TAG WITH @ettie
Ettie
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 21:42:09 GMT
Ettie Avatar

VCT: OLLIE & ETTIE

character's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: Another day, another VCT fight - this time between Ettie's Smeargle, Yip, and 's Pikachu, Tofu. Though Tofu's electric attacks give Yip trouble - and his abiity to Dynamax proves imposing - Yip is able to grab a narrow victory in thanks to her unpredictable nature and ability to Copycat![break]

why is it important?: The VCT event in general was real fun for exploring how a pokemon who - by default - has no true attacking moves might fight. But, I was especially fond of this fight for the sheer fact that Ollie's use of Dynamax not only let me write a funny post of Ettie's and Yip's reactions...

But also perhaps touch a little bit on how it may have reminded Ettie of less-than-pleasant things, namely the dangerous parts of the 20 year dream of Goodbye Galar. It's also worth noting that she recognizes Ollie... But only from that ethereal and hazy dream.
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
Fox tails hidden under wedding dresses
awards
580 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 22:23:53 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar

TAIL FIVE; VERSUS SIO

character's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: Makoto and get to meet one another again during the VCT tournament - prompting for a lighthearted fight between Tsukiko, the mischievous and playful Alolan Ninetales, and Quill, an equally energetic Smeargle.[break]

why is it important?: Getting to write Tsukiko being Tsukiko was fun - she is a bit of a slapstick-y pokemon honestly. But, also getting to give a new character (Sio) some threads is great, as well as further (even if brief) interactions between Sio and Makoto, given the plans that Bug and I have for the two as far as plotting goes :3
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 1:05:39 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar

SISYPHUS

's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: An old friendship is reignited after stagnating for far too long. returns to Hoenn and comes asking for help, which is more than happy to provide.
[break]
why is it important?:
is a burdened man. His path in life has not been an easy one.

Most recently, he's abruptly returned after a grueling stint in Kanto, motivated in part by the reappearance of KYUREM and the implication of an ever-more dangerous Hoenn. It could only get worse in the future and he needed to secure his teenage brother, 's, safety.

Who does he trust enough in ROCKET to help lift this burden? Someone he hadn't relied on in a long time: .

I'm excited to see where Cap and I take their relationship going forward. Two years ago, these characters used to be intimately close, but time and circumstance had them grow apart.

Will past feelings return? Or will this budding rekindling face even more challenges than before?

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,330 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 1:53:23 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar

Crystal Clear

@'s curry entry

[break][brea]
thread summary: Isaac and discuss life, the universe, and everything, all while subjecting themselves to the horrors of the nightmarish realms beyond. They discuss their enemies, both the ones assigned to them by the League and the ones lurking in the deepest reaches of the cosmos. They discuss their reasons to fight, both large high-minded musings about the nature of the universe and the simple pleasure of experiencing their day to day lives. Though their duty is unfathomably large, and their lives are infinitesimally small, the two swear to each other a promise born of shared intent; to never stop striving.[break][break]

why is it important?: Navy and Isaac are such a fun pair of foils, and I've gotten so mileage out of the unique bond that the two of them share. Both never expected to be the type to let others in, and yet time and time again they find themselves falling back on each other for both tactical and moral support alike. They both take each other's iconoclastic nature and reinforce it, while also giving it a focus and direction they may lack alone. Both are hellbent on doing what's right for Hoenn with a power and prestige that still feels foreign to them, and with each other's support neither man feels like an island.[break][break]

In this thread, they had to test that mettle both through one of the League's more dangerous assignments and through a phantom from none other than Isaac's own patron. It covered a perfect spectrum, capturing the various flavors of physical and mental hell that Isaac and Navy will go through for the region and the people they love. It also showed how comfortable they're becoming with one another's presence, able to take on challenges that would have left them overwhelmed and helpless on their own.[break][break]

Time will tell how much more this bond will develop, especially with it being truly put to the test. Hoenn is finally making moves against Sootopolis. , someone of deep importance to both of them, outed her identity and put herself in peril. The war is increasingly shifting nature from a battle within the region to a gallery of outer forces and cosmic nightmares. As all of Isaac and Navy's worst fears become confirmed, they'll both need a strong bond like this to keep their heads held high and make it through together.
close tab

played by

dove

dr. graves
he / him
October 28
fallarbor town, hoenn
bisexual
museum director
professor / researcher
hardwired
allopatric isolation
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
i get by, but it's hard to forget in the smoke of denial and the fog of regret.
awards
395 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gideon
GIDEON GRAVES
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 2:00:34 GMT
GIDEON GRAVES Avatar

UNCOMFORTABLE TRUTHS

's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: Two brothers meet for an overdue drink and a heart-to-heart. As the alcohol loosens their lips and they share tidbits of their love lives, insists that deserves happiness after his last several disastrous relationships. 's name is brought up, which flusters Gideon, as their current situation is ill-defined. His brother then suggests going back on AmiGO, but Gideon resists the idea, in part due to his conflicting feelings about Ollie.
[break]
why is it important?:
This was a very productive conversation that hit on several plot points for both characters. I love getting to delve into the sibling bond between and — especially when things get tense (i.e. Gunner's trainwreck of a relationship with ). Through it all, though, the brothers remain more tightly-knit than ever post-Gunner's HBIC reveal.

It was also fun to get to explore Gideon's emotions around . After a drunken night spent together, the two men are now navigating this new shift in their friendship. They're still just friends, but now it's a lot more flirty?? And Gideon's resistant to the idea of putting himself out there and dating again?? But isn't sure why?? Cause him and Ollie are just friends??

Their future will definitely be wholesome and not at all hopelessly tragic... :)

Shoutout to GUNS for being an amazing writing partner, as always. I couldn't have asked for a better brother for Gideon ♡

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
995 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 2:02:55 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar

ULTRA DEEP SEA: FH

character's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: after the events of blood, mud and iron, tsubaki had turned to her boss, , to glean details about the megalopolans and alternate dimensions, specifically the copy of the quaestor lucis seen during the course of that event, recognizing it from her many adventures in the ultra deep sea - thus setting up this thread[break]

when baki and freya investigate the ship, the horrors of the deep echo through her psyche. she is changed by the revelation, succumbing to the hallucinations. her altered state of mind synchronizes with her nihilego, and she and it fuse together, unlocking the ultra burst phenomena.

[break]

why is it important?: this is the culmination of a series of threads I've been doing involving tsubaki's research into dynergy and the ultra deep sea, spurred on by postdormitum and then goodbye galar - she's desperate to understand this eldritch thing slumbering beneath her adopted home, because no matter what she doesn't wanna lose it. at the same time, exploring it means poking that sleeping giant, and uncovering things that maybe should've stayed buried

it's also a new beginning, a turning point for her, giving her a new piece of the puzzle to examine and become used to, and thrusts her into a position where she both becomes the subject of freya's guilt, for letting this happen in front of her while being unable to stop it, and she also harbors her own for lying to about stopping her visits to the ultra deep sea, now bound to it in a way she could never have imagined

also, mostly I just wanted to showcase crow's amazing, phenomenal writing, she's so easy to bounce off of and she really gave me room to have my self-indulgent fun while delivering banger after banger, I am not exaggerating at all when I say you'd be doing yourself a favor reading this for her posts alone, they're THAT good <3

close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 2:14:44 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

Sisyphus

character's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: Several months ago an engagement with resulted in Felix being forcibly relocated to Kanto. With only given a few hours to recollect himself, all he could do was ensure 's safety before being sent off. He didn't even have the chance to say goodbye. [break]

During one of admin 's routine visits in January, the topic of returning to Hoenn was explored, in which after some conversation, led to the decision of approving his return.
[break]
Now, nearly everything has changed. His relationships, his personal connections - everything. And in this new world where kyurem is now well and alive, he is met with one of the many consequences of his sudden disappearance: refuses to see him, refuses to talk to him. [break]
[break]
It's in this most pained, vulnerable state he visits the one person in Rocket he can trust for advice: . The person he'd once taken a bullet for, the man he'd once thought to have love. And, together, a chapter of their story is revisited, proving to felix the possibility of second chances. [break]

why is it important?:
This thread is vitally important to me because, because as you can tell from above, it's vitally important to Felix's story. From the very beginning, Felix was a man written to live and die for the people he loves. And while, prior to his departure, there were a few names that made that list, for one reason or another, that's been changed. And ultimately, it's led to him grappling onto a rope he'd previously thought to be cut completely.
[Break][break]
Overall, so far, so much of Felix's storyline has revolved around loss. And for the first time, this will be him regaining one of those relationships that'd been damaged by distance.
[Break][break]
I'm super grateful Dove and I are able to complete a story that was originally foundational to Felix's conception. Especially since it was one of the first plots that actually solidified my love and passion for hoenn. It's gravitating how natural these two characters interact with one another, and I think a storyline of rekindling connection (for benefit or for worse fufufufu) only makes me more excited to continue keeping a close eye on their development.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,334 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 2:23:59 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkycurry"]

I HATE YOU, I LOVE YOU

's curry entry

[break]
thread summary [break] towards the end of the league's holiday party, the two event organizers disappear onto the balcony to have a much needed reunion. the thread is full of heat and ENVY, as ollie forces penny to confront her feelings and finally explain to him why she's been acting at odds all evening. and 's relationship continues to grow with certainty — after all, all roads lead back to pellie. [break][break]

why is it important? [break] this thread is important for several reasons, but most of all, it is yet another ode to the ongoing story that cappa are writing when it comes to the ever-dramatic coupling of and . their relationship is dear to my heart, one that we first began writing in august 2022 (can you believe it's been almost two years?!) and every time we write it continues to be more enjoyable than the last.

[break][break]

delving into the deeper end of things, penny and ollie's argument highlights several aspects of the messy, complicated plotline that is ollie's love life. he coordinates the entire party with , but a slight distraction causes him to pivot towards — his friend that he's developed more intimate ties with. it also brings forth the tension that he feels for an old flame in . the league party set the seeds for juicy development — and this thread is merely feasting on them.

[break][break] this thread highlights something that i've always held dear to ollie's character — despite appearances, ollie is far from the perfect man that many ascribe him to be. in this thread, you can truly see the cracks within the surface — the toxic man beneath that only penny is ever able to fully draw out. is able to see inklings of this in later threads, and perhaps after this event at the league party, maybe even will be able to eventually understand this as well, but it's only penny who is ever able to see him for who he truly is, past, present and future.

[break][break] i rarely get to write ollie being so flawed: his hypocritical anger at penny for kissing caleb, even though he had done the same thing with gideon (without his permission, no less); the fact that he pursues penny at all, going against the advice of his sister ; the regrets and resentments he has, both for himself and for her. oocly i think many people think that penny is the one who burns ollie, but instances like this show that it is very much mutual.

[break][break] this thread showcases the idea that - no matter how much you want to, or maybe should, pull away from someone, there are some ties more significant. penny and ollie are the ties that bind. no matter how much hurt you cause, no matter how many reasons they should have for not being together, they always end up back together in one another's arms.

"i don't care about anyone else at this party except you," he murmured. "it's always been you, penny."

in addition, this thread also explores the effect that 's ENVY has on ollie, causing him to make poor decisions for himself, penny, and the league in general. it's one of the many odes to ollie being pulled deeper into hoenn's main storyline, which i also enjoy greatly.

[break][break] as always, captain is a phenomenal writing partner — spoiling me with gorgeous imagery, wonderful dialogue and a toxic relationship that will continue throughout these two's journeys on hoenn and even beyond. TYVM ILY CAPPA <3

[newclass=".milkycurry"] width:400px; margin:0px auto; } .milkycurry b { font-family:Poppins; } .milkycurry a { font-family:Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,244 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 2:45:35 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

VCT: MATIAS VS GWYAR

character's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: In which proves he is the superior Ex to . I mean... not that it takes much to beat crazy ex energy, but still. [break]

why is it important?: This is the closest to a lick back Gwyar is likely to ever get on Mr. Coming to Steal Your Girl. On a more serious note, until now, Gwyar and Matias have had a tense but cordial working relationship, with Gwyar choosing to respect Matias despite some perhaps arguing that the man has wronged him before. This relationship grew a bit more tense after Matias shot down Gwyar's offer to teach swording, gatekeeping Viridion for himself because he can't steal just ONE girl from Gwyar's life, and whatever respect Gwyar had for the man is now on shakier ground because, well... being a sore loser ain't cool.

Plus I found Matias' few narration lines about not wanting to lose to Eva's other ex hilarious. Noodles is the king of writing pettiness. :joy:

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,471 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 3:27:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar

CABLE CAR

kyle's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: kyle calls matias for help with a simple errand to let him know he's needed despite everyone else saying otherwise.[break]

why is it important?: it's part of the series of small threads where kyle coaxes matias into sanity by being his anchor in his trying times. he tries to inspire hope, keeping instructions clear while being vague the direction, despite knowing the volatile's tendencies.

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,155 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 3:39:11 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","milkycurry"]

THE SUN WAITS TO ECLIPSE

's curry entry

[break]
thread summary the cursed, the scorned, the coveted. , and have a much overdue meeting in the silent icelands. jayden, in his overstimulated state, immediately attacks after he mistakes her for . with his disdain for the league burning fiercely within him, jayden recklessly throws himself into the flames, both metaphorically and literally. it is only with the help of 's intervention that anchors him, strengthening him with her own ruinous grudges, that he survives. due to this eventful encounter, yet another brand forms on jayden's heart — this time in the shape of .

[break][break]

why is it important?:

[break][break] this thread showcases jayden's avatarship training arc, where in the midst of a session with , he struggles to control his powers and emotions. mistaking for matias due to his frenzied state, he launches into an attack.

[break][break] for me, this thread was really pivotal because it showcases jayden's journey in his avatarship, the complex feelings he has regarding matias and rocket traitors, and the delusions his mind creates as a result.

[break][break]

the encounter also represents two more important things: his growing closeness to , and the importance of in his life. much like matias, the councilwoman is a representation of the league — and therefore, she stands for all the things that he hates. however, also much like matias, she doesn't acknowledge him at first either — she's much more focused on , thinking jayden to be a lesser force.

[break][break] in the middle of the thread, due to the emotions that he experiences, jayden undergoes a full transformation. even though it isn't the first time that his hair or eyes have changed color, this pivotal moment eventually becomes the tipping point for him — changing his appearance completely (at least for the moment.)

[break][break] functions as an emotional anchor for him in this thread, but also a literal one where she provides a supportive role. as his aggression wears away at him, she replaces it with healing moves and her own ruinous grudges to fuel his hatred. this is also unexpectedly an ode to their first meeting (which neither remember) decades ago. back then, elisabeth taught him simple matters like what it meant to be human; and now, years later, she's teaching him how to be a monster without being undone.

[break][break] as says in the thread:

"Better train him fast, Elisa, because next time I won't be alone and you won't be leaving alive."

i'm really, really excited for this thread! most obviously, this is the beginning of a planned series of encounters between the ruinous trio, and it's really fun to see the way the different emotions - grudge, hatred, envy - play off of each other. they all create a cycle of suffering and influence that is really fun to write out.

[break][break] so thank you so much to my writing partners scarlet and captain, who are as phenomenal as always, ilyboth ♡

[newclass=".milkycurry"] width:400px; margin:0px auto; } .milkycurry b { font-family:Poppins; } .milkycurry a { font-family:Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 3:59:49 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar

AZ EXCURSION A (CHOI VS NAVY)

character's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: Having wandered away from their post and getting lost, Chu-e ends up encountering E4 member . Navy has more than a few bones to pick with Chu-e for his negligence of , but the two manage to come to an understanding. Only time will tell if Chu-e was being honest or just filling Navy's ass full of hot air.[break]

why is it important?: For two distinct reasons I really like this thread. One is OOC and one is IC. For a long time I've struggled with my muse for Chu-e and where to go with him as a character. A lot of his past connections and plot points made it hard for me to really enjoy writing him, leading to his personality feeling like a shell of what it was. IC that kind of translated to him being depressed. While he has slowly been gaining back his will to live from numerous encounters with others both inside and outside of Rocket, this is one of the first threads where some fire is really being put back into his chest. In time, I'm hoping to use such interactions to have him be full of life again (even if his body resists that).
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
I might not feel pain, but I can still bleed.
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 4:03:46 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

VCT: Scotti + Sio

character's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: Just a VCT thread.[break]

why is it important?: Scotti gets to meet a cute girl and embarrass himself in front of them. It's also when he decided to start giving away free doughnuts with every battle.
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Kyu
He/Him
June 3
Lavaridge
Homosexual
Mercenary
Cadet
In Silence There Is Beauty
awards
148 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazu
Kazuya Yoshida
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 4:07:26 GMT
Kazuya Yoshida Avatar

VCT: Kazu + Eduardo

character's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: two himbos fight in the VCT and discuss what it means to be experienced. spoiler: it's not much.[break]

why is it important?: I just really enjoyed getting a chance to see Kazuya battle. It's a big part of hs character, and it taught me a lot about him. I also enjoy his and Eduardo's relationship.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,635 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
COMMUNAL CURRY #7
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 4:19:27 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar

COMFORT CHAIN

character's curry entry

[break]
thread summary: Tempest, in his doggish pursuit to snuff out Avatars, has a heart to heart with about his fears and worries.
What could have been a fierce argument is smoothed over by understanding- but also by Tempest's hypocrisy where his husband is involved.[break]

why is it important?: Temp isn't a proper scientist but he's pretty industrious if nothing else. This thread pushes his obsession and also puts some of this beliefs and feelings out into the air that he hasn't spoken about before. It was also a nice character moment where, when ooc me and Thorn expected/planned for them to get into a proper argument, the two of them resolved and talked about differences to come to a greater understanding. This thread was posted just barely before the curry rollover, but only by about two hours so I was granted an exception.