued, his voice slowly rising in volume without him realizing it. Perhaps he was getting a bit too loud and energetic. "In crises that are more local in nature, that should be something that is up to the individual Leader. Leader is part of the title Gym Leader. Leaders are agile thinkers and should understand the best ways they can help."

He gave the table a moment to respond before he continued. "I like 's idea of there being a protocol for handling civilians who want to lend a hand, but we can't go with a one-size-fits-all approach. Every Gym Leader has their strengths. Front line, supplier, support, intel, whatever it may be. is amazing on the front lines. My fast Pokémon make me very good at deliveries. is wonderful with intel. Any plan we come up with should play to our strengths. For instance, if we need to evacuate a city, I've got dozens of Pokémon that can help with it. You think their saddles are just for show?" he laughed, trying to crack a joke to lower any tension there may have been.

He pounded his fist on the table again, figurative electricity in the air around his face. " , I want to help with those localized situations, too. I was there for Kyurem. But our loyalty should be to our cities first. Once we have made sure our cities are safe, then we can go the extra mile and help with crises outside our direct jurisdiction. It's really important we don't stretch ourselves too thin. Trust me. I've been there."

Had he followed the advice he was abot to give, perhaps Shawn, Nathan, and the others wouldn't have died the day stomped all over the Racing Grounds. "Y'all hire Gym Trainers at your Gyms, right? They're the perfect people to help out when you can't."

{PC: 5}

- Josh addresses 's, 's, and 's remarks.
- Josh stresses how important it is for Gym Leaders to find their specialty, agreeing with what's already been said.
- Josh suggests involving willing Gym Trainers in the process. They have to be strong to be hired to a Gym in the first place. Why not have them help?

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Blinky        Jolteon        Good
Clyde         Flareon        Good
Janus         Espeon         Good
Basil         Leafeon        Good
Inky          Glaceon        Good
Pinky         Sylveon**      Good

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 0:20:05 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","noahjam"]
[attr="class","noah"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

noah leans into cian's shoulder with the fond pressure of affirmation. his smile is full, causing his head to sway.[break][break]

but the smile turns into a grimace. the gym leader raises his hands in protest of a timeline in which he ascended into a councilman's seat.[break][break]

"oh buddy, i don't know about that."[break][break]

for he is the type of gym leader who understands little of the political quilt. the thinness, density and drape. how it hangs over all else, invisibly like a phantom mantine. he's a fighting-type trainer after all.[break][break]

"i think most of us already use gym trainers in that way, man. but more specialized training wouldn't hurt." noah says. "we just gotta be good at delegating, so we can do what cian and hideo said. minimize the damage to our cities. keep things safe."

[attr="class","tag"]
      gym leaders  [break]
      + responds to gym trainers and their usage; reaffirms safety and minimizing damage

[break][break][break][break]

[attr="class","symbol"]
          [attr="class,"cp cp-notes"]

[attr="class","milkycred"]
MILKY

[newclass=".noahjam"] --accent:#b04385; --speech:#b04385; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam"] width: 450px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody b"] color:var(--speech); font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody i"] color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody u"] color:var(--speech); font-style:italic; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .top"] border-top:20px 20px 0px 0px; background-color:#2B2B2B; height:50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody"] padding:40px 50px; text-align:justify; font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.2px; color:#eee; background:#222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:5px solid var(--accent); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody img"] height:85px; width:85px; float: left; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter:grayscale(0%); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .tag"] font:11px 'Poppins'; color:rgba(250,250,250,0.5); border-top:1px solid #333; text-align:right; margin-top:30px; padding-top:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .tag a"] font: 10px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:5px; text-transform:uppercase; color:inherit!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .symbol .cp"] font-size:15px; margin-top:-49px; position:absolute; background:#2B2B2B; padding:10px; border:1px solid #333; color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .milkycred"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee; background:#222; padding:2px 10px; position:absolute; top:25px; right:-40px; transform:rotate(90deg); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .milkycred a"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,422 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 1:04:38 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo quietly listened as the others gave their answers. , , and seemed to have similar answers - that Gym Leaders should do what they do best, and that it would be keeping the towns and cities they were assigned to safe. They were answers Hideo agreed with, the boy nodding along.

Though he couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at his own assigned specialty. Security, maybe, but intel? "Would'a thought mine was education," Hideo said, giving a casual shrug.

Maybe he was better at intel than he knew?

, meanwhile, gave an answer to Hideo's question. One that mainly focused on 's new avatarship, but Hideo couldn't help but notice something about her wording.

She didn't actually name as the person who Mesprit was seen with. Did they not know?

"I see," Hideo said. She was probably safer off if the League didn't know she was the one with Mesprit. It was almost enough for him to remain silent and let the topic drop on its own.

But a small shifting of the "Ralts" on his shoulder had him stick with his initial plan. He'd already resolved himself to doing this; he'd already convinced himself he wasn't getting past the wall he was stuck at if he kept it to himself.

Time to go through with it.

"Having certain Gym Trainers we trust more help out more seems like a pretty straightforward idea. I got a few that I can trust to hold down the fort if I need to go off somewhere. Also got a number of Pokemon that could do the same!"

A single napkin was psychically lifted up, floating towards the "Ralts" atop his shoulder. One whose face was immaculately clean - in spite of the entire pizza it'd devoured over the course of the group's conversation.

"And there's…one Pokemon I've been meaning to talk to you guys about. I think if we're gonna talk about what we're best at, it's best if I put my cards on the table here."

In spite of that immaculate face, the napkin accumulated a small amount of grease as the "Ralts" wiped its mouth off. Keen observers might even notice the napkin clipping into the "Ralts"'s face.

Hideo took in a deep breath, and faced towards Freya; she probably wanted to hear this the most.

"I have a member of the Lake Trio."

The Ralts illusion dispersed, revealing the true form of the Pokemon atop Hideo's shoulder.

"I have Uxie."

Hideo likes the answers he's hearing
Notices no mention of from - suspects the league doesn't know she has Mesprit

Hideo reveals that he has Uxie

(Though Uxie might have spoiled the upcoming reveal by cleaning itself up before dropping the illusion it ate an entire pizza how tf does it weigh less than 1 pound)
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,623 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 6:18:56 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"the only protocol when leading civilians should be a safety protocol, one that includes barring them from entering active warzones," she says churlishly with a cutting gaze towards . "they want to fight? they learn like other league cadets and officers so they're not hazards on the field. we need reliable minds and sound bodies out there; not a gaggle of wannabe hotshots."

like and are saying, but the import of this meeting blooms. claims an order of operations and a muscle in her cheek flicks. noah hints at delegation and she slides smoothly into the point - 

"train a delegate in your stead. if you're summoned to another attack on a large scale like kyurem's, you're expected there."

her patience starts to wear. this was always the worst part for her - the drivel, the chatting around in circles, the talk of action. but she hides it amidst the rest of her sharp demeanor, the hawkish cut of her expression. it's necessary. it's part of the job. 

turns to her after a deep inhale and she tucks her tablet pen down on the table, giving him her full attention. and when the illusion falls to the wayside, confession placed before her, she is silent. 

they don't yet know where is. they have their suspicions, their own convictions, but finding the girl has proven more difficult than they'd like to admit. 

gods in the hands of children. what a horrible world this is.

"how long?" she asks quietly. "how long have you kept this information from the league?"
GYM JAM