oscar clayton Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

[attr="class","omgentop"]OSCAR'S HOUSE OF JUMPSCARES

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

A SPOOKY ADVENTURE
SETTING: MAUVILLE CITY
GAME OF CHANCE

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/917658424957886505/1013252087611674634/Darken_-_Tomasz_Stobierski_Lynne_Publishing.mp3[/player]
[break]

beware, you're in for a scare
[break][break]

EXPOSITION

AS THE APOCALYPSE DRAWS NEAR, a cloud of dread hangs over the HOENN region. Public servants to the very end, GMH (GREATER MAUVILLE HOLDINGS) announces a block party styled Halloween faire within MAUVILLE CITY. Utilizing every connection he has, OSCAR CLAYTON sets up a spooktacular wonderland across Mauville's streets. Attendees can enjoy everything from costume parties to trick or treating, fun for everyone as they turn their attention away from their horrific and INEVITABLE DEMISE.[break][break]

None of that interests YOU though, or if it did you got through it far too quickly and now have nothing better to do. Luckily, Oscar has a special SURPRISE for those with--particular tastes. It's hard to miss: an enormous structure that you swear you've never seen before. The front had an elaborate façade meant to look like a dilapidated mansion, which hid a sprawling warehouse that could be seen from certain angles. When did they have time to build this? Or--was it always here and you just never noticed?[break][break]

You draw closer, curiosity overriding your sense of reason. In front of the path to the bizarre attraction sits a sign that reads thusly:

❝𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄, 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐒, 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃'𝐒 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐄. 𝐈𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐀 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐌 𝐎𝐅 𝐔𝐍𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝐍𝐎 𝐇𝐔𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄! 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐆𝐀𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐎 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄? 𝐈𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄, 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐂𝐄𝐄𝐃![break][break]

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐍𝐎 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐄, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐄! 𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑, 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐍𝐎 𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐀 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐄!❞

Hyperbole aside, a haunted house sounds like a fine Halloween treat, and so you pass through the rusted gates--unaware of the NIGHTMARE you are about to endure.

RULES

OSCAR'S HOUSE OF JUMPSCARES IS AN ELIMINATION STYLE DICE GAME to challenge your creativity as a writer and tickle your Halloween spirit. I will be providing the tools you need to explore Oscar's extreme haunt, and it will be up to you to describe your character's thrilling experience.[break][break]

Participants will be divided into groups of four, each with their own thread. Each thread may have different modifiers to win the round, but the base rules of the game will be consistent:[break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • You must roll three times at the end of your post.
  • At least one roll must match the win condition of your thread. (EX: At least one of your rolls must be EVEN)
  • Every player starts with 50 resolve. Failure to meet the win condition on any of your rolls will cost the player 10 resolve. Reaching 0 resolve will eliminate that player from the game.
[break]

Events within the game may alter the win conditions, so be prepared for shocking surprises around every turn. The last player standing will move on to the next round, and it shall continue that way until only one player remains.[break][break][break][break]

The Waiver

As you approach the entrance, you will be stopped by a GMH employee sitting at a table. He will hand you a form, which you must sign before entering Oscar's House of Jumpscares™. Read the waiver carefully--breaking the agreed upon terms may lead to dire consequences...[break][break]

By signing up to participate in Oscar's House of Jumpscares™, you are agreeing to all of the following terms and conditions. GMH, Infinity Industries, and Oscar Clayton are not responsible for any physical or emotional trauma that may occur within the House. Participants will agree to the full extent of the Oscar's House of Jumpscares™ without resistance, this includes: The simulation of life-threatening danger, the likely forced physical removal from the House, the simulation of kidnapping, and any other methods used in an attempt to scare the participant. Participants acknowledge that Oscar's House of Jumpscares™ is not designed for pokemon participation. Under no circumstances are participants allowed to have pokemon out or use pokemon to trivialize or damage the House. Additionally, any so-called 'Avatars' are prohibited from using any of their their powers while within Oscar's House of Jumpscares™. During the experience, the attacking or harming of fear effects, scare actors, or horror entities by participants is strictly prohibited. This includes during scenarios where the participant is forcibly removed from the House.
[break][break]

Read the full waiver in the Spoiler tag. Here are the highlights for those who do not wish to read.[break][break]

• GMH bears no responsibility for anything that happens to you within Oscar's House of Jumpscares™
  • Pokemon are strictly forbidden within Oscar's House of Jumpscares™
  • Super powers and god-like abilities are banned from Oscar's House of Jumpscares™
  • Participants cannot damage any scenery or décor within Oscar's House of Jumpscares™
  • Attacking employees and scare actors is strictly prohibited while inside Oscar's House of Jumpscares™
[break][break]

With the legal nonsense out of the way, you are now free to fill out the paperwork on the back.[break]

[blockquote][h1]SIGN-UP WAIVER[/h1]

[quote][b]Participant Name:[/b] Character Tag [break]

[b]Age:[/b] Character age here [break]

[b]How Easily Scared Are You:[/b] Answer as your character (and then OOC, like this) [break]

[b]What is Your Biggest Fear:[/b] List Character's biggest fear[break]

[/quote]

[/blockquote]

[break]

24/24 Slots Filled

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,311 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
OSCAR'S HOUSE OF JUMPSCARES
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 15:24:08 GMT
ana fell Avatar

SIGN-UP WAIVER

Participant Name: [break]

How Easily Scared Are You: She has never been scared once in her whole life (girl I don't read scary books alone) [break]

What is Your Biggest Fear: Poverty Madness, probably.[break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 15:28:44 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar

SIGN-UP WAIVER

How Easily Scared Are You: Me? Afraid? Ha. Good joke. (Mars would never admit to being afraid of anything but Azul herself doesn't like extreme gore :c) [break]
What is Your Biggest Fear: Nothing, but for the sake of humouring Oscar: THE UNKNOWN (Get it?)[break]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
A Beacon of Safety during times of War
awards
731 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 15:31:13 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

SIGN-UP WAIVER

How Easily Scared Are You: I'd lie if I said I wasn't easily frightened, but I've vowed to never let fear stop me again! (I'd like to believe I am not easily scared) [break]

What is Your Biggest Fear: To be a disappointment to her family and friends, to fail when it really counts, to be alone, etc etc.[break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 15:35:31 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

SIGN-UP WAIVER

How Easily Scared Are You: Eh...hehehe. Pretty easy, but I always pull through! [break][break][break][break]Ÿ̸̳̝̉͌͑̋̔̌͑M̵̡̜̥̹͈̙̍̐̆͛̄̿̆͛͗͝ͅC̸̦͑̕A̸̛̪͖̰̝̿̓̐̌̚̚͠͝͝ ̷̢̧̢̛̻͈̯͍͔̱̹̻̝̫͇̤͚͖͎̏̅͑͜F̶̧̬͕̳͈̲̫̦̱͎̦̠̭̠͚̲͖͙̼̔̏͑͐̈́͑̾̏̀̈́̀̄͋̊͘͘͜͠͝L̶̛̰͉̣͔̣̱̹̟͖̣̠̖̬̒̑̓̒̓̌̈́́̌̌̕͘͠͠A̶̡̟͖̅̀̂͂̎̊̿̓͌͐̔͝Ṣ̵̢̡̛͔̹̦̙̞̗̞̰͎̣̖̰̞͆̀̿̒̎̆͛̓͂̽̉́̚͘̚͝͝Ḩ̶̲͎̳̙̥̦͍͚̗̭͓̳̪̙͇͒͆̎́̎̇̍̀͋̇͒̈́B̵̢̛̩͎͖̖̪̥̰̺̮̪̎̑̾́̍̀͛̓͋̏̽͘Ą̶͉̙̞̲̽͊́͗̈̋̂̕͝Ĉ̸̢͔̬̬̞̂͐͛͋̿̊́͌͐K̵̨̦͓̲̖̠̦̿̂̊͒͠͝͠S̶̢̛̛͈̜̘͚͎͚̮̱̰̗̲͍͎̫͍̞̝͇̻͕̅̅͗͐̿̄̽̒̀̾̈͌͛̽͘ [break][break]

... Somehow.

[OOC: I listen to horror podcasts to pass time. I think I'm generally pretty good with subtle horror! I suck at jump scares, though.] [break]

What is Your Biggest Fear: I don't want anything bad happening to the people important to me.[break]

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,013 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 15:51:53 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar

SIGN-UP WAIVER

How Easily Scared Are You: Probably about average (I pretty much go through all horror movies, and even realistic medical dramas, covering my eyes asking when it's over, and jump scares get me the worst) [break]

What is Your Biggest Fear: Being totally helpless[break]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,479 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 15:53:24 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

SIGN-UP WAIVER

How Easily Scared Are You: medium [break]

What is Your Biggest Fear: [break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 15:58:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar

SIGN-UP WAIVER

How Easily Scared Are You: "eh, sure. we can say that i am. why not?" (my issue about horror movies are very graphic gore and jumpscares, but since that isn't very likely on text, i guess not so much) [break]

What is Your Biggest Fear: unpaid overtime[break]

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 16:18:16 GMT
luka chêne Avatar

SIGN-UP WAIVER

How Easily Scared Are You: "Eh? Gosh, um...I don't know! An average amount, I guess? Or, erm...well, I might be a little easily startled..." (i don't like surgical or eye horror but other than that bring it on! i do get kinda easily spooked tho but that's what the season is all about) [break]

What is Your Biggest Fear: abandonment[break]

close tab

played by

lou

harper beck
they/he
twenty-eight
august 11
stow-on-side, galar
pansexual
forger
rocket admin
in any universe
you are my dark star
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
6'0 (it's 5'8) height
long black tulips, born in your blue tints. lemongrass eyelids, smoke in your slick lips.
awards
966 posts
fern delaney DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @fern
fern delaney
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 17:35:55 GMT
fern delaney Avatar

SIGN-UP WAIVER

How Easily Scared Are You: “Scare easily? That’s funny— you can try if you want, tho~” This is mostly true aside from the fact that he’s insanely easy to jump startle. It’s all a thrilling adrenaline rush to him. (i love horror so im good, bring on the terrors) [break]

What is Your Biggest Fear: total isolation (might also be claustrophobic??)[break]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 19:20:39 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar

SIGN-UP WAIVER

How Easily Scared Are You: "I get scared easily enough. I just don't show it. But jump scares don't really do it for me. Marinate the horror, and you'll have me scared to move." [break]

What is Your Biggest Fear: "Regrets, death of another, alone in the dark, being a bad person, and... oh, right, one more. On occasion, myself."[break]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,314 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 19:21:50 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar

SIGN-UP WAIVER

How Easily Scared Are You: "Psh. Me? You kidding? Nothing scares this guy!" (Says the guy who needs to hold Cygne during horror movies) [break]

What is Your Biggest Fear: The knowledge that, despite all the strides and progress he's made, he has nothing to offer others and is doomed to ultimately disappoint them.[break]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 19:30:06 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

SIGN-UP WAIVER

How Easily Scared Are You: "Good luck." (Visual horror doesn't work on him, and he's more likely annoyed by loud noises than scared by them. He doesn't take getting lost very well though.)[break]

What is Your Biggest Fear: The people that believe he can't accomplish anything being right.[break]

close tab

played by

Aura

Kyr
she/her
thirty-six
December 31st
Blackthorn City
Bi-sexual
Assassin / Architect
Civilian
my most beautiful chaos
One day I will find you
1m85 // 6'1 height
1m85 // 6'1 height
Her heart in spite, is warm and bright
awards
140 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kyr
Kyrenai Black
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 19:41:57 GMT
Kyrenai Black Avatar

SIGN-UP WAIVER

How Easily Scared Are You: Truly? Nothing scares the boogeyman, sweetheart. [break]

What is Your Biggest Fear: Will never admit it, but having her existence/efforts erased due to failure.[break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,743 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2022 20:26:34 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar

SIGN-UP WAIVER

How Easily Scared Are You: Nuh uh! Not scared at all!! (She doesn't get scared that easily by the supernatural but it does hit hard when her survival instincts kick in. But also like, the writer literally cried when she saw the eel in nemo like what more do u want) [break]

What is Your Biggest Fear: Isolation, murdery people and uhm... maybe adults tbh, especially those like Matias Silph:tm:[break]