DUPLICITOUS MASQUERADE VIP ROOM
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 17:30:30 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]DUPLICITOUS MASQUERADE

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

MEMBER-LED EVENT RUN BY NEWT

's recounting of the crime is precise and detailed. Maki nods along as she describes her findings. The state of the body suggested that it had been done recently; that much makes sense. Before starting the dinner, Maki knew the chef was alive and well, as she had visited him while he was cooking to make sure he had everything he needed. After that, he would have been alone in the kitchen for some time as the other employees prepared the area for their dinner. This is conflated with 's testimony, that the servers had seen him shortly before the dinner actually began.[break][break]

's statement throws some doubt into the mix, though. Maki frowns as they describe Ruby having seen the chef walk into the West Wing when he was already confirmed to be in the kitchen, something that confirms she was present for. "He had no reason to leave his station..." she says thoughtfully, brows furrowed.[break][break]

When Ruby is questioned, she looks surprised. "The bathroom was locked...? They were all open when I was cleaning." She looks across the room where Seiichi lounges. "After the murder, Young Master Seiichi asked me to give the keys to him. He said he'd keep them safe so nobody could escape... Do you still have the keys, Young Master?"[break][break]

Seiichi searches his pockets. He comes up with nothing. "...it seems I've misplaced them!" he announces, and Maki groans.[break][break]

Maki expects very little from , given that he's walked in with two extra jackets that most certainly do not belong to him. So she's shocked when Howard produces the flour-covered shoes in question, proving himself inexplicably invaluable to the investigation. To his question, Maki replies scoldingly, "No. And please return everything else you've pilfered as well. I'll be checking over you before you leave." Sorry, Howard. Better get a picture of the numbers in that little black book before it's removed from your person.[break][break]

The shoes prove to be an invaluable piece of evidence; Those of you who investigated the body will recognize them as the exact same that the chef was wearing at the time of his death. His corpse is still wearing them. They are thee same model, even the same size. Yet there can be no doubt that these shoes were present at the murder, and someone walked away with them and hid them.

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES.

• only VIP WINNERS can participate.
  • your pokemon have been checked in at the door and are inaccessible.
  • please provide a tl;dr with each post.
  • i will not tolerate complaints about not being mentioned, tagged, acknowledged or feeling "useless" in this thread. generally, i attempt to mention all characters and their actions in each post, but depending on the number of participants, this may not be feasible.
  • missing more than three posts will result in a disqualification from rewards at the end.
  • remember that although i am essentially the DUNGEON MASTER or GAME MASTER of this event, much of this event's enjoyment and storytelling rests upon the players shoulders. collaborate with what i provide in each moderator post and each other for the best result!
  • lastly, be cognizant of participating players and characters. no one is the "main character" of an event, and allowing space for give-and-take between characters and their actions is highly encouraged.
FOR THIS ROUND, YOU DO NOT NEED TO ROLL.[break]
YOU CAN POST ONE TIME MAX.

PARTICIPANTS:
[break]

MAP OF AREA:
[break]

DEADLINE

JUNE 7TH, 11:59PM PST.

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
elite
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
410 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 20:58:43 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Now, the mysteries seem to be piling up. While they managed to get some answers, it's also evident that they're still missing something here ... Lutgarde ponders for a moment about the odd situation with the chef. "Why did he leave and come back to the kitchen ... or were there ... two?" they murmur, not quite believing themself either. For now, it might seem more plausible that something came up and the chef left for a moment - right?

Then, their mind is occupied with the revelation that the bathroom has been locked after Ruby has cleaned them. And apparently, Seiichi had the keys ... or should have had. "Mr Yukimura, do you remember when or where you lost them? I'm guessing right now that you didn't lock the bathroom, right?" they ask him.

"Maybe there's some more clue in the bathroom - if we can find the keys. Or do you think we should open it by force?" they wonder, looking at with a questioning look. They've learned of some ways to minimise the damage while forcing a door open, but it's still damage ... so they'd rather not act without the permission of their host.

However, produces yet another piece of evidence that is interesting. They look a bit puzzled at his general entrance, and even further puzzled by the flour-covered shoes. Since they haven't investigated the body at all, the sight of them doesn't really mean anything to them, and they look at the others for any clues if those shoes might mean something.

tl;dr
- ponders why the chef might've left, if there's been two? nahhh
- asks seiichi if he knows where/when he lost the keys
- suggests that there's a clue in the bathroom & breaking in with force if need be...?
- puzzled by howard and the shoes
close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Freelancer/Ex-Ace Child Detective
Civilian
Violet Fairbanks
Dating
--- height
--- height
Let's Keep things a bit clandestine, shall we?
awards
554 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 0:16:40 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar

Duplicitous Masquerade VIP Room

Elaine raised an eyebrow at the twist or multiple twists she had been presented. But, for starters, she at least had some sort of timeline with the Chef's last appearances based on what , , and were saying.

The fact that there was also a room that nobody was unable to investigate and the strange behavior of the victim prior to were all added bonuses.

But what caught her off guard the most was pulling out the pair of flour-doused shoes. He had seemed like a strange one, but that strangeness had shown that he had somehow pulled some weight even if he didn't intend and even if the lady of the party did not take kindly to his nonsense.

Without skipping a beat, she put her gloves back on. "Mind if I take a look at those?"

Even on closer inspection without taking hold of them, there was something odd. "They're identical?"

The shoes covered in flour were the exact same color, make, and even size as the ones currently on the late chef's feet. She had initially come to the conclusion that the culprit had discarded their own shoes after committing to the act, but the presence of these shoes called even that idea into question.

She had hoped to get a good look at the shoes themselves and hopefully elucidate both the kind of imprint it would leave in the flour as well as its size.

"I can also offer my own lockpicking skills if we need to by the way. An inaccessible space feels like a huge red flag at this point. There's a chance that the key is inside the locked area as well if it's been misplaced."

Case Notes from Elaine:
  • Elaine's Dress and Mask
  • Elaine notices the shoes and utters out that they're identical to the victim's
  • Elaine wants to examine the shoes and asks to pass them over
  • Elaine offers lockpicking skills, suggesting the presence of a locked room

Tags: I tagged everyone lmao

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,917 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 23:58:42 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The timeline was beginning to consolidate, and the suspect list was narrowing with every piece of evidence collected. Everything was going well until the remaining staff began scolding . "Howard..." Josh sighed, looking as tired as a parent dealing with multiple rambunctious children. "You know better. I taught you better than this. We need your help to crack this case, too."

The shoes Howard had procured made Josh's heart sink. There was no way this was an inside job, was there? Did the culprit try to pay Howard off? Surely he wouldn't stoop that low, what with him being such a nice man that saved his life some odd months ago. "You need me to bust down that door, I'll do it," the Champion volunteered. "Racing Pokémon requires more muscles than you think."

- Josh scolds for withholding evidence.
- Josh gasps at the identical pair of shoes and suspects that it may have been an inside job.
- Josh volunteers to bang the bathroom door down if needed.
- FOS:
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2024 19:29:18 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Hm?" Howard stuffed the bread into his mouth and chewed. After a moment, he brushed the crumbs from his expensive suit and swallowed. would throttle him for spending money on expensive attire and getting it filthy, but she was a million miles away, probably feeding innocent grunts to her snail. "Uh..."

He finished dusting off his clothes before looking at .

"Who's Howard?" His hands gestured towards the flour-stained shoes with a casualness that behooved his internal screaming. "I'm..."

His eye fell on 's red dress. Huh, that reminded him of a Pyroar.

"Aslan." He beamed at Josh. Internally, he kicked himself. "Shoot, keep that secret."

He scratched his chin thoughtfully as he pulled out Maki's Black Book of Secrets and began to read, speaking as he did so. He started to engrave the numbers in the mausoleum of his memory.

"If the staff all wear the same shoes, then it would mean one of them is the culprit. If they don't we should be looking for someone disguised as the chef. Identical features, apparel, and so on." He nudged Maki and pointed at a line in the Black Book of Secrets. "How do you pronounce this?"

I AM NOT HOWARD I AM PYROAR FROM THE HIT THREAD THE SIGNER AND THE EMERGENT
Ponders if the culprit is staff of a chef lookalike
Asks Maki to help decipher her secret texts (death inbound)
eating bread
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Rustboro Captain
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,903 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2024 20:00:54 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","calcifete elise"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[break]

[attr="class","chartag"]Duplicitious Masquerade

[attr="class","symbol"][attr="class","icon-ghost"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

She wonders too on why the chef had to leave the kitchen and come back. The timeline up to their dinner and the chef’s suspected movements made sense from the events. Maybe there was one more person that no one really had known yet. This was a common theory that shown up in detective novels and shows, but she wasn’t sure if there was one more person in the VIP room. [break][break]

“Do you remember the last time you had your keys?” She asks Seichii since her fellow ranger asked about the keys that the man lost. The diplomat guesses that those were the keys that could unlock a room they hadn’t investigated much yet. Others in the group suggest lockpicking or breaking it down by force…[break][break]

All were options to try and break the door. “I would think we can go with ’s suggestion and safely lockpick it without breaking it.” A nod comes over to the direction of the brunette haired young lady in pigtails on her lockpicking suggestion.[break][break]

[break]
♔ Elise asks Seichii where was the last time he had his keys.[break]
♔ Agreeges with Elaine's suggestion over lockpicking the door.

[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elise"]--accent:#D0BDF0!important; --headercolor:#922761!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".elly img"]filter:grayscale(1)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete"]--accent:#D0BDF0; --headercolor:#2E2B2B;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete"]width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border: 1px solid # #2d2d2d; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete b"]color:var(--accent); font:12px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete a"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete i"]color:#ddd; text-decoration:underline solid #444; letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete .inner"]padding: 30px 30px 30px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete .sidebar"]width: 100px; padding-top: 20px; float: left; text-align:center; display: inline-grid; justify-content: center; justify-items: start; [/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete .postbox"]color: #eee; font: 12px 'Poppins'; text-align: justify; margin-left: 120px; border-top: 1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 15px; border-color: #292929;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete .avatarimg img"]width: 90px; height: 90px; float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin-left:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete .chartag"]font:12px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); text-align:center; margin-top:40px; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete .pkmnteam"]width: 130px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete .pkmnteam img"]margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete .headerh"]height:20px; background:var(--headercolor); opacity:0.5;[/newclass]

[newclass=".calcifete .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom: 28px; opacity: 0.3; right: 9px;[/newclass][newclass=".calcifete .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; color:#8f9f9f;[/newclass][newclass=".calcifete .mcredits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".calcifete .symbol"] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; color: #757575; font-size: 230px; opacity: 0.03; z-index: 2; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Abril+Fatface]
close tab

played by

newt

jigokuhime, snow white
she/her
october 18
mauville city
ace lesbian
trustfund baby
associate
i'm staying numb to my feelings, dodge 'em like novocaine
awards
154 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2024 17:39:08 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

questions Seiichi as to the location of the keys. He shrugs it off nonchalantly. "I'm sure they're around here somewhere." The answer given is vague, as if he doesn't really care one way or the other what happens. This sort of detachment can be expected from someone who's practically royalty, of course. He doesn't play by the same rules as everyone else.[break][break]

and suggest trying to enter the bathroom by force, whether with lockpicking or by busting the door down. agrees with their proposition. Maki seems reluctant, but that's because this building is not owned by her family. She doesn't want to potentially ruin anything if she doesn't have to.[break][break]

It's who pushes his luck once again. He tries to get Maki to read from the little black book, and when she glances at it, she just seems puzzled. "This isn't mine," she says. "The handwriting is... ugh." She glances at her brother and makes a disgusted noise in the back of her throat. Snatching the book out of Howard's hands, she throws it at Seiichi from across the table. He catches it expertly, and at this, Maki frowns deeply.[break][break]

She seems to reach a decision after that. "...there's no need to open the bathroom," she says. "We have everything we need to determine the culprit. They're in this very room." She looks around the table. "The key is in the blackout." It was thought earlier the chef was killed during the blackout; this was not the case. If so, then what was the purpose of such a thing happening?[break][break]

RULES

• i will not tolerate complaints about not being mentioned, tagged, acknowledged or feeling "useless" in this thread. generally, i attempt to mention all characters and their actions in each post, but depending on the number of participants, this may not be feasible.
  • missing more than three posts will result in a disqualification from rewards at the end.
  • remember that although i am essentially the DUNGEON MASTER or GAME MASTER of this event, much of this event's enjoyment and storytelling rests upon the players shoulders. collaborate with what i provide in each moderator post and each other for the best result!
  • lastly, be cognizant of participating players and characters. no one is the "main character" of an event, and allowing space for give-and-take between characters and their actions is highly encouraged.

PARTICIPANTS:
[break]

MAP OF AREA:
[break]

DEADLINE

JUNE 14TH, 11:59PM PST.

close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Civilian
Violet Fairbanks
Dating
--- height
--- height
awards
554 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2024 1:48:11 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar

Elaine frowned. Sometimes it was the simplest actions that set everything into place. Until that one moment, the whole case felt like a hodgepodge of disparate facts that didn't connect. But what Maki had frowned at, Elaine had seen all too clearly.

The sight of a simple contradiction that turned all of the nodes that made up this case into a single path.

"So, that's it. Everything connects into a path to a single truth." Her frown turned into a smug grin as she turned to face Maki and Seiichi.

"You're right, Ms. Yukimura. Everything was before us since the very beginning."

Elaine took a few steps away from her chair and walked away from the dinner table in an arc and began to speak up.

"The whole case felt like it was discontinuous. Between the odd presence of the chef, the appearance of the body, and the blackout, it almost felt like there was a phantom roaming the venue, but that's probably more accurate than I had thought."

Elaine faced back towards the hostess and her brother as she continued.

"The chef was seen walking to the kitchen late in the night." That was just one of the strange pieces of information. "The killer vanished, leaving behind identical shoes to the chef's, that were sitting in a closet. There was a blackout during which we didn't hear from one specific person despite being called out to over the five minites it lasted. The soup that was cooked at the last minute was mediocre at best but the same chef supposedly cooked multiple different dishes, each to the specifications of the guests' own tastes without even a hint of flaw."

And as she walked up to Seiichi, she leaned in from merely two feet away and while keeping her elbow flexed and shoulder at her side, she let her palm face the ceiling and pointed at him.

"And the Seiichi Yukimira who is clearly a klutz just now caught a small notebook with a display of deftness unbecoming of him."

Elaine had not been wrong. The death happened before any of them were even aware. It was exactly how she had described it.

"The point of the blackout was not simply just to allow the body to be discovered. It was also the best chance for the killer to go into hiding and slip right under everyone's noses. He seems to be quite the veritable Kecleon, after all."

She looked 'Seiichi' dead in the eye as she spoke out her final deduction.

"So, 'Seiichi Yukimura,' do you mind emptying your pockets for us? I'm sure you wouldn't mind submitting to a search."

If she was right, then the real Seiichi was probably in the one place nobody could access.

Case Notes from Elaine:
  • Smug Elaine catches the oddity in Seiichi's behavior
  • Elaine accuses 'Seiichi' and requests he submit himself to a search
  • She also surmises that Seiichi is in the bathroom
  • Elaine opts to leave a few blanks for the others to jump in on

Tags: None
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
elite
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
410 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2024 20:37:10 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Lutgarde frowns slightly at Seiichi's uncaring attitude - something to be expected, and yet also ... as ever, a dissonance in helpfulness is something that's like a weird edge to their side, nothing actually there, but just ... unpleasant. They shouldn't think too much of it - it's not like they've never seen it before.

However, the whole investigation seems to take another surprising turn. While the bathroom is the talk of the discussion, Maki then reveals that they already have everything they need - with the blackout being the central question. Indeed, somehow they haven't noticed before - the blackout would not have been used to conduct the murder, but instead ...

Their gears are still turning in their slow and careful, yet also airy and futile ways, as steps up and rises to the occasion. They similiarly arise quietly while she's explaining her further deductions. They move during the explanation, as slowly, there would be a suspect. And they'd approach, not too close. While still utterly useless in the deduction part, at least it's not their first time when suspicions are moved around, and criminals are cornered. (Even if it's a game, people could get hurt in the heat of the moment!)

They trust Elaine's deduction here, and thus if she is right ... there might be need for Seiichi to be restrained should he attempt any unwise moves. Their ranger training and personal fitness and dedication to their body should be plenty enough to keep the potential murderer from completing unwise moves.

tl;dr
- (also still thinks it's a game but the atmosphere be thickenin)
- has absolutely no idea who it might be, but thinks elaine is right
- stands up quietly as well while everyone's focused on elaine, positions themself next to "seiichi?"
- readies themself to restrain him if needed
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,917 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2024 5:33:31 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
That was quite the gaffe, wasn't it? Calling his "friend" out because he recognized his voice... that sure wasn't polite. The Gym Leader had been caught up in the investigation and mystery so much that he had forgotten it was a masquerade. And part of the fun of a masquerade was figuring out who was behind the mask without spoiling it for everyone. He did get a chuckle at the cover story, though; Aslan was such a well-known Pokémon of Josh's that it wouldn't fly with anyone even close to familiar with Mauville Gym.

Leaving the sleuthing to , Josh stood up from his chair and made an intimidating pose, drawing his plastic sword prop and pointing it at "Seiichi" like it were a real weapon. "Submitting to a pat-down will be how this will be most harmless for not just you, but for everyone else. Now, put your hands where I can see them. Now."

- Josh lets Elaine do the detective work, instead taking the role of the threatening police officer.
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Rustboro Captain
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,903 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2024 2:22:08 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","calcifete elise"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[break]

[attr="class","chartag"]Duplicitious Masquerade

[attr="class","symbol"][attr="class","icon-ghost"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

When Elaine presents the theory that the ‘Seichii’ they were with was the real killer and the real Seichii was holed up somewhere in the manor, everything did make sense to that point. She doesn’t know if she should help with handling the killer if they’re right, but her boss was the more capable person to be tackling people down. Elise can’t help but wonder what Ms. Yukimura thinks of the theory and if the female detective was correct in that.[break][break]

“Did you take Seichii to the bathroom?” Purple eyes from the royal ambassador narrow when she asks the man. She doesn’t put her trust in any of the words that he might spout in his defense nor would she believe any that he will say. “If the theory holds water, we will have to address if that was the place you've taken.”[break][break]

In that time, the ambassador waits for the question to be answered if ‘Seichii’ was wiling or not.[break][break]

[break]
♔ Elise asks if 'Seichii' had taken the real Seichii to the bathroom during his plan for murder.[break]

[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elise"]--accent:#D0BDF0!important; --headercolor:#922761!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".elly img"]filter:grayscale(1)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete"]--accent:#D0BDF0; --headercolor:#2E2B2B;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete"]width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border: 1px solid # #2d2d2d; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete b"]color:var(--accent); font:12px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete a"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete i"]color:#ddd; text-decoration:underline solid #444; letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete .inner"]padding: 30px 30px 30px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete .sidebar"]width: 100px; padding-top: 20px; float: left; text-align:center; display: inline-grid; justify-content: center; justify-items: start; [/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete .postbox"]color: #eee; font: 12px 'Poppins'; text-align: justify; margin-left: 120px; border-top: 1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 15px; border-color: #292929;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete .avatarimg img"]width: 90px; height: 90px; float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin-left:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete .chartag"]font:12px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); text-align:center; margin-top:40px; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete .pkmnteam"]width: 130px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete .pkmnteam img"]margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calcifete .headerh"]height:20px; background:var(--headercolor); opacity:0.5;[/newclass]

[newclass=".calcifete .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom: 28px; opacity: 0.3; right: 9px;[/newclass][newclass=".calcifete .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; color:#8f9f9f;[/newclass][newclass=".calcifete .mcredits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".calcifete .symbol"] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; color: #757575; font-size: 230px; opacity: 0.03; z-index: 2; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Abril+Fatface]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2024 6:45:47 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Ooooh, scary!" Aslan held up his hands as he took another unceremonious bite of bread. "I'd listen to him. He gets violent!"

Despite the murder mystery going on, the archaeologist barely seemed to care. Maki had done a good job at pretending that it was a game, and Howard was willing to stomach that falsehood for his own peace of mind. People were willing to listen to whatever you told them, as long as it was more convenient to the truth.

Maybe that was why Maki Yukimura hadn't bothered to check her sibling at all.

"Mmm. You heard 'em! Line up and get patted down, gents!" Aslan said as he began peering over the remains of the food on the table, like a Mandibuzz attempting to feast on a fresh cadaver. He plucked at another piece of bread and went to town on it. "It's a shame the cook's dead. This bread is to die for!"

Ironic.

EATING BREAD
KILL ME
LINE UP FUCKWITS
close tab

played by

newt

jigokuhime, snow white
she/her
october 18
mauville city
ace lesbian
trustfund baby
associate
i'm staying numb to my feelings, dodge 'em like novocaine
awards
154 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2024 17:17:37 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

The accusations come flying in. Seiichi looks between each speaker, eyes wide. Every time he tries to speak to defend himself, he's cut off by the next person. Finally, when speaks, his expression turns into a glare. He slowly raises his hands, and as he does so... his face contorts, changing shape and color, until everyone can see that before them is a megalopolan in Seiichi's clothes.[break][break]

"Infuriating," he hisses. "You were supposed to panic. Then I could have made my way out with the rich brat once the coast was clear." His eyes are on especially; How was he supposed to know there was a detective in their midst? He clearly should have done more research on the attendees, instead of focusing entirely on the Yukimuras and their staff. He twists his head around to stare at Maki. "Now what, ice princess? Will you have my head?"[BREAK][BREAK]

"That depends on the condition you left my brother in," Maki replies coolly. She strides across the floor and starts patting the man down until she finds the key in question. She hands it to , and looks at as well. "Please unlock the bathroom. If Seiichi is in there, bring him here so we can... assess the damage."[break][break]

The megalopolan sneers. "Don't you worry your pretty little head. The idiot is just sound asleep."[break][break]

Maki nods her head at Lutgarde and Elise, indicating they should go. She remains with to keep an eye on their culprit. Heads will roll for this; nobody touches her family, or even her staff. She doesn't know how aware the megalopolan is of who exactly the Yukimuras are. He'll be fortunate not to end up in a landfill, rotting away with all the other bodies Rocket leaves behind.

RULES

PARTICIPANTS:
[break]

MAP OF AREA:
[break]

DEADLINE

JUNE 21ST, 11:59PM PST.

close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
elite
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
410 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2024 11:49:01 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Generally, Lutgarde is a person of near infinite patience, but it seems like might put it slightly to the test - they are honestly also kind of confused, but try not to mind. After all, there is a bigger mystery to be unveiled ...

Their eyes widen in surprise at the reveal that not only "Seiichi" is the culprit, but also- in fact, that this ... they have been a Megalopolan this entire time? (Or some of this entire time at least.) They frown, thoughtful - and the intent of the Megalopolan is also quite clear.

Has this- not been a game all along?

The ranger's still processing everything, quite shocked at more than one reveal that is happening for them at the moment, before 's turning to them and . They nod, "We'll get him." If he's really sound asleep, they will be able to carry him if he's a deep sleeper. They glance briefly back, but believe that the the other attendants will be able to hold their own - they nod at Elise and hurry towards the bathroom to unlock it and hopefully find the real Seiichi.

tl;dr
- finally catches on that this maybe hasn't been a pre-planned game all along
- reassures maki, goes with elise to the bathroom to get seiichi - either waking him to walk on his own or carrying him bridal style lol
close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Civilian
Violet Fairbanks
Dating
--- height
--- height
awards
554 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2024 1:17:46 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar

"Okay, I'm going to be honest here. Um...this was not what I was expecting." From behind her mask, Elaine's eyes opened wide as the culprit transformed from a human being to a Megalopolan. She pressed her fingers onto her forehead for a few seconds as she let herself process what she had just come across.

What was a fairly run-of-the-mill mystery to her had ended up garnering quite the twist and one she personally could say was unprecedented.

On one hand, her work was done. She had found the killer. Maki had found the key. Lutgarde and Elise would go to the locked bathroom and fish Seiichi up. But the killer wasn't exactly what she would call vulnerable.

"That was all this was for?" Elaine finally took a deep sigh and let her hand down from her forehead. "I'm not going to endorse criminal activity, but there were easier ways to kidnap someone rich without being detected."

Keep him talking. Let him blab about every and anything.

"What was even your plan after kidnapping some rich scion?"

Case Notes from Elaine:
  • Elaine gets caught off guard by the sudden Megalopolan
  • She works to just keep him talking by questioning why

Tags: None

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region