[attr="class","swarmHead"]
A GARDEVOIR

swarm has appeared!

[attr="class","swarmCut"]
[attr="class","swarmCutIn"]
[attr="class","swarmCutBG"]

[attr="class","swarmIMG"]

[attr="class","swarmText"]

FEBRUARY, ROUTE 102 — Swarms of Gardevoir are a marvel to watch. Their bodies are like flowing dance gowns, able to catch the moonlight with their graceful gaits. Though they are beautiful, these Pokemon are powerful entities. Children like to imagine these Pokemon as powerful swordsman... but perhaps, they are mixing them up with the valiant Gallade.

[break][break]

what will you do?

INSTRUCTIONS

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • only one character of yours may participate.
  • in order to qualify for the capture, you must ROLL using the ROLL COMMAND & REFERENCE A BALL GOWN somewhere in your post. You can use synonyms, figurative language, an allusion, a gif, image, etc.!
  • the two highest rolls will earn a shiny and regular gardevoir respectively.
  • the two lowest rolls will earn a shiny and regular ralts respectively.
  • the attempted capture will not consume a pokéball.
  • the gardevoir/ralts have movesets that will be revealed at the end of the event.
  • this is a time-limited event and will end february 13th, 11:59PM PST.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,301 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
GARDEVOIR SWARM (ERSATZ EMOTION)
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2023 5:27:07 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Route 102 was one of the routes that was reported to have a swarm of Gardevoir happening, so the woman and her Ceruledge would be trying to see if this was true. Agravain would be by his lady's side as the ghostly knight Pokemon turned his head to the many Gardevoir that were there by the grass next to the little Ralts they were talking to. Looking at the flowing white bodies resembling noble gowns, the psychic type was a pretty sight to behold by the royal's eyes. Their bodies even reminded her of the ballgowns she had on for formal events where she had been to the Galarian embassy in Rustboro.[break][break]

The ghostly knight used Shadow Claw on the Gardevoir that approached them and she would throw an empty Pokeball to try to catch one of them. Though they were probably mistaken for their other evolution being a gallant Gallade due to their name in Johtonian being something related to knights, those Pokemon did have the personality to be protective over their own trainers.[break][break]

UtveG4EW

@tag [break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

cynda1

Carla
She/Her
March 1st
Nimbasa City, Unova
Heterosexual
Dunno
Cadet
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
65 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carla
Carlotta Bombardo
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2023 4:12:22 GMT
Carlotta Bombardo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]
[attr="class","star1"]y
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]Carla had recently read about swarms, and word spread that this one involved Pokémon called Gardevoir, whatever those were. Honestly, from what she saw, they looked like quite elegant Pokémon. It was also quite sweet that they had a sort of loyalty for their Trainer that didn't seem paralleled to other Pokémon with high power and intelligence to boot. Regardless, Carla had to at least try to catch one.

[break][break]The woman recalled her sister wearing a prom dress with a similar elegance to Gardevoir. She remembered feeling so jealous... When she went to prom, it wasn't nearly as glamorous.

[break][break]With her was Lance, her fairly new companion, who had already taken to a sort of protector roll for her. It seemed as though Elise's Umbreon really made an impression on him. Either that, or Carla did. Either way, the Pawniard remained as unreadable as ever, and he simply refused to leave his Trainer's side. The second the two locked eyes with a Gardevoir, the little soldier Pokémon took a fierce stance before running at the bigger Pokémon and attempting to land an Assurance attack on it.

[break][break]It was possible that this Pokémon was quite a bit smaller than an actual Gardevoir, or maybe it wasn't in the Gardevoir line at all. It was Pawniard who had jumped to attack after all. Carla didn't give him the order. Either way, everything happened so fast that she threw the Pokeball anyway, hoping it would work out in her favor.

[break][break]wb9yjIM6

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9E9EFF;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
Fox tails hidden under wedding dresses
awards
571 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2023 5:48:12 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Gardevoir, a rather gorgeous pokemon if Makoto could say so themself. They were a pokemon that their mother had been fond of, in the past - though she never owned one of the ralts family herself. Graceful pokemon, moving along with flowing frills like a ball gown - and with plenty of psychic potential stored within, giving them a sensitivity for the emotions of others.

Tsume and Kuro both lurked at Makoto's side as they watched the moving swarm from afar - the gardevoirs being tailed after by their ralts children. With these pokemon causing no trouble, Makoto had no intention of bringing harm like with the fight against the Kingambit swarm of before - but that didn't mean that they wouldn't observe from afar. Who knew, after all, what they could learn from this swarm?

Well, in the absence of others watching them, Makoto couldn't help but find themself intrigued by the movements of the fairy-types. Glancing towards Tsume, the trainer couldn't help a chuckle. "Perhaps we could dance like them, too?" They mused out loud - reaching out to take the zoroark's claws. It was almost like when they were little, and would sometimes dance with 'uncle Tsume', under Nezuko's watchful gaze to the music from the radio.

A flicker of nostalgia crossed Tsume's eyes, as the fox recalled those same memories - but he'd put up the usual tough airs as he simply huffed, taking Makoto's hands in his own. And moving to some silent beat, the duo would make to twirl about - briefly even forgetting that the swarm was even there...
_h3FJw8q
close tab

played by

kohaku

She/Her
Twenty-Five
Jubilife City, Sinnoh
*shrugs*
Freelancer/Ex-Ace Child Detective
Civilian
--- height
--- height
Let's Keep things a bit clandestine, shall we?
awards
404 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elaine
Elaine Highland
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2023 6:00:32 GMT
Elaine Highland Avatar
The more Elaine looked at it, the more she couldn't help but help but see the scene before her as some sort of dance. Yes, underneath the moonlight, the flowing dresses of ball gowns seemed to flutter in the wind.

It was almost surreal to Elaine. Something she could hardly say she saw on a regular occasion, let alone on a small route between the smaller towns of the region. Still, it was hardly the most absurd thing she had seen in her life.

Besides, she was there for one reason and one reason only.

Be it one of the Ralts lower to the ground or the Gardevoir walking prominently, she was here to capture something. And so, without much of a word, she let loose a Pokeball from her hand.

tveb6_KV
close tab

played by

balance

Al
he/him
twenty-six
June 17
Blackthorn City, Johto
bisexual
gym leader
gym leader
53 height
53 height
This soul of mine breaks over and over ...
awards
291 posts
alec foster DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alec
alec foster
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2023 23:01:02 GMT
alec foster Avatar
The gardevoir and ralts running about on Route 102 made Alec think he was witnessing a bunch of women in ball gowns dancing about. Sure, they weren't a dragon type obviously, but perhaps another fairy type would be nice to have around. Sylv the Sylveon for some reason didn't necessarily get along well with his other fairy types, with the exception of his dedenne and mawile. Alec sighed, deciding to pull out a poke ball. he didn't know whether or not to go for a Gardevoir or the Ralts dancing about elegantly, but he figured that he would at least try to catch one. He threw the Pokeball in hand, hoping that whatever it captured stayed inside the Pokeball.

AJVXUNvN
close tab

played by

Ven

he / him / his
thirty-two
august 1
?
bisexual
?
civilian
silently judging everything
awards
112 posts
Adam Lycaon DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @adam
Adam Lycaon
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2023 14:38:13 GMT
Adam Lycaon Avatar
[attr="class","adam"]
So after that little escapade at Meteor Falls, his Braviary had decided to take him somewhere else—what? Why wasn’t he going back to the—to that place? The one with all the trees?

Shit, did he even ask for their phone number?! Uh oh!

Anyway.

The Braviary was circling above, one eye trained on the mass of Pokémon that were passing through—why did it look like Gardevoir was wearing a ball gown from this high up?

It was such a marvel to see, even from up here.

“Are… are we going back now?” he asked the Braviary, to which he got a noncommittal squawk of reply.

What… was that supposed to mean?!

Lc7onrdS

+ @tag
+ Gardevoir swarm here I come we roll and DIE

[newclass=".adam b"] color:#dd5928;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".adam i"] color:#dd5928;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".adam a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2023 16:26:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elio1"]
[attr="class","elio1"]

Gardevoir were quite the elegant pokemon. Elio watched as they gracefully frolicked beneath the moonlight, their white gown-like body floating to and fro. Watching them, Elio couldn't help but notice that their appearance looked similar to a ball gown.
[break][break]
And Elio, the sentimental simp he was couldn't help but imagine his girl in a beautiful ballroom gown. The mafia heir decided at that moment that he would try to catch one, perhaps as a gift to his girlfriend.
[break][break]
She'd definitely love it! With that in mind, Elio threw a Pokeball at one that strayed a bit too far from the others. Hoping he was successful.
[break][break]
gVQCzKmx

@tag[break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","eliopkmn"]

[attr="class","partytop"]

[attr="class","eliocredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elio1"]--accent:#7b6678;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 .elio1"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:jutify;font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 .eliopkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 .eliocredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elio1 .eliocredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

He/Him
January 01
Fortree City
Heterosexual
Rocket Employee
Grunt
175 CM height
175 CM height
awards
378 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gerald
Gerald Kaiser
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2023 16:35:04 GMT
Gerald Kaiser Avatar

A swarm of Gardevoir had appeared.

This wasn’t the sort of Pokémon Gerald preferred nor wanted on his team. But it seemed his little sister had grown incredibly infatuated with the idea of its long BALL GOWN look.

And so, though reluctant he might be, he set out to capture one of these elegant Pokémon.

Around him trainers did the same. He was quick to find an individual of the swarm to engage in battle and attempt to capture. Absol was his fighter of choice and the battle quickly grew fierce, and with the fierceness the prospect of success seemed rather unlikely and dwindling for each moment that passed.

uFEXvOOP

@tag

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Connor Tavarin

He/Him
Twenty-One
March 19
Heahea City
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
7 height
7 height
awards
73 posts
Toki Akiyama DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toki
Toki Akiyama
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2023 23:14:08 GMT
Toki Akiyama Avatar
The entire Ralts family had always interested Toki. From shy and meek to either gallant knights or powerful royals dressed in billowing ball gowns, the evolutions were truly inspiring to him. Seeing the swarm was a sight to behold. Other trainers were around and trying their best to capture the dancing fairies, so he figured that while he was here he'd attempt to capture one himself. He crouched down near some of the grass and tried to get as close as he could. Would this even work on them considering their powerful psychic capabilities? He wasn't sure, but he kept inching close to one of the groups. With how many there were, there was a chance of him getting any of them, or none of them at all if he was particularly unlucky. He took a deep breath and threw a Pokeball, hoping for the best.

jMR9oH3T
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 8:53:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
esmee always admired the ralts evolutionary line. the transformation from a blanket-wearing child pokemon to a teen with a ballerina setup all the way to either a gardevoir with a ball gown or a dashing gallade made her want one on her team for quite a while. would this be her big break to achieve obtaining a rather special addition? mayhaps.
[break]
⚰︎ divider made by milky!

@ swarm

dmrlomiY
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 19:41:30 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Gardevoir, a Pokemon that, in its Mega form, looked like it was wearing a ballroom dress. Thomas knew of its power, and the potential that Ralts had, should he catch one instead. Gallade was a fearsome Pokemon, one that he knew served his older cousin well.

Hoping for the best, Thomas tossed a Pokeball at the swarm.

isDl_Er_

tags: @tag
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 20:16:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]huh...

it's odd, perhaps, to see a swarm of gardevoir dancing beneath the moonlight. she had begun to believe they were sort of an endangered species in hoenn as of late. one too many have met the end of their time during each crisis hoenn has faced.

perhaps they're making a comeback?

she observes them for a while, their ball gown bodies fluttering around each other. close yet not, captivating yet foreboding.

and when she grows tired of watching, she simply throws a pokeball at one that has strayed too far from the group.

yFMC9Cm9
gardevoir swarm.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,498 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 21:58:41 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] It’s a pretty sight, isn’t it? He came out to sight nocturnal birds that evening, but the large gathering of gardevoir is more of a vision than he anticipated encountering. For a while, it’s enough to simply watch their movements. The swish of the dress-like movement of their bodies. It has all the effect of a ballgown fanning out as it’s twirled. Next, Lam tries to capture the fluidity through sketch, but no amount of charcoal drawing can really capture the real thing.[break][break]

From above, would they look like blooming flowers when they spin out? Before he lifts into the air on the back of his altaria so that he might see for himself, he tosses a pokeball into the thick of the swarm—just to test his luck.
[break][break]

mfkHwxgR

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9eb591;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 22:11:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It seemed fate shined upon him and his Gallade as the two ventured the scene. The suit-clad Gallade seemed to dance in tune to the ball gown wearing Gardevoir. It was a miraculous display in itself, one he found himself admiring greatly. But like any fair dance, it had to come to an end. And at the end of the proverbial dance, a poke ball was tossed.

v62W2nQv

[break]
⚰︎ divider made by milky!

@gardevoirswarm