POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 3:15:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]SLATEPORT[break]EGG PAINTING IN THE PARK

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

EVENT THREAD
ENDS APRIL 30TH, 11:59PM PST

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_r13u0vHseL1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player][break][break]

EGGSPOSITION

SLATEPORT CITY IS HOSTING AN EVENT for trainers and their Pokemon to enjoy a weekend in the outdoor park. Here, city officials and volunteers help oversee picnic areas, small egg hunts for children and exhibition matches between trainers. However, more importantly, they conduct the annual egg painting contest.[break][break]

Although it is not a serious competition, some artists take advantage of the platform to create incredible works of egg art with their Pokemon. Many, however, take the opportunity to create something horrific, hilarious, or thought provoking...

INSTRUCTIONS

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

THIS IS A CASUAL EVENT where you can participate with all of your characters. Participating is easy. You must make a small post with your character that includes A PAINTED EGG We recommend you edit the following image in an art program such as MS Paint or Procreate:[break][break]

[break][break]

REWARDS

Participating in the egg painting contest will net you the following reward:[break]

There may be additional rewards, but this is not guaranteed.

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
SLATEPORT EGG PAINTING CONTEST
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 3:34:47 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 4:04:53 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]

JAYDEN'S ENTRY

Jayden's not much of an artist, that much is obvious. But he sits at the edge of a small bench, tongue poking out of his mouth just so slightly in concentration. His ghost pokemon float around him, making it so that no one in the nearby vicinity wants to sit near him. Not that he's really paying attention, as he dabs the egg in swathes of purple, pink and magenta to match that of a SHUPPET.

[break][break] The model in question — his Shuppet — cackles menacingly in the distance and tortures a couple who are just trying to have a cute afternoon date.

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,558 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 4:59:22 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
The stroke was messy, eyes winced, paint was heavy. Callan peered into Bowie the Toxel's features as the tried to sloppily apply a film of red pain to capture the Illumina pattern over its left horn. Bowie screeched in complaint. "Hush boy." He replied, "You'll get some treats later."

@bowie

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,112 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 5:29:42 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she really... cannot fucking paint.

the egg, bless its little heart, ends up splashed with a lot of green and purple. she draws a couple of little faces on it. and when she steps back, it... sort of looks like it has dittos on it?

huh.

she adds a little more, scribbling cursive words onto the egg before deciding it's finished and giving up on adding anything further.

it's good enough, right?

right. good job, illie!

eggie painting

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 5:34:13 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eggw"]
[attr="class","eggww"]

DO YOU HAVE AN EGGCELLENT CREDIT SCORE?

[break]
With P.O.G Bank’s FREE mobile banking app you can monitor your credit reports on the go!
[break][break]
It has been said that P.O.G Bank’s ads are everywhere, and apparently, an egg painting contest at Slateport Park is no exception to that. The paint itself is subtle; mostly meant to give the eggs a nice sheen. What makes the piece are the accessories: the whiskers, the cat ears, and above all else, the amulet coin that’s ever so reminiscent of that of the bank’s adorable Meowth mascots.
[break][break]
One of them, beloved Cash Money, stands next to POG Bank’s own CEO as he writes a message on the egg with a brush. It’s simple, yet it effectively conveys the message they’re here to send, and it’s with a smile that he even signs the piece when he’s done with it:
[break][break]

[attr="class","eggwpokes"][break]

[newclass=.eggw] width: 500px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #9c9c9c; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eggw b] color: #F9BF0F; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eggw a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eggw h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eggw h1] font: 15.5px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; text-transform: uppercase; color: #F9BF0F; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eggw u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #F9BF0F; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eggww] padding: 30px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eggw span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.eggwpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #F9BF0F; padding: 5px; width: 490px; margin: 10px 0px -40px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eggwpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

luci
he/they
jan 30
hearthome, sinnoh
pansexual
sculptor/painter
civilian
one-track mind
one-track heart
6'3" height
6'3" height
high achiever, don't you see? baby, nothing comes for free.
awards
181 posts
luciano fisk DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luci
luciano fisk
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 5:50:02 GMT
luciano fisk Avatar
[nospaces]

LUCIANO'S ENTRY

Sitting beside one is the prodigious artist himself, Luciano Fisk. Though, it's been a while since he's taken brush to paper... er... egg? This time, he decides to take inspiration from his very own DRAGONAIR that is situated on his lap, her tail flicking around a paint-can and accidentally splashing some unfortunate soul.

[break][break] The piece might have sold for a million dollars on the market. Ah well, this was yet another type of community service, was it not?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,053 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 11:14:02 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]

MATIAS' ENTRY

despite having second thoughts about joining the contest, matias decides it to be a good opportunity to express his creative side. with 's encouragement, matias spends a considerable amount of time decorating his egg.[break][break]

he finishes it eventually.[break][break]

to all those who have ever doubted matias' abilities as an artist...[break][break]

eat your fucking hearts out.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

socks

litton wickham
he/him
september 25
lumiose city, kalos
???
webnovelist / council assistant
civilian
if desire is the heart’s intransigent verb.
awards
353 posts
nagi miwa DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nagi
nagi miwa
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 12:01:36 GMT
nagi miwa Avatar
"see? i don't think i did too bad."

ha-ppiny!

"what, you don't like it?"

hap, hap!

"ow, hey — don’t grab — careful, that’s my only pair!”

"... don't sulk. i'll figure something out. just hold this egg, and don't drop — oh, you're putting in there? ... cool."

...!

"and, there. now we match."

@tag

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 18:21:00 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler holds a mistreated painting brush between her teeth as she leans back to observe her latest masterpiece.

Brilliant - nay!

Perfect.

Mottled grey paint is smeared across the entirety of her hands, her nose, her cheeks. It has found its way to her hair and under her nails and, honestly? Everywhere else too.

But art requires sacrifice. Bad art, especially.

Not Skyler sees it that way, lips curling into a brilliant grin that mirrors that of her Dorado-inspired egg.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 19:05:19 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar

Elisabeth's Egg

Watercolour had been her mother's favored painting style, and though Elisabeth didn't believe herself to be possessed of the same artistic skill, the splashy flowers upon her egg delighted her well enough. A little self promotion didn't hurt, either, did it?

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,647 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 20:11:16 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar

Andrea's Egg

All done! With her skin and clothes covered in chaotic splotches of green and gray paint, Andrea appraised her most recent masterpiece; From a certain distance, if one squinted hard enough, that egg looked just like Chomper's face. She had used a black marker to apply the finer details, like his nose and mouth, although some of the lines had come out pretty jagged. Drawing on a curved canvas was a borderline impossible task. Still, Andrea was happy with how the end result looked.

close tab

played by

LAIKA BOSS

Gigi
She/Her
January 1st
Snowbelle, Kalos
Unknown
Pokemon Breeder
Ex-Gym Leader
Be kind to yourself
Even though it gets hard
5' 3" / 160 CM height
5' 3" / 160 CM height
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep
awards
306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mudlark
Georgette Bluebottle
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 21:46:32 GMT
Georgette Bluebottle Avatar
It must have taken Georgette ages to get all that wool glued on...

wooloo-egg-georgette
close tab

played by

McFuzzled

Dr. Driscoll
He/Him
October 24
Castelia City
Homosexual
Scientist
Grunt
20 height
20 height
Little crises help you relish the calm.
awards
82 posts
part of
TAG WITH @henrydriscoll
Henry Driscoll
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 22:44:10 GMT
Henry Driscoll Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","complanet"]

[attr="class","complanet-color"]

[attr="class","complanet-grad"]

[attr="class","complanet-img"]

[attr="class","complanet-img-1"]

[attr="class","complanet-shadow"]

[attr="class","complanet-top"]

LITTLE CRISES HELP YOU RELISH THE CALM

[attr="class","complanet-post"]

Frowning at the egg, Henry fights an urge to grimace, or else smash the thing against the ground. Really, the concept of organic life was laughable - full of inconsistencies, subject to random variables and wild upsets at the slightest deviation.
[break][break]
Still, if he was going to manage through the event and not look like a complete madman next to everyone else - many of whom were occupied dyeing their eggshells bright tints and pastels - he would at least have it conform to his own aesthetics.
[break][break]
"Don't blink," he murmurs as he places the finishing touch on his egg, twirling it around experimentally as the corner of his mouth lifts in a grin.
[break][break]

[attr="class","complanet-bot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Rajdhani:400,700,800]

[googlefont=Hind:400,700]

[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #444444;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(5,5,5,.65),rgba(5,5,5,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img]margin:5px 0px -15px 0px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#444444;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#eeeeee;background-color:#444444;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post i]color:#777777;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post b]color:#5f9474;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Mcfuzzled

Bro/Brah
April 1
Dewford Town
Bisexual
Personal Trainer
Trainee Ranger
Stay the course
Whatever it takes
6'4" height
6'4" height
Do I lift? Yeah, brah, I lift your spirits!
awards
278 posts
part of
TAG WITH @beau
Beau Fontaine
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 23:03:19 GMT
Beau Fontaine Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","complanet"]

[attr="class","complanet-color"]

[attr="class","complanet-grad"]

[attr="class","complanet-img"]

[attr="class","complanet-img-1"]

[attr="class","complanet-shadow"]

[attr="class","complanet-top"]

HEART AND SWOLE

[attr="class","complanet-post"]

Beau squints down at his egg as he puts the fine details on his egg, tongue sticking out of the corner of his mouth in concentration. Behind him, his Pangoro, Torben looms as per usual, glancing down with stoic regard for what's surely another of Beau's half-brained antics.
[break][break]
"That lady at the gate bet me I couldn't draw the world on an egg," Beau explains, rotating his egg as he dips his brush in green paint and slowly, methodically - and unusually, for him - draws a straight line sloping along the curve of the shell. "But I'll show her, cause she ain't met Beau Fontaine!"
[break][break]
Setting down his brush, he lifts his egg to display to Torben, whose jaw drops, his chewing stalk falling out to hit the ground.
[break][break]
"It's you, brah. You're my world."
[break][break]

[attr="class","complanet-bot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Rajdhani:400,700,800]

[googlefont=Hind:400,700]

[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #444444;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(5,5,5,.2),rgba(5,5,5,.5));padding:25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img]margin:5px 0px -15px 0px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#444444;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#eeeeee;background-color:#444444;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post i]color:#777777;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-post b]color:#5088b3;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]

[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]