awards
2,623 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2024 18:18:17 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she turns her head when muses aloud and follows his gaze out the window. a dynamax pikachu devastates its opponent with a sharp snap of thunder. light bleeds fractures and within those cracks is another sky. another battle. 

she turns her phone over and sees the thumbs up to her messages, tucks her own thumb in her mouth to lick a stray piece of tuna, and turns her attention to the door. 

irritation struggles to stay off her face. the vital city tournament is the testing field for dynamax, the next stretch of the arms race against rocket, and their gym leaders are sniveling over the refreshments. 

when walks through the door, she still looks cross, but the curl of her lip flattens at the very least and she welcomes her over with a wave. 
GYM JAM
muses to the self
setting her mood
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2024 21:14:51 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]GYM JAM

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

GYM LEADERS

[player]https://file.garden/ZaGpjXeHfDeFela_/Battle_Gym_Leader_with_IntroOutro_Pokemon_Scarlet__Violet.mp3[/player]
[break]
GYM LEADER BATTLE - Pokémon Scarlet & Violet

THE MEETING BEGINS

The soft sound of Tauros leather on hardwood flooring heralds Gym Leader Navidson’s arrival. Like , he has other responsibilities and titles, but today he sets them aside. As far as he is concerned, everyone in this meeting, sans , speaks as equals.[break][break]
At his side is Shuwen, an Urshifu that knows many of the gym leaders here. The bear’s face is burned, scalded after Walking Wake’s rampage under ’s elite 4 chamber. His face is made of stone. When Navy takes his seat, the legendary fighting Pokemon folds his arms and stands a silent sentinel. Shuwen’s eyes gaze out the window, past the supermassive Pikachu and his thunderbolts. Above them, above everything, dark thunderclouds hover over the city.[break][break]
Glad you could all make it.” He does not bother with any of the food they have fussed over. Hungry as he is, it can wait. “Heard most of you’ve been doing good in the tournament. Sorry I haven’t been able to fight as much as I'd like.” At the end of the day, Navy is just one man. Elite 4, Gym Leader, warrior…he is only afforded the same time in a day as everyone else. The younger man in him wishes he could win the glory of the champion’s laurel. An older man, seasoned by Galar, knows he is needed elsewhere.[break][break]
Got ourselves eight gym leaders again. Good ones, too.” He watched from the sidelines once, taking notes. If he doubted their competency, he would not be afraid to voice it to any of them. “Anyway…let’s get down to business. Don’t wanna keep you guys too long.”[break][break]
His eyes move to and . Tsubaki’s presence is not wholly unexpected, given who she works for. Navy smiles at her before turning his attention to Freya.[break][break]
First thing’s first. Thanks for being here, Freya.” Maybe councilwoman would be more appropriate, but he’s terrible at standing on ceremony. Afterwards, he turns his attention to his fellow gym leaders.[break][break]
Part of a gym leader’s job, as I see it, is making sure their town’s ready, should Rocket or anyone else attack. How ready do your think your towns are? Let’s say Rocket attacked today. You think your towns could hold out until the cavalry got there? What do you think we could be doing better to prepare our towns?” He supposes that’s enough for now. The gym leader leans back and waits to see who will speak up first.

note: In between 'mod' posts, will make regular posts with his normal template as time permits. Still try and direct questions and answers to one another as much as possible.[break][break]

Furthermore, verbalized answers are heavily encouraged. Please try to avoid being silent icly as much as possible.

RULES & GUIDELINES

PRELIMINARY RULES

CURRENTLY, this event will have the following rules:[break][break]
[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • there is no posting order; however, be conscientious to some degree of other players' response time. however, preserving momentum should take priority.
  • remember, in-character actions (or lack of actions) will have natural narrative consequences.
  • 1 pokemon out at a time.
  • 1 move per pokemon.
  • too long; don't read (tl;dr) notes are required.
  • bold/highlight Pokémon moves/abilities in posts.
  • until stated otherwise, you may post multiple times within a single "round".
[break][break]

Please remember, these rules are tentative and subject to change.
[break][break]

DEADLINE

will try make a ‘mod’ post every Thursday or Friday to move the event forward, but there is no official deadline.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,783 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 5:06:44 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sunboy ciannyday"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","leftcolumn"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","tagnotes"]

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","textbody"]

and so GYM JAM begins.[break][break]

the weather gym's leader is the first to respond, doing so after clearing his throat and wiping his grease-covered fingers on a napkin.[break][break]

"rustboro has always been in a strong position should it ever need to defend itself. my predecessor made sure of that. we do struggle with surveillance at times, i'll admit, given how i've been attacked twice at my gym in the past year."[break][break]

and ; the reports of their attack would have been written shortly after each incident, stating how they managed to catch him off guard at the weather gym.[break][break]

"but otherwise, rustboro's good. the artificial power spot will help as well, of course."[break][break]

he winks at , cheeky as he knows the gym leader's stance on the gimmick, before looking at , , and , fellow DYNAMAX advocates.[break][break]

[break]

notes:[break]
. siting next to noah[break]
. says rocket attacked him twice at his gym last year[break]
. says rustboro is a-okay

[attr="class","oocnotes"]GYM JAMBOREE

[attr="class","pkmn"]
[attr="class","dashdash"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".ciannyday"] --accent:#FFB546!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy"]--accent:#FFB546;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy"]width:450px; margin:0px auto; background: #222; border:solid 1px #232323; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius:10px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy b"]font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody i"]font:11px/15px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; height:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .inner"]display:flex;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn"]width:100px; padding:20px 25px 0px 30px; margin-top:10px; margin-right:30px; float:left; border-right:1px solid #1A1A1A;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; transform:rotate(-40deg); transition:2s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn"]margin-bottom:-50px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img"]border-radius:100px; background:#222; border:1px solid #1A1A1A; padding-bottom:7px; height:40px; margin-right:5px; transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .pkmn img:hover"]background-color:var(--accent); transition:0.6s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes"]font:10px/12px 'Poppins'; color:#fff; padding-top:40px; margin-left:0px; padding-bottom:10px; border-bottom:2px solid var(--accent); } .sunboy .leftcolumn .tagnotes a { font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .tagnotes .tag"]font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .sunboy .tagnotes .tag a { font:bold 16px/15px 'Poppins'!important; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .textbody"]font:12px/15px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.3px; color:#bfbfbf; text-align:justify; padding:40px 40px 40px 10px; width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .oocnotes"]text-align:right; margin-right:10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; } .sunboy .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .dashdash"]height:10px; width:70px; float:left; margin-top:30px; margin-right:20px; background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sunboy .bottom"]height:50px; background-color:#272727; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; z-index:5; position:relative; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".sunboy .milkycredit"]font-size:11px; position:absolute; z-index:99; left: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .sunboy .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#3a3a3a!important; } .sunboy .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; font-size:14px; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,972 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2024 6:16:40 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh wasn't the only one that brought food, it seemed; whether planned or not, it seemed like this was going to be a potluck. Leftovers weren't a bad thing; he could take them back to the hotel room. With a good ride Pokémon, he might even be able to heat a slice or two between rounds if he finished one in a sweep. Plus, who could say no to 's macarons and a can of lemonade?

Speaking of the Birdfather, his remarks about the Dynamax phenomenon did not go unnoticed. "Alex, I know you have your reservations about it. I do, too. I'm sure that's one of the reasons and the bigwigs set this meeting up for us: for us to be Gym Leaders and work this out like adults. We're Leaders for a reason: to resolve conflicts." As the bird trainer dashed off to let in the door, returned Josh's reply with one of his own. Josh grabbed a plate full of most of the food varieties brought, except for the tuna sandwiches (the texture, eww) before sitting down next to the Machampion.

"We all know 's got the tournament mostly locked up. Man's got more stamina than a Machamp," he answered. "I just want to be on that podium when it's all said and done. Thanks to... you know, the Eris incident last year, and the fines from it, I've been a bit cash-strapped, only rebuilding my finances recently. If I can keep second place, I'm going to use the prize money to get myself a Dynamax Band. I really don't want to spend the money on it, but..." he trailed off, setting his Raikou stuffie to one side and taking a bite out of his meat-lovers' slice. "I just think there's undocumented health issues with them. Not to you, but to your Pokémon. It's why I want to petition higher-ups to give a grant to Science for research on them. I'm just afraid... something really bad is going to come to Pokémon as a result of this."

Before long, the man of the hour arrived, alongside . Before he could say anything to the Councilwoman, the meeting was starting. "Isn't it expected that we all perform well in the tournament?" Josh half-joked before his tone became more serious. "That's actually something I wanted to bring up to both you and . Don't get me wrong, the racing challenge at Mauville Gym tests the bond between trainer and Pokémon, but how does it help the city prepare for a Rocket invasion? Evacuations, maybe?"

Josh would offer a direct answer to 's question before continuing on. "The number of Gym Trainers at Mauville has been growing a lot. I've recently recruited onto my roster, and he's showing a lot of promse. He might even be my interim Gym Leader if something prevents me from doing my duty. We can handle 'em. Since attacked Mauville Gym in the spring, we haven't been touched. Whatever we're doing, it's working. We've also got one of the fastest response times in Hoenn. Going fast isn't just for show!" Largely, it was, but it had its niche uses the Gym Leader was gonna work hard to sell. It would be wrong to say he wasn't biased, however.

The gears had been turning on the idea for such a challenge ever since the day the Dewford Gym Leader visited him in the hospital. It still had a long way to develop in his mind, plus it needed to be approved by the League. He still wasn't quite sure who in the League was responsible for approving Gym challenges. "I... I am considering the implementation of a more relevant non-traditional challenge at Mauville Racing Grounds. It's war courier training. My injuries at Dewford taught me a lot. Not everyone belongs on the front lines, you know? I tried to play hero, and look where I wound up. I almost died out there. Messengers are just as important as fighters. Maybe even more important. They supply medicine that keep the front lines healthy. More importantly, they can relay war plans in a form that can't be intercepted. Can't wiretap pen and paper, after all. I'm still working on the details, but I wanted to add it as an option to earn my Badge. The racing challenge is far too popular for it to go anywhere. Thoughts?"

- Josh grabs several foods and a lemonade can.
- Josh replies to and .
- Josh expresses his opposition to Dynamax due to health concerns for the Pokémon.
- Josh announces his intention to buy a DYNAMAX BAND with his prize money from Vital City.
- Josh brags Mauville Gym's response time is among the fastest, if not the fastest, in Hoenn.
- Josh pitches the idea of adding war courier training as a non-traditional Gym Challenge.

{WC: 738}
{PC: 2}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Blinky        Jolteon        Good
Clyde         Flareon        Good
Janus         Espeon         Good
Basil         Leafeon        Good
Inky          Glaceon        Good
Pinky         Sylveon**      Good

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 15:40:23 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Once he’d brought Lam into the meeting proper with more pizza, he grabbed another slice of pepperoni for himself; folded it and crammed it into his mouth. Look, he was hungry, okay?

To Noah—or Fernando, it was either one of the two of them, he had a response to what they had to say about the ‘dynamax’ that was going on with the giant Pikachu.

“You can say that, but… but have you also considered that Team Rocket may also have the knowledge to do the exact same thing that we’re showcasing out there right now?” he responded to the hanging question.

“That was what I meant by ‘what if it goes out of control’, it may be more than certain they already know how to use the ‘dynamax’ as much as we do, and will use it against us if we’re not ready to counter them,” he added.

As for being attacked by Rocket, well…

“I know it’s impractical to have constant APBs out for all the publicly-known Rockets, but even then their M.O. changes every time they come out in public and… well, do shit,” he shrugged.

Okay, back to the question!

“So. In case Fortree gets attacked, well… don’t slouch off my staffers at the Sanctuary—they can also hold their own in a Pokémon battle or two.”

He knew that Claire of all things had… well, an interesting past, that only he was aware of.

“Although… there was a time I was attacked by someone from Rocket pretty recently, came in disguise as a challenger to my Gym however I could see through the disguise and recognized who he was.”

There was nothing else to it: he namedropped after that last statement.

“Thankfully, no injuries here on my end. He got away, though.”

Plus, I have a husband partner who will fight through the depths of hell to protect me if ever a single hair on my head gets touched… he continued to himself in the back of his mind, knowing full well that was always there—even though he was the Fortree Ranger Captain.

“As for using ‘dynamax’… can we look further into the long-term effects of using this on Pokémon? It’s impossible that there are no aftereffects from this, and what happens if there’s too much energy for them to take.”

His mind flashbacked to the time in the alternate Galar when he’d managed to pull it off with the Stormbringer, however who knew if there was a side-effect when the same was done in this reality…

• upon his return with Lam in tow, gets back to Noah / Fernando’s quip about Dynamax and makes a reasonable guess that Team Rocket may also know how to use the ‘dynamax’ phenomenon and can turn it against them at any time
• gives his feedback about how Fortree can hold their own in case they come under attack
• namedropped as a Rocket who came by recently to ‘attack’ the Gym
• makes the reasonable suggestion to further investigate ‘dynamax’ and the long-term effects it can have when used repeatedly

@tags up in post!

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
987 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 2:01:44 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu4"]
[attr="class","star1tsu4"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu4"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu4"]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]A creaking door unceremoniously announces Tsubaki's arrival. Casually, Baki strides over to Freya's side and leans against the table she's sitting at, ignoring the inclement mood she seems to be in. There's always a reason for it, and she's learned it's better not to ask.[break][break]

Navy leads the discussion, and Baki crosses her arms, eyes flitting between each of the amassed Gym Leaders in turn and watching them intently. They seem to take turns talking, but she can't help herself. She's got too much to say to be contained by minor things like job description.[break][break]

"Dewford's the only place attacked in the last year. Proved they're ready, even if it was a trial by fire. [break][break]

"But that was before Dynamax."
[break][break]

At first it starts as a remark barely hidden under her breath to Freya, but as people pause to listen to her, she speaks a little more forcefully, making sure everyone in the room can hear her. [break][break]

"The people of Dewford are ready. We've proved that. Able to hold off Rocket, mobilize the town to act like an FOB for fights in the seas nearby."[break][break]

She stops, then immediately shifts into a more adversarial tone.[break][break]

"... Problem is, wildlife's devastated by the fighting. Been working with 's HOME project on my days off, but it's not enough. Granite Cave still hasn't recovered, and it'll take years to get some pokemon species to even think of coming back. Not to mention the injuries. We still get about a half-dozen pokemon every day who don't trust people or civilization at all cause of what we did. [break][break]

"Dynamax is gonna increase that destruction hundreds of times over. If we have it, Rocket will use it too. So will wild pokemon. It'll destroy the environment. You've seen what happens when we didn't have the ability to flatten a whole area with one attack, now imagine hundreds of Granite Caves at once, all in a few seconds, in populated areas."
[break][break]

The amassing thunder of a giant pikachu makes the windows of the room shudder in their panes at that moment, as if to drive her point home.[break][break]

"We gotta protect the only thing we have: our pokemon, and the places they call home. Otherwise, what's the use of fighting over these places if we don't even respect 'em!?"[break][break]

By the time she's done, she standing straight up and her voice is just shy of shouting. She stops herself and her cheeks grow flushed in embarrassment. Turning, she sinks into a folding chair beside Freya, shooting her an apologetic look. [break][break]

A look that says she's sorry for making a scene, but not for what she's said. Her Arbok nuzzles her hand gently.[break][break]

+ Baki sits next to , goes on an environmentalist rant

[attr="class","star3tsu4"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu4"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu4"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 5:21:19 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","noahjam"]
[attr="class","noah"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

navy arrives. his urshifu sports a reminder of the perils of terastallization, a beautiful lacquer that briefly disguise the tensions of dynamax that soon stirs.[break][break]

he approves of 's idea. a why not? noah has been toughening his locals in a similar way.[break][break]

"i've been holding regular training sessions with the people of verdanturf." noah's machamp affirms the fact with a grunt from the entryway. "they're like community days with my gym's pokemon, but they serve a dual purpose."[break][break]

and voice their concerns, the latter standing as tall as the heartbeat leaping out of his chest.[break][break]

he wasn't used to such drama around a table. he wishes he had another tuna sandwich on hand.[break][break]

"i get it the worries, guys." noah says. "i got a power spot that came outta nowhere in verdanturf. it's like hoenn's an oily teenager sprouting pimples all over the place... kinda unavoidable."

[attr="class","tag"]
      gym leaders  [break]
      + approves of josh's idea / answers with community training / replies to concerns saying dynamax is unavoidable.

[break][break][break][break]

[attr="class","symbol"]
          [attr="class,"cp cp-notes"]

[attr="class","milkycred"]
MILKY

[newclass=".noahjam"] --accent:#b04385; --speech:#b04385; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam"] width: 450px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody b"] color:var(--speech); font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody i"] color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody u"] color:var(--speech); font-style:italic; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .top"] border-top:20px 20px 0px 0px; background-color:#2B2B2B; height:50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody"] padding:40px 50px; text-align:justify; font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.2px; color:#eee; background:#222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:5px solid var(--accent); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody img"] height:85px; width:85px; float: left; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter:grayscale(0%); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .tag"] font:11px 'Poppins'; color:rgba(250,250,250,0.5); border-top:1px solid #333; text-align:right; margin-top:30px; padding-top:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .tag a"] font: 10px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:5px; text-transform:uppercase; color:inherit!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .symbol .cp"] font-size:15px; margin-top:-49px; position:absolute; background:#2B2B2B; padding:10px; border:1px solid #333; color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .milkycred"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee; background:#222; padding:2px 10px; position:absolute; top:25px; right:-40px; transform:rotate(90deg); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .milkycred a"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 20:51:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

GYM JAM

GYM LEADER MEGATHREAD

SMALL TALK WITH THE SMALLEST GYM LEADER buys enough time for the rest to gather. a congregation of worry and hesitation sits before a city under siege. for they weigh upon the consequences of a phenomenon they bear witness to.

another pokemon DYNAMAXES in horizon but as hideo mentioned, they are manageable. strong and bulky, yes, but fallible as is any other pokemon. had they feared avatarship and legendaries as much as they do DYNAMAX?

perhaps.

but there had been just as many willing to throw themselves in a volcano for just a taste. now it sits in their hand. manageable. controlled. and they want to turn a blind eye?

slateport has too many people with vested interest to fall so quickly. the consequence of putting hoenn on a global stage.

he turns his back to the skyline, turning to address them, basking in the background of titans fighting.

and it’s people will be ready to utilize and defend against DYNAMAXING, as we have done with MEGA EVOLUTION and Z-MOVES.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

- small chat with
- comments slateport will be fine
- and is ready to fight
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,972 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 22:13:54 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
's point was quite valid; ever since the first time Dewford was a warzone since Josh's tenure, Rocket had a massive leg up on them. Who knew what kind of technology they had by now? How much more did they know about the Dynamax phenomenon than the League's scientists did? "No, , I get it," Josh nodded. "But we need to know more about it first. As much as I don't want to encourage use of the Power Spot at Mauville Racing Grounds, it's there if anyone wants to use it for field tests after hours. Just... try not to destroy any scoreboards or bleachers, okay?" he pleaded. Before long, he would be doing his own field tests there.

The name was one Josh didn't expect to have dropped on him. They were getting to be good friends! Once Marina was done nursing, they were gonna go Sharpedo riding together in Mauville Bay! They had an enjoyable race at the Gym, too! Was he... was he really Rocket? "He's... been to my Gym, too. Thanks for the heads up. I'll need to keep vigilant for him." A high speed Sharpedo ride across the waves could easily turn into a violent and bloody confrontation, especially with both sharks possessing the ability to Mega Evolve.

"This is something I'm actively concerned about," Josh answered. "I know Science hasn't been able to prove anything, but really large Pokémon have started showing up with an alarming frequency in Hoenn ever since the Distortions started coming up." He gestured toward Inky, who was keeping the drinks cool. "Do you know anyone else with a Giaceon that big? Think about the kind of stress Dynamax would put on a body like that. , see if you can ask Science about expanding Dynamax tests to Pokémon that are both extremely large and extremely small for their kind. I have a bad feeling about all this."

He turned toward . "That's another danger. I haven't checked population reports recently, but when I took over as Gym Leader, Mauville was the most densely populated city in Hoenn. It's like three cities built on top of one another. If a Dynamax Pokémon were to attack, only the people on the roof level would even be able to see it coming. What about all the people on the street level and the skyway level?" Not to mention the economic impacts. While Mauville wasn't as large of a city as Lilycove or Slateport, its residents were wealthy. They funded the Pyroar's share of the League with taxes paid on their millions.

At last, someone besides who agreed with him! He could count on his good friend, , to back him up. "Awesome! I still have to run it by the bigwigs, but I'll cook something up. And I'd love one of you to help test it for me. when I get it up and running. Preferably you, Navy. You have so much war experience that you'd be able to tell if the challenge was effective." Not to mention, it was the newly-christened Elite Four's idea to begin with.

The Terastal phenomenon was met with some level of opposition, and it turned out to be perfectly safe when utilized properly. Infinity Energy and Z-Energy, too. Sure, riding a galloping Zeraora at supersonic speed was dangerous, but with a close enough bond, it was something he could do. Something he was well-known for doing by now. "I'm not saying Dynergy can't be used safely and responsibly. There are just too many unknowns right now. Once the tournament's over, I'll even schedule a day or two to close the Gym up so we can run field tests for any Gym Leader who doesn't have a Power Spot nearby, or the space for one, to make judgment calls for themselves."

- Josh offers Mauville Racing Grounds as a Dynamax field testing site for other Gym Leaders.
- Josh gasps at 's namedrop of .
- Josh continues to expresses his opposition to Dynamax, agreeing wholeheartedly with .
- Josh invites to help test his new Gym Challenge when it's made.
- Josh pitches the idea of adding war courier training as a non-traditional Gym Challenge.

{WC: 640}
{PC: 3}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Blinky        Jolteon        Good
Clyde         Flareon        Good
Janus         Espeon         Good
Basil         Leafeon        Good
Inky          Glaceon        Good
Pinky         Sylveon**      Good

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,204 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2024 23:18:12 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]
@tag

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
IF YOU WANT BLOOD, YOU GOT IT

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

From the moment he could talk, he was ordered to listen. That old skill proves useful. His gray eyes follow the conversation. Shuwen is just as quiet, his stoic expression a mirror of Navy’s.[break][break]
So much to unpack. So much to say. So little time.[break][break]
speaks for Dewford. That coaxes a smile from both the Urshifu and the gym leader. Even if she’s moved away, she still loves the place. Its people love her, too. They do not care for her past. They welcome her. He hopes the rest of Hoenn will follow suit, for hers is the generation that will rebuild after this long war.[break][break]
Of course, the conversation turns to dynamax. He knew it would. Raving about it like a madman will not make them see Eternatus’s gift for the poison it is. That’s a younger man’s game.[break][break]
Dewford’s lucky a power spot hasn’t popped up. Not a scientist, not gonna speculate on why. Just gonna count my blessing.” He looks to with a dry smile. “I always made a point of popping the pimples. Guess that’s why I turned out as a ugly as I did.”[break][break]
But this isn’t the time for jokes.[break][break]
This is my personal opinion. Think the biggest problems for us are gonna be individual Rockets. Rockets were in Galar, same as us. At least a few are gonna be smart enough to figure out how to make Dyna bands.” A small pause as his eyes sweep the room. Many of them, himself included, have come under attack from individual Rockets.[break][break]
Lots of punks wanting to cause trouble or make a name for themselves. Beasts are gonna be top dogs in Rocket’s new world order. , , , , …throw any one of them into a town with the intent to cause problems, they’re gonna cause a problem. Rocket rewards strength and ambition. This'll be an opportunity for them. Dynamax Pokemon are harder to take down. Not impossible…but how do you guys propose we deal with that, besides telling cops and gym trainers to patrol more?

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Navy says Dewford is lucky. 's answer pleased him. Makes a small joke to before giving his opinion. Shoutouts to several known Rocket non-canons and one Beast Navy doesn't know has been promoted.
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,422 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 1:28:55 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
's arrival was enough to draw Hideo's attention away from the smorgasbord of food that was now present, even as the "Ralts" on his shoulder did its best to down several times its own body weight in pizza.

"Well, Littleroot's been attacked before…but that was before I was a Gym Leader." Heck, it was part of why he became a Gym Leader. "Had a run-in or two with people that might've been Rocket, but otherwise, there's been nothing really overt where I am. My Pokemon've helped make sure of that."

His Pokemon did a lot making sure to cut off any threats before they got too big. Worst he got was getting "jumped" by someone ( , though he didn't ever get a name), and that case, he'd managed to turn into a regular challenge. "Pretty sure we could hold out 'til help arrived. Most of what I've been training people to deal with the ordeals that keep hitting Hoenn, and this is just another ordeal we gotta deal with."

He listened as , , and gave their less-than-stellar experiences with Rocket, and their opinions on Dynamaxing.

"I'm in the same spot as Navy; didn't get any spots for Littleroot, natural or artificial," Hideo added. "And I'm kinda wary about Rocket getting access to Dynamax stuff too…but they're gonna do it whether we want them to or not. Best we can do is make sure we got what we need to fight back against it."

"And as intimidating as they can be, we can fight back, even if we don't got a Dynamax of our own."

His opinion wasn't much different from 's.

Hideo alludes to his own method of using Psychic Pokemon to keep conflicts in check
Mentions his efforts to teach people how to persevere through the chaos that keeps unfolding in Hoenn
Hideo's opinion on Dynamaxing: Scary, but can be beaten.
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,623 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2024 7:21:08 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

condensation slips down her glass of iced coffee. drops of it warble as she lifts it to her lips. the caffeine is barely noticeable, but it helps stave off her growing headache.

when stands, she thinks don't - and says as much with her eyes too, but her expression quickly glazed over as her impassioned assistant speaks out of turn.

more discussion circles the table. she sets her glass down and stands, smoothes out a rumple in her sweater, and waits pointedly for attention.

she quashes the argument with a single flourish.

"dynamax is no longer a matter of if or when, as so aptly put it. thank you, mr faber, for that vivid description. it's here, whether we want it or not. and it is the job of each and every one of you to familiarize yourselves with this power."

she looks to and .

"we are in a perpetual arms race. we don't yet know the long-term effects of terastalization, z-moves, or mega evolution. even the long-term effects of avatarship are largely unknown, but their mortality rate is statistically higher than average." bailey cooper. stormy silph. senri harada. katherine fairburne, as gone as the rest. she clears her throat. her expression does not soften.

"we do not ask you to use these tools lightly. trust that the council and our head professors are doing their due diligence."

she sits back down and folds her hands together.

"the gym circuit is a test of strength and endurance. the champion title is an accolade. it is a sorry state of the region to use the circuit as a precursor for war. not every person who receives your badges should be expected to take up a call to arms, but they should be taught the means to defend themselves.

"or, like suggested, have the opportunity to take a more proactive approach when duty calls."
GYM JAM
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2024 23:17:48 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

An awkward laugh followed ’s realization, and if he’d had a free hand or no hat on his head, Lam probably would’ve been sheepishly pushing a hand through his hair. “Aha, yep. Uhh. It’s me.” A grin pasted itself on his face as he looked at her, attempting not to wince too hard from her evaluating glance.[break][break]
Only for his brows to furrow a beat later. “But, I did…say..” his words trailed before he wrote it off as hopeless. A breath of relief followed as and came to his rescue, ushering him inside along with the assistant. Behind him, his decidueye unceremoniously plunked the bag of drinks down on a table. But the pizza was quickly taken off of his hands by hungry gym leaders and…uh, an exceptionally ravenous ralts.[break][break]
Once he was free of the pizza, a hand rose to return the short wave to . He nudged Artichoke lightly with an elbow and the bird followed him as Lam plopped himself into the other empty space next to the Verdanturf gym leader, blinking owlishly as he hovered near his trainer.[break][break]
Not attempting to grab any food for himself just yet, he sipped from a water bottle he’d already had on his person as he tuned in to catch up on any of the conversation he’d already missed.[break][break]
“There haven’t been any attacks on the premises of the gym here,” Lam piped up when he had the window for it, “but I wouldn’t say that leaves me feeling unprepared for anything that might come. A lot of my flying-types do routine loops around the city to keep scout for anything abnormal going on. I’ve been thinking of incorporating the same measures as and – just to have the bases covered, though I think the people of Lilycove are already a decently strong unit.”[break][break]
For one of the regions larger cities, he should hope so, anyway.[break][break]
He nodded over to , “We’ve looked into the Lilycove powerspot here as well, and I plan to continue familiarizing myself with it. But for now, given how it’s been successfully used for the tournament so far, it seems stable enough.” There was, of course, no telling if that could or would change, though.[break][break]
As the debate over dynamazing rose among parties, Lam quieted down, head tilting to the side lazily as he listened to the points made. For now, he was inclined to observe rather than chime in and add more arguments to the mix. Though he was inclined to agree with the firmer stance raised by . Evidenced in the way he nodded along definitively as she spoke.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- a pizza hat[break]
- he makes it inside![break]
- sits by [break]
- adds that he’s doing routine general surveillance of lilycove and feels prepared to defend it. is considering offering defense training for civs[break]
- quietly agrees with on the inevitability of dynamax, despite the risks

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#83B130;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
987 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 7:17:57 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu4"]
[attr="class","star1tsu4"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu4"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu4"]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]Luckily, looks don't kill.[break][break]

Baki locks eyes with , eyes just as ferocious as the Salamence she loves so dearly. Shifting uneasily in her seat, she looks away just as fast. However alike she and Sumire are, a snake isn't on the same level as a dragon. [break][break]

A glance at Shuwen and soothes her a little, encouraging all her bad habits. She grins back, before realizing she really shouldn't in Freya's presence. Not when she's actively scolding her and the rest of the room.[break][break]

At least it's not solely landing on her shoulders this time... [break][break]

She listens, for once. At least, she tries. [break][break]

It's hard to focus when this meeting will ultimately affect no outcome, only soothe the leader's minds about adopting the power she'd seen multiple times in the Sea, that she'd studied for twenty lost years in a Dream. Quickly, her impatience grows. [break][break]

So long as the Sea is inevitable, they may as well get with the times. [break][break]

They're living in a new world. Eternatus's world. [break][break]

It's a world she knows well.[break][break]

"In... the Deep Sea, on Route 120," [break][break]

She starts, uneasy as she steals another glance at Freya. But she continues anyway, regardless of the woman's likely disapproval. [break][break]

"I dealt with dynamax and dynergy lots, actually. Maybe more than most, with the exception of Navy here. If there's nothing we can do to prevent it from being used, the least we can do is be ready. Pool our knowledge, study it, train using it.[break][break]

"I've got... notes. A metric shit-ton of notes, from that dream-world. Not all of 'em make sense to me now, but I sure remember they did in that dream. About dynergy, dynamax, and... that poison.[break][break]

"Someone wants to help me sort through 'em, decode 'em, we can probably build a manual on the dangers, the proper way to use it, and so on. For our science division, council members, elite four, gym leaders... even officers and rangers."
[break][break]

She assumes the dynabands won't be given to civilians for now, for the region's sake. But that's not her call to make. [break][break]

"That is... if it's not already done."[break][break]

The snake at her side senses her unease. She lays her head in her lap. A finger gently strokes the snake's head, tongue flaring in and out as Baki holds her breath. [break][break]

No chance they take that suggestion. No chance they see her as anything but a nuisance. She's just a kid, and the science division probably have a year's head start on this exact thing.[break][break]

But she's had 19 and change on that, focused on that sole obsession. [break][break]

+ Baki's cowed by Freya's angry look, but not for long thanks to Navy's approval. Chekov's gun: Baki offers to use her 20 year's worth of research on dynergy from Goodbye Galar to help put together a manual on readiness for things, like training with dynamax, since they can't just be rid of it. Knowledge is power, right?

[attr="class","star3tsu4"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu4"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu4"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
GYM JAM
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2024 10:04:02 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","noahjam"]
[attr="class","noah"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

orates with such gravitas. such authority. his hands hover around the table's edge in case he needs to hold onto it. [break][break]

instead, he crosses his arms to steady himself—and to show them off too.[break][break]

after speaks, noah withdraws a hand from beneath his bicep for a discreet fist bump from his lilycove colleague.[break][break]

"i get why you're so worried now." noah says to . "you just know so much. damn, there's just too much stuff to know."

[attr="class","tag"]
      gym leaders  [break]
      + reacts to freya, fist bumps lam, responds to nagato

[break][break][break][break]

[attr="class","symbol"]
          [attr="class,"cp cp-notes"]

[attr="class","milkycred"]
MILKY

[newclass=".noahjam"] --accent:#b04385; --speech:#b04385; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam"] width: 450px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody b"] color:var(--speech); font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody i"] color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody u"] color:var(--speech); font-style:italic; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .top"] border-top:20px 20px 0px 0px; background-color:#2B2B2B; height:50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody"] padding:40px 50px; text-align:justify; font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:0.2px; color:#eee; background:#222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:5px solid var(--accent); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .textbody img"] height:85px; width:85px; float: left; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter:grayscale(0%); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .tag"] font:11px 'Poppins'; color:rgba(250,250,250,0.5); border-top:1px solid #333; text-align:right; margin-top:30px; padding-top:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .tag a"] font: 10px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:5px; text-transform:uppercase; color:inherit!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .symbol .cp"] font-size:15px; margin-top:-49px; position:absolute; background:#2B2B2B; padding:10px; border:1px solid #333; color:var(--speech); [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .milkycred"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee; background:#222; padding:2px 10px; position:absolute; top:25px; right:-40px; transform:rotate(90deg); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:5px; [/newclass] [newclass=".noahjam .milkycred a"] font:10px 'Poppins'!important; color:#eee!important; text-decoration:none; [/newclass]