Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 17:00:29 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4

The latest installment in the franchise.

He leaned back onto his seat, smiling back at the professor as he tipped his head to her, conceding.

"Gotta agree. Far as these threats go, Rocket's ain't quite as dangerous." He said. "I'm worried about their self-destructive tendencies, really. I'm sure everyone recalls the Meteno incident— they'll use any efforts we make against external threats as a chance to make a power grab."

Even his half-assed memory recalled in horrifying, mind boggled detail the fact Team rocket actually chose to attack their machines during the Meteno incident, of all times.

He slapped his hands together, shrugging.

"But that's nothing new. Slamming the door to our dimension shut would neutralize— or at least put on hold, anyway— several of our current threats in one go... Sooo." He smiled at the rest of the table. "I wouldn't be too surly if any of y'all distinguished fellas voted on focusing resources on those efforts."

The viridian twang didn't sit quite right in his tongue anymore, but it still came out whenever he was being amicable. He was sure at some point his tongue would trip.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 20:43:57 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Due to certain shenanigans happening at the same approximate time when he’d heard fantastical tales of how people were stuck for twenty years in some kind of ‘alternate dimension’ Galar, he couldn’t help but notice the fact that…

After that thing that went down in April? Weren’t they more like sitting ducks now?

“I dunno about any of you,” he began quietly once was done speaking. “However we can’t ignore the fact that Rocket might be brewing some nasty stuff there to catch us by surprise while we’re all distracted over here.”

He pointed at Sootopolis’s location with this unreadable look on his face.

“Plus… fact of the matter here being that we may be behind on what they have an advantage over us now after what happened in April? They might have more tricks up their sleeves the longer they keep running around unsupervised.”

He then realized something else—what about all those trips into the Ultra Deep Sea?

“Plus has any of you completed like, quick trips into the heart of the Ultra Deep Sea? Did… did any of you encounter ghastly apparitions brought by the… by the place, or something?”

He hoped he wasn’t grasping at very short straws here.

Once he was done talking, he would return to his tall cup of brewed coffee.

• shit isn’t as it seems with him (iykyk)
• due to him only being present for Postdormitum, and helping bust out , his knowledge of Goodbye Galar is far less than what most everyone in the room had gone through (oops)
• just states that while everyone is trying to get the bigger problem under control, to not leave Team Rocket running around like they own the place
• also edgewise, trying to discuss some of the experiences with the ‘Extraction’ part of the event that recently opened to the League

@tag

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 20:53:15 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]"Celebrate?" He echoes back to , eyes widening a fraction. The newly minted Elite Four member steels himself almost immediatly afterwards, but something stirs deep in his gut. A memory, perhaps?
[break][break]
"Yeah, sure." His thoughts go back to his missing girlfriend, and all desire to celebrate go with it. He still keeps a peachy smile on, but it's overshadowed slightly by the apathy that's rooted itself deep. "Rain check for another day then?"
[break][break]
His attentions shifts naturally to her husband beside.
[break][break]
"It feels right." Less so than he expected, but life was full of little disappointments. "What about you guys? Hear you two are almost as new I am to this whole AQUA thing."
[break][break]
It was nice to see a measure of normalcy here before things kicked off. Which, they inevitably do.
[break][break]
Dahlia enters and, to his surprise, engages them in a slide-show. The affairs are rather mundane than he'd expected; dates, tours, and even some logistics. He blinks at these, eyes glossing over, before it shifts to greater areas of interest. A forum is presented, and voices take eagerly to it.
[break][break]
[break][break]
[break][break]

[break][break]
No one else moves immediately in response. Was it a political maneuver, or simply gathering their thoughts for a well-timed speech? He fills the void in the meantime.
[break][break]
"I've been exploring the SILENT ICELANDS during my free-time, but so far I've found nothing of note there. The place is massive, so I definitely could've missed something. I have a few more trips planned, so I'll update the group of any discoveries."
[break][break]
He lets his words settle, taking a deep breathe.
[break][break]
"That aside — the answer I think has to be Team Rocket. That's not to say that others aren't a threat—" he looks at , , and respectively, "—but how can we handle these other avenues when our backyard is in shambles?"
[break][break]
His gaze falls on to Sootopolis, jaw muscles flaring with a barely contained anger.
[break][break]
"They oppose us at every turn; they pushed us back during the latest incursion into the Deep Sea; they control their own city. It's a matter of time before they come breaking down the doors of the League Headquarters. If they get a hold of more of these Ruinious Pokemon, or the Heroes..."
[break][break]
The implication hangs on his lips.

[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

¤ Replies to and before the meeting kicks off[break]¤ Has zero experience in the mundane affairs of the League, glossing over them.[break]¤ Mentions exploring the Icelands a few times, but has found nothing.[break]¤ Considers Team Rocket to be the problem and wants to get their own affairs in-line before potentially fighting interdimensional overlords.
[break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #2a879e; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 21:53:08 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
appreciation flickers in pale gold as illeana welcomes her. the room continues to fill as the rest of hoenn's best and brightest walk through the doors. she gives a nod to , vague enough to encompass his partner as well. she's only had the pleasure of the latter's company in kyurem's realm. freya's glad to see her at the table. 

"not without its challenges," she says as her gaze slides over to . the last true gym leader of sootopolis' - she'd never forget her face.

's warm invitation is received with another smile, more casual than all the rest, but freya's disposition changes drastically when walks into the room. her expression softens, following the head scientist's movements as she crosses the room to...pluck a bagel from 's plate?

the familiarity between the two of them makes her lips twinge into an almost-frown, but the expression is quickly swallowed. eva settles beside her and freya hmms in acknowledgment of the compliment (is that the barest tint of pink on her cheeks?) and then murmurs lowly, "you two seem comfortable."

a dragon is a jealous creature.

pleasantries out of the way, she half-rises from her chair when enters the room. as information is shared with them, she wrings her hands restlessly under the table. 

her brows shoot up at fairburne's mention. her disappearance is a blow to the arms race between rocket and league in terms of avatarship, but...she glances at . it's another loss for him as well.

when the floor is opened, freya leans forward in her chair, but she holds her tongue long enough to let more tenured members speak first. until peters out, a dreary implication hanging in the air. 

"if i may," she starts with a nod to the elite four member, "as you all know, i've a vested interest in taking control of sootopolis back from rocket. i'm not the only one displaced by their takeover." her gaze lingers briefly on

"but a civil war is not something we can afford right now. even without otherworldly pressures, rocket has remained a blight for decades. while i believe acted in the best interest of the people of kanto, the peacemaker has left the region crippled. drastic measures, such as unseating their stronghold on sootopolis, would hinder us in the long run."

a breath. "i agree with that these rifts are our most pressing threat. we simply don't know enough about them. and what's that saying? know thy self, know thy enemy? we know rocket. we know what they want. we know what they'll do to achieve their goals." 

she scowls. "it gives them an edge. one they'll always have over us. until we dig into the root of the problem - sealing the cracks we allow these individuals to slip through to join their organization in the first place. but again, we don't have time."

the hologram continues to flicker through their topics of discussion. when the iceland emerges again, freya points. "last winter, i spent, well, what i think was a year, in kyurem's realm. knows this. knows this. that monster is nearly the size of a planet. it nearly broke through to our realm. and dialga? palkia? beings with the ability to manipulate time and space? to warp the very fabric of our reality? ensuring they cannot step through this world with ease, under the constraints of the dark triad, ought to be our priority."

she wishes, suddenly, for a glass of water. her hands return to her lap so that she may hide their shaking. a map of sootopolis flashes and she turns her head. 
AQUA ASSEMBLY
✦ pleasantries hidden under spoiler tag
✦ notable reactions: surprised at katherine, uncomfortable after watching eva, generally restless
✦ the remark made to eva is audible only to her
✦ can't afford civil war with rocket
✦ wants sootopolis back, but it's not worth it
✦ eva honey i support you but - touches on kanto's political infighting
✦ the rifts are the biggest threat
✦ shares her time w/ kyurem
✦ palkia and dialga and dark triad are scary business
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 22:17:19 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","olllies"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

"hey," the newest head ranger speaks up. "no need to throw stones. eva did her best."

[break][break] ollie had been unusually quiet for the first-half of the meeting, just soaking in all the different faces, but this was time for him to shine. discussion.

[break][break] "but i agree with freya and illie," he says of councilwoman and head scientist . he glances at his sister across the room where she sits before badgering on. "team rocket is important, but not the most important thing."

[break][break] "not everyone in team rocket is a problem — just look at all the rockets being reformed under the rangers. by which - " he says, glancing at his fellow rangers. "razz and i are working on reforming the program."

[break][break] especially with all the new turn-coats.

[break][break] his eyes shift over to , his eyes softening with sympathy. he knew that there were more reasons as to why the elite four wanted to dispose of rocket, especially when his girlfriend was still controlled by them. ollie felt just as frustrated as he did, but he couldn't erase the memory of that boy () he'd seen in the ultra deep sea. who'd simply fallen to sleep with an uttered apology.

[break][break] surely not all rockets were bad.

[break][break] "the rangers have explored the icelands too, and i'm planning a trip with captain to see if we can do anything about it. aside from finding anything in it, it continues to prove a problem for the local populace." who knew how many kids ran into the icelands, against the wills of their parents, and had gone missing? who knew how many people could get injured by the things found inside?

[break][break] "i'm worried about the public. about the civilians and pokemon that are being endangered by the rifts."

[break][break] ollie didn't pretend to know anything about interdimensional travel or the drk triad or anything else that was above his paygrade. but he did know that there was a pressing concern if they didn't figure out a solution soon.

[break][break] his gaze shifts towards his good friend .

[break][break] "and the interdream mist."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] + ollie agrees with and that the rifts are the main problem

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-heartbeat"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@aqua-assembly

[attr="class","milkhcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".olllies"]--accent:#FFB24D;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .postbody img"] float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin: 5px 21px 11px 1px; height:90px; width:90px; filter:grayscale(0%); transition:0.5s all; } .luck .postbody img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:0px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody .ooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkhcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkhcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkhcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2023 23:18:25 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4

The latest installment in the franchise.

There's a moment of silence left in the wake of Ollie's words. Perhaps some were reconsidering their own viewpoints deeply. Perhaps they were preparing their counterarguments.

In Doug's case, he was weighting the pros and cons of replying honestly. He was fairly sure if he didn't say it, someone else would... he hoped so, anyway.

Ultimately, he decided to go with it— first turning his gaze over to and .

"Would those efforts prevent us from simultaneously pursuing other avenues of action?" He asked. "I'm no scientist—"

No shit.

"So correct me if I'm wrong. From my point of view, any efforts to ensure our dimensions' stability would start at your labs. No?" He asked, lightly tipping his head. "Not something most of us present would be able to assist you with all that much— at least not until a breakthrough has been made and a concrete plan of action has been developed. Is that incorrect?"

Finally, he slowly turned his gaze over to , pursing his lips, briefly reconsidering whether he should say anything.

"... This is not about individual rockets, Head Ranger. This is about Rocket as an organization." Doug said after a moment, steepling his hands together and letting his lips set into a fine line. "If they fall in line and impede efforts to stop a meteor from killing us all when ordered to, their personal character becomes mostly irrelevant."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,121 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 0:03:26 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]gratitude drips from her smile, little beads of honey falling to the floor. , , and . each one's point proves more valid than the next.

and while and make valid stances, she looks to needle each idea until they crumble.

"our backyard is - frankly - of little consequence when we're talking our entire dimension's fragility."

her eyes narrow and idly, a hand rises to wave toward 's position at the table.

"the champion and myself have seen the state of the universe around us after experimenting with a portal. ultra space is decaying, hoenn grows more unstable by the hour as these rifts continue to tear into our reality, and you think team rocket should be placed higher than such a disaster?"

there are too many possibilities - they all end in death.

"this is not something we can simply ignore. the consequence of turning a blind eye to the universe's state is too high of a price to pay."

her attention turns to , , and . their support, alone, has earned a small smile.

"we have an obligation to the people of this region to give them their best chance at survival. eliminating team rocket does not ensure that when interdimensional threats far outweigh rocket's current position."

to doug's question, specifically, she dips her toes into a thought she has been toying with - the way a cat would a mouse, batting it around until she's satisfied.

"after reports from lesser megalopolis have reached the league's science department, i have been considering the possibility of exploring the technology there."

she pauses, stalling in uncertainty, before continuing.

"if we reverse the polarity of their technology and use ultra beasts as a power source, there is a high chance of being able to repair the rifts until they are no longer a threat. that is, of course, if we're able to procure enough scrap from their destroyed machines to use."

it's a long shot - one she isn't certain of. it shows, bleeding through cracks of a professional façade.

"regardless of technology, however, i believe ultra beasts and resources found in these rifts will be our best chance to close the dimensional wounds of our region. the spatial beings we know of, hoopa and palkia, will not be of aid here."

a different song and dance... has she grown? or is it simply a dying hope burning through her chest?

aqua assembly.

tl;dr |

- science rules!
- argues against a rocket focus
- mentions her possible plan to close the rifts :peepobigsmile:

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 19:45:32 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Chatter fluttered in the room as relationships both new and old sprung to life. Normally one to engage, Penelope's eyes flitted off the familiar faces; some who still warmed her chest, and others, whose clipped gazes were cautiously avoided. It was a buffet of decisions.
[Break][break]
And what was her choice?
[Break][break]
To return to her folder and skim the cream pages that were kept tucked inside.
[Break][break]
Eventually, the commissioner made her arrival, to which a bellowing silence followed. It was time for their meeting to start.
[Break][break]
If someone were to ask her a year ago what was the more pressing matter, rocket or these dimensional rifts, the reporter would simply point to the devastating stacks of lives inflicted by former. When you're at the top, it can feel so easy to dismiss the everyday problems of the people down below. 'there are more important matters to focus on,' was the common reasoning behind it. 'tell that to the families suffering because of team rocket,' she would reply, 'lives are being lost now. not in the hypothetical future.'
[Break][break]
The councilwoman's thumb gave her ballpoint pen a few rapid clicks, all while thoughts consumed her. Things were different not. Namely, she was different now.
[Break][break]
"Rocket is a certainty with a swift path to action. Your plan, , is a hypothetical."
[Break][break]
Amber eyes pierced through the table, drawing at the head scientist. A green spark crackled through them.
[Break][break]
"I see no issues in determining the rifts the most pressing issue, but as pointed out, would that not be an issue for our science department to dive into? At least until there is more certainty behind the proposed plan of action?"
[Break][break]
Confidence, conviction -- lately, penelope felt droughted of both. it was a skill she could never master, as one knock of uncertainty would always ripple into indecision far beyond measure.
[Break][break]
"you aren't capable but i am. you aren't ready and willing but i am. i am."
[Break][break]
The words crashed against her mind, and as a result, her gaze drifted to a familiar flame, burning with the same ENVY that once drew them together.
[Break][break]

penelope can manifest and intensify feelings of ENVY in others by being near or deploying a HYPNOTIC STARE, able to cause the effected to negatively project onto others, stir feelings of doubt and envy, etc. this power lessens the further her proximity from her target.
[Break][break]
Current target: Matias
[Break][break]
Note: this was requested by the roleplayer and done subconsciously by Penelope.

[Break][break]
"While I have no qualms with stabilizing the region from rocket, if we're going to look to maintain our own backyard, rocket itself might be a bit short-sighted. Especially given how we've been made aware of a hostile realm that holds every means of retaliation for killing their king."
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] +1 vote to temple[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 20:44:17 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]

Conversation flows around her with the ease of a gentle river. Abrupt riptides of conflicting opinions lick at the shores of her nonchalance. She's lost the thread somewhere after the whole polarising technology thing anyway - whatever that meant.

'Here we go, buckle up,' is sent in a glance towards .

Bits and pieces manage to snag her attention. Most theoretical talk goes straight over her head.

Skyler bites into the Pecha Berry, wipes the juice with the back of her hand. It is, she concludes, a suitable enough substitute for popcorn.

"Rockets are fucktards," come the captain's wise words around a bite of Pecha Berry. "Can't speak for the whole universe undoing thing - or the rifts." She casually motions towards and with her berry in hand, "I'll leave that for the scientists to figure out. Can't really get into a fistfight with a black hole, can I?"

Knowing her, it wouldn't be entirely out of the realm of possiblity.

Another bite, some thoughtful chewing.

"Now Rocket, that's another business. Them and those Megalopolans they've allied themselves with. Nautica is at the League's disposal. Lots of ocean surrounding a teeny tiny island."

The discussion, she knows, would expand far beyond the scope of any opinion she might have. So she leaves it be for now and allows the chips to fall where they may.

"Oh, yeah! Sea Hoenn." Skyler leans precariously back on her chair, halts, catches 's eyes. "Their queen is a version of me. One who shares the same patron that I do.  More powerful too, but-"

Her gaze is whetted sharp against an edge of violence.

"-there's gotta be something we can do about that, wouldn't you agree?"

- where's the popcorn when you need it?
- yes hello, this is an announcement: rockets are fucktards
- thinks priority should be given to rocket, megalopolans, sea hoenn
- rifts and that nonsense? scientists will take of it
[newclass=.skyler] [/newclass][newclass=.skyler b] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler i] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler a] text-transform:uppercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,253 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 21:23:39 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Melodypog3"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Melodypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-subtitle"]
If it’s war that you want then you got it. If it’s pain well I brought what you need.

[attr="class","Melodypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-icon"]

"Preach" she replies when , the queen, mentioned that rocket was a bunch of fucktards. [break][break]

"But as much as I despise them, we can at least take rocket on in terms of equal footing. Kyurem is the size of a planet, and quite frankly the most terrifying thing I've seen in my life. He incapacitated Rayquaza and almost permanently mutilated it, probably killed moltres, and froze an entire section of hoenn that's still frozen to this day despite the efforts of myself, Kyle and several others trying to thaw the ice." [break][break]

She pauses as she looks over at Eva and nods as thankfully it was her efforts that saved the green deity of the sky from becoming a popsicle. " at least with Sea hoenn, we've fended them off and have an idea of how to fight them. We fought them on home turf and managed to at least escape with minor losses. We tried to make peace with Sea hoenn, and well, it wasn't exactly that productive since there was a lot of friction between us and them." she says letting the comment hang in the air for a moment.[break][break]

"I do think we could handle rocket in a timely matter if we focused our attention on them, Maybe even sea hoenn. But to say that they're the most immediate threat is not true in my opinion. Kyurem could kill us all easily with the snap of it's fingers if it were to return. Who even knows what happen to Hoopa? That's the only thing I've heard that was able to hold it back and even if we restore the dimensions, Kyurem clawed it's way from it's home world to ours, it's gonna come back and we need to have something to stop it." [break][break]

"I had hoped our explorations in the other worlds could provide us with answers but..I don't think that's the case."

[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Agrees rocket would be the easiest to handle first however Kyurem it the current biggest threat.
[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Melodypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Melodypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Melodypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Melodypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Melodypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#e1716b;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Melodypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Melodypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Melodypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Melodypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Melodypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#e1716b!important; }.Melodypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Melodypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Melodypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Melodypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Melodypog3-post i { color:#72b4ff; }.Melodypog3-post b { color:#e1716b;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Melodypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Melodypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Melodypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#e1716b;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#e1716b!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,121 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 1:42:21 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her smile is a little sugary when it turns on - just enough to feel nauseating, like too many sweets in a short timespan.

"sea hoenn's survival was also a hypothetical at first until the end of mt. pyre's events - wouldn't you agree, councilwoman?"

another instance she had advocated for, in fact. back then, she had only been heard as sound of mind by the addition of multiple witnesses. now... she only has her mind as sole corroborator.

"half of these enemies will use weak points in our region's dimensional structure to strike, as well. though, i am glad to hear you agree sea hoenn poses a tangible threat. and myself can investigate further into remedies for a solidified basis of approach."

the same way the megalopolans did - sea hoenn will look to do the same... if they haven't already, that is.

she catches 's eyes, then, and holds them. there's a small, blooming likeness - as if violence recognizes violence and festers in spaces between.

"absolutely."

slowly, a genuine smile spreads. it's dangerous, sparking at the edges.

"sea hoennians share their queen's strength, likely siphoned from their kyogre's primal energy. the weapons they use have shown to focus this power, but if we could understand your bond with our universe's kyogre better, perhaps we can figure out a way to negate theirs."

her arms fold delicately over her chest.

"without their main source of power, they wouldn't stand much of a chance."

much in the way circuitry is useless without a battery, sea hoennians are likely no different.

her eyes shift toward as she speaks. a scoff is barely hidden at the mention of minor losses and faintly, her back itches with a newfound vengeance. she does not indulge in the sensation, however, and focuses on the rest of the explanation.

"kyurem does pose a threat, but we do not know much of its motives or whereabouts. hoopa's involvement in its removal from our dimension does concern me, though i do not believe it is enough to warrant us turning all of our focus onto something we cannot track or stop at this point in time. we are likely sitting ducks unless we shut it out of this dimension to buy ourselves more time."

aqua assembly.

tl;dr |

- science rules!
- reminds most of the threats will strike thru weak points in hoenn's dimension
- let's take on the sea queen, skyler!
- gives info on sea hoenn
- gives kyurem some thought but still prioritizes sea hoenn & dimensional stability for additional time against kyurem

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,751 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 3:42:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4

EVENT

“LIVY IS CORRECT,” should be a phrase the council woman is familiar with. fernando is the first, if not staunchest, advocate for his fellow council member. after all, what better way to twist her word than to have her commit to them early. upright and in front of all.

reyes’ conjecture relies on several matters, while promising, are not definitive. an endeavor the science department will continue to investigate into.

his pen jolts a hastily scribbled word onto his notepad.

however, in that same vein, endeavors involving sea!hoenn, kyruem, and the DRK TRIAD are all conjectural too, no? threats that we are aware of but have no way of actively tracking or reliably interacting with.

short strokes stop on that note.

but, since we some of us factoring impact rather than actionability, would the ORIGIN POINT not take precedence?

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

• fernando agrees with penelope
  • but penelope's point is valid against other suggestions
  • opens up the discussion with bait

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 14:18:24 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan listens through the myriad opinions as to what should be done.

"I agree the most actionable course we can do is to target Team Rocket." Callan runs his index against his cheek, "We had a plan to strike at the organization. How far along are we to its completion?"

AQUA

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 17:08:28 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
everything is the wrong answer in their reality. nothing and everything makes sense, and the need to prioritize comes from the fact that everything needs to be.

"realistically, it has to be clued in by passerby analytics mentioning 'canon events'. every time they publish something, they tease something that was about to come next."

kyle starts answering the question with disregard to the current topic. this was his personal answer after all, and none of it connected with the current discourse.

"if you're talking about 'right now', that's my answer. of course, there's more pressing matters to face beyond that."

he abstains on commenting on the rest until the conversation condenses itself to more palatable portions. kyle is hoping that his idea wouldn't be dragged as a topic, and that dahlia accepts the short answer of the quiet student as a succinct one.

tl;dr
  • gets technical and predicts the next national disaster
  • goes for canon events as his answer and blames it on passerby analytics
  • hopes he doesn't get dragged

@tags

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,125 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 17:10:19 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

things are fine for most of it. he looks around and sees familiar faces, registering them as allies more than anything else. they are all gathered under the same roof to discuss the best plan of action to reach a shared goal. this is what feels normal.[break][break]

but doubt starts to creep in. it starts off slowly, with a fleeting thought as he listens to speak her thoughts, about how nice it must be to be able to devote her life to the hypothetical.[break][break]

then it shifts to , his naivety, and his tendency to see the good in people. how odd that a man from a war-torn region would say that the very same organization that took his home isn't the most important thing right now.[break][break]

and when it finally lands on , everything shifts. no longer does he see allies surrounding him. no, he sees the privileged so spoiled that they can't seem to see what is right in front of them.[break][break]

the feeling fades when he looks at but his gaze does not linger for long. he can still hear the champion's "i'm sorry." no good came from that nor will it from this meeting.[break][break]

ENVY pushes and pushes and he makes no effort to fight it. instead, he embraces it.[break][break]

"while we all sit here twiddling our thumbs, people are suffering—people are dying—they have been for decades, right, councilwoman?" he doesn't even look at her. "how many more families have to suffer while we do nothing because a civil war is not something we can afford right now or rocket is lower than our other adversaries or not everyone in team rocket is a problem. tch. fucking wake up!"[break][break]

glances turn to a glare as he sets his eyes on .[break][break]

"but i guess your hesitance makes sense. aren't you romantically involved with a known rocket operative? a turncoat and war criminal, right?"[break][break]

then back at the group.[break][break]

"how can we deal with all these other threats when we can't even deal with rocket? we're pathetic, honestly."[break][break]

[break]
- sits next to #mycommissioner[break]
- rocket is the biggest threat POGGIES

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]