awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lydiamagnusson
Lydia Magnusson
MANTINE SURFING
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 2:07:37 GMT
Lydia Magnusson Avatar
It seems her mount is up for a challenge. With a burst of power, Lydia and the Mantine sail high above the waves. “Zat is beautiful!” The soldier’s attentiveness pays off. She taps the water type’s wings when necessary to elicit a proper response. The multiple turns of Magikarp Splash are completed without issue.

There is a burst of confidence that has been missing for a long time. With war and her work gone, she is left with the parts of life she is terrible at. Small talk, socializing, and relaxation.

They come down on the underside of a wave and drift to a smooth stop. “Are you tired already?” Lydia murmurs in lightly accented tones. The manta ray is trembling beneath her like a car about to zoom past a red light. “Or do you have zomething else to show me?”

Magikarp splash successful!
Going for Starmie 720!
jFrp|vDZ
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
3,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
MANTINE SURFING
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 4:10:30 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

MANTINE SURFING

It is what it is.

The closer one flies to the sun, the more catastrophic the inevitable fall.

As his body returned to his girlfriend, splayed out across the water with his dizzy mantine in tow, it twitched erratically with each little playful jab of hers.

Mocking the son of a shepherd farmer, this woman...!

Bubbles arose around his head as he violently shook his head, rolling onto his back and gasp.

"HAAAH! Help? Lele?" He scoffed at the very notion, squinting at Yuina. "She would sooner pull the surfboard from under me herself."

Tapu Lele was unfortunately not there to defend herself from this terrible accusation— but then, she probably would've proven him all too right if she had been there.

"Wasn't planning to stop anyway!" He said as he stuck his tongue at Yuina, sliding over his mantine tiredly whilst stretching. "You'll regret playing it safe when I come lookin' for my prize.~"

Hopefully. Now, for his next attempt—

MAGIKARP SPLAAASH!
fkQDWe0y

TL;DR:
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Officer / Gym Leader / INTERPOL
Lieutenant Officer
Feels like
I've known you for a lifetime.
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,485 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
MANTINE SURFING
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 4:23:49 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

MANTINE SURFING

"Once again." He said without even blinking at his own failure.

He had gotten into the swing of things, accustomed to the chilling splashing of failure. To the sting of a heavy fall. He may not have been any closer to accomplishing his goal through skill, but he knew there was another path.

Sheer grit. Pure stubbornness— it, too, was a path to victory.

MAGIKARP SPLASH
fdi||OV9

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
Would you like an adventure now, or would you like to have your tea first?
awards
643 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
MANTINE SURFING
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 4:31:03 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
Though, perhaps it would be better to take it easy for a bit. The waves weren't looking quite right, anyhow, and the Mantine was still seeming a little dizzy. It's okay, buddy, they didn't mind going at its pace for a bit! Rest was important!
Primarina Twist
g6EIQ2zQ
2000/8000 Points
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
Fox tails hidden under wedding dresses
awards
736 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
MANTINE SURFING
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 4:40:12 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
... Until they are suddenly no longer part of that nirvana.

Makoto does not know when they ended up in the water again - but they were here now, they supposed. Their Mantine seems concerned.

Okay, maybe they shouldn't let themself space out this hard again... Back to it.
Primarina Twist
LR|AtNvk
3000/8000 Points
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

She/Them
15 (Estimated)
April 5th
Route 119/Fortree
???
Wandering Wildchild
Cadet
N/A
Uninterested
87 height
87 height
HABABABABA
awards
650 posts
Ettie DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ettie
Ettie
MANTINE SURFING
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 5:02:01 GMT
Ettie Avatar
Here, Anat blinks as she hears Ettie whooping and giggling. The Lucario supposes that the wildchild is having a good time, and glances up to watch what she is up to to see her...

... Doing donuts on the Mantine? Spinning in near-place, essentially. Huhm. Not a trick, but well, whatever makes her happy. She was sure the Mantine would stop it if it didn't want to keep spinning.
Primarina Twist
|BK8b2VA
2000/8000 Points
close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
MANTINE SURFING
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 6:06:32 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

he persists, battling the sun and fatigue...would he land it this time...?

6JOMrWZk
magikarp splash!
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

DarkWingsGod
Male
April 5
Heterosexual
Streamer
Grunt
Single
5'07" height
5'07" height
awards
199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @darkwingsgod
Andrew Fisher
MANTINE SURFING
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 7:08:10 GMT
Andrew Fisher Avatar

"Yo, you fuckin' see that shit!? Too fuckin' easy!", boasted Andrew, after successfully landing the trick.

As Andrew read the chat, he caught a troll making a remark about how many attempts it took for him to pull it off.

"You said it only took me a billion tries? You know what else is taking a billion tries, but has no end in sight? Your mom, being taught to properly dome me! No matter how hard I try to teach her, she just can't get it right to save her fuckin 'life! I'm afraid she'll never learn to give proper top! That's what's taking a billion fuckin' tries, bitch! The fuck up out of my chat! Mods, toss this peasant into the trash, where he motherfuckin' belongs!"

With the troll dealt with, Andrew set his sights on the next trick. This time, he'd attempt the Primarina Twist.

ofC4yy8b

tags: @tag
notes: 8/3 - Magikarp Splash - FAIL
8/4 - Magikarp Splash - FAIL
8/5 - Magikarp Splash - FAIL
8/6 - Magikarp Splash - FAIL
8/7 - Magikarp Splash - FAIL
8/8 - Magikarp Splash - +5000
8/9 - Primarina Twist - FAIL

Total: 5000pts

close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
818 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
MANTINE SURFING
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 7:12:29 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

Much to the Mad Dog's frustration, he wiped out again. Despite wanting to rage out, the Rocket veteran maintained his composure. He vowed to make a good example for his son.

Again, the Rocket attempted the Magikarp Splash.

f2hjeXCn

notes: 8/2 - Magikarp Splash - FAIL
8/3 - Magikarp Splash - FAIL
8/4 - Magikarp Splash - FAIL
8/5 - Magikarp Splash - FAIL
8/6 - Magikarp Splash - FAIL
8/7 - Magikarp Splash - FAIL
8/8 - Magikarp Splash - FAIL
8/9 - MAGIKARP SPLASH - ?

Total: 0

close tab

played by

Tagger

Arbok Nine
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,734 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
MANTINE SURFING
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 7:21:04 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Another trick successfully performed. With the four most difficult tricks out of the way, Thomas could absolutely take things a bit easier now. He had plenty of time, after all.

Thomas, this time a bit more focused, attempted the Lanturn 360 again.

tcO45s9r

notes: 8/1 - Primarina Twist +1000
8/2 - Magikarp Splash FAIL
8/3 - Magikarp Splash +5000
8/4 - Over the Gyarados +2500
8/5 - Lanturn 360 FAIL
8/6 - Starmie 720 FAIL
8/7 - Starmie 720 FAIL
8/8 - Starmie 720 +1750
8/9 - Lanturn 360 +500

Total: 10750

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,087 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
MANTINE SURFING
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 7:46:17 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The time spent trying to recreate the first Magikarp Splash was a waste, the admin suspected. Still, there was little he could do beyond scream at the sky and keep on trying. He'd keep trying because the rush of recreating that initial trick forced him forward.

He could do it.

He could recreate it.

The last of his splashes...

GO! MAGIKARP!

MAGIKARP SPLASH
7XsvQCLs

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
5,211 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
MANTINE SURFING
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 10:20:34 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[attr="class","eris102"]TO THE MOON AND BACK, I'LL LOVE YOU MORE THAN THAT
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]That voice that once stole her bit has been swallowed by the waves. After all, they must now be terrified by how she's touched the heavens with that binding vow.[break][break]

But the thing about Mantine Surfing, is that the joy is not the sensation of one-upping your fellow surfers. It is that of when you spy all your fellow Mantine Surfers defy the odds that have been specified by the event organisers and chase after the highest of highs.[break][break]

She digs her heels into the sand, taking a deep breath as she looks right at the crowd. They laugh, they falter because the Magikarp Splash is nothing but a pipe dream, a statistical impossibility in their minds. But to the ones who dare to dream, she only has one thing to say to them -[break][break]

[break]

YqTc0Ihg
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]slateport beach
[attr="class","eris103"]mantine surfing
[attr="class","eris103"]5000 pts
[break]
NOTES
MAGIKARP SPLASH
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris99]width:500px;height:250px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103 a]color:#333333!important;font:8px Helvetica;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris109 b]font:bold 10px Helvetica;color:#a0bad6;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Montserrat:400,700]
close tab

played by

solo

Violence/Violent
April ???
???
Combatsexual
Punching
???
6'5 height
6'5 height
awards
78 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gaius
gaius marcellus
MANTINE SURFING
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 14:45:17 GMT
gaius marcellus Avatar

Another failure, but each step of failure was another plank on the bridge to victory. And victory he would have.

Another Primarina Twist was attempted, and he would not stop until he succeeded.

0RkfKumo

close tab

played by

Eps

Ina, Yu, Yuyu, Yui
She/Her
Twenty-Five
February 21
Petalburg City (?)
Pan
Historian/Anomaly Ecologist
Elite Ranger
I don't want
To imagine a past, that doesn't have you in its future
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
120 lbs. | 5'8" height
To truly know one's self, look back on the marks you've made in history
awards
1,827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yuinahigashi
Yuina Higashi
MANTINE SURFING
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 14:51:39 GMT
Yuina Higashi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","yuina"]
[attr="class","yuinatag"]

[attr="class","yuinamain"]

Another trick landed, the gap was widening, she was feeling pretty okay about the Primarina Twist maneuver and was delighted each time she managed to land it. Taking a small reprieve, sitting atop her Mantine, smiling a bit at the warm sun, the open ocean breezes, Yuina's smile grew as Doug floated along after trying so very hard again for the magikarp splash.[break][break]
"Mmm, no I don't think I'm going to regret anything," she hummed, kicking her feet in the water a bit.[break]
"That three to zero score is looking pretty good right about now, seems to be working out just fine," Yuina nodded, maybe just a bit too proud of herself, but she had every reason to be. She could lean into it like he did every once in a while.[break][break]
"Maybe you should ask Lele for help, you might need it," she offered before sweeping out into the next set of waves. She might not land it every time, but she could certainly stand to play the long game for a while yet.
[break][break]

[break]
GUNuce76

notes[break]
Primarina Twist![break]
Total: 3000[break]
1, 2, 3[break]

[attr="class","yuinapoke"]

[newclass=.yuina]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina div.quote_body] margin: 10px -25px -20px -20px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinamain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:30px 35px 40px 35px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinatag a] color:#272727!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinatag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina b] color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina i] color: #cecece; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #A4DE52; font-size: 10px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuina a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 10px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.yuinapoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
217 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
MANTINE SURFING
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 15:12:39 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
Comparison was the thief of joy. Comparison was the thief of joy. Comparison -

She couldn't help it. She wouldn't describe herself as very competitive outside of that involving work, but this... this was testing her strength of will. She wanted to make it on the leaderboard. The fact that so many youths were beating her made her feel especially inept. Still, she tried to coach herself to a better mentality. Surfing wasn't a big deal in Sinnoh - at least not where she lived.

Ld1zV9Ry
primarina (50-100)
have: 1000 pt
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP