ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","oceanic"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","mmilkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","avatarimg"]
joins.

[break][break] Ollie greets her with a grin and a friendly wave, as is customary for the Head Ranger — but from that moment on, the atmosphere in 's chambers shifts. Everything else that happens after is fraught with tension, as is expected of such a council that is called on the cliffs of war.

[break][break] "Wait," Ollie bursts out finally, having been slack-jawed for the last several minutes at the implications that are being placed across the table in front of him. "What are we even talking about here?"

[break][break] Finally, his eyes shift to . He knows - he knows - she's mad. She's petty. She's upset that he argued against a point that she made, still mad that he stopped her from killing an innocent in the throes of war even though that's what she asked him to do to begin with.

[break][break] But is not the only one who has skin in this game. She's not the only one who can be stubborn.

[break][break] "Are we talking about the Ranger Amnesty Program, or just the Amnesty Program in general? Let's not forget. Amnesty Programs exist throughout the League, all supported by the Hoenn government, and all supported by Commissioner Goode."

[break][break] His eyes shift, glimpsing with a respectful nod at , before he continues.

[break][break] "I can't speak for all, but at least the Ranger's Amnesty program isn't just a give and give. Speaking of my predescessors, I know that the reason that Rangers take on the program at all is because of the stipends that we receive as a result of it."

[break][break] "Eva, Navy and Fernando are right — we can't take away one of the few leverages we have, especially in a state of all-out war. People are already upset because of the fake propaganda, because of the State of the Union address investigation that - to my understanding - is still ongoing. People aren't mad because of Rocket's insurgence — they're upset that we aren't doing more about it."

[break][break] "Just like Remy said, we need to fill in the cracks where Rocket doesn't. We have soil to fertilize when Rocket's just an endless black hole."

[break][break] "We need to provide hope. We need morale. We need to provide a symbol where Rocket won't."

[break][break] "We gotta send out a statement - either more PR, or more training, or whatever it is - that we are still here for the people of Hoenn. That the posters were fake. That all the propaganda that Rocket us surely shoving down their throats are wrong. Else, they'll fall into the hands of Rocket."

[break][break] "Morale with the League is already down. We don't need to give them their thirteen reason."

[break][break] "And we certainly don't - " he said, eyes narrowed . "Need to place them in secure facilities, like they're not even human, because what does that say about us? How does that make us different than the "home" they ran away from?"

[break][break] Ollie shakes his head.

[break][break] "But I agree that something needs to change. The Amnesty Programs in the League are instrumental to our public image, sure, but that doesn't mean we can't re-assess the vetting process."

[break][break] "Sorry, bud," he said, glancing at . "I think you'll need to finish completing the program before you should be it's spokesperson."

[break][break] Hell, Ollie wasn't it's spokesperson even. It was .

[break][break] He glanced at her.

[break][break] "Could we shift the intake to the other programs, outside of the Rangers? It's not like I think we should," he scratches his cheek. "Because I think our program does a lot of good, and Arceus knows we have it's benefits. But I won't lie — there are Rangers who disagree with the program, because of how closely we work with wildlife and convervation, and what Rocket stands for." The abuse and mistreatment of pokemon. "I've been in talks with and regarding integrating them more deeply into the Gym Circuit, as potential Gym Trainers. It'd be an extra bonus too, if we ever need the defectors to share Rocket secrets in ways of battle."

[break][break] "Or, we could shift the intake away from anyone public-facing or the front lines entirely, and just keep more of them behind a desk. Increase the hours they have to volunteer at the Draciary or Project Home. There's always work to be done. We've already got plenty, but if the question is if the League's intel is in danger, that's an easy fix."

[break][break] Emerald eyes then turned to .

[break][break] "I dunno if what you're suggesting, Illie, is the solution here. People enrolled in Amnesty already receive civilian protections. If we stop the vetting process, but still protect 'em, then what does that say for the people already enrolled? Do they just getta act like civilians and we not vet them accordingly while the system's being reworked? Are they refugees — innocent until proven guilty?" He glances at . "Or do we put them in jail then, where Rocket could just break 'em out?"

[break][break] "That seems like it'd lead to an even bigger problem."

[break][break] "If HBIC is spread so thin, maybe we should shift the budget and give 'em more to work with. Have the officers trained and get credentialed in the work that you need to do. Get more people to follow those that give ya red flags. Pax and Gunner can't do everything, but maybe there's more work to be shared."

[break][break] Maybe could take more work on, even.

[break][break] "Hell, if you need more people, I could even have some of my Rangers help out."

[break][break] Arceus knew that people like or could use some time off, behind a desk, away from the frontlines.

[break][break] "On the topic of wiretapping, I don't know if I agree, but there's a point to be made there." At this - surprisingly - he tilts his head at Penny. "It's no secret that my Rangers have been targeted - for whatever reason - by Rocket. You've all seen the reports — Captain was captured in Petalburg. Former Head Ranger , and were taken last year. Derek and Razz are both gone, because of Rocket."

[break][break] "So Interpol Officer has lent me some tech that I've been testing out with the rangers. It allows us to have a GPS location on any of them while they're on duty at any given time. It was implemented when Freya and I had the Rangers and volunteers work together to save Sea Mauville, and was instrumental in it's success."

[break][break] He takes a breath, finally driving home a single point:

[break][break] "I agree we shouldn't wiretap the civilians. But maybe we should be looking out for the League's civil servants."

[break][break] "You know, lead by example."

[break][break] That is to say - everyone that was currently sitting in that very room.

[break][break]

[break]

☀️ TLDR ; [break][break]
— reminds everyone that league's amnesty programs (plural) and ranger amnesty are not one in the same [break]
— says that the league people are already upset, and removing/reducing the amnesty program may be the last thing ppl need to swap sides [break]
— ollie is like WTF REMY INTERNMENT CAMPS?? [break]
— supports and say that we need to be a BEACON OF HOPE TM !! [break]
— reminds ppl that isaac hasn't graduated in amnesty yet and that freya is amnesty spokesperson [break]
— suggests that perhaps we move people to gym leader amnesty instead of rangers [break]
— reminds that people in the amnesty program already receive civilian protections, so is she implying that people would be treated like civilians while the vetting process is paused? essentially giving them freedom without clause? [break]
— supports the idea of wiretapping — but government employees, not civilians (officers, rangers, everyone in aqua, etc.) [break]

[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","bottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnlist"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
AQUA ASSEMBLY V

[newclass=".oceanic"] --accent:#d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=".oceanic"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background-color:#1a1a1a; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; position:relative; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden;} .oceanic .textbox i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .oceanic .textbox a { font:500 12px/10px 'Poppins'} .oceanic .textbox b { font:bold 13px/11px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); font-weight:500; } .oceanic .textbox u { text-decoration: underline solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1.2px; text-underline-offset:1.5px; font:13px/10px 'Roboto';} .oceanic .line { height: 5px; background: #333; width: 300px; margin: 20px auto 0px; opacity:0.8; } .oceanic .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding:40px 60px; padding-bottom:40px; } .oceanic .bottom { height:45px; background-color:#272727; border-top:1px solid #333; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/7YB3gRD/flower.png); background-size:cover; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; } .oceanic .pkmnlist { text-align:right; margin-top:-20px; } .oceanic .pkmnlist img { filter:grayscale(1); } .oceanic .pkmnlist img:hover {filter:none;} .oceanic .tagline { margin-top:-25px; margin-left:20px; } .oceanic .tagline i { color:var(--accent); font-size:12px; font-family:Poppins; background:#222; padding:2px 20px; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #333; z-index:99; position:relative;} .oceanic .tagline a { color:var(--accent)!important; font-family:Poppins!important; } .oceanic .oocbox { border-top:3px solid #333; padding-top:10px; width:260px; margin:20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=".mmilkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:60px; right:10px; opacity:0.5; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .mmilkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#6b6b6b!important; } .mmilkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".oceanic .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; float:left; margin:0px 20px 10px 0px[/newclass]

[newclass=".oceanic .tag"] text-align:center; } .oceanic .tag a { font:bold 15px/10px 'Poppins';!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".oceanic .top"] height: 50px; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/9c/83/a4/9c83a435f34a088cab7dd4503186d41b.jpg); background-size:cover; background-position:top center; position:relative; [/newclass]

[newclass=".oceanic .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; margin-bottom:-10px; margin-top:10px; } .oceanic .pkmnteam img { filter:grayscale(1); height:45px; } .oceanic .pkmnteam span img { filter:grayscale(0)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont="Playfair+Display"]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
I'll leave you
RUINED
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,898 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
AQUA ASSEMBLY V
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2024 7:23:20 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","devil coveted"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","postbox"]

As expected, arguments came to a roar. From every side of the aisle, opinion became the currency of the wealthy, spent and earned with quick spats and calculated points. So she listened. Waited. Her finger occupied with the splayed tablet in front of her, clicking through menus, compiling information and striking information all at once.
[Break][break]
Only once she finished did her voice join the chorus.
response.
[break][break]
"If a man kills, then he will be jailed. This is no different. We have laws for a reason. Because, while you, Morningstar, might cling to the notion I'm speaking of the few petty thieves among Rocket, I'm not. I'm talking about the people who are razing Petalburg, and just blew up their hospital. I'm talking about the people who arrived at Mossdeep and set the city into chaos, sending hordes of genesects into the streets, leaving hundreds injured, some dead. "
[break][break]
She could still see the flooded street, hear the harrowing screams echoing around her. Life, in those moments, became a luxury hardly affordable to the masses. Did see it too? Did he remember the injured? The displaced families, piling into tiny wooden boats, watching as their homes fell into ashes.
[break][break]
"Now more than ever, the people of Hoenn need us, not only to lead, but to make the hard decisions that will ultimately win us this war. We've already closed the vacant elite four position and any challenges, halted council applications, slowed the gym circuit; we've done it all. Reductions and realignments is far from new. So why do we draw the line here?"
[break][break]
She looked at , , , . Had they forgotten the notice? The shift in tone since Kyogre's ramming through Sootopolis' walls.
[break][break]
"," Her voice cools as golden eyes glanced between the blonde and her brother, Penelope's heart teetering between them. Petty was a light conviction for a woman vibrating with kempt frustrations. Envy, betrayal, envy, anger, more envy. Her heart was a jammed carousal, sentenced to spin without an end. ", you speak of the fragile state of the Hoenn People, of their grievances, and I agree. They're angry and they're right to be. Despite our best attention to make peace, we've failed them, and brought the conflict to their doorstep."[break][break]

Petalburg's fall came with bitter acceptance. For two nights, she could hardly sleep. Nightfall became a self-inflicted war, with battles sewn into every second her eyes laid close. Rest too long and the dead become living again.
[break][break]
"And now you're suggesting we prioritize the safety of criminals over them? You can think I'm being hyperbolic - and a month ago, I might've agreed. But a month ago I also wouldn't have guessed Monroe would be arriving onto Petalburg shores. Burning our city into the ground. "
[break][break]
From there, conversation flourished again, this time with recounts more personal and harder to deflect. As her attention settled onto , she couldn't help but frown. More than anyone else at the table, he had the potential do more than evoke change - he, himself, could've been the change they needed. The agent to turn the tide of perspective toward their advantage.
[break][break]
Maybe, in time, he still could be.
[break][break]
" As much as I want to agree with you, , you and are the exception, not the rule. "
[break][break]

Turning to the rest of the group, Penelope continued, her eyes bouncing from head to head, returning back to and with consistency. Even without words, her gaze urged them to speak.
[break][break]
"Look, I'm not suggesting we yank the carpet from under their feet. But as mentioned, we're spread thin. Even with more budget, even with more hands, there are higher priorities to attend. Like counterintelligence. Like intel on rocket's next move. Like locating the underground network they've dug underneath our feet. Like discovering the extent of Kanto's aid, and whether it'll be continuous effort to account for." She looked to , "Like locating and working to neutralize Monroe, or any other high-rank that now sit next door to us."
[break][break]
Her points took physical form. Without sparing a glance, she pushed her tablet across the table, back toward . On the screen were the estimates he requested, as well as a compiled summary of the three warfronts.
[Break][break]
Any attempt to further dig into what wasn't already there would be denied by the locked screen.
[Break][break]
A pause was taken before, with narrowed eyes, her gaze cut to .
[break][break]
"Because, unlike you, Navidson, I fail to see us incapable of responding to Hoenn's threats. Unowns or otherwise."
[break][break]
Finally, she redirects her attention once more, focusing not just on the group, but as well.
[break][break]
"I understand there's hesitations, but let me clarify: my suggestion is not to wiretap our civilians as a whole. Its to be given the flexibility, within reason, to investigate. As mentioned, there's the safety of our own that's come to question. There's the recorded history of league members contacting rocket members to consider, " her eyes flickered to Freya, momentarily brought back to their conversation within the tera caverns, "and again, rocket is no longer a small group, sitting on a remote island. They're here and they've grown. If there is any reason to believe businesses are supporting their growth, either through supplies or storage, we need to be able to act. if there is any reason to believe there are civilians spreading their message, promoting misinformation, we need to be able to act."
[break][break]
"Ultimately, is right. This is war. We've lost Petalburg, we've lost good men," her words gestured to the hologram previously flashing between all of them, "we've lost our champion - how much more do we have to lose before enough is enough? "

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]
[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".coveted"]--accent:#A54339!important; --headercolor:#a543391a!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".devil"]--accent: #A54339; --headercolor: #2E2B2B;[/newclass]
[newclass=".devil"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border: 1px solid #2d2d2d; position: relative; overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".devil .topimage"]background-image: url(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GBa3F-YW4AAXMBv?format=jpg&name=4096x4096); background-size: cover; height: 250px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".devil b"]color: var(--accent); font: 14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".devil i"]color: #ddd; text-decoration: underline solid #444; letter-spacing: 0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".devil .inner"]padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".devil .sidebar"]width: 100px; padding-top: 20px; float: left; text-align: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".devil .postbox"]color: #eee; font: 12px 'Poppins'; text-align: justify; border-top: 1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 20px 60px; border-color: #292929;[/newclass]
[newclass=".devil .avatarimg img"]width: 90px; height: 90px; float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin-left: -5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".devil-b .chartag"]font: 15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent); text-align: center; margin-top: 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".devil .pkmnteam"]width: 130px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".devil .pkmnteam img"]margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".devil .headerh"]height: 20px; background: var(--headercolor); opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".devil .ooc"]font-family: Poppins; font-size: 14px; color: #555; padding: 5px 10px; text-align: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".devil .ooc a"]color: var(--accent); font:500 15px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".devil .pkmnteam"]margin-top: -30px; width:440px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".devil .pkmnteam img"]filter: grayscale(0);[/newclass]

[newclass=".devil .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 11px;[/newclass][newclass=".devil .mcredits a"]font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.7s all; color:#434343ba; opacity:0.8;[/newclass][newclass=".devil:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

- Combats freya's claim of "petty thieves" [break]
- points out they've already closed other programs due to war, so why not amensty (SHIV CONFIRMED)[break]
- Agrees w ollie that ppl are ANGRY but then pushes against ollie/freya/eva for still choosing amnesty over civvies
brings up this isn't hyperbolic cause of monroe[break]
- calls isaac/remiel expections, not rule
agrees with illeana that the hbic is stretched thin, but even with more resources, their priorities should be else where[break]
- bites navy [break]
- clarifies her increase security: looking to increase investigation of league members / civvies or businesses with proper reasoning, not just willy nilly (im assuming currently, there's more regulation than simple BOOM BOOM WIRETAP. what penny is suggesting is less redlining to take action)
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP