awards
3,170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
WINTER MASQUERADE [Holiday Event]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 5:06:12 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she's gone dark on him. that first night, upon licking her wounds, it struck her just how very alone she was. no home, no family, and no refuge. she pondered for hours of returning to that charred patch of land, but pride kept her rooted on the sandy beaches of an inlet just outside of pacifidlog. 

a knapsack houses the entirety of her draconic horde, collected out of fear her deal with the ranger would be revoked, that her dragons might face repercussions. 

it's shoved in one of those crags now, hidden fifty feet below sea level and guarded by her aquatic monsters.

when news sprung up about the masquerade, she took out a balance from her finances (dwindling as they are) and went to her storage box. she spent an hour digging for the dress she had in mind, another hour still sifting through family heirlooms to uncover the mask. 

and now here she stands, donned in blue-green satin with golden scales upon her shoulder. her garb is reminiscent of the battlefield on littleroot; golden rings at the end of each of her fingers extend delicate claws. she holds her chin high, eyes skipping over the crowd.

searching for a spark.
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 11:49:44 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","skyler0"]
She doesn't wait for a break in the crowd, or for a pause in the gentle orchestral tunes.
[break][break]
Though that last Gravedigger paints her sun-kissed cheeks a faint pink, Skyler still weaves past bejeweled pairs unhampered. She's a discordant chord amongst the elegant finery, sidestepping flowing skirts in single-minded pursuit. Her mercurial gaze cuts through the ballroom with predatory sharpness as if daring anyone to deter her from her mission - gambling against fate to find yet another flash of ocean blue.
[break][break]
If she jostles some people along the way, their protests fall on uncaring ears. Even goes unrecognized, though Skyler's gaze lingers momentarily in the curve of a dragon's snout. 
[break][break]
's and 's dance isn't immediately interrupted by Skyler, if only because she takes her time to position herself behind the pilot, just enough for her hand to sneakily give his butt a firm squeeze. "Sorry, cutie." Her voice is a smooth drawl over Angelo's shoulder, focused entirely on the pink-haired woman before her. The captain's lips curl into a devilish half-smile, matching the curled horns of her bronze mask. "I'm afraid this one's mine now." 
[break][break]
It's a simple affair to turn him around to face her, to have calloused fingers drag across the exposed skin of his arm. She steps close, closer, until any sense of propriety promptly crumbles to dust under the heel of her impudence. Until their breaths mingle and her voice teases against the line of his jaw. Edging the fine line between a dare and a command.
[break][break]
"My turn." 
[break][break]
And she whisks him away into the crowd in a careless whirl, wholly unfitting for any sort of ballroom dance. She throws her head back and laughs hungrily, in perfect defiance of the surrounding ballroom and its gold-spun illusions.
[break][break]
[attr="class","notes"]outfit | coat | mask[break]- jostling people, sorry sorry not sorry[break]- bumps against , but continues on her quest [break]- interrupts and 's dance [break]- steals away for a dance, of sorts [break]- prompt: cutting in on a dance

[attr="class","wizzcredit"]

[newclass=".skyler0"] --accent:#6592A0; [/newclass]

[newclass=".skyler0"]margin:0 auto;width:470px;line-height:15px;margin-top:-20px;margin-bottom:50px; font-size:12px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".skyler0 blockquote b"] color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; } .skyler0 blockquote i { color:var(--accent); } .skyler0 blockquote u { letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted; [/newclass]
[newclass=".skyler0 .wizzcredit"]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;padding:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".skyler0 .notes"] margin:25px 30px -15px 30px; text-align:center; padding-top:10px; border-top:1px solid #222; font:11px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 15:20:08 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","revivedpog"]
[attr="class","top"]

lance coughs out a laugh that's practically dripping in condescension.[break][break]

"that's ironic coming from you."[break][break]

his glass tips back as he downs the rest of his drink. the burn in the back of his throat keeps him present.[break][break]

"i'm sure you don't need me to tell you, or maybe you do, but stay the fuck away from her and roman. they don't need to get caught up in your shit any more than they already have."[break][break]

notes:[break]
- chatting with [break]

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-shedinja"]

[newclass=".revivedpog"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

roux

hugo, mr. darcy
he/him
may 2
EverGrande City
very married
museum curator/collector
grunt
I am guilty
for your love
27 height
27 height
deep into that darkness peering, wondering, fearing, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream
awards
60 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hugo
Hugo Albrecht
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 17:20:16 GMT
Hugo Albrecht Avatar
[attr="class","pizzabox"]
[attr="class","top"]
"Suppose that's true." Hugo really should have done the same, connecting that was. However, this event wasn't about work and he had learned to keep old obsessions at bay. Hazel helped with that, of course. Life wasn't about making up for life's lowball throws. Working wasn't his purpose in life and he was happy in ways he hadn't been years ago.

Though he knew that @albrecht had plans and he wasn't about to keep him from doing the things he wanted, but he'd be damned if they went to a masquerade and didn't at least dance. Getting Hazel out to parties was entirely too elusive for him to risk losing out on, that was for damn sure. Hugo laughed at that, "Thank you for kissing my ass, but we all know that isn't true. Lying isn't your greatest talent, darling." As if anyone could look better than Hazel, regardless of a mask or not or even of Hugo's obvious bias in the matter.

As the event began, he realized he'd have likely very little time to take advantage of this before Hazel was whisked away by museum fancies. Admittedly, Hugo was rather interested himself, though he'd been to this museum plenty of times before. As much as his own was filled with stolen artifacts, even grand places like this were merely displays of theft and grand cultural larceny, put behind glass and called an exhibit. The National Museum of Natural History was a fancier setting, but   was no less a thief than himself.

He looked over at his husband, after plucking a drink from one of the waiters and handing it over. Luckily there wasn't too much in the flute to get the slighter man drunk over, but they both knew where this was going. "Dance with me?" He asked, attempting as much charm as he could to entice the other before adding, "Please. Don't make me beg."

- open to interaction [break]
- wearing tailored suit & mask[break]
- asks @albrecht to dance, of course.[break]
- fulfilling prompt 1[break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY

[newclass=".pizzabox"]--accent:#985fb3; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,436 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 23:36:41 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","thad"]
[attr="class","thadmain"]In a brief lull of action while Isaac was busy being the life of the party, Cyg took a moment to actually examine the drink menu lacquered to a table. Ah, so everything here was for pansies. Understood. No wonder it all tasted so good.

Voices draw her back into herself and she catches the tail end of saying something ridiculous to Isaac about getting rid of the competition and Cygne laughs so hard she snorts.

“Sorry,” she says, wiping a tear off her face from under her mask, “ah, fuck me, that’s a good one, though. Funniest thing I’ve heard all night.”

It’s so funny, actually, that she’s missed Elisa being ditched for someone else until it’s too late.

As Isaac lead her out onto the dance floor, she prodded Ash in the chest with one finger.

“You’re next, kid.”

----tldr----
dress - mask - sword - hair
open for interactions

[attr="class","thadtag"]
[attr="class","thadpoke"]
[newclass=.thad] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.thadmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.thadtag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.thad b] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad i] color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thad u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #876C7C; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.thad a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.thadpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,878 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 23:41:26 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Even recognized Josh. Even if he had taken more effort to keep his identity secret, his combination of voice, personality, and Gym Leader status would make him far too easily recognizable. Though being a celebrity had a lot of benefits, true lack of privacy was one of them. "Evening, and thanks! Easy to see through me, huh? I feel like I know you two from somewhere but I can't put my finger on it." He turned toward . " ? It's been a while! We need to get caught up later. I'm gonna wander for a bit. You should check out 's teas. They're really good."

With Josh having been requested to withdraw "Raikou", he wandered the perimeter of the busy dance floor, various genres of music blaring from each of its four corners. One particular corner, that of , played a lot of electronic music. While he didn't recognize individual songs, he did recognize the genre. As he did not have a dancing partner, he didn't have to worry about overwhelming others with his tap-like style. Anyone who had played four-panel rhythm games would immediately recognize the inspiration; anyone who didn't might have thought the young man was about to make a fool of himself. He unhooked his plastic sword and sheath from his side and began a fast, intricate sequences of ups, downs, lefts, and rights to the beat...

{WC: 231}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Saber          Manectric       Good

PROMPT 9: MASTER OF DISGUISE - isn't , silly!
- Josh greets back, mis-identifies , then slinks off to wander.
- Josh wanders toward a corner of the dance floor playing electronic music.
- DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION (for real this time) XDDDDDDDD
- Costume: Manectric> Painted like Raikou, wearing a mask, tail dongle, and saddle in the likeness of Raikou's face, tail, and thundercloud. Josh> Dressed in his Halloween costume resembling his vision of what the Hero of Johto/Raikou's Avatar would look like. Very Medieval knight-like.
- OPEN TO INTERACTION!
- The following characters can immediately recognize him and have permission to privately verbally unmask him: NIKY RACZ KYLE LOPEZ ELINOR ANDERSON CALLAN YOUNG ASHLEY SAWYER MINT FROST MELODY MIRO ISAAC MERLO MATIAS SILPH EVA MORALES
close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-two
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmhand
ex-ranger captain
oh, honey
like the summer sunshine
6'5'' height
6'5'' height
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,112 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 0:38:38 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
he saw the first one coming a mile away, but the second one got him.

”alright, dude. that’s my family, not yours—and it’s never gonna be your family, ‘cause you’re a fuckin’ asshole and she’s gonna see that.”

he watched him down the drink, a rage building that was a special mixture of all things he didn’t want to feel.

”why don’t you sober up and quit being stupid?”
tldr:
- here, masked and dateless
- talkin to  
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-eight
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,691 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 9:29:05 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Three more drinks at the bar haven't changed his attitude. His Shedinja, the little MIND READER, knows exactly how much of a toll the attack on GALAR and other factors in his life have taken on him. It's times like these when he remembers being pushed out onto the ballroom by his mother, forced to court and woo various noblewomen.

Strangely enough, a part of him yearns to dance.

Nevertheless, the prince resolves not to. Instead, he saunters off towards the edges of the cacophony with his cocktail in hand. There's an open balcony nearby and it's calling to him with the scent of flowers carried on a brisk breeze. Though he comes to a stop when, just ahead, a vaguely familiar figure appears out of the crowd. It's in the curls of pink hair, the curves of her body, and her voice when she speaks...

Masked, he dares to step forward.

Though his voice does grow slightly deeper.

"Pardon the intrusion, but I'd just like to say that you look marvelous tonight, fair lady," He compliments, issuing a polite albeit somewhat hesitant bow.

Could she see through him? Could he be allowed to steal another moment with her under this disguise? It was selfish and perhaps a bit wrong, he knew that. But, in a way, the royal prince felt it could help atone for the guilt of his lies.

Alternatively, the bartender might have just been a bit heavy-handed with the vodka in his drinks earlier.

"Are you here with someone?"

WINTER MASQUERADE
BALLROOM BAR

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,904 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 10:17:50 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar
Wait had he been wrong? The moment Isaac took the hands of another person, and lead that woman out to the dance floor he quirked a very hidden eyebrow. Adontis the little Pikachu, on his shoulder chuckled as if he had known the entire time, and ruffled Amor's perfectly straight silvery hair. Shaking his head so it fell back into place he looked at the Pikachu who had a smirk on his face.

"If you knew that why didn't you tell me?" He stared at the little troublemaker.

"Pikachu Pi Pi Chu Pika Pi!" Adontis shot back crossing his arms still smiling.

"I get that it was funny, but I'm trying to make a fool of myself y'know...." He sighed a little, but he felt the static filled fur nuzzle against his bare cheeks as Adontis apologized. "I know you're just sucking up to me so you can get sweets now." He called out his partner who gasped dramatically trying to hide the truth. That is when he heard the compliment of to him, and Adontis. A brilliant smile on his lips.

"I appreciate it, he's a bit of a handful of times, but he's my handful at the very least." And Amor had a very special Christmas Gift for Adontis this year, though the little Pikachu knew nothing about it. Draco had mentioned it to him once, and with the advent of Tera technology, he could make it happen. That is when a shock of white caught his eyes, and he looked out at the dance floor to see a stranger ( ) dancing with someone. It was nice to not be the only one with hair like this, and she was quite the stunner as well. Even though she was already taken for a dance, perhaps he could be the villain for one more night.

"Adontis go with Walter for a while, he'll lead you to the sweets." He spoke to his partner Pokemon who gleefully jumped onto the shoulders of another masked individual. As was already gone he would give a polite bow to , and . "Someone has caught my eye, and so I thought I might impose myself on them for a while. If I see you around again, let's get a drink." And with a quick heel turn he was weaving through the crowd, towards his target.

He waited patiently, and then his moment came when she was twirled outward, her arm fully extended, and he grasped her free hand, and gently tugged her out of grasp of her dance partner.

"My apologies for this. I just had to have a dance with you, and I am a bit of an impatient man. I hope that is okay?" Those words could be romantic to some, and serial killerish to others. Hopefully he fell on the right side of that fence in this womans eyes.

TLDR
Amor cuts in on Velda's dance with Louise!
Amor said goodbye to Ashely, and Luka for now!

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,438 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 10:32:03 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","revivedpog"]
[attr="class","top"]

as someone who once had a family, the comment struck a chord unlike any other, and the buried feelings of loss and guilt and anger come rising quickly. for now, they are held back, restrained by a lingering sense of professionalism and respect(?) for his fellow ranger.[break][break]

"yeah, sure."[break][break]

the glass is set down. with a chuckle, he pats bo's shoulder, hand remaining even after as if to emphasize his point.[break][break]

"you already left once. do us a favor and stay away for good this time."[break][break]

notes:[break]
- chatting with [break]

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-shedinja"]

[newclass=".revivedpog"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".revivedpog .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,969 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 14:28:17 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar could only shrug at Jayden's inquiry, it was just one of those nights. "Fair enough freindo." Jayden's companion would then reference something only a certain would know about, and Oscar snapped some finger guns his way.

"'Eyyy!" The universal announcement that someone recognizes another. Feeling confident in this company, Oscar was almost keen to agree with Fern's suggestion to dance. However his resolve waivered when Jayden was called away, leaving Oscar behind with Fern. Oscar gulped, he was not good with one on one dancing and would be honest about it.

"I um--sorry I'm not one for dancing. Maybe after a few drinks tho--oof!"

Oscar was taken aback as he was suddenly grabbed and dragged away by a mystery assailant. "What the fuck? Let go!" Oscar struggled, but this shortstack stranger was surprisingly strong--and Oscar had not built back any of the muscle mass lost during his sickness. Oscar looked helplessly toward Fern, managing to let out a "I'll find you once I escape!" Before being lost in the crowd.

Notes
--Prompts: Decline a dance.
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2022 16:42:11 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Muscular arms twirl back in, drawing her close.

Their sway then slows pace, Angelo pulling his focus in tightly to replace the billowing of showy skirts with the careful steps of another, subtly intricate dance.

Anticipation melting away even the beat of the music, when the explorer's sights focus on the prize he looks to pry.

You were saying that you've seen most of the exhibit before.” His curious smile, his gentle hand on her back, are nothing but honeyed confinement. “I bet you've got quite the tale to tell about how you got your hands o-

Remnants of 99943-Meteno do not get the chance to breathe into existence, stolen right from him when surprise grips his throat. 

Fingers that sink sharp into his butt interrupting all motion, in fact. Angelo pausing mid-dance with sweet, unaware still held in his arms, as the devil emerges at his back.

From his shadow, shows herself to purr seductions into his ear and tempted, his hunger detours. Moving on.

Is he, now? Looked to me like he was in the middle of something.

Narrowed eyes peering over his shoulder follows the cool, sarcastic drawl of a person who sounds vexed by the interruption and yet Angelo does not protest as he's pried away.

Fingertips seek out the small of Skyler's back, digging in with a firm tug to hoard the friction of her skin. Magnetised by breath teasing tightrope insolence against flesh. 

His metaphorical mask slips to reveal a self-satisfied smirk. “Took your time.

Before departing, he lifts 's hand to his lips, planting a kiss on their lingering connection as hollow as his promise. “I'll catch you when the exhibit opens.

Then the golden demon and the fox with an angelic smile draw away into the crowd. Angelo helping to part the sea of bodies as he encourages Skyler into a wild spin, completely unapologetic as facades are thrown away and their dance turns bold. Unbound.

Them.  

notes;

- dancing and playing 20 questions with
- interrupted right at the juicy part
- snatched by
- dancing with skyler all the way to a side thread 

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,584 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 4:02:03 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest3"]
[attr="class","nomitest3title"]

Winter Masquerade

[attr="class","nomitest3body"]

Nomi's mind whirled as her mysterious dance partner () explained his job to her in vague terms - co-owner of a company that deals in exploration and salvaging services - trying to recall if she knew of anything like what he was describing. He's not one of us, she guessed intuitively; in her experience, many of her fellow Rockets had rather mundane day jobs - false identities, really - but this man carried pride in himself and his career in a way that made her think that he wasn't faking some kind of beloved venture. Whoever he was, he seemed to have a tremendous amount of freedom - able to travel all across the region on a whim. Though the League government had the means to do such a thing, this man felt too loose to be government...the sort of man who lived life on his own terms. What had he found out in the world?[break][break]
He was asking her another question now, about the exhibit and how she'd acquired...what, her Tera Shard? She'd had a feeling that would come up eventually...[break][break]
Before he could finish his question, and before Nomi could even formulate an answer, however, she interrupted.[break][break]
Nomi ought to be angry - her dance with the handsome, roguish stranger was being cut short by some rude cut-in - but all she could do was stare openly at the woman standing before them. Whereas all of the women Nomi had seen at the event up until now had been wearing elaborate gowns, this woman had on a dashing, gold-trimmed pair of finely made pants. She wore a flowy white top that suited her figure, cinched at the waist with a corset-like belt. Her coat was a striking navy and gold, and it made Nomi think of a ship captain somehow. The woman's wavy hair was as gold as her horned mask. She was beautiful and Nomi found herself blushing profusely when the woman called her "cutie."[break][break]
The way the woman grabbed Nomi's dance partner - the man who had been so very curious about Nomi and her discoveries - was possessive and passionate, which only deepened the pink-haired girl's blush. Whatever had been happening between her and paled in comparison to this obvious display of intimacy. They are together, Nomi realized, feeling a bit stunned, and, well, played.[break][break]
He just wanted to dance with me for information, she chastised herself. I got carried away...thinking it was some kind of real dance or something. But he had been generous with her...and now he was kissing the back of her hand in a chivalrous gesture of parting, saying he would find her at the exhibit.[break][break]
Confusing...![break][break]
Nomi highly doubted they would meet again. And even if they did, Nomi would not be giving up her secrets so easily. Fool, she scolded herself, for how much she'd said already.[break][break]
Once and had moved off together, Nomi sighed and made her way to the bar, where Valerian soon re-joined her. "I'm truly nobody special," she lamented to the Sylveon. He made a disapproving sound, and she flashed him a wry smile. "Fine, I won't say that." All the same, she was left with a rather frustrating mix of confusing emotions - shame, irritation, longing, gratitude, resolve, regret...[break][break]
She turned to the bartender. "Give me whatever's strongest."

| | Open to interactions / currently free to dance![break][break]

NOTES

- Nomi's Dress[break]
- Nomi's Mask[break]
- Listens carefully to what says to her[break]
- Is momentarily enamored with the woman () who whisks her dance partner away, then becomes frustrated by the obvious fact that Angelo was playing her[break]
- Decides not to hold her breath for Angelo's return, goes over to the bar and demands a strong drink[break]
- Can the damn exhibit open up soon??

[attr="class","nomitest3pkmn"]

[attr="class","nomitest3credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nomitest3"]--accent:#f798d6;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 .nomitest3title"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;font:800 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 .nomitest3body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:jutify;font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 .nomitest3pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 .nomitest3credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:10px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 .nomitest3credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
God General's Wife
There are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy
awards
628 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 4:10:27 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]
[attr="class","nenet1body"]

Her expression undeniably fond in its own right at 's dismissal of her lateness, she gives a faint not of acknowledgement; the gilded cabochons adorning her updo-styled hair, catch the light with the motion, scattering golden rays across Zev's masked countenance.

[break][break]
Nenet then hums softly, her mouth quirking up impishly in its own right as she leans forward and whispers lowly in Zev's ear, "Aren't these things all about having too much to drink and being seen? You look quite dashing, by the by."

[break][break]
She steps flawlessly with her dance partner as they make their way around the floor, her movements mirroring Zev's every step; it's times like this she comes alive, the buzz of energy bouncing around the room feeding a desire to see and be seen.

[break][break]
The song is over much too soon, but thankfully another starts. "One more dance, and then let's find some drinks," Nenet suggests, the pads of her fingertips gently caressing the back of Zev's held hand as she speaks, still poised from the previous dance.

NOTES

- Small talk with Zev[break]
- Suggests one more dance and then refreshments.[break][break]
- Not open to interactions unless we've previously discussed it!.

[attr="class","nenet1pkmn"]

[attr="class","nenet1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1"]--accent:#EDE574;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 4:42:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

WINTER MASQUERADE

HOLIDAY BALL MEGATHREAD

FERNANDO SILPH CANNOT ESCAPE FAST ENOUGH. as able bodies more talented than him start to swarm the dancefloor, he escapes the swelling crowd with his two left feet. a sudden departure that feels guiltless despite the fact that his date (intern) is left to fend for her own. she can manage, he tells himself, unsympathetic to the plight of being unaccompanied at a ball.

it’s a scene he knows well and will continue to know for some time. a chance to build character, is the last mention he’ll allow his brain to muster before dashing it with the offerings of their open bar.

he cuts past many people, included, oblivious to their identities. despite his keen eye for battle, the vast attire of those in attendance obfuscates all but the obvious. for fernando has rarely seen any of these people this dolled him.

he is the exception. his formal wear is constant, day in and day out. whether it be a meeting or dance, his style of suits makes him iconic. standout.

easy to identify.

note(s):
- fernando arrives in his normal suit
- people who have met him in person repeatedly can probably recognize him
- wearing a plain mask that hides his eyes

- leaves the ballroom for the open bar

[attr="class","spiralpee"]
WINTER MASQUERADE
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited