TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
epigraph & elegy [s]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 2:18:01 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC RAMSAY

epigraph & elegy  unknown location  

“Take a deep breath.”

The words drifted to Zac's ears, unburdened by friction or distance. “You’ve got a couple more minutes before you pass out, and honestly, it'd be a lot harder to bring you back if you’re unconscious.”
    How can I trust you? He wanted to ask, but he couldn't speak without air. The insides of the twisted world pulled at Zac, tugging at him like a puppeteer steering a marionette back into center stage. He swung around and drifted back towards the floating woman. 
     She offered him a hand, and a portal opened nearby. Closer to her than to him. The implication was clear: Take my hand, if you want to live.
    How kind. Saving me from your death trap. 
    Zac frowned, one hand still over his mouth. How could he trust anything this woman said? She had just pulled him into the void and stolen his shard! Still, his options were limited. No way was he going to take a breath of this alien air, but escape? He was in no position to be choosy.
    Zac grabbed the woman's hand, and the world twisted. He was expecting it this time, but expecting is a far cry from being ready.

The pair emerged, and Zac's head and stomach spun as the church filled with noise and argument.
“Anyone else want to bump plates?”
"This bitch is fucking crazy!"
"I don't know what the fuck is going on, but I think we should get the hell out of here"
"It might destroy this church"

Zac breathed in, lungs shuddering as they filled with air that was sweet and cold. He rose, pulling himself up to loom over the little thief that was already trying to mug others.
    He held out an empty hand that was buzzing like his shard. Things were coming apart around him. People already making for the exits as the first meeting of plate club descended towards the finale. Time was running thin for Zac to get his piece back. He felt the buzzing fade, replaced by blunt, burning anger. 
    She stood just a few feet from him, dark piece outstretched, offering a lie to those come seeking truth.
    But he knew better.

Zac reached out,
    wrapping his hand around the Spooky Plate
    as if it was her throat.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
epigraph & elegy [s]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 6:34:07 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar

[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","katherinepokes"]

The foreign grip on her shard is deemed as no less than a threat and a direct insult to both Giratina and her. Zac had been welcomed into the distortion world and yet he dares to act against the rightful rulers of the realm.

Her smirk fades away, eyes narrowing into mere slits as frustration builds up and begins to paint her features under a different light.

“Now…”

For a single, fluttering moment, Zac would be able to sense Giratina’s domain as if he was floating in the middle of the distortion world once more. But it’s nothing more than a ruse, as this time, Katherine is prepared for him and opens a portal just small enough to absorb the shard of the Spooky Plate, rather than the man who tried to hold onto it.

“Didn’t your mother teach you not to touch what isn’t yours?”

Her words may as well be laced with an ultra beast's toxin, carrying full intention to plague Zac's heart with disappointment and regret.

Unfortunately, it seemed as if there was little reason for the gym leader to stick around. After all, most of the other plate owners appeared to vanish as if they'd encountered a ghost, "If you'd like to have it back, I am afraid I'll need a different shard in return. Fair trade, y'know?"

It was a fair price for having been brought into their realm.

notes:

[attr="class","katherinetag"]

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
epigraph & elegy [s]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 16:09:37 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-st]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
ever grande city

[attr=class,lyric1]
if you could only see the beast

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"Big talk from someone who's guilty. You need to leave, Katherine."[break][break]

Stormy puts herself between the gym leader and Zac, her gaze molten and angry. Suspicion rises like bile in the back of her throat, and she doesn't stop those who attempt to flee. [break][break]

"Fair trade? You're stupider than I thought."[break][break]

They aren't talking to her, rather, through her - but she's adamant to wedge her foot in the door. Anxiety is high in the room, and she glances back to the man.[break][break]

"Are you alright?"[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-stcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #865B2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #865B2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-st .bulk i, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/Vwz18s7/stormypost1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
epigraph & elegy [s]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 16:37:44 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC RAMSAY

epigraph & elegy  ever grande city  

Zac's hand closed around the plate. Definitive. Like the padded thud of a coffin lid. Only for the dark shard to slip away, sucked into that other realm. 
“Didn’t your mother teach you not to touch what isn’t yours?” asks the woman. The words are nonsense. A phrase of pure projection based on the logic of some alien world. Fitting. 
    Zac grit his teeth. He wasn't calm by any stretch, but there was no use swinging at this petty thief. This was a different type of battle, and he had to take her head on.
    He took a deep breath, pushed down the rage, and let his trademark smile creep back onto his face. With a grin as wide and cheesy as he pulled for his nature vlogs, he faced his subject, catching her in his red-eyed gaze.
"I think your inner monologue is leaking there, miss, because there's no way you're telling the person you just mugged to keep his hands off someone else's stuff."
    "If you'd like to have it back, I am afraid I'll need a different shard in return. Fair trade, y'know?"
    "Oh a fair trade? Is that what that was?" Zac asked, with ample cheer. "You'll forgive me then for asking what exactly I got in exchange for my priceless relic? Was it the minute of fun in your zero-G wonderland? Or was it the ongoing nausea?" 
    Zac looked down at the strange woman and shook his head in utter disbelief. The edges of his mouth turned as his fake smile took on a tinge of genuine amusement. This was the worst attempt at a follow-up crime he'd ever heard. "Okay. So let me get this straight. You want me to bring you another shard to trade for mine?" Zac let out a laugh. It was unprofessional, but very satisfying. 
"Now, lets put aside the mixed messages of 'Don't touch other people's stuff' and 'Go touch other people's stuff', for a sec to ask the question we're all wondering."
    Zac gestured to the rest of the church, indicating the assembled trainers whose eyes were trained on the arguing pair. He paused, letting the room breathe before his final question.  
"What in the name of Groudon's flaming gonads makes you think I would trust another word outta your mouth?"

Stormy pushed herself between Zac and the thief, and in a move that sent his mind into overdrive, she gave him the one piece he had been missing.
"Big talk from someone who's guilty. You need to leave, Katherine."
And just like that, Zac put a name to a face.

★Music - Phoenix Wright - Pressing Pursuit ~ Cornered

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
epigraph & elegy [s]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 17:00:21 GMT

Katherine maintains a neutral expression all while listening to Stormy accuse her of committing a crime and claiming that she ought to leave. The Silph’s words, however, are just that. Words. They fail to phase through the woman and merely cause her to quirk a brow in response.

“Are you finished now? Because I could care less about a lecture I didn’t ask for.”

Her hand digs into a pocket to retrieve her phone and look at the time. Truthfully, she had no business staying around at this point. This seemed like a perfect opportunity to take her leave as well, but being pushed by others into departing wasn’t something she could allow.

She’s too petty and egotistical to allow anyone else to relish the sense of victory against her, isn’t she?

“Zac, was it? I am afraid you’ve made a mistake. That shard did not belong to you. It was never your priceless relic.” Her words are calm, collected, paced, and are spoken without a rush to them. Despite the exaggerated reactions of some of the people in the room, Katherine is well-aware that nothing out of the ordinary took place.

The shard found its rightful owner. Nothing more, nothing less.

“Trust me?” She sounds just as puzzled as the red-haired man questioning her. She couldn’t care less if a stranger trusted her or not. Frankly, she’d prefer the latter of the two options.

“You don’t have to do any of that. It was an offer that you’re more than welcome to dismiss.”

notes:

[attr="class","katherinetag"] &

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
epigraph & elegy [s]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 3:37:25 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Ya okay, man?" Came Doug's voice behind the group as he jogged up to the larger man.

He had been thrown for a loop earlier- what with the bodies disappearing, reappearing, suddenly talking and touching without him being at all ready only to disappear on him before he could even offer him a response...

Honestly, the last few minutes had been wild for the young bugcatcher.

He had heard the conversation, but couldn't make heads or tails from it... Wasn't this woman supposed to be one of the good guys?

"Are Gym Leaders supposed to be robbin' folk?" Said Doug with a slight frown as he looked at the woman, her earlier... explanation, excuse, disregard, whatever she wanted to call it, entirely weightless to him.

He and his group had found the plate- they had struggled hard to do so, too. It was theirs, whatever she thought.

"Bad apples just crop up everywhere, huh?"

A report was in order, he thought.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
epigraph & elegy [s]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 3:51:27 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-st]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
ever grande city

[attr=class,lyric1]
if you could only see the beast

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"It wasn't an offer, Katherine. You're acting crazy."[break][break]

Her response is scathing and she can feel her temperature rising.[break][break]

"No, Doug, gym leaders aren't supposed to be robbing people. These shards belong to the people who found them, not to you and your big ego and half-lidded threats."[break][break]

She stands stiff, aggressive, challenging the woman. Her indifferent, flippant attitude is aggravating and arrogant. Enough was enough.[break][break]

"I'm not asking you again, Kat. You're leaving, and you can bet your ass what went down here will be reported to the League for questioning."[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-stcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #865B2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #865B2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-st .bulk i, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/Vwz18s7/stormypost1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,331 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
epigraph & elegy [s]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 5:24:46 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam wakes up from his play time with his espeon and only then does he recognize the commotion. he quickly places his espeon on his side, who had fallen asleep for some reason thanks to 's relic song, and takes out his phone.

the contact for 's civilian phone is sent a message from priam's. it's a simple question, but nonetheless needed.

what's happening? i fell asleep.

cause what else would one be doing in a church besides sleeping? it's not like the topic interested him as he only came here with the underboss because he's curious to see which people would come in a random gathering out of nowhere.

@tags

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
epigraph & elegy [s]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 6:06:21 GMT

“No.”

Unwavering and inflexible, Katherine isn’t willing to entertain Stormy’s request with even the slightest of chuckles. Whatever had the elite four member thinking that their request had to be honored was misguided. They hold no authority over her, and a report is far from enough to scare her. After all, she acted this way knowing that such information would be transferred to the League.

“Again, you’re wrong. I haven’t made any threats. And yes, these relics do not belong to those who’ve found them. You…” She spares a moment to check the Silph up and down, from head to toe.

“Just happened to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time. Really— all I want to do is fix that.”

Considering the fact she’s made no attempt to exit or step away, it seemed like Stormy’s request fell on deaf ears. Katherine was not leaving.

notes:

[attr="class","katherinetag"]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
epigraph & elegy [s]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 8:03:39 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Throughout the exchange, Gavin has schooled his expression into appropriate levels of surprise and horror as is sucked into — some place else, and Katherine with him.

What the hell is she doing?

Arguments break out when they return, and the wisest of folks flee the scene before they can be caught in the crossfire. Gavin remains. His civilian phone vibrates in his pocket, and he glances at it to see 's number.

'Katherine happened,' comes the reply.

He does not miss the mention of Giratina, nor 's insistence that the plates do not belong to those who had retrieved them. His grip tightens around the IRON PLATE, and he makes a note to keep a close eye on it.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
epigraph & elegy [s]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 8:22:52 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

Well this was unexpected to say the least, as it turns out the music that has been playing this entire time was that of Perish Song. His worry over his Meowstic becoming his biggest priority as he did not handle crowds well without them. Not ones he needed to interact with. For now all he could do was return Salem to his pokeball as the rest seemed to continue on even if they were incredibly suspicious of . No longer willing to participate because she has clearly made it that trusting this group in any capacity wasn't the best thing to do. [break]

: "The Original One breathed alone" [break]
The Red and Lime Green plate fit together and seem to connect

Then just when you think this group couldn't be more colorful another Gym Leader decides to appear. Claiming to have found her shard in a different realm? That seemed odd but he made sure to note it down anyways. Surprise hitting when suddenly she disappeared with one of the others. "That's an avatar power right?" Razz questions just loud enough for to hear him, not that it needed any confirmation as magic like this was somethings hes only seen in avatars so far. And of course need to disable their current pokemon so this whole situation was just great... [break][break]

Again Razz writes down some notes, taking in 's comment of 'Giratina' allowing him to take the educated guess that this was who it was held. And it looks like she used her abilities to steal the plates from the big guy. Zac? Or something, it was a good thing he decided to keep his plate back home as he felt a picture and his ditto would be enough for here. For now all he could really do is watch things unfold.

[break][break]

+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#3E7E96;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
epigraph & elegy [s]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 15:38:17 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
EPIGRAPH & ELEGY - EPILOGUE

Long after the lines are drawn, after the script has played out, Chryssa sits alone in an empty pew.

The congregation is gone, its members dispersed. She doesn’t know how long it’s been— maybe minutes, maybe days. Her hands are folded in her lap. She does not tremble. All is still.

“You’re still here.”

She speaks suddenly.

“I’m surprised. Didn’t you get what you wanted?”

“I suppose not. We didn’t solve any mysteries. We didn’t reach any conclusions. Not that everyone would accept, anyway.”

“Were you watching the whole time?”

“Or did you only show up for the finale?”

Silence.

Moving stiffly, as if she'd been sitting for a long time, Chryssa stood up. “That’s fine. You don’t have to answer. You never do.” She fitted the Creation Trio scepter back into the table of communion, letting stone slide back into stone. “I just want to know if this was part of your plan. If this was what you expected when you gave us the plates.”

She held onto the staff for a moment, tilting her head to look upwards at the stained-glass window. Resplendent, the eye of Arceus looked back at her.

“You don’t care, do you? What they do. What I do. It’ll all be the same in the end.”

Silence.

“Well, I won’t believe it. I’m not going to play along in your plot just to see what will happen. And don’t you dare say I’m not a player.” She let go of the scepter, turning away from the deity's image. She returned her fainted Pokemon from the alcoves, then closed her eyes, composing herself. 

“I’m not dead yet. As long as I'm alive, I still have a choice.”

A gust of warm air rippled the hem of her dress, smelling of ozone and fresh kindling. She breathed it in. Exhaled. Opened her eyes.

“And I choose war.”

The glass blew inwards, shattering into a thousand pieces of light as the Church of Arceus exploded.

FINAL POST: TAGGING

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
History repeats itself—first as a tragedy, then as a farce
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
epigraph & elegy [s]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2021 21:32:34 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
A small spark can start a great fire.

Valerio was mostly away during the events of the congregation. Even when he also received the same invitation that acquired himself, he let the other man take the initiative to compare their plates to the ones others managed to excavate. But he was there—appreciating all the humility that the Church of Arceus had to offer with its rustic and modern looking.

For he had his own agenda.

Although, it goes to say that he did not just act in his own accord. A lot of his teammates has probably heard of the idea too, especially the ones who were playing it cool at the meeting.

The goal was simple: retrieve the relics that were unearthed from Hoenn's pits and any information regarding such. did a good job doing so after displaying much of her newfound powers but Valerio doubted she's acting alone on Rocket's best interests. So although the task, on his own end, was deemed impossible, Valerio went after the next best thing than stealing other people's plates—pilfering the mysterious scepter.

The time it took for him to go around, analyzing the ins and outs of the facility and figuring out an approach necessary to help achieve his objective, was crucial so that when everyone has already decided to leave he can already fulfill his task.

But not everyone left.

That is why will find herself trapped in an orchestra of explosions, the last one howling with the other as they send shards of what is once an image of Arceus crumbling inside the religious abode. The giant flame consumes the structure, and anyone who are still inside will have to struggle to find their way out. Any attempt at trying to salvage objects will be found futile as the redhead has already got what he wanted.

In the following days, Hoenn will realize that a nondescript church of little following won't probably make the news being razed by fire if not for the circumstances that preceded the accident. He understands doubts will be casted upon the people gathered in the late of night, especially to the Rocket's own plant who demonstrated hostility in what is supposed a simple meeting. But even with her display of animosity, there is no sufficient evidence to actually pinpoint who obliterated the church.

Valerio understands that this could mean a political sacrifice, but if this is something that can serve as an aspersion to the League, it is a sacrifice he is willing to make. Cast more doubts on the organization. Let the people's unrest grow bigger with the flames.

After all, a small spark can start a great fire.

SOCIAL: EPIGRAPH & ELEGY

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,778 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
epigraph & elegy [s]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 0:49:56 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]