awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
♡ LOVE CONTEST [BC]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2022 20:56:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

This next round was… going to be more of a doozy than the previous. While he’d managed to get away with the shenanigans last time, this time was going to be… harder.

“Look, you two,” he remembered giving the two idiot Wooloo his ‘pep talk’ before their turn came up, “…I know you’re both wacky, but it’s time to turn up the wack factor to eleven. Like, I am at a loss on what your talent is. Asides from Will pissing Smokey off like all the time.”

Their little Wooloo daughter trotted over and poked both her dads with her own tiny heart-shaped snout, as if to wish them luck.

“Now, just get out there and make me proud.”

Smash-cut to the two-Wooloo parade on-stage; Alexei was absent—but only because he was going to be commentating from the back stage!

If there was one thing he could bank on, it was these two knowing what to do just by hearing the sound of his voice.

“I will admit, it took ages for Smokey to warm up to the fact that he was, well, head over heels with Will over here,” he began, and while the normal Wooloo bleated loudly and proudly, the shiny one just rolled his eyes and pretended to raise his own front paws in a “what am I going to do with you” gesture.

“But Will, being Will, just continued being himself. If there’s one thing that we aren’t afraid of, it’s being ourselves.”

And in classic William and Smokey shenaniganery, the two began to ‘argue’ on the stage; only the way William was laughing as Smokey tried to corral him in with a pointed look made the normal-colored Wooloo ‘laugh’ all the more, suddenly flopping over on his back and wiggling his limbs up in the air while Smokey attempted to get his partner standing up again.

The two Wooloo, while creatively ‘arguing’ on stage, also managed to slip in a Guard Swap (William) and a Guard Split (Smokey) in succession; both so subtle it was almost missed unless there were keen eyes watching them on-stage.

Eventually, William managed to roll himself upright again, and in a complete reversal of events, was the one to nip Smokey on the ear instead!

“Well, well, what do you know? How the turn tables,” Alexei cackled as he re-emerged from the back stage to give a bow.

William the Wooloo used Guard Swap! (Clever; shows off the Pokémon’s appeal about as well as all the moves before it this turn.)
Smokey the (shiny) Wooloo used Guard Split! (Clever; shows off the Pokémon’s appeal about as well as all the moves before it this turn.)

@tag
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
♡ LOVE CONTEST [BC]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2022 5:30:53 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Temp sees his score for this round and watches all the impressive combinations and appeals... hmm. He thinks he is maybe a little out of his league! But, that's okay! As long as he has fun he'll be just fine! Plus, this was all about getting the name of his conservation efforts out, anyway! So, Temp wheeled his big glass tank back out with confidence! Even if he had no idea what in the hell he was doing!

"Life in the ocean is hard, even for pokemon the conservation keeps an eye on!" This time, the tank had been outfitted with hand-made decorations; they looked like other pokemon, exaggerated and cartoonish. "Sharpedo, Huntail... these are dangerous for little fish! A lone Feebas and a Luvdisc without a shoal? Even when you love each other, you need to work together just to stay alive! Sometimes in creative ways!"

The Feebas and Luvdisc were in the middle of the scene, both huddled together and appearing frightening of the wooden 'enemies' in the water... however, the Feebas suddenly starts to emit a cloud of Toxic. It spread in the water, uncontrolled. However, the Feebas wasn't alone. The Luvdisc let out a Supersonic. In the water it acted differently- making the water shift and waver. This included the toxic cloud, which took a shape- a large purple heart.

The 'heart' happens to sweep over all the wooden props. When it touches them all, they all pop open at once to fill the tank with water-safe glitter. The couple curl together again in the middle of the glitter heart, their enemies vanquished.

- Feebas used Toxic - Brings down the energy of any Pokémon that have already used a move this turn. (3 Hearts)
- Luvdisc used Supersonic - Makes audience expect little of other contestants. (3 Hearts)
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
♡ LOVE CONTEST [BC]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2022 6:28:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar

talents in the battlefield would not be viable for this competition. kyle has to improvise, given that most of their training was just concerned with flexible use of moves.

"Courting often takes talent," kyle states as his intro. he walks up the stage, while both of his pokemon race out from behind to take their space just further away from their trainer. "and more often than not, it's magic."

he steps away, clapping as a signal to dim the lights. a nostalgic theme song of a children's film is played in the background.

in the middle of the stage, the plusle glows softly with charge. it jumps up and down as it acts cute in front of the audience, running in an erratic manner around the stage.

as it gets closer to the minun, it grows brighter until its illumination gets the minun inside the picture. plus and minus come in contact again, with the rising lumen levels matching the bright smiles on the pokemon's faces.

"it's the getting to know part, and when one's shares itself to the other."

the plusle exerts itself, maintaining the glow it had. it releases sparks, with the glare it produces causing it to appear as fuzzes akin to fairy dust.

the minun walks forward, holding the hands of the other. electricity was shared from one to another, and before long, lightning spreads from their feet to the ground.

the two count verbally, with their pokemon noises, and on the third one, they jump-

-and never landed for the rest of the show. holding hands, the plusle and minun soar the air, flying like it was their nature to fly. a trail of sparks were left on their wake, mirroring a starry night with the dimly lit contest hall.

"and that's how it all started. with a little bit of magic," kyle ends, with a little cheeky anecdote.

minun used magnet rise - clever
plusle used charge - clever

@tags
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
♡ LOVE CONTEST [BC]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2022 7:26:36 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[break][break]

As Luka and her team reappear onstage, they aren't struck by a sudden, jarring spotlight. For a moment, the only visible light is the gleaming eyes of her Pokemon until a backlight slowly draws focus to the pair of Eeveelutions, mimicking the slow rise of the sun.[break][break]

"Espresso has passed Latte's test with flying colors! But alas, that's not the end of their trials. For who says love is easy? Love takes time, and love takes work. And it's time for the darling sun to make her appeal to the moon."[break][break]

The crowd waits with baited breath to see what awaits these star-crossed lovers next.[break][break]

"While the sun blazes, the moon can't shine. And how can the sun pass on her love to the moon after it sets beyond the horizon? How can the moon know that she's thinking of her, always? Our clever Espeon must find a way to express herself."[break][break]

Latte's eyes begin to glow, radiating a soft violet as she concentrates. Espresso, meanwhile, slinks back into the shadows. The focus remains on Latte's calm expression while she manifests every ounce of tender affection.[break][break]

[break][break]

With a soft cry, the Espeon begins. Her forked tail waves in the air like a painter's careful brushstroke. But what is she painting? The audience cannot see her work, save the occasional sparkle that seems to linger after each wag of her tail. The movement is graceful, almost like a dance as Latte leaps about the stage to create her invisible mural.[break][break]

Finally, she comes to a rest, and seems pleased with her invisible work.[break][break]

The lights onstage begin to dim, and Espresso emerges once again. This time, her eyes adopt the same violet shade, manifesting a Psychic power clearly inspired by her beloved's.[break][break]

[break][break]

"What is it?" Luka asks the crowd. "What can the sun provide the moon once it's already set?"[break][break]

Under cover of an artificial night, a glow of psychic energy reveals the gift: a cluster of stars in a perfect replica of Espresso's elegant form. They twinkle brightly, a constellation made just for her. Latte is a talented painter, and Espresso is delighted by the outright declaration it makes:[break][break]

You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars.[break][break]

The starlit painting remains suspended in midair, allowing the audience to admire it before the stars burst into a shower of stardust, a glittering display to end the round.

[break]

Espeon used Calm Mind[break]
Category: Clever (can avoid being startled by others once)[break][break]
Umbreon used Psychic[break]
Category: Clever (quite an appealing move)[break]
♡ Combination used! ♡

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; background-image: url("https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/442846760642281472/943215238206079026/IMG_2303.gif"); background-size:200px;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,.9); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]

close tab

played by

castaway

remi
she / her
thirty
december 9th
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
poacher / smuggler
rocket beast
paralyze me
169 height
169 height
kerosene hearts carry the name that my father gave me
awards
543 posts
Remi Cassel DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @remi
Remi Cassel
♡ LOVE CONTEST [BC]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2022 18:57:49 GMT
Remi Cassel Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","RCsiege"]
[attr="class","RCtop"]

[attr="class","RCmain"]

Admittedly, the bright light that swivels to meet them is blinding at first. Remi lifts a hand to squint through the spotlight before offering an awkward wave to the crowd. But once their camera shy jitters have subsided, the two cute and cuddly partners walk hand-in-hand to meet their sponsors.[break][break]

"Now, contrary to what you might see here now, these two were as hot and cold as oil on water-- or something. One minute, they seemed like they were friends, and the next, they were fighting like cats and dogs! Or an old married couple."[break][break]

She gestures now to the pair of them, allowing them to steal the show. Teddiursa begins by walking up to the pouty, grumpy feline, holding her hands together cutely while blinking up at the kitty with wide, sparkling eyes. It's clear that she was trying to CHARM her friend, but failing in the face of the Meowth's unfriendly GROWLS.[break][break]

And then the two bounce across the stage in an interpretive dance that honestly probably means nothing. But they borrow some of what miss has taught them as they chase each other around the room. They perform leaps and bounds, brushing each other but never touching-- until at last, in the end, Meowth gives up her pouty expression and gives in to Teddiursa's adorable charm.[break][break]

"Friends fight, but best friends make up in the end. Their 'courting' period never seems to end, I almost think they like being swept off their feet."

[attr="class","RCbottom"]

[attr="class","RCname"]remi cassel

[attr="class","RCsubtxt"]KEROSENE HEARTS CARRY THE[break]
NAME THAT MY FATHER GAVE ME

[attr="class","RCpkmn"]

[attr="class","RCcredit"]
milky

[newclass=.RCsiege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; background-image: url("https://i.pinimg.com/originals/64/7b/5b/647b5bb09fb06e2cfaafaeb1d49ad46a.gif"); background-size:200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.RCsiege] --accent:#796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.RCsiege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=.RCsiege .RCtop] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=.RCsiege .RCmain] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; background-image: url("https://img.nickpic.host/uEzUoc.jpg"); background-size:150px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.RCsiege .RCmain b] color: #bbaed6; [/newclass]
[newclass=.RCsiege .RCbottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.RCsiege .RCbottom .RCavatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.RCsiege .RCbottom .RCname b] color:rgba(0,0,0,0.5) [/newclass]
[newclass=.RCsiege .RCbottom .RCname] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.RCsiege .RCbottom .RCsubtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 10px 'roboto'; color:#000; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:30px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.RCsiege .RCbottom .RCpkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.RCsiege .RCbottom .RCpkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=.RCsiege .RCbottom .RCpkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=.RCsiege .RCcredit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[break]

TEDDIURSA used CHARM [Cute]

startles Pokémon that made a same-type appeal.

[break]
MEOWTH used GROWL [Cute]

the appeal works great if performed last.

[break]

COMBO EXECUTED
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
♡ LOVE CONTEST [BC]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2022 23:00:34 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","contestBG"]
[attr="class","CUTE"]
[attr="class","contestRibbon"]
[attr="class","contestHead"]
[attr="class","contestIMG"]

[attr="class","contestLogo"]

[attr="class","contestAnnouncer"]
[attr="class","th th-quote-down"]

[attr="class","contestAnnouncerText" style="margin-left:0;margin-top:0;"]

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/940433181600006205/944728281930924112/Ariana_Grande_-_Be_Alright_Official_Album_Instrumental.mp3[/player]
Be Alright - Ariana Grande (Instrumental)

[break]

One by one, the contestants step upon the stage with their pokémon, their unique talents being showcased. Now that introductions have occurred, there’s no commentary between performances, each one of them being left to speak for itself. It’s Mars that stands on the stage at the end, a bright and perfect smile being shot at the audience…
[break][break]
”Talk about a challenging round to judge! Those were some spectacular performances, and since this round is all about TALENT, I think there’s no one better than our surprise guest judge to give you the scores this time around. Give it up for Hoenn’s favourite idol, Sootopolis’ own gym leader, Miss !”
[break][break]
As Mars began his introduction that led into the guest judge, a familiar song began to play in the background that many people in Hoenn knew by heart. It was then that on the stage a single spotlight shone onto one girl, her all too iconic hair grabbing everyone’s attention easily. As the chorus for one of her songs played as she took her rightful place on the stage next to Mars and waved to the crowd. “HOW IS EVERYONE FEELING TONIGHT?” she shouts into the microphone as she then points it towards the crowd to hear some cheers and rile them up.
[break][break]

“I’d like to take a moment to thank for inviting me to guest judge this contest, as you know I dabbled a bit in contests in the past and so when he invited me to do this I JUMPED at the opportunity to lend my hand in this. Those were quite some performances you all made so let’s not waste any time and get right into it!”

[attr="class","contestPokemon"]
[attr="class","contestPKMNHeadBG"]

[attr="class","contestPKMNHead"]

[attr="class","contestAppeal"]
APPEAL

[attr="class","contestAppealIMG yes"]

[attr="class","contestAppealIMG no"]

[break]
"This couple pairing and the performance put on really showcases how their love is what let them survive in this world. Taking advantage of Feebas’s ability to create toxic water and Luvdisc lending her own power to help put some control on it to defeat its “enemies” is a very creative (and cute!) combo!"

APPEAL

[break]
"I’d expect no less from you to have such a cute performance! I love that you used Minun and Plusle as one unit, using Charge to send more power to the partner pokemon so that Magnet Rise could make them both quite literally just fly. It was a very nice touch and I look forward to seeing more from you."

APPEAL

[break]
"I love love love this aesthetic of the sun and the moon in their love story and the display you guys put on was so amazing, the precision of Espeon’s stars made quite the realistic display. Kudos!"

APPEAL

[break]
"The way you incorporated both Ninetails and Alolan ninetails mystical and confusing powers into a thrilling narrative was very creative and created a very pretty display and helped the theme of the duo more and more."

APPEAL

[break]
"The music! The story! The theatrics! Love it! I love the creative use of Destiny Bond to create an eerie blue light that conveyed the feeling of her becoming weak and relying on him to support her. I also love the use of Linoone’s ability to taunt and tease it’s target in a playful way to charm her over."

APPEAL

[break]
"I love this little story and how you compare Skitty and Matchan’s love to you and your own husband’s love. I do think the display you put on was cute and creative, even took the initiative to use berries to supplement the performance even further!"

APPEAL

[break]
"While you are in the middle of your story we haven’t seen much in terms of talent or even their love quite yet, I’m still looking forward to seeing how your story wraps up as I'm expecting a big finale!"

APPEAL

[break]
"While the two Wooloo are a lovely pair and quite cute themselves, there was not really much of a performance of their story. Contests are the time to be dramatic and extravagant! Don’t be afraid to make a statement that’s loud and bold, especially to show off their talents or what they’re good at!"

APPEAL

[break]
"Remi! It’s nice to see you again my dear! I do love how you’ve taken our experiences together and weaved it into your performance. However, I do think you can push a bit harder to really make a performance that fit’s the pokemon’s talent!"

[break]

Lights fade within the hall once the scores for the second round are announced. In the darkness, a mighty roar startles the audience, but to everyone’s surprise, it comes closely followed by ethereal singing…
[break][break]
Those who attended the recent RESPLENDENT RESOLUTIONS CONTEST would perhaps recognize it well, since soon enough it's Mars’ iconic golden-tailed Milotic that the lights shine upon. Erato appears in company of a red Gyarados that once performed at the PETALBURG PRIDE PARADE, the serpentine pair gracefully dancing elegant circles and loops in the air. It’s a beautiful dance, one that soon becomes enhanced by a pillar of fire created by the Gyarados’ FLAMETHROWER.
[break][break]
Blazing light shines upon scales, soon dissipated by a spectacular DRAGON PULSE.
[break][break]
”Elegance! Grace! Beauty! It’s time for the glamour portion of this contest! After all, love is beautiful, so let’s see how our contestants show us exactly why that is!’”

[break][break][break]
[BREAK][BREAK][BREAK]
♥ ROUND 3 ♥[break]
BEAUTIFUL

[break]
It’s time to GLAM IT UP and show us that your pokémon are the most BEAUTIFUL pair here tonight! This round is all about elegance, grace, and appeal, because love sure is a beautiful thing! Make sure your chosen moves compliment each other and showcase just that, because you guessed it, THIS ROUND BEAUTIFUL MOVES WILL EXCITE THE AUDIENCE.
[break]

EXCITEMENT - BEAUTIFUL[break]
INDIFFERENCE - CUTE / COOL[break]
DISCONTENT - CLEVER / TOUGH

In case you’re not sure which of your pokémon’s moves fall under the beautiful condition/category, here’s a LIST OF ALL BEAUTIFUL MOVES. Do keep in mind that in the past certain moves fell under different conditions, so if you’re using a COMBINATION from a previous generation, the condition listed there will be the one that applies. In the case of combinations, BEAUTY ones also apply, given that this used to be the name of the BEAUTIFUL condition.
[break][break]
Please head over to the sign ups if you would like to brush up on this contest’s rules ♡

[break][break][break]
♥ POINT DISTRIBUTION ♥

[break]
Each contestant may earn a maximum of seven points per round, these points (appeal hearts) will be determined by different factors, such as following contest guidelines and matching the condition and theme for a specific round. Generally, you can expect it to look something like this:
[break]

PRESENTATION - 1 to 3 [break]
CONDITION - 1 to 3 [break]
COMBO - 1

Additional, points may also be discounted from your score for the round for using moves that cause discontent, not following the themes, and excessively surpassing the word cap. Points will never be removed from your overall score, just that for each round. Failure to post before the deadline will result in no appeal having been made during that round. JUDGES WILL DISCOUNT POINTS FOR MOVES THEY'VE ALREADY SEEN. This will be based on the IC performance order.
[break][break]
Appeal points will be displayed as what has been earned per round, with the order being that in which they will each appear ICly for the next round (this does not determine the order in which you have to post).

[break][break]
ROUND 3 ENDS ON FEBRUARY 22ND AT 11:59 PM PST.
[break][break]
Contact Azul here or in the Discord server (or DMs) if you have any questions or concerns

[attr="class","contestFoot"]

[newclass=.CUTE]--contestAccent:#D66A9B[/newclass]
[newclass=.COOL]--contestAccent:#ce6f54[/newclass]
[newclass=.BEAUTY]--contestAccent:#546fad[/newclass]
[newclass=.CLEVER]--contestAccent:#548e37[/newclass]
[newclass=.TOUGH]--contestAccent:#c1a73f[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
♡ LOVE CONTEST [BC]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 19:47:17 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Honestly? Temp is very surprised he did so well this round. He'd worked hard on those little wooden props! Looks like it paid off! The only bad thing was this tank-!

This time the tank was darkened so you couldn't see inside- but lights were shining down on top.

"Feebas aren't know for being the prettiest pokemon to look at." He started when he came back out onto the stage, coming out to the side. In the water, two dark shadows could be seen which danced around each other. "I know from personal experience in my own relationship- when you're self conscious, you tend to drag yourself down."

Temp flushed a bit to admit that. Even if it was just surface level, admitting his insecurities was strange. In the water, though, as he spoke, one of the shadows Dived down to the bottom of the tank.

"But a good partner will do their best to help lift you back up!"

The second shadow headed upwards- and the water raised from the top of the tank with her- the Luvdisc! She seemed to Surf on top of the fountain she had created, which span and sparkled in the provided light. She seemed to dance up there with the water yet it was lonely. Until, the second shadow, the Feebas, surged to the top, following the largest stream of the fountain to burst out the top.

The two pokemon bounced on the top of the water as it formed a shimmering heart around them, thanks to the glitter from earlier.

"If you let them help raise you up, then you both feel beautiful! And most importantly, like you're on equal ground!"

- Contest Combo! Dive then Surf!
- Feebas used Dive! Can avoid being startled by others once. (2 hearts)
- Luvdisc used Surf! Affected by how well the appeal in front goes. (3 hearts)
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
♡ LOVE CONTEST [BC]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2022 20:12:23 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He wasn’t surprised that the last round turned out the way it did—because honestly, what the hell was up with the conditions? Why was he getting hit with the worst ones?! He’d managed to scrape by in the first round, but the second round was bad, and now this

This was definitely going to be the worst round for Alexei.

But… he had a plan.

And it needed some of his more trustworthy Sanctuary staff to get a certain trailer out of storage.

The smallest Wooloo was confused, watching as Alexei fussed over her dads—with him and a literal armada of Pokémon-safe paints, it was off to work!

Since they knew exactly one usable move this round, he was going to accessorize and glam the living daylights out of William and Smokey.

(He’d gotten Smokey his own little crown too, even if Smokey wasn’t too pleased about this. William was over the moon though!)

The stage was mostly dark, as the two-Wooloo parade emerged—no, wait, there was only something that looked like a swirling spiral of glow-in-the-dark stars walking across the stage, a tiny little space crown jingling as Smokey took the (initial) walk alone.

Following the few lights that marked the way, it looked like a literal walking galaxy was making its way out into the vast expanse of the inky blackness of ‘outer space’.

“They say that stars are constantly expanding and pushing away from each other, even out in the vast reaches of space,” Alexei’s voice began over the sound system while soft, ambient music played in the background.

“However, there are some stars that defy their lonely fate.”

And out from the opposite side of the stage, a glow in the dark rainbow Wooloo took his walk across, crown jangling as loudly as William could make it ring.

“Much like star-crossed lovers fated to meet only when the right path between the heavens and the earth opens, they meet—and when they share their time together, they make the most out of it.”

As one, both Wooloo began a soft, lilting baa’ing chorus of a well-Rounded melody, the two drifting up and into the rafters as they circled one another, the soft noises they made meshing together in harmony, before eventually drifting apart as their ‘fated meeting’ and ‘song of beautiful love’ came to a bittersweet end with their eventual parting.

William and Smokey used Round! (Beautiful; works well if it is the same type as the move used by the last Pokémon.)

@tag

close tab

played by

Gina

Glass Heart
He/They
January 22nd
Ballonea, Galar
Demisexual
Ranger
Senior Ranger
5'11" / 180cm height
5'11" / 180cm height
This is what it sounds like, when doves cry.
awards
115 posts
Lux Defort DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lux
Lux Defort
♡ LOVE CONTEST [BC]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2022 13:53:24 GMT
Lux Defort Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","LDsiege"]
[attr="class","LDtop"]

[attr="class","LDmain"]

Impatience led nowhere, especially in the story telling scene. A rushed story is no grand tale at all! Though thankfully, the next segment led to a breakthrough of a positive kind, one that would hopefully excite both audience and judges alike. [break][break]
The curtains unfurl to a scene of Sirius and Braxien seemingly in yet another Texas standoff. However, upon closer inspection, it only seems like Sirius is the one with the problem! [break][break]
“Today’s the day I surpass you!” The eager “Espurr” declares, prideful and unwilling to lose this time around. Braxien merely smiles, twiddling the stick in her paws, waiting for him to show her what he’s got. [break][break]
The spotlight centers on Sirius, who on cue, discards his Espurr cloak, evolving to “Meowstic” in the midst of his declaration of revenge. Bringing white paws together, psychic energy begins to form. Then it grows, festers, until a mighty PSYSHOCK hurdles itself at full speed toward the fire fox. Braxien twirls her magic wand of wood in a perfect display of dexterity, conquering up a FLAMETHROWER within seconds of the PSYSHOCK unleashing itself.[break][break]
The two fearsome powers meet, clashing fiercely against one another, beautiful arrays of pink and gold encapsulating the space. But in the end, it’s the flames that are extinguished first! Meowstic is finally victorious over the fire fox, and the feline can’t help but leap for joy. [break][break]
Just as he goes to rub it in her bratty face, Braxien approaches Meowstic first, graceful as can be. Meowstic growls, immediately goes on the defensive, right up until she — hugs him!?[break][break]
“Congrats, little kitten! You finally caught up to me!”
Braxien nuzzles against navy blue fur, which greatly flusters the feline. She pulls back, gently bops the top of his head with her stick with a kind smile, no animosity to be seen in it’s curves.[break][break]
“But! Time is of the essence, you still have much to learn. But! I will be there to guide you every step of the way. Now, are you up to the challenge, kitten?”[break][break]
Meowstic stares back, large, teal eyes gleaming with awe and wonder. Delighted, Sirius leaps forward and hugs the taller fox. In fact, he’s so overjoyed to have won and been recognized, that they both begin to levitate off the ground for the briefest of seconds![break][break]
Lux smiles. [break][break]
“And so, the fox and the kitten finally come together and see eye-to-eye.”[break][break]

[break]
Braxien used Flamethrower[break]
♥♥♥♥ Quite the appealing move.[break]
Meowstic used Psyshock![break]
Badly startles the Pokémon that appealed before the user.

[attr="class","LDbottom"]

[attr="class","LDname"]Lux DEFORT

[attr="class","LDsubtxt"]Vouloir, c'est pouvoir
♥.

[attr="class","LDpkmn"]

[attr="class","LDcredit"]
milky

[newclass=.LDsiege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; background-image: url("https://i.pinimg.com/originals/19/41/64/194164d700735e36890fcb0ae6282c17.gif"); background-size:200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.LDsiege] --accent:#796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.LDsiege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=.LDsiege .LDtop] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=.LDsiege .LDmain] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; background-image: url("https://img.nickpic.host/uEzUoc.jpg"); background-size:150px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.LDsiege .LDmain b] color: #a46cb3; [/newclass]
[newclass=.LDsiege .LDbottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.LDsiege .LDbottom .LDavatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.LDsiege .LDbottom .LDname b] color:rgba(0,0,0,0.5) [/newclass]
[newclass=.LDsiege .LDbottom .LDname] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.LDsiege .LDbottom .LDsubtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 10px 'roboto'; color:#000; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:30px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.LDsiege .LDbottom .LDpkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.LDsiege .LDbottom .LDpkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=.LDsiege .LDbottom .LDpkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]
[newclass=.LDsiege .LDcredit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

kimmy

lana, rue
he/they
september 1
littleroot town
bisexual
coordinator
civilian
forever alone
38 height
38 height
'Cause you don't belong where you don't belong Yeah, I don't belong
awards
180 posts
ruslan skye DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruslan
ruslan skye
♡ LOVE CONTEST [BC]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 5:24:05 GMT
ruslan skye Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Lana sighed in relief as Yukina and Garbage Baby placed well this time. Now for their next act. Beauty appeals only, right? He turned to Yukina who had already been through this once before looking at Garbage Baby who was on his back resting. “Yeah, you’ll be fine.” He said with a small sigh as he prepped little props before it was their turn to set the stage. [break][break]

https://images2.imgbox.com/ba/2f/IZAII8Wa_o.gif

HAIL began to fall as the trio reappeared on stage, dropping the temperature, and setting the scene. The light ice fell and clinked onto the polished surface. “D-Despite Beauty’s initial wariness, she found herself accompanied by the Beast. I-If asked she would say it was because she didn’t want company. IF asked he would say it was because no one else wanted h-hers.” [break][break]

https://64.media.tumblr.com/bcacb8613b132f16dfede02095305b64/tumblr_oj7i3rkP8d1voyry7o1_500.gifv [break][break] [break][break]

The pair seemed to take their time moving forward towards the center of the stage, The Froslass mostly looking annoyed while the Linoone ran around her and stopped to sniff the ground every so often. The HAIL grew stronger as he did, but he seemed largely unbothered. “He’d always accompany her, rain or sh-shine.” Now the narrator found himself covering his head, having gotten stuck in the back right corner of the stage. He hated this act, but it was all they had right now. “Sometimes he’d bring her wi-wild flowers.” [break][break]

[break][break] [break][break]

The lights seemed to darken, and winds began to swirl. The stage was buffeted by howling winds, snow, and ice. “Th-then one day, the weather turned.” [break][break]

https://i.gifer.com/8AZy.gif [break][break] [break][break]

Both pokemon are slammed by gusts are pushed back, struggling to move along. The Froslass tried to take control of the storm but its too much and she’s buffeted mercilessly. Garbaby Baby, for his part moved in to support the ghost, tail wagging furiously behind him despite his slow demeanor earlier. “While dangerous, the Beast is glad he’s there to mind Beauty’s back as they hunkered down together amidst the storm.” The pair of pokemon settled together, curling up for warmth as snow slowly piled on top of them. The BLIZZARD shifted, it’s eye moving to center on the pair before slowly but surely disappearing. [break][break]

[break][break] [break][break] [break][break] [break][break] [break][break] [break][break] [break][break] [break][break] [break][break] [break][break]

With a happy bark, the Linoone popped his head out of the mound, Yukina clinging to him exhausted form the event. As she let go, Garbage Baby gave her a quick lick before the pair climbed out of the snow.

[break][break]

+ c-c-combo bby [break][break]
Yukina the Froslass [break]

hail | beauty [break][break]

Garbage Baby the G!Linoone [break]

blizzard | beauty

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#A22F2A;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
♡ LOVE CONTEST [BC]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2022 6:41:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar

glamming it up was what plusle and minun have been doing from the start.

the two electric-types run to the center of the stage holding hands, their tiny legs . once at the front, a simultaneous squeak times nicely with raising their conjoined hands up in the air.

forms cloud overhead as a result of their rain dance. a drizzle wets the floors, with the sound of pitter-patter being heard from their steps as they run around in a circle, their holding paws serving as the center.

the rain pouring heavier as they build up speed with their rotations, letting sparks light up the bottom as it travels throughout the watery floors.

the two let go of each other, sliding on either side of the stage with the help of slippery surfaces as if ice skating. they raise both of their paws up in the air as kyle points up to the ceiling.

"glam it up!"

he throws down his hand to the ground, with his pokemon following suit. a pair of lightning bolts crash moments afterwards, each on the opposite ends of the stage where the plusle and minun were.

the pair continue to run around the perimeter, thunder striking the ground where they once were on uniform intervals. they would eventually meet up at the center once every inch of the stage was stricken, where their abilities would come into play once more.

plus and minus do work as the two final bolts of lightning crashes as one, lighting up the hall with a flash. the final bang marks the end of their performance, as kyle and his pokemon take a bow under the rain and on a sparky floor.

minun used rain dance - beautiful
plusle used thunder - cool

@tags
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
♡ LOVE CONTEST [BC]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2022 3:29:42 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"And so begins the third chapter of this tumultuous love story. I hope you brought your jackets, everyone!"

Just as they had done in the last round, Barnaby took center stage along with his gorgeous pair of NINETALES. The girls were really beginning to show their enthusiasm now - gone were the jitters of initial nervousness, replaced by an exuberant glint in their intelligent eyes.

"Bijou suffered through many restless nights, the lurid form of a dazzling Sybille racing through her dreams. She didn't know why, but it frustrated her so."

The spotlight once again fell on the Alolan NINETALES, sparking gleaming, icy rays off of her rosy coat. A glacial, haunting mist formed where paws met concrete. Her tails twitched, annoyed. How dare someone intrude upon her beauty sleep.

From the right, Sybille leapt into the limelight along with her counterpart. Immediately, Bijou's hackles flared - throwing shards of ice into the air.

"That was it! Bijou was tired of this. Her anger swelled, enough to summon an icy storm."

The mist at Bijou's feet began to spin in a violent vortex, swirling around her lithe figure and extending to the perimeter of the stage. Ice crawled out from where she stood, slowly covering a good bit of ground around the pair of foxes. From above, Hail rained down upon them, glinting like fallen stars in the lights of the arena.

"Sybille, ever ready to impress, had prepared for such an icy rebuttal. She cast Weather Ball onto the scene, breaking the storm and turning it into a frozen paradise."

Orbs of psychic energy bubbled up around the silver NINETALES, growing in size before being released. A green, ethereal glow swept through the area, quelling the storm but enlarging the plane of ice that had formed on the floor.

"Weather Ball is a move that changes type depending on the weather. Sybille wanted to show herself acclimating to Bijou's element, proclaiming to her that love can transcend even something that appears so opposite - fire vs. ice!"

On cue, the shiny NINETALES began to skate around her would-be lover on the ice that they had created together.

"Sybille's consistent efforts seemed to be working. The fox had shown cunning, tact, and beauty in the face of insufferable apathy."

Hesitantly, Bijou's gaze softened as she looked again at her suitor. Miraculously, her annoyance had evaporated.

"Bijou's ice-encased heart was beginning to thaw."
NINETALES (A) used Hail [Beautiful]

badly startles those that have made appeals

NINETALES used Weather Ball [Beautiful]

receives no penalty for being used multiple times in a row

✨COMBO EXECUTED✨

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
have a great, positive, and beautiful day!
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
♡ LOVE CONTEST [BC]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2022 4:09:39 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
[attr="class","michi"]
"Melody! Hello!" Michi cried, surprised to see the friendly pop idol here in person. Realizing she'd spoken out of turn, Michi quickly covered her mouth with both hands, chiding herself for her sudden outburst. She couldn't cover the crinkle of her eyes, though-- it was hard to stop smiling. "Long time, no see!"

The next round began shortly thereafter. The crowd was expecting some beautiful Ice-Punching action from Machamp, who was surely the best candidate to showcase the beauty move. They were surprised, however, when the curtains opened on a sea of grace and calm.

Matchan moved with slow, deliberate motions. His palms traced flat discs in the air, his limbs moving and wheeling with careful precision. He slowly twisted, stretching every muscle in a fluid swirl of practiced tai-chi. He had spent years practicing in the outdoor garden with Michiko's elderly mother as she went through her daily exercises, honing her mind and body. This was his time. This was MEDITATE. 

Charmmy Skitty was a small blob of pale pink fur between his legs, fragile as a fresh peach at the foot of a mountain. Still, she wove effortlessly between his moving feet, sinuous in counterpoint. Matchan would never step on her. If he did, she would screeeeeam!

Audience members would see a small blob of water growing around the weaving kitten Pokemon as she leapt onto her Machamp husband's back, disguising herself from sight. The next time Matchan finished a movement, that blob of WATER PULSE reappeared, moving and stretching alongside him. Matchan lifted one leg, and the water dipped down. He released a slow, deliberate kick, and the pulse shot out, recoiling like a striking snake. He seemed to gather it between his palms in a sphere of rippling blue liquid, then a ring.

In the finale, he stooped low, adopting a pose of strength and grace as the water formed a column and then pulsed towards the sky, bursting on impact with the ceiling. Charmmy Skitty scampered up his shoulder, perching on his head just in time to open an umbrella. 

The rain splattered back down around them, dry and safe, a bastion of calm sheltered from the wrath of the world.

"Do not forget to bring an umbrella on the rainy day! It is necessary to avoid catching a cold," Michiko said earnestly as the sudden shower ended and the two took a bow. "But if you have a partner, maybe they can remember for you. Covering each other's weakness... It is my opinion, but I think it is the most beautiful."

MATCHAN used MEDITATE
CHARMMY used WATER PULSE

[newclass=.michi b] color: #c58d35; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
♡ LOVE CONTEST [BC]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2022 6:35:23 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siegee"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

[break][break]

"Many trials have our lovers endured," Luka announces as the trio takes their place onstage again. "And while they've been tested, the two have never wavered! Our sun and moon refuse to be parted despite all odds. The love that blooms amongst strife is the most rare and beautiful of all!"[break][break]

Luka feels truly in her element now. She herself feels lost in the fairy tale of her two sweet girls, their story enrapturing her as much as it does the audience.[break][break]

"Allow them to show you the wonder of love that defies the heavens!"[break][break]

Such a display doesn't require further narration. Heavenly bodies manifest as representations of two souls, love-bound.[break][break]

Latte summons the sun, a breathtaking display of light and warmth. It rises over the crowd in brilliant splendor as the Espeon's jewel gleams brightly. A goddess of the sun basks before an enthralled audience, and her Umbreon love seems equally enamored.[break][break]

She shines in the center like a constant star. And Espresso is immediately drawn to her orbit. She offers her shadow and moonlight, silver joining gold as Espresso creates her vision of the moon. The two orbs hover close; day and night, yin and yang. Slowly, the moon shifts until it creates the point at which these two heroines can be truly united: an eclipse.[break][break]

[break][break]

"The eclipse represents one simple truth: that one cannot exist without the other, that even when the darkness shines, light will rise to meet it!"[break][break]

The magnificent eclipse creates a lovely backdrop for two brilliant performers. Espeon and Umbreon, celestial marvels made mortal, dance amongst the heavens as a manifestation of pure adoration. [break][break]

They continue to paint the landscape of their personal paradise bright with dripping glamour. The cosmos is a perfect backdrop for Latte as she turns in the air and uses the light from her sun to create a shower of brilliant stars. [break][break]

[break][break]

It's a perfectly choreographed dance, but seems effortless. Espresso, not missing a beat, somersaults just in time, her moon-sliver of a tail scatting those stars into even smaller particles, a fine gold dust that bathes the audience in a twinkling, ethereal light.[break][break]

[break][break]

Slowly, delicately, the pair reunites underneath the star-shower, nuzzling close and simply basking in each other's company, Above them glows the corona of their eclipse, a perfect symbol of their union.[break][break][break]

[break]

Espeon used Sunny Day[break]
Category: Beauty (the appeal works the best the more the crowd is excited)[break][break]
Umbreon used Moonlight[break]
Category: Beauty (the appeal's quality varies depending on its timing)[break][break]
♡ Combination used! ♡

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siegee] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; background-image: url("https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/442846760642281472/945933217091956756/IMG_2326.gif"); background-size:200px;[/newclass] [newclass=.siegee] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siegee:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siegee .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siegee .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,.9); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siegee .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siegee .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siegee .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siegee .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siegee .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siegee .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siegee .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siegee .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siegee .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
♡ LOVE CONTEST [BC]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2022 6:27:00 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","contestBG"]
[attr="class","CUTE"]
[attr="class","contestRibbon"]
[attr="class","contestHead"]

[attr="class","contestLogo"]

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/940433181600006205/946291872383533087/Lady_Gaga_-_LoveGame_Official_Instrumental.mp3[/player]
LoveGame - Lady Gaga (Instrumental)

[break]

”What a round! There’s no doubt that some of our contestants really know what beauty and glamour are all about! Though, remember… beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and you all sure are beautiful, my dear audience!”
[break][break]
It’s playfully that Mars winks at the audience when announcing the end of the round, all while holding in his hands the notes on each contestant’s score…
[break][break]
”Are you ready to hear what we thought of each performance? Scores will be shown starting by the highest and will determine the order for the next round, so let’s have a look!”
[break][break]
Screens all over the contest hall change from a live-feed of the stage to displaying the scoreboards, the first being the seven hearts of a perfect score…

APPEAL

[break]
"The story of this pair continues to captivate our hearts and minds, and the beauty of both Ninetales truly was displayed to its fullest extent this round despite taking a backseat in favour of the narrative! A nice move combination was the cherry on top of this performance!"

APPEAL

[break]
"When it comes to showcasing the beauty of their pokémon, Michiko may have just done the best job tonight! Machamp and Skitty really shine together, and their performance truly spoke for itself. Good job with following the theme!"

APPEAL

[break]
"Electrifying! Minun and Plusle really know how to glam it up and showcase their beauty! These two are an incredible pair, and it's a joy to see how everything about them synchronizes to perfection – from their moves to their abilities!"

APPEAL

[break]
"Luka is a storyteller through and through, and the tale she has told us this round truly has touched our hearts. What a beautiful performance, and what a lovely use of your move combination."

APPEAL

[break]
"Talk about glaming it up! Alexei did an incredible job with focusing on the theme, but in the future it would be great to see the performance focus more on the moves themselves."

APPEAL

[break]
"Temp and his pokémon really have shown us that there's beauty to be found anywhere you may look! A great narrative wonderfully complimented by the chosen moves!"

APPEAL

[break]
"Lux's dramatic storytelling is always a joy to watch and the chosen moves are showstoppers! This round was no exception to that, but remember that each round the theme is also of importance!"

APPEAL

[break]
"Chilling! A nice choice of moves to compliment the narrative, but do keep in mind that it's important to focus on the theme of each round!"

APPEAL

[break]
Contestant did not perform this round

[break]

Once the scores have been announced, it’s two Musharna that float near Mars the next time he steps onto the stage, and while there’s a very good reason for the choice of this pair of pokémon, perhaps most people wouldn’t understand it in this case…
[break][break]
”We’ve talked about how cool love is, how you have to be smart with it, and how it can be a beautiful thing…” While Mars talks, the pair of pokémon move in the air, leaving behind glittering trails of pink mist as they dance in graceful patterns. That is, of course, until one stops, letting out a dramatic cry that soon has the other floating circles around it in concern. ”But! The truth is that love can sometimes also be tragic, painful, and utterly heartbreaking.”
[break][break]
The Musharna ENDURES as best it can, but it ends up softly falling down onto the stage as if it has lost all energy. The other moves to its side, using PAIN SPLIT to take some of the burden and allow it to slowly rise back onto the sky. Together once more.
[break][break]
”It’s time for our contestants to show us how true love can make it even through the toughest of times!”
[break][break]
Shame that hadn’t been true for his other two Musharna, right?

[break][break][break]
[BREAK][BREAK][BREAK]
♥ ROUND 4 ♥[break]
TOUGH

[break]
DRAMA! Suspense! Heartache! Where can you find all of these things? SOAP OPERAS, obviously! Love can be tough sometimes, but it can endure through even the worst of situations. So, what better way to show us how TOUGH love can be than a scene worthy of a telenovela? Get dramatic! Make your judges shed a tear or two! And use moves that complement your performance well, because THIS ROUND TOUGH MOVES WILL EXCITE THE AUDIENCE.
[break]

EXCITEMENT - TOUGH[break]
INDIFFERENCE - CLEVER / COOL[break]
DISCONTENT - CUTE / BEAUTIFUL

In case you’re not sure which of your pokémon’s moves fall under the tough condition/category, here’s a LIST OF ALL TOUGH MOVES. Do keep in mind that in the past certain moves fell under different conditions, so if you’re using a COMBINATION from a previous generation, the condition listed there will be the one that applies.
[break][break]
Please head over to the sign ups if you would like to brush up on this contest’s rules ♡

[break][break][break]
♥ POINT DISTRIBUTION ♥

[break]
Each contestant may earn a maximum of seven points per round, these points (appeal hearts) will be determined by different factors, such as following contest guidelines and matching the condition and theme for a specific round. Generally, you can expect it to look something like this:
[break]

PRESENTATION - 1 to 3 [break]
CONDITION - 1 to 3 [break]
COMBO - 1

Additional, points may also be discounted from your score for the round for using moves that cause discontent, not following the themes, and excessively surpassing the word cap. Points will never be removed from your overall score, just that for each round. Failure to post before the deadline will result in no appeal having been made during that round. JUDGES WILL DISCOUNT POINTS FOR MOVES THEY'VE ALREADY SEEN. This will be based on the IC performance order.
[break][break]
Appeal points will be displayed as what has been earned per round, with the order being that in which they will each appear ICly for the next round (this does not determine the order in which you have to post).

[break][break]
ROUND 4 ENDS ON FEBRUARY 27TH AT 11:59 PM PST.
[break][break]
Contact Azul here or in the Discord server (or DMs) if you have any questions or concerns

[attr="class","contestFoot"]

[newclass=.CUTE]--contestAccent:#D66A9B[/newclass]
[newclass=.COOL]--contestAccent:#ce6f54[/newclass]
[newclass=.BEAUTY]--contestAccent:#546fad[/newclass]
[newclass=.CLEVER]--contestAccent:#548e37[/newclass]
[newclass=.TOUGH]--contestAccent:#c1a73f[/newclass]