6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 17:20:50 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
a ball from his holster shakes. kyle subtly slides his finger to his side, pressing the release for the pokeball and taking the solgaleo out of its confinement.

its attention was towards . kyle sighs and waves the back of his hand towards the solgaleo, giving it permission to unleash its cosmic power.

All AVATAR powers in the vicinity are voided until COSMIC POWER is stopped.

"oi," he calls out to . "chill."

he didn't want to deal with things, but everything had to be stirred with chi-yu's influence over finding the perfect target out of the table. he supposed he can't fault her since he remembers having no control over his at one point as well.

"you can make that point without making it personal. let's not get distracted from the main points, m'kay?"

tl;dr
  • cosmic power stops avatar powers
  • tries to diffuse

@tags

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 22:58:39 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelotag"]
[attr="class","angelomain"] ’s glance is met with a subtle, amused wink in response. An 'enjoy the show' that they both knew was coming. 

Angelo casually wiping his fingers off on his jacket sleeve, sticky from the hondew berry cube he’d just smuggled to Salem, sat with .

Well, if closing the rifts can kill two birds with one stone, then that sounds like it makes sense to prioritise. We’ve got enough pests crawling around the place without Sea Hoenn and Kyurem inviting themselves in, too.

Personally, Angelo quite enjoyed the plunder that came from beyond the rifts so wished to cut them off from. However The Calamity Latios had warned him of may very well come from an alternative dimension.

He'd be willing to abandon his resources in The Wilds, if it meant keeping his life.

But if we ignore Team Rocket they won't hesitate to screw us over while our backs are turned, and then they will be of consequence to whatever plan you cook up. They'll stick their noses in, can guarantee that much after the whole meteor business.” Angelo’s eyes rest on Illeana, he’d known a long time of her resolve to stitch the dimensional tears back together. She wasn't going to change her mind, he bet.

So, instead, he turns his attention to the newest councilwoman, . Leaning forward, his voice is smooth, confident and just the slightest sweet like honeyed whiskey. Tossing forward a proposal, ever hungry for a Nautica deal.

Even if we're not ready to take back Sootopolis yet, we should put more pressure on Rocket. Keep 'em busy until we are. Like Sky said, Nautica is more than equipped to help with that, if you're interested in discussing ideas together sometime.

Reclining, with one elbow propped against the backrest of his chair, Angelo takes a sip of coffee and drawls his next words as if asking the table's opinion on the underwhelming taste.   

By the way, anyone else's legendary warned them of an incoming calamity lately?

agrees that closing the rifts should probably be the league's focus, but disagreeing about not focusing on rocket. proposing plans. also a calamity warning?? 
[attr="class","angelopoke"]
[newclass=.angelo] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.angelomain] margin: 0 auto;width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass] [newclass=.angelotag a] color:#272727!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.angelotag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelopoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 2:38:20 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]

Dahlia opens with the most pressing question; and also the most likely to foster dispute amongst the strong-willed patrons present. Eva sinks back in her seat and chooses to listen while finishing @sliph’s half of a bagel.

Emerald eyes dart back and forth between the speakers. There’s no order, no rhyme or reason, just reaction. Eva had come prepared with data and facts, but emotions always seem to overpower the obvious. A knot catches in her throat that she is forced to swallow past when her name is invoked in regards to Kanto. Her gaze lingers on for a touch longer than it should before snapping towards and his defense of her name.

It is true though. She left them crippled. Kanto was a region that underestimated Rocket at every turn instead of acting on the subtle warnings and red flags that sprouted throughout the region. Her hands rubbed together, dusting off the crumbs like stale guilt onto the napkin in front of her.

If she didn’t leave them, she’d be dead. And that did no one any good, now did it?

Tension rises like a king tide, a heat beneath their feet. Something stirs in her chest: a recognition. Fear. it threatens to tear them all apart. Volatile, like the avatar that erupted beside their Commissioner.

“ENOUGH!” she stands, her voice drops an octave, carried by the pressure weighing heavy on all their shoulders, “No one is arguing these are not all legitimate threats that need to be addressed,” the tension in her posture fades as she glances around the table, “None of these threats can be ignored. I fear they all are imminent,” her hands wave as she speaks, counting off the aforementioned threats, “Rocket, the DRK Triad, Kyurem, Sea!Hoenn, The Ruinous Beasts, the list grows every day,” eventually her gaze traces its way back to , “Anomalies,” her voice trails off for a breath, “All of these things coalesce into sick, twisted, RUINOUS beast that chips away at us with each breath. The Origin Point.”

“How do we decide where to allocate our resources? That is an important question. That is where we fail time and time again. I don’t have the right answer, none of us do, but we must be smart. Rocket will always work to undo what we try to build. There’s no use building a house of cards if someone is just going to remove the single piece that keeps it all up. We must secure our dimensional borders to protect our people from external threats and also limit those that Rocket can ally with. The Megalopolans are no doubt working with Rocket to establish a more secure connection so they may travel freely between here and Ultra Space. Rocket can not be underestimated - that was Kanto’s biggest mistake.”

Her shoulders pull back, fighting the weight of the guilt brought on by a past that she can’t escape from, “I propose we address all of these,” it’s a bold move spreading resources thin but if all of these threats happen at once, they are doomed, “Work smart, not hard. Put the people best suited for the tasks in their positions: Task forces that can focus on their sole threats to best understand them and map out strategies to overcome them,” despite the knot threatening to bring up the bagel she just enjoyed, she keeps an air of confidence and she continues.

“There are threats bigger than our dispute with Rocket,” she glances at , “Something that has Rayquaza restless - more so than they’ve been in eons. Perhaps it’s time to make sure Rocket recognizes that . . . Hoenn may need all of us to defend her,” she breathes out a long sigh. She can’t even believe she’s about to say this, “I suggest we convene with Rocket to ensure they understand what threatens all of us and win their allegiance over the Megalopolans. Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. Peace. Unity. A threat temporarily silenced to give us the safe space we need to prepare accordingly. Resource sharing, I'm sure they have their own data on these anomalies. It won't be an alliance forever, but it would help Hoenn," She prepares for the backlash.

@aquapt4

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 5:00:36 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Conversation continued to flourish, mainly from those wishing to play the hero. The martyr meant to be followed and worshipped.
[break][break]

Just thinking of the sentiment was enough to throw Penelope's stomach into a tantrum. It flipped in on itself, vicious in all the wrong ways. The ENVY might no longer be directed on others, but Chi-yu's imprisonment of the mind still very well held an effect over her.
[break][break]

But it wouldn't be fair to reserve the blame on Chi-yu alone.
[break][break]

Her tongue lashed against the back of her teeth, glazing them two times over. Gaze locked onto , the councilwoman marked her response.[break][break]

"If we follow that logic, we'd be running down every one of your ambitious rabbit holes. And where would that lead us? "
[break][break]

She offered no more than a beat's worth of pause before continuing, a shrug rolling off her shoulders.
[break][break]

"Maybe with more than just Sea Hoenn targeting us for meddling with rifts and killing their men."
[break][break]

Then, her gaze fell to . [break][break]

One might think, like poison, enough doses of his natural parries and hanging baits would allow some form of immunity to kick into effect. But no. He had a knack for being absolutely nauseating, in all the worst ways, at all the worst times.
[break][break]

"Is that your own personal suggestion or another one of your hypotheticals?"
[break][break]

then began to speak, and against her better judgement, another breath is wasted, another heartbeat is forwent.
[break][break]

He deserved neither.
[break][break]

"I'm surprised you hold such a strong stance against rocket, Matias. I mean, given your close relationship to their underboss," mimicking 's flair, the councilwoman donned herself a similarly saccharine smile. "Which, speaking of, don't forget to report the contents of those secret rendezvous you two shared. Wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to get another clue."
[break][break]

Before she could continue, the champion threw in his lot, followed by the second head scientist, whose words very much mirrored the contents of her sister's. Annoying. Neither held enough pull to soften the path she'd already taken. [break][break]

"With all due respect, Eva," Penelope's eyes shifted across the table, darkened in the shadow of the peacekeeper's radiance; a single star can only do much against the sun's orbit. But like hell it would ever stop trying. "it's that sort of naivety that would allow our enemies to uproot us completely. We don't have the resources to tackle every one of these issues thoroughly; if we did, what would be the point of this conversation?"
[break][break]
Another pause was given, more for herself than for anyone else.
[break][break]

"Not to mention the fact that if METENO wasn't enough to convince Rocket, why should we believe this time will be different? It's a foolish game to expect empathy from an organization rooted in mutual egocentrism."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] @charname [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 6:16:24 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

patience is a virtue. after her remarks are made and the conversation glosses to more talking points, freya slips out from between and to get herself a cup of water. crowded around the table as they are, she grazes eva's arm as she goes, fingers lingering in an apology of her own, in case she takes freya's words as the stones claims they are. 

discussion continues around the table. voices are calm, but passionate - until speaks. her hand, grasping a glass pitcher of water, pauses. the water warbles. condensation drips down the sides. 

she'd been expecting this. especially the intensity, though it is shocking just how uncouth he is surrounded by his well-adjusted peers. she draws in a breath through her nose and turns, smiling warmly at her accuser. 

"we're not twiddling our thumbs, matias. most of us here are having an important discussion about the safety of our region."

she takes a sip of her water and sets it down in front of her, making room while matias spews his vitriol. she had spent some time wondering after the inevitable and how he might bring it up - honestly, she'd hoped she would be making more headway with 's pardon before he had an opportunity to use this against her. 

but his defense, when it's ready, will be presented to level-headed colleagues and she'll have what matias does not: facts on her side. testimonials and witnesses. 

the sudden appearance of the solgaleo in the room startles her, but 's reasoning is sound. the corner of her lip twitches; a smug grin in king's own likeness is quelled before it can properly surface as matias is hushed like a misbehaving dog. 

and then accused of a far worse entanglement by their own

is this what they're going to squabble over? who has more skeletons in their closets? freya would rather they upend all their bones and pick them apart right here on the table, but they don't have years to glimpse each other's lives, to make sense of their (in)decisions. 

pride rushes through freya as commands the table. she echoes sentiments felt after those twenty long years. are they buried for her still? is she simply guided by glimpses? wayward souls stranded in a time and place not their own, bound together by a common enemy. 

"we did it once before," freya says quietly. "for those of you who remember galar.

"councilwoman livy, you say we don't have enough resources on our own to spread ourselves so thin? i believe most of us are in agreement there. so, actionably speaking, what suggestions do we have to bolster ourselves to cover enough ground? other than allying ourselves with team rocket."
 her gaze shifts over all those present, waiting. 
AQUA
turncoat who?
remember galar :sadge:
acknowledges we don't have enough resources to do everything.
asks for suggestions/solutions
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 7:52:32 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
[attr="class","skyler"]

Skyler is more than happy to sit back amidst the bickering. That is, until  speaks.

"Win over the alliance with the Megalopolans..." Something ugly and vicious pushes its way to the surface. Beneath the table, her grip is white-knuckled. "I'd rather strip Hoenn to its bones. I'd rather it falls, and us with it."

There are no concessions made for any other option. Not in the flinty coldness of her gaze, as it pins down. 

- uh oh, skyler disapproves
[newclass=.skyler] [/newclass][newclass=.skyler b] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler i] color: #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #6592a0; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.skyler a] text-transform:uppercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 12:53:02 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4

The latest installment in the franchise.

"No." Doug said bluntly at 's whisper, gaze far off. "Rocket wasn't there, and neither was the league."

Hoenn and its baggage had stopped mattering the moment they had been swallowed into the sword and shield.

"We don't have 20 years to make friends."

He stared at the table in silence for a brief moment, before raising a steel gaze.

"I respect the Professor Morales greatly—" He said softly, his eyes slowly moving to . "But I'll oppose any alliances with rocket to my last breath."

METENO had been mentioned at least 4 times now, for good reason.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 16:58:36 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelotag"]
[attr="class","angelomain"]There’s something pointed in the way looks at him but other than a quirk of an unamused brow, Angelo regards her outburst coolly.

That shred of willingness to hear the professor out however, wanes and withers at her suggestion.

He can feel the fury bristling from the ship captain at his side, avatar senses awake or not.

Rocket knew exactly who the Megalopolans are and what they've done to this region, and still allied with them to sabotage the meteno plan over Hoenn's survival.” Lips part, voice level and cuttingly chill. “There’s nothing there for you to make peace with, Eva. Rocket made their choice.

Just the slightest, as blue meets emerald, Angelo’s tone smooths out. Reasoning.

We can only trust them and the Megalopolans to take advantage of whatever Rayquaza and Latios are trying to warn us about. We can’t leave either of them unchecked.

boo aliens. boo rocket.
[attr="class","angelopoke"]
[newclass=.angelo] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.angelomain] margin: 0 auto;width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass] [newclass=.angelotag a] color:#272727!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.angelotag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelopoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 1:55:25 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzbqimg"]

[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","setting"]

"Just because we have ex-Rockets within our program doesn't mean they're not a problem, like others here our citizens have lost their homes and lives to them," Razz reminds , as much as he'll vouch for the Rockets who clearly don't belong and want a path out he will not defend the majority who would destroy a city without much care. Its the only time he really speaks before most the others seem to go on about seeing what could be done about closing gates which to him seemed logical but for the time being there wasn't much to go about doing so. [break][break]

Though his good eye narrows toward both and when such accusations come to light. Though its what seems to suggest that worries him most. "I am in agreeance with , we saw their colors in trying to subdue our plan with the meteor, a plan you'd think they would be on our side on to try and save their own skin as well but they rather have risked it all for their own gain." What that gain was he wasn't sure but he knows it couldn't have been good. "As much as I would like to close the portals to the other dimensions it seems like something only our scientist could really figure out while we can have our companies help with the resources[break][break]

And while some of us have aligned ourselves with Rocket during Galar those were essentially subs without a mother willing to do what they could for survival, but now that they're back where they can get orders from Walsh again well..."
he shrugs thinking its obvious on where he was on how much they could trust Rocket.

[break][break]
[attr="class","oocnotes"]

+ @ aqua
[break]+ Sees Rocket as the greater evil only because unless the science peeps know what to do about the portals best to try and keep rocket down Sygna Suit
[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.razzbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#387bc9; --bgimg:url(https://imgur.com/XleOo7A.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg a]color:de4354;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:center;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzbqimg .header]text-align:right;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 3:56:23 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan moves to use the bathroom as they bicker. Callan catches 's use of a Pokeball as it registers in his chamber, and hurries back out to see that the situation has gotten more intense.

He returns to his seat with a cup of coffee before sitting down and catching the tea flying everywhere at the table. He whistles audibly as everyone fires off.

"I would not hasten to believe that every member of Team Rocket agreed with the plans of their attack." Callan begins, taking a sip.

"Since the meteor event, more have flocked to the League than ever before after seeing that the League can be reasonable, and often times, overly merciful." He pauses.

"I'd also dispense with the notion that all who follow under the Rocket banner are somehow completely separate entities than we are. And even if that were the case, the idea that we act in benefit for our constituents, including members of Team Rocket, is the difference in what separates the atrocities that we commit from theirs: ours comes from a value of order that stems from governmental principle."

"Many of you have had relations and friends who were unknowingly members of Team Rocket. I'd urge you keep them in mind every time you consider taking drastic action. It is the reason I believe profess 's plan has merit."

He sticks his tongue out the corner of his mouth as his eyes barrel upwards for thought. "And even if not, it is the only one that is suggested. Unless anyone else care to share. An alliance need not be the end goal, a ceasefire could be equally as helpful, provided we have a good reason, which we do. We can pick apart our imperfections in our own time."

AQUA

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,751 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 5:01:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4

EVENT

“IT IS A TOPIC MEANT TO OPEN UP FURTHER DISCUSSION,” is how he brushes off penelope’s question, as if it were any other crease along the shoulders of his suit jacket—out of place, far from bothersome, but an issue that requires correction nonetheless. after all, a grand idea cannot be expressed in just one sentence. that much is apparent from their last assembly.

his initiative is quickly buried by the subject of team rocket. an inflammatory subject that cast as heavy a shadow as the organization does over the region. while discourse mount, he remains silent.

that had been why he did not usher the same civility demanded of them. only through discourse could they really pick each other minds. derive the perspective of those present, and, on good fortune, dig up secrets that were otherwise unknown.

an official, much less public, alliance with team rocket is out of the question,” he interjects as the room divides in two. “not when they hold the advantage of not having to uphold the rules of engagement.

a fact that has only recently been discovered.

as the others have pointed out, a growing portion of team rocket does not care about this region. an alliance with the MEGALOPOLANS have made them bold enough to jeopardize our operation with METENO. likewise, we have reason to believe they are backed by foreign region and powers.

a cursory eye flickers between and .

and, perhaps, even by our own.

he pauses, eye closed in great contemplation, before he moves on.

regardless, our current predicament is as close as a ceasefire as we’ll be able to maintain.

which cuts to his earlier point.

until we can remove more threats from the field. with so many eyes watching over hoenn’s renaissance of evolution, we cannot commit to any battle that does not have a guarantee of success.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

• denies alliance with team rocket
  • reveals team rocket is backed by other regions / powers
  • and possibly / ?
  • suggest that non-pvp event cycles ceasefire enough
  • suggest they focus on eliminating variables of the ORIGIN POINT

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 6:47:20 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The longer he stared at the murky liquid in his coffee cup, the more… heated (?) the discussion gets between people present at the meeting.

This is why getting all of us together in here is a bad idea, it’ll eventually lead to an inevitable showdown of ideals… ugh, he thought. Turning to tilt his head minutely in ’s direction, he remained quiet while stewing on what he wanted to say.

(No, he was not going to bring up his little problem. At least not yet anyway considering there were far too many… dangerous variables present.)

He’s then reminded of the conversation he had with dearest cousin about trying to fit something square through a round hole. He pondered if it would be best to lay down a card on the table. But not the main hand, not just yet.

(Unfortunately, some people were vehement against seeking a temporary alliance with the enemy.)

“I… will have to agree with and on this,” he began quietly after taking a sip of his coffee.

“Even if it’s temporary. Even if it’s just to address the immediate threat hanging over all our heads. ‘The enemy of my enemy is my friend,’ or so the saying goes,” he mused.

“As it is, we may not even have enough resources to go around to tackle everything all at once based on how everyone wants to tackle specific things discussed so far. Working together with Rocket, at least temporarily, to handle all the bigger threats that are waiting out there may be the best shot we have at this.”

And now he waited, returning his brooding gaze to his coffee.

• shit isn’t as it seems with him (iykyk)
sitting on a landmine ain’t easy
• eventually agrees with Dr. Eva and Callan
• ‘the enemy of my enemy is my friend’
• returns to his covfefe to mull over things further

@tags up there as mentioned

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 14:15:07 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","olllies"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

and the conversation shifts.

[break][break] voices rise - important ones - and ollie's left staring up at those smarter than him, more well-versed than him, wiser than him. his eyes flit back and forth between that of and her adversaries, even towards , and then, finally, towards .

[break][break] the ENVY may be for matias, but sitting so close to the coveted has it's own repercussions too. the spark of a flame as it stares down the elite four member, who casts internal flame in his wake.

[break][break] his jaw locks.

[break][break] "you sit on a high horse matias," he says, lips slipping into a frown. "for someone who's known to make your own mistakes too."

[break][break] no one else in the room knows the things that said to him that day, and as magnanimous as ollie was, even he couldn't forgive it. he opens his mouth to say more - impulse and regret and grudge on the tip of his tongue - but the councilwoman speaks for him.

[break][break] her words are smoother and more eloquent than his could ever be. but even long after the champion quells chi-yu's power, the feelings bubble beneath the surface. underneath the table's edge, his hand curves against her knee.

[break][break]

[break][break] but sure enough, another voice breaks through. this time, it's his sister's voice that breaks through the controversy. it cuts through the air like a sword, and he's shocked into silence. this isn't the baby sister he knows. but then again, this is the first time that he'd really seen her like this.

[break][break] and she makes good points too - ones that he finds himself nodding with. after all, it does makes sense that all of the issues presented would be issues, but it did feel a little bit like choosing "d) all of the above" in a question that had only marked "a, b and c". but she was the smarter one, so who he was to say?

[break][break] when speaks, ollie turns his head to his friend. "i mean, i agree. i don't think all rockets are bad, but they're not without blame. after all, that's what the program is about."

[break][break] to give rockets who wanted to a way to absolve of their crimes and be mitigated back into society. but that still didn't erase history, no matter how much time a person put in. as the conversation develops, many people bring up other points too, last of which is the most important.

[break][break] "ideally, eva's idea is sound. it's be much easier to do things without rocket breathing down our backs if we could get them to agree to a ceasefire." his eyes flicker towards . "but as everyone knows, it's not so easy. the commissioner already went to sootopolis once, and it didn't go so well. and then the meteor made everything worse."

[break][break] "so i don't know if it's possible, unless things have changed now."

[break][break] much like , his eyes shift meaningfully to and both.

[break][break] "unless, like the councilman suggests, we have insider knowledge."

[break][break] expectantly, he leaves the floor to them both.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] + ollie is effected by ENVY because he's sitting right next to penny and snaps at matias a little. then he's like oK SIS say more but also didn't we already try that???
[break]+ he also said rangers should be in charge of the silent icelands if they're going the divide + conquer route

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-heartbeat"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@aqua-assembly

[attr="class","milkhcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".olllies"]--accent:#FFB24D;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .postbody img"] float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin: 5px 21px 11px 1px; height:90px; width:90px; filter:grayscale(0%); transition:0.5s all; } .luck .postbody img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:0px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody .ooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkhcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkhcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkhcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 14:34:35 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4

The latest installment in the franchise.

Save for 's words, which he would've to admit, he could not argue with in good faith, the conversation cycle begun to loop, with similar proposals and arguments being thrown, the occasional petty grudge and personal vendetta rearing in its ugly head right in front of the commissioner with all the grace and self-control of a highschool spat.

Nostalgic.

"Hooey." He sighed with an eyeroll, slouching back into his seat.

Only then did he notice the familiar, coned hat on the table in front of him. When the heck—?

The moment he realized it was there, a dark, round ball suddenly began to emerge from the flat surface underneath the hat, hot pink locks of hair spilling from underneath the cone, until—

"Well, ain't your timing impeccable?"

He smiled, lightly cocking his head as his matron moved to hover over his chair, the deity casually leaning onto his back rest as she looked around the place.

And just like that, he checked out of the conversation.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,125 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 18:02:24 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

COSMIC POWER stops the flow of ENVY but it does not silence the growing presence in his mind. no longer does it loom; it seeks to overpower and control.[break][break]

and he lets it.[break][break]

"are we truly discussing, councilwoman? we have people advocating for an alliance with rocket," he gestures to and , "people who think i have ties to rocket simply because i tried to seduce a florist," he gestures at , "and people who can't seem to sit and focus for longer than two seconds," to and .[break][break]

"i find myself agreeing with the newcomers. who would've thought."[break][break]

he looks at and , more amused than anything, before shifting his attention to .[break][break]

"no insider knowledge here but maybe you morales' do? i can't think of why you two would be pushing for peace with them otherwise. have you forgotten how they burned our homes?"[break][break]

[break]
- sits next to #mycommissioner[break]
- rocket is the biggest threat POGGIES

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]