Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,633 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2022 18:37:33 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Their choice proved correct as Steelix and Elinor rumbled onward. And for a brief moment, they thought themselves in a safe fourth place.

But then passed them, offering them a good-natured rib along the way.

She leaned in as a competitive grin spread. “Are about to let that challenge go unanswered?”

Steelix roared in reply to Elinor as it continued onward trying to catch up to the three-headed bird. Now unfortunately racing for the win would mean forgoing the opportunity to jump one last time. But such sacrifices had to be made sometimes.

And so Steelix descended down the slippery slope intending on plowing Pokémon and obstacle down in pursuit of victory.

tzP3B5Ej

SPEED STATS: Speed B / Endurance C / Reaction B
TLDR:
- Takes The easy path (Target Nr. 105 (endurance) )

@gottagofast

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]·
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
angy houseband
civilian
дождь крови
awards
5,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2022 18:58:57 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He looked longingly at the skies.

He was falling further and further behind, and his luck the previous few laps wasn’t all that scratch… was he conceding? Well, much as he wanted to… the front of the pack looked so far ahead now as compared to his current position.

“Let it be known now we tried,” he said to the Galarian Rapidash, who snorted in reply.

If there will be another race, I hope it’s in the skies. I am completely and totally out of my element here down on the ground! he thought angrily as he realized what was coming up. This was going to be a tricky obstacle, considering that there was just a thin strip remaining due to the rampaging of the two rock snakes that were in the race…

“Let’s go out with a bang, huh?” he hissed, ducking his head down low as he lashed the reins, urging the unicorn to go faster.

K3ANJjHM

Speed: C
Endurance: B
Reaction: B

taking the second target number (105)!

@tag

·
close tab

played by

Gina

Firecracker
He/him
August 22nd
Goldenrod City
Bisexual
Pokéathlon Athlete
Rising Star
my howling heart is yours
to do what you will
6'2" / 187 cm height
6'2" / 187 cm height
don't dry with fakes or fears, 'cause you will hate yourself in the end
awards
249 posts
part of
TAG WITH @toshiaki
Toshiaki Macallan
CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2022 5:47:34 GMT
Toshiaki Macallan Avatar
[newclass=.avatar]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.avatar img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","toshiaki"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

The final stretch! This time Toshiaki and his Pokémon go for broke. He orders the Arcanine to prepare a BOOST power. Arcanine’s enter body blossoms into a flurry of flames as she uses FLARE BLITZ to pick up speed down the steep slope. Shortcut! The sheer power and speed make quick work of the debris attempting to get in their way. [break][break]
TLDR: Took the slope route. Used a BOOST accompanied by FLARE BLITZ to blast through any debris blocking the way. Using Target number 1 (125 - reaction)[break][break]
FjrX7g8R

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagged"]#

[attr="class","pokebody"]

[newclass=".toshiaki"]--accent:#dcb37d;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background:#181818;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .top"]background: url(https://i.ibb.co/NKHtfxr/image.png); height:360px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .main"]border:1px solid var(--accent); margin:30px; padding:30px 50px; color:#eee; font:11px 'Roboto'; text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .main b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .toshiaki .main i { color:var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .main .avatar"]float:left; border: solid 9px #272727; background:#272727; border-radius: 3px; margin: 1px 15px 1px 1px; height:90px; width:90px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .bottom"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; padding:5px 10px; text-align:right; position:relative; overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .bottom .tagged"]float:left; font:bold 20px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; color:#181818; position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .bottom .tagged span"]text-decoration:none; color:#181818!important; font:20px 'Poppins'!important; font-style:italic!important; transition:0.3s all; letter-spacing:-2px!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; font-weight:500!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .bottom .tagged span:hover"]text-decoration:underline solid; color:#fff; transition:0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".toshiaki .pokebody img"]height:35px; background:rgba(250,250,250,0.2); border-radius:100px; padding-bottom:8px; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:400,500,600,700]
···
close tab

played by

galaxy

Werewolf
He/Him
November 10
Fortree
Gay
Gym Challenger
Rocket Elite
Nicodemus Unken
Taken
107 height
107 height
Homie better put your pride aside I’m a Benz and you’re more like a Volvo
awards
315 posts
Matt Vice DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @galaxy
Matt Vice
CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 21:03:43 GMT
Matt Vice Avatar
After he sped off, honestly... eh, Fuck it. Matt jerked Nana's reigns and slowed, waiting for Nico to watch up before he would look at his boyfriend. "Come on, let's just enjoy it, right?" He laughed, he had been all in his head in this race due to an unwanted guest, so honestly now he didn't care. He had his love and he didn't seem bothered, so why should he?

He would follow his route, striding along with the Gogoat without a single care in the world. "After this we're goin' out to eat and smoke." he laughed towards his partner.

g9SslS4T
tldr
mostly
·
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 21:57:49 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

Chester was able to clear the gap, but that didn't stop and his Arcanine from catching up to them with blinding speeds. Still in 9th place, but she and the Champion were neck and neck (or necks, given Chester's unique anatomy). Now, they faced a unique obstacle carved out by the huge snake Pokémon on the track. What was once an obstacle that Chester could leap with ease had broken apart into an obstacle course. Julia had to pick fast: Did she try to play to Chester's strengths despite the greater precision needed, or did she take the lower path and contend with the debris below?

[break][break]With not enough time to judge just where she should approach the ramp from, Julia opted to steer Chester down the slope. If all went well, they could make up some time by jumping over the debris.

[break][break]
8zQEYYI0

[attr="class","juliatag"]@silphcup

[attr="class","julianotes"]

notes.

[break]speed: b
[break]endurance: a
[break]reaction: d
  • taking target number 2

[attr="class","juliapokes"]

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia i] color: #d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliaw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julia span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliapokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]·
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2022 0:50:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the arcanine just doesn't stop. even if the course they were heading to now was drastically changed compared to what it was the earlier lap, the surprise doesn't seem to faze the fire-type as it kept going.

the momentum retains, and the arcanine doesn't show signs of decelerating. paws keep on hammering against the ground, tongue lolling in the air as it revels in the moment like the dog that he is.

any sort of ache is patched temporarily by morning sun. it's clear that the fire-type was pushing itself voluntarily, though kyle knows that it's just the thrill and adrenaline that makes the arcanine forget about its fatigue.

at the last moment, the arcanine takes the leap from the ramp.

tl;dr
  • arcanine uses morning sun to forget about fatigue
  • uses momentum to jump across
  • target 2

ocFUDATR

Speed A
Endurance C
Reaction C

@tags

·
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2022 4:04:37 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

The speed of the race was incredible. Kjoll stuttered not more than a moment, and racers passed them with a whoosh. Undeterred, he raced onwards. The slide was a tempting option, but the debris at the bottom promised a slow down that they could not afford.

Despite the danger of sliding off, Kjoll snaked his way over to the ramps, hoping his airborne crashing would shake things up for the racers without falling himself.

Za_wc6pt

TLDR: Kaida and Onix use the reaction obstacle!

Pokémon: {Kjoll} the {Onix}

Moveset: {Stealth Rock, Rock Polish, Dragon Breath, Curse, Protect, Ancient Power. Has Z-move Living Wall!}

Ranks: {Speed: D Endurance: B Reaction: A}

·
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,327 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2022 8:49:02 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

Seems like the track wasn't able to handle the weight of the two large pokemon both and were riding. Part of him wondered why such large pokemon would be allowed if there was a chance at all that the track could break underneath their race. Oh well hopefully those in charge had plans in case such damage was done. For now Razz just pats his pokemon on the head. "You're doing good Cobalt, keep it up," he cheers them on as Metagross keeps up at a surprisingly quick pace for a pokemon like them. [break][break]

The psychic pokemon focusing more on ENDURANCE rather than reacting to what was going on around them, as it had seemed to be the best course of action so far.

M9OApUYO

[break]

Cobalt the Metagross

psychic, Agility, ice punch [break]
flash cannon. magnet rise. stomping tantrum

Speed C | Endurance B | Reaction B

[break][break]

+ @
[break]+ Target 2

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#387bc9;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]·
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,365 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2022 20:45:54 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Debris?[break][break]

Debris!?[break][break]

Fuck debris![break][break]

With a solid lead, Buffaloman's stamina building back up, and the momentum of a downward slope backing them up, Isaac knew exactly how he wanted to kick this last leg of the race off. They were heading into the climax, and the only thing standing in their way before the final stretch was a teeny-tiny bit of debris.[break][break]

This wouldn't stand. "Show that debris what you're made of, Buffaloman!" Isaac cheered, pointing dramatically towards the way onward. Buffaloman let out a war cry, ducking his head down and picking up speed. The telltale shimmer of a Zen Headbutt pulsed around his head as he let pure momentum carry him onward.[break][break]

First, the debris. Next, the whole damn race![break][break]

ZH3TuIJe

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST / M-M-M-M-MEGATHREAD

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
·
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Officer / Gym Leader / INTERPOL
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
I've known you for a lifetime.
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,324 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2022 0:35:10 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP

Eat my dust.

"Dear me, that was close, innit?!" Yelped the blonde man as he and Llamrei just barely managed to stay in the race, eyes wide open at the the vast gulf between him and both second and first place.

Unless a miracle happened and both of those ahead of them seriously screwed up, their chances of winning were not particularly great, unfortunately. Worst yet, after such a prolonged race, Llamrei had precious little left in the tank.

If there was still a chance for them to manufacture a miracle, it needed to be at the perfect moment.

Swallowing hard, the man hugged the back of the mare tightly and grasped at the reigns, directing her towards the steep slope full of debris.

"Hold fast! We can still win this!" He whispered encouragingly at the mare, patting her neck.

They needed to keep their spirits high!

tl;dr:
-GOING FOR TARGET NUMBER 2
_KJ81DkM

Llamrei
Speed S (50)
Endurance C (20)
Reaction D (10)

·
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,328 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2022 2:18:51 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had touched down on the other side of the long chasm, his Manectric cutting a large corner and getting him back in the thick of it. This late into the race, it was so unusual to see the field so tight, his mouth wide open beneath his helmet as he saw , , , and going four-wide with seemingly no fear at all. That, perhaps, was an unforeseen advantage to reining up something ae large as a Steelix: while they didn't have the raw speed of a feline or canine, they had the right-of-way by virtue of their sheer size and strength. He was still trailing behind 's Arcanine, which was not unexpected. There were very few Pokémon that could defeat Arcanine in a contest of pure speed, and almost all of them were among Arceus' Most Sacred Creation... including the one Josh desperately wanted to meet and fight alongside.

He would have all the time in the world to daydream about that after crossing the finish line. For now, there was still a race to win. While and were out of sight, he was at the back of a huge battle for third position. While it was technically two separate battles, one for third and one for seventh, they were happening in close enough proximity that it may have been easier to lump them both into one. He and Saber had their eyes on the Director and as they rounded some tight corners leading to the big jump, Josh having to start his turns quite early to avoid sliding outside.

The Gym Leader rolled his eyes when he saw the tail-blade-shaped hole in the ramp they had launched off of the previous two laps. He had to petition the PRF to ban overly large Pokémon, such as the Onix line, from events in the future. This would not be a cheap repair job, and it would make the upcoming leap a lot more treacherous, as those weed patches were still there to slow him down if his jump was off. Then he remembered that steep slope he had to have added to accommodate the giant snakes in the first place. There was nothing in the rules saying he couldn't use that slope himself. "Saber, stay centered!" Josh ordered, taking one hand off the reins to give his Pokémon a gentle pat. The two shot down the hill at full speed, going between the fragmented pieces of ramp on the edges and sliding down the steep slope that followed, Josh guiding his Pokémon around debris that had been lodged into the slope!

npk|YXSo

tl;dr:

- Josh is impressed at the four-wide after he lands from the big jump.
- Josh wants to daydream about racing Raikou but snaps out of it. There's time to do that after the race.
- Josh keeps his Manectric steady and slides down the steep slope meant for Onix and Steelix rather than risk crashing out due to poor footing.
- TARGET NUMBER 2 IS CHALLENGED.

·
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,767 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2022 4:20:05 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Perhaps they were more of a ‘last lap’ kinda team! They probably couldn’t make the front of the pack, but they seemed to be doing better than earlier in the race.

Soon, the duo would face another formidable challenge. The crater filled with debris would prove to be a difficult jump. Hestia could play it safe and dodge debris along the bottom or make an incredible jump to avoid it.

Eva bit her bottom lip, contemplating whether it would be wise to play it safe before the final stretch home.

The blue-flamed Rapidash answered the question for her, snorting in determination. Her fiery mane danced at Eva’s fingertips. Eva gripped the reins, nodding in time with the Rapidash’s resolve. She trusted her pokemon, “Let’s do it, Hestia!’

Sapphire flames burst across the equine’s form, engulfing them both in a brilliant blaze. Hestia and her rider shot forward in a burst of speed fueled by the FLAME CHARGE to leap across the crater.

Going for Target number two with their last boost!! Go big or go home! YEEEEEHAAAWWWW!!

yjvFklPq

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]

SPEED: B
ENDURANCE: C
REACTION: B

···
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,328 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2022 6:53:34 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

MAUVILLE CITY
MEMBER-LED EVENT
STARTS MID-OCTOBER
ENDS TBD DECEMBER

[player]https://fi.zophar.net/soundfiles/nintendo-gamecube-gcn/f-zero-gx/224b%20-%20ZEN%20%28Aeropolis%29.mp3[/player]
🎼 THEME SONG - ZEN ~Final Lap~ - F-ZERO GX OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK

MAUVILLE CITY [break]
Multiplex [break]
Difficulty: ★★★★☆☆[break]
COURSE RECORD: 04'17"208[break][break]

BATTLE FOR THE BRONZE

THE BACKSTRETCH LOOKED MORE LIKE A WORN BATTLE COURT than a race track, the giant snakes' punishment making the already challenging leap far harder than it needed to be. While the worst of the debris field was at the bottom of the slide, there was still plenty of it for those who chose to have their Pokémon make big leaps to also choose their landing points carefully. Unbeknownst to the field, the spectators, and the rest involved in the race, this event would be used as a future case study in what necessitates the red flag to be flown.[break][break]

WHILE and WERE COMFORTABLY AHEAD of the field going down the ramp, the Shiny TAUROS lowering his head and crashing through the makeshift hazard with his ZEN HEADBUTT, the battle for the final podium spot was growing more intense by the moment. and his RAPIDASH, maintaining a steady gallop despite its dwindling stamina, made the charge to the course's lower level. His pat on the neck gave the Fairy-type equine a second wind, sailing off the broken center of the ramp and safely across the impact zone the metal snake had created on the first lap. Not far behind them was what could only be described as racing pandemonium.[break][break]

DOUBLE TROUBLE

TWO GROUPS OF RACERS and their Pokémon rounded some of the course's sharpest corners three-wide, not giving an inch as they raced down the large slope, the ramp at its end broken. , , and were deadlocked in a battle for fourth position, the two ARCANINE fighting the STEELIX for the ideal spot to make their jumps or slides to the lower level. The young PokéAthlete wasn't giving this up without a fight, though! Reckless abandon filled both their minds and hearts as they bravely ascended the ramp's left edge that was barely wide enough for them to run up! Even the slightest mishap mid-FLARE BLITZ, difficult to control under ordinary circumstances, would cause his Pokémon to fall! took a different approach. While the bright lights illuminating the track against the night sky weren't the best source of MORNING SUN, their warmth relaxed some of his ARCANINE's fatigue away. The fire-type dog had to briefly yield to the STEELIX, leaping from where the slide began and letting the momentum from their reckless, but successful, EXTREME SPEED seconds before carry him to a safe landing next to the golden serpent.[break][break]

AND HER ONIX WERE FAR MORE DARING, taking advantage of and his DODRIO misjudging the hairpin turn prior to the ramp. The giant rock snake was sandwiched by the two flightless birds controlled by the standing Elite Four member and , all three of them in a close battle for seventh position. The two battles may have been one larger battle, with the two groups running three-wide within a split second of each other. Anyone just tuning into the race could have easily thought there was a recent restart after a yellow flag, but it was far from the case. It was just that close. Kaida showed astounding aggression, swerving toward the right sliver of ramp that remained, forcing Julia's DODRIO to yield. With a loud thud, the rock snake landed and expanded the impact zone that and her Steel-type had created, adding a slight amount of distance from the two Flying-types behind her. That distance would be short-lived, though; the DODRIO were quick to recover and surround Kaida and her ONIX once more coming into some tricky turns![break][break]

WHILE THE REST OF THE FIELD had a long way to do, the final positions of the remaining racers had not been decided yet! The backstretch still had many tricky turns, strips of rough, gravel-filled terrain, a slick section of track, and even the shells of exploded EGG BOMBs to dodge! Gym Leader and his MANECTRIC led the back half of the pack with solid lines made easier to execute by the lack of traffic around him, but and her RAPIDASH were hot on his trail! Their FLAME CHARGE made the Shiny Pokémon quite visible as a reflection on his visor. Having cleared the crater, the two were gaining on him. Fast. and his own RAPIDASH were closing the gap also; while the Fortree Gym Leader had given up for a moment, his Pokémon did not give up on him. The Fairy-type was giving this one everything it had. Though there were some close calls in the field of debris, once they had room to run, the Galarian Pokémon took off after her Kantonian counterpart. Even the lovers and were competitive with one another, the Ranger's complacency about his current position and wanting the race to be over giving the GOGOAT's rider an opening Nico planned to take full advantage of. The Grass-type's strides matched the rough terrain perfectly, surging forward on every small dip and bounding over every hump. Perhaps the grass-type did have a talent for racing, after all![break][break]

THE HOME STRETCH

THE CHECKERED FLAG WAVED OVERHEAD, the starting arch's display congratulating racers on their finish. The race itself was not quite over, though! Even in the last few hundred meters, positions could easily change, especially with races so close! With , , and headed down the final straightaway three-wide, as well as , , and locked in a three-wide of their own, there was no telling how things would end until all the racers crossed the finish line! If there was a time for the Pokémon to go all-out, it was now! One final push to the end was all that remained, the gallery roaring in anticipation![break][break]

FINAL LAP - OBSTACLE 3

PROMPT: The downhill home stretch was all that remained, an official standing near the starting arch and waving the checkered flag. There was little risk of an accident on this straight sprint to the finish! Now was the best opportunity for the teams of racer and Pokémon to give it everything they had![break][break]

TARGET NUMBER: 0 (Speed)[break][break]

SPECIAL: None[break][break]

STANDINGS

[break][break]
If you cannot view the image, please click this link to view full size![break][break]

INSTRUCTIONS

PLEASE HEED THE FOLLOWING RULES. Failure to comply with these rules may result in the failure of your character's actions or the disqualification of your character from the race.[break][break]

The Silph Cup Guidelines can be referenced here.[break][break]

Before you post, you must lock in your Pokémon, moveset, and rank selection in the sign-up thread.[break][break]

You can only use ONE MOVE at a time.[break][break]

Please include a TL;DR (too long; didn't read) OOC note with a summary of your character's important actions, including whether or not a Boost move is being used.[break][break]

You MUST ROLL THIS ROUND. Remember, a roll for this event is two [ roll ] commands. If you are using a Pokémon move with the intent to Boost, make sure to use four [ roll ] commands, separated by a delimiter of some kind.[break][break]

Missing too many posting rounds will result in YOUR CHARACTER'S DISQUALIFICATION.[break][break]

You may only POST ONCE THIS ROUND.

DEADLINE

DECEMBER 2 - 11:59 PM CST (9:59 PM PST)[break][break]

NOTE: The moderator post may not come immediately after the deadline.[break][break]

The following characters have missed one or more previous rounds and will suffer a penalty if they miss a second round: [break][break]
[break][break]

TAGS

[break][break]

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,255 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2022 8:22:10 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"you're letting me down here, 3head."[break][break]

the elite four's disappointment is palpable as he watches the other participants overtake him, dropping him all the way down to ninth place. from here, he can practically see and behind him — not where he wants to be in this race![break][break]

"tch."[break][break]

whatever.[break][break]

"finish this."[break][break]

3head's AGILITY engulfs them as they charge towards the finish line.[break][break]

VMJhvaSp [break]

[break]

notes:[break]
- please...

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-dodrio"]

[newclass=".sixeyes"]--accent:#5d464e; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .sixeyes blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

···
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,767 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
CHASE FOR THE SILPH CUP
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2022 4:47:51 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Was that . . . in front of them? Eva peered past the blazing blue of the Rapidash’s mane after they landed the difficult jump. Hestia had performed with absolute precision! If there were 3 more laps, Eva was certain they’d be able to make their way to first! Unfortunately, all they had was the straight away.

“This is it! Take us home, Hestia!” she gently drove her heels into the mare’s side for encouragement. As long as they could catch up to , she’d consider it a win. He’d never let her live it down if he beat her.

Should have saved a boost but WHATEVER.
YEEEEEHAAAWWWW!!

pFt3qa_u

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]

SPEED: B
ENDURANCE: C
REACTION: B

·