March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
NARIYA EXPEDITIONS: THE CICATRICE - Sign-Up Thread
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 2:48:00 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]NARIYA EXPEDITIONS:[break]
THE CICATRICE

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

SIGN-UPS
MEMBER-LED EVENT
INJURY-ENABLED
MINI-RAID EVENT

[player]https://fi.zophar.net/soundfiles/nintendo-gamecube-gcn/metroid-prime/lav_lavamainL.mp3[/player]
Magmoor Caverns - METROID PRIME OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK

EXPOSITION

EARLY AUGUST 2023

THOUGH DISASTERS, NATURAL AND MAN-MADE, befall Hoenn with cyclical frequency and increasing intensity, it is easy to forget the dangers that exist within the landscape itself. Despite the passage of time and the advancement of modern technology, many corners of Hoenn remain as of yet unexplored and uncharted. These corners are among the most inhospitable places in the region, if not in the world, and have remained as of yet undisturbed for a reason.[break][break]

[break][break]

NORTH OF THE PEAKS of the Chimney Mountain Range, on a shimmering volcanic MIRAGE ISLAND, a storm of dangerous dragon-type Pokémon have made their home. At its peak is a plume of crystallized magma radiating a field of INFINITY ENERGY that allows even wild Pokémon to TERASTALLIZE. Many have sought to bring back TERA SHARDS from the magmatic vein as well as treasure left behind by an ancient Draconid clan, but the few who have returned alive have done so empty-handed.[break][break]

WHILE DRAGON POKEMON ARE A MAJOR THREAT, there are also highly aggressive fire-type, ground-type, and rock-type Pokémon that are more than capable of ending the lives of complacent adventurers. Perhaps the biggest threat of all, though, is the EXTREME HEAT. Those without SYGNA SUITS or other ways to keep cool may find themselves overwhelmed by heat-related illness with too much exposure. It would be folly to assume Water-type Pokémon would be reliable within, particularly toward the mountain's highest turret.[break][break]

The MIRAGE ISLAND's proximity to a cruise ship with many VIPs on board has raised the stakes of the expedition substantially. Security and volunteer trainers have thus far been able to repel the dragons from the ship, but the sheer numbers of the dangerous Pokémon, as well as their ability to TERASTALLIZE on their own, are making it difficult, if not impossible, for them to hold the line.[break][break]

THE DENSITY OF THE DRAGONSTORM makes approach by air impossible without drawing their ire. Flying headlong into such a strong defense would surely be a death sentence. The cruise ship has reached out to Rangers, Officers, and other League officials throughout Hoenn in a distress call to get to the bottom of the MIRAGE ISLAND's appearance and quell the source of the dragon attacks. Those with loved ones aboard the vessel may have a vested interest in saving the many lives there, as well.[break][break]

THERE IS ONE CERTAINTY: if nothing is done about the gathering dragonstorm, casualties aboard the ship would be immense. The expedition has quickly escalated into an indirect rescue. Those who answered the cruise ship's distress signal would find the lives of its passengers on their shoulders...[break][break]

OOC EXPLANATION

THIS IS A HYBRID RAID/PROMPT EVENT. For the early rounds, characters will post every round in response to prompts provided within MODERATOR POSTS. As there is a great deal of uncertainty in the happenings of this event, characters may be required to use the ROLL command as prompted by moderator posts. The prompts will be focused heavily on exploration, puzzle-solving, and combat.[break][break]

Note that this is NOT a League-exclusive raid event. Rockets may participate, but it is recommended they use League or civilian personas to do so.[break][break]

INJURIES & DEATH:[break]
This will by default be an INJURY-ENABLED RAID EVENT, with a DEATH-ENABLED RAID EVENT being on an opt-in basis. Consent must be unanimous. Rewards will NOT be influenced one way or another by whether a raid thread is death-enabled or not.[break][break]

Though the scenario allows for it, death is unlikely within. However, the IC dangers of this event are great. During a round where there is a possibility for death or serious injury, players will be warned ahead of time. If you wish to have one of your Pokémon suffer death or serious injury, please feel free to collaborate with me, and I can work with you to make it happen!

PHASES

THERE ARE THREE PHASES to this event.[break][break]

PHASE ONE: Exposition - Traditional raid style
The first round will be in the style of a traditional raid. A moderator post will be provided for characters to react to. This phase is expected to be primarily exploration-based, with some combat. After the next moderator post, the raid will proceed to PHASE TWO.

PHASE TWO: Exploration - Wilds-style prompts
The meat of the raid will be in Wilds-style prompts. A moderator post will be provided, including a list of prompts to be included in characters' responses. These prompts can be cleared in any order. Some prompts may be required to be cleared by specific characters in order to count. Once all prompts are cleared, the raid will proceed to PHASE THREE.

PHASE THREE: Climax - Traditional raid style
The last few rounds will be in the style of a traditional raid. A moderator post will be provided for characters to react to. This phase is expected to be primarily combat-based, likely culminating in a "raid boss".

RULES

PLEASE HEED THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • You may sign up with only ONE character.
  • Your character may bring a total of SIX Pokémon. If you bring an Avatar-related legendary Pokémon, this counts as one of your six Pokémon.
  • Your character can have only ONE Pokémon out a time.
  • Your character's Pokémon can only use ONE move at a time.
  • Please provide a TL;DR and/or BOLD moves/abilities/items used with each post.
  • Salac Berries can NOT be used in this event. Instead, every player will receive two rerolls they can use for the entire event.
  • Characters that miss multiple rounds risk receiving reduced rewards and/or being kicked from the event.
  • I will not tolerate complaints about not being mentioned, tagged, acknowledged or feeling "useless" in a raid. Generally, I attempt to mention all characters and their actions in each post, but going into great detail regarding every character's actions may not be feasible.
  • Remember that although I am essentially the DUNGEON MASTER or GAME MASTER of this event, much of this event's enjoyment and storytelling lies upon the players' shoulders. Collaborate with what I provide in each moderator post and each other for the best result!
  • Rules specific to each event thread may be added in their respective individual event threads.

SIGN-UPS

SIGN-UPS are open immediately upon the posting of this thread, and will close on AUGUST 16th at 11:59 PM CDT. The first MOD POSTS will go up on or around MONDAY, AUGUST 21ST. Deadlines may vary depending on the thread, but will be strict to keep the events moving.[break][break]

To sign up, fill out the below form. Once you fill out your signup post, I will "like" your post, and your character's tag will be added to the signup sheet.[break][break]

Signups will be processed in the order than they are received. You do not need to lock in movesets and Pokémon until the start of the raid and your first post. However, after your first post in the event, your movesets will be considered locked in and static.[break][break]

I will only be accepting TEN CHARACTERS for this raid. If there is sufficient demand, I may consider running another raid with similar structure in the future.[break][break]

Character name: @tag [break]
Pokémon Team (6 MAXIMUM): please list [break]
What is your character's call to action?: (optional)
[break][break]

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 2:51:57 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
Character name: [break]
Pokémon Team (6 MAXIMUM): Neo the Aron, Akane the Iron Thorns, Megalon the Heracross, Kurze the Kingambit, Vespa the Cyclizar, Smith the Clawitzer[break]
What is your character's call to action?: Isaac's about to face the greatest challenge of his life. What better way to make sure he's ready than with a trial by fire, all while making a difference to boot?
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,447 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 2:54:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
Pokémon Team (6 MAXIMUM): [break]
What is your character's call to action?: it's work that's slightly more exciting than other assignments
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,783 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 2:55:40 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
What is your character's call to action?: it's work that's slightly more exciting than other assignments
close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City
Pan
Curator/Hisuian Historian
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 2:59:45 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
What is your character's call to action?: Yuina is here to do anything she can to help the league organization! If this is a job to do to keep Hoenn safe, then that's what she's signing up for!
close tab

played by

myriascope

emi
no preference
july 27
heahea city
: ^)
ranger
elite
Don't waste your eyes on jealous guys, fuck that noise
awards
119 posts
part of
TAG WITH @emmett
emmett brookes
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 3:00:08 GMT
emmett brookes Avatar
Pokémon Team (6 MAXIMUM): WIP
     [break]
What is your character's call to action?: he was (unfortunately) in the area
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,185 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 3:00:27 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
What is your character's call to action?: "Why do I need a reason to help people? It's a warrior's job."
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
984 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 3:03:54 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
Pokémon Team (6 MAXIMUM):
[break]
What is your character's call to action?: Love, for better or worse
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
Would you like an adventure now, or would you like to have your tea first?
awards
572 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 3:20:09 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
Pokémon Team (6 MAXIMUM): Bibidi the Alakazam, Yggdrasil the Grotle, Baron the Iron Valiant, Namielle the Goodra, Behemoth the Nidoking, Akero the Togekiss[break]
What is your character's call to action?: 1. El is a closet thrillseeker and they refuse to admit it. 2. Isaac is here, they ain't gonna abandon him. 3. As a ranger, trying to resolve conflict between wild pokemon and humanity is their duty!
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
297 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vanillakingsley
Vanilla Kingsley
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 3:27:55 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
What is your character's call to action?: Vanilla would opt in to serve Hoenn as best she could. Her previous adventures into the Ultra Space and into the GG event have proven she's pretty brave (and reckless) enough to serve! Although she'd hope that on some off chance that somebody had run into her missing father.
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 3:28:06 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Pokémon Team (6 MAXIMUM):
current team is tentative

[break]
What is your character's call to action?: (optional) (wip)
close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
405 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 3:29:48 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
Pokémon Team (6 MAXIMUM): check below [break]
What is your character's call to action?: “There might be forgotten lore waiting to be discovered at the location. Who knows what’s waiting out there?”

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2023 3:32:09 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Wow, did this ever fill fast! That's all the sign-up slots filled! Expect the first moderator post to go out on or around AUGUST 21ST. I will be accepting as an eleventh signup, but I will be declining further sign-ups. With how fast this filled, I will consider running another mini-raid like this at a later date.

Thank you so much for your interest!