POSTED ON Jul 1, 2023 6:20:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE TANZAKU TREE

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

SCHEDULED END: JULY 31ST, 11:59PM PST
LIMITED TIME EVENT

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1124584174515400704/emotional.mp3[/player]
[break]
THEME SONG: 🎼 Twin Stars Far Apart Theme | Pokémon Masters EX

FORTREE CITY

FORTREE CITY hosts a Tanabata festival which celebratess the story of a yearly reunion in space between two lovers, Vega and Altair.[break][break]

Many write wishes on coloured strips of paper called tanzaku. Afterward, festival goers hang them onto bamboo trees in the hopes that Jirachi or some other greater power will grant them.[break][break]

What will your character wish for?

INSTRUCTIONS
DEADLINE

INSTRUCTIONS

THIS LIMITED TIME EVENT will allow ONE OF YOUR CHARACTERS' POKEMON to freely learn the move, WISH regardless of whether they can or not.[break][break]

However, in order to learn the move, you must heed the following criteria:[break][break]

• Publish an IC post at a time ending in 0 (e.g. 1:00, 2:10, 3:30, 23:00, etc.), or post at 11:11.
  • [break]
  • ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS can participate.
  • [break]
  • ONLY ONE POKEMON PER CHARACTER can learn the move, WISH.
  • [break]
  • If you fail to post at the right time, you may try again.
  • [break]

If you wish, you may post in this thread without redeeming the move reward. You may also post in this thread once a day after winning the reward if you wish to post drabbles in this setting.[break][break]

THIS LIMITED TIME EVENT WILL END JULY 31ST, 11:59PM PST.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,528 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2023 9:00:35 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
At one of the temples deep within the bamboo forest, walks along a straw-paved path beside his AMPHAROS, FOUCAULT. The sheep had, itself, been raised in such a place in the SLUMBERING WEALD of GALAR. The ornamental bells, decorated shrines, and ceremonial ribbons were a nostalgic sight for it.

As an ARCHAEOLOGIST, its master held a deep respect for tradition and the history behind it. Despite rejecting the traditions of royalty that he'd been born into, Remiel endeavored to practice those of the region he had immigrated to. It was for that reason he had come today.

Taking a forest-green tanzaku strip from the shrine, the exiled prince produces a black pen from his front pocket before taking a moment to look up at the starry night sky. Appropriately, a SHOOTING STAR streaks across that celestial canvas in just that moment. It even inspires his AMPHAROS to make an unintelligible WISH of its own.

Remiel, in the meantime, casts a short (and somewhat melancholy) smile before jotting down his own:

Wherever she is, I wish all the happiness and peace she deserves.

FOUCAULT the AMPHAROS has learned WISH!
THE TANZAKU TREE

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2023 13:00:18 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan appends a slip of blue paper to the bamboo tree, wishing for the success of his album release.

The light blue slip of paper hangs on with hundreds of slips across the bamboo trees as he heads off.

Optimism flickers inside of him as he heads away. Twenty years worth of work into an eleven track album.

Though just a small symbolic gesture, sticking his wish to the bamboo gave him a sense of releasing his dream into the universe.

Metagross learns WISH
--

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,415 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2023 15:00:01 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Navigating a bamboo forest was a challenge in its own, but the ever-watching eyes of his Ralts kept Hideo from walking right into a bruised nose, or a bamboo stalk already covered in wishes.

Or, rather, Uxie was guiding him. An Illusion kept it disguised as a Ralts, and hardly anyone questioned a Ralts guiding someone on their shoulders.

There was plenty Hideo could wish for, though life had been going fairly well for him lately; his Gym was reasonably busy, he hadn't run into any trouble with Littleroot, and he'd made a bit of progress getting his Type:Null to listen to him.

Yet to say he was fully comfortable wouldn't be honest, and there was still one glaring issue he was having that he'd made no progress in, no matter how hard he'd tried. For that, he'd written up his wish (poorly - his handwriting still hadn't improved), searching for the right place to put it.

At his "Ralts"'s direction, he'd found one, placing his wish upon it.

I Wish To Find Azelf

Uxie learns Wish
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2023 19:10:23 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian is not one to subscribe to superstition.[break][break]

Yet when business takes him to Fortree in the midst of their Tanabata festival, he pinches a sky-blue paper between scarred fingers.[break][break]

It could hardly hurt.[break][break]

There were a great many things to wish for. POWER is his siren's call, a thirst neverending. Yet in light of the grief that grips him in its icy claws, the words seem to write themselves.[break][break]

I wish my siblings would come home.
[break][break]

It is not only that he mourns, but as well.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]SHADOW CRYOGONAL LEARNS WISH

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,580 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2023 6:10:10 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Temp brushes his fingers over 's hip as he watches the other make his wish. It was cute.... Cill normally didn't participate in little superstitious things like this.[break][break]

His own green paper is twisted in his fingertips, a small hum as he ponders what he could possibly want.[break][break]

In the end, Temp finds his harder to come but it burns strong. His clumsy handwriting is slow as he works out how to word it.[break][break]

I wish that I can protect everyone I care about.
[break][break]

He ends it with a flourish, drawing a little fish to fill up the free space.

[attr="class","tag"]@ tag

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 illumina luxray learns wish!

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
706 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2023 12:10:19 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
This festival is pretty bullshit. Pretty, but bullshit.

You suppose that sums up your view on wishes, doesn't it? Pretty, but bullshit. It'd be pretty cool if they were real, but unfortunately, they're nothing but made-up bullshit. Still, you've got nothing better going on, so you take the chance to stretch your legs among the hustle and bustle. You might not believe in Vega or Altair or Jirachi or any of those bastards, but you do believe in the timeless tradition of "picking up dropped wallets and putting them into your pocket". That's the kind of festivity you're into, anyway.

Your Pokemon, though? That's a different story. Salandit and Grimmsnarl are gathered around the bamboo trees, hanging their tanz-whatsits to sway in the wind. You're not surprised that the little bastard is having a good time, but Grimmsnarl is more of a mystery to you. You're not tuned in to his voice yet. Still, you never took him for the wistful sort. Just what could he be wishing for...?

"...Geheheheheh..."

...On second thought, maybe you're better off not knowing.

GRIMMSNARL learns WISH.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2023 19:00:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","whiteout"]
[attr="class","header"]
[attr="class","tagged"]
@tanzaku tree

[attr="class","icon"]

[attr="class","post-body"]
The Tanabata Festival was a well-known festivity in Johto. In Olivine, the sailors would come to shore to meet with their families and expose their wishes on paper talismans. Tying them to a tree that was imported from the mountains specifically for this event. It was a time of desires that would be carried with the setting summer sun.
[break][break]
Onward to the stars. Where their dreams would meld into the coming autumn months and beyond. Momo sat on her favorite spot on the young man's shoulder. Watching intently as Elliot as he ties his talisman to the tree. To meet all the others that came before his. It was a simple wish: One that he hoped would reach their way across the sea.
[break][break]
'I wish my parents and all the Pokemon on the farm good health.'
[break][break]
After all, what else was there to desire? Putting a finger to his lips coyishly. He gave his Pichu a little wink before making his way out of the line. And onto other things. Whatever awaited him in Hoenn. He hoped it was an adventure he could cherish...
[break][break]
MOMO (THE PICHU) LEARNS WISH!

[newclass=".whiteout"]margin: 35px auto; position: relative; width: 450px; min-height: 450px; background: #282828;[/newclass]
[newclass=".whiteout .header"]display: flex; flex-flow: row nowrap; justify-content: space-between; align-content: center; align-items: stretch;[/newclass]
[newclass=".whiteout .header .tagged"]position: absolute; z-index: 10; right: 0; top: 50px; display: block; width: 200px; height: 50px; padding: 30px; background: #282828; color: #eee; letter-spacing: 1.5px; font: 300 11px/200% roboto; display: flex; flex-flow: column nowrap; justify-content: center; align-content: center; align-items: flex-end;[/newclass]
[newclass=".whiteout .header .tagged a"]color: #eee; text-decoration: none; transition: 0.7s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".whiteout .header .tagged a:hover"]transition: 0.7s; color: #87CEEB;[/newclass]
[newclass=".whiteout .header .tagged a::before"]content: "tagged for"; font-family: "roboto"; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 900; display: inline-block; position: relative; top: 1px; left: -5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".whiteout .header .tagged::before"]content: ""; font-family: "roboto"; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 900; position: absolute; left: 45px; font-size: 15px; display: block;[/newclass]
[newclass=".whiteout .header .icon"]position: absolute; top: 30px; height: 150px; width: 450px; background: #87CEEB;[/newclass]
[newclass=".whiteout .header .icon img"]position: absolute; top: 20px; left: 40px; width: 100px; height: 100px; border-radius: 100%; border: 5px solid #eee;[/newclass]
[newclass=".whiteout .post-body"]display: block; margin-top: 220px; text-align: justify; padding: 0px 30px 30px 30px; color: #efefef; font: 400 12px/150% roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".whiteout .post-body b"]font: 700 13px/18px roboto; letter-spacing: 0; color: #87CEEB;[/newclass]
[newclass=".whiteout .post-body b i, .whiteout .post-body b u, .whiteout .post-body b i u, .whiteout .post-body b u i, .whiteout .post-body i u, .whiteout .post-body u i"]color: revert;[/newclass]
[newclass=".whiteout .post-body i"]color: #aaa; font-weight: 300;[/newclass]
[newclass=".whiteout .post-body u"]color: #999; font-weight: 600; text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 1px solid #87CEEB;[/newclass][googlefont=Montserrat:100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800,900|Open+Sans:300,400,500,600,700,800,300italic,400italic,500italic,600italic,700italic,800italic|Oswald:200,300,400,500,600,700|Playfair+Display:400,500,900,800italic,900italic|Raleway:500|Roboto:100,300,400,500,700,900]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,588 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2023 19:50:02 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
A Tanabata Festival.

A lovely little festival that was sure to bring people together. Elinor had decided to go there as well. It would look good for a member of the council to go there and be a part of the masses.

For protection she brought her Golden Steelix, its imposing presence a sign of wealth and power.

As she stood before the shrine and took a slip to write upon. Elinor had to look up for a moment to think. Think of a wish that might be fulfilled. Her mind turned to her family, to , , and all the others whose blood carried the anderson line. Though she didn’t get along with many of them, she still held a burning desire to keep them safe, to keep all of Hoenn safe.

A bright shining star flew by on the sky as she realized what her wish was, and she quickly began to scribble it down.

I wish for the strength to protect all that I hold dear, and the certainty to use it.

Meanwhile the Steelix made a wish of its own.

Steel the Steelix forgets Sandstorm and Learns WISH
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,608 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2023 20:50:10 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she has come here before, folded a love note in the palm of her hand and left it hanging on the the tanzaku tree's branches. then, her hopes and dreams had been full of light, brilliant against a blue backdrop. as years have passed, as the skies have darkened, she has not returned.

but this year, with memories she can't quite remember tingling in her palms, she is at peace. 

chimes twinkle. soft murmurs are around her. she spots a familiar face (), looking up into the sky. the shiny dratini draped across freya's shoulder gives a wriggle of recognition.

there will be time to catch up. she raises a hand to placate the dratini and takes out her own scrap of paper.

happiness, for , , and .

she does not include herself. she's no need to. the names scrawled on the slip are her happiness now.
DRATINI LEARNS WISH

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2023 23:00:37 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

The little shrine with the strips of paper was something that was very familiar to her. Customary to her mother’s homeland of Johto and having some good memories of going to the Tanabata Festival with her family every July, she takes her Mismagius over to the shrine as Mana would happily float alongside her trainer. Though Elise merely embraced the traditions of royalty due to how she was raised and her main job being the Galarian ambassador, the young woman still finds it to be a nostalgic practice that she’d do in a quiet little time.[break][break]

Giving her Mismagius a pat on the head, the ghost waits with a little giggle while the female royal makes a prayer to the shrine. Her hands clasped as if she was offering her prayer to the exalted bird of rainbow light himself. After that, Elise takes one of the light purple tanzaku strips from the shrine and writes down her wish with a black ballpoint pen. A shooting star passes by in the night sky when they look up as the Mismagius softly glows with a purple light, perhaps she is also channeling her own Wish too.[break][break]

I wish I can be a good leader that they can look up to, so I can make my country and its people attain a brighter future.

@tag [break][break]

NOTES

- Mismagius learns Wish and forgets Confuse Ray.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

serge
he/him
december 10
lacunosa, unova
queer
pokemon researcher
civilian
43 height
43 height
EX INFERNO VICTORIAM
awards
109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sergeidachev
sergei dachev
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 3:11:07 GMT
sergei dachev Avatar
SERGEI DOESN'T HAVE A LOT TO WISH FOR. There are times that he thinks he has got everything in his life that he has to wish for. He knows this is not true.

If not, he will not find himself in front of this huge tanzaku tree, filled with similar paper wishes that he is now writing in his strip. Sergei does not really think wishes do come true; it is something that is to be made to happen.

For him, it is not a wish, but a manifestation.

I will learn everything about my ancestors' past and will reconnect with my origins in Galar.

TATSUGIRI learns WISH

close tab

played by

Nano

shiba inu
She/Her
thirty
april 4th
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
inu ceo
civilian
and in this hell you'll stay
24 height
24 height
if this is the last night and you're feeling hollow - i'll give you my half life so you see tomorrow
awards
122 posts
SHEBA INOUE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sheba
SHEBA INOUE
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 4:00:06 GMT
SHEBA INOUE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sheba"]
[attr="class","text"]

sheba isn't superstitious. [break][break]

a wish on a star won't save her, and a wish on a star won't solve the problems in the world. no amount of wishing will save this region, hurdling towards a hell, she thinks, but the peaceful days still pass, and it's like these events have never happened. she still remembers, fuzzily, the days she spent in a memory that feels like a fading, lucid dream. [break][break]

she's written them down, yet it still feels so far away. yet she knows one thing; she wished to never forget. [break][break]

the bamboo trees remind her of home - of johto - and bitterness is suppressed for the sake of the solemn event. it's a place for wishing, and to give those hoping for a better some respite. she should respect it. [break][break]

she glances at the folded paper between her fingers, her amber eyes glaring down at what she's written. it feels so childish, doesn't it? but her lips curl inwards. [break][break]

why is she so sentimental?

the happiness of , the children of the orphanage in her memory, and her children.

it was a family fostered over the larger part of a decade, and a family she found herself loving nonetheless. it's foolish to think that they might exist, or they've ever existed, but in her mind, they were alive all the same. [break][break]

he doesn't remember, but this parchment of paper can hold the memories for the both of them. her heart weighs heavy when she ties it to the bamboo. this is delusional - to think that the wish on a piece of paper can do anything.[break][break]

she could laugh at herself. [break][break]

so why does she feel relieved?

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

H!ZORUA learns WISH

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.sheba]--accent:#e25822;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sheba]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sheba .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 16:00:13 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
VEGA AND ALTAIR WOULD BE CELEBRATING with the number of people commemorating their star-crossed love story. She has only been informed of the legends of the festival when the guide narrates the story to the tourists that she comes with, which upon hearing makes her lips curl with delight. At this point, after seeing everything there is to see in Hoenn, it is not beyond doubt already that a love story can chronicle the fulfillment of people's wishes.

And so Selena gets a piece of the tanzaku to write down her own boons as well.

Peace of mind. Closure with Tapu Koko. To be reborn.

Selena doesn't know how wishes in the tanzaku tree are supposed to work, but she writes three so that there are three chances in case one of the wishes is not allowed.

close tab

played by

Nagato

She/Her
Slateport
Bi
Info Broker/Sushi Chef
0 height
0 height
awards
3 posts
part of
TAG WITH @senshibankouina
Senshibankō Ina
THE TANZAKU TREE
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2023 22:20:39 GMT
Senshibankō Ina Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbaseina"]
[attr="class","star1ina"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1ina"]

[attr="class","starimgina"]

[attr="class","star2ina"]Slips of paper are strung from bamboo palms, weighed so heavy by the deluge of wishes that they sag to the ground. It's the time of year for wishes, for an impossible dream to come true, for star-crossed lovers to meet. It's romantic, the festivals, the hanabi, and of course the wishing festival.[break][break]

She writes it neatly on simple paper, humble in its construction, an understated wish for a girl that's anything but. [break][break]

I wish I could sell the best sushi in the world.
[break][break]

It's a wish that someone more sentimental might say has already come true. [break][break]

But her artistic spirit burns within. Developing innovations, uncovering ancient techniques, finding the most premium ingredients, the most pain-staking chefs who'll prepare it like they're performing open heart surgery. Uncovering the true art of sushi, the perfect sushi, leaves to room for a complacent sentiment like that. [break][break]

It's from the heart, something she'd rip out of her chest if she could make jaw-dropping sushi from it. [break][break]

Luckily, she doesn't have to worry about that. You couldn't make anything appetizing that way.[break][break]

"If you say it aloud, it won't come true. That's what they say, anyway."[break][break]

She speaks aloud, to the quartet behind her. They nod, slowly. But it's understood, exactly what she wished for. It's a dream they all share, and have, ever since the girl could speak. A dream, inherited from her father, just like his pokemon.[break][break]

[break][break]

+Dondozo learns Wish.

[attr="class","star3ina"]
[attr="class","petalpokeina"]

[attr="class","rouxcreditina"]

[newclass=.petalbaseina]font:11px roboto;--accent:#ff1600;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbaseina]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1ina]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/oIbehCd.jpg), rgb(255, 22, 0, 0.25); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgina]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgina img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2ina]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpokeina]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpokeina img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1ina]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2ina b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2ina i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3ina] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/oIbehCd.jpg), rgb(255, 22, 0, 0.25); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcreditina]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]