luka chêne
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 6:18:28 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Having said her bit, Luka settles back as @oliie speaks again and the other rangers discuss the Wilds. She doesn’t have much of her own to add to this conversation, but once again hangs back and feverishly takes her own notes. However, she does catch the small acknowledgement from , and offers him a smile and a little wave in return.[break][break]

A rocket…a defector, but still. She can’t help but be reminded of and his betrayal and the ache it’s continued to leave behind. The ghost of a frown settles on her lips but she wills it away just as quickly. She doesn’t want Rowan to get the wrong idea— her ire isn’t with him.[break][break]

Though a moment later he speaks the Calcifet name aloud and for a moment Luka thinks he’s managed to somehow will her ex into existence. She freezes, the grip on her pencil tightening, but quickly realizes he’s talking to instead. That’s better, though not by much, and Luka sighs as she sinks back into her chair and starts writing again.[break][break]

Some of the information is very relevant to Project Sapphire, some less so. Luka considers bringing up her own encounters with Cresselia and the lunar wing she owns, but ultimately decides against it. It no longer seems relevant to the conversation, and most of her leads have already dried up. Besides- and perhaps it’s silly- she doesn’t want to seem like a try-hard. It feels mighty self-important to stake some kind of claim over a legendary.[break][break]

However, and ’s discussion has her sitting right back up in her chair again. The descriptions they give are vague, but strike a chord with her.[break][break]

”Was it like…tall and purple?” she asks, sitting up a little straighter. ”And saying some oddly cryptic stuff?”[break][break]

So much has happened since then that she’d almost forgotten. But although she struggles to remember every detail the broad strokes are still there. ”I met them once too, I think. In shoal…cave? They were looking for, erm…a-a Titan, I think they said. But I have no idea what that means.”

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,399 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON May 8, 2023 6:28:00 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
On the topic of the rifts, Shalin had quite a bit to say, as well. "Like my colleague Elite Ranger Devlin, has tasked me with exploring the rifts. The first one she tasked me with going to was just a few miles from my home. Though I report to Verdanturf, I actually live off-grid in Petalburg Woods." It was a humble abode carved out of an extremely large, hollowed-out tree. Perhaps it was the largest tree in the entire forest.

"I have to deal with one of those Arceus-forsaken rifts just a few miles from my home. Beyond it was an arid, barren, sandy landscape that was blistering hot in the day and freezing cold at night. It was far worse than anything I've ever seen in the Great Desert. It was filled with obelisks and rocky structures that seemed to be remnants of an incredibly advanced civilization. It was almost like those hidden temple action adventure movies, where they explore ruins where everything out there wants them dead."

She moved on to her second trip. "Then I went into the rift by Dewford. It was a place where time itself seemed to be visually slowed down, and even Pokémon that couldn't fly could... fly. For an idea of how... alien it was, I was riding on my Beedrill there, and I could see her individual wingbeats. It was like her wings were flapping like a small bird's rather than a bug's. Even I could fly for some reason, almost like the air itself was dense enough to swim through. If you've got one of those fancy suits, it's highly recommended you wear it."

Next, she described her trip through the Quaestor Lucis. "After a few trips through what was a... Megaporian? Did I get that right?" she stumbled about her words. "Whatever that M-word is, we looked inside a crashed ship, and it was full of these weird Pokémon unlike anything I've ever seen before. And this was the most terrifying part."

From within her backpack, she procured two Pokémon eggs. She cleared off a large section of the table around her before pulling out a thick cloth that made a squishy sound when she set it down. She removed a hand clamp that held the four corners of the cloth together, revealing two disgusting, slimy-looking Pokémon eggs: one of a Poipole, and one of a Buzzwole. "I've had this egg for two months and this one for just over a month, and neither of them have shown any signs of hatching. I don't understand why. And that's my report."

{WC: 436}
{PC: 5}

- Shalin infodumps her experiences in Ultra Sea and Ultra Desert.
- Shalin shows her Poipole and Buzzwole eggs to the Rangers.

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Rielle         Vaporeon**      Good
Piccolo        Noivern         Good
Queen Zing     Beedrill**      Good
Serena         Persian         Good
close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 4:48:35 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rowwt"]
[attr="class","rowwtw"]"Of course." Rowan replied to 's request, offering the man a small smile that quickly faded at the mention of . Leaving Team Rocket had been a difficult decision, one that left Adrian to pick up the pieces and possibly the punishment since he'd chose to remain among the criminal organization. It was for the best that the two of them didn't maintain contact until things died down, not wanting to earn the ire of either of their chosen factions for associating with one another. "I've not heard from him." He was unable to sound anything less than melancholic, despite his best efforts to come across as neutral on the subject.[break][break]

The discussion of tracking down legends was one that left Rowan conflicted, primarily due to his own association with one. Suicune hadn't been seen since it had saved him from certain death at the hands of , and the last time he'd felt it's presence was in the Burned Tower of Ecruteak. To say he had a lead on the Legendary Pokémon would be disingenuous at best, not even sure if he was still found worthy by them.[break][break]

Until there was a development on their relationship, it was best kept to himself for the time being, not wanting to drive false hope among his new comrades. Perhaps it was time for a visit to , if anyone had more information on Suicune, it'd be him.
[attr="class","rowwttag"]@rangersrising2 [break][break] TLDR: Responds to Callan, ruminates about detailing his potential connection to Suicune, decides to keep it to himself for now.

[attr="class","rowwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.rowwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt b] color:#f8a42c; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt a] text-decoration: none; color:#f8a42c!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #f8a42c; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; adrian-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #f8a42c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #f8a42c!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #f8a42c; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #f8a42c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #f8a42c; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rowwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 19:33:18 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars had a feeling—that a lot of people in the room had secrets of their own. Asides from the rest of the information that and had already shared, everyone else was mostly either mulling over something or contemplating something else.

“Look, if anyone—if anyone wants to go to Shoal Cave, just. Just give me a heads-up in case you want to travel deeper into the underbelly. The upper levels are safe, however I would highly advise against going to where the icy parts of the cave are—for now.”

Until this little ‘situation’ with the Iceborne Mirage is fixed.

Oh , where had you gone off to? (Sigh.)

Either way…

“Send in your reports as soon as you can, we need to compile everything together and make it accessible for everyone in the Rangers. , let me know once the tech’s ready to be rolled out for everyone to field test and the like. I have a feeling… I have a feeling we’re going to need it real soon.”

And with that, he sat down again, listening to his troubled thoughts. For once, only hearing his own voice in the back of his head… that was… really, and truly scary.

• last words for the meeting in general
• asks the bigger Josh to send updates when the tech is good to go

@tags mentioned up above

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,315 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 7:43:54 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]RANGERS RISING 2

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

RANGERS ONLY
SOCIAL EVENT
ENDS TENTATIVELY MAY

FINAL ROUND

gives updates on the state of both the Silent Icelands and the nearby Littleroot. Soon, others offer their help as well, and Ollie finds himself nodding alongside with them.

[break][break] "Thanks, Kolya. We should get a group soon over to the Silent Icelands — and of course, anyone else who wants to get groups there too! We should try to investigate, help out the wildlife, or maybe see if we can melt that ice."

[break][break] Others also speak up, including both and , who describe their own interactions with mysterious pokemon there. Shortly after, people also begin to discuss their experiences in the excursions.

[break][break] After the fights at both Mt. Pyre and Littleroot, rifts had opened up all over the region. It had caused Leaguers to be dispatched into the rifts for exploration.

[break][break] Both and describe their experiences, with the prior noting that the beasts found within were to be noted as the pokemon of RUINATION.

[break][break] "Agreed — we should be careful going into the Borders, but also going into any of the Rifts. Since it's all relatively new, we should be careful in exploring them. Also don't stay too long, unless you have a Sygna Suit."

[break][break] Over the mysterious purple feline that and the others experienced, it's who decides to speak up.

[break][break] "Look, if anyone—if anyone wants to go to Shoal Cave, just. Just give me a heads-up in case you want to travel deeper into the underbelly. The upper levels are safe, however I would highly advise against going to where the icy parts of the cave are—for now."

[break][break] After all, if there was anyone who knew about Shoal Cave, it would be Articuno's patron.

[break][break] "Right! Just as Head Ranger says, send in your reports as soon as you can. And if anyone in the meantime hears anything about the Icelands or the dangerous pokemon in the rifts — send a notification to the head office immediately."

[break][break] Ollie clasps his hands together, grinning as he steps up to the front of the room.

[break][break] "Unless anyone has anything more to say... this meeting's over. Feel free to take a burger or any food with you to-go! Or just mingle around if you guys wanna catch up with one another."

[break][break] The Evergrande Captain looks over to the two Head Rangers and — he knew they weren't the best of friends yet, but given that this meeting went better than the last one... he had hopes for their future.

[break]

I. Important Announcements [break]
II. Meteno 99943, Aftermath & General Updates [break]
III. Project Sapphire [break]
IV. The Wild Expeditions & The Silent Icelands

GUIDELINES

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • all rangers are invited to participate in this event. if you play a ranger captain, attendance is strongly encouraged!
  • you can post multiple times per round, but be mindful of all participants
  • all details of this meeting will be trickled down to normal ranger channels so don't worry if you can't participate!
  • this is a relaxed event! you can join at any point during the meeting, as well as participate in as many rounds as you want

[break]
RELEVANT EVENTS
[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • ranger rising (aug 6th)
  • meteno 99943 (nov 18)
  • the wilds expeditions (began late nov, ongoing)

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px; } .invvs { margin-top:-15px; } .invvs span { font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,939 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 6:22:20 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"...And that's the exact reason I need to return there," Josh responded to . "The more we can learn about these Pokémon of Ruination, the more prepared we will be for such an event. Like I said, I don't want to go back there. But I have to." His gaze turned away from the Elite Four member and toward the Rangers at large. " , if you're comfortable going, I don't think it would be the worst idea for us to take a trip to The Border and investigate further. This applies to anyone else possessing even some familiarity with the Pokémon." He also had a score to settle with himself. With his own hatred.

Josh echoed 's point. "As someone who has been tasked with exploring all of the rifts on 's behalf, I cannot recommend this suggestion enough. And even then, a Sygna Suit makes you far from invincible. My suit actually took quite a lot of damage during my encounter with the snow cat Pokémon. If your suit gets punctured, it may as well be you don't have one at all. Once it gets back from the shop, I'll be going back into the rifts."

With that, Josh stood up and started scooping up perhaps more than his fair share of the leftover food. While it would be a long trip back to Mauville City, and it wouldn't taste quite as good reheated, it would save him quite a bit of money on meals... and he needed to pinch pennies where he could until he could get his full Gym Leader pay back again.

- Josh tries to get a team going to re-enter The Border.
- Josh reiterates the importance of Sygna Suits in the rifts, including that they're not the be-all and end-all.
- Josh leaves and takes probably too much food with him back home.

{WC: 269}
{PC: 6}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Raikiri        Zeraora         Good
Braver         Arcanine        Good
Resheph        Dragonair       Good
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
rangers rising 2
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2023 4:37:29 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]RANGERS RISING COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@rangers