Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
✧ BONFIRE BONANZA
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2022 3:52:54 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar

When Nomi's gaze locked with the dainty, beautiful young woman with the long waves of purple-blue hair (), it was like she could suddenly smell the damp leaves of Ecruteak in the Autumn - an almost heartbreakingly nostalgic earthy scent - the old, gnarled trees growing on the shrine grounds around her home vividly coming to mind in a flash of reds, golds, and yellows. "I know her," Nomi murmured softly to Valerian, utterly transfixed as the woman glided past, a smile on her lips and a clear tote filled to the brim with s'mores materials on her shoulder. A Clefairy followed dutifully behind the woman.

Nomi felt certain she was not mistaken: this woman was someone she had met in the past, in Ecruteak. She was sure of it. Valerian huffed and nudged her free hand, as if to encourage her to follow the familiar woman and find out more about her. Nomi blushed, and took a sip of her drink - some kind of spiked tropical punch - and debated whether or not it would be rude of her to stalk after the other woman so soon after noticing one another.

Valerian nudged her hand a second time, more insistently. Didn't you come here to meet people? he seemed to insist. She patted his head absently, and sighed. "Very well, I'll say hello." Nomi looked back around at the crowd of bonfire-goers, seeking out the familiar woman, and spotted her talking to none other than and - was that the owner of Howling at the Moon? ? The red-haired woman Nomi had noticed walking away from the table with the paper and pens was also with them. Jack sure knows everybody, Nomi thought, amused. It was fitting for a blogger to make lots of connections, however. Feeling slightly less self-conscious, seeing that two people she already knew were with the woman from Nomi's past, Nomi made her way over to them. Valerian immediately went over to sniff the Clefairy, as if he too recognized the other Pokémon in the same way Nomi recognized the mystery woman.

"Hello Jack! And Zev. Sorry to interrupt," Nomi interjected with a small clearing of her throat. "It's just that...well, I think I know your friend here." She nodded in the young woman's direction. "I think we...I think we grew up in the same town. In fact - " a sudden additional memory surfaced - the rich scent of spices and the taste of bergamot on her tongue - and Nomi's eyes lit up with recognition. " - I used to visit her mother's tea shop with my Granny! Xiura! That's your name, right? It has been a long time, but it's so wonderful to see you again."

Bonfire Party Mega Thread[break] + + + + open to others!

[break]Notes: Nomi’s Outfit
TIER 1 PROMPTS
+ Share your hopes for Hoenn's future (x5 Pokéballs)
+ Meet three new people (0/3) (x1 Level Tutor)
+ Think about your own personal future two times (x1 Sparkling Dust)

[googlefont=Lora]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
579 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
✧ BONFIRE BONANZA
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2022 1:50:11 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

Jack accepts a drink from Aurelie and raises the glass in a toast before taking a big gulp, beaming at the woman. He still remembered the hangover from their last experience drinking together. He nodded a somber greeting to Xiura, the pain of their last experience together threatening to overwhelm his emotions but for the joy that sparked from her kind gesture of bringing supplies for s'mores. Taking another swig of his drink, a small smile breaks across his face as Watts charges in circles around the growing group of people in a whirlwind of sparks and sand.

Watts let out a happy bark as two unfamiliar individuals approach. "Cheers," he says as he raises his beverage to the newcomers and lets out a laugh as the tipsy-appearing woman recognizes Aurelie. "The name's Jack," he says though another woman catches his eye. With another chortle, he recognizes Nomi Sato as she approaches though he is taken aback at her sudden connection with Xiura. His cheeks flush with embarrassment at witnessing what felt like a private moment but with a shrug and another laugh he slams down the rest of the booze and raises his empty cup. "Small world. I hope Hoenn remains a place where friends new and old are always nearby," he beams and then stumbles off for a refill with the boltund nipping playfully at his heels.

NOTES:
+ Share your hopes for Hoenn's future (x5 Pokeballs)[break]= Meet three new people (2/3)
close tab

played by

lucina

She / Her
June 10
Ecruteak City, Johto
Ace / ?-romantic
Boba Cafe Barista
Elite
May you always know pain as temporary and laughter better.
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xiura
Xiura Balfaltin
✧ BONFIRE BONANZA
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 0:59:39 GMT
Xiura Balfaltin Avatar
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]EVENT: BONFIRE BONANZA

[attr="class","kikan"]
"Indeed, Aurelie, that sounds like more than a reasonable request to me!" Xiura laughed, raising her cup of cider to toast , , and .

Taking a sip, Xiura smiled at an approaching pair of individuals, waving a friendly hello. "Nice to meet you, Cygne, Isaac!"

She said as a small aside to Clefairy, who was gently clawing at the marshmallow bag to make a small opening, "Everyone's so friendly around here. I hope that we get to have many more bonfire gatherings and celebrations to come in Hoenn."

Xiura's attention was caught again by the arrival of the pink-haired woman and her Sylveon, the latter approaching Clefairy curiously. Clefairy offered the Sylveon a marshmallow. "Fairy!" her Pokemon said happily in greeting, easily recognizing the other up close.

Xiura's own recollection of the newcomer was slowly taking shape as she introduced herself.

"Oh! Nomi! Is that you? And Valerian? I can't believe it!" Xiura beamed. "How are you? How's your grandmother? It's been ages. We do need to catch up."

Xiura did wonder what brought to Hoenn too from their hometown. "You're more than welcome to stop by my own tea shop in Lilycove, Nomi. It's new, and while it's not quite as traditional—"

Xiura could not help the slight swell of guilt in her stomach, which she tamped down with easy familiarity.

"—It's tea all the same! Just with more flavors and tapioca pearls." She ended with a cheerful laugh. "Anyway, I want to hear all about what you're doing in Hoenn!"

Notes: Outfit

TIER 1 PROMPTS
+ Meet three new people (3/3) (x1 Level Tutor)
+ Think about your own personal future two times (2/2) (x1 Sparkling Dust)

ℳ𝒾𝓏𝑜.☽

[newclass=.joker]width: 360px; height: 140px; padding: 20px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ig:hover .joker]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.game]text-align:center; line-height: 9px; margin-top:10px;opacity:0;font:bold 10px muli; letter-spacing: 2px; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-delay: .3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.game a]font:bold 10px muli; letter-spacing: 2px; font-style: italic; color: #ffffff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ig:hover .game]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;transition-delay: .3s; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ninety]width:400px;height:180px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/gSuyykH.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kikan]width: 65px; height: 65px; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; transform: rotate(45deg); z-index: 2; margin-top: -27px; margin-bottom: -39px; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ig:hover .kikan]filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); transition: 0.6s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Muli]
[googlefont=Open Sans]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
✧ BONFIRE BONANZA
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 19:17:21 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar

When spoke up, voicing his hope for Hoenn's future, Nomi realized with embarrassment that her fixation on had meant that she'd completely ignored the other people standing around them that she did not know. With a deep blush, she turned away from her childhood friend for a moment to address the other people: the red-haired woman ( ), the blond woman ( ), and the blond man ( ). "Apologies for ignoring you, my name is Naomi Sato. You can call me "Nomi", though, most everybody does." She smiled at them. "It seems this bonfire is bringing lots of folks together - old friends and new." She winked at Jack, echoing his recent words.

Granny would be so happy to see me with all of these lovely people, Nomi thought, turning back to Xiura. Valerian had accepted Clefairy's marshmallow offering and was chewing it quite contentedly.

"My grandmother passed away a few years ago," Nomi responded to Xiura's inquiries, with only the hint of sadness in her tone. "Once she was gone, there wasn't much left for me in Ecruteak, so I set off on my own. I'm studying at the university in Slateport right now: chemistry major, with a minor in Pokémon biology. I brew my own beer to make money, so I can keep taking classes. It's my favorite hobby. Well, except for video games - Jack got me addicted to those recently." She giggled, remembering fondly the recent virtual reality game she and Jack had tried out at Slateport Mall. "Oh, and Zev serves my beer at his bar, Howling at the Moon, if you've ever been."

She laughed suddenly, amused by all of the connections there already were between everyone around her. She wondered if the three strangers she'd just introduced herself to had tried her beer before. "I'd love to visit your new tea shop! Maybe Val and I can come by sometime next week."

Bonfire Party Mega Thread[break] + + + + + + open to others!

TIER 1 PROMPTS
+ Think about your own personal future two times (x1 Sparkling Dust)

[googlefont=Lora]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
✧ BONFIRE BONANZA
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2022 20:22:33 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
If Zev was surprised to see Aurelie, he was even more surprised to see there, though he schooled his expression into one of pleasant politeness as the young woman joined their group with ingredients for s'mores. It felt like more than a coincidence for so many of his contacts to be in the same place at once, but he brushed it off as a mere oddity. After all, there were others he'd be even more surprised to see at a beach bonfire party. That would raise his suspicions off the charts, and thankfully, none were in sight.

Zev accepted the beer from Aurelie and lifted it as she toasted to peace and safety in Hoenn. The drink was refreshingly cold, a welcome pick-me-up in the heat of the day. Stepping back into a more observational role, he watched as approached and started speaking with Xiura; it was clear they were previously acquainted but hadn't spoken in some time. Then joined them with in tow.

"Nice meeting you, Cygne, Isaac," Zev greeted them amiably, noting the nearly empty bottle of Bacardi in the former's hand. Arceus, how is she not blacked out and vomiting? he wondered, skeptical of her tolerance based on her size and weight alone. But he made no comment. Instead, he took another sip of his beer and considered the words of his companions.

Peace and safety. Having friends nearby.

What a crock of shit. Fantasies for the foolish and naïve. But he gave no indication of his thoughts; a smile of amused contentment remained on his face instead, especially as he leaned toward and said, "S'mores sound really good. You think there are enough for all of us now that Cygne and Isaac are here too? We should go get some more food. I thought I saw a tent over there where they're grilling hot dogs and stuff."

NOTES
+ Bonfire Bonanza Mega Thread
+ Outfit

TIER 1 PROMPTS
+ Meet three new people (2/3) (x1 Level Tutor)
+ Think about your own personal future two times (1/2) (x1 Sparkling Dust)
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
✧ BONFIRE BONANZA
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2022 13:28:30 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Cheap, burny vodka. The type where you couldn't tell if that little vanilla taste was from the vodka itself or from both of them being pure alcohol when tossed down. It felt so very high school. Isaac restrained the little cough from the back of his throat burning, instead shooting Cygne a wry smile. "Iron thumb, more like iron guts," he joked. He gave one more swig for posterity (oh, it still totally burned), then tossed the flask back Cygne's way. "And that's your go to. Almost makes me scared to see what you bust out when the party really gets started.,"[break][break]

There was that smile again. He was totally lying; if anything he was excited.[break][break]

And then Cygne swept him up around the waist, just as easily as she'd swept him up into her life. "Y'know, that's actually been working pretty great for me in the last few months," he observed. Four years of being a listless loner were enough to learn it wasn't a look he wore well. "Ah, what the heck. I'm in!"[break][break]

Effortlessly, his hand in her wrist (goodness, they weren't savages), Cygne lead Isaac over to a rather large gathering. Sure, she atarted bringing him over before he even answered. But they were clearly on the same page here, so it was fine.[break][break]

Who came up with this idea? Isaac had to admit they were a genius. The Hoenn he saw on the shores of the beach was so different from the Hoenn he'd been plunged into over the last three months. There was no intrigue and spy games. No sizing each other up lole the alphas of a competing pack. No open warfare in streets torn by Pokemon attacks. No, there were just people. Standing, talking, laughing, drinking. It was like a Christmas truce for Christmas in July. It was . . . nice.[break][break]

Hoenn wouldn't always be like this. He'd savor it while it was.[break][break]

He shot everyone present a winning smile. The potential of food only made it winning-er. "Great to meet you all," he said. "And hey, hey, don't sweat it, Nomi. Arceus knows we've all got friends here. And if not? Well, good news, cause it sounds like a bigass plate of s'mores is about to change that."[break][break]

He shot a brief eye back towards his team, noting a cooler that Kiryu was protectively guarding. "I should have some spare snacks on me too, if we're pretty much making it a potluck at this point," Isaac offered.[break][break]

PROMPT COMPLETE - Meet 3 New People (1 Level Tutor)

[break]

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#d9b800;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
✧ BONFIRE BONANZA
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 19:25:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jupiter"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

other people seem to file in after jupiter herself, but none of them really go out of their way to approach her. it's silly, in a way, but it almost stings a little- she had thought people would be friendlier, or at least try to approach more often than what she's gotten so far.[break][break]

she knows it shouldn't bother her, not with her own hesitation, but she can't help but wonder if she would seem more approachable with her hair dyed pink again...[break][break]

it wasn't going to happen, obviously, but her fashion now may have played into it a little? maybe?[break][break]

a voice shakes her from her thoughts, and she glances over to see a woman with short hair- probably around her age? she's pretty, and what seems like confidence has jupiter struggling for something to say around her. jupiter almost feels awkward in return, but she manages a quiet little laugh.[break][break]

"not really. i guess it's just for fun?"[break][break]

she has some ideas, from what she's heard, but bringing that up seems like a mood-killer. instead, she offers the woman a grin. "i'm jupiter. torres."[break][break]

she almost thinks to add the rockstar, but it feels a bit too much like bragging. .

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-bolt"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@ @open!

[attr="class","milkycredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".jupiter"]--accent:#4592d9;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkycredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkycredits a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkycredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,045 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
✧ BONFIRE BONANZA
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2022 21:55:11 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar

Josh had only just returned to Hoenn three weeks ago, and he had already seen more action on the front lines than he had seen in years of living in Johto. Hoenn had become a true warzone. After a tumultuous first day on the job, he needed to unwind. Leisurely riding Twilight around town, he came to the entrance to Round One Arcade's branch near Slateport's south coast.

Just as Josh was about to slide off his Absol's back, he frowned and changed his mind. His eyes instead shifted to a large gathering on the beach, with a large pile of wood in the center of where all the people were at. A bonfire, perhaps? As active as he liked to be, maybe Josh needed to just spend time with other people and watch his troubles burn away in the sunset. "Let's check that out, instead, Twilight," he said to his close partner.

He kept the dark-type to no more than a trot, wandering the sands and finding a table with a notepad and pens. There were instructions to write something painful from one's past on a small piece of paper to be burned away in the bonfire once the run had reached the horizon. The Absol's horn-blade grew softer as it was clear that the gathering had a solemn mood.

Then, Josh thought he saw a familiar face. "Is that..." he muttered before raising his voice and facing . "Swan? Is that you?" he asked, sliding off his Absol's back. "It's been a while! Are these all your friends? I'd love to get to know them!" He took a seat around where the others were, Twilight sitting close to her trainer and poking her head into the circle. "Josh, a Pokémon racer looking to turn pro," he introduced himself, listening intently if anyone else in the circle dropped their names. "Nomi, Xiura, Isaac, and I missed the rest of them, I'm sorry! But it's great to meet you all!"

"Oh, you're into video games too, Nomi?" Josh related. "I was going to go to the arcade this afternoon, but I found myself here instead. I could spend all day playing rhythm games there!" Though he did zone out at the talk of beer, he did toast with the others, using the sports drink he was planning on having while at the arcade.

"I haven't had S'mores in a while!" Josh replied at the notion of having dinner out here. His smile turned toward Isaac. "Count me in on that, too! All I have is some leftover trail mix from work, but if we're having a potluck, that's what I got! Should have been more prepared!"

Josh reflected on how different his first day of work with the Rangers was compared to all the training he did for the Gym Challenge. It was a lot more fulfilling, yes, but it was also a lot harder work. He took out his Johto Gym Badge case containing five Badges, pulled out a small notepad stored underneath the raised tray that held them. It was filled with notes on all his battles with Gym Leaders, particularly on ones he had repeatedly lost to. He also reflected on the words racing through his subconscious, dreaming mind last night. If the others listened closely, they could hear him repeating these words aloud:

Your courage is admirable, but you sorely lack the foresight to use it. Your confidence is admirable, but you sorely lack the judgment to use it. Your ambition is admirable, but you sorely lack the insight to use it.

Those words flew through Josh's mind on loop as he flipped through his old notes on what he did well in his Gym Challenge and what he could do to improve. He closed the lid on his Badge case, with the notepad still in his hand. "Today...today I chose a new path," Josh said with a solemn look on his face. "To do that, I had to give up one dream to pursue another. A dream that did not work out. But now I have a new dream. One I am sure will come true. I want to pursue this new dream as a new and better person." He undid the belt containing his five other Pokémon, doing his best to hold their Balls up to eye-level. "Today...I'm retiring from the Gym Challenge. I have no need for these anymore." He tossed the notepad into the fire in front of him, then redid his belt. Many of his Pokémon, even the normally emotionless Absol, became beady-eyed as they saw it burn.

{WC: 772}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Resheph       Dragonair      Good
Twilight      Absol          Good
Aslan         Pyroar         Good
Saber         Manectric      Good
Bladestorm    Skarmory       Good
Snacker       Sharpedo       Good

TIER 1
Share your hopes for Hoenn's future (0/1)
Meet three new people: (3/3)
Think about your own personal future two times: (1/2)

TIER 2
Admit something to a friend: (0/1)
Feed a paper to the fire (1/1)
Talk about your future, romantic or platonic, with 5 different characters: (5/5)

close tab

played by

lucina

She / Her
June 10
Ecruteak City, Johto
Ace / ?-romantic
Boba Cafe Barista
Elite
May you always know pain as temporary and laughter better.
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xiura
Xiura Balfaltin
✧ BONFIRE BONANZA
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 1:59:07 GMT
Xiura Balfaltin Avatar
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]EVENT: BONFIRE BONANZA

[attr="class","kikan"]
's words were a mixture of sad and happy news. Hearing of her family member's death, Xiura reached out to touch her old friend's forearm in sympathy. "Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. She was a very kind person." Xiura remembered the occasions when Naomi and her grandmother would visit the teahouse, and how close and familial the two were.

Xiura couldn't help but express her admiration for Naomi's pursuits, in turn. "What you've been doing in Slateport now sounds amazing, though. She'd be proud. You're in school and running a business? That's a lot of hard work."

As the bonfire was lit, she couldn't help but watch as the flames burned higher and higher, fingering the slip of paper in her pocket.

"I haven't been to Zev's bar yet. I'll have to stop by sometime and try one of your brews. And please, you're welcome anytime! If you remember Litten, he's now an Incineroar and in charge of the boba." She leaned in and admitted in a theatrical whisper, "He's even better than me at striking the perfect balance of sweet and chewy, but don't let him know. It'll go to his head."

With a nod and polite, "I'll be back in a moment," to her friends, Xiura walked up to the bonfire and fed her confession to the flames. As the edges curled and blackened, she turned away, returning to the others and Clefairy.

"Time to hand out s'mores ingredients and skewers!" she said to Clefairy, who trilled happily and started bouncing up to the various attendees to offer them graham crackers, chocolate bars, and skewers with marshmallows to roast.

| and everyone else too!

Notes: Outfit

TIER 2 PROMPTS
+ Admit something to a friend: (1/1)
+ Feed a paper to the fire (1/1)
+ Talk about your future, romantic or platonic, with 5 different characters: (1/5)

ℳ𝒾𝓏𝑜.☽

[newclass=.joker]width: 360px; height: 140px; padding: 20px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ig:hover .joker]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.game]text-align:center; line-height: 9px; margin-top:10px;opacity:0;font:bold 10px muli; letter-spacing: 2px; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-delay: .3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.game a]font:bold 10px muli; letter-spacing: 2px; font-style: italic; color: #ffffff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ig:hover .game]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;transition-delay: .3s; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ninety]width:400px;height:180px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/gSuyykH.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kikan]width: 65px; height: 65px; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; transform: rotate(45deg); z-index: 2; margin-top: -27px; margin-bottom: -39px; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ig:hover .kikan]filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); transition: 0.6s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Muli]
[googlefont=Open Sans]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,022 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
✧ BONFIRE BONANZA
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 3:46:16 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","mon"]

[attr="class","monlyrics"]Time to dance in the flames
[attr="class","monbody"]The bonfire party was really picking up now as dusk deepened into night and more people started gathering along the beach, often looking appreciatively at 's s'more supplies. In the center of the beach, the bonfire was finally kindled, and people quickly began tossing their slips of paper into the flames, letting their past worries and sorrows disintegrate into rising smoke and tumbling ashes atop the sticks and sand. Strains of lively, carefree music filtered through the warm summer air as a band started performing in the distance, inviting the attendees to dance and sing along.

Aurelie looked up with bright-eyed curiosity when and wandered up to their group to sunnily say hello. "Hello!" she exclaimed, startled when Cygne pointed her out as someone she'd met before. Remembrance sank in swiftly when she mentioned the casino, though. "Oh yes, the girl with the long red coat and the cane! I hope you've been doing well since then. It's nice to see you again, and to meet your friend," she added, smiling pleasantly at Isaac.

The approach of and her ensuing exchange with warmed Aurelie's heart, reminding her a little of her own recent reunion with her longtime pen pal @georgette, with whom she'd been corresponding for a little over a decade, and she smiled and nodded welcomingly to the young pink-haired girl. The arrival of took her a little more by surprise, but she listened politely enough to his toast and his personal announcement of his new life path.

Thinking about her own life's path, the red-haired smith paused to regard the slips of paper in her hands: one containing a past sorrow, the other containing a future aspiration. As she watched others toss their papers into the bonfire, Aurelie felt moved to do the same. "I too will be back in a moment, and I'm sure you'll all wait with bated breath for my return," she declared teasingly, giving a single ironic wave of her hand before turning toward the bonfire.

Walking up to the bonfire, she held onto her papers for a moment longer, before casting them into the fire. She watched the flames dancing gently, shimmering in all shades of red and orange and gold, luxuriating in the sense of heat and energy emanating from them. In the flames, she thought, things are broken down, and purified, and then made new into something rich and strange and powerful. Let this be the case with me as well. Let me also be melted down and reforged anew.

[attr="class","montag"]

Open to interactions | Outfit | Eyepatch
TIER 1 PROMPTS
Share your hopes for Hoenn's future (x5 Pokeballs)
Meet three new people (1x Level Tutor)
Think about your own personal future two times (1x Sparkling Dust)

TIER 2 PROMPTS
Admit something to a friend (x1 Type 2 Evo)
Feed a paper to the fire (x1 Premium Gacha)
Talk about your future, romantic or platonic, with 5 different characters (x1 Randomized fire or water egg)

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.mon]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mon img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monlyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monbody]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag]text-align:center;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag a]font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
579 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
✧ BONFIRE BONANZA
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 17:15:12 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

"Cheers, mate!" Jack raises his cup to in greeting as he arrives though he disengages from the conversation in search of food and booze. Nodding to as he stands, Jack replies, "Yeah good idea. Looks like Isaac brought some extras but more food can't hurt! Plus it looks like they are lighting the fire now." Watts glances at the pair as they stand but Jack gives him a silent hand gesture to stay, so instead of following along the Boltund continues to run and roll in the sand around the group of people.

Jack sets off at a slow pace, relishing the way his feet feel as they sink into the warm sand of the beach. Angling toward the fire, Jack turns to his older companion. "I know everyone is talking about this weird barrier and the impending doom of the asteroid strike, but things feel really great right now," he says to Zev as they walk. "All my time in Galar, I never really had anyone I was close with except for Watts," he admits to his companion, ""But here it seems like I can't go anywhere without bumping into a friend or meeting a new one. Hoenn feels more like home now than Galar ever did, at least in my heart."

Jack blinks away a tear at the sudden realization of what he had just spoken out loud, keeping his gaze trained on the bonfire rather than Zev. He reaches his hand into the pocket of his shorts and takes up the slip of paper. With barely a thought, he flicks it into the flames where it is consumed instantly, disappearing in a thread of smoke that rises gently into the oncoming night. It is easy to let go of the past when the present is so bright, he thinks to himself before turning toward the food tent.

NOTES:
+ Meet three new people (x1 Level Tutor)[break]+ Admit something to a friend (x1 Type 2 Evo)[break]+ Feed a paper to the fire (x1 Premium Gacha)
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
✧ BONFIRE BONANZA
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2022 18:57:32 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
Zev gave a friendly nod in greeting as the boy introduced himself but disengaged as well when agreed with his suggestion to get more food. They split from the growing crowd and headed for the tents Zev had mentioned.

As they walked, Zev listened as Jack shared about his life in Galar. The admission was unexpected, but Zev supposed they had spent enough time together for the younger man to see him as someone in which he could confide. It was what friendship demanded, he observed — the sharing of secrets.

Zev could play this game.

He placed a hand on Jack's shoulder for just a moment, a gesture of acknowledgement and acceptance. "Hoenn wouldn't be the same without you," he said. Then, cracking a grin, he added, "Patronage has gone up at the bar since your review, you know!"

Zev withdrew his hand and faced the bonfire as they paused in front of it. He took out the paper in his pocket and tossed it unceremoniously into the flames. The paper caught and crumbled into ash within seconds. He thought again about Caleb, the brother he'd lost, the brother he'd see again. Soon, Zev promised to himself. I'll find you soon.

The two men turned their backs to the fire after a moment of solemn silence, resuming their trip to the tents. "You know," Zev said to Jack, "we haven't hung out since that trip to the whiskey distillery. We should fix that. There's lots to see and do in Slateport."

NOTES
+ Bonfire Bonanza Mega Thread
+ Outfit

TIER 1 PROMPTS
+ Think about your own personal future two times (2/2) (x1 Sparkling Dust)

TIER 2 PROMPTS
+ Admit something to a friend (x1 Type 2 Evo)
+ Feed a paper to the fire (x1 Premium Gacha)
+ Talk about the future with 1/5 characters (x1 Fire or Water egg)
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,341 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
✧ BONFIRE BONANZA
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 2:31:18 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
Naomi Sato Avatar

Nomi smiled appreciatively at 's departing form as her old friend moved away from the group and walked over to the now raging bonfire, feeling her chest swell with a sudden warmth, overjoyed to have reconnected with someone she hadn't realized until this very moment she had actually dearly missed. I always meant to keep in touch with her, find out where she was! Life got hectic after Granny's death. I'll do better this time. We'll stay friends in Hoenn. Nomi made a mental note to make a trip up to Xiura's tea shop as soon as she had some free time away from her studies and brewing.

Realizing someone new was addressing her, Nomi turned her attention to , who had just introduced himself and mentioned something about video games. "Actually, I wasn't much of a gamer until Jack got me into them recently," Nomi replied politely, turning to grin at and give him an opening to say something...except, Jack wasn't there - he seemed to have walked off, as well. She looked towards the bonfire again and caught a glimpse of his tall form standing next to Zev's. Since when had the two of them become such close friends? Not that she knew the owner of Howling at the Moon well, but for some reason she hadn't expected him to be a close friend of Jack's. Perhaps it was because Valerian like Jack but not Zev?

She turned back to Josh to apologize for getting distracted by Jack's absence, but as she opened her mouth to speak she realized the young man had turned away from her and was addressing the crowd at large about his decision to retire from the Gym Challenge. She snapped her jaw shut, and sighed softly, feeling tired all of a sudden. Keeping up with everything going on at this bonfire wasn't exactly easy for an introvert such as herself.

Valerian nudged her hand, as if sensing her slight distress. She scratched his ears absently, and muttered, "You're right, we should get some food." She remembered someone saying they'd brought extra snacks. "Isaac, right?" She identified the young man with the blond hair ( ) and smiled warmly at him. "I'm going to throw my papers in the bonfire, but then I'd really love some of those snacks you offered. I'll be right back!"

Nomi hurried over to the massive bonfire, Valerian at her heels. The flames were crackling so loudly as they burned, Nomi could barely hear what the other people around her were saying to one another as they fed their papers to the fire. Without hesitation, Nomi threw both of her own papers into the fire: the one that held her painful memories and the one that held her hopes for the future. She squeezed her eyes shut, feeling the intense heat from the fire flushing her cheeks, and waited to see what she might feel from the experience of casting off her sentiments.

Her stomach grumbled loudly.

She giggled, and opened her eyes. "Time for a s'more and some other snacks," She chuckled to Valerian. He purred softly - his own version of a laugh.

Bonfire Party Mega Thread[break] + + + + open to others!

TIER 2 PROMPTS
+ Admit something to a friend: (0/1)
+ Feed a paper to the fire (1/1)
+ Talk about your future, romantic or platonic, with 5 different characters: (0/5)

[googlefont=Lora]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,022 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
✧ BONFIRE BONANZA
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2022 22:59:35 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","mon"]

[attr="class","monlyrics"]Time to dance in the flames
[attr="class","monbody"]After casting her slips of paper into the fire, Aurelie finished the last of the beer in her cup and smiled to herself, feeling a sense of warmth and well-being slowly spreading throughout her body. Unfortunately, she couldn't find anywhere to throw away the empty cup responsibly, and she couldn't bring herself to just fling it away in the sand and add litter to the beautiful stretch of beach. She wandered away from the bonfire, ignoring the crowds of milling people who were also throwing slips of paper into the fire in her pursuit of a trashcan or bag somewhere.

Eventually, she found herself back in the vicinity of the food tents, where it certainly made sense to have plenty of bins for people to throw away food wrappers and cups. After tossing away her tumbler into a metal trashcan, she caught sight of two familiar figures also making their way to the food tents.

The sight of smiling and socializing with seeming sincerity never failed to startle her, but a small smile crept slowly across Aurelie's lips as she looked at beside him, his expression looking nostalgic yet also hopeful and happy in the flickering firelight. And she had to admit, he looked terribly appealing with his shirt open like that. Or with no shirt on at all, for that matter. She found herself wistfully wishing she could have gotten to know him a little better in a setting a little quieter than this bonfire party or the Ren-Fair where they'd met, with both of them sober and more comfortable with their surroundings.

I should just tell him that, Aurelie thought suddenly. She wasn't sure if it was the beer talking, considering it hadn't been that strong or that much, or just her own thoughts asserting themselves. And see where it goes. The direct approach is always the best, right?

And her rational mind and many memories of past experiences all supplied reasons why that wasn't true, but she forged forward anyway across the rapidly cooling sands toward the two men. She smiled politely and said hello to both of them. Then, biting her lip hesitantly, Aurelie turned to Jack.

"Hey, Jack," she said slowly and un-suavely, feeling her way through what she was trying to say. "I know we don't know each other that well, but I'll admit it straight out: I think you're cute. Really cute. And you seem really nice and easy to talk to." Maybe a little too easy, she thought ruefully, remembering her long rambling diatribe during their first conversation.

"So with all that, I'd like to get to know you better. Want to hang out together sometime during the Splashfest Festival?" she asked. "We can get dinner together or just walk along the beach and watch the fireworks."

Aurelie paused for a moment, wondering if she was rambling yet again. She added quickly, "But you don't have to make up your mind now. Or you can say no! No hard feelings either way. I promise."

[attr="class","montag"]

| Open to interactions | Outfit | Eyepatch
TIER 2 PROMPTS
Admit something to a friend (x1 Type 2 Evo)
Feed a paper to the fire (x1 Premium Gacha)
Talk about your future, romantic or platonic, with 5 different characters (x1 Randomized fire or water egg)

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.mon]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mon img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monlyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monbody]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:11px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag]text-align:center;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag a]font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

Toni, Huntress
She, Her, Boss
August 6
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
whatever she's feelin' like
Poacher
Boss Bitch
I keep a record of the wreckage of my life
awards
252 posts
part of
TAG WITH @toni
Antoinette Spina
✧ BONFIRE BONANZA
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 21:56:08 GMT
Antoinette Spina Avatar
[attr="class","toni"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Toni is only mildly disappointed that Jupiter doesn’t seem to know what may be going on. Another quick look around gives her a few more clues. Pondering the future, praying for hope. It’s all a futile effort but Toni can see how people may find solace in it. Growing up, it was instilled in her, rooted deep in her philosophies, that you made your own future. You take what you want, everything can be bought for a price so have plenty of money and you’ll be happy.

Right?

“Just for fun?” her gaze turns back from the surroundings to meet Jupiter’s, “Are you having fun, Ms. Torres?” If they weren’t, Toni could change that.

“Antoinette Spina,” she extends a well-manicured hand in greeting as she offers her the stranger a warm smile, “But you can call me Toni,” there’s emphasis on the word for a reason, meant to make their meeting a bit more intimate.

Her delicate features shift slightly when she tilts her head, “I love your hair, by the way. It’s beautiful. Care to join me for a drink, Jupiter?” she saw some people floating around with beverages. She hopes there is alcohol somewhere.

@jupiter

Share hope for Hoenn’s future (0/1)
Meet three new people (1/3)
Think about your own personal future (2/2)
Admit something to a friend (0/1)
Feed a paper to the fire (0/1)
Talk about your future, romantic or platonic with 5 different characters (0/5)

outfit

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".toni"]--accent:#B87CFA; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".toni blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".toni blockquote b, .toni blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".toni .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #B87CFA; [/newclass] [newclass=.toni .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.toni .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]