[attr="class","thread"]

[attr="class","title"]GL GROUP CHAT

[attr="class","user"]

[attr="class","section"]
[attr="class","top"]
alexei ivanov [break]
@cloudchaser

[attr="class","comment"]
Sorry I haven’t been around. Things have been somewhat of a mess out here at Fortree. There’s a portal leading to some other reality and I have help from the Fortree Ranger outpost with patrolling and keeping curious people away from it because the local paper said it’s a hazard and.[break][break]

Oh hello and , if you’re not too swamped or anything I’ll be sending macarons I baked myself your way shortly just. DM me your addresses / PO boxes / what have you and I’ll send it via Pelipper Post. [break][break]

Also, thank you for putting into words what I’ve been struggling to say. As the other leader in the outfit that leans heavily towards non-traditional challenges due to the fact that the lessons I want to impart are more unorthodox, I stand by what they said. We’ve been discussing this for ages but it feels like we’re getting the short end of the stick here.[break][break]

I have more I want to say about the matter, but I’ll just keep that to myself; and little Josh already brought up most of what I wanted to say either way.

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=".thread"]background: #2A2A2A; width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; min-height: 150px; padding:10px 20px 15px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=".thread .title"]text-align: center; font: 50px 'Quicksand'; text-transform: uppercase; color: #eee; border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=".thread .user"]padding-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".thread .user img"]height: 80px; width: 80px; border-radius: 100px; float: left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".thread .section"]background-color: #222; color: #fff; margin-left: 90px; border-radius:5px; font: 10px 'Poppins'; padding:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".thread .section .top"]line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".thread .section .top b"]font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".thread .section .top i"]opacity:0.5; letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".thread .comment a"]color:#83D4FA; font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".thread .comment"]padding-left:20px; padding-top:5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.thread]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.thread .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:15px; right:-26px; text-transform:uppercase; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323; } .thread .credit a { font-weight:600!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Playfair+Display|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700|Quicksand|Roboto]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
gym leader gc
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 16:09:57 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","thread"]

[attr="class","user"]

[attr="class","section"]
[attr="class","top"]
callan young [break]
@marcato

[attr="class","comment"]Morning everyone,[break][break]

I passed the comments in this conversation to Dahlia verbatim. Our current system of gym challenge will remain the same.[break][break]

Thank you for your feedback though. It is unfortunate, since I know Josh and Alex have great non-traditional gym challenges. If you're ever uncomfortable with a potential influx of traditional gym challenges, you can come speak to me about it. [break][break]

[break][break]
[break][break]

[newclass=".thread"]background: #2A2A2A; width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; min-height: 150px; padding:10px 20px 15px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=".thread .title"]text-align: center; font: 50px 'Quicksand'; text-transform: uppercase; color: #eee; border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=".thread .user img"]height: 80px; width: 80px; border-radius: 100px; float: left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".thread .section"]background-color: #222; color: #fff; margin-left: 90px; border-radius:5px; font: 10px 'Poppins'; padding:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".thread .section .top b"]font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".thread .section .top i"]opacity:0.5; letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".thread .comment a"]color:#83D4FA; font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.thread .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:15px; right:-26px; text-transform:uppercase; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323; } .thread .credit a { font-weight:600!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,042 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
gym leader gc
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 19:13:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","thread"]

[attr="class","user"]

[attr="class","section"]
[attr="class","top"]
josh devlin [break]
@raikougoesfast

[attr="class","comment"]
I'm disappointed with the decision, but I understand it. But please, in the future, please let the commissioner know that we don't like being kept in the dark about decisions that greatly impact how we do our jobs. We would appreciate it if you at least consult with your Gym Leaders before implementing such sweeping changes. It will make all of them much more understanding about whatever decision the League comes to.[break][break]

It's how the League wants it done. Again, I'm not happy, but that's the decision, and we need to move on.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
gym leader gc
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 0:19:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","thread"]

[attr="class","user"]

[attr="class","section"]
[attr="class","top"]
fernando silph [break]
@fernando.silph

[attr="class","comment"]

@dragonborn27 is correct. There are many methods to bring out a Pokemon’s potential. Likewise, there are many ways to gauge a trainer’s skill.

[break][break]

This is why Gym Leaders are granted the autonomy to conduct their challenges as they see fit. The League trusts your ability to award badges within the scope of your judgement. That has not changed in the slightest.

[break][break]

I do not understand how these changes should have a drastic impact on how any of us decide to run our Gym.

[break][break]

[break][break]
[break]
@marcelo [break][break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,756 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
gym leader gc
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 1:58:33 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","thread"]

[attr="class","user"]

[attr="class","section"]
[attr="class","top"]
rosmontis lune [break]
@edelweiss

[attr="class","comment"]
If it's a problem about thinking how to carry out the battles while still teaching others about the values we'd like them to have, we could maybe think together? I know I'd like to pick your brains about the whole running a gym stuff if I have the chance!

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
gym leader gc
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 1:59:58 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","thread"]

[attr="class","user"]

[attr="class","section"]
[attr="class","top"]
callan young [break]
@marcato

[attr="class","comment"]: I do appreciate the work you and have done so far. [break][break]

I will mention though that this has nothing to do with the commissioner. I sent the proposed changes to the gym system to her and it was approved with Dahlia's trust in my judgment. [break][break]

I personally share the same view with the League.[break][break]

As has pointed out, how you choose to grant a trainer a badge is still within your scope. However, it is the trainer's decision to partake in whichever type of battle they wish against you.[break][break]

: It is reasonable for someone who decides to take on the Champion Assessment to be required to have a certain level of battling ability. I don't think it's extreme or draconian to expect that of our trainers. I also don't equate gym challenges that prepare trainers to defend themselves from threats to be 'preparing them for war'. This is a fundamental requirement in almost all regions. Hoenn by comparison was entirely too lax.[break][break]

Also, welcome @marcelo! Hope you're doing well.

[break][break]
@marcelo[break][break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
A Beacon of Safety during times of War
awards
733 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
gym leader gc
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 9:06:45 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","thread"]

[attr="class","user"]

[attr="class","section"]
[attr="class","top"]
Johanna Joy [break]
@jojo

[attr="class","comment"]
I AM HERE! [break][break]

Sorry for the belated reply. There were some technical issues. Didn’t really get it, lots of technical mumbo-jumbo from the IT-person.
[break][break]
Anyhow.
[break][break]
I’d like to thank all those who congratulated me on my new position. As well as giving my own congratulations to .
[break][break]
Also I’ll DM you in a moment!
[break][break]
As for the topic we are discussing. And this might be out of line, to which I apologize. But from what I've read, the way I see it. The issues that some seem to have does not lie in the fact that these changes happened, but that the Gym Leaders weren’t consulted on the matter. (Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that way, Mr. / Mr. )
[break][break]
I mean, the direction taken is understandable. Hoenn has become a pretty dangerous place, so equipping those trainers who participate in the Gym Circuit properly both physically and mentally has become even more important than before.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
gym leader gc
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 11:14:40 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","thread"]

[attr="class","user"]

[attr="class","section"]
[attr="class","top"]
callan young [break]
@marcato

[attr="class","comment"]: I actually did ask for the thoughts of other gym leaders prior to making the changes to the gym challenge. In fact, it's in this exact group chat when I started doing that. You can read everyone else's comments about it too. [break][break]

If I didn't value the opinions of the gym leaders, I would not have sent them to Dahlia. And I wouldn't have brought it up in the first place to invite your feedback.[break][break]

But yes, you're on the money with the last point Johanna.

[break][break]
@marcelo[break][break]

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
gym leader gc
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 21:11:04 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","thread"]

[attr="class","user"]

[attr="class","section"]
[attr="class","top"]
noah faber [break]
@themachampion

[attr="class","comment"]
i dunno guys.[break][break]
all gyms are supposed to have trads.[break][break]
those always came first with[break][break]
non-trads being optional ykno.[break][break]
league has always valued the trads for battling assessments.[break][break]
remember
[break][break]when olivia abbiati wanted people to answer riddles for her non-trads[break][break]lol

[break][break]
@gymchat

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,042 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
gym leader gc
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2023 9:49:25 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","thread"]

[attr="class","user"]

[attr="class","section"]
[attr="class","top"]
josh devlin [break]
@raikougoesfast

[attr="class","comment"]

JOSH DEVLIN joins the chat[break][break]

Sorry for the @everyone tag again.[break][break]

PSPN NEWS - MAUVILLE GYM MASSACRE LEAVES FOUR DEAD, FOURTEEN INJURED[break][break]

I should probably explain why I've been MIA in this chat for so long. took care of me and got me back into my Gym sooner than expected and forgot to re-invite me after my suspension. It's been a rough few months. I don't get what it is with Mauville Gym specifically, but so many bad actors seem to just hate my guts in particular. While I was barred from my Gym... well, just read the article I linked if you can. It's not long.[break][break]

This was after all the security updates from the last attack, too. Still haven't figured out who's behind that; apparently it turned into a cold case. Pardon my Kalosian, but fuck . He needs to be behind bars. I'm unharmed, but I've had to deal with a real mess in the aftermath. No wonder we have some of the worst Gym Leader retention in the world.[break][break]

Hoenn really is cursed, isn't she?[break][break]

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
gym leader gc
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 23:06:51 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunscomms"]

MESSAGING:[break]GYM LEADER GC

[break][break]

[attr="class","msgs"]

NOAH FABER says...[break][break]
hey guys higher ups want to know
[break]
if u want power spots in ur gyms
[break]
or if theyve already appeared
[break]
one showed up in verdanturf overnight... dk if it was always here or if the crystals made it happen
[break]

sent at 2:08pm, 12/3

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunscomms .msgs div"]font-size:11.5px;display:inline-block;padding:10px 15px 10px 15px;margin-bottom:10px;background-color:#1d1d1d;border-radius:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunscomms .credit"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunscomms .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,042 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
gym leader gc
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 23:18:04 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","thread"]

[attr="class","user"]

[attr="class","section"]
[attr="class","top"]
josh devlin [break]
@raikougoesfast

[attr="class","comment"]

I don't really want one at Mauville Racing Grounds, but what choice do I have? It's already there. I haven't been able to mess around with it much since I've been stuck in Dewford Hospital for so long, but I am opposed to the use of Dynamax for health reasons of the Pokémon that use the power.[break][break]

Just a heads up - I will be closing Mauville Gym on December 9-10 for my birthday party there. Everyone here is invited. I've already rescheduled all my challengers for those days.[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
gym leader gc
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 0:20:37 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","phone lam"]
[attr="class","bg"]
[attr="class","top"]
GL GC [break]
@lama.bean

[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","text"]
LAM says... [break]
yea, one showed up here too near the city line not long ago

[attr="class","text"]
def thinking the crystals might be playing a part. at least in the case of activating it. there’s a tera tunnel p close by on 121

[attr="class","text"]
not positive yet, but it might continue under a good stretch. i’ve poked around it some, but now i can add the power spot lol

[attr="class","text"]
o cool, happy early bday, dude

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","credit"]MILKY

[newclass=".lam"]--accent:#83B130;[/newclass]
[newclass=".phone"]width:400px; min-height:200px; margin:0px auto; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bg"]background-color: #2b2b2b; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #363636, -2px 2px 0px #363636, 2px -2px 0px #363636, -2px -2px 0px #363636; box-shadow: none; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius:5px; border:solid 1px #242424[/newclass]
[newclass=".phone .top"]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); font:10px/10px 'Poppins'; color:#eee; min-height:10px; border-bottom:5px solid var(--accent); padding:20px 60px 30px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=".phone .top b"]font-size:30px; line-height:25px; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".phone .top img"]width:70px; height:70px; float:left; margin-right:10px; border-radius:100px; border:5px solid #333; margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".phone .body"]font:10px 'Poppins'; color:#ccc; padding:20px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".phone .body b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".phone .text"]min-height:70px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".phone .text div"]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:10px; border-radius:30px; margin-top:5px; float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".phone .tag"]text-align:center; margin-top:5px; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; color:#666;[/newclass]
[newclass=".phone .tag a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:1px; text-transform:uppercase; color:var(--accent)!important; text-decoration:none; letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".phone .credit"]position:absolute; font:bold 12px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); top:15px; right:-25px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto+Condensed|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Roboto|Playfair+Display]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,237 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
gym leader gc
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 2:29:57 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunscomms"]

MESSAGING:[break]GYM LEADER GC

[break][break]

[attr="class","msgs"]

NAVY says...[break][break]
No.
[break]
Absolutely not.
[break]
These things are bad for the region.
[break]
I know some of you weren't at the ancient tomb, but the shit it's tied to?

Bad business.

It might hype up the people who come to our gym, like it does on the Galar circuit, but it's gonna poison Hoenn.
[break]

sent at 6:25pm, 12/3

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunscomms .msgs div"]font-size:11.5px;display:inline-block;padding:10px 15px 10px 15px;margin-bottom:10px;background-color:#1d1d1d;border-radius:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunscomms .credit"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunscomms .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
gym leader gc
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 18:33:42 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","thread"]

[attr="class","user"]

[attr="class","section"]
[attr="class","top"]
alexei ivanov [break]
@cloudchaser

[attr="class","comment"]
The—the what?[break][break]

One thing from me: Fortree already has a rift to another reality to contend with; it’s right in the middle of smack downtown if any of you haven’t come by to see where it exactly is. Too conspicuous a spot to readily ignore.[break][break]

Putting that together with… a ‘power spot’, if that’s what it’s called, would… for one thing. I run a Sanctuary alongside my Gym, so wouldn’t the presence of so much unknown energy cause general upset to the wildlife that come through here on their yearly migration routes?[break][break]

(Also, if this ‘power spot’ gets in contact with whatever nasties lurk in Ultra Space should they decide to come out of the rift in downtown Fortree and cause havoc, wouldn’t that… wouldn’t that literally spell a kaiju situation on our hands? Just me thinking out loud here)[break][break]

I’m speaking as a conservationist here, I know how finicky these birds can get—, you’re as much of a bird enjoyer as I am, you know how capricious they can be when their routines and habitats are disturbed.[break][break]

Plus fact of the matter is that I got word of what happened close by out at route 119 pretty recently with the strange-looking Ursaring-like Pokémon, wouldn’t it be asking for a lot more trouble than we can already handle out here?[break][break]

P.S. I’m fine with Fortree and Lilycove sharing a spot, but one right at the backyard where the Sanctuary is? Please think of the environmental consequences that the disruption of energies would cause! (also the potential kaiju situation if the rift to Ultra Space reacts adversely or sth to the ‘power spot’)[break][break]

Plus we have no idea how adversely it would affect Pokémon that come too close for their own good…[break][break]

P.P.S. I may come by with macarons for you

[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights