363 posts
sagira mosse DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sagira
sagira mosse
MANTINE SURFING (SPLASHFEST)
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 16:16:48 GMT
sagira mosse Avatar
they landed the magikarp splash, finally, and she was grinning as delta clapped excitedly at the shoreline. she could have wrapped up there and gone home, but instead, she took the next wave, trying for one last success at the magikarp splash.

r20MWZtX

total points previous round: 10250
( 1000 + 2500 + 1750 + 5000 )
close tab

played by

mad

iseult
she/her
august 27
laverre city
demisexual
league intern / student
civilian
25 height
25 height
we survive only by our nature
awards
172 posts
part of
TAG WITH @iseult
iseult babineaux
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 16:36:12 GMT
iseult babineaux Avatar
nice. they were close to the next throne now, but unfortunately, there was only enough time for one more trick. would it be all they needed, or would they come short of one last little victory? splashfest had really not been her proudest moment.

they went for a wave, iseult clinging to hope that she would be able to perform the trick as good as before.

"primarina twist!"

PrfDOl2E

total points previous round: 9100
( 100 + 1000 + 1750 + 2500 + 1750 + 1000 + 1000 )
close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
i wish i were better, i wish i had strength. i wish i had anything to prove i was brave.
awards
468 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2022 20:02:47 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar
[nospaces]

One more.[break]
They had enough time for one more try before he had to return to work.[break][break]

Just as he'd done time and time again prior, he resurfaced amidst the waters within the wake of his most recent wipeout. With a hum beneath his breath, he pulled himself atop his steadfast companion as he gazed across the horizon a final time, a faint grin tugging upon his lips all the while.[break][break]

Without a speck of hesitation, he leaned towards one side to guide the beast along the waves once more.[break][break]

One more Magikarp Splash, whether success or fail.[break][break]

t08v8FkQ
[break][break]

@tag[break]
16850 pts + ?

close tab

played by

Josh

Josh Dragomir
He/Him/His
Feb 5
Lavaridge Town
Eyes For Izumi
Exec VP of RaiCorp
Senior Ranger
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
887 posts
part of
TAG WITH @josh
Josh Dragomir
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 0:09:40 GMT
Josh Dragomir Avatar

This was it. His last chance. One final opportunity to hit the Magikarp Splash. Josh had pretty much thrown the entire competition in pursuit of this. One way or the other, he would be free. Perhaps after this, he'd take some actual Mantine Surfing lessons so this never happened again.

Oh who was he kidding: Of course it would. His luck was terrible.

YXxNHyu4

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 2:08:15 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
MAGIKARP SPLASH. One last time!

The waves crested and curled as she boarded her last Mantine for the summer...

nhw4BRYD

Oof.

TALLY:
MAGIKARP SPLASH: 5000 POINTS
OVER-THE-GYARADOS: 2500 POINTS
STARMIE 720: 1750 POINTS
PRIMARINA TWIST (x5): 5000 POINTS
LANTURN: 500 POINTS
GOREBYSS SPIN: 100 POINTS
TOTAL: 14,850 POINTS

WE DID IT FAM WE GOT ALL THE TRICKS!

[break]
[break]
[break]
Mantine Surfing ✿ Magikarp Splash
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
July 5
Fortree City
pansexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
Single
135 height
135 height
awards
612 posts
Julia Davis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @julia
Julia Davis
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 2:25:31 GMT
Julia Davis Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julia"]
[attr="class","juliaw"]

One last chance. One last shot at the Magikarp Splash. Could Julia do it? Could she overcome the odds?

[break][break]
nd6B324a

[break]SPLASH!

[break][break]... That was a no, then. It was a shame, but it wasn't the end of the world. "You did real good out there, buddy," she said, patting the Mantine on the head. "C'mon, let's get back to shore."

[attr="class","julianotes"]

[break]Gorebyss Spin: +100
[break]Lanturn 360: +500
[break]Primarina Twist: +1000
[break]Starmie 720: +1750
[break]Over-the-Gyarados: +2500
[break]TOTAL: 5850

[attr="class","juliapokes"]

[newclass=.julia] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julia b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia i] color: #d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julia u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliatag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliatag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julianotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julianotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliaw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.julia span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.juliapokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.juliapokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lucina

She / Her
June 10
Ecruteak City, Johto
Ace / ?-romantic
Boba Cafe Barista
Elite
May you always know pain as temporary and laughter better.
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xiura
Xiura Balfaltin
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 2:47:48 GMT
Xiura Balfaltin Avatar
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]SPLASHFEST: MANTINE SURFING

[attr="class","kikan"]
Xiura and the Mantine swerved into the incoming path of a huge wave, marking their final attempt at a trick.

"Primarina Twist!"

umDAzSZV

Points: 1000 (Primarina Twist) + 5000 (Magikarp Splash) + 2500 (Over-the-Gyarados) + 1750 (Starmie 720) + 500 (Lanturn 360) + 100 (Gorebyss Spin) + 1750 (Starmie 720) + 1000 (Primarina Twist) = 13600

ℳ𝒾𝓏𝑜.☽

[newclass=.joker]width: 360px; height: 140px; padding: 20px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ig:hover .joker]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.game]text-align:center; line-height: 9px; margin-top:10px;opacity:0;font:bold 10px muli; letter-spacing: 2px; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-delay: .3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.game a]font:bold 10px muli; letter-spacing: 2px; font-style: italic; color: #ffffff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ig:hover .game]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;transition-delay: .3s; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ninety]width:400px;height:180px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/2pTWjly.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kikan]width: 65px; height: 65px; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; transform: rotate(45deg); z-index: 2; margin-top: -27px; margin-bottom: -39px; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.ig:hover .kikan]filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); transition: 0.6s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Muli]
[googlefont=Open Sans]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 2:49:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

MANTINE SURFING

SPLASHFEST

AS THE MANTINE SURFING HUT shuts down for the summer, fernando takes one last ride. the sudden shift in priorities have made his showing less than spectacular but he’s content with his skill level. it’s good exercise and good training for his new sense of balance.

as the last wave of the day stirs in the distance, he defaults to his favorite trick.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]
cRbyvppH

OVER-THE-GYARADOS
TOTAL: 7500 pts
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 3:26:15 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]last day... nikki slacked off on this.

using the paw paw power, she leads her mantine into the trick and hopes for the best.

maybe, just maybe, it'll be enough to clutch more points before the clock strikes midnight.

a girl can hope, right?

jnkVk9eQ
attempting over-the-gyarados
6000 points

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 3:40:09 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]

"Let's make this count!" he said as him and his partner sped off into the waves, riding high after the last jump.

nKuaQ6dr

ooc: NOW I GOTTA USE THIS ONE TO KEEP TRACK AAAAAAAAAH

moves done:

• magikarp splash - 5000 (95-100)
  • over-the-gyarados - 2500 (85-100)
  • starmie 720 - 1750 (75-100)
  • primarina twist - 1000 (50-100)
  • lanturn 360 (25-100) - 500
  • gorebyss/huntail spiral - 100 (1-100)

total points: 15,8500

[/nospaces]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 3:50:56 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gabe"]
one last hoorah. one last attempt to get this old, goliath of a body, up into the air.

[break][break]
one last MAGIKARP SPLASH.

[attr="class","notes"]h0awdn3e[break]

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".gabe"] --accent:#b75d5d; [/newclass]

[newclass=".gabe"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .gabe blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .gabe blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gabe .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2022 5:20:07 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Can she do it? Can she land her very last attempt at the Primarina Twist?[break] [break] Honestly, it doesn’t matter. What does matter is that she’s had fun and has grown to adore the Mantine she’s been playing with this whole time. In fact, she’s rather reluctant to part from them! Perhaps they’ll meet again someday in Hoenn’s vast seas…

[break][break]

[break][break]
OASPwKf4[break]Point Total:[break]24500

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]

[/quote]