Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,262 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
GOODBYE GALAR: RUSTED SWORD
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 3:12:14 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

The children whisper about him to one another, some in fear, some in reverence. The Pale Rider. One who braves this poisoned land. In the wake of the king’s disappearance, so the story goes, a warrior from Motostoke resolved to keep his promise. Riding the High King’s steed, he braves the waste land.[break][break]
[break][break]He is a patron of the brave and the foolish. Forlorn Hope for those who delude themselves into thinking that they might survive beyond the safety of city walls. Many an errant peasant is saved by his intervention.[break][break]
They say he rides a sightless steed with a coat as black as midnight. None knows how far he has wandered or what he has seen beyond the pale of civilization. With no patron god to serve and no creed but his own, he is free to carve his own path through this dream of Galar.[break][break]
[break][break]
Few know him. Truth be told, he does not know himself. When he wakes up alone under a venom sky, he questions the dreams he has, dreams of someone called . Shrugging them off, he mounts his steed and continues on his quest. This warrior only knows that it is his role to be kindling.[break][break]
People are bound together by bonds. All of us are trapped in mazes of relationships. Flames, unless stoked, begin to die. He carries word from distant kingdoms. His satchel is full of letters and parcels. Motostoke toys of plate and steam are delivered to children in distant Circhester. Fairies caught and bottled in Ballonlea go to Hammerlocke.[break][break]
He brings with him news, tidings between the monarchs. While his loyalty ultimately lies with Queen and King , the Pale Rider respects the word of all ten rulers. Whatever missions they would have him accomplish or word they would have him carry to the other kingdoms within Galar, he does them to the best of his ability. Unless reminded by those with a better memory of the distant dream, he little remembers the League and Rocket conflict.[break][break]
[break][break]
This warrior has an uncanny knack for a well-timed entrance. It is as if his spectral steed has some sense for when they are needed. When Motostoke comes under attack from the dynamaxed monstrosities, the Pale Rider rushes into the fray.[break][break]
[break][break]
There is frantic urgency to his movement in battle. While no natural combatant, he has adapted. He has learned what hurts. He understands well the difference between a human and a Pokemon. Even the weakest of that kind is miles above him – a cliff only raised by dynamax energy.[break][break]
The weapons he wields are designed for pain. Sickly things with jagged teeth. They tear into skin, cause pain. Pain breeds fear. Fear breeds mistakes.[break][break]
Speed is his real advantage. Atop the steed the children call Valkyrie, he is as a southern wind. Quick as death itself, coming for the wicked.[break][break]
They say the sawtooth sword is but misdirection – a side show attraction. His real trick is the gun he has built. Mariners in Circhester speak of ghostly anchors that could chain unfortunate souls and drag them to the depths. Pale Rider’s gun fires steel chains that lock monsters in place, leaving it open for a kill.[break][break]

Or so the story goes. He never stays in one place for long. Motostoke anchors him the most, but even then, he prefers to range. His is a solemn, solitary duty.[break][break]
He recalls a dream of wanting to be a champion. There are days when he talks to people who aren’t there. , , , Gabe. Names that lose meaning as the years go on. There’s a promise lingering in the back of his mind, a vow he can’t quite remember. There’s something he should be doing.[break][break]
is favored with gifts from far away cities. Whenever the Rider is in Motostoke, he always visits her. His social skills, not the best in his old life, fade even more here, but he never stops trying to mind his manners around her.[break][break]
is watched over from a distance. If she wishes to accompany the Rider, she may. She is the sole company he would permit himself on the road, but he knows she has other concerns. Even here, she is vexed by the beating heart of the fourth child.[break][break]
When he crosses paths with , somewhere in the decade that passes, the Rider recalls an old grudge. He walks towards the taller man as if to cause problems, but his horse pulls him away. That is another man’s conflict. Another man’s war. Let that man fight that battle. For now, there is the battle between the Black Knight and the Skeleton to occupy him.[break][break]
At the victory celebration in Motostoke, he bows before the King and Queen.[break][break]
[break][break]
The other cities surely had the same conflict, as with the birds a decade past. Would you have me check on them?”[break][break]
YwZ1rAFQ

[break][break]

+ tl;dr[break]
Navy assumes the identity of the Pale Rider for the decade.[break]
Wanders the roads between the settlements, delivering news, letters, packages, whatever people in the different settlements want delivered.[break]
Has an uncanny knack for showing up whenever there's trouble.[break]
Helps fight the black knight.[break]
Follows the orders of the monarchs.[break]
Protects those who wander too far from settlements.[break]
Explores the destroyed Galar region.[break]
Acquires a gun that can use the move Anchor Shot.
Searches for signs of Calyrex and what happened to him with Spectrier's help.

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,346 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 10:41:34 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the moment his braviary crashes to the ground and his eyes watch fire off the decisive move to end the skirmish was the moment priam realizes that he was never going to be the hero of the story.

"we did it!" he shouts, pumping his fist in the air as the zapdos disappears from their worries. "ayo! we did the thing!"

this was his role: a part of the supporting cast. this wasn't the first time for his attempt to take the spotlight backfire, and instead serve as a stepping stone for someone else. xerneas, littleroot, seal stone. this story would just be the same.

day 01 / month 01 / year 01
" said you're gonna be fine! the injury from the first day will pass, get over it, hehe! just rest here and espy and i will come back every time"

day 03 / month 01 / year 01
"hmm, oh, ? yeah, he got me to help him with whatever he's doin'. there wasn't much to do anyways, so i figured i might as well accept his offer. i'm used to the job anyways!"

day 1 / month 02 / year 01
"thank arceus they considered as royalty! i thought it's going to be awkward talkin' with her, y'know, but apparently, she and silph don't really talk outside of business, so there's very little reason to be there. i still talk to sometimes, though."

day ? / month 05 / year 02
"now that i think about it, i never cashed in on that request owed me from our match at ultra deep sea. oh, well. i do feel bad for snubbing her on the first day after that zapdos kill. stop staring at me! i actually get along with her, okay!"

day x / month 10 / year 02
" visited today. y'know, it never really occurred to me to visit other settlements. maybe i should come with him next time."

day x / month 10 / year 02
"hey, we're back. did you miss us? i had check in on you from time to time since i thought her zapdos was kinda like you. hope you didn't bother her that much"

day x / month 01 / year 03
"i just realized that it's only on our side that i can really talk to about the old days. he lives at another city though, so i really can't. should i give up?"

day x / month x / year 04
" told me to move to motostoke when i was there, but she dropped it when i told her i was helping . it's not really bad since 's also there, but i'unno. it's fun here too..."

day x / month x / year xx
"oh yeah, there was a craze for weapons recently. i went ahead and got myself a set of throwing knives. told me it'll be a while before i can get 'em though, especially since it still needs to be imbued with purify."

"i miss . he's probably back to his old ways since it's been years. his replacement priam better be hot..."

"i never really used nicknames since they always tell me i'd just get attached the moment i gave them, but i don't know if that counts anymore. you can be maeda since i did originally catch you to replace 's dead braviary.

...for espy? i guess he is the most senior member of the team. hmm... vega, yeah, that works."

priam attends the observatory while was out. alone by his own, the only responsibility bestowed on him was to keep the place tidy and organized. it's become second nature to him that he's almost forgotten the main reason he agreed to help out.

once in a while, he tries to make an understanding of any document fernando has published. most of it was just observations and theories jotted down in the most concise wording priam has read, but tiresome words litter the papers here and there, leading to his difficulty.

at the end of every day, priam can be found spending most of his time with his braviary on a home at the edge of the city. he remains the sociable and friendly guy everyone knows, but everyone who knows him well could tell he adjusted badly.

fortunately, no one around him actually does.

tl;dr
  • priam is in his sygna suit
  • continues to help fernando @ observatory
  • transitions from main char to side char
  • armed with purify!throwing knives

KUpgp|fQ

@goodbyegalar

close tab

played by

wizz

the hiker
she/her
twenty-eight
april eighteenth
petalburg
demisexual
hiker
ranger officer
how deep
the bullet lies
119 height
119 height
you don't wanna hurt me?
awards
355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @francie
francie myrtle
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2023 16:35:07 GMT
francie myrtle Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frann"]
[attr="class","franntag"]

[attr="class","frannmain"]

The moment the hyper beam hits and the galarian zapdos falls, Francie feels her chest ache a bit. Yes, she’s a hero. Yes, she had to fell a legendary… but luckily for her, it was in fact the fragments that caused the zapdos to fall, not her hyper beam. Instead, she likely laid the beast to rest.[break][break]

A truth she is far more likely to accept than being a legendary slayer.[break]

[break][break]

THE FIRST MONTH
[break]
Trying to figure out what was happening was quite the doozy. She hadn’t been able to figure out much other than, as reassured her, there would be no going home until the prophecy was completely figured out.[break]

[break][break]

THE FIRST YEAR
[break]
Which led her into quite the predicament. What was she supposed to do with herself now?[break][break]

Determining to keep herself as busy as possible, she became a sort of jack of all trades at first. But where she found her real passion was going into that chasm of darkness and poison and taking out whatever gigantic pokémon came their way.[break][break]

Francie easily transitioned from legendary slayer to a gigantimax warrior, including making herself a weapon to use.[break]

[break][break]

AFTER A DECADE[break][break]
[break]

Her plunges into the depths were a constant. Her way of trying to do her part and also pointedly ignore that she was torn away from everything she loved. Her family? Grown and old. Her parents? Likely passed on, namely her mother.[break][break]

Over the years, battle after battle, Francie honed her skills both with her rock pokémon and with her own warrior skills. The shards they’d collected during the recent run in with necrozma she had fashioned into a for herself. By none other than himself, a man who was making quite the living off of creating these weapons of mass destruction. Her fancy was to make it like that of a baseball bat, but from hell. When struck in the ground with great force, she could even summon a powerful stone edge.[break][break]

played a great role in helping her to solidify herself into whatever role she needed to fill in the memory. Because he had a theory that they could get back, that ‘aging’ here was more a product of habitual memory coming to the surface than actual time passing. Which made sense to her.[break][break]

Because sometimes, these events felt like a blink of an eye. Like, did she actually defeat those creatures? Sometimes it felt so real, other times it felt … wrong, or different? Maybe even a little strange.[break][break]

Even more convincing was her current status as an individual, and who it was to blame that she was no longer ‘single as a Pringle’ as she usually said.[break][break]

For the moment, she sits watching the people. Her bat is strapped to her back as she watches the people moving about. She’s just come back from a raid, scratches and bruises a show for it on her arms and cheeks. It’s never easy and she always takes most hits.[break][break]

After all, as she once told , she’s always been a tank. And as she once told , don’t fix what ain’t broke.[break][break]

She glances toward the sun, standing up from her spot. Her legs begin to carry. Her in a near skip down the small formation she’s on. She makes her way down completely and walks toward a nearby restaurant, where she awaits to have a nice lunch with on his break from the observatory.[break][break]

Which reminds her that she’ll have to thank for the break.

TL;DR[break]
+ location BALLONLEA[break]
+ move chosen STONE EDGE[break]
+ weapon used BASEBALL BAT MADE OF SHARDS

[attr="class","frannpoke"]

[break][break]
YXjxp4jl

[newclass=.frann]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann div.quote_body] margin: 10px -20px -25px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frannmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:65px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.franntag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frann b] color: #D49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frann a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.frannpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,250 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 1:32:26 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Melodypog3"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Melodypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-subtitle"]
If it’s war that you want then you got it. If it’s pain well I brought what you need.

[attr="class","Melodypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-icon"]

A month goes by, Melody is still hopeful that she'd be able to return home soon, she worried for her Pokemon at home. How much time had passed there? How did things fair in Hoenn? She was plagued with worry especially after Calyrex had come and given a strange prophecy of sorts about a skeleton and an armor clad in black. [break][break]

Was it Necrozma? Another pokemon covered in those black crystals? She had no idea, the only thing she knew was that the people and the Pokémon here needed help and she was in a position to do such a thing.[break][break]

FIRST YEAR [break][break]

Melody spent the majority of the year taking care of pokemon who were too injured to fight and cared for them instead. It took a lot of work but thankfully Cobalion was able to help her with it and her goal. She wanted to keep honoring her vow with him. Regardless of where they were, a promise was a promise and Melody intended to keep it. So she continued the H.O.M.E network idea in this world, asking the town folk if they could bring her pokemon who were too injured to fight so that she can bring them under her protection so she could tend to their needs. She also spent that time trying to teach them how they should work alongside pokemon and forge bonds with them and the beauty of being friends with them. [break][break]

She would also always respond to the occasional threat from the deep of dynamaxed pokemon, becoming quite adept at handling them. [break][break]

TEN YEARS [break]
However, after 10 years of this, the prophecy came to pass. Necrozma appeared at the settlement, she was one of those who responded, defending the town against the horrid creature at it seemed intent on harvesting whatever power source laid within the den. Black metals scatter across the place and Melody collects one for herself and infuses it into her sword. Cobalion takes note of it's strange ability and teaches her how to use SACRED SWORD. [break][break]

Over the years also came to and for her home where she cared for her pokemon, occasionally helping her by giving her supplies to assist her with the caretaking of these injured Pokémon. [break][break]

lqyuWwaz

[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Sets up the home network in the first year [break]
Develops the home orphanage for injured pokemon in galar over the 10 years. [break]
Infuses her sword with Necrozma crystal to learn how to use SACRED SWORD [break]
Navy brings her gifts every so often and are :looking: @ one another.
[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Melodypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Melodypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Melodypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Melodypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Melodypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#e1716b;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Melodypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Melodypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Melodypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Melodypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Melodypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#e1716b!important; }.Melodypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Melodypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Melodypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Melodypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Melodypog3-post i { color:#72b4ff; }.Melodypog3-post b { color:#e1716b;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Melodypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Melodypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Melodypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#e1716b;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#e1716b!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 15:06:57 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan's thoughts never strayed far from Hoenn. Tethers to the past had hooks inside him, and he always had trouble with letting go.

Ten years meant nothing to someone with someone else to live for, the tides of time changes his face and his musculature, but his red eyes always looked for a means to restore the sword. At first, he opened his wallet and stared at a picture, then when it began to fade with the corrosion of the years, he traced it with a pen, with black ink, fitting it into a locket and always keeping it within his shirt.

When the fighting subsided, when the days turned to night, when the hands of sludge faded into obscurity, Callan played acoustic underneath a fire to the citizens, he dabbled in a note with music, and he'd look inside the locket.

Where once was a vivid picture of a daughter, now was just a sketch, the days flew by and each day, it became harder to recognize her. As the years passed, he would look inside, and wonder how different his daughter would look now. Did she graduate yet? How was high school? Did she have a partner? Did she marry yet? Does she look like me or her mother? Did she remember him? Did she mourn him?

The riddle haunted him every day. And with every passing year, the thoughts became more bleak. Until eventually, after a certain point, he accepted his memory fading away from him. He threw himself into work, if nothing else, but to distract from these thoughts.

There was of course the ones provided to them at the stadium, years past when they were first warped here. But moreso than that, it was the idea of Heroism. What was heroism? It was something he had struggled to comprehend at the start, but a month in, he had settled on an answer.

In the first year, Callan dedicated everything to the task at hand. He worked as an effective advisor for and , he worked under them an established a working militia, which, over time became an army.

He wanted to get out quickly, and so everything he did was for the showmanship of what it meant to be a hero: battles, glory, victory, speeches and writing. And while something was to be said for being able to inspire others to follow your lead, it was more about about kindling a flame worth gathering around, a cause that echoed in the heartbeats of the many and not just the one.

What truly mattered was the creation of a beacon, a purpose, an essence worth rallying behind - that was the true magnet that drew people in, that commanded them not just to watch, but to listen, to believe, and to follow.

Callan's regiments were not structured like a formal military, Callan kept it simple and therefore flexible: Survival. Break people into groups, assign capable people to roles of importance and plan for the worst case scenario. Food, resources, materials, and when necessary, battle.

His ability to handle chaos helped in this, every day of every hour was a new problem to solve, a new solution to find. When there were none, make a decisive action and live with the consequences.

In one unifying coda, everything else fell into place. The threat of these sludge creatures, which were eventually discovered to be aspects of Eternatus, kept morale high.

In the crucible of necessity, the very best of humanity shone through. In conflict and stress was where the human spirit came together, and so too did Callan's understanding of what heroism meant.

Heroism did not solely reside in the grand narratives of extraordinary acts, legendary tales, or caped crusaders.

They also exist in the ordinary moments of life, woven into the fabric of daily existence.

It was knowing that courage isn't always a roaring lion but sometimes a whisper at the end of the day saying, "I'll try again tomorrow."

Heroism is recognizing that every act of kindness, no matter how small, is a drop in the ocean of humanity, creating ripples that extend far beyond what our eyes can see.

It was the moment you realize that a hero is the single mother working under two units for the sake of her children, the nearby survivor who checks in on the elderly couple next door to make sure they were fed, the child who takes up Pokemon training to help defend city walls against sludge beasts.

Heroism wasn't defined by grand gestures, but by the consistent choice to do what is right, what is kind, what is just, even when no one is watching.

It's understanding that being a hero doesn't mean you're invincible; it means you show up, you care, you strive, despite the fear and despite the odds, and despite the flaws.

And so that was what he sought to build.

Every building, every resource, every successful planted tree. Every purified source of water. Every successful battle would be worth celebrating. Not just for the sake of getting out of the city, but for the sake of just revelling in every tiny effort to go keep on going.

Eventually, the boyishly good looks fade to a grizzled veteran.

But still, when the necessity of his presence wasn't needed, when he had finished curing the latest victims of poisoning with antidotes, and the fires of battle dimmed, he'd sit alone in bed every night looking at a locket with a faded picture of his daughter. He would almost resigne himself to a fate where he'd be happy with just his memories, dabble notes with a pen, an acoustic guitar, and a notepad, and then go to bed.

A decade passes, Necrozma comes.

But Motostoke is prepared, through a decade of continuous military training and countless battles, what were once peasants were now trained soldiers. When the Black Knight arrived, its assaults raze Motostoke and cripple thousands. Its black metal shards splinter across the rebuilt infrastructure of the land.

Losses weigh heavy, and the General takes a piece of black metal from the ground. His eyes flit from the devastated battlefields to his troops, tired, hungry, shell-shocked. Callan needed to speak.

"Those of you who still fight for me, we will fashion these into javelins." He begins, addressing the battalions still standing.

"We take the bones of the dead, and cremate them, so they become the diamond tips of the metal."

"When Eternatus arrives in our city, we form a phalanx across the Motostoke River, the cowards will drown, the heroes will emerge victorious, or die fighting for their loved ones. He will arrive, just as Necrozma does. And there will be No Retreat."

Callan slams his fist against stone, creating an echo.

"Return to your homes. Hold your loved ones. Kiss your children. Eat a hot meal and see your family. Then you will remember why you cannot give up. We drill again in a week, and we drill until we are able to face a God and kill it."

Callan's own is forged within a week, having requested armaments from Ballonlea by their smith . Adorned by a hundred others. Steel spears with blades of black metal, the tips of which were the cremated remains of his soldiers, pressured into a diamond sharp tip. His own was a forged War-Spear, adorning the Standard of the Hetairoi.

When Eternatus comes, there will be No Retreat.

pX44R7f|

+ Callan works as an advisor to and , training the militia into a foritified army in the decade.
+ Callan's understanding of what it means to be a hero is inspired by civilians working together in times of crisis.
+ Motostoke is prepared when Necrozma invades but the losses were still heavy.
+ forges the black metal into spears for his companions and their Pokemon. He asks to cremate the dead soldiers and forge them to be the diamond tips of each spear.
+ Callan learns NO RETREAT.

RUSTED SWORD

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 15:58:14 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[attr="class","pokkenger"]

Though it led us to a new today
Scars of pain can only fade away
Healing winds are blowing through

The tides of war turn in their favor as fighting back the crazed Pokemon proves successful. With their strength combined they all managed to save this ruined city from destruction. The people cheered and sang their praises and even crowned a few of them as royalty to watch over their land. Kaz had always searched for glory yet did his best to keep himself humble when Pokkenger went about keeping the peace. Yet he couldn't help but recall to a "king" he knew he once was, even if that reign came to a bloody end. He had to wonder, what did that "person" do to become king? What did they have that made them "royals" that he lacked?

They were questions for another time, for now the masked hero went back to doing what he did best. Protect the people and Pokemon that were hurting around him. This land was still hurting and he wanted to mend that hurt a little bit.

Night of shadows cast reminding us
Of heroes seen in dreams of past again
Advise us with wise counsel and acumen

In the following month the Calyrex they had met graces them with not just its presence but a prophecy of the future filled with strife that awaited them. While Kaz couldn't make heads or tails of it himself he could discern something about the tapestries that hung in Hammerlocke's vault. They depicted what seemed to be a battle between a skeletal beast and a dark knight, the two beings that the lost high king told them about. Yet it was something else that caught the man's attention; a shining dragon that appeared in this fight all of a sudden. While he had no idea what the creature was he knew that its form was eerily familiar.

He knew he had seen an image just like it before, back when he spoke with an old friend about strange creatures from other worlds. While he could connect the dots the bigger picture still wasn't forming in his head, so for now he would just have to sit back do what he could. Maybe with the passage of time the puzzle could become a whole lot clearer.

Heroes are slumbering
Flames are flickering
In this ruined world
A promise to uphold, will you remember me?

A year goes by and while Kazimir isn't a king like his sea faring other he still shows talent in leadership. Those from the same time and world as he was from do their part in fending off the dangers that spill from the poison outside the walls or even from within the Power Spot, so Kazimir does the same and join them. The slight difference that separates him from the rest is a passion that comes to the surface when he's asking for other brave souls to join him and follow him on these excursions. Its almost infectious among the common folk as he soon finds himself surrounded by others that walk hand in hand with one another under the same banner.

This tight knit group became known as the order of THE EMERALD KNIGHTS who would be the first on the scene at the sign of any danger that dared to threaten their home. At the forefront Kaz would be seen leading them off into battle with his call, shrouded in a familiar mask that slowly began to be chipped away at with each battle.

Under the shrouded moon,
Silver gleams anew
Clouds are soaring high
Summon words across the sky, heed our call!

As the end of a decade inches closer the band of brave warriors that were once a handful turned into one of Hammerlocke's most prominent fighting force with a Machamp of a man leading them. Now dubbed as Knight Captain Kazimir had grown into a man who's face was a mask all on its own. His features grew more sharp and grizzled making him appear to be a man hardened by battle. Yet those who knew him well knew that he was the same energetic man as he was all those years ago especially when he dons his new mask. While the hero of hoenn didn't exist in this world any longer the brave soul in Kaz didn't stop burning and so he replaced his uniform with one that resembled a familiar sight. A strong canine that once fought off a ruinous creature that he saw long ago, a hero that was still sleeping somewhere in this world and had yet to waken up. Its visage inspired Kaz's new uniform and many would say that once he donned the new look it was like he was a feral arcanine as he ravaged the battlefield with inspiring words and a strong sword arm.

Bonds of love, emboldened
When the Heroes have woken
But the face is in the mirror
Twin reflections growing clearer

Necrozma soon descends on the land and brings one of the most grueling battles in the history of Hammerlocke. Kazimir and his knights share the losses that many do in this fight but are a source of inspiration to keep pushing against the Black Knight and send it back where it came from. Once the battle comes to an end they all spare not even a second tending to the care of the wounded and the destruction the battle had brought with it. Meanwhile Kaz reflected on the prophesy and decided to arm himself and his crew with even more strength to give them better chances against the Skeleton that was still to arrive.

Taking some of the fragments with him to a trusted blacksmith he had them forged into a large greatsword that he could wield with one hand thanks to his years of strength training. In the following days of recovery many seemed to take notice of how the blade had a ceaseless edge to it when swung, leaving behind black splinters familiar to Necrozma's body in every cut it made.

Bonds of light to lead us
A new dawn to greet us
Dynastone as red as ruby
You and I for all eternity

[GOODBYE GALAR]
[tldr;]
-[location] HAMMERLOCKE
-forms a group of knights with attitude who protect the city - year 1
-becomes captain of a whole order of knights, swaps his pokkenger clothes for zacian inspiried armor - year 10
-creates a greatsword from necrozma bits with the move Ceaseless Edge on it - weapon
-anyone who gets the ballad reference gets to be an honorary emerald knight

fQ0ZwaUJ

[newclass=.pokkenger] [/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger i] color: #18d13f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #18d13f;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
A Beacon of Safety during times of War
awards
740 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 17:10:16 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

PRE TIMESKIP

The battle came to an end. A bright relieved smile upon her face. Claydol was given much praise for its valuable contribution to mowing down the enemies. And though some of the peasants of Ballonleah offered her praise as well, it was clear that their focus laid upon those who had rallied them.

Which in hindsight was understandable. Still, she accepted the praise she got and looked for Megan to make sure she was safe. Before returning to the PokéCenter to repair it.

ONE MONTH LATER

The first month was rough. Johanna ran herself ragged helping with defeating wave after wave of poisonous monstrosities. Rebuilding the city and its PokéCenter, It was only with the help of that she managed to do so. All while also curing the wounded and ill, even if they hesitated to approach someone so clearly inexperienced. .

Within the first month she learned a valuable lesson. A lesson her Mother had never mentioned, perhaps because wartimes weren’t common in Hoenn during her childhood. War brought casualties, true, but the largest majority of people that needed help came from daily life. Broken bones, coughing children, the flu. All rampant problems that she was forced to learn how to deal with quickly.

Broken bones and illness were serious problems, but wounds of the soul needed treatment too. And unfortunately there were ample amounts of people carrying such wounds around. Amongst them is , her best friend. To whom she dedicates considerable time in helping adjust to their new situation.

But Megan was not the only person whose soul had to be healed. But this was an old wound each half carried by herself and . While it would take longer than a month to mend, mend it, she would.

Unfortunately, while the PokéCenter was equipped with the standard equipment, there was a certain lack of books on the subject of both Human and Pokémon health.

ONE YEAR LATER

A year went by fast. Johanna liked to claim that she learned her craft well and quickly. Though she still harbored doubts. By now the peasants came to her in times of need and in times of no-need.

She had also begun to take self-defense classes from , though she saw less and less time on the battlefield.

When correspondence became an option between the settlements, she was quick to contact those who had taken the mantle of Healer in the other cities. Among them became an incredibly valuable pen-pal to her, as his understanding of the human body came in clutch on more than one occasion.

While thoughts of Hoenn and the Pokémon left behind still stung, she was slowly growing accustomed to this life, her new life. Helped along by the powerful experience of helping a new life come into this world. Being a midwife during such an endeavor and those that followed. It allowed her to realize that for better or worse, this was her life now.

A life that she shared with everyone around her.

A life that she shared with her best friend

But it wasn’t all happiness. Her first year almost marked to her what felt like the biggest failure as a Healer. Her first preventable death. She made a mistake, she could have done better, had she known. Necrotizing Fasciitis, a flesh eating disease, how the young boy of no more than ten summers contracted it was a mystery. She theorized the poison had somehow got to him. Yet it spread quickly, too quickly. The boy died, Telling his parents was the hardest thing she had ever tried.

She didn’t sleep that night, and many of the following nights. Unfortunately discussing the case with through letter correspondence only revealed that her lack in skill was what caused the boy's death, for it was treatable.

FIVE YEARS LATER

Five years went by. By now the name Joy was as synonymous with Healing as it was in Hoenn.

Hoenn.

Johanna barely thought of it any longer. She had dedicated herself to the life she now lived. Confident in her abilities now. Some of the peasants had even grown to call her miracle worker, though she always protested some claims. But her protests fell on deaf ears when she saved the lives of a birthing mother and child, both posed to die from their efforts.

Her Pokémon had become a staple point amidst the town now.

Retnauh the Gengar carried on her legacy of showmanship providing entertainment for the peasants and their children.

Shadow the Marshadow had taken to candy making. Creating the very lollipops Johanna so readily handed to each patient, especially to and her Galarian Zapdos.

Ruby the Tinkaton had taken to tailoring and assisting Johanna in her care of patients. Hammer foregone in place of needle and thread. She had become a veritable Chansey in all but form.

Clay the Claydol helped build, erecting boulders from the very dirt to protect the city whenever needed. And when not, he watched and listened. Watched life unfold, watched lives lived. Knowing it would outlive them all. It felt melancholy most days until action pulled it out of its headspace.

Dorian the Aegislash had taken to the arts alongside its fellow ghost-type. Entertaining children with displays of martial prowess. Sometimes it would even play the role of training-partner for ’s unfortunate students.

Lastly Anat the Blastoise took to farming like a fish in water. She kept the fields clean and watered as best she could alongside the peasants and the other Hoennians.

TEN YEARS LATER

Another Ten years went by. The PokéCenter had grown with a few additions to the building. But most notable was the new building that had appeared beside it.

Johanna had opened an orphanage, taking in all the souls whose parents had been lost to the continuous attacks from the poisonous monster waves. She had become their mother, and she loved them all equally.

The prophecy of ages passed a long forgotten memory until the very moment where the Black Knight stood before them. She joined the battle to defend their city. What rust there had appeared on her skills as a trainer quickly vanished thanks to ’s lessons keeping her somewhat battle ready.

They won. The Black Knight scampered off, though the victory came at a cost. Lives were lost, both young and old. More children whose parents were gone, more bodies to bury in the ground. As Consolidation was the metal. Metal which the populace quickly learned could be forged into armaments of near mythical power. Though the mechanics of how the powers came about was something that eluded her.

Still, like many others she too would go to the resident Blacksmith () and place an order. But she did not order weapons, her piece would be ornamental. A pair of filigree bracelets with the PokéCenter Logo forged in the middle using jewels, and from which the intricate filigree pattern would grow.

Like with the weapons it seemed these bracelets too carried some measure of power. Her aid came quicker to her patients, some even claimed to see a faint greenish shimmer around her hands as she worked on her patients. But only when she truly put it to the test did she learn that her bracelets made manifest her desire to heal and help people through the power of HEAL PULSE.

And this is where the tale shall end for now. For she would do naught else but focus on her job as the resident healer caring for friends and family alike until the day of prophecy would be upon her.

TFjDSyEU

TLDR:
- Johanna focuses on her job as a healer and caretaker of the Pokécenter, doing her best interacting with the people etc.
- Becomes quite good at it, expands the PokéCenter Building, and builds an orphanage.
- Johanna partakes in the battle against Necrozma.
- Johanna orders intricate Filigree bracelets made of the Necrozma metal from Gwyar. (These lets her use Heal Pulse)

@isekaitime

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
367 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 18:47:52 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

At first, she did not want to know their names. Those villagers, she just considered them random bystanders brought there so that the heroes had someone to save. Existences without any real meaning, as far as she was concerned as she waited every day to be transported back.[break][break]

Only that never came. Still, she continued to think that it would, getting inwardly more frightened and depressed as every day passed without salvation. Did not show it though. Not at all, really. Instead, she focused on helping rebuilding with a smile, only eventually opening up to when the other offered to help her. It certainly took some prodding, but at the very least the two of them managed to sort some things out, which in turn helped Megan come to terms with her situation.[break][break]

From there on, she decided to learn those names, to try and do their best. Life was not so bad when shared with someone one cherished, though she always longed to return. Which was why she joined those that ventured beyond the walls between assaults, scouting out what they could of the region, though she made it a point to try and stay safe at least. Alongside Johanna, she learned how to fight from Gywar and carpentry from one of the villagers. Simply helping everyone get well through the winter and being able to repair things, to mend things, that was what she enjoyed. Jo was the one who healed the living. That was not something Meg was good at, but she could take care of that which was not living.[break][break]

That and protecting the living, of course. She and her Pokemon helped fend of the poisonous Pokemon – and, eventually, a Necromaza. That truly was a terrifying fight, one she was very glad to be over eventually. Sadly, many were lost, but fortunately, she and Jo at least survived, so she had a shoulder to lean on in these times. From the blackened steel she had herself fashioned a shield that allowed her to use protect – for that was the role she considered herself to grow into there. Joy might have become synonymous with healing, but Megan did not need Whitmore to become synonymous with anything. She just wanted to protect what she held dear.

[break][break]

+ Struggles with ...everything... but gets better thanks to Jo, moves in with her, scouts a bit, learns self defense, learns carpentry and helps with that. Also gets a shield made that lets her use Protect

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Alicia Jewel

she/her
October 18
Pyrite Town, Orre
bisexual
"Freelancer" (Rocket)
Elite
Single
102 height
102 height
awards
460 posts
Ruby Garcia DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rubygarcia
Ruby Garcia
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 22:09:43 GMT
Ruby Garcia Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ruby"]
[attr="class","rubyw"]

[break][break]Great, of all the things to slow her down, it had to be pollen-induced sneezing. Luckily, and her Flygon managed to blow it away, freeing Arachne to unleash her Z-Move. Ruby was still too stubborn proud to thank her, though she did spare the stranger a glance that was probably grateful.

[break][break]With the Venusaur felled, Ruby returned to the center of town, where the peasants had erupted into cheers. and were crowned as royalty. A familiar child knelt at her mother's side but did a double-take when she spotted Ruby.

[break][break]"Miss!" she called before standing up and running to Ruby. Her mother called after her, but the child paid her no heed. "You were wonderful! I want to be as strong as you when I grow up!"

[break][break]"Uh... Thanks?" was Ruby's elegant, heroic response.

[break][break]The child's mother came to collect her, muttering apologies while barely making eye contact. The child didn't mind at all, waving cheerfully at Ruby as she was pulled away. A sort of awkward pride welled up in Ruby's chest.[break][break]

[break]

One month later

[break]Calyrex visited, just as it had promised, and dispensed a prophecy that had Ruby sighing. Why couldn't these things ever be straightforward? The Black Knight and the Skeleton were mentioned again; apparently, they'd have to side with one of them? Ruby wondered if this prophecy's meaning would become clear with Calyrex's subsequent visits, but the former High King never returned. Perhaps the poison had taken it, too.

[break][break]The child's name was Mathilda. Despite her mother's obvious wariness, she ran over to greet Ruby whenever she saw her and chattered excitedly about the battles she'd seen.

[break][break]"Will you teach me how to fight?" she asked one day.

[break][break]Ruby scoffed beneath the mask she still wore. "I'm not much of a teacher, kid."

[break][break]The sadness on Mathilda's face was clear even through its dreamlike uncanniness. It tugged at Ruby's heart.[break][break]

[break]

A passing year

[break]Mathilda was persistent, never letting her disappointment or Ruby's increasingly half-hearted rejections dissuade her. She tried everything from asking nicely to Baby-Doll Eyes to attempted bribery (not that she had much to give, but the effort was there). Finally, one day, she marched right up to Ruby, determination screwed onto her indistinct face, and said, "Teach me how to fight."

[break][break]"You're not giving up, are you?"

[break][break]"Nope!"

[break][break]Ruby sighed, but she couldn't stop the edges of her mouth from twitching upward, nor did she have her mask to hide that expression anymore. (As it turned out, trying to hide your identity while spending a year in a town with a bunch of League people was nigh impossible. ... "Nigh impossible"? Sheesh, Ruby had been here a while.)

[break][break]"Fine. But I'm not gonna take it easy on you."

[break][break]Mathilda grinned from ear to ear.

[break][break]As it turned out, not taking it easy on Mathilda meant starting her off with basic self-defense and Pokémon battle commands. Time and age would slowly have them both move on to bigger and better techniques.

[break][break]On some evenings, Ruby could hear the distant, mournful howling of 's pack. The sound weighed heavy on her heart, reminding her of everything she'd lost and left behind in Hoenn. She was glad wasn't in this hell with her, but Arceus, she hated not knowing if she was all right. She never thought she'd miss Hoenn so much, either. It was a paradise compared to this hell.[break][break]

[break]

A passing decade

[break]In addition to creating the Craftsman Guild, also offered combat training. Ruby was confident in her ability to brawl and command her Pokémon, but she'd never had any proper training. That had already screwed her over on multiple past occasions. Thus, her pride worn down by her time in this poison-corroded dream, she began learning under the knight. (Ruby may not have known his true origins, but at this point, it was safe to say he wasn't playing.)

[break][break]At first, Mathilda was too young to join in proper training, but Ruby passed on what knowledge she could to the child who had become like another little sister to her. Despite her physical similarities to Opal, the two were hardly anything alike. Mathilda was much more fiery and outgoing, and even the constant invasion of her home couldn't wear that down. Ruby didn't like to hold hope too close to her, knowing it could be shattered at any moment, but Mathilda made it seem like maybe, just maybe, it'd be okay to hope just a little bit.

[break][break]Ruby still wasn't the most sociable of the bunch, but being stuck with people for ten years, fighting for your lives together, was bound to create some unintended bonds, even with people she'd normally consider enemies. And being a warrior on the front lines meant seeing a lot of the town's residential healer, . The visits were awkward at first. Ruby still held resentment for Johanna's betrayal and the life she was allowed to lead after she left, but what the hell was she supposed to do about it? The line between Rocket and League was so blurry here that it might as well have not existed. So Ruby sat there in silence as the former Rocket patched her and her Pokémon up after a particularly rough battle.

[break][break]It was Mathilda who helped pave the road to reconciliation between them. She caught a bad case of the flu, along with several other villagers. Johanna, purported miracle worker she was, helped her get better. For the first time, Ruby thanked Johanna, though in a quiet, begrudging way that clung to the last of her pride. It wasn't enough to heal the wounds on their souls, but it was a start.

[break][break]Time passed, and people aged. Ruby looked more worn and rugged than she ever had in her life, but she still fought on. No matter how long she was stuck here, she wouldn't let this be the end. It was strange, though; sometimes, it felt like the years were dragging on, but at other times, it felt like she was jumping through time with bursts of static to fill in the gaps.

[break][break]Mathilda, meanwhile, grew into a young warrior under Ruby's and, later, 's tutelage. The years hardened her, but she never truly lost her spark. She proudly helped defend Ballonlea from attacks and then cheered for the town's victory, no matter how many losses they may have suffered. For some, she was a beacon of hope, a hero in her own right. Ruby had never been more proud.

[break][break]But then Necrozma came, fulfilling the first part of Calyrex's long-forgotten prophecy.

[break][break]Ruby fought hard, commanding her Pokémon and striking with her sword, but the Black Knight was relentless in its pursuit of light. It destroyed buildings in its wake, including the Craftsman Guild and part of the Pokémon Center. When it was finally driven away and the dust of battle had cleared, Ruby realized she'd lost track of Mathilda. She frantically searched the town, only to find her protégé and second sister lying on the ground, unmoving. Her weapon lay nearby, as if it had tumbled out of her hands in her last moments.

[break][break]Ruby screamed to the heavens. It didn't matter if this realm and its people were all a dream; the pain of losing someone so precious to her hurt all the same.

[break][break]"Mathilda!" a familiar voice cried. Mathilda's aged mother, alive by some miracle, ran over and collapsed at her daughter's side. She held Mathilda's body close and wailed.

[break][break]"You..." she managed between sobs. "This is your fault! Mathilda would be alive if she'd been with me! But you... you taught her to fight! And now...!" She was overcome by another sobbing fit before she could finish.

[break][break]Ruby didn't have it in her to argue. Not even Arachne's gentle chittering was comforting.

[break][break]The black metals that Necrozma left behind could be used to forge weapons imbued with Infinity Energy. Ruby went to and what remained of his blacksmiths to have a battle axe forged. It was quite the departure from the sword she'd been using for the past decade, but she needed more power.

[break][break]When it was complete, she immediately went outside to test it on the half-destroyed training dummies. Raging Fury burned away her grief and allowed her to channel fire into her new weapon. Everything felt raw inside and out, but Ruby still found herself grinning at her newfound power. She let herself rage until she was exhausted, leaving smoldering piles of debris in her wake.

[break][break]
yMe7D5g4

[attr="class","rubytag"]@goodbyegalar

[attr="class","rubynotes"]

notes.

• Oops, I accidentally 1,400+ words
  • Ruby silently sort-of thanks for her assistance
  • Eventually ends up becoming a big-sister/mentor figure to a child named Mathilda
  • Misses home
  • Swallows her pride and starts training under
  • Things are awkward with at first, but Mathilda helps build a bridge between them
  • Mathilda dies in Necrozma's attack
  • Ruby has a battle axe forged from the black metals, allowing her to use Raging Fury

[attr="class","rubypokes"]

[newclass=.ruby] width: 450px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby b] color: #7b6678; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby a] text-decoration: none; color: #7b6678; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #7b6678; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby i] color: #7b6678; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ruby u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #7b6678; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rubytag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rubytag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rubynotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rubynotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #7b6678; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rubynotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #7b6678; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rubyw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.ruby span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rubypokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #7b6678; padding: 5px; width: 440px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rubypokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 22:20:49 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Thankfully, with the power of the wind on their side—the noxious approaching army is dispelled—actually, frozen into grotesque shapes before being dispelled into the winds.

Before anything else, though, someone falling catches his eye and he swaps out Tornadus for his own Braviary, screaming as the avian rocketed skywards to hopefully catch the falling in time from becoming a pancake!

“We have to get back,” he remembered saying, hopeful and optimistic. “Back home, to where we belong.”

But… little did he know that this was not going to be the end of everything. Oh, hell no. in fact it was just the start of what felt like a neverending nightmare

Oh, how wrong he was to be that optimistic. That was a bad, bad, bad idea to look forward—to hopefully get this all wrapped up, and back where they really meant to be.

He’s not blind to the shock, or the utter anger, or the bubbling rage that simmers among everyone present in Hammerlocke.

Basically put, it’s an ‘oh shit, we’re fucked’ kind of situation.

(How was he going to apologize to his boyfriend partner now? He’d left in a huff, with just a singular note on the kitchen table…

And then, with a sinking feeling of dread, he belatedly realized he also left his phone and wallet with the note.)

One month later.

As a part-time lorekeeper, he wants to commit all of this information that the Calyrex delivered to memory. But the thing is, how can he—when he doesn’t have much in the way of paper? Why did he forget to bring that tiny little notebook with him now, of all times?!

Unless he found a way to wrangle or acquire some paper, then he wouldn’t remember most of this. Oh, shit. Instead, though… it was night, after night, after sleepless, restless night of trying to sleep but not being able to.

Why did they have that argument before he left? What if… what if that was the last time he would see the other man again? Were… were they going to die here? In this… in this little ‘reality’ where they were not supposed to exist?

Determined to keep the snide, cruel laughter that was ringing in the back of his mind at bay, he turned his attention to the crafting of a weapon. While not the same as the Avian Bow that he and had, it was a reasonable facsimile… even if it did come at the cost of him having to hunt down a piece of wood suitable enough for him to practice with, for the time being.

And yet, that feeling of anxiety never left him.

One year later.

How long had it been, now…? A year, or so?

He’d learned to go without haircuts, although some strange force possessed him to tie off a certain part of his lengthening hair… which for some reason was turning purple and not fully white. Was there something in the strange air of this strange place that was causing this?

And then, he realized—he’d actually made it to thirty. Thirty fucking years old. For someone like him, that was an achievement in and on itself. Now the question was, would he survive however else long they were stuck here?

To keep himself busy, he practiced the way of archery. Since close-quarters combat was a no-go for him (due to certain reasons) he’d decided to fully embrace being someone who rained down utter hell from the rear guard. Or from up in a tree.

(Damn, he missed climbing trees.)

Alongside the attacks, he would always come to the city’s defense, Tornadus making his timely appearances (and disappearances) when the poisoned hordes were about to strike.

He remembered one particular attack that year—how in the fuck could a g h o s t grow that big?! Where did that mouth lead to, the Underworld?!

Two years later.

By then there’s a rudimentary postal system established thanks to , and he immediately takes advantage of this, wrangling what pen and paper he could find to send out letters to as many people as he can plausibly think of that he’d seen before they were all warped away to their respective cities.

In each letter enclosed is a blue Braviary feather, an immediate tell to those who knew him that he was there, alive and well—

One to , and one to . Those were the familiar faces he remembered, however he wasn’t sure if it was possible to try and contact as well, because what if sending out too much mail at once got the letters lost?

He’d been getting countless proposal requests from the families within Hammerlocke with regards to his availability, however he would have to gently decline all of them—as best as possible, of course.

“I am humbled to be considered as a potential match for your daughter, however I will have to respectfully decline.”

Little did he know that those were the words that he would continue to fall back on in the years to come…

Three years later.

That time he’d tried to leave Hammerlocke to go in the direction of Spikemuth to confirm what the Calyrex had said previously… didn’t go too well. Who knew that traveling between cities was going to be hard, if not impossible?

(And yes, he’d tried to do it by air, however that didn’t end well either.)

Little by little, he doesn’t realize he’s shutting himself away from everyone else—always first to rise and be out at the archery training grounds, and last to turn in for the night.

It doesn’t sink in, until had checked in on him one of those nights. He didn’t care, he didn’t care, he didn’t—

“I don’t want to be useless,” he remembered himself telling his friend.

He needed to keep his hands busy, his mind distracted—for the snide voice in his thoughts was only getting louder with each passing day. Always a grim reminder of his failures, of why they were stuck here, of how his own inability to contribute to the general populace always hounded him.

He’d already settled on what his role would be the longer they stayed out here—a loner; stealing away in the night, sharp gaze always staring out beyond the walls; the one who sounded the first call for any invading noxious ‘creatures’.

However, when he was needed, he would always be at ’s side at a moment’s notice.

Five years. later.

By then he’d also gained the reputation for having turned down almost all of the families’ proposals at this point—yet they still kept trying to woo him!

What was up with them, did they not—oh, that’s right—he remembered what had happened when had gotten ‘married’, how taboo it was. Between a ‘king’ and a ‘commoner’, and adding that he was certain that the two were gay, to boot—

It only reminded him of the offer that had given him, which he’d immediately declined because he was loyal to only one.

To only one… but… what. What did. What did look like, again?

The dread from five years ago, him not bringing his wallet… (what even was a wallet at that point, they dealt with pouches of coins mostly these days) that had their pictures, still bubbled and festered in his mind.

‘You were such an idiot, you know? Leaving without a single word, and right in the middle of an argument, too! How rich of you! You’re going to be stuck here forever, and you haven’t—’

‘Shut up.’

‘What, upset that I speak the truth? Admit it, you’re going to be stuck here. You’re going to die here, without him, without—’

‘Didn’t I tell you to shut the fuck up? Stop wearing me down!’

‘Oh, so it’s working?’

‘What did I tell you?!’

He would spend nights tossing and turning, staring out into the inky darkness and trying not to listen to the harsh, cruel truth that the snide voice was repeating his way. The problem was that… what if it was all true?

There would come a certain time of the year, when he couldn’t sleep… why was that, though? What happened?

The time he couldn’t sleep, and was almost always awake, only stealing fleeting moments, for fear of being snuck up on and—

What was this fear, where was it coming from?!

Ten. years. later.

He’d lost track of time, honestly. Going day to day was of the utmost priority now, as well as honing his own skills at being a rearguard support.

That also meant his skills with the bow continued to improve—as long as he was careful.

Careful not to injure himself, because he was rather certain that nobody had a way to treat his condition. Just the thought of that made his stomach lurch… and then there was also the memory of , still there—although due to so much time passing, he can’t remember how exactly he looked—just the name, and some blurred recollections.

(Did he have long hair? Yes, the last time he saw him—he did. Oh, how little did he know how much the other man had changed. Was… was he even looking for him now? A decade missing? How did that even work?)

Something good came out of this, though—he’d finally received a crafted bow powerful enough to handle the Dragon Hammer arrows he’d been crafting.

Yet he knew he had to be careful because those arrows were finite. So he made many. As many as he could possibly make, in between the usual ‘raids’ and ‘attacks’ by those poisoned hordes.

_r2Mc8eB

why are you so optimistic you’ll be back home soon, Alex?
• time literally passes, however separation anxiety from his partner developed, and is rather deep by the time the tenth year arrived
• his weapon is a bow imbued with energy to fire off Dragon Hammer arrows
yes the separation anxiety is real
• ten years and he fancies himself as good as Hawkeye, maybe? Possibly?!
• +10 timeskip FC: Yuri Leclerc from FE3H

@tags up there as mentioned
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
chaotic stupid, i'll get used to feeling useless
awards
477 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2023 23:34:29 GMT
parker jones Avatar

the events leading up to this present can be read in
one flesh, one end

the poison creeps up around them. parker spends her nights awake, mostly, and when she can't, it's passed out beside nomi on the floor. despite her pleadings, it's rare she can drag the woman to bed. harder too, with one less hand. nomi is sure something is getting closer. 

the final battle. the final war. parker had given up hope a long time ago of returning. what would there be to return to? in here, she's free. beholden only to her beloved. 

sure, they can't walk outside the walls of circhester and monsters attack their city every few days, but you win some, you lose some, right?

with her good hand, she reaches for the ring around her neck. and then she reaches for her gauntlets. they're different, the pair, and the left one goes on first. nomi helps her get it on. but when she does, she grunts; a hiss whispers through her teeth as metal sinks into flesh. nerve endings suddenly become alive and she flexes her hand. puts the other one on. 

(grabs nomi by her waist with both arms and kisses her crow's feet and her nose and her mouth.)

and then the real work starts.

SWORD RAID - CIRCHESTER

crafted item: gauntlets with drain punch

thanks, nomi :3
07HcaO5N
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,120 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 0:51:48 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]

goodbye galar: sword

a pale queen & the passage of time.

the crown isn't as heavy as she expects.

it's light, fragile, make believe and real all at once. she touches it gingerly, nestled against messy pale hair. a makeshift crown for a makeshift queen... fitting, she decides with a small smile. definitely fitting.

and for a moment, it's refreshing and nice to have people believe in her. actually believe in her... isn't that just the craziest thing? here, she is not the crazed scientist that attacked primal crystals on a whim. she is not the result of her mistakes but rather, the culmination of her best traits. helpful and kind and a healer.

time passes as time always does and eventually, with each sand dropping into the bottom of the hourglass, the fragile image of a great queen shatters.

year one.

her and have royal duties to uphold.

they meet with the peasantry. they hold council. they discuss and discuss until her throat is dry and her mind numb.

and for a while, it works... playing the role of royalty works.

she feels herself forgetting what home looks like as the days pass. no more plush couches or fuzzy blankets. no steadily beeping laboratory equipment becoming a subliminal noise in the background as she works. no lingering in doorways, watching her with that affectionate look in his eyes.

it's just her and a crown and a man she barely knows at her side.

she smiles through it as all the best queens do. conceal, be strong, be helpful. she is more than just illeana reyes now. she is responsible for the people around her.

and heavy is the head that wears the crown.

year ten.

somehow, some way... one year bleeds into two and then five and before she knows it, ten years have passed.

and what does she have to show for it?

three kids and a displeasure for her situation. gone is the bright eyed, kind queen.

she has dissolved into spending hours into days locked away in the observatory. the stars have become the only council she seeks. among them, she looks for familiarity... for a sign, for something pink and faraway in another plane of existence not even close to here.

, bless his heart, tries to be there. it isn't enough for the woman who's made a prison out of her mind.

she asks for him to leave her be in the tenth year, for him to let her work in peace out of hopes that maybe, just maybe, she'll figure out a way to get home.

she doesn't, but it's all she can do now. otherwise... her mind will deteriorate and all the intelligence that got her this far will be nothing more than a distant memory.

and in reflections of a window, illuminated all different colors of the rainbow by plump glowing mushrooms, she looks different too. white hair has begun to give way to darker tones. she dresses in golds and whites, never silver, and the ornament atop her head looks more like the blade of a guillotine than a crown.

eventually, she abandons the stars for something of substance, something that will be of use.

she finds herself in the armory and there, she forges a black spear out of the black armor left behind by the dark knight. she laces it with curse, a call to her former roots, to the plethora of ghost types she had left behind in hoenn… what has become of them now?

and when all hope is lost, when dreams of returning home to the life she once knew are no more... she picks up that spear, beckons for mew to follow, and joins to defend their city as if it's the last thing she'll ever do.

KP8oFGql

tl;dr |
- crowned queen of ballonlea
- aareana rises
- ...then it falls
- makes a spear out of the black armor
- puts the move curse into her black spear
- joins to defend the city with mew at her side.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,493 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 1:39:58 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

THE FIRST MONTH [break][break]

Is brutal. There's barely any sleep for him, assisting where he could and skirting around the other Rocket's carefully. He tries not to get involved with the Rocket Royals, defecting his services and expertise to , and for the most part. He volunteers himself to go beyond the walls to scavenge for supplies or herbs to use in herbal remedies. When CALYREX comes by he is relieved only to feel himself growing colder as the sickly legend leaves and doesn't come back, leaving only a prophecy and the rest of them in uncertainty. [break][break]

Not only that. Paxton is unwell. Being on constant guard, not sleeping well, overworking. Two weeks go by and he feels antsy- like he needs to talk and there's no one to listen. It only gets worse and worse and worse. He needs to sleep, to eat, to stop thinking but he can't. [break][break]

So he throws himself into work. . . . He tried to reach out to the other cities. He needs to see them. [break][break]

THE FIRST YEAR [break][break]

The best they have is letters through bird or courier. But it's not good enough. Even with every rider that comes and goes, he's no satisfied with such slow means of communication. Clearly other's aren't either. He gets word that in CIRCHESTER and are attempting to build a radio tower. He joins in after receiving a packet of notes from his sister, refreshing simple circuits and mechanics buried by the sand of time. [break][break]

He focused it on that. It helps him stay calm, and in a way, helps him feel closer to his father. Paxton brings his finding to the circle of nobles of course, trying his best to help not just himself, but the whole city survive. Begrudgingly he works under the rule, eventually forgetting factional lines as he puts a higher priority on getting into contact with others reliably and assisting in training of their standing army, whatever they can manage to get anyway. [break][break]

Paxton works his mind and body, offering a chance to spar or train in the mornings. He sees often, begrudgingly offering her tutelage and eventually, gifting her proper boots and asking her to consider to retire the beloved EC crocs to slippers. The boots are practical, sturdy, but somehow when she unwraps them, shine bright. They must've been polished for hours. [break][break]

challenges him regularly and he takes him up on the offer, trading blows from fists first and then eventually blades, thanks to the peasantry. He works towards being a knight, taking the epithet: The Masked Knight :tm: [break][break]

On the way back from a scouting trip around the outside of the walls, he catches a glimpse of familiar blue hair, and a genuine smile. His heart nearly bursts when they lock eyes.[break][break]

THE FIRST TEN YEARS [break][break]

2 years and 8 months in, Paxton breaks. After dancing around a shade that looks just like him, sounds like him, looks at him the way once did, he breaks down. He lets the guard drop. He plunges face first into that escapism. With this dream within a dream with a man he had loved for over a decade. The work continues. His correspondence with and more frequent. He doesn't get to see her until year 3, when he visits to look over their circuits and he's comfortable leaving the city to his colleagues. Not because they're incompetent, but because Paxton is overwhelmingly anxious. Its this shade, this self-indulgent dream, that comforts and soothes his worries, holds him in his night terrors. He makes him feel like his old self- like Concord. One night, curled up together on the roof on a rare clear night, he asks this ghost of him to marry him. They say yes. And Paxton doesn't even think about questioning it. [break][break]

3 and half years in they adopt a child. Not very old. A little girl they name Athena. Paxton takes off for a paternity leave of sorts, enjoying his daughter's childhood and helping Luci rear her. Baldwin the Klefki is particularly found of her, and she is just as enamored by the little key demon. [break][break]

By year 5, Paxton has settled into a routine. Training in the morning, whether other recruits or sparring to sharpen his own skills. Hygiene, reporting with the other guard's captain's. Receiving his assignments form the Crown. Prepping to head out or otherwise delegating and working on the tower. Dinner. And then tend to his beloved family. Sometimes he gardens, growing whatever he can find that isn't corrupted to hell and back. But most days, he simply enjoys the strange peace and forgets his real life. Reality fades, buried by the sands of time again. [break][break]

Eventually that peace break. It's the 10th year, when he's decided Athena is ready to meet , their local gym leader. While initially thinking her a bit of an upstart, after this long, he considered the young woman adept in battling. He's confident she'd be a good mentor for his kid. But a burst of light and an explosion against the gym puts the entire city on high alert. Necrozma storms their city and Paxton just barely hands off his little girl before joining the fray, taking over what he can and barking orders as people scrambled to grab their weapons'. The nobility arrive, and he's grateful for the added support. Together, as a city state, they manage to repel the creature. But not without suffering significant loses. He rushes off to find her, before running with her in his arms straight home and crumbling against Luci, who grips them so tightly- how could he question is this was real? [break][break]

In the aftermath he does clean up and helps rebuild. As they sift through the wreckage they find the BLACK METALS and while he doesn't understand it, he accepts this new power gifted? accidentally delivered to them. He asks for a SWORD, and finds someone to help him imbue KING'S SHIELD into it, wishing to create a kind of all rounder weapon. [break][break]

icMkmoNN

[break][break]

+ @many taggus | SHRIEKINGGG and ready to get my shit rocked [break][break]

tl;dr

- they go a little stir crazy so they just become a workaholic [break]
- panic work and try to keep in contact with his office mainly [break]
- starts training sessions for people who want them every morning and it spirals [break]
- so paranoid he gets a nicknane after it aka the masked knight
- trains with thomas and elise, gifts elise her own PRACTICAL leather boots. [break]
- paxton volunteers to scout and forage outside the walls when he can [break]
- falls in love, reluctantly, with a shadow that looks like [break]
- married in his dream and they adopt a daughter named athena
- mail and work with aidan and eris to make a radio tower ( to mixed results )
- full assimilates into hammerlocke and has routine. lives peacefully with his little family
- after necorzma attacks makes a SWORD with KING'S SHIELD

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#098582;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 2:14:30 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin's incredibly reckless method of battle, while integral to their victory over the Venusaur, left her and her Flygon completely spent. Thankfully, hers and 's were the decisive ones, the colossal Venusaur falling before them. Even her SYGNA SUIT failed to hide the red and white marks on her body, particularly around her hips. She had become so in sync with her Flygon that her suit had become a biological extension of herself and her flying dragon. Every physical, mental, and spiritual sensation was shared between them.

That included the pain resulting from pushing themselves too far.

She and her Flygon spent the first several days of the attack's aftermath under care of those well-versed in healing, medicinal or magical. Both were able to recover in due time.

- The First Year -

It did not take long for Shalin to miss Hoenn, though she could eke out a similar lifestyle in Galar. When not needed exploring the DYNAMAX CAVERNS beneath the POWER SPOT or anywhere else she was needed to assist with gathering DYNITE ORE, she would put her survival skills to use, hunting and forging to keep the adventures well-nourished. It was crude, yes, but not something she wasn't used to.

By now, she had heard word of 's new legendary companion. She would periodically join her, the wild child at play with Miya as time permitted. She would also occasionally practice her riding technique in case she needed to make use of the most powerful sound burst the two of them could muster together. Gradually they pushed their physical limits, the town knowing when she was at it. While she did so far away from Ballonlea proper, there was no making the layered sonic explosions that came with each BOOMBURST. Particularly curious townsfolk would even observe her from time to time, wondering how she could have a bond with her Flygon so deep to withstand some of the fastest, most powerful vibration any Pokémon in the world was capable of.

It was a potent weapon the city would have against the invading dynamax Pokémon, and one that would prove essential to repelling them time and time again.

- The Tenth Year -

While with age came great wisdom, it also came with physical consequences. In the intense training she had undergone, its stressors were starting to show. As with the Venusaur, Shalin had been forced to ride her Flygon's wing during its Boomburst to muster enough power to repel the Necrozma from Ballonlea. Where she normally felt mere disorientation, for the first time, a strong pang of pain pounded at her hip as she slid off the humming appendage. Even her SYGNA SUIT failed to fully protect her.

As the Wildest Rider in Galar, for she had forgotten what Hoenn even was by now, Shalin had abused her body like few others had. Were her body to fail in the heat of battle, there would be no saving her. It pained her to have to think about letting go of her most powerful weapon.

With the loss of one opportunity came the opening of another, though.

In Necrozma's wake were shards of black metal. had discovered how malleable they were under the heat of a forge. She needed the capability to fight on her own, and her AVIAN BOW had not followed her into Galar. She would ask the knight to craft a replacement. Recalling what the ranged weapon looked like, she would requisition a facsimile of her old AVIAN BOW, complete with replicas of its green feathers. There was no replacing the AVIAN ARROWS, for and his TORNADUS were nowhere to be found to bless them. Instead of being wreathed in wind, they would seethe a blustering mist, their very tips as fast and as cold as the ICE SHARD of a Pokémon.

Sz_syTqm

- BALLOONLEA
- MONTH ONE: Shalin spends the first few days under medical care due to her Sygna Suit not fully protecting her from her Flygon's attack.

- YEAR ONE: Shalin prioritizes the following three tasks, in order:
1) Exploring the caverns and Power Spot to help with the discovery and extraction of Dynite Ore.
2) Hunting and foraging to help keep the village fed.
3) Practicing with her Flygon so the vibration doesn't overwhelm her in case she needs to ride the wing to amplify her Sygna Pokémon's sonic attacks again.
During downtime, Shalin plays with 's Galarian Zapdos.

- YEAR TEN: Shalin occasionally feels pangs of pain after riding during a Bug Buzz or Boomburst, whether on the wing or not. It is the consequence of her growing older.
- Shalin gets the village's aid, led by 's efforts, in crafting a BOW AND ICE SHARD ARROWS.

{WC: 638}
{PC: 6}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS 
                                  ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Shalin          Human             ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Flit            Yanmega           Good
Sandy           Flygon            Good
Queen Zing      Beedrill**        Good
Treble          Kommo-o           Good
Lathiel         Type: Null        Good
Levy            Milotic           Good
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,354 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 2:19:31 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

This post is a summary of the following thread: One Flesh, One End
[break]
THREE DAYS
[break]
At first, confusion.[break][break]
When the hard-won battle against Zapdos, the poisonous abominations, and the Gigantamax Kingler had ended, Nomi had expected the Calyrex to return them home. After all, had they not done what it had asked? Bolster the people, clear to toxin, defeat the onslaught?[break][break]
Next came denial.[break][break]
Surely there had to be a way out. But everything she tried was met with failure after failure: her scrutiny of the Calyrex's prophecy, the usage of her Unown, the power of Tera energy, her knowledge of Pokémon phenomena...none of it worked. No matter how hard she tried in those first three days, she could not find a way out.[break][break]
Finally, she resigned herself to working together with the others who had been trapped; slowly but surely, they began to rebuild the city of Circhester. Her scientific knowledge was like wizardry to the peasants. Every small innovation made a huge difference in their collective survival.[break][break]
Then came the guilt.[break][break]
She hadn't wanted to face at first, look into her troubled stormy eyes and see only fear and grief. After all, Parker was only there because of Nomi. If she hadn't been roped into being Nomi's bodyguard, she would be back in Hoenn, living a normal life. Nomi didn't even know what family Parker may have left behind, or what dreams she would now have to set aside. Nomi's selfish desires and involvement in Rocket as a Head Scientist had forced Parker into this terrible, uncertain fate.[break][break]
But then Parker came to her, willingly, and put her hand on Nomi's knee and squeezed reassuringly, promised she would stay by Nomi's side. Parker's face was inches from her face, smiling like she'd just won the lottery and Nomi was her prize. She certainly did not look like a disappointed, resentful woman trapped in some supernatural nightmare at the behest of a person she was unfortunately indebted to.[break][break]
And so, despite the fact that they were a billion miles away from home - literally, across time and space - with no clue what to do about it, Nomi decided to believe that things would be okay.[break][break]
ONE YEAR
[break]
They made the most of their new home. and , unexpected royalty, were good to the people, continued to raise morale. became a doctor. and protected the city from the skies. and manned the walls, in charge of the city watch, and raised the baby Zapdos that had chosen him. All of them found ways to be useful, ways to fit in, ways to endure.[break][break]
And through it all, Parker was her protector, her beloved, her hope, her everything. After six months of dancing around what had always been an obvious attraction, the two shared their first kiss at the Hero's Bath.[break][break]
And how sweet, how perfect, how indescribably blissful it was to have her world come crashing down, crumble into a thousand pieces impossible to mend, and to find that behind the shattering of her expectations she was loved, really truly wholly loved. How they laughed - and bickered - and held one another on the nights when things felt hardest. How they melted together as if intentionally molded to be the compliment of the other, their desire for one another as rich and deep and pure and unending as the baths where they'd first kissed.[break][break]
And through it all, Nomi made good on her promise: she never stopped trying to find a way home, even though a part of her could now feel grateful for this strange land, its strange people, and its strange gigantic Pokémon. Even though matters of Rocket and League were inconsequential now, but by returning home, there was always the risk that new allies would become old enemies again.[break][break]
"I love you," Nomi said one night, looking up from where she had been scribbling about infinity energy infusion - a new theory she was developing. Her eyes found Parker's and she blushed. "You know that, right?"[break][break]
Parker loved her too. And for Nomi, that was enough to keep going.[break][break]
TEN YEARS
[break]

As they aged, celebrated birthdays, attended funerals - the later an unfortunate side-effect of living through an ongoing war - Nomi continued to study the ways in which infinity energy could be harnessed inside of this version of Galar. If she could only infuse weapons and shields and other useful items with infinity energy, they might stand a better chance against the onslaughts of gigantic, poisoned Pokémon that continued to rage against them year after year. She had a prickling feeling in the back of her mind that the attacks were just the herald of some far more terrible foe.[break][break]
A forge was built at the lab, and with the help of the blacksmiths who'd already been present in Circhester, Nomi began to practice.[break][break]
She was right, of course. From the void came a terrible creature, alien and cruel, made entirely of jagged black crystal, its body so thickly armored it was nearly impenetrable: more asteroid than living organism. Its eyes were frenzied, unhinged, and everywhere it went, it swallowed up all of the light. It lusted after the Power Spot, but the people of Circhester defended it, afraid of what might happen should the Black Knight's rampage summon the Skeleton.[break][break]
Parker fought, and Nomi feared for her wife's life. Parker was one of the lucky ones: permanent nerve damage to an arm was a lot better than death. Eventually, Necrozma retreated and in the aftermath of the destruction, the loss, the grief, Nomi gathered up the discarded black crystals left behind by the violent creature, thinking they might be useful.[break][break]
They were unbelievably useful.[break][break]
Finally, after so many failed experiments, Nomi figured out how to permanently infuse infinity energy into physical objects: all she'd needed was the right material. Using the black crystals, Nomi forged many incredible swords, shields, and other items, giving each one a unique Pokémon ability. For Parker, she made gauntlets, and when she watched her wife put them on and use her injured arm for the first time in months it was like the sun coming out from behind a perpetually cloudy sky and lighting up every corner of the land with hope.[break][break]
For herself, she made a simple, elegant circlet. She had no use for a weapon or a shield. Necrozma would return. The Skeleton would come. She needed to provide her people with the best possible tactics, maneuver them towards survival. Finally find their way home.[break][break]
One morning, she put the circlet on, and saw a boulder in her mind's eye. Knew intuitively where it would be. She dragged Parker with her, and together they stared at it. Something was emerging. A familiar canine form...[break][break]
1Hz|fHEN

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]GOODBYE GALAR: RUSTED SWORD
[break]

NOTES

Nomi is wearing medieval clothing[break]
Nomi is in CIRCHESTER[break]
Nomi becomes Circhester's resident scientist and innovator, working together with the city's blacksmiths to forge weaponry and defensive items. She studies the DYNITE ORE, the Galarian Zapdos, and the power spot, recording all of her research. Parker writes silly little love notes in the margins of said research.[break]
Nomi and Parker become lovers and eventually get married.[break]
Nomi creates a CIRCLET OF FUTURE SIGHT for herself

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f798d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]