awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 18:57:01 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

While he was aware that Sootoplis had been taken, his brows furrowed briefly. Why only now?

And wouldn’t that risk…

He couldn’t help but glare at for a few moments, before turning back to the new issue at hand.

“Since that—Dynamax,” he gestured outside before continuing, “…is already inevitably on the table, we should expect them to use it as well… which is why we should at the very least start preparing on how to handle situations like that should they happen down the road.”

(Not should—will.)

He was also reminded of something else.

“I have a feeling as well, that while most of the League’s attention may be on Sootopolis when we do make our move; they may be moving to claim another location in its place should we succeed in liberating Sootopolis. Just my two cents’ on the matter—cut off one head, two more grow in its place.”

It was inevitable; reclaim one area and another would fall in its place—an endless cycle.

• Dynamax would inevitably be on the table, so best to get started coming up with countermeasures on how to handle it should a situation like that emerge in the proposed attempt to reclaim Sootopolis
• Alex however has his own concerns as well; if the League focus-fires too much on Sootopolis then another city might be claimed in its place

tags

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
987 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 2:58:05 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu4"]
[attr="class","star1tsu4"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu4"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu4"]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]All the congratulations must raise her blood pressure by an appreciable amount. The arbok at the girl's side twitches her tail and slaps it against the floor, irritated by the change in her master's mood brought on by all the positive attention.[break][break]

It's ironic. All this effort trying to be recognized for so long, and when she's put on the spot, everyone giving her this supposed long due recognition, she can't handle it.[break][break]

She lets out a sigh to center herself before Sumire truly gets angry.[break][break]

Then, she focuses on .[break][break]

"... Respectfully, Devlin, if you don't have the resources to use it properly without it lashing out, why do you even have it? Why are you using it in dangerous situations?"[break][break]

Everyone else seems content to just let it slide, but not her. She's seen his Type: Null act out right in the midst of the Deep Sea, right in front of one of Eternatus's cores. Had she been a little less lucky, neither of them would be standing in this room.[break][break]

"I'll collect the resources I can from Freya and send them to you after the meeting. Can get you the stuff that's not market top secret, anyway."[break][break]

There.[break][break]

That was easy, wasn't it?[break][break]

Calm and collected.[break][break]

Her arbok stares straight at Mauville's fastest, a dangerous look in her eye. She doesn't move an inch, focusing on Josh even as everyone else chimes in.[break][break]

Then, the business of Sootopolis crops up.[break][break]

"Rocket will either use civvies as combatants or shields. Maybe both. That's unavoidable. Near everyone who stuck around this long is complicit to some degree, lettin' Rocket stay in the city."[break][break]

Some didn't have the choice to harbor them, but they did have the choice to leave, from what she's heard. Might as well sign your name to every atrocity that came as a result, staying within the city and not doing whatever you can to drive them out.[break][break]

"As far as whatever you're aiming to get your hands on... it's gone. Was gone when the city fell. Unless it can't be taken with, or rigged to blow when they leave, an invasion's gonna be the end of whatever important relics, artifacts, or resources the city's got left. Rocket won't let us call it a win. League will probably be rebuilding the city from scratch. Which means... [break][break]

"We won't be seen as liberators. We'll be knowingly consigning the city to that fate."
[break][break]

She speaks with such weight that it's hard to think she's just some kid. Maybe knowing everyone in the room thinks of her as one of them now has given her a spot of confidence. Or maybe, she knows more than she's letting on...[break][break]

+ Baki chides Josh, promises to get him those documents[break]
+ Baki's critical of the invasion, says it'll make League the bad guys

[attr="class","star3tsu4"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu4"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu4"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 21:00:17 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","noahjam"]
[attr="class","noah"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","textbody"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

As mentioned, the civilians of Sootopolis can be made to move. Forcibly if needed. Yet, those who remain may very well have been swayed over Rocket's side... Noah's head grows heavier with each rally of cognitive dissonance.[break][break]

"then we gotta find a way to make the operation like, the most justified it can be." Noah says. "something that says without the league, sootopolis can't and won't survive."[break][break]

He rubs his face and holds his head.[break][break]

"sootopolis is already pretty much in the middle of nowhere. alone in the sea." Noah says. "if something goes wrong there again, like what happened with necrozma a long time ago, the city's not gonna last without our help."

[attr="class","tag"]
      gym leaders  [break]
      + acknowledges previous discussion internally; noah thinks there needs to be a way to prove that without league intervention, sootopolis won't last.

[break][break][break][break]

[attr="class","symbol"]
          [attr="class,"cp cp-notes"]

[attr="class","milkycred"]
MILKY

[newclass=".noahjam"] --accent:#b04385; --speech:#b04385; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam"] width: 450px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody b"] color:var(--speech); font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody i"] color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody u"] color:var(--speech); font-style:italic; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .top"] border-top:20px 20px 0px 0px; background-color:#2B2B2B; height:50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody"] padding:40px 50px; text-align:justify; font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.2px; color:#eee; background:#222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:5px solid var(--accent); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody img"] height:85px; width:85px; float: left; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter:grayscale(0%); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .tag"] font:11px 'Poppins'; color:rgba(250,250,250,0.5); border-top:1px solid #333; text-align:right; margin-top:30px; padding-top:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .tag a"] font: 10px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:5px; text-transform:uppercase; color:inherit!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .symbol .cp"] font-size:15px; margin-top:-49px; position:absolute; background:#2B2B2B; padding:10px; border:1px solid #333; color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .milkycred"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee; background:#222; padding:2px 10px; position:absolute; top:25px; right:-40px; transform:rotate(90deg); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .milkycred a"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 5:52:12 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]
@tag

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
HERE WE GO AGAIN.

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

Questions of ethics run through his mind. Twirling a pen, one thought replays over and over, a record on repeat. There’s no such thing as a just war. Victors declare their cause righteous and their means just while the vanquished become villains. Heroes have medals pinned to their chest, their old foes rot in their graves.[break][break]
Far as I understand it, the League’s going to tell Rocket we’re coming.” A small pause, all the possibilities of how Rocket would take that – how they could turn the League’s compassion against them. “If we’re lucky, folks will sort themselves out. Leave. Chances are, Baki’s right.” He gives a curt nod in ’s direction.[break][break]
Doubt Rocket will just let everyone leave. Not when it’ll tie our hands. That’s why, when the time comes, I’ll be rescuing civilians, directing them out as best I can. My priority’s always gonna be the people of this region. So long as there’s a chance one person’s there against their will, they come first. League’s got plenty of avatars to square up with Rocket’s. They'll dynamax. We'll beat their giants. We have to.” Another nod, this one at . “I’d welcome some help. Planning and on the field when the day comes.”[break][break]
One final point, more food for thought. A third nod, this time to .[break][break]
You’re right, too. Win or lose, Rocket’s gonna make a grab for more territory after this. What cities do you guys think they’d try and hit?

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Navy decides to be transparent about the League's plan to warn Rocket ahead of time the attack is coming so civilians can evacuate. Says that when the time comes, his priority will be protecting civilians. Asks Mr. Double Agent for help going forward. Thinks raises a great point and asks the other gym leaders where they think Rocket is going to attack.
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,973 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 16:06:45 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
's past experience on the other side of the political divide was perhaps more valuable than any experience the other Gym Leaders could offer. It was inside knowledge that would prove to be worth its weight in gold when planning the Sootopolis raid. "This is one of the primary reasons why scouting is so important," Josh added. "Doesn't even have to be Dragapult specifically. Even stealthy flying Pokémon like Crobat could be utilized to let us observe them. Might even be able to identify one or two of them so we know who to target." Wishful thinking, but it was worth a shot.

Josh shivered at the idea of using Dynamax when brought it up. "Yes, but even so, I would use caution when using it. I have a report from New Mauville. In addition to the Power Spot that formed right in the middle of Mauville proper's town square, there's a second one in New Mauville." It was a grim tale he did not want to bring to light, and he could not mention by name. Thankfully, the Admin himself was not relevant to the report. "I went investigating the Regi Ruins in New Mauville late last month, and discovered there was a Power Spot there. Two wild Toxtricity and my Alolan Ninetales used it. After the Pokémon reverted from Dynamax, they all suffered heart failures. Rime died out there. I know it sounds morbid, but I would recommend against Dynamaxing a Pokémon that's really important to you." Tears flowed from his eyes at the ice-type's sudden loss; the vulpine had served an important role on his Gym squad, as well as his exploration squad. Ninetales were not an easy species to get ahold of, and even then, there was no simply replacing Rime. Mystic had taken the loss incredibly hard.

Josh raised his hands when again scolded him. "...With all due respect, Baki, have you raised one yourself? They're completely different from Pokémon that are more familiar. Ask or what raising one is like. It's not easy, and it takes way more time to raise one than other Pokémon. This is why I asked for resources that the AQUA Initiative can release to Gym Leaders. I want to expedite the process as much as I can so that Aleph can be relied upon. Thank you. And thank you as well, Councilwoman. I look forward to poring through them."

So the invasion would be public? How daring. And yet, how smart it was. It would give those trapped within Rocket the chance to flee. "So that the ones who are truly loyal to Rocket can die for their cause while the ones looking to get out and repent can. I like it." Josh smiled at the Elite Four's proposed role. "Count me in on those rescue ops, too. You know by now, Navy. I'm no fighter. Look what it got me in Dewford," he pointed to the scars of his Bullet Seed wounds. "I've got all these saddle Pokémon for a reason! If you need more of them, my legion of them are at your beck and call."

As for what cities...

"I'm biased, yes, but I think they'll come after Mauville. It's got sea access by Route 118, it's a small territory making it easier to defend, and it's centralized. If Mauville is taken over by Team Rocket, they will be able to cause enormous disruption to supply lines. It's also Hoenn's most densely populated city and arguably the most vulnerable to a Dynamax attack. I've already been working with Captain to shore up the city's defensive weaknesses and come up with a plan of action in the event of a Dynamax attack. Once we have that done, we'll get it submitted to all the Gym Leaders and higher personnel ASAP. Other than that, I could see Pacifidlog as a stepping stone to get closer to the mainland, as well as Lilycove. Slateport's too well fortified, and they'll have a hard time getting to any other cities so far away. I think their goal is to have a presence on the mainland."

{PC: 8}

- Josh responds to , , , and .
- Josh reports the existence of the Authentic Power Spot beneath Mauville and the dangers of using it.
- Josh volunteers for civilian rescue support instead of being on the front lines.
- Josh suggests that Mauville, Lilycove, and Pacifidlog could be targets for a Rocket invasion.

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Blinky        Jolteon        Good
Clyde         Flareon        Good
Janus         Espeon         Good
Basil         Leafeon        Good
Inky          Glaceon        Good
Pinky         Sylveon**      Good

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 18:52:33 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He turned to look at Navy—wait, what? They were going to—

Normally, it would be the opposite way around, however now that things had come to a head, it looked like there was no other choice remaining…

“As for locations? The most probable one I can think of is Mossdeep. Because of the Space Center, and the wealth of information they may have about wormholes, and the potential existence of other realities. Also, proximity to Sootopolis as well.

Who knows what else the eggheads over there are studying; but fact of the matter is, there’s a possibility that blasted pink mist might come leaking out of the place too.”

He paused for a while, considering the… alternative options.

“…Lilycove may be another possible target, remember—they have a submarine, so they’re going to need a place to dock it at, should the League succeed in taking Sootopolis back.”

He then realized that the spread of the so-called ‘power spots’ would pose a problem, because there was… there was literally one outside Fortree’s limits, too.

If Lilycove were to fall, Fortree would be next…

“I don’t know about Slateport, but any place that’s water-adjacent may be a prime target. Any place big enough to house their sub should be on the watch list. If there are any other places where the energy’s naturally occurring, they might target those locations, too.”

And there. There was one of the reasons why he was adamant against using Dynamax in the first place. He turned to look over everyone.

“I’m going with the Healing Corps if there are any deployed. Who’s going to help heal all the injured people while most everyone’s fighting out there?” he added.

(And besides, the Tornadus had a Z-move, but it wasn’t an offensive one; it was a support-themed one to boot.)

He then turned to the greenette.

“D’you want to start practicing with the D-Dynamax after we’re done here? So we can get a hang of how to control things in case we do encounter it. I s-suggest starting the practice—drills, and all that, how we can handle and how much firepower’s needed to take them down as soon as we can.”

• Alex mentions: Mossdeep, Lilycove, maybe Slateport—anywhere that has a port to dock in are potential targets
• (however there’s also the possibility of Rocket going further inland to go after the natural dynamax spots, so there’s that too)
• he also makes it clear that he’s going to be helping with the healing because who will, while most everyone’s fighting out there?
• also makes a suggestion to fellow Birdfather™ if they can start practicing with the Dynamax + tries to get the practice drills going so that if and when the actual thing does happen in battle, they’re ready for it

tags

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 2:30:53 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"] Though he says nothing in turn as well, Lam meets ’s mutinous look evenly. Not angrily, but placidly. A rise and fall of one shoulder. He’ll stand by his previous assertion that they’d be better off to not all tumble into a squall. That wouldn’t do the lot of them any good, no matter how hotheaded or passionate some in the room were.[break][break]

And when makes the announcement that she is to take on his position in the coming months, he gives the young woman an accepting nod. Though a slight lift of his brow indicates curiosity in the choice. It would certainly make future meetings that much rowdier, is she’s always this spirited. Hopefully, at least, she doesn’t think he’s just a nosy pizza guy from here on out.[break][break]

The conversation turns to the next point in agenda, and Lam slips back into his default of quiet observance. Admittedly, though he could chime in on other points, he finds himself lacking on this particular. Having moved to the region after the occupation of Sootopolis had been taken over by Rocket, he knew little of what the city was like, or where the civilians stood.[break][break]

He would supply whatever help was needed, but was content to let those more knowledgeable in the room speak. ’s suggestion of Lilycove as a target didn’t sit well with him, though, much like any other subjected city would be unfavorable to the presiding gym leader. Not wanting to presume what might happen, though, it wasn’t until addressed him, that he gave any audible reply. “Of course, as soon as you’re able, we can get to work shoring up and really working with that resource. Whether we actually utilize it, or figure out how best to address it from a defensive angle. Given how close Lilycove and Fortree are, I wouldn’t be surprised if any attack on one or the other turned into a joint effort.”[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- a pizza hat[break]
- curious to understand a bit better since she’s gonna be joining them[break]
- isn’t too knowledgeable on sooty, so keeps quiet[break]
- agrees to ’s offer to work in wrangling understanding of dynamax, particularly at the lilycove spot, because it and fortree could be jointly taken due to proximity

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#83B130;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,623 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 2:46:49 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

after the rest of the gym leaders have voiced their opinions in turn, with the scratching of her tablet pen on its screen a soft sound in the background to show she's listening, she clears her throat. she brushes some sandwich crumbs off from her spot on the table and packs her things. 

"thank you all," she says. "for your insight. we'll take this into account when we make our plans. in the meantime, stand by for orders. if we intend to evacuate the public beforehand, it will be done with as little warning to rocket as feasibly possible.

"i trust you all to not discuss this operation after you've stepped out of this room."

she resists the urge to look at and nods instead towards
GYM JAM
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 8:21:47 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","noahjam"]
[attr="class","noah"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","textbody"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"lips are sealed, councilwoman."[break][break]

pinched fingers slide across a smile. though much uncertainty awaits them, noah comes away from this assembly with a reinvigorated assurance.[break][break]

around the table are good people. fallible, but good. even noah is not free from blemish or fault (the scales in the border revealed as much). yet, the verdanturf gym leader believes in them all. he has to.[break][break]

to survive.[break][break]

for the league to win.[break][break]

navy's cycling thought runs as an inner circle of this concentric gathering of sundered saints. for in this war, none will be beatified if they lose. even those who actively work against the league within its structures will find no sanctity. no mercy. [break][break]

a morbid thought crosses noah's mind as the meeting concludes. by war's end, whose seats will remain filled and whose seats will lie besmirched in blood?

[attr="class","tag"]
      gym leaders  [break]
      + concluding post!

[break][break][break][break]

[attr="class","symbol"]
          [attr="class,"cp cp-notes"]

[attr="class","milkycred"]
MILKY

[newclass=".noahjam"] --accent:#b04385; --speech:#b04385; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam"] width: 450px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody b"] color:var(--speech); font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody i"] color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody u"] color:var(--speech); font-style:italic; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .top"] border-top:20px 20px 0px 0px; background-color:#2B2B2B; height:50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody"] padding:40px 50px; text-align:justify; font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.2px; color:#eee; background:#222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:5px solid var(--accent); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody img"] height:85px; width:85px; float: left; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter:grayscale(0%); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .tag"] font:11px 'Poppins'; color:rgba(250,250,250,0.5); border-top:1px solid #333; text-align:right; margin-top:30px; padding-top:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .tag a"] font: 10px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:5px; text-transform:uppercase; color:inherit!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .symbol .cp"] font-size:15px; margin-top:-49px; position:absolute; background:#2B2B2B; padding:10px; border:1px solid #333; color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .milkycred"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee; background:#222; padding:2px 10px; position:absolute; top:25px; right:-40px; transform:rotate(90deg); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .milkycred a"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 20:36:36 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]GYM JAM

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

GYM LEADERS

[player]https://file.garden/ZaGpjXeHfDeFela_/Battle_Gym_Leader_with_IntroOutro_Pokemon_Scarlet__Violet.mp3[/player]
[break]
GYM LEADER BATTLE - Pokémon Scarlet & Violet

THE MEETING CONCLUDES

No two gym leaders are exactly alike. They come from all walks of life. Rich and poor, warriors and peacemakers, young and old, each has a different perspective. That is the beauty of the League – its binding strength. Everyone, regardless of where they start, can work their way up. It is an ideal worth fighting for.[break][break]
It is an ideal they will have to fight for. Enemies surround them. They circle, waiting for a moment of weakness. That moment could well spell an eternity of ruination for the people they strive to protect. Battles loom on the horizon. Distant thunderclouds over the city serve as a reminder of dark times ahead.[break][break]
But they will endure. They must endure. This region has been through much. With protectors like the ones gathered here, Navy believes it can weather anything.[break][break]
Guess that just about does it.” Navy says, standing up and returning ’s nod. “Thank you all for coming. Good luck in the tournament. Baki, let’s go get something to eat. I want Takoyaki.”[break][break]
Hmm.” The gym leader’s Urshifu rumbles.[break][break]
We’ll get you some damn honey.” Forgetting the occasion, he smiles at the bear. He supposes there’s one last thing he should say to them all.[break][break]
It’s been an honor, being a gym leader with you guys. If any of you need anything, anything, let me know. We’re in this together.”[break][break]
And on that note, he departs. The curtain closes on Gym Jam. Navy hopes, when next these leaders meet, it will be under less dire circumstances.

note: will archive the thread and distribute rewards at his leisure.

RULES & GUIDELINES

PRELIMINARY RULES

CURRENTLY, this event will have the following rules:[break][break]
[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • there is no posting order; however, be conscientious to some degree of other players' response time. however, preserving momentum should take priority.
  • remember, in-character actions (or lack of actions) will have natural narrative consequences.
  • 1 pokemon out at a time.
  • 1 move per pokemon.
  • too long; don't read (tl;dr) notes are required.
  • bold/highlight Pokémon moves/abilities in posts.
  • until stated otherwise, you may post multiple times within a single "round".
[break][break]

Please remember, these rules are tentative and subject to change.
[break][break]

DEADLINE

We're done.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
987 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2024 23:58:49 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu4"]
[attr="class","star1tsu4"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu4"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu4"]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]Baki eyes , a peculiar look across her face. She almost says something, and then second-guesses herself. [break][break]

No point making more of a fuss here. No point making enemies. [break][break]

Surely she would, saying his attitude - making the region's survival contingent on the League - is exactly why Rocket still gets willing and eager recruits. [break][break]

Instead she leaves the conversation to more capable hands. Those capable of diplomacy. Her boss, then her mentor, in turn. [break][break]

When announces he's hungry, she gets up so fast her chair clatters onto the ground.[break][break]

"Long as you're payin'!"[break][break]

And then, remembering herself, she offers a quick glance 's way. [break][break]

"... With your permission, of course, miss Councilwoman."[break][break]

+ Baki finally, finally holds her tongue

[attr="class","star3tsu4"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu4"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu4"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,784 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2024 5:38:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]GYM JAM

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

GYM LEADERS

[player]https://file.garden/ZaGpjXeHfDeFela_/Battle_Gym_Leader_with_IntroOutro_Pokemon_Scarlet__Violet.mp3[/player]
[break]
GYM LEADER BATTLE - Pokémon Scarlet & Violet

REWARDS

A HUGE THANK YOU TO TEDDIE for organizing and running this event for the gym leaders of Hoenn. For Teddie's extra work with collaborating, planning, and running this event, I will give him 100 BONUS POKEDOLLARS on an account of his choosing.

[img src="https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/SPRITES/premium%20gacha%20sprite.png" title="PREMIUM GACHAPON - TYPE THAT CORRESPONDS WITH YOUR TRAINER'S SPECIALTY" style="border:none;box-shadow:none;"][img src="https://i.ibb.co/5jTDs33/sparkling-dust.png" title="1X SPARKLING DUST" style="border:none;box-shadow:none;"][break][break]

KEYWORDS & PHRASES

alexei's distrust, council, dynamax, gigantamax, gym leader roles, hideo's reveal, vital city tournament (vct), sootopolis city, uxie, tornadus, tsubaki as upcoming dewford gym leader

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]