6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
hm help [pj]
POSTED ON May 9, 2022 19:02:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
despite happenings on the region, the league still finds youth from both in and out of hoenn trying to be pokemon trainers and venturing hoenn's lands for their journey.

new trainers smart enough to do their research would find themselves on hoenn's biggest city to apply for aid. a program from the rangers paired these new trainers up with trained pokemon to assist them at the start of their journey until they get a foothold of the region. while advertised for the convenience of travel, kyle figures getting his pokemon on the program helps with security of these people.

eventually, the granbull finds itself inside its pokeball within the system.

the pokemon gets paired up with a younger trainer, with the pokemon's intimidating appearance serving as a confidence booster for them. assigned to help with caves and other rocky regions, the granbull's rock smash was to provide assistance for the trainer's trip until, well, they can find a pokemon of their own to perform the same duties.

@pokejob
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,195 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
hm help [pj]
POSTED ON May 10, 2022 0:08:09 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
It had seemed like an admirable sort of thing, this Pokémon trainer starter program. Help the youth jumpstart their adventures! Assist them through hazardous encounters and cumbersome obstacles! Make sure they don't get mauled by a wild Pokémon!

Innocent enough. Barnaby supposed it could be good for PR, anyway, so he figured he'd send out one of his own Pokémon to help out..

As he'd already demonstrated once on one of these Poké Jobs, Étienne was a deft hand (wing?) at creating gusts of wind to Defog misty routes. Where once was an impenetrable wall of vapor, with just a few wingbeats the BRAVIARY could easily make the way passable. This was certainly a boon for any young trainer attempting to traverse Hoenn's humid lands.
POKÉ JOB
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
hm help [pj]
POSTED ON May 10, 2022 3:26:42 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

[break][break]
It’s somewhat of a known fact that POG Bank will often loan pokémon to aid the public when needed, and such being the case, it should come as no surprise that a couple of perfectly polished Luxury Balls are sent to be used in the new program set up by the rangers.
[break][break]
What is perhaps a surprise, however, is that out of all pokémon they could have set, it’s Mars’ own Milotic that comes when a trainer attempts to traverse Hoenn’s water routes. Beautiful, regal, and trained to give spectacular performances, it’s with a polite bow of her head that Erato greets the young trainer. And, soon enough, after allowing them to climb onto her back, it’s swiftly that her serpentine figure SURFS over waves.
[break][break]
Naturally, the golden ring on her tail is not missed by the observant trainer, nor the fact that it bears POG Bank's distinctive logo.

[break][break]
[attr="class","textwtpokes"]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #90ACF5; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #90ACF5; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #90ACF5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #90ACF5!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #90ACF5; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: #90ACF5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #90ACF5; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,054 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
hm help [pj]
POSTED ON May 10, 2022 9:46:14 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
having once been in their shoes, matias understands what it's like to be starting out on his journey without the proper tools and foundations to be successful.

which is what makes this program so great.

"have fun!"

matias waves his snorlax goodbye before watching it stumble onto the beach, approaching the kid paired up with it. it offers the kid its pokeball, regular, nothing fancy, and then gives them a thumbs up.

soon, they're out on the waters SURFING over waves.

@pokejob
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
hm help [pj]
POSTED ON May 10, 2022 18:15:23 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Hahn traces the route directed to it by the Radar faithfully using the move FLY, and successfully finds the two small time thugs who were running away from a crime scene. Using a well timed Thunderbolt, the Vikavolt clips the first robber as the electricity courses over to the other one, paralyzing them.

Hopefully for life.

As it descends down onto its prey, its thunder mandibles grab the sack of Pokeballs filled with trainer Pokemon, and flies it back towards the Pokemon Center, alerting the nearby League Officers to take the two delinquents into custody.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
hm help [pj]
POSTED ON May 11, 2022 1:52:02 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the kids aren't exactly... fans of her arctozolt.

she can't exactly blame them.

it's a shivering mess, looking more like it has a cold than anything. and those little arms, while cute, aren't super helpful. she ushers it along anyway, flashing an encouraging smile.

the scientific abomination coos, waddling over to the water's edge on too big legs. and when it reaches the water, a brave kid or two joins it. the arctozolt is more than happy to ferry them around in the water. it surfs over the waves and illeana can almost hear its chattering teeth from the beach.

as long as arctozolt is having fun... she looks on like a proud mom.

pokejob.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Zuzu (Josh only)
she / her / hers
thirty
april 17
Lavaridge, Hoenn
joshsexual
not-so-housewife
senior ranger
always look ahead, but never forget what you left behind.
awards
411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @izumi
Izumi Yamamura
hm help [pj]
POSTED ON May 16, 2022 11:03:38 GMT
Izumi Yamamura Avatar

Unsurprisingly, a lot of the kids who were looking for some help went after her Swampert.

Was it because he represented the familiar? Or was it just because he looked so badass while riding the waves whenever they would ask him to Surf the waves?

Either way, the Swampert was having way too much fun with the kid riding his back, not minding the loud giggling and shrieking as they crashed through the waves, borne of a large swell that the Swampert was riding like a natural surfer out on the waves.

(Of course, he’d already had practice with the terrible two that made his human’s life miserable. Or so he thinks it makes her miserable, but whatever. At least the twins looked like they were having a lot of fun.)

@tag
close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
886 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
hm help [pj]
POSTED ON May 17, 2022 2:55:41 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

Teaching the next generation of Pokemon trainers was a surreal thing for him. It just felt like yesterday when he was first setting out on his own journey. And now? Here he was, as a coach. He didn’t know what to think of that, being a decade into his Pokemon journey and now a teacher, a coach. But… It was kind of nice, too.

Instead of bringing a big and intimidating Pokemon, Josh sought to bring out a classic. His Raichu, Lightning was his trusty partner. And what better Pokemon for teaching Trainers how to use Surf than onezms own partner Pokemon?

Of course, it was a little harder to teach Surf with a smaller Pokemon like Lightning. But Josh was able to hold onto the back of the Raichu with one arm while it used its tail as a propeller and launched them across the sea. That was the lesson in the end: Every Pokemon had its own unique way of doing things. Make the most of their strengths.

@tag

-Notes-

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,791 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
hm help [pj]
POSTED ON May 20, 2022 4:18:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GREAT JOB!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
[break][break]