Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
TALES BENEATH THE DYNA TREE (LEAGUE)
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 1:27:11 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

TBTDT (League Edition)

Truth and Ideals.

It was well past midnight when he arrived at the foot of the Dyna-tree, shoulders sagged with exhaustion as he looked up at the massive trunk for the first time.

Like many others, he had received a directive to meet with the reawakened Calyrex. He couldn't postpone it forever, and the right time never seemed to come, so...

3-a.m.-right-after-night-shift-at-the-hospital visit it was.

"'ello, yer majesty." He greeted tiredly, yawning between his words as his eyes took in Calyrex.

20 or so years had passed since he had last laid eyes on the King of bountiful harvests. It looked almost as sleepy as him.

"So, uh... A story, huh?" He said after a moment of gawking at one another silently, scratching at his cheek. "I ain't much of a storyteller. Got no Aesop's, no hero's journeys..."

He stared at the king with tired, reluctant eyes. The stag's unblinking gaze was unrelenting, however.

"Uurgh." He grunted for his sagging audience of one. "Truth and ideals... Truth and ideals... Oh. Well... I do have something."

He scratched at his cheek, looking around slowly. They were... sort of alone. None of the guards would hear them speak, at any rate.

"It ain't a very interesting story no matter how I think about it." He groaned, arms limp at his sides. "Maybe I can make it more interesting... uh... You old kings like your verses and stuff, yeah?"

He cleared his throat.

When I was marginally younger, I met the woman of my dreams.

She was crazy and clever and so cute it made me want to scream.

I laid out everything I had, subtle as a nails on a blackboard.

And for whatever reason she humored me— dunno, maybe she was bored.

We would play at this silly farce, reality ours to invent.

Rival empress and king, merely a game of pretend.

Made stupid mistakes along the way, damn nearly screwed it all up.

But each time, she would sigh, shrug her shoulders and somehow we'd make up.

Maybe this all sounds normal— nothing to do with ideals or truth— just the silly nonsense that youth all do.

But you see, I've not been forthcoming with you, and I'll confess now —since it's just me and you— that I knew.

I knew... That she was of the enemy.

Of those very same that had burnt down my life while I watched on helplessly.

They who had done me numerous wrongs for reasons I didn't care to understand.

For Whom all I wished to be drawn, quartered and shot dead.

But what? For her, suddenly, I found a wealth of tolerance where there had previously been none?

How else was I to think of myself, but merely as traitorous, lovesick scum?

For this is the danger of 'ideals', from which truth (or love) may set you free.

Some are poison for the mind, others chains without lock and key.

He finished, red faced.

"... Don't tell anyone about this. Ever."

That hadn't been particularly... good rhyming. Rambley and scattered, too...

"I'll just, uh... tell you the rest another time." Maybe. "... Good night, yer majesty."
TL;DR:
-Garbage alert.
[/i]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 14:31:43 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he smiles as he approaches the tree with the calyrex waiting for him. a dip of his head constitutes a greeting, which was cordially returned by the king of bountiful harvests.

"you came at a wrong time, my friend." the emergent takes his seat beside calyrex, using the tree's roots for his roost. "ideals and truths have no place in these lands, but i suppose it is during an era of crisis such as this time when people try cling to them the most. ironic."

"yours is a pure enough reason. i've been wanting to get this out of my chest for a while in any case."

he crosses his legs, an arm resting against his knee as he leans to his side. dried leaves and branches were lit, providing a campfire with a pinch of ash.

warmth breaks through one of the last cold nights of hoenn.

presented with another's death, what do you do? the reality of the matter suggest that there's no going back, but these people go out of their way for their ideals. a false ho-oh becomes their truth as they risk everything for futility.

when otherworlders seek to destroy, the truth has already been set. had it not been for a defender's ideals, a conflicting truth wouldn't have appeared to challenge the end.

on your way to complete a mission, a hindrance stands in your way. your ideals push you to ignore the truth, even if facing the truth had been the right answer. death awaited the boss that failed to distinguish between the two.

this region has a library of stories with opposing themes. time will tell that the line between truths and ideals have long been blurred by desperate struggles and ambitions. if you want my favorite story of them all, let me tell you of my pride and joy:

ideals that he claims are nonexistent, yet his entirety has crowned him the champion of the land. he's a symbolism of hope if we go by tradition, but he doesn't see himself as such.

truths that he constantly creates himself despite the irony of the world's secrets being its foundation. to change the rules without meaning to is the best merit of that value in my terms.

he is the king of the day, one that has the potential to emerge through the darkest of nights and rise a hero befitting a story that you have once asked people to fulfill.

"or perhaps... you aren't the same one? my apologies, but i'm certain you didn't mind me prattling on about something i have come to like regardless."

it's a mannerism he picked up on.

"his story has not concluded yet, so there will be more to tell. the only thing i can assure you is that truths and ideals are mere excuses for these children. it's almost an anarchy with how they simply do what they want."

he stands up as he sees another figure from a distance who wishes to share their own retelling of their personal story to the king of bountiful harvests. the sole of his shoe stomps of the fire, killing embers of his own fire before it turns to a hazard.

"it may be that you prefer to see it on your own instead-- others with similar journeys that defy expectations, though they would never earn my preference. nevertheless, this region is more than what you can expect from it."

he takes a step before dispersing into a cloud of ash, blown away by ever grande's sea breeze.

@tags
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,259 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 1:21:16 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

@--

[attr="class","frannmain"]

Ever since the tree merged at the league center in Evergrande, it was all hands on deck. The event was unprecedented, no one had been prepared, and no one knew exactly what it meant. All representatives from the league, officers, rangers, council, everyone was made aware and made present of its high priority, that the tree and the strange Pokemon that emerged with it must be protected while everything was being investigated.[break][break]
Yuina had only heard swift words, whispers, of what the culmination of all of this meant, everyone kept talking about Galar and the king Calyrex... She wasn't sure what it all meant, how many it affected and what any of this could lead to, but as she was on shift to watch the tree and ensure its safety, the strange Pokemon had requested a story...[break][break]
Tell me a story of Truth...[break][break]
"One day, in a quiet wood, a soft, warm summer breeze woke up a Clefable that was asleep out on the grass. She stirred, and she blinked, her eyes focusing on the swaying leaves and branches of the trees above her, the sound of wind brushing through them. And though the wood was calm, the day pleasant, the Clefable sat up with a start, for she didn't know why she was in the wood. In fact, she didn't remember anything at all..."[break][break]
"The Clefable was lost, without a name, without a memory, without any understanding of what had happened to her, and though for a while she roamed around in this haze, she found solace that came in the form of new friends, a new life. Surely, she could start again, build in this new life, how many chances does someone get to truly start over? To experience things, to experience life for the first time again? It seemed like a golden opportunity..."[break][break]
"But the Clefable knew deep down that something lurked in her shadow, a darkness that had a hold on her, a secret. It clung to her so fervently, no matter how much light came into this new life of hers, the shadow never disappeared. She couldn't recall what this shadow mean, she had no memories of anything before this new life, but the Clefable couldn't help but feel as if the secret lurking in the darkness of her shadow... was herself..."[break][break]
"Her shadow was something dark and sinister, dripping with a suffocating malice that wouldn't let her go, no matter how hard she tried to move on, to live this new life. And the longer she tried to hide from it, to break away from her shadow, the stronger its grip became. Her shadow was consuming, the darkness was growing more powerful. The Clefable knew that it was only a matter of time before it grabbed a hold of her new friends, to drag them into its darkness, threatening to hurt them... But how was she supposed to tell them that they were in danger, when she didn't know the truth?"[break][break]
"The Clefable spent too long trying to run from the truth, trying to pretend it wasn't there hiding in her shadow, a truth that she didn't want to know about herself. But how could she run away from a part of who she was, and maybe who she was always meant to be? Without her truth, her friends were subject to awful dangers, this new life threatened. Though she knew that with that darkness clung to her, none of this was meant to be hers in the first place..."[break][break]
"The truth can set you free... But if your truth is the one thing that could tear apart everything that you know now... is it freedom? Or is it something that you should keep hidden away in your shadow..."

notes[break]
Tales Beneath The Dyna Tree Prompt I[break]

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323;  border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35);  border-top-style: solid;  border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #00aeda; font-size: 11px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 2:31:22 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu4"]
[attr="class","star1tsu4"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu4"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu4"]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]She waits a long time. Once everyone's away, once the sleepy Calyrex is all by his lonesome when the embers of the bonfire grow scarce in the wee hours of the morning, that's when she finally approaches.[break][break]

"Said you weren't a worthy King before."[break][break]

She acknowledges the dream world. She holds no expectation this King actually knows the contents of that dream, or how she acted. He may not even recognize her. That's all fine. This is for her own satisfaction. Everything's for that these days. Can't keep living on someone else's dime, or in someone else's shadow.[break][break]

"Who knows if that's really true, but I wanna take my words back. Been mulling it over. Who am I to dole out judgement like that? Not gonna treat you any different either way."[break][break]

She sits at the foot of the tree. That something so huge could exist in this world is a testament to the powers of dynergy, surely. She knows a bit about that now, but not enough.[break][break]

"Stories... huh?"[break][break]

A small hum, and she bites the tip of her thumb searching for something.[break][break]

"Ever heard of the town rattata and the country rattata?"[break][break]

She waits, as if she's expecting a response from the creature with a teetering crown. But of course, he's so focused on keeping his head up, weighed down by the crown, he barely mutters a "Cro..." in response.[break][break]

"Lemme tell it to ya. [break][break]

"One day, the town rattata decided to visit his cousin out in the countryside. The cousin, he was a bit of a hick. But he was kind. He liked to treat his guests with hospitality. [break][break]

"That night, they feasted on moomoo milk cheeses and poké beans. It was a generous meal, more than they could eat, but the town rattata thought it was kinda plain."
[break][break]

She stops, her tone sounding a little pained. Former urchin, she loathes to see food wasted. [break][break]

"The town rattata goes to his cousin, says, 'How do you put up with this slop? This is what you eat day after day? Really? Come to the city, let me show you a fine meal'.[break][break]

"The cousin was obviously offended, but he was raised right. He knew the town rattata's way of phrasing things was just the way town people spoke. So, politely, he agrees. 'One day soon, I'll visit you, cousin. In the town, where all the food is so great.'[break][break]

"The town rattata, proud, eagerly awaits the look on his cousin's face. And so the day comes, and they go to the city together."
[break][break]

Baki watches the embers in the bonfire, poking at it with a stick and letting them rise into the air. Only once she reinvigorates the flame a little does she continue.[break][break]

"So, the two rattata go to the city. Once there, the town rattata eagerly shows his cousin all the delicacies, like lava cookies, pewter crunchies, and rage candy bars. All things the country rattata had never heard of. [break][break]

"He says, 'Wow, cousin! To think I'd been missing out all this time! Maybe you were right, this is a fine meal! I should like to move to the city one day!'[break][break]

"To which the town rattata responds, 'Of course, of course. But eat quick, I heard mabostiff coming!"[break][break]

The country rattata's ears perk up, and he asks, "Mabostiff?"
[break][break]

A sudden clarity, and Tsubaki's cute voices for the rattata waver slightly as she looks around, to make sure nobody else can hear her. Once she's satisfied, she keeps going in a slightly lower voice.[break][break]

"The town rattata explains, "Yes, cousin. If he catches us, he'll kill us! We should run!' And they scamper away. [break][break]

"Later that night, the country rattata packs his bags, and the town rattata stops him. 'Cousin, why are you leaving? You only just made it to the big city!'[break][break]

"The country rattata responds, 'I'm giving up all those things. I'd rather have moomoo milk cheese and poké beans every night than live in fear of getting mauled!' And so, he leaves.[break][break]

"... Turns out, the city fell shortly after. Saffron never stood a chance. And when the town rattata fled, and sought refuge with his cousin, he too learned to love the taste of moomoo milk cheese and poké beans for a while. But, no matter how much he liked it, he kept dreamin' of rage candy bars. [break][break]

"That's the thing about dreams. People always want more. Once they taste better, they won't settle for slop. They see a better world, they'll strive for it, truth be damned. No matter how long life keeps beatin' 'em down."
[break][break]

She stops, looking over to the King to gauge his take on the tale. All she gets in return is a soft murmur, Calyrex fallen asleep. All this talking late at night, it's like a bedtime story. She smiles in the dark, where nobody can see her.[break][break]

He'll dream, and maybe he'll dream of rattata. Maybe he'll dream of Galar, swallowed by the Sea. [break][break]

Maybe, he'll dream of a better world.[break][break]

+ Prompt 1: Ideals

[attr="class","star3tsu4"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu4"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,095 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 4:59:11 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Calyrex wished to be regaled with the tales of its people. Showered with tales of fire and ice. Tales of truth and ideals. There was only one such tale that came to mind for the Mauville Gym Leader, one tale that fit that bill. It would be a difficult tale to tell: perhaps the most challenging thing Josh had ever done in his life. Even the Champion Assessment paled in comparison to how difficult telling this story would be.

"High King Calyrex..." Josh trailed off. "I am Mauville Gym Leader Josh Devlin. The tale I have to tell you is, admittedly, more of a confession than a tale. But it's something I have to get off my chest. Something that's haunted me for the last year, despite me having done my time and my due diligence with the League. Just a fair warning. I'm probably going to be crying by the end of it. I hope you understand."

With that, the Gym Leader took to his knees, much like one would between the pews of a church. "By now, it is no secret that I want to be Raikou's friend. A friend fighting for Hoenn's freedom alongside , , and Raikou's two brothers. That's the person I want to be. When I had been led to believe the Beast perished in the war years ago, I felt devastated. Devastated by the truth of no longer being the person I ideally wanted to be. Empty that my years-long pursuit of Raikou was for naught. I wanted to know who on the other side was responsible, and I would do anything to find out." He glanced down at his phone's calendar. How ironic today's date was.

"It is only fitting that my moment of greatest despair, of greatest weakness, and of greatest... I don't even know the word. Repugnance? Revulsion? Hatred? I don't even know the best word to describe it. Anyway, it's been one year to the day since it happened. One year ago to the day when I was responsible for a simple prisoner transfer. The transfer of a high profile prisoner with ties to those I believed were responsible for his death. I... I believed in my ideals so fervently that I was desperate for any leads that got me closer to understanding what happened in the war. I did things I never thought I would ever do. Horrible, horrible things. Things that have poisoned me by keeping their tales bottled up within my body for months on end."

Music: "Exiled" - Pokémon Legends: Arceus

"High King Calyrex... the one responsible for beating within an inch of her life... was me," Josh slowly confessed.

The one statement, despite being physically quiet, echoed more loudly than a Pyroar's Hyper Voice in a hall of mirrors, its reverberation intense enough to shatter the glass that was the Gym Leader's ideal world. Behind those mirrors were the unpolished, jagged edges of the backboards of the truth. A truth that pinned and crushed the man beneath its weight.

"I let my ideals control me. I wouldn't let go of them. My dream I wanted above all else. My passion. My zeal. I let it all control me. Now I understand. Now I understand what meant. About me not being the right person to be saddled with the burden of the gods." He began bawling and balling incoherently for a minute or two, lost in his sorrow. Lost in the destruction of his own reputation. That loss was far more punishing than any repercussion the League could ever enforce upon him.

"My relentless, unhealthy pursuit of my ideals led me to upend the life of a young, defenseless girl that will never, ever get her life back as it was before I ruined it. I want to help her put the pieces of her life back together. But I know it's something I can't help her with. Only other people can help her. If I try to do anything to help her, even out of the kindness and goodness coming from the bottom of my heart, it will only make matters worse." The true tragedy was not that he had upended the child's life, but that he could do nothing to get it back in order.

"Eris, Isaac, Kyle, Julia... if you can hear me, I'm so sorry," were the final words out of his mouth before he stood up and trudged away from the Dyna Tree, one step every few seconds, as though they were the final steps he would take in Ever Grande. After a few steps, he turned around. "High King, thank you for listening."

With that, the closure of a case that had gone cold for an entire year. There would be no further punishment coming down from the League; he had already served his time away from his Gym. He had already been fined. He had spent eleven long months away from the Beedrill used to commit the crime. , the Leader of Mauville Gym, would have been the perfect diamond, the purest pearl in the eyes of Hoennians were it not for this one giant crack marring its surface. One blemish that, with it now coming to light, could forever tarnish his pristine reputation.

It was up to the people of Hoenn to do what they wanted with the unthinkable revelation that came to light.

{WC: 900}

Prompt: A tale of Truth and Ideals
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 5:55:30 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Silence falls with the coming of evening. Darkened skies corral feisty constellations that dance with tales of old. And so too, will this wandering soul join in, ginger footsteps melding with the cracking of wood and rustle of leaves.[break][break]

At the end of the trail awaits a hare, a king that watches her as she unravels herself from the shadows.[break][break]

"Hello again." She begins. "Your Highness." She hastily adds. "I uhm- brought something for you..."[break][break]

Reaching into her backpack, she pulls out a carefully folded blanket and places it before him.[break][break]

"I thought it might get cold, sitting out here..." Sheepishness takes ahold of her as she scratches the back of her neck. "Well, I don't know if you feel cold, but just in case you ever do, you know?"[break][break]

Gosh, how awkward this is getting. And she's rather sure that it's all of her own doing. Looking around, she eventually finds a spot and ungracefully plops herself down.[break][break]

"So... a story, right?"[break][break]

Momma had been a lot better at telling them than she ever was.[break][break]

"Let's start with... a dragon.[break][break]

[break]

There once was a dragon, their scales as bright as the purest sea foam. Born from the wishes of many, many creatures big and small living under the sea, they were a strong and powerful being bound to a sacred duty of protecting the ocean now and forevermore.[break][break]

That was the story that had been passed from generations to generations, whispered in the passing summer breeze or scrawled in the sands that decorated the shores. And one day, that story reached the ears of a certain little girl.[break][break]

Enchanted by the descriptions of such a wondrous being, she set out on a journey to look for it. Hoping, praying that she might meet it. And if they so allowed, that they'd become friends.[break][break]

The girl searched for years. With whatever little money and experience that she had, she would leave home for a land far, far away. But she could never find the dragon of the legends she'd been told.[break][break]

One day, whilst caught in a ferocious battle between her group of adventurers and death, a dragon descends from the skies with scales dyed in the colours of the darkest deeps and eyes as brilliantly red as the freshest of blood spilled. Its roars flood the forest as it launches itself at death, earth scattering and mighty gales howling with every whip of its spiked tail.[break][break]

The battle is fierce, neither can afford to withhold their strength in the face of such a powerful adversary. And in its great battle against death, the dragon nearly delivers the girl right into death's arms.[break][break]

Even so, upon recovery, the girl would approach the dragon and ask for its name. And to her surprise, it answers with the name she'd been hoping to hear all these years. The name of the very dragon she'd been searching for all this time. But why weren't its scales bright as the purest sea foam? Why did it not roam the ocean and instead glared with eyes that seemed filled with pain?[break][break]

'The world has done me wrong.' The dragon snarls, the spikes on its tail screeching as they drag across the ground. 'I have long been poisoned and left to suffer without a cure.'[break][break]

'There must be something I can do to help.' The girl replies, undeterred by the fierce glare nor the sharp teeth bared at her. Instead, she reaches into her bag and pulls out a box full of cookies. 'The first step to recovery is to eat something. I'll eat one that you pick, just to prove it isn't poison.'[break][break]

But what are a few cookies to a beast that musters tremendous strength to protect the seas? It scoffs at the gesture, picking one out and waiting for the girl to prove the weight of her words.[break][break]

'Do you not fear me? After what harm I have inflicted upon you?'[break][break]

'No, why would I?' The girl, insolent as can be, munches on the cookie as she replies. 'You didn't mean to hurt me.'[break][break]

'I am capable of hurting you again.' The dragon narrows its gaze.[break][break]

'But you aren't going to, are you?' The girl dares to question it once more.[break][break]

The colours of this dragon had been tainted by the darkness this world harboured. The heart of the dragon was something that had grown thorny with its mistreatment. People feared it, for it was no longer the pure dragon they recognised. And yet, the truth remained: That the dragon was not looking to harm those who it did not deem its enemy, those who were innocent.[break][break]

And the girl, who would believe in this, would continue to love and care for it. And shared many more cookies. For it was still a living creature, broken and scarred but still ever regal and majestic as ever.[break][break]

And yet, mortals are such... short-lived, and foolish creatures. They will never live as long as a dragon. And one day, they may have to travel far beyond to find those who might understand and share the remaining time they possess.[break][break]

The girl was such a person. She would find family in a place so very far, far away from the dragon. With people that would not see the dragon in the same way that she did. But her love and worry for the dragon did not change. No amount of distance or time would soothe the guilt that ate at her from within.[break][break]

'Traitor.'
[break]

The dragon would utter when they next met. Its glowing red eyes swept over the company the girl surrounded herself with, that she would risk blood and flesh to protect.[break][break]

And when both sides clashed, humans and the dragon snarling and snapping at one another, the girl froze up. Her family or the dragon? Both of which she loved? Unable to think. Uncertain of how to feel. Unwilling to act.[break][break]

She didn't have enough power to do anything, that's what her head told her. And with that moment of hesitance, she found that she'd lose both.[break][break]

Crumpled amidst a field of injured and deceased, she could only watch as the dragon turned its back on her and flew off.[break][break]

[break]

"In an ideal world, she might have stepped in. Attempted to stop the two sides. Perhaps, saved both of them. Who knows? Maybe she'd convince the humans not to fear the dragon. Maybe she'd have the dragon believe in the humans and show that it's not all that bad. Maybe they would work together hand in hand to discover a cure for the dragon and ease its pain."[break][break]

"In that moment, she told herself that she was powerless. But the truth was that she must have been scared. Of picking a side. Of hurting whoever she chose to defend against. She loved both and therefore could not bear to raise her hand against either."[break][break]

Her gaze dips, a wistful smile upon her lips.[break][break]

"If she had dared to act like in that ideal world, if she had just believed that she could have done something... do you think the story would change?"[break][break]

Her palm presses against her chest, her fingers gently wrapped around a simple ring.[break][break]

"If she just dares to fight for that precious hope, will she see the world that she hopes for someday?"[break][break]

Light breathing entangles with the rustle of grass beneath her feet. All but the stars remain as she haplessly reaches up to the sky.[break][break]

"If she still has a chance to make this all right, I sure hope she takes it."
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"]tales beneath the dyna tree

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,235 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 19:05:14 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

TBTDT (LEAGUE)

Fire & Ice.

"Your majesty, High King Calyrex." He unsheathed his sword, stabbing it into the ground whilst kneeling. "Sir Amlawdd Gwyar ap Gwrfoddw, Magnus Commendator of the Order of the High King, has answered your mass summon."

's, more accurately.

He allowed himself a silly little smile whilst swallowing a chuckle. Never once had he thought he would use those words unironically in the 21st century.

Prior to arriving at Hoenn, at any rate.

Rising back to his feet, the knight sheathed his blade and pondered the King's request.

He sighed, crossing his arms over his chest as his head lightly tilted, brows knitting together.

He was a knight, not a bard. Educated in the classic arts, sure, but his teacher had once referred to him as 'martially-inclined'.

A very courteous way of telling him to not become a poet.

Still, he knew a myriad of old romances and chivalrous poems... few were short, though.

Should he just make something up...?

"... This is but a recollection— a memory."

When I was very young, I tried to escape my home.

My father was a cold, pragmatic and unfeeling man. He was not one for sentimentality or praise, and heaped endless training and punishment unto my less than excellent younger self, that I may one day become an ideal knight.

On one evening, after a particularly cold session with my father— I 'planned' my daring, ill-advised escape, grabbed the bulkiest furs in my closet... and made for the windows, snatching the warmest lamp I could find along the way.

The manor I was raised in was a castle, built in ages past upon the tallest peak of the Crown Tundra. That is to say, the coldest lands in all of Galar.

As you can imagine— a small child who had never once ventured outside the confines of his ancestral home had little chance of making it down the mountain on his own, let alone of finding a settlement within a snow storm.

The young me had not given his plans much thought. As I recall, the cold in my father's gaze felt more chilling than any blizzard back then, and I was willing to risk the storm to get away from it.

Granted— only because I was not nearly as well acquainted with the blizzard.

I collapsed from exhaustion a few miles away from the manor. Most would've died then. However, my poor planning and lacking knowledge saved me from the catastrophe of my own making.

For the lantern I had snatched for myself on my way out? It happened to be a Lampent.

You see, my father, despite all appearances, did not specialize in steel or ice type pokemon. He specialized in ghost-type.

The manor was, then and now, populated by countless pokemon such as Lampent. Hiding so effectively within plain sight, most would not realize they're being stalked at all times.

Contrary to folklore, the lampent did not consume my soul, but kept me from crossing over the edge with its warmth until morning came and the storm passed.

By then, I had learned that my father's cold gaze did not compare to the fury of the tundra, and that my gilded cage reached far beyond the castle walls.

Tired, demoralized and, yes, still very cold, I returned to the castle in defeat.

My father did not punish me when I returned —though I suppose forcing me to do training as usual after such a night might constitute some manner of punishment— but he did ask me if I had learnt my lesson.

At the time, I thought I had. But he said...

"A better knight wouldn't have failed.."

The nerve of this man. Not only had he clearly not been worried, but he didn't even bother chastising my attempt at escaping. He chastised my failure of it!

... Looking back on it now, though... I could believe that, in his own way, he may have been trying to encourage my younger self.

I never once met my grandfather, but my mother had oft suggested my father, in all his aloofness, was still a much, much kinder man than him.

I cannot help but wonder. Did he, too, try to escape in his youth?

Did he succeed? Did he fail? Did he give up? Did he want me to continue trying?

If so, it certainly worked. I did manage to 'escape' after all. Many years later.

Calling it a escape seems a bit silly though. Looking back, the cage had always been wide open. I just needed to be strong enough to cross it.

The knight's 'story' came to an end— and he looked to be pondering over it a lot more than his audience.

"... Haaah... In the end, that man got everything he wanted, didn't he?" He concluded with sagging shoulders, his hands coming up to rub at his temples.

It was the first time he really gave some thought to his admittedly not too great childhood. His father's insight seemed a lot more terrifying with the benefit of hindsight...

"... Haaah. I pray that memory served you in some form, your majesty." He said, bowing at the king. "Farewell."
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 23:12:39 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","pokkenger"]

"Hey there yer Majesty. Glad we could meet." Again, he said silently. The Pokemon returned the man's greeting with a bow, seemingly not recognizing him as one of the brave knights of a kingdom from long ago. Or near ago? However time in a dream worked ago.

Which ultimately was probably for the best, he could barely remember much but he was sure that people back then didn't kindly take how cavalier he was whenever the King decided to grace them with their presence, or with the Royals that were elected to lead them in their short time in that other Galar. He just wasn't really made for the prim and proper lifestyle.

"So I hear you're in the market for stories? Think I can give you one." He's only done it once before for a gym challenge so he was no bard but he did have something in mind;

"There once was an Incineroar who was one of the strongest barbarian in all the land. Not many could match up to his strength yet they still tried and tried. Even while traveling across the land in search of worthy opponents it seemed like he reached the peak of strength. Something not many could attain for themselves, and while he was proud of this strength it also drew attention to himself.

People would ask him to be their hero and solve problems; take out bandits, slay vicious dragons, even fight the gods themselves when one of them raged nearby. Yet it was this last task that was his most arduous. Fighting was easy, it was what he did best. Yet with all the destruction one of these gods had brought with them he wanted to know the reason why. Why did it have to happen at all?

It was rare for him to not think with his muscles, he wasn't the best with that you see. Yet he figured he could stop it all with a simple talk. So that's what he did, went up to talk with one of them to find the truth of the matter.

What he found was an ugly truth.

One of these gods, a god of the storms, was an envious god jealous of the strength of those above him. He took his frustrations out on those weaker than him and enjoyed the fight that the mortals tried to give him. When the mighty Incineroar heard this he was taken aback, he could see himself in this god. Many times he recalled where he acted the same, both in the past and present, and it struck him down to his core. To think that mortals and gods could be so similar.

He knew that men like these only had one answer to their lives, he knew that it was true of himself, that the only answer was when the reaper would come for them. Taking his axe he took on that duty as reaper and struck the god down. He knew he couldn't let such attitude go unchecked while wielding all that power.

Maybe deep down he knew his own personal truth, that he hated himself for being like that.

It did have its consequences, a typhoon ravaged the land as the god's brothers raged at the audacity, people blamed the barbarian for his hard headed thinking, yet all that was temporary. As the barbarian fought till his last breath against their wrath he knew that a brighter future was ahead for everyone. The land was rebuilt by those that lived in it and the gods came to terms at what was done.

No one mourned for the Incienroar for they believed a false truth. Yet it did not bother him, for he new that his own truth was that he prevented further harm, and that was enough for him."

He let out a deep breath to recover some air and tilted his head with a smile at the Royal Pokemon who only said one thing to the man, a smile crossing its face as it did.

"Cro rown!"

@calyrex

[newclass=.pokkenger] [/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b] color: #30c2d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger i] color: #30c2d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #30c2d7;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 2:31:46 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

It’s rude to eavesdrop[break][break]

Even so, Luka can’t help but overhear some of the tales regaled to Calyrex by others. Some are grand tales, some are mundane. Most of them, in one way or another, are eloquently told, and she balks at the prospect of having to imitate them. [break][break]

For almost a week she turns up, only to leave before gifting the King one of her own— she’s never been all that creative, and she can’t think of anything to say. Compared to the snippets of everything else she’s heard, her own contribution seems insufficient. But when Calyrex notices her and fixes her with an intense stare, she feels compelled to speak. It would be rude not to, wouldn’t it? [break][break]

“Ah…um. Good evening your…Majesty?” The Calyrex is silent, though their rabbit ears perk slightly. Luka flushes and glances down at her hands, twisting them into the folds of her skirt. [break][break]

“R-right, so! Um. E-everyone else has a new story to tell you, but I…I mean, I-I’m not very good at that. So I’ll tell you an old one. Is that okay?” [break][break]

More silence. Luka has no choice but to take that as consent. [break][break]

”Have you ever heard the story of Cinderella?” [break][break]

She doesn’t expect an answer this time around, but still pauses for breath before continuing. [break][break]

“It was my favorite fairytale when I was a girl. It’s simple, really…a lovely young girl is treated terribly by her stepfamily, but no matter how many hardships she endures, she always remains steadfast and kind, and treats people well. I always admired that. [break][break]

Anyways, um…e-eventually, she has a chance to go to a ball, and meet a Prince. But her stepfamily won’t let her go. When she manages to scrounge up a dress to wear, they tear it to pieces. Just as she’s about to give up all hope, her fairy godmother appears, and gives her a beautiful gown and a carriage and four horses to take her to the ball-“
[break][break]

It all comes in a breathy rush. Luka pauses once, just to try pacing herself better, and continues. [break][break]

“Anyways, um. She meets the Prince, and they fall in love, and it’s all soo romantic. But the fairy’s spell ends at midnight, so she has to flee before she can tell the Prince her name. While she runs, she loses one of her shoes - oh, it’s a glass slipper, did I mention that? - and the Prince finds it. And he uses that shoe to find her again, because she’s obviously the girl of his dreams. [break][break]

And he does find her, and they live happily ever after. And it’s perfect, right? That’s how all fairytales go.”
[break][break]

Another silence. This is the end of the tale, but Luka isn’t finished yet. [break][break]

“But is it? And do they? I always thought that that was a perfect story. I wanted to be just like Cinderella when I grew up. And then…I got a chance to be, I think. I met a Prince. A real one. And we- I mean…I loved him, anyways. And I thought it was perfect. I’ve always been a bit of an idealist that way, I think. [break][break]

Ah…if I had told my childhood self about that, I think she would have died of happiness. But the thing about fairytales is…they’re stories, right? That kind of thing never happens in real life. And the truth is… [break][break]

My prince was charming and handsome, but he wasn’t sincere. He wasn’t…we weren’t…it was never really real, you know? He wasn’t who I thought he was, but I never noticed. He was so good at pretending, right until he wasn’t. And then everything fell apart. [break][break]

But sometimes I think about how happy I was back then and I think that even if it was all just a farce, I’d still rather be back there, and know nothing, and be happy. Because I haven’t been happy in a long, long time.” [break][break]

It’s a truth she hasn’t confessed aloud to anyone. It comes out all in a rush, and quietly, as though she’s afraid someone else might overhear. [break][break]

“Is it better to be unaware and happy? Or to know everything and have to live with it? To be honest…e-even though I know the truth of it all, I’d rather still stick to my ideals. I don’t want to distrust everyone I meet. I don’t want to think that love- true love- doesn’t exist. I want to believe in the best in everyone because I think that that’s all we have, really. Is there a way for both to exist at once? Or does that realy just make me the naive fool that everyone thinks I am?” [break][break]

A soft, breathy laugh echoes past petal pink lips. [break][break]

“Sorry. That, um…t-that wasn’t much of a story, was it? I’ll try to do better next time, I promise.”

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,491 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 2:44:55 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas approached the tree, and the Calyrex relaxing nearby. Despite his hazy memories of the time he spent in that dream, Thomas remembered the Calyrex he encountered in the Stadium. The encounter that lead to 'twenty years' spent guarding Hammerlocke, before challenging Necrozma and Eternatus with the others.

"Hello, King Calyrex. I don't know if you remember me, but I remember you, faintly.", Thomas told the king, before taking a seat nearby. "I'll tell you the story of a foolish knight."

"Once upon a time, there was a knight, guided by his ideals of justice. The knight fought in many great battles for his kingdom. In return, the knight was rewarded with a lifestyle that was the envy of many."

"A vile army posed a threat to the kingdom, and the way of life of its subjects. Having already taken one kingdom by force, the dark army threatened to sweep up the world under its oppressive rule."

"The dark army exploited the very ideals of the kingdom. Peace, prosperity, mercy, all of them weaponized against the kingdom. The knight, seeing the ugly truth of the kingdom's rigidity in the face of such a threat, rebelled against the very kingdom he swore to protect. That if they weren't going to face this truth head on, he'd do it himself."

"The once gallant knight took to the shadows. Using vile and unspeakable tactics against the dark army. With each passing day, each bloody battle, the knight drifted away from the very ideals he once upheld, slowly transforming into the very monster he threw away everything to fight."

"The rogue knight wasn't alone. A lady, who had lost her family to the dark army, joined forces with the knight. Together, the duo terrorized the dark army as one. Despite how close they got, how the knight fell in love with the lady, it was not meant to be. The lady saw the uncomfortable truth: that their crusade was for naught. His refusal to budge from his twisted ideals drove the lady away, never to be seen again."

"After his crusade had cost him everyone dear to him, the foolish knight saw the truth. That the ideals he chaffed against were what made the kingdom he once fought for great. And that his abandonment of his post had only made things worse for the kingdom he once served."

"The foolish knight, resigned to his fate, turned himself into the kingdom. The knight was ready to face punishment for his transgressions. But the very ideals he challenged saved him, in the end. The queen, in an act of mercy, gave the foolish knight a second chance. A chance to redeem himself. A chance to fight for the ideals of the kingdom once more."

Thomas took a deep breath upon finishing the story. He could only hope that Calyrex didn't find it too bad.

tags: @tag
notes: A tale of truth & ideals

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 4:27:01 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","penelopepog"]
[attr="class","body"]
Alone, Penelope approached the Calyrex, a book pressed against her chest. It held ancient bindings, reminiscent of another time altogether. With a smile, the councilwoman greeted her elder, "I heard you're looking for a story." Then, she settled onto the grass beside him.
[break][break]
A puff of dust spat out from the books as she flipped through the pages, focused on finding one story in particular. "I'm not from Sinnoh, but my best friend was, and," A soft sigh broke her words, easing the emotions threatening to spill. "this was her personal favorite. Hopefully you'll like it too."
[break][break]
In the beginning, before time and space, there was one singular deity, Arceus. With powers so vast, so grand, he created the heavens and the earth. Then he filled three vessels, incorporating a piece of himself into each one.
[break][break]
There was Dialga who assumed Time as his instrument.
[break][break]
There was Palka whose essence became tied to the great void Arceus deemed as space.
[break][break]
And, finally, there was Giratina. A harbourer of what would be humanity's spirit.
[break][break]
While Giratina's brothers weaved the concept of time into existence, and kneed the essence of space into the backdrop where all worlds would orbit, Giratina took the lands of his father. He danced through the sprawls of greens and blues, flipping from universe to universe, enjoying the humors these species had to offer, all while gravity bent to his will.
[break][break]
From the sprigs of earth, he watched man turn rubble into societies. He laid witness to the riveting drawl of human emotions. How they rise and how they fall, driven purely by that innate hubris of theirs; that desire for more. Even a god of his degree could feel the passion radiating off from their dancing spirits.
[break][break]
And so, when he returned to his father, a Millennium later, speaking of humanity's brilliance, it was shattering to witness darkness immediately cloud his eyes.
[break][break]
"Son, you must keep your distance. Maintain the earth, soothe the skies, but avoid those who roam it."
[break][break]
"But father, they are of my creations. I poured onto them as you've done to us," the young deity roared back up to his creator, pleading for him to seek understanding within himself.
[break][break]
"There is danger in freewill. Vulnerabilities for corruption to settle onto. I do not want that for you."
[break][break]
Arceus was Arceus , and he was but a bud awaiting to bloom, and so, despite his desires, the deity heeded the truth his father spilled. From that day forward, he continued his strides along the planets, maintaining distance within the stars.
[break][break]
Until one day a voice broke through, calling out to the heavens.
[break][break]
"Arceus! Arceus, please save us!"
[break][break]
It was a lone woman, her voice carried in sobs. She was found surrounded by wilderness, praying beside a lone statue that'd been crafted in the decades prior. Kneeling to it, the woman bowed her head, prayers tumbling out in one quick slur.
[break][break]
"My daughter- they've captured her. Please, Arceus, please bring her back to me."
[break][break]
From there, the young deity followed the woman, taking time to regain the time forever lost. But what he saw was devastating.
[break][break]
His father was right - corruption had filtered into humanity, cursing them with conflict far beyond the tribal squabbles he'd originally bare witness to. Countries were raging against one another, using humans as tokens to be bargained, blood as threats, war as currency.
[break][break]
They were a flock of sheep abandoned by their shepherd; lambs prepared for the slaughter.
[break][break]
"Father, if you return to the lands of which you've made, they'll remember your name. All will be forgotten! Faith will be restored."
[break][break]
Again, he tried to plead humanity's case, and again, he was met with his father's unrelenting truth.
[break][break]
"If they are lost, let them be. The damned will be punished when they come."
[break][break]
Giratina, torn between his sympathy for humanity's plight and the truth his father foretold, faced a moral quandary, weighing heavily on his celestial shoulders.
[break][break]
Unable to ignore their pleas, Giratina defied his father's counsel. He returned to the realm of mortals, immersed himself in their struggles, manifesting in the midst of chaos, clad in a cloak woven from the fabric of the cosmos. He took onto the earth as a mother attends to her child, watching and learning, aiding and consoling, all from a mortal mask.
[break][break]
These journeys extended to the furthest stretches of the earth, infusing miracles wherever darkness might roam. But with each intervention, Giratina felt the weight of his father's warning bearing down upon him. It was as if his mere presence, his divine touch, stirred the very depths of their beings, awakening both their light and their darkness. Their desires and their ruination.
[break][break]
The more he delved into their affairs, the more he felt his own spirit growing increasingly entangled with theirs, his divine nature mingling with their mortal essence in ways he could not fully comprehend. This continued until one day, as if by chance, he came across a woman of striking familiarity. [break][break]

She was like a living poem, captivating, with a harmonious blend of grace and allure. In her eyes, he found the depth of rich untold stories, the sparkle of luminosity, a reflection of a myriad of colors of his own creation. When he first heard her voice, he heard sunlight pressing through a dark, unwavering veil, carrying warmth through its magnificent glow.
[break][break]
Giratina was enraptured by her entirety.
[break][break]
Together, the two would spend their days in the meadows and gardens of a nearby village, speaking of the world's troubles and successes, all the while basking in each other's presence. She spoke of the beauty in the empathy that arises from suffering — the ability to understand and connect with others on a profound level, transcending differences and divisions. She spoke of humanity's resilience, of how despite facing seemingly insurmountable obstacles, they find the strength to persevere, to endure, and to rebuild their lives from the ashes of adversity. Because, unlike deities whose lives extend Into the endless nights of tomorrow, humans live in the now. They're given only one life, one moment to do what they must, and its within that limited time that they flourish.
[break][break]
And so Giratine finally understood. But, when he was preparing to take that knowledge back to the heavens, now satisfied with the work he's done, a grave act was committed. He revealed himself to the woman, hoping to bid one final piece of gratitude.
[break][break]
He was met with silence, then an explosion of hatred.
[break][break]
"It was you," the woman howled, "who heard my cries and did nothing? My daughter suffered because your inactions! Where was my miracle?!"
[break][break]
He tried to explain - she wouldn't listen.
[break][break]
He tried to make amends - she didn't care.
[break][break]
It didn't matter what he said, what he promised her, the flagrant truths of his words had been lost. What mattered was that she was hurt, that she had suffered, and Giratina - a god - had every opportunity to lift that suffering, and decided against it. That he spent these last few weeks playing oblivious to everything, turning her into a fool.
[break][break]
She sought repentance. She sought vengeance for the daughter she had lost.
[break][break]
Giratina did his best to evade her vicious attacks, but this mortal body was a tomb, not a blessing. He'd never faced danger before, and without his gifts, defense became a foreign concept. Pitchforks and knives came in drones soon after, the townspeople hearing of the captured God. [break][break]

And it was there, in the very meadows he once cherished, Giratina's mortal blood spilled, seeping into the earth, through the dirt and grim, until it reached the other side. [break][break]

Droplet by droplet, his body was reforged, taking shape in the world below. Severed from the celestial ties he had forsaken, the lone deity drank this new world around him. It empty, hollow, redolent of the vibrancy of life.
[break][break]
Again, he had become a spectator to the world above. Only, this time, there was no returning to the meadows or holy gates, for his soul was tethered here. Distorted, yet the same.

[break][break]
"Some say its Giratina soul that keeps us grounded to the earth."
[break][break]
"Cro rown!"
[break][break]
The councilwoman smiled.

Arceus' POV [break][break]

NOTES

A story of Truth and Ideals.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".penelopepog"]--accent:#f74444;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".penelopepog .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Aria

Adel or Della
Her/She/Her
February 21
Ballonlea City
Heteroflexible
Ranger
Rookie
18 height
18 height
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @adelaide
Adelaide Whiteley
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 5:11:22 GMT
Adelaide Whiteley Avatar
lead or be led
template by Punki of Pixel Perfect
tags tags tags
All call it fate or an curious to find out more about the Dyna Tree. It was there that she would see King Calyrex. Her faint remember of the fake Galar made this all the more important. It seemed the mighty king didn't remember but least he was alive. Now doubt in her mind that was happy to see the king even if he didn't remember her. Did mean Zacian and Zamazenta would make an appearance as well.

Adel could be happen at least for their safety. She remember the shard of the crown that were tainted by ruination. Maybe we would be able to figure out how to fix them? Adel kept her thought to herself as tried to come with story that would appease the noble king. "I think I know of story, Mighty King. This was is spoke from the heart if I may add."

The ranger stopped to  clear her throat before she began. "A girl left her home in in search of adventure. She went far and wide on different place around the world. Her memories in these lands were great and the friendships were pure. The sky was the limit in her as travel lead to every cover of the world. She loved every moment it from traveling highest into the mountains tops to traveling the in caves deep below. It brought a thrilled- a sense of excitement until fated by she came to place never heard off. A land that would change her left forever."

"The land were filled with wars and violent as two rivals factions fought nail for every inch. She left like she had to help no what other would say so she joins one side  fought in the war. She thought she was making a difference. She tried all her might with her allies and sister-in arms. No cost to great for too of the people. However she stopped even once to ask what she doing the right or wrong. She never understood her action until it was too late.  It was not that stop her but when her friends turned against her. The truth, she had been made a fool by those once held dear."

"In end, she lost everything -her pride, her courage, her determination, her identify - life all was a bitter pill to shallow. But all hope was not loss for knowledge is part. Finding the truth was turning point which set her on the right path. With time an effort she set herself on her own right path carrying her ideals and the truth behind together as one."

Story of truth and ideals.
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 5:57:14 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Funny how these things worked.

Knowing that his husband partner would literally fuck off when anything Galarian was mentioned (strange it wasn’t the same for him when Unova was mentioned… maybe it was just a change of perspective) he would make the trip one evening, on the premise that he had to drop off some papers that the higher-ups needed.

(Yeah, remember that time you helped him finish that mountain of paperwork?)

To his surprise, he was not expecting to see… wait. Wait. Hold up one second—wait.

See, this was the curse he carried—unlike most (he guessed) who chose to forget everything about what happened in the alternate Galar, he had a physical, existing paper trail ‘record’ of most things that went down, so…

Should I bow? Or just walk up straight to them? How does this work? he thought as he then approached before deciding on a half-bow instead. There. Nothing too offensive, right?

“G-good evening. I know you don’t remember any of us… well, anyone who was in that warped version of Hammerlocke, so…”

His brow furrowed. What to do?

He would then eventually sit down as close as he could to the bulbous-headed Pokémon, before clearing his throat.

“Well, see… allow me to preface this by the fact that the person in this story was extremely idealistic. However, the moment the real world gives him a serving of the cold, harsh truth, well… that’s when things start to differ.”

He began—

“Once, there was a young boy—the only son of a well-known family. While he did have two sisters, let’s just say… the parents of the family in question had a different set of ideals when it came to their kids. Normally, boys would be considered as the blessing to any family, right? Well, this one had it all reversed. The only son was initially cherished, at first.

However, over time, as the siblings three grew older, the boy began to notice something—how their parents favored his sisters more, and how he, as the middle child, was always left out of most everything. Not until the time the young boy, who by this time was already a teenager, realize the ugly truth about what their parents were up to—

That he, their only son had been written off, out of existence, and basically left alone to fend for himself.”

He stopped for a while; hopefully the Calyrex (not that he knew the proper name) wasn’t bored to tears on the story he was sharing.

“One night, he decided he’d had enough, that he’d been too idealistic to think that his own family would love him. Seeing as he’d been written off, and written out of the entire family’s existence, he would then make the single best decision: he left the family.

Despite knowing that his sisters at the very least were worried for him, the fact that he’d already been brushed off as an expendable even from a young age really dug too deep, and hurt him more than anything. Maybe he would have better luck elsewhere—which is what he did.”

He wondered if anyone would realize what the story really meant, at least for him.

“Sometimes, being too idealistic can and will damage a person’s outlook on life. It would be better to face the truth head-on instead… so in a way, the scorned son took his ideals and gave it life.”

He had to compose himself because his voice almost cracked at that last line.

“Thank you for your time.”

let’s see who can pick out where this story about being too idealistic and the hard truth was based on.

@tag
close tab

played by

rysa

Demoman
He/Him
March 17
Circhester (Galar)
Heterosexual
Demolitionist/Eco-Terrorist
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
63 posts
tavish rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tavish
tavish rose
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 6:11:28 GMT
tavish rose Avatar
After everyone had gone to sleep, when the stars dared emerge from the vastness of the night sky, when the Pokemon that fought for the delicious, sweet fruit had all given up for the day and vowed for tomorrow, and when the Moon blessed the fertile earth beneath the Dyna-Tree.

That’s when one man and his four companions emerged from the black of night. He held a book in his arms and a rare hope in his eye. Not filled with the fires of vengeance or justice, but of childlike wonder. How nice it felt. How different it was.

As soon as they all reached the King, the man bowed. So too did Obstagoon, and Sir did the best he could with the lack of knees. Bloke hesitated at first, but shrugged and eventually followed suit with the rest. Sonny closed his eyes and folded in on himself. Together, they all paid their initial respects.

O wonderful King,” the man said softly, “I ask for forgiveness, for disturbing you at such a late time. On such a beautiful night… it was for the best.

The League might not know who he is. If they did, there was no guarantee they wouldn’t attack. He could not lose the one thing that kept him from pure home-sickness. The old leather-bound book in his hands, weathered and as old as the being they bowed for. Its cornered bent in on themselves, and the pages were yellow with oxidation.

But… I knew I must meet you. If not for your sake, then for mine,” he fell to the side and crossed his legs as he set the book in his lap. “If I’m not mistaken, I’ve heard rumors that you wish to hear tales. To regain your power. And as a proud Galarian myself, it would be the utmost honor to help you in whatever way I physically can.

Because if the tales of the past are true, and what I’ve heard is true… then you were the one that gave us all we had.

The rest of the Pokémon unfurled themselves and joined the man on the ground. All but Bloke focused their attention solely on the King and the Storyteller– his gaze fell on the stars that twinkled high above. He had only slight interest in this, as Galar was not his home. But an easy night was never a bad thing.

So, I thought it best to begin with a simple tale,” the man opened the book and carefully turned the first few pages. Each one handled like a newborn until his finger landed on the very first one in the book. “One to help you remember our home.

“Once upon a time, there were two kingdoms that bordered one another. To the North, a kingdom that lived in the clouds. The people were happy, hopeful, and without a single worry in their hearts. Every morning, the sun greeted them and began a new wondrous day. Life was simple, peaceful. Perfect, even.

But things never changed. They never grew, and the world was a daze. Day in, day out, all they could do was the things set before them in a never-ending cycle. The things they hoped for was always destined for tomorrow, yet it was always a day away.

And in the South, a Kingdom of chaos. Nothing was ever guaranteed– nothing but the ground beneath their feet and the sky above their heads. They understood the world, yet that meant little for the problems of the then. They labored against the world, mother nature– existence itself. Every battle a struggle, and with no hopes.

Yet they grew. Changed. Little by little, they furthered their knowledge of the land. If they must struggle, they would become one with it. They conquered goal after goal, until their kingdom was just as large as the one in the North. Even if they felt as empty as the halls they inhabited, they had become just as large as their opponents.

How they hated one another. Those in the North could never understand their hardships, their reality. Inside their lofty castles were lofty ideals, always dreamed of but never accomplished. And those in the South, how empty their hearts. Even if they became as strong as them, there was no passion behind it. Empty husks with no reason for existence.

They waged war, and fought on the battlefield. That idealistic kingdom without a single true accomplishment against the truthful kingdom built with cold, emotionless motion. Neither side ever beat another in a way that mattered. Land was won, then lost the next day. It was long. It was bloody. And nobody won.

After ten years, both sides were in ruins. The people were tired. Neither could ever hope to beat the other, and both had to face the reality of the situation. They had to join one another, or both perish to the struggles of the world. Reluctantly, they merged into one whole kingdom.

The people of the North finally could put their dreams into reality. Even if slowly, their tomorrow had finally come. And if it didn’t, then that was perfectly fine. It just meant things were different, and that was okay. From the South, passion entered their hearts. They could finally feel purpose for the things they did, and the knowledge they had let them finally see tomorrow. There was now a reason to their motions; a thing to hope for.

And they lived happily. Ever. After,” the Man slowly closed the book. Its echo filled the air, and silence soon after. He smiled– a rarity in these last few months. Struggle after struggle, towards a future that always seemed to be in tomorrow. But steeped in the reality, and acceptance that it wasn’t certain.

But to struggle was to hope, and to hope was to struggle. Ideals without Truth were little more than a distant thought, and Truth without ideals was a cold, merciless land of medals with no meaning. Only together could they ever hope to give purpose to life.

Even as the King offered a heartfelt cry to the story, the four would remain silent and simply enjoy the presence of the thing they never knew existed until recently. Bathing in its glorious radiance for as long as they could. For this one night, they could be hopeful. They could be at ease with themselves and the situation.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 7:22:59 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Today was… one of those days he’d come out to the Pokémon League to pay a visit to both the Head Scientists regarding his little… problem.

(Well, it wasn’t as little anymore, was it, with the way things were going.)

He thought he saw his friend slipping away after approaching the… hm. This was a Pokémon he hadn’t seen before, so he would observe with curiosity as the last person finished their tale before he approached.

“I know what you’re thinking, like, ‘who are these people coming by to tell you tales’, and honestly, I don’t know if my own story would be to your liking, but.”

He scoured his mind as fast as he could, before settling on one particular tale.

“Once, there were three little birds, borne of three separate elements—one from a lightning bolt that had struck the ground; another from a meteor that came crashing down from the stars, and one from the coldest shard of ice to ever exist.

However, over time, the one formed from the lightning bolt would eventually leave their siblings behind. This would mean that the one with a meteor for a heart, and the other who had the coldest disposition among them, were left to fend for themselves.

One day, the being of fire would ask,
‘Where has our sibling gone? Will we be alright without them?’

To which the being of ice would reply, ‘They chose their own path. We have to choose our own, without them. We have to be strong.’

‘When will they return?’

‘That, I cannot answer, for I cannot see into the future.’

The two siblings would continue to live together, at least until the time when the sibling of fire would depart in the middle of the night, leaving the last sibling all alone.

‘Where have you two gone?’

And this time… they would get no answer.

What happened to the other two siblings? The sibling of ice would go on a search, attempting to find where they may have gone off to.

Would all that searching bear fruit in the future? Who knows?”

That… was a lot longer than he expected it to be, however he felt that it was satisfactory. At least on his part.

“Thanks for listening to what I had to share.”

hmmm

@tag