[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Making a wish is a lot harder than it sounds. Out of a million things that you could possibly want out of this world, you only really get one chance to write it down and place it up for others to see. Pray hard enough and perhaps, a spirit might be kind enough to grant it. If not, better luck next year, right?[break][break]

She squints at her strip of paper, twirling her pen around as she looks to Reiner. And for once, he isn't looking back at her, his eyes far too focused on his own wish. With a pawprint to sign it off, he looks rather smug as he nibbles one end of the paper and lifts it up for her to see. It's a rather rough sketch... of a small blob and a long blob... and lots of spots and streaks above.[break][break]

"Yeah, I wish we could go on adventures together forever too!" She grins, throwing herself at Reiner and hugging him tight. And she'll pick up her on piece of paper, scribbling a few words down before readily tying up both their wishes.

We wish to always stick together as adventure buddies and uncover every bit of truth there is about our world! Just like momma did!

From the eaves, a pair of golden eyes watches on.[break][break]
[break]

Mesprit learns Wish!

[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"]the tanzaku tree

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 1:00:09 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
Normally, Maverick wasn’t really the type to do these types of things. Yet as the festival started and the night when on, here he was staring at the colored paper strip with a pen in hand. He took a moment to think about what he would wish more. Money? Power? Immortality? It was all things man would love to have, but none of them felt right to have. And come on, let’s be real.

The burnt charred man took in a deep breath, scribbling down his wish in his chicken scratch hand writing before moving to hand it up. It was a long shot, but what did he have to lose? Right? It wasn’t like it was really going to come true nor will anyone ever see it. Crimson colored orb stared at his hanging wish, a heavy sigh escaped him as he paid his last respects and moved on. After all, it was nothing but fairy dust and glitter after all.

OOC: aisha the roaring moon learns wish

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,219 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 2:20:13 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Melodypog3"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Melodypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-subtitle"]
If it’s war that you want then you got it. If it’s pain well I brought what you need.

[attr="class","Melodypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-icon"]

Melody brings her gargancle to the shrine. she had heard rumours of pokemon here learning the move wish after interacting with a tanzaku tree
[break][break]

She however also just wanted to wish for a year of prosperity to herself, and also...to find out what the hell exactly is going on in the mechanical kingdom, the book she kept with her being a major help in figuring out the secrets of that wilds area. [break][break]

However she knows that exploring it over and over would hopefully lead to answers, but until then, she'd continue to wish as she took action to bring about that prosperity she wanted. Everyone moving to their own beat, the vision she held when she was a gym leader.

[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Getting rid of steel beam to put wish on gargancle.
[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Melodypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Melodypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Melodypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Melodypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Melodypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#e1716b;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Melodypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Melodypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Melodypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Melodypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Melodypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#e1716b!important; }.Melodypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Melodypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Melodypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Melodypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Melodypog3-post i { color:#72b4ff; }.Melodypog3-post b { color:#e1716b;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Melodypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Melodypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Melodypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#e1716b;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#e1716b!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 6:11:04 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Navy doesn’t usually go in for these traditional celebrations, especially not alone. Walking amongst the stalls built around the base of the tree, he observes those around him. Young men struggle to win their dates, beautiful girls in yukata just as flattering, goldfish and other prizes. Kids eat snowcones together. Looking down at his own snowcone, he chuckles. Once more, he has more kinship with the children.[break][break]
His mind goes to the friends he’s made over the year. He goes to old friends, new friends. It goes to the one that seems to be at the center of this whole festival. Tanwyn, his Flygon, rests at his side. Levitating off the ground, she too watches the festival goes.[break][break]
Another thing Gabe’s missed.” He says sadly to his Pokemon, who has nothing to say. Tanwyn only looks at him with sad eyes.[break][break]
Kinda crazy they’re all making wishes when Jirachi can’t even make ‘em come true…I feel bad for the kid.” That, at least, earns him a coo.[break][break]
Guess while I’m here, may as well make a wish.” Putting down his snow cone, he pulls out a pen. There’s paper close by.[break][break]
What he wishes to write right away is I wish for Melody’s memory to come back. It won’t be that simple. The thought of it being that simple brings a sad smile to his face.[break][break]
I wish for Crystal and Raf to come back? No. That’s impossible.[break][break]
He looks to the people around him. Smiling. Happy. Oblivious to the ruination others say will be visited upon them or the machinations of the DRK Triad.[break][break]
He sacrificed a life with Melody and the love of two children to return two heroes. It was but one sacrifice of many, but he dwells on those heroes.[break][break]
I wish to find the Galarian heroes, then?[break][break]
No. Close, but no. The gods do not simply grant those wishes on whims.[break][break]
He hits on it soon enough.[break][break]
He writes his wish down.[break][break]
I wish for a clue on the whereabouts of the heroes Zacian and Zamazenta.
[break][break]
Just a clue, and he’ll do the rest. That's how detectives do things. He was one, once, before he was a warrior.[break][break]
There’s something he wants to say to them.

[break][break]

+ teaching Tanwyn Wish.

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,463 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 7:00:18 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas walked up to the shrine with his Blissey by his side.

Thomas stuck out like a sore thumb at the festival, not even bothering with the traditional attire. Still, he and his faithful Blissey, Joy, indulged in a snow cone each. The Blissey in particular looked delighted to have hers, while Thomas barely touched his.

Thomas handed the cone to his Blissey for a moment. It didn't take him long at all to think of a wish.

I wish for the safe return of

tags: @tag
notes: Teaching Blissey Wish

close tab

played by

Aria

Adel or Della
Her/She/Her
February 21
Ballonlea City
Heteroflexible
Ranger
Rookie
18 height
18 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
74 posts
part of
TAG WITH @adelaide
Adelaide Whiteley
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 21:50:29 GMT
Adelaide Whiteley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Adela"]
[attr="class","top"]

Adel has never been to a Tanabata festival before so this was for a first time. The food was nice alongside the outfits. It was truly a lovely event all this in honor the fated star-crossed lovers, Vega and Altair. The love story made for one of the sadness and meaningful story[break][break] Almost reminders her of the two legendary pokemon who now roam the region somewhere.
Her ralts also to be enjoying the festival in her own gaze at the stars maybe the ranger chuckled it. It didn't her long before she walked towards the shrine wondered about her own wish to wanted to make. A lot had been currently what happened inside of Galar although a lot of it was hazy she did remember her friends suffering[break][break] Keeping at the in mind she wrote wish as lackluster as it might have been.
I wish the best for my friends an allies like for those torment soul to put at ease and find happiness.

Ralts learned wish

[attr="class","ooc"] @charname [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ralts"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".Adela"]--accent:#87CEEB; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".Adela blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".Adela blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".Adela blockquote b, .Adela blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .Adela blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .Adela blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".Adela .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".Adela .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".Adela .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".Adela .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .Adela .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .Adela .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2023 23:51:38 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
for @--

Walking along the worn dirt paths, the warm night air moving through the trees, Yuina looked on with a soft and thoughtful smile as Kyoko held her quiet stride beside her. She wasn't really sure what brought her to the festival in the first place, she didn't have any great ties to the culture of the festival itself, the history, nor did she have any business in Fortree City to have needed to be there at all, and yet... The notion of just one wish, putting it out into the universe, to allow anything or nothing to happen to it... Well, it couldn't hurt anything? But what could she truly wish for, that she felt she was missing out of this new life in Hoenn she'd started? She had a job, a roof over her head, she was making friends, getting involved in the community... She looked over to Kyoko, the Typhlosion standing taller than her own height beside her, and in her paws she held out a small blue colored strip of paper, and looked at her with knowing, but soft eyes.[break][break]
"I don't know... That's a lot to ask the universe? Things are okay right now, aren't they," Yuina sighed, but the question wasn't for validation from her partner, it was a question to herself... Were things okay the way they were right now?[break]
"There's nothing wrong right now, we're making a life and learning so much, that's really not so bad," she tried again, but even as much as she tried to live everyday as a brand new exciting adventure in this new place that she was in... There was still that little empty crevice that was only going to get bigger as time went on...[break]
"I'm just going to write it down and get it off my chest... But I'm not going to be upset when nothing happens... Maybe... Maybe things are okay the way that they are right now, and... I don't want that to change so soon...," she admitted, which was already such a huge thing for her to say outloud, and she fidgeted a little holding the small piece of paper in her hand. But she drew in a breath, and made the marks on the paper anyway, the first time that she'd ever even put it into words...[break][break]
I wish, someday, to know who I really am and if who I am now is who I am supposed to be...
[break][break]
Yuina hurriedly folded up the paper as if she didn't want to see her own words that she'd just written down and gingerly placed it on a bamboo tree... She couldn't help the sting of tears pricking at the edge of her eyes, but she shook it off, it wasn't the time or place. Yuina took the extended paw of her Typhlosion, and they walked hand in hand together away from her one solemn wish, back into the festival.

Kyoko forgot Swift and has learned Wish!
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#c51000; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#c51000; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,489 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 0:00:16 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]These aren’t the customs and traditions that Lam grew up around. But there is something appealing in the idea of wishing on something and hoping for fulfillment to follow. For a moment, he can stop expecting so much of himself to see each little thing through, and hope for a little extra good fortune to come his way.[break][break]

His sprigatito dozed off as she stood between his ankles, waiting on him to scribble down his wish on a brightly colored strip of paper. Sleepy rose eyes blinked open to watch him when he finally stepped forward to tie it to the bamboo.[break][break]

I wish that I can keep being steady for the person I love and the region itself.[break][break]

His thoughts drifted toward and what rest of the year might bring as he steps backward with a smile, looking up at the fluttering tanzaku. Clove winds between his feet again, purring as her own WISH takes hold.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- clove the sprigatito learns wish![break]

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#9eb591;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,002 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 1:20:10 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Luka has always taken wishes very seriously.[break][break]

From wishing on stars to the traditions of the tanabata festival, each wish is handled with the utmost seriousness. It's a contract made with the very heavens themselves after all— not a thing to be trifled with![break][break]

Luka fiddles with the sleeves of her yukata as she tries to figure out what to write. It's in her nature to use her wish for the sake of others, the sake of Hoenn as a whole— for anything besides herself.[break][break]

But perhaps she needs a little helping hand this time. Breaking off pieces of oneself and handing them out to others is easy until there's nothing left to give. But what could she ask for? To consider her own desires too much seems horribly self-serving, or perhaps it's just embarrassing.[break][break] And it's not easy to admit that what she wants most is love; a hand in hers and a body next to hers at night. If anyone were to see her writing that down, she might just die. And even when she'd had it with , or thought she had, there was still something missing.[break][break]

In the end her wish is a simple one. The fact that she considers it selfish is heartbreaking.[break][break]

I wish to be happy.
[break][break]

spectrier learns wish

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 2:10:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE TANZAKU TREE

EVENT

ANOTHER SLIP FINDS ITS PLACE AMONG MANY. the handwriting is curt with little care. an unreadable scribble that announces the author’s belief in WISHES and miracles.

none of this matters.

none of it is real.

i wish for simpler times.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]
MEWTWO learns WISH!

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 3:00:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it's childish, and kyle never had the reason to believe in superstitions, but with the world turning upside down, he may just be a little swayed to join the masses with their wish tags.

he joins in with his poochyena, its fur illuminating unnaturally due to the circumstances at birth. with the weirdness all over hoenn, the pokemon itself doesn't stand out anymore despite its distinction.

kyle takes a slip of paper and writes down his wish: 'seize the moment, hero!'

that's what who he was supposed to be according to the people around him, and as it stands, it felt like he was wasting the opportunity. time kept ticking, and the longer he held the position, the closer he was getting to the end of the coveted champion experience.

he ties the slip along with the rest, and then turns to his pokemon. "can you even make a wish?" he asks humorously.

poochyena learns wish

@tags
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 3:11:59 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Tanbata. A season of far-flung hopes, lost loves, and wishes being pushed out into the universe.[break][break]

Talk about ironic timing.[break][break]

Isaac refused to believe in fate. The only destiny he valued was the one he made himself. Life had never coughed up a miracle when he'd needed one most. The idea of letting life take the wheel was an idea he'd long given up on.[break][break]

So, too, had he given up on the idea of a higher power swooping in to save the day. From all his encounters with gods and legends, they've seemed like more trouble than they were worth. At best, they took as much as they gave. At worst, they took far, far more, and made their needs the whole region's problem.[break][break]

Yet sometimes, the universe spoke too loudly to ignore. Maybe, just maybe, it wouldn't hurt to hedge his bets.[break][break]

A countless number of people were depending on him. There was no more walking the line. There was no more cowering back from the threshold. He stood at the precipice of the biggest decision of his life, and if he failed to deliver the results would be catastrophic.[break][break]

Sure, if he succeeded, the results would be catastrophic, too. He was trading one forever war for another. He was trading the onslaught on his soul for an onslaught on his very life. He was trading the fragile illusion of a normal life for the certainty that nothing was ever going to be the same. By all accounts, Isaac looked to be playing a losing game.[break][break]

But if he just took the easy road, would he really be Isaac?[break][break]

Each stroke of his pen was a promise. His intentions were no longer a nebulous mess inside of his head. Now they were permanently etched into the universe. There was no more turning back. There was no more towing the line. The rubicon stretched before Isaac, and all he had to do was cross it.[break][break]

With one last sigh, Isaac hung his wish upon the bamboo tree. It was out of his hands the second the Tanzaku slipped onto its branches. What happened next would be between him, the universe, and every member of Team Rocket standing between the two.[break][break]

His life was over, and now it could finally begin.[break][break]

I wish for the strength to do what needs to be done[break][break]

Halberd the Corviknight learns Wish (11:11 PM EST!)

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,328 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 3:20:22 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam seemed to be the type to have lots of wishes under his belt, but underneath the facade lies a person confused on how to approach life itself.

how does one make a wish when they don't know what they want, he asks himself.

the slip of paper remains on his hand, his pen unable to produce something in writing. he had the same dilemma back when father winter asked him what he wanted, but nothing comes regardless of what's tangible or not.

shaking, he writes the most vague wish he can think of: the will to carry on.

he's displeased with the simple wish, but nonetheless settles with it. with an unsatisfied expression on his face, he ties the tag with the rest of the wishes and promptly moves on from the celebration.

zoroark learns wish

@tags
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 3:40:06 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
for @--

The festival was full of people, thrumming with life, and yet it was quiet in a way, peaceful, likely given the nature of it all and how solemnly some might look to make their wish. It was comforting, knowing that she was far from the only one to place a colored piece of paper on the bamboo trees. They were each adorned with tens of dozens, if not hundreds of little papers each containing a small wish, once single plea to the universe from those who felt they needed to speak it out.[break]
Walking with her Typhlosion, the two remained within the festival grounds for a time, merely enjoying each others company and the silent acceptance of the company around them. There was no fuss to be involved, no high energy to make things loud or rampant, and no expectations other than existing in this moment, and for the time being, that was all the two needed.

I was one minute off on my first post ><; this is to make up for it and post at a time ending in 0
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#c51000; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#c51000; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

She/Them
15 (Estimated)
April 5th
Route 119/Fortree
???
Wandering Wildchild
Cadet
N/A
Uninterested
87 height
87 height
HABABABABA
awards
557 posts
Ettie DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ettie
Ettie
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 4:30:21 GMT
Ettie Avatar
The concept of wishes was a curious one for Ettie. Certainly, she has her desires - things that she wants, and will work towards. But the idea of writing those desires down, in the hopes that they'll just happen... It seems a little odd to her. Why not go out and make these things happen? Sure, it's not easy, but the alternative is just waiting around and hoping, right?

Though, then again, there's only so much you can do at once. Maybe that was why people made wishes - so that they could focus on other things, in the meantime?

In any case - though Ettie was (kind of) trying to learn to read and write, she decided to instead convey her wish in drawings. Little simple ones - ones of a strong pack, a cozy den, plenty of food and water... Alongside, Mina watches - the Rockruff tilting her head briefly as she glances to the wish in Ettie's hands, and the ones that others were hanging.

... Though, before the wildchild knows it, she's drawn a bird pokemon amongst the crudely drawn wolves - one that is familiar, yet not. A sense of melancholy suddenly hits her, the grief that she had almost forgotten seeping back in.

Quietly, she pins the her wish alongside the others already hung up - and with a gentle nuzzle from Anne, she wanders back to the rest of the festival...
Mina the Rockruff forgets Sand Attack, learns Wish