Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,519 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
RAID: STAIRCASE SCHISMS
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 5:37:13 GMT
noah faber Avatar
initially, the gym leader resists the order with his eyes, but he knows 's right. now, his body begins to recognize the pain of electrocution. movement highlights his agony's tracks that run across his muscles with no regard for the rules of simplistic organization. he cringes. closes his eyes.

he opens them again when noah's bouffalant lows and shakes its wet hair upon @doug's greeting. regardless of the impending tragedy, the gym leader takes rest against the tough hide of his bull until arrives.

there is no pokeball to recall bouffalant after all. that treasured carrier rests in ' hands now.

NumyDgXk

tl;dr

- rests with bouffalant on level 1

@raid

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,789 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 8:23:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]RAID: STAIRCASE SCHISMS

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

DEATH ENABLED
POSTING SPEED: 2 DAYS~

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_qx2tyk3Oqo1yrg70yo1.mp3?[/player]
[break][break]

DEATH

THE LIEPARD IS PIERCED by GIRATINA's CROWN as it fiercely defends its trainer. In its brave moment of selfless love, the Pokemon reveals an eternity's gratitude. Its lithe purple body grows limp on the crown's golden tip as disappears, her fate left as a cold unknown.[break][break]

is left to witness the tragedy alongside . While the former drastically searches for their sibling within the morbid mayhem, YVELTAL and 's MEGA GARCHOMP raze any straggling League OFFICERS or RANGERS near their position in a violent vengeance. Their level, as it swings back to its original position, is lit brazenly with the fierce powers of a god. 's GENESECT slows, its battery alarmingly low.[break][break]

[break][break]

For some time, TEAM ROCKET would be unable to find . The cold silence that follows 's leaving casts doubt on the girl's survival. Her Liepard's body remains, a bloodied splotch on the white Sootopolis stone. A preemptive report rests on the tongue's of Rocket. , the Rocket Operative, and her Liepard: KILLED IN ACTION.[break][break]

LEVEL 2

WITHIN THE SPOUT, conflicts are wrestled against the dizzying whirl of water. The pillar of sea begins to descend slowly like uncontrolled clay on a pottery wheel.[break][break]

allows himself air, the PSYCHIC just strong enough to create an air bubble for him. Arrows pierce through the waters as fires from above— but the man must contend with the shifting Sootopolis as his level turns and adjusts elevation.[break][break]

Several arrows are torched by 's HEATRAN as the hero's GOLURK attempts escape. As his PHANTOM FORCE expands closer to and his SWAMPERT, 's TOGEKISS manages to press on the advantage the Underboss has with his POWERS. The Underboss and disappear into a METRONOMED PHANTOM FORCE and reappear by , and . In the meantime, is successful in gathering the man's belongings.[break][break]

[break][break]

Before tends to his own nose with his SLOWBRO, his LUDICOLO summons an EARTH POWER to forge an EARTHLY BARRIER around 's fallen MACHAMP. Around them and the newly materialized Alolan, a DARK SANDSTREAM billows. As 's DARKRAI, LUCARIO, and GARDEVOIR fend off incoming LEAGUE OFFICERS with their myriad of attacks— she eventually forces any last retaliation away with her terrifying prowess.[break][break]

's DRAGONAIR and YANMEGA strike at the EARTH POWER WALL with powerful winds— while 's GOLISOPOD suddenly materializes near it. Like a samurai unsheathing its blade for an invisible, decisive strike, it strikes the wall harshly as ' METAGROSS employs its TELEKINESIS. At first, it struggles as visibility lowers thanks to the SANDSTREAM. Occasionally, a strong light will pierce this darkness ('s body). However, 's ORBEETLE manages to assist with a potent G-MAX GRAVITAS, causing the rock to finally crumble. and will manage to escape— however, the MACHAMP's lifeless body is a cumbersome weight.[break][break]

THE SPIRE

AND make their move. The COUNCILMAN does not speak as leaves via the PORTAL; however, discreetly, the ADMIN's STARMIE uses SPOTLIGHT on , casting him with a glow.[break][break]

drops his shard into the spire as the whole structure quakes from 's attacks. High above, his MANECTRIC fires a Z-MOVE: LORD OF VERMILLION against the upside down tower. Bolts of lightning crash into the building, slamming sight with blinding light. SACRED ASH conjures other beasts, and they too, alongside a cataclysmic combination of 's Pokemon, destroy a vast majority of the SPIRE with an endless series of EXPLOSIONS. Sootopolis is briefly lit up by the sheer destruction. Clouds of dreadful smoke waft up into the night sky as the water geyser peels away.[break][break]

[break][break]

When the smoke leaves, the SPIRE is destroyed: a husk of what it used to be.
[break][break]

emerges above the SPIRE after deploying 's shard too. As he releases his SWAMPERT, his PHEROMOSA readies its TRIPLE AXEL. Still, a delayed bolt of THUNDER and whip of SACRED FLAME arc toward — the SPOTLIGHT attracting their attacks...[break][break]

[break][break]

The stone-clad MEGA SWAMPERT and PHEROMOSA strike through the smoldering tower. They whip through one hoop and slam into the spire— smashing through flame and broken glass before striking the PRIMAL SHARDS. They disappear through another portal before the SILVER SPIRE and its A PART OF ITS RUINS is engulfed in another blinding light. It disappears. Teleported somewhere thanks to the shards— but where?[break][break]

SURVIVORS

@izzy

THE CITY BEGINS TO FIX ITSELF. After the KYOGRE's DEPARTURE, is left to contend with the fate of his wife; however, he does not dally. His SALAMENCE MEGA EVOLVES and in a fierce rush, he charts a course for and the leviathan. would follow too, hoping to stick by his friend for as long as possible as the seas churn dark below. Visibility is low. This late at night, the ocean is a dark, dark grave. Behind them, attempts to follow— but they would find that it is a futile attempt to trace something so deep...[break][break]

, as CRIMSEN, THE VIGILANTE, would reveal for themselves via the power of FUTURE SIGHT, the odd vision of a tall tree surrounded by water.[break][break]

While returns home on his RESHIRAM, he assists those still attempting to escape. His mount descends like an angel in the night among chaos. flees the city on his VOLCARONA, the poor boy exhausted and overwhelmed to the point of unconsciousness. On the outside perimeter, @izzy witnesses SOOTOPOLIS' REARRANGEMENT. Eventually, the city is filled with the cheers of TEAM ROCKET and TEAM ROCKET SYMPATHIZERS. The League has been routed. @izzy would witness a nearby YVELTAL wreaking havoc on those who dare to oppose it.[break][break]

[break][break]

Eventually, would find herself TELEPORTED back. It is an abrupt phasing. Tossed back into the realm, she appears by some rubble among a reformed SOOTOPOLIS CITY. After reorienting herself, the Rocket would eventually reunite with and her LIEPARD, finding the time and space to mourn.[break][break]

Although 's PRIMAL SHARD does little in the CAVE OF ORIGIN, 's and 's SHARDS HAVE ACCOMPLISHED WHAT WAS ASKED to a relative degree of success. A part of the ancient ruins falls into SOOTOPOLIS' BAY; however, where the SILVER SPIRE ONCE STANDS, the physical space begins to fidget, as if glitching...[break][break]

KYOGRE

FREEDOM. UNTETHERED. UNBOUND. UNBROKEN. That is what Captain testifies within this dark stomach. Her voice almost echoes. The Kyogre cries, its piercing call a haunting song. Suddenly, around , red lines begin to illuminate walls of KYOGRE's BODY. They glow hauntingly, casting an infernal hue across her face.[break][break]

[break][break]

Although the KYOGRE does not speak, a feeling is communicated:[break][break]

FREE ME...

[attr="class","chosen"]YOU ARE WORTHY
[attr="class","chosen2"]
kyogre has chosen . the tempest, as their avatar.
[break]

receives the following perks:
[break]

• skyler receives 10 infamy.
  • skyler can effectively "waterbend" and is able to control water to an extent. able to summon smaller waves, water jets, spouts and whirlpools, kyogre's avatar possesses mastery over the element. furthermore, skyler can summon AQUA RINGS to heal herself or her allies— or have them explode to harm others.
  • skyler can breathe underwater.
  • skyler possesses the ability to regenerate or heal by water. ocean water is the most effective for her regeneration; however, should skyler venture far inland or faraway from the ocean, she will start to become physically weak.
  • skyler may potentially have the kyogre undergo PRIMAL REVERSION should she use the BLUE ORB— but doing so without preparation may be life-threatening...
  • skyler's pokemon become increased in strength when near water or the ocean.
  • feel free to add kyogre to your party and choose its moves like a gachapon pokemon.
[break][break]

As power is bestowed unto her, is spat back out into the seas alongside her DHELMISE. Red markings appear on her skin that glow once complete. Within the depths of Hoenn's seas, KYOGRE stares at her, awaiting her command.[break][break]

Should they reemerge, , and would be able to find her.[break][break]

MAP & OBJECTIVES

PLEASE CLICK ON THE SPOILER TAGS to open and read the following sections.[break][break]

UPDATED MAP

No map this round! So sorry![break][break][break][break]

GUIDING OBJECTIVES

THE FOLLOWING OBJECTIVES are the final objectives of the raid.[break][break]

• ROCKET: reclaim Sootopolis as it reforms.
  • LEAGUE: escape and flee with the rescued citizens.

DEADLINE

FINALE WILL BE POSTED SOON!

Congratulations on making it this far! Feel free to post once more- but the finale will be posted very soon, including raid rewards! As a note, you DO NOT NEED TO ROLL this round.[break][break]

It would be helpful if you let me know if you plan on posting before the finale! Just let me know via a tag in the #staircase-schisms channel on Discord! Thank you.[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,857 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 11:22:47 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
As the League forces around them are finally routed and forced to fall back, Gavin finds he can't celebrate along with the rest. Victory is muted by an overwhelming sense of loss, of failure.

Rocket comes before all else... but such dedication does little to soothe his grief.

"We'll make them pay for this. Make her pay."

Cold words spoken over their comms are meant for , though other Rockets would doubtless hear the solemn vow.

After Lugia descends to allow Gavin to slip from its back, he turns to his siblings, amber eyes first meeting those of before finding in the chaos.

"You did well," carries the weight of I'm sorry.

A hand placed on his brother's shoulder might look to anyone else like an underboss commending his subordinate for competence on the battlefield but it's the heaviness behind his eyes that betrays Gavin's truth. Rowan had never wanted to kill.

Fear keeps him from straying too close to his counterpart in ; scars left from the bite of blades remain fresh wounds in his memory.

With the city settling back to its unaltered state, Gavin's gaze is drawn to the gap in the horizon where the Spire had once stood. He swears he can see the air shimmer or glitch if he stares too long. To those Rocket sympathizers that remain around their haggard group, he speaks:

"Today you've witnessed the true cowardice of the League. What they can't control, they'll destroy. But what they set to ruin, we will rebuild."

Trust me, the hypocrisy is not lost on me, Gavin's indoctrinated.

Gavin, exhausted, wants only to sleep.

A fresh spike of adrenaline rouses him with the sound of 's voice.

Serena's alive.

Relief saps the strength from his limbs, and Gavin's grateful for Lugia's support as he leans against his legendary partner.

"Thank — thank fuck." Then, fierce. "We'll still make Katherine pay."

At last, finally able to taste the sweetness of victory on his tongue, he sets about the colossal task of helping secure the city in Rocket's name. Eventually, he'd send a simple message to Declan Walsh: Sootopolis is ours.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,450 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 12:14:01 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar

the aftermath concluded against the league reclaiming sootopolis. kyle is likely to blame it to someone else since his assignment was somewhere else if he cared enough.

he left the beasts on a rampage. besides the tower, they eventually back up kyle's turmoil into bringing the entire sootopolis into ruin. ho-oh had since then left.

kyle exits the same pokemart he got out from during the start of the operations, this time with a popsicle on hand. payment was left as it was before.

sitting on the ground by the pokemart's doorway, he takes out his phone and dials 's number. he starts to question his own priorities as he waits for someone to pick up on the other end.

his pokemon all huddle around the champion as he waits for the other end to pick up, all while the beasts are out destroying the background, leaving the pokemart particularly untouched.

tl;dr
  • entei and friends continue to destroy
  • kyle contacts noah's number

@staircase-schisms

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 17:25:36 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING @staircase schisms

[attr="class","pokkenger"]
a black hole appeared on one of the roaming hills overlooking the city as it was burning and outstepped pokkenger and his falinks as he returned his golurk who had been busy carrying everything belonging to Balder. as the city was in shambles the pokkenger did his best to keep his spirit from crumbling around him like the city. a lot of weird stuff happened and losing balder of all things was a really low blow. the two might not look to have a close relationship with one another but he was a sort of inspiration for kazimir at the very least. "don't worry...i'll take care of your partners for you. and...i'll keep looking for ya. rocket can't have taken you too far right? ain't no where they can hide from pokkenger!"

with that he gave a punch to the sky as a sign that he wasn't going to go down like this, hoenn still needed its hero to fight off the darkness that others couldn't reach, so it was time to get to work.

[newclass=.pokkenger b]font-weight:bold;color:#44d4e4;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 17:51:19 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Who knew that fucking insanity was going to work?!

Initially, Ro struggled because of reduced visibility—however there was an assisting force in the form of ’s timely appearance along with their Pokémon.

Eventually, Lars looked over his shoulder to see that Ro did manage to secure the Machamp, however he was struggling under the weight of it.

“Ro, don’t give out on me now! I fucking swear, he said, biting his lip before deciding fuck it, the Metagross was going to need the last burst of energy in order for them to get the hell out and away from Sootopolis as fast and as far as possible.

Tapping the ring on his right index finger despite himself, a rainbow burst of energy surrounded the Metagross before transforming into his Mega-Evolved form.

“Is that better?” he said, weary. Shit, who knew that fighting not one, but possibly two avatars on the Rocket side was that taxing?

‘You’re exhausted. I never thought you would actually do that with the power I gave you!’

‘Well, you said you couldn’t create a fog, you left that to me!’

‘Still, you’re an idiot. However you’re a worthy idiot of my powers.’

‘Thanks. No, seriously.’

Turning to where he saw fly off into the night, he tapped the ear piece again, and sent her a message, “If you can, drop by Verdanturf. We need to regroup there. Let me know if you can make it.”

Absently, he dug out his phone and scrolled to the same ‘Wayfinders.exe’ group he’d tried to contact several hours ago and saw that there was—no reply from either one of the other three.

‘If and when you’re free, can we like, meet somewhere? A lot of fucking shit went down in Sootopolis and I kind of need someone who’s not people I know from work to talk to. I’m fucking stressed. I’ll pay for the food and the alcohol if you’re all game.’

This he then sent to the other three (, , ) and wondered if ever he was going to get any answer.

Lars out, Ro is carrying Cobra the Machamp. Also sent a message to a certain bunch of people.

@releveant ppl tagged in le postie

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 18:03:39 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
To Kim, he was always in the spotlight, be it by force or otherwise; for all eyes to fall on him was a given, and he relished every minute of it. So when the Starmie’s SPOTLIGHT had shown upon him, it was given no credence, the councilman taking it as little more than a glimmer in his eyes.

But flashbacks of the passing interaction were forced into his mind as attacks came hurling his way, the councilman giving a light huff as he opened a hoop nearby, the Swampert clawing at the ground to stop its momentum and rushing back to its trainer on all fours.

With his index and middle finger pressed to his earpiece, Kim gave a command, turning his back as the attacks launched his way.

Attention all league personnelle-

The bright flash of attacks smashed into the PROTECTed back of the mega Swampert, the pokemon hunching over the councilman and taking the full brunt of the attacks as jagged stones crumbled to the ground.

This is Councilman Cole speaking. With the dying down of the current chaos I ask all that remain within Sootopolis' borders to once more prioritize the safety and evacuation of any and all civilians that remain within the city. Disengage any hostile forces unless they directly present a threat in your given duties. Backup will be arriving as soon as possible, so for the moment, continue to secure and protect.

After returning the Pheromosa, another hoop opens before him, Kim switching to private comms as he steps through to meet with his Torterra, the Swampert following after; huddling together with the Torterra cozily.

That goes double for avatars, , , : I saw your ass, get back here, and… oh shit. Anyone got eyes on ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ღ mega swampert uses PROTECT to cover kim

ღ kim gives the all call for all league folks to focus on protecting and evacuating the remaining citizens

ღ hoops over to the location his torterra amd are

ღ points out the avatars he saw and asks if anyone sees balder

yVrjVf3s
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 18:09:40 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Electric injury can affect the central nervous system. the victim might become dazed or experience amnesia, seizure or respiratory arrest.
The psychic imprint of what his Kadabra was able to seer from the presence of the deities about was seared into his brain.

Vertically expanding flora, singular.
Water marking its rooted boundaries
other symptoms may include headaches, muscle spasms, numbness or tingling, problems with vision or hearing, burns and rarely, hallucinations.
The psychic imprint of what his Kadabra was able to seer from the presence of the deities about was seared into his brain.

He could practically smell his own mind burning, forgetful that he himself had been left smoldering some handful of minutes ago.

He saw things (yveltal, reshiram) about the sky that defied reality while something new and nonsensical fought for space in his brain and subconscious.

Tsukuyomi was intrigued by all he saw, sensed and telepathically discovered. Things Sénon would be glad to know when his brain stopped expanding from being blown and then possibly damaged and then blown again.

A Kadabra could process what was happening for a human it was too much.

When it felt like his brain was going to pop from an overload of extreme stimuli he began to pull off his helmet only for Tsukuyomi to follow the Crimsen protocols TELEPORTing the man away before the helmet came off.

● tags: @staircase raid

actions breakdown

in-disguise; flying on AMATERARU
(just beyond the AIRSPACE of Sootopolis)

CRIMSEN HAD A VISION!
Tsukuyomi used TELEPORT!

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 18:39:25 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
", going dark." With what bit of strength Balder has left, Chu-e watches as the man gives one last defiance in breaking his communicator. The tentacle would find it's way around his neck again, squeezing tight, the man of steel forced to be flesh and blood once again. Chu-e wouldn't let him have air till the other was fully unconscious. Any last eye contact or otherwise between Balder and is missed by Chu-e. It's there, just not something I'm comfortable expanding upon, and so Dri and Mad can have that moment later.

(Above part of the post co-signed by Dri, who is in a power outage and can't post himself.)

When Balder finally fell limp, Chu-e slowly pushed himself up to his feet.

Crystal shifted over his skin, slowly sinking back to wherever it had been hiding before.

A tired look was shot to . His fingertips twitched as he looked at the other, craving, but thanks to the feast he had gotten it was kept down for now. It wasn't enough, nothing would be enough, but for the moment the worst of the hunger pains were sated.

"Decker, Cross, Delarosa. Status." One couldn't forget about their team, even if his thoughts were frenzied. Chu-e needed to make sure , , and were still safe. He would wait to see if they responded, what they said, before clearing his throat and speaking again. A more general order to everyone still listening.

"Stay steady. Continue to flush the League out of the city. Protect the citizens who want to stay. Don't interfere with those who want to leave. Just because shit's looking good doesn't mean we can rest on our laurels till this is over."

There was a quick check of his pokeballs when he was done, a quiet 'fuck' muttered under breath.

"Flint." Spoken up, sudden, if she were still around. "Can you help me transport him back to base?"

- Since Dri's power is out, I asked him in DMS if he wanted to say anything in particular
- Balder talks over the comms one last time and smashes his earpiece (Dri Approved)
- Chu-e chokes him unconscious
- He checks on his team then sends a message out to the rest of rocket
- Asks Lulu for help transporting Balder
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,373 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 20:10:44 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
While Darkrai and Lucario remained away, continuing to push back opposing forces, she only barely heard . Her eyes were still on and . For the first time since the chaos Genesect had inflicted on the submarine HQ, she witnessed the underboss’s transformation. This one was far more terrifying.

Whatever monstrosity lived in him returned to his body, and she felt her breath hitch when he addressed her. Beckoned her close to help. For a moment, she merely stared.

Then, wordless, she nodded. The telepathic bond that she shared with her Gardevoir would summon her over to help TELEPORT them wherever they needed to go.

Her hands shook against Balder’s unconscious body, but her eyes, almost unblinking in terror, never left Chu-e.

Many would sleep too long and heavy after such a day. Others would lose it, racked by the trauma of what had just occurred all around them.

Lulu wouldn’t sleep a wink, as usual. Instead, if she was able, and granted she was not consumed by whatever demon she had just witnessed, she would likely spend the evening watching over their newest captive from the shadows—still utterly silent.

TLDR:
* Lulu hardly hears anything anyone says; too shocked by Chu-e's transformation
* Agrees to move Balder via Gardevoir's TELEPORT at his ready
* It's assumed Lucario and Darkrai will regroup and return later, considering Rocket has presumably taken the city

close tab

played by

Banished

Ro
He/Him/His
April 14th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Ranger
Ex-Rocket Beast
shelter
from the storm
492 height
492 height
It's a long way forward, so trust in me.
awards
1,693 posts
Rowan Wrynn DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @row
Rowan Wrynn
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 21:00:13 GMT
Rowan Wrynn Avatar

They’d won, despite all of the odds against them. This should have been a moment of celebration for their victory over the forces of the League, but Rowan could seldom find satisfaction with what he’d done. “You did well.” A familiar voice and gentle touch shook him out of his disassociated state, glancing towards Gavin from the corner of his eye. “Yeah, thanks.” There was only emptiness behind his words, despite futile attempts to inject life into them.

addressed the crowd of sympathizers, leaving him to slip away unnoticed, returning his Pokémon to their capsules as he slid into the shadows between two buildings. A hand reached up to pull off his mask, tossing it aside with the rubble, feeling as though he could finally breathe for the first time since the battle started.

Violent churning in his stomach resulting in Rowan spewing what was left of his stomach contents on the ground, tears streaming through the dried blood on his cheeks, pattering gently against the floor.

He was no better than the rest of them now.

A murderer.
close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 21:10:02 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar

Ugh. Honestly, she kind of hated it when the ranger training came in handy. But she did not reject it. First, when she and her Pokemon managed to dodge a freaking mega Pokemon overtaking them like, ironically, a rocket. She had seen one before, during the tournament. This was probably a juiced up Salamence. Did not look healthy, but she barely got to see it as she held onto her Togekiss for dear life in the backdraft. Had to be some league dude. Those were always not very mindful of civilian air pokemon when they believed they were on some kind of mission.

Still, she did hold on, and she persevered, as they surged into the night. Naturally, the Kyogre had taken to the waters already in a splash big enough to cause another miniature water sprout to emerge. It otherwise vanished.
Violet knew that she could not follow this. Not truly. Probably did not want to follow a potentially hostile Kyogre underwater, either.

Then, what the heck was she even doing here? Hovering a good distance over the waters, she asked herself that. It was dark, she was out of her element, and she had no real idea what was going on. “Darn,” she said to herself, as always not bringing herself to properly swear.
Then, she took a deep breath. First, reconnaissance, figuring out what was going on. And step one for that was restoring at least a semblance of visibility. “Blanket Fairy Wind. Not strong, just flashy, wide area,” she ordered her Togekiss, recently improved competence showed. It was not an attack designed for this, but at the very least, she could drown the immediate area into pink light for a little while. Maybe that would help seeing anything important.
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 21:52:15 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
i have a need of crueler waves
they sicken of the calm, who knew the storm
FREE ME...

She's released into moonless depths to the sudden rush of unmitigated power. Oxygen is mercilessly dragged from her lungs, escaping upward in precious bubbles that get lost to the darkness. 

Skyler barely feels the desperate burning in her lungs, inconsequential against the rising exultation and horror that burrow into her ribcage. The ocean crashes against her bones, bursts through her veins, nestles within the crevices of her mind. Blurring the edges. She is water and tides and Skyler and storms and riptides and captain and terror and tidal waves and hunger and - 

No, no, no, no. Too much. Too much.

Her mouth opens in a cry that slips, unheard, into the frigid ocean. Inviting saltwater into starved lungs. 

A contract is breathed into being under the primordial gaze of an ancient leviathan, tinging the waters with twin markings the color of blood. 

Skyler Dross takes the sea into her lungs. But she doesn't drown.

Moonlight bathes the drenched shape of one Captain Skyler Dross, resurfacing into existence on the curved edge of her Dhelmise's anchor. Harsh coughing overtakes her, torso bent into too-calm waves as ocean water is spewed from her lungs, no longer welcome. 

The markings have long since disappeared, leaving behind no trace of their existence. But the captain can feel them still, simmering with intoxicating power that lies just beneath the surface - should she reach for it.

She isn't aware of the skybound figures which might be approaching her, mind still lost in the undercurrents that churn, fathoms below. 

TLDR
- skyler is now an avatar. AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
- that's it 

outside sootopolis
MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 22:07:55 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,angeloevent]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
& the air

[attr=class,lyric2]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
was full of

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
various storms and saints…

[attr=class,bulk]
[break]Angelo gives himself willingly to dark depths. Trading the vantage of the skies, his world, when he finally sees that glimpse of a beacon in the night – calling to him. [break][break]

Numb to cold waters the pilot leaps from Eltanin’s back and does not stop swimming until he reaches . [break][break]

No doubt she’d be able to hear his heart hammer violently against his ribcage – spluttering to life, whole again – as Angelo yanks her sodden form close; rough fingertips pressing into the back of her neck, entangling in familiar, untameable curls. [break][break]

Suddenly Angelo can sense the bite of the ocean. Can feel the sharp pains in his chest, his pulse thundering as if it’s trying to break through bone casing. How his mind swirls a kaleidoscope of white and blue and black. That he’s shaking, but not from the cold. [break][break]

He presses his lips to hers; relieved, furious, greedy, loving… Reassuring himself and perhaps her, too. Not like he’d say or ask. [break][break]

The fuck is wrong with you?” Another kiss punctuates the gravelled yell, swallowing answers and her taste like he’s oxygen starved; clumsy as water is tread. “How did you—? Are you—? ... Did you know you're the biggest pain in my ass I've eve—” [break][break]

He’s cut off not by another meeting of crushing lips, but from a tuft of feathers brushing past, instead. [break][break]

Latias nudges her face between them, softly crooning, unable to hold herself back when the emotion pouring from her guardian trickles down their psychic tether. Nor able to resist approaching the captain of whom she was fond, the feathers upon her crest now damp where she affectionately bumps against Skyler’s cheek. [break][break]

The Eon legendary does not show hostility or caution and for that, Angelo’s muscles loosen. Just the slightest. [break][break]

But as he tenderly presses his lips to Skyler’s forehead and even beyond that as daybreak creeps, an ocean eye would remain sharp, watching the swells of the tide. [break][break]

White teeth would burn persistently behind Angelo’s retinas for a while longer yet…

[break][break]

[break]

notes;[break][break]

[/ul][/div]
    [attr=class,bottom-text]

THE OCEAN

SOOTOPOLIS RAID

[/div]
    [attr=class,angeloeventcredit]
    template by punki

[newclass=.angeloevent .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.angeloevent .accentborder, .angeloevent .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.angeloevent .accenttext, .angeloevent .bulk b, .angeloevent .bottom-text span a]color: #9babc3;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.angeloevent]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.angeloevent .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.angeloevent .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://i.ibb.co/pP57p3X/latis.png');[/newclass]
    [newclass=.angeloevent .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
    [newclass=.angeloevent .lyric1, .angeloevent .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.angeloevent .lyric1 div, .angeloevent .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.angeloevent .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.angeloevent .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
    [newclass=.angeloevent .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.angeloevent .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.angeloevent .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.angeloevent .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.angeloevent .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.angeloevent .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.angeloevent .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.angeloevent .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.angeloeventcredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
    [newclass=.angeloeventcredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
    close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
    He/They
    September 20th
    Vermillion City, Kanto
    Homosexual
    Postman
    Civillian
    Single
    295 height
    295 height
    wage war on gravity
    awards
    1,080 posts
    part of
    TAG WITH @locke
    Locke Jamison
    POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 22:58:29 GMT
    Locke Jamison Avatar
    [attr="class","charactername"]
    226 for raid
    Locke almost cried out in frustration when suddenly dived back towards the sea below them. He was wet, and freezing, and exhausted, and he just wanted to curl up in a dark, quiet corner of a Pokécenter and disappear.

But he followed his friend into inky waters, because what else could he do? Tini-Tini, for his part, did his very best to keep his trainer above the waves, but Locke still found himself up to his shins in the cold sea, and his eyes squeezed shut as he tried in vain to suppress the shiver running through his body.

When he opened them again, it was to the vision of fully submerged in the ocean as he clung to . The scene was so desperate, so intimate, it sent felt what little heat Locke’s body could still muster straight to his cheeks, and forced his gaze away from the private moment and back where they’d escaped from.

The crater Sootopolis had made its own was but a distant shadow now. There was a soft orange glow of firelight emanating from within, but they weren’t entirely certain at the moment whether that signaled a victory for the League or Rocket. But as they watched the pillars of smoke rise and disperse above it, something colder than the surrounding water clawed at their chest.

They sneezed.

tl;dr
    Locke lands in the water a little ways away from and .
    Baby got a cold.
    [attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
    [newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
    [newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
    [newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
    [newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]